Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Talk

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Sherv has become so much less likable and that stupid haircut and new fluffy beard aren't helping his cause.  Ugh. 

Ditto for Adam, and for that matter, periphery people on these shows, once they get more exposure.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I've only been a casual viewer this season. Did Andy ask - or did they ever address on the show - whether Asa and Jermaine are even living together?  Last I heard they were not.   

I assume it was covered by their in-depth discussion of MJ calling it a "bastard baby" and Assa's loud protestations. I was bored silly by the topic and stopped paying attention.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I'm not the biggest Asa fan but she really lost me when she intimated Mike was racist for using the term "black" to describe Jermaine.

I kind of get where Asa was coming from with that. Mike did make a point that it was not acceptable for a Persian to be in an interracial relationship with a black person. Yet, as we can see, I guess it's ok for a Persian to be in a relationship with a white person. Mike/Jessica, Reza/Adam, MJ/Tommy, Shervin/whatshername. Why is that ok in their culture? What he said felt like racism to me, too. FWIW I can't stand Mike, he's the biggest phony of them all and I agree with Shervin when he stated (in a tweet or blog, can't remember) that with two successful brothers,  it must be tough to be the loser of the family. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

MJ's hair wig looked pretty.  That's all I got.

Fixed that for ya!  

9 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I assume it was covered by their in-depth discussion of MJ calling it a "bastard baby" and Assa's loud protestations. I was bored silly by the topic and stopped paying attention.

I don't recall them discussing it during that fight--but I may have inadvertently zoned out too! 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I kind of get where Asa was coming from with that. Mike did make a point that it was not acceptable for a Persian to be in an interracial relationship with a black person. Yet, as we can see, I guess it's ok for a Persian to be in a relationship with a white person. Mike/Jessica, Reza/Adam, MJ/Tommy, Shervin/whatshername. Why is that ok in their culture? What he said felt like racism to me, too. FWIW I can't stand Mike, he's the biggest phony of them all and I agree with Shervin when he stated (in a tweet or blog, can't remember) that with two successful brothers,  it must be tough to be the loser of the family. 

Mike also brought up, several times, that Jessica being "white" was an issue within their culture as well, so his comment wasn't coming from a "racist" place but from first hand experience IMO. Every single SoS (including Asa) made comments about Jessica as an outsider (aka white/non Persian/converting to Judaism) before she/Mike married. It is strange though that no one has brought up about Tommy being white/non Persian though, maybe they don't think Tommy will marry MJ or that they will have children.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Mike also brought up, several times, that Jessica being "white" was an issue within their culture as well, so his comment wasn't coming from a "racist" place but from first hand experience IMO.

I thought it was more the fact that she wasn't Jewish, rather than being white, but I may be wrong.

A little off subject, since I'm on the Mike hate train right now, She converted for him, immersed herself in his culture and learned to cook Persian food because it was important to him. She wanted to make him happy. And the bastard still cheated. Ugh! he is disgusting. 

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I was watching with my kid.   She paused the tv and said is that really offensive though....?   I said the weird thing was I can hear it from both sides.  What I thought Mike was trying to say was wrapped up in the larger point of Asa's general nontraditionalism:  are you gonna marry this guy? you've been together for years in this undefined loosey goosey interracial relationship, what are ya'll really doing?  he and Jes,  Adam and Reza and MJ and Tommy were married and/or engaged.   I also think Mike sort of sees himself as the group's de facto voice of his parents' generation at times so he'll bring up what he assumes would concern them.    Your relationship is already different (because he's black) don't make it any harder on your parents by continuing not to give this relationship which is so important some legitimacy.  You have a baby with this man (the only one in the group so far), this isn't how we do things.     I also heard it with Asa's ear.  All of us are with nonPersians, why was that even important enough to make a headline?    He shouldn'tve used the word interracial if what he meant was unconventional. 

13 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I can’t believe that with all the awesomely funny people that were on The People’s Couch, SHE was the one who ended up on an actual reality show (as opposed to an interview show, like the VPR aftershow). She was annoying then, and she’s annoying now.

And to stand out as annoying on THIS show? That’s a real feat.

If it helps at all, one of the ladies who used to watch with her friend (I think her name or the friend's name was Julie) - they'd watch in a cute bungalow with potato chip stealing chihuahuas lol - I saw her on the season premiere of Curb your Enthusiasm.   She's a single Persian living in LA so Destiny kind of makes sense as a fit, but I'm with you, I don't think she's necessary either.    p.s. when they were talking about the chemistry between her and Mike, was that a huh? for anyone else?

