Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Black Out and Get Out

• Start Topic

On 6/7/2017 at 10:29 PM, VagueDisclaimer said:

Agreed. I mean, all these ladies are narcissists, so she's not alone there, but Jill is that tagalong friend who is quietly scheming in the background all the time and scavenging through your garbage at night to collect evidence.

I guess Jill just never bothered me all that much.  She's not someone I would want to have in my life as a friend, but she seems no worse than some of the other women in terms of nastiness/narcissism.  However, I wasn't really following any of the "behind the scenes" stuff back when all that drama when Bethenny went down and Jill was kicked off the show, so I'm prepared to admit I just don't have all of the information.  Also I did think it was Really Weird (TM Ramona) when Jill said she was hoping to see Bethenny at the wedding, like they're old friends who would've had a chance to catch up?  Um, I think Bethenny has pretty unequivocally stated her opinion of Jill.  Publicly.  On numerous occasions.

If you're Tom, and you've already cheated on your fiancee once, even if you're not still cheating it's probably not in the best taste to make a "hall pass" joke. 

Also, if you're Ramona, you probably shouldn't rebuke Bethenny for "kissing another woman" on film, when you yourself made out with another woman in a pool once on this very show.  (Oh yeah.  I remember because Avery called her a "lesbo."  Casual homophobia!  Good times.) 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The sexy salad thing looks like he has oodles of time, no job, not looking for a place to live and has a penchant for expensive camera equipment.  So sexy.  This is fine with Carole I guess but I would get tired of someone underfoot with no other ambition but to photograph lettuce in random places in my apartment.

My lunch today will be a sexy leftover hamburger and brussell sprouts.

The salad was sexy compared to Adam's hair.  WTF did he do to it? Looks like he brushed it with a sticky bun. 

This (Adam's do) may be the very reason Tinsley is worried about finding a place downtown to get her hair blown out.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 14

I cannot believe it, but I think Jill is being successful at working her way back in. When I saw that she got a montage of some of her earlier years in the scene this week, I thought she must have been celebrating big time. Now I see that over on Bravo they have given her the lead on the NY thread, with the headline "our favorite Jill Zarin Moments - we're celebrating the return of Jill". She must be ecstatic. And the ratings were good for the episode as well. My guess is they know that Beth isn't returning, and they are making room for Jill. 

• Love 9

Satan Andy is laying the ground work for bringing Jill back. Money is all for him. Since the ratings were good and the response was positive. I think it is very possible that Jill can come back.

Look I know Jill is notoriously difficult. But the women in the show are coming back to her behavior. They are not amenable like Heather or Kristen or Alex. Luann, Sonja and Ramona have become terrors and really hard to deal with. So Jill won't be so bad. Plus everybody loves a come back. Especially if Bethenny stays on board. You set up two gangs. The Sharks and the Jets. You will have Jill, Luann and Ramona. Then you will have Bethenny, Carole and Tinsley. I think Sonja will bounce from group to group. It definitely sets up that vibe that Satan Andy loves so much.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But, at the same time, I think children of wealthy parents might fall under the radar because people in those circles are lot more likely to keep "ugly" things private. 

Taking my reply to the rooftop bar thread (to avoid forcing a mod to come in and refocus the conversation ; )

• Love 1
(edited)

Can I just say,  I absolutely believe wealthy children can be abused and it is horrible to think of any child suffering at the hands of their parents or anyone. I believe Beth probably suffered horribly.  being raised by her selfish abusive parents  was I'm sure,  a nightmare. 

My point was never to say that only poor children could be abused, my real issue was with Beth,  she likes to act like she  did it all on her own because she was raised by wolves. Beth had opportunities and money  and that helped helpe her as she got older. Did it erase her abuse?  no. It did help her though. So while yes it sucks that she was abused, she had opportunities that others didn't.  I wish she  would acknowledge it.  It's her constant playing the victim that annoys me. 

