Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Abbie is an LPN , that has been established. Is she employed? Has that been determined?

I don't know. But it occurred to me this morning that her LPN is going to be irrelevant anyway. Because her job as a Duggar will be to pump out babies, ASAP and as long as she can. She's already pretty long in the tooth for that so they will have to get started right away. AFAIK Jim Bob and MEchelle haven't abandoned their beliefs in strict gender roles which means the wife doesn't work outside the home and the headship takes care of supporting the family. Is JD going to rebel against that once he becomes Abbie's headship? If he does, will he continue to work with Duggar Aviation which I assume his father owns?

The only Duggar adjacent we've seen who appears to be firmly outside the Gothard/IBLP world and also beyond JB's gravitational pull, is Jeremy. Hasn't (yet) moved to Arkansas, didn't impregnate his wife on their honeymoon, and though I don't care for his theology, he doesn't suck up to Creepy Bill G. Austin's family is all into Gothard. Likewise Anna's. Kendra's dad is tight with JB. Derick is - well, he's just maladjusted but he's acting it all out within reach of the TTH compound. Abbie grew up Gothard.

Nobody in that crowd except the Vuolos is going anywhere off the well-trodden Duggar path. I can construct scenarios in which JD and Abbie do, but IMO they are wishful thinking. JD is an adult who has been out there in the real world, I assume without an accountability partner unless he drags one of his little brothers along everywhere he goes. And of all the people he's met while flying and doing other things? He chooses a Gothardite for his bride. Marriage, babies, rinse and repeat.

• Love 9

I personally do not think JD picked Abbie on his own. JB had his hand in all of this. They can pretend the kiddies picked their own spouses or someone to court, but we all know Lord JB has the final say so. JD may be out in the real world, but he is still stunted Duggar style. And yes, JB owns Duggar Aviation.

11 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Uh I’m sorry but

John CLAY?

CLAY?

In the words of Deadpool, what in the ass?

Maybe they wanted to go with John Boy and decided John Clay was a better name. Just a guess on my part.

17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe they wanted to go with John Boy and decided John Clay was a better name. Just a guess on my part.

I read somewhere that Clay is a family name, I think a grandfather. 

• Love 4
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I've known at least one Clay in real life. 

And I was big fan of Clay Aiken back in the second season of American Idol. The best part of that was making some great friends whom I still keep in contact with. Many of us "Claymates" met first in online forums and then later in real life at concerts and such (my favorite hangout was the LBFCA "Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken" board) . I wasn't nearly as obsessive as some of the ones who went to concert after concert all over the country, but I guess I was obsessive enough! LOL 

Sorry, that was wildly off topic, but that's what the name "Clay" always conjures up for me.

It's a not uncommon name in the South where they more often use family names as given names. It's generally short for Clayton.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

In the original novel that The Waltons was based on, the John Boy character was named Clay Boy...

I was going to post that!  It's not a name I hear very often, but my cousin named one of his sons Clayton.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

In the original novel that The Waltons was based on, the John Boy character was named Clay Boy...

That movie was Spencer's Mountain from 1963 that starred Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara.  It's a great movie.  Yes, it's the inspiration for the future 70's TV show The Waltons.   

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Aba Daba's Curriculum Vitae (who would have thunk a Dugg to be female would have a CV)

https://www.pontotoctech.edu/ftp/practicalnursing

She was awarded her license August 7, 2017.

Suck hard on that Jilly.....

And she is actually doing something with her college education compared to college graduate Deredick who does not have the sense God gave a goose (sorry to all geese out there.)

Btw, the one picture above scares me a little because I still think JD looks like a creepy stalker type from a bad Lifetime movie. 

5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Yeah, like the team winning or losing is why they’re so sweaty... ☺️

We are experiencing 90+ degree days in the midwest and beyond. Anyone that walks outside ends up looking like that.

5 hours ago, Heathen said:

Can't wait to see Jilly Dully's sour puss* at the Abbie-John wedding. 

*puss as in face. Not that other part, although that would explain something about Derelict. 

Jilly is probably in a hurry to make another blessing so she can stick her tummy out for all to see for JD's wedding. Otherwise what else does she have to do?