When Vida said MJ wasn't planned sue me, I giggled at her discomfort.   Don't call another woman's baby a bastard, you won't find out in public and on tv that you were a surprise. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

When Vida said MJ wasn't planned sue me, I giggled at her discomfort.   Don't call another woman's baby a bastard, you won't find out in public and on tv that you were a surprise. 

What is wrong with these people? So what MJ wasn't planned. How many couples get pregnant without planning and are thrilled when they find out? I know this is cold as ice Vide we're talking about, but she never once said MJ was a "mistake" . Reza had to add that hurtful little nugget in to the conversation.  They are all just horrible, horrible people. 

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What is wrong with these people? So what MJ wasn't planned. How many couples get pregnant without planning and are thrilled when they find out? I know this is cold as ice Vide we're talking about, but she never once said MJ was a "mistake" . Reza had to add that hurtful little nugget in to the conversation.  They are all just horrible, horrible people. 

I agree Vida was married and it might have not been planned but it doesnt mean it's a mistake.  However considering how mean Vida can be I think that is just how everyone read it.

I'm not shocked Vida has grown to like Tommy, he is an ogre but damn if he isn't the best thing that has happened to MJ. If you were just to look at him quickly you would think she was too good for him, but Nope Tommy is a great catch for someone like MJ.  I think he just doesnt GAF what Vida has to say, and I think Vida needs that. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

yeah it landed like a big ole bag of so what? to me too but I loved it for how MJ took it. 

I thought Reza's comment (to Vida) was what to say for it not to have sounded insulting.  I mean, in terms of pregnancy, surprise and mistake can sound pretty close.  I think his point was well damn girl you could've at least cleaned it up with:  you weren't planned but were wanted. 

• Love 1

You have to love the editors who cut together the preview that made it appear that MJ left crying when Tommy said he liked Vida more than MJ but actually she just left to get a shot and chomp on a cucumber.

I cannotdeal with another season of MJ trying for a baby. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought it was more the fact that she wasn't Jewish, rather than being white, but I may be wrong.

A little off subject, since I'm on the Mike hate train right now, She converted for him, immersed herself in his culture and learned to cook Persian food because it was important to him. She wanted to make him happy. And the bastard still cheated. Ugh! he is disgusting. 

It was both. I will say that none of the SoS said anything with malice about Jessica not being either Jewish or Persian though, including Asa and I don't think Mike's comment to Asa was malicious either.

Yes, Mike was/is an ass for what he did to Jessica, she was/is too good for him!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

MJ's hair looked pretty.  That's all I got.

I was too distracted by her excessive tanner.

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Mike also brought up, several times, that Jessica being "white" was an issue within their culture as well, so his comment wasn't coming from a "racist" place but from first hand experience IMO. Every single SoS (including Asa) made comments about Jessica as an outsider (aka white/non Persian/converting to Judaism) before she/Mike married. It is strange though that no one has brought up about Tommy being white/non Persian though, maybe they don't think Tommy will marry MJ or that they will have children.

I rolled my eyes at all this pearl-clutching about "racism" when we've seen them all makes comments about their interactions with "whites" for the past six seasons.

37 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

You have to love the editors who cut together the preview that made it appear that MJ left crying when Tommy said he liked Vida more than MJ but actually she just left to get a shot and chomp on a cucumber.

I felt a little cheated, to be honest, but now I question the footage which seems to indicate Reza routinely cheats on Adam.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I felt a little cheated, to be honest, but now I question the footage which seems to indicate Reza routinely cheats on Adam.

There's an extended preview of that scene about Reza and Adam on the Bravo website if you care to see it. 

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yeah, I saw it the same way. Idk , if Mike is a racist, but that sounded  like bigotry to me. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think that Asa's point was that while they are mostly involved in inter-racial relationships, Mike made a point to ask the question in a "let's have a sharing moment to educate everyone" about her relationship rather than raising it as an issue that all of them have had to deal with. She was the only one that was "othered" while the perception could be that inter-racial relationships with whites were perfectly acceptable.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think that Asa's point was that while they are mostly involved in inter-racial relationships, Mike made a point to ask the question in a "let's have a sharing moment to educate everyone" about her relationship rather than raising it as an issue that all of them have had to deal with. She was the only one that was "othered" while the perception could be that inter-racial relationships with whites were perfectly acceptable.