I would never discount anyone's  suffering, like I said my issue with Beth is that she loves to act as if she didn't have any help in life and that just isn't true. She's luckier than a lot of people.  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 18
17 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Not by all accounts, according to Ramona, their marriage was good until the last few years of the show, where he felt emasculated bc of her success and money. Whether he had a wandering eye or not, it's obvious that she and Mario were able to provide a fairly stable home for their daughter for 18 years. And he stayed with her for almost 20 years, so wandering eye or not, he always went home to Ramona and kept it hidden enough for Ramona not to suspect a thing was wrong until the last few years. If he had a wandering eye before the last few years of the show, it was probably more like one-night stands, etc. than a full-blown affair. His full-blown affair with that other woman is what ultimately made him leave her. 

Bethenny can not keep a relationship. Not with men and not with female friends. When it comes to the men she chooses, she is either a horrible judge of character who doesn't see the signs that this isn't the man she thinks he is, or she brings out the worst in these men, or they are the men she thought they were, but she decides she doesn't want that anymore and quickly finds a new man to replace the old. 

Small defense of Bethenny: 

She's been friends with Terri/Terry now living in Florida since boarding school (I think) who's been on the show a few times and she's been friends with Kyle Richards (RHoBH) since their early 20's.  BUT they don't hang out everyday as they live far from each other so maybe that's the key with her.  IDK.  

• Love 3

She's been friends with Terri/Terry now living in Florida since boarding school (I think) who's been on the show a few times and she's been friends with Kyle Richards (RHoBH) since their early 20's.  BUT they don't hang out everyday as they live far from each other so maybe that's the key with her.  IDK.

She and Carole have been friends since they met.  They posted BFF just a couple of days ago.  And that is someone she sees all the time.  There are about half a dozen male friends that you see year after year as well.  I just think that only a few of her friends are okay with being on tv.  She visit Terri a lot in the winter, like every other weekend.  And in addition Terri is in New York a couple of times a year.  This year they did a couple of girls long weekends together.  One place in Mexico was really awesome.  So there are friends.  Although it might not reach Jill level 'fabulous circle of friends' but there are friends.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

My hunch is Jill is coming back in because Bethanny is leaving to do her flip show with monster face next season.

That'll be enough to run me off! Jill's voice alone would drive me to distraction! Due to her foul mouth, she still hasn't met Brynn after all this time! She fk'd up and Bethenny wrote her totally off! I don't blame her after that scene at Ramona's with Jill playing "hard to get!" 

• Love 6
(edited)

It would be pretty amusing if Jill came back and became popular and Bethenny slunk away. Jill could simply adopt the mode of the nurturing Jewish mother just like her own Mom. She could mother Tinsley and Sonja and be a supportive friend to Luann and Ramona. She can totally turn it around from where she was before. She just has to befriend the crew and she will get a super edit. All she has to do is fake the sincerity. 

Because once you can fake sincerity you got it made.

Edited by Trooper York
Because Jill can certainly fake sincerity since Bethenny fakes her humanity.
  • Love 15
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

It would be pretty amusing if Jill came back and became popular and Bethenny slunk away. Jill could simply adopt the mode of the nurturing Jewish mother just like her own Mom. She could mother Tinsley and Sonja and be a supportive friend to Luann and Ramona. She can totally turn it around from where she was before. She just has to befriend the crew and she will get a super edit. All she has to do is fake the sincerity. 

Yep.  All she has to do is throw around a few (seemingly) disarming confessionals + drop a few funny one liners and....scene!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
(edited)

It would be so easy to come off as a caring loving friend. I can totally see a white bread piece of fluff like Tinsley being seduced by some smaltz and a bowl of matzo ball soup.

Hell if Bethenny is gone I can see Remora Radziwill attaching herself to Jill's keister. Now instead of cats and vegetable boy she will have a little yappy dog and a boyfriend who slices deli meat at Katz's delicatessen. Oy my yiddisher pickel!

