Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Talk

• Start Topic

I doubt very much this show gets renewed.  Andy was asking final wrap-up questions.

And I don't get the Asa hate either.  I thought she was much less pretentious this season than she was in her former Persian Pop Princess/Diamond Water Entrereneuse incarnations.  She was candid about the fact that the show was basically a promotional platform for her, and I admired her for that candor.  In fact, I did find her business ventures considerably more interesting and entertaining than MJ's drunken crying jags, Reza's atrocious taste in clothes, GG's psychosis, and Mike's doodool.  I would have liked to see more of Shervin's business ventures, too.  Never could figure out why Shervin was on the show.  Clearly, he didn't need the paycheck.

• Love 2
On 23.10.2017 at 3:04 PM, bichonblitz said:

I kind of get where Asa was coming from with that. Mike did make a point that it was not acceptable for a Persian to be in an interracial relationship with a black person. Yet, as we can see, I guess it's ok for a Persian to be in a relationship with a white person. Mike/Jessica, Reza/Adam, MJ/Tommy, Shervin/whatshername. Why is that ok in their culture? What he said felt like racism to me, too. FWIW I can't stand Mike, he's the biggest phony of them all and I agree with Shervin when he stated (in a tweet or blog, can't remember) that with two successful brothers,  it must be tough to be the loser of the family. 

I´ve read a lot about their culture and the culture of the Middle-East, from both Arabs and black people, and I understand what Mike was trying to say. These cultures are very racist towards blacks and it´s very different for a middle-easterner to bring home a white girl than a black girl (or boy). Sad but true. I guess he shouldn´t have said anything, it´s tacky to bring it up on camera to his "friend", but it wasn´t him being racist though. The history of slavery in the ME is also so beyond anything that happened in America, that it´s not even possible to compare it. I know the Shahs are not arabs, but Mike was talking about the prejudices that are very real, regardless of persians or arabs.

Asa probably doesn´t want to face these facts. She also lives in a dream world where Iranian muslim women can run around and be "priestesses" who surround themselves with wild, gay men etc and still claim to be okay with the Iranian regime. GG of the huge, fake, uncovered cleavage is her proud enabler.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 3
On 10/30/2017 at 7:01 AM, wallofsound said:

Mike's mother sounds awful.   She's omnipresent, wakes up every day & calls her kids to remind them of what to do, and everything & everyone must be run past her for approval.   Give me a break, lady.   They all take that respect your elders thing way too seriously.    Elders can be asked to back it up .   How can an adult relationship thrive when one of the adult's parents is that invested?  And I'm sure Mrs Shoued's opinion holds more weight than any of Mikes girlfriends/wives etc.    she's like a 60+ year old version of the Shahs - in everyone's business!!  Good luck with that.  

Asa is a frustrating type of person to argue with because no matter what is being said, she responds in an overly calm, rational voice.   I suppose it's better than screaming obscenities and losing your shit,  but it's annoying when you're in the midst of a fight.   

GG's implants are just way too large. 

Yes, to your whole post but,  the part I bolded, really has me thinking.   When they were talking about Jessica's letter to Mike's mom. I heard several times ( at the party in the last episode too) that Jessica apologized. Mike cheated on Jessica. Why is she apologizing? For being hurt? Angry? Who am kidding she probably apologized for outing Mike on camera.  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2017 at 5:15 AM, imjagain said:

Yes, to your whole post but,  the part I bolded, really has me thinking.   When they were talking about Jessica's letter to Mike's mom. I heard several times ( at the party in the last episode too) that Jessica apologized. Mike cheated on Jessica. Why is she apologizing? For being hurt? Angry? Who am kidding she probably apologized for outing Mike on camera.  

I'm still impressed/baffled by all that Jessica did in order to be Mike's wife..converting to his religion, learning how to cook Persian food, trying to fit in with his "posse" of friends, then they divorce in less than a year (?). Something doesn't make sense.   IMO

Edited by chenoa333
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm still impressed/baffled by all that Jessica did in order to be Mike's wife..converting to his religion, learning how to cook Persian food, trying to fit in with his "posse" of friends, then they divorce in less than a year (?). Something doesn't make sense.   IMO

He cheated on her the whole time she was converting to HIS religion, learning to cook HIS families dishes and trying to fit into HIS group of friends and kept cheating even after they said "I Do"! That is more than enough for most women to say I'm out of here!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

He cheated on her the whole time she was converting to HIS religion, learning to cook HIS families dishes and trying to fit into HIS group of friends and kept cheating even after they said "I Do"! That is more than enough for most women to say I'm out of here!

What is there to understand? Mike cheated on Jessica the entire time. According to GG, Mike banged GG's sister, Laila, the day he proposed to Jessica.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

What is there to understand? Mike cheated on Jessica the entire time. According to GG, Mike banged GG's sister, Laila, the day he proposed to Jessica.

I think you/I missed Chenoa's point, that she doesn't understand why Mike's mom is mad at Jessica! LOL

Sorry Chenoa!

8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think you/I missed Chenoa's point, that she doesn't understand why Mike's mom is mad at Jessica! LOL

Sorry Chenoa!

No one really understands why Mike's mom is mad at Jessica other than ego, misogyny, and a bit of bigotry because Jessica isn't Persian, which is truly messed up because the fact that Jessica isn't Persian and a woman has never changed.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, ivygirl said:

So the rabbi asks Reza about the values he wants a child to have, and the first thing he comes up with is "reducing your carbon footprint*"? Figures, LOL

* Not knocking being a good global citizen, just laughing that THAT was the first thing that came to Reza's mind. Not kindness, not being a welcoming and open person, not wisdom... carbon footprints. 

I am so over Reza and Adam. I used to wonder what he saw in Reza, but apparently he's as shallow a fame whore as him.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:20 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I really thought GG's ring was fake.  How much do we think that ring cost given the stone is a good quality and maybe it's 3 carats let alone the setting.  It's really unattractive.  What does Shalom do for a living?

To be honest, that jewelry store run by Mike's friend looked barely one step above a man on a street corner selling things hidden under his trenchcoat.

• Love 3