If that was Asa's point then she is playing games (aka lying) because they all talked about Jessica being "white" for several season, including Asa herself. Mike did talk about the problems Jessica faced within their community as a "white/non Persian" woman and a "non Jew" when they were dating and how she would still face it even after converting to Judaism. He talked about it in his TH and with the others on camera, only Asa has avoided the subject because she doesn't share her real life at all.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

If that was Asa's point then she is playing games (aka lying) because they all talked about Jessica being "white" for several season, including Asa herself. Mike did talk about the problems Jessica faced within their community as a "white/non Persian" woman and a "non Jew" when they were dating and how she would still face it even after converting to Judaism. He talked about it in his TH and with the others on camera, only Asa has avoided the subject because she doesn't share her real life at all.

I just watched that part of the reunion again.  

Mike was asking Asa why didn't she talk about her relationship.  Yes, Mike, MJ, Reza, Shervin are with white people, but those relationships are on the show.  I took it as Mike saying, "Hey Asa, you're with a black man; many Persians don't go out with black people, that would be an interesting relationship to see on the show."  There was a lot of talk about Jessica not being Persian, not being Jewish; and we, the audience saw her conversion process, which I thought was real cool, would have been better had Mike not cheated.  

• Love 10

Methinks Asa doth protest with every blink of an eye! So Mike committed racism by bringing up Jermaine being black? Anything to make herself as much of put upon princess as possible. If someone pointed at me and said I was white would that be racism too? And I look like a ghost so do the math.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Mike didn't say, ever, that he agrees with it being taboo, he was simply acknowledging that it is considered a big deal in their culture. Why on earth is that a bad thing to acknowledge? Pointing out racism and wanting to talk about it makes you racist now? 

I can only handle tommy in limited doses but damn if he and vida aren't cute together 

• Love 8

Why does Asa's baby need to come to the studio to physically breastfeed.  The hell?  Has Asa never heard of a breast pump?  Breast milk via a baby bottle once in awhile?  Switching off is good for the baby otherwise Asa will have a nightmare on her hands when her baby refuses the bottle, preferring 100% of the time feeding via an actual breast.  No ma'am.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Mike is a cheater and his wife needs to apologise to his mother? Misogyny from men is one thing, but misogny from other women is taking it to another level. An unacceptable level.

I have a different take on this whole matter. Mike was already the black sheep of his family as the only brother without a professional graduate degree or steady career, but his infidelity and subsequent divorce after an abbreviated marriage has brought shame to the Shouhed family, especially within their Persian social circles. 

I believe Sue is very aware of the fact that her son is a man whore and philanderer. However, she has to much pride and ego to publicly acknowledge this. Accepting Jessica back into her family would mean she might even have to apologize to her daughter-in-law, which is she not ready or unwilling to do. Rather than tuck her tail between her legs and have egg on her face, Sue has chosen to reject Jessica. Sue would more readily welcome a new daughter-in-law to whom she did not have to show any remorse or deference to, given her son's many transgressions.

Reza can shave his mustache and lose all the weight he wants, but it's still putting lipstick on a pig. 

When GG is the cast member you're rooting for the most, boy, have times changed.

Edited by AnnieBananie
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Rahul said:

I have a different take on this whole matter. Mike was already the black sheep of his family as the only brother without a professional graduate degree or steady career, but his infidelity and subsequent divorce after an abbreviated marriage has brought shame to the Shouhed family, especially within their Persian social circles. 

I believe Sue is very aware of the fact that her son is a man whore and philanderer. However, she has to much pride and ego to publicly acknowledge this. Accepting Jessica back into her family would mean she might even have to apologize to her daughter-in-law, which is she not ready or unwilling to do. Rather than tuck her tail between her legs and have egg on her face, Sue has chosen to reject Jessica. Sue would more readily welcome a new daughter-in-law to whom she did not have to show any remorse or deference to, given her son's many transgressions.

Good point.

Decent. Looking forward to the 2nd part.

I used to kinda like Asa and her Pop Princess schtick but OMG...You are NOT the only woman who ever got pregnant! Yes it's HARD> File that one under No shit, Sherlock.  

Liked Tommy and Vida being friends. I think he's as God awful as MJ but it was cute. Good thing he likes Vida cos I guarantee if he married MJ he will be living with Vida 2.0 24/7 as I think she's just as nasty as her Mom. 

Reza looked good. Like a 1940s movie star....Much better.

Who the hell says "bastard" in 2017??? That is just ignorant. 