Edited by Trooper York
Because nothing is sexier than a brisket.
  • Love 4
On 6/8/2017 at 11:30 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

One could go back about 3 seasons and read very similar comments. The year she was throwing oars at Kristen, bitching about having to vacation in the Berkshire's, and having an A/C unit delivered to Heather's house. Then there was her complete meltdown in the kitchen over breakfast the next morning, and her fast getaway when she called her friend for a plane because she couldn't take the fact that the others thought she was wrong for her behavior. The gals sat her down and did a little intervention that season after that because she was so out of control. The comments back then were so similar to those now. What on earth is wrong with her? She has always been looney, but she is even more so than ever before. Folks were shocked at her behavior that season which surprised me because she was just Ramona being the Ramona she has always been. A truly horrible human being all the way to her core. This season she just seems pretty much the same to me. 

Long time lurker here! The season you are referencing was the first season I watched, and I could. not. stand Ramona. I couldn't understand how anyone could see any redeeming qualities in her. Then I went back and watched some choice episodes from previous seasons, including the one where she and Luann have a tennis match, and I found no reason to change my mind. The last couple of seasons, there have been a few instances where she was [mildly] amusing or [marginally] kind or [somewhat] coherent. But now - she has reverted to mean, and is just batshit crazy.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, epc said:

Long time lurker here! The season you are referencing was the first season I watched, and I could. not. stand Ramona. I couldn't understand how anyone could see any redeeming qualities in her. Then I went back and watched some choice episodes from previous seasons, including the one where she and Luann have a tennis match, and I found no reason to change my mind. The last couple of seasons, there have been a few instances where she was [mildly] amusing or [marginally] kind or [somewhat] coherent. But now - she has reverted to mean, and is just batshit crazy.

Welcome! My favorite thing is when long=time lurkers get into the game. 

• Love 13

Tom had a 'groupon' coupon for the helicopter ride.

Why do I get the feeling that if the ramonster ever gets a high, hard one, she'll be left speechless and that way we will be spared the details of her encounter?

I just thought of something - this is a Ramona-centric idea for a show!

I would LOVE to see her do a dating show - have the cameras follow her around for the evening - and offer the men prizes if they can get past the second date?

Somewhere in the Caribbean, a Pirate watches the show with a wan smile and a few memories of plundered booty that special evening, so long ago......

Dorinda would make a get Martha Stewart-style show. "Making it Nice" with Dorinda. She can fix a different drink at the start of every show and pound them down as she goes along. She can have different segments like, packaging cakes, guest etiquette, give home improvement tips like removing lighting fixtures and chimney sweeping? Save her guests for the last 20 minutes of the program, when she is good and hammered.

I got nothing for Carole. Absolutely nothing.

People have remarked that Sonja has had moments of brilliance lately - then she steals Do's underwear. Seriously? That was past the point of being creepy, that was an all-out assault on Do's hospitality and good nature. I might be able to process borrowing a tee and a pair of sweats, but someone's fucking underwear?

Ah, lulu.....I always have thought getting married on a holiday was really stupid. Should the marriage go awry, you have a ruined a perfectly good day? We'll know about season 15 if she is still 'happily ever after'?

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

She and Carole have been friends since they met.  They posted BFF just a couple of days ago.  And that is someone she sees all the time.  There are about half a dozen male friends that you see year after year as well.  I just think that only a few of her friends are okay with being on tv.  She visit Terri a lot in the winter, like every other weekend.  And in addition Terri is in New York a couple of times a year.  This year they did a couple of girls long weekends together.  One place in Mexico was really awesome.  So there are friends.  Although it might not reach Jill level 'fabulous circle of friends' but there are friends.

I remember when Bethenny had her own series that at least once, but I think it was more than once, that she met up with several girlfriends that she has been friends with since high school (IIRC). Certainly no one should be judging someone's ability to hold friendships based on what amounts to co worker relationships on this show. My BFF of 19 years is a former co worker. Other co workers from that workplace I also keep in touch with. Others I don't give the time of day to. Luckily for me I didn't have a camera following me around filming my interactions with them, as it would have been very obvious that I though several of them were a waste of space. 