• Love 14

His head looks huge, compared to Abbie's.  Hopefully the babies will favor mom.

They're older and one would think, wiser than JD's earlier-marrying sibs, so that's a plus.  Their happiness appears to be genuine.  Now, if only they could move away from any Boob-control, but I can't see that happening.  

Si and Lauren look like they are being forced into the relationship, and didn't have any say in the whole thing.  It's a shame.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

We are experiencing 90+ degree days in the midwest and beyond. Anyone that walks outside ends up looking like that.

Jilly is probably in a hurry to make another blessing so she can stick her tummy out for all to see for JD's wedding. Otherwise what else does she have to do?

Same with Jessa.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Also so she can make Derrick paint her toenails in the middle of the getting ready area because what else does he have to do!?

I’m happy for them, I’m glad they both look happy. 

• Love 7

I see that Duggar tooth whitening is only for the girls. JD and Joe would be much cuter if they’d get rid of the Charlie Brown hair curls and do a little whitening. But I guess the girls have to catch men with their stunning faces and thin figures, while the guys don’t matter. 

• Love 4

There will not be a poll to name a new topic for some weeks to allow time to get to know the couple. Perhpas even after the new season starts in case they show stuff. This avoids the complaint when a new quirk appears to change the title again.  You may discuss the couple here for now.

Also, as it has already been mentioned after other births, the titles of topics will not change upon the arrival of offspring. Even though this is announced in topic polls, inevitably it arises. 

• Love 9

JD looks happy, even his eyes show how he is feeling. JD has been more under the radar for me, but I did like his "bachelor to the rapture" comment.   I think Abbie is going to be good for him and hopefully, she will tell him she enjoys working and wants to continue.  Another hope I have is that she will understand birth control and not be pregnant (or holding a newborn) on their first anniversary. However, I know with her being "older" (in fundie circles) she needs to start as early as possible.  
I would love to know how Jill really is feeling about Abbie since Abbie has a real education.  I don't think an LPN has real "medical things" but who knows, maybe she does.  

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

THAT'S why the plane was in Omaha. Must be nice to drop what you're doing on a weekday (they went to the Wednesday game, Game 2) and fly up to see a College World Series game. Especially when no one on the plane has attended either school. Now I wonder about Abbie's work schedule...

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

THAT'S why the plane was in Omaha. Must be nice to drop what you're doing on a weekday (they went to the Wednesday game, Game 2) and fly up to see a College World Series game. Especially when no one on the plane has attended either school. Now I wonder about Abbie's work schedule...

I'm sure she had to quit her job in Oklahoma and move into the Duggar compound so she could court JD and be filmed for TLC.  If she's going to get a nursing job in Arkansas, it won't be until after her wedding.

• Love 4

I am waiting to see what happens between them before giving their relationship a 100% approval rating. Yes, he may be all happy with stars in his eyes, but right now they are in the courting stage. Remember what the majority of the posters thought when Deredick the college graduate was courting Jilly Girl. Posters thought it was great he had a college degree, and he was going to open the world to her, but we all know what happened. Behind the smiling faces there may be a lot of things we do not know about. Abbie may have a college degree, but it does not mean happiness, sunshine and roses 24/7/365 in Duggar Marriage Land.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Abbie may have a college degree,

There is no indication she has a college degree that I've seen.  She has an LPN license from a one year program.

• Love 6
(edited)

They are pretty media savvy I think they are VERY close to being engaged otherwise no way would Abbie be anywhere near them or TLC. 

Maybe JD will do something big (get engaged) when he goes to Abbie's brother's wedding in July.  

Edited by Fuzzysox

I thought there was a talking head where JD was asked if he knew of someone’s plan to propose. He answered along the lines of not as great as what I plan to do. Am I making this up? I’m sleep deprived so that is a strong possibility.

48 minutes ago, Absolom said:

There is no indication she has a college degree that I've seen.  She has an LPN license from a one year program.

I wonder if she has a Certificate of Applied Science like the one at my hometown community college (three semester program.) She still has more education than the Duggar children have and of course, Jill medical training wise.