• Love 4

I am with everyone that Asa is a phony pretentious fraud, but I seem to be on a different planet with my other takes!  First, I really like Mike.  Haven't liked him much past seasons, but I see him as the calmest voice of reason among the bunch.  Then I thought about it and realized that this is the first season he hasn't been with Jessica and maybe she was reason he was such a dick before.  I know I am sitting alone with this opinion, but I do not get the love everyone is giving Jessica!  I cannot stand her.  The impression I got from her from day one was that all she wanted was to get married, ie have a wedding.  Sure she coverted, but she knew she had to to get that ring & wedding.  There is no way she didn't know Mike was a cheater long before they got married.  The whole season before last was about GG accusing Mike of trying to sleep with her and her and GG going at it all the time and now they are best buddies?  Please.  Jessica demanded that Mike drop all his friends for her.  Weren't Reza & MJ the only ones invited to the wedding??  Yes, Mike cheated, which I do not condone at all, but Jessica was no angel, and I think she was only in it for the engagement/and OTT wedding.

Also, as far as the Vida "MJ was unplanned" revelation, well to me that explains A LOT about the dynamic between Vida & MJ.  I absolutely think she stopped short of saying mistake, but her actions sure say to me that that is how she feels and explains why she disappeared with her BF and left MJ with her dad.  I have always felt like Vida resented MJ and was always cutting her down now it makes sense to me.  I have always had a soft spot for MJ and I wish that she and Tommy would marry and then he takes her back to NY to live and get her away from Vida who I believe is the root of all MJs problems.  Of course now that Vida and Tommy are getting along he probably won't  I just really feel like they need to keep any baby they have far far away from Vida!

I liked Shervin last season, but boy he is a prick this season!  Mike & Reza were on WWHL last week and Mike said Shervin is a big fraud and Reza was dying when he said it.  I wonder if the reasons why will eventually come out.....other than the fact that he is a womanizer!  I also do not believe for one second what Shervin said that he didn't reveal open relationship because Annalise asked him not to because of her reputation?  Makes no sense and makes her look worse!! 

I just cuz I can't say it enough......Asa is a fake fraud!!!!  Oh...and how's it working out Asa now that you are such a part of music royalty Jackson family?  you are such a big part that you haven't even met Janet's baby yet.....and neither has Janet's brother!!!  lmao 

• Love 6

The thing that infuriated me about what Mike's mom is that she said something like "things happen" to explain Mike's infidelity that Jessica should have just gotten over. However, when it comes to "forgiving" Jessica she says "there are just somethings you can't forgive" AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

I have been blessed with two lovely mothers-in-law since my husband's parents divorced and remarried years ago.

I totally agree that Reza is jealous about the positive changes GG has made.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2017 at 9:22 AM, esco1822 said:

Sherv has become so much less likable and that stupid haircut and new fluffy beard aren't helping his cause.  Ugh.

He's pretty much a story-less meathead.  

On 10/23/2017 at 9:22 AM, esco1822 said:

I'm not the biggest Asa fan but she really lost me when she intimated Mike was racist for using the term "black" to describe Jermaine.  Homegirl needs to vacate the cross she's been hanging on

Yes!  When the use of the word black is considered racist, we have lost ourselves more than I thought.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 11:14 AM, Duke2801 said:

Fixed that for ya!  

I don't recall them discussing it during that fight--but I may have inadvertently zoned out too! 

The shorter hair was much better on MJ, be it real or fake.  The long hair wasn't real either, and it was awful.  

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 11:30 AM, WireWrap said:

It is strange though that no one has brought up about Tommy being white/non Persian though, maybe they don't think Tommy will marry MJ or that they will have children.

They would probably be happy if she hooked up with a 3-toed sloth if it got her off the streets and off the liquor.

On 10/23/2017 at 0:29 PM, janie2002 said:

If you were just to look at him quickly you would think she was too good for him, but Nope Tommy is a great catch for someone like MJ.

I actually think the opposite is true.  x 1000

• Love 1
On 10/23/2017 at 1:11 PM, biakbiak said:

I cannotdeal with another season of MJ trying for a baby. 

Yeah, what is she 60 now?  lol

What wrong with being 60? I'm 60. Of course I'm not trying to have a baby either! LOL  MJ is a big old fake.

My Mom had me at 41 so YES Woman get pregnant after 40 without help. Ask my Aunts who had 10 kids and 8 kids. But I think Asa is lying anyway. Shrugs. 