I love Carole and Bethenny's relationship. It is obvious that it is very real. Others have certainly blown hot and cold. Dorinda had no use for Sonja all last season, but this year didn't blink an eye on camera when Sonja wore her deceased husband's gift to her. Ramona and Sonja are continually off and on. There are very few combinations of women on this show that I think would be friends if they weren't co workers filming together for several months a year.  

Regarding Carole keeping her deceased husband's last name, I don't know any widows who have reverted back to their maiden name after their husband's passing. I don't even know that many divorced women who have done that, especially if they have children with the same last name. Personally I never changed my name when I got married so it isn't something I will have to consider. But then I didn't marry into a famous family, or royalty. He's just a prince of a man to me. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 15
On 6/8/2017 at 4:00 AM, lunastartron said:

"I have never in my life been spoken to the way she spoke to me."

Huh? I thought Bethenny's life has been a saga of ongoing victimization by one intimate after another. First through the physical violence and emotional/mental abuse of her parental figures. Then via the psychological sadism of Jason and his mom. And, just last year, at the proverbial hands of Jules's hair.

Now, suddenly, the worst thing that's ever been said to her are the ramblings of a drunken coworker? Which, to emphasize the point, didn't even include any of the epithets, bigotry, and racist undertones that Bethenny herself has deployed over the past couple of years.

Another example of Bethenny's exaggeration. She is full of shit.

• Love 12

I have broken the rewind button on the remote watching Beth react and not react to Ramona.  I also would pay for an extended scene - no, make it a Fanny and Alexander-length movie, please - of Bethenny's amused reactions to the increasingly bugged-out, desperate Ramona.  Oh my.  More, please!  More, more, more!  Beth's imitation of Ramona's dry-eyed sobbing over poor tragic Mario's escape to freedom...MORE!  I NEED to see it.  I need to see a parade of women laughing and pointing at Ramona.  Like the shower scene in Carrie, only, you know, merited and awesome.   You wanna sell a line of horseshit about how you tried to save this man from non-marital opposite sex genitalia after sneering at other people's marital troubles?  Get bent, ya bitch.

I liked Carole a lot this episode, and Tinsley and Dorinda.  Goddamn, do I hate Sonja.  She's such a bad person!   To parade and preen in fancy pjs/lingerie belonging to her hostess; to rifle through closets and drawers and take with the perspective of pure entitlement - I HATE HER.  I have NEVER thought she was anything but a user.  It's maddening that Lu gets the brunt of the shaming because Sonja was literally fired from her job for hitting on the married clientele in her pre-Morgan days.  She's horrible to Tinsley.  She's horrible to all women.   I'm without words to express how wrong the pajama stunt is AFAIC.  It's, I don't know, cruel. The smirking while wearing them- it's so clearly LOOK HOW MUCH CUTER I AM!  That she likely didn't know the provenance just doesn't matter - it became irrelevant the second she started pawing through Do's stuff.  

Sonja is no fucking different than one of those sociopaths in The Bling Ring.  Except older.  Way, way older.  

• Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, imjagain said:

Can I just say,  I absolutely believe wealthy children can be abused 

I never thought you were saying differently, Imjagain (and I don't know how the idea even entered this thread -- especially given several of us have experience with all sorts of dark, complicated shit - hopefully your post will lay it to rest).

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Another example of Bethenny's exaggeration. She is full of shit.

Well, yes -- there IS that ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

I cannot believe it, but I think Jill is being successful at working her way back in. When I saw that she got a montage of some of her earlier years in the scene this week, I thought she must have been celebrating big time. Now I see that over on Bravo they have given her the lead on the NY thread, with the headline "our favorite Jill Zarin Moments - we're celebrating the return of Jill". She must be ecstatic. And the ratings were good for the episode as well. My guess is they know that Beth isn't returning, and they are making room for Jill. 

They're also heavily promoting her upcoming appearance on WWHL with Luann on June 14th. Say what you want about Andy, but he'll set aside grudges for high ratings.