The best thing for MJ WOULD be if she moved to NY with Tommy and had a real loving family instead of the vindictive, nasty Mom she has. Just cos your a mom doesn't make you a GOOD Mom. Don't remember who said she should move there but this is my "I second that" moment. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Mike & Reza were on WWHL last week and Mike said Shervin is a big fraud and Reza was dying when he said it.  I wonder if the reasons why will eventually come out.....

Wasn't it Reza that said it and Mike threw himself on the floor in disbelief?  Reza has a deep resentment and hatred for Shervin. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought it indicated that Adam & Reza have an open relationship, so there's no cheating.

Wasn't Reza's reluctance to stop hooking up with other men an issue with Adam before they got married?

33 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Wasn't Reza's reluctance to stop hooking up with other men an issue with Adam before they got married?

And maybe that reluctance led to a conversation that resulted in Reza and Adam deciding to have an open marriage.

Oftentimes on these shows there's the television representation of the marriage and then there's the actual marriage.  Sometimes these two don't even resemble each other.  In any case, I originally commented on a scene from next week's episode, and sometimes those scenes are edited in a very misleading way.  We'll find out Sunday.

Edited by sugarbaker design
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Wasn't it Reza that said it and Mike threw himself on the floor in disbelief?  Reza has a deep resentment and hatred for Shervin. 

I wonder if Reza's dislike of Shervin has to do with his sexuality. I've always posited that Shervin was not quite the red blooded, all American heterosexual man he portrays himself to be.

The reunion comes to a dramatic close when the Shahs are forced to confront their varying relationship issues. Golnesa's estranged husband, Shalom, pays a surprise visit to discuss the truth behind their breakup and reveals the current state of their marriage. Mike delivers the final word on his future with ex-wife Jessica and Shervin addresses the infidelity rumors surrounding his relationship with Annalise. Reza's husband, Adam, joins the group and they surprise their friends with jaw-dropping news. With everything laid out on the table, a concerned Asa is asked the question on everyone's mind – does she still care about her friends? Has Mike slept with Jessica? Has Reza been faithful to Adam? And does he believe in monogamy?

On 10/24/2017 at 3:59 PM, Rahul said:

I believe Sue is very aware of the fact that her son is a man whore and philanderer. However, she has too much pride and ego to publicly acknowledge this. Accepting Jessica back into her family would mean she might even have to apologize to her daughter-in-law, which is she not ready or unwilling to do. Rather than tuck her tail between her legs and have egg on her face, Sue has chosen to reject Jessica. Sue would more readily welcome a new daughter-in-law to whom she did not have to show any remorse or deference to, given her son's many transgressions.

I get this, but I think saying something like "You two are not a good fit/match" is a way to be diplomatic without assigning blame to either party. 

23 hours ago, NYCFree said:

The thing that infuriated me about what Mike's mom is that she said something like "things happen" to explain Mike's infidelity that Jessica should have just gotten over. However, when it comes to "forgiving" Jessica she says "there are just somethings you can't forgive" AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

I just think there is way to get across the point that a reconciliation with Jessica is a non-starter without denigrating her. Sue could say that "too much has happened," "there are too many hurt feelings," or "Mike and Jessica are not a good match." It's not that hard, but Sue has chosen to nominally preserve her dignity in the LA Persian community, like these people don't know that Mike is a cheating fuckwit, while showing her ass to the rest of the world.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

What wrong with being 60? I'm 60. Of course I'm not trying to have a baby either! LOL  MJ is a big old fake.

My Mom had me at 41 so YES Woman get pregnant after 40 without help. Ask my Aunts who had 10 kids and 8 kids. But I think Asa is lying anyway. Shrugs. 

The best thing for MJ WOULD be if she moved to NY with Tommy and had a real loving family instead of the vindictive, nasty Mom she has. Just cos your a mom doesn't make you a GOOD Mom. Don't remember who said she should move there but this is my "I second that" moment. 

Sarcasm.  She's 45.  If she were going to become pregnant without the assistance of modern medicine, it likely would have happened by now.  Tommy's right - she should focus on her health, it's good if she's knocked off the booze, have her IVF before to much more time passes.  Just because Annette Benning birthed at 50, doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3

I don't understand what the big deal is with being a mistake or a bastard.  I'm both.  I mean facts are facts.  I am in my parents' wedding pictures.  They never tried to lie about the year and hide it or anything.  It's not like it is 1950.  And if someone is being slightly an ass I'll still call them a bastard.  The connotation is different for me when used in that context.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

And if someone is being slightly an ass I'll still call them a bastard.  The connotation is different for me when used in that context.  

That is the much more common usage these days which is why Asa took umbrage.

• Love 3