• Love 7
On 6/8/2017 at 10:30 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

It is funny though, reading the comments about Ramona this season. One could go back about 3 seasons and read very similar comments. The year she was throwing oars at Kristen, bitching about having to vacation in the Berkshire's, and having an A/C unit delivered to Heather's house. Then there was her complete meltdown in the kitchen over breakfast the next morning, and her fast getaway when she called her friend for a plane because she couldn't take the fact that the others thought she was wrong for her behavior. The gals sat her down and did a little intervention that season after that because she was so out of control. The comments back then were so similar to those now. What on earth is wrong with her? She has always been looney, but she is even more so than ever before. Folks were shocked at her behavior that season which surprised me because she was just Ramona being the Ramona she has always been. A truly horrible human being all the way to her core. This season she just seems pretty much the same to me. 

My armchair psychologist viewpoint: Ramona is fundamentally messed up. She had an abusive childhood that she has never dealt with. She moved to the city and got some positive attention for her looks, which made her feel better about herself but really isn't a path to substantive feelings of self-worth. And then she married Mario and made a life. All the while, the pain and hurt that she never resolved was lurking underneath. When Mario left her, that blew the lid off everything. She wasn't just hurt by his betrayal; it also stripped away the veneer of "I'm okay, I'm okay, everything is okay, my life is great" that has been papering over her severe issues for decades. She's been in a major spiral ever since. I thought it was nakedly on display in this episode -- she can't keep her shit together. She doesn't even want to keep her shit together. She's been on tilt all season, careening around from one cackling extreme to another, looking for an outlet for her rage and despair.

She's my number one housewife that I couldn't stand to be in a room with for 10 minutes (tied with OC Vicky -- I think they're really similar). I find her truly toxic. But I do also feel sorry for her. If she had ever gotten some therapy she might be a functioning human being right now instead of this mess.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I would be happy if Jill came back. I prefer her to Bethenny. Bethenny is on Million Dollar Listing NY now

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Eliz said:

My armchair psychologist viewpoint: Ramona is fundamentally messed up. She had an abusive childhood that she has never dealt with. She moved to the city and got some positive attention for her looks, which made her feel better about herself but really isn't a path to substantive feelings of self-worth. And then she married Mario and made a life. All the while, the pain and hurt that she never resolved was lurking underneath. When Mario left her, that blew the lid off everything. She wasn't just hurt by his betrayal; it also stripped away the veneer of "I'm okay, I'm okay, everything is okay, my life is great" that has been papering over her severe issues for decades. She's been in a major spiral ever since. I thought it was nakedly on display in this episode -- she can't keep her shit together. She doesn't even want to keep her shit together. She's been on tilt all season, careening around from one cackling extreme to another, looking for an outlet for her rage and despair.

She's my number one housewife that I couldn't stand to be in a room with for 10 minutes (tied with OC Vicky -- I think they're really similar). I find her truly toxic. But I do also feel sorry for her. If she had ever gotten some therapy she might be a functioning human being right now instead of this mess.

I suspect that Luann's engagement/upcoming wedding was the final crack in her armor. Ramona really thought she would be the next to marry, not Luann.

• Love 6
(edited)

Excellent post, Eliz. 

1 hour ago, Eliz said:

she can't keep her shit together. She doesn't even want to keep her shit together. 

I agree. She used to create chaos as a side effect of trying to get or do or communicate something -- however 'off' those attempts ended up playing out -- but now chaos is her whole reason for being. Ramona, spiller of gravy and destroyer of guest room walls.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, film noire said:

Ramona, spiller of gravy and destroyer of guest room walls.

Ha, sounds like the Apologizer family motto is really coming together.

• Love 5
On 6/8/2017 at 7:29 PM, zoeysmom said:

Oh FFS Ramona and Jill have made up again:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/ramona-singer-jill-zarin-have-made-up-friends-again  Why?  Last week Jill could not stand Ramona.  Slippery slope to let Ramona back in.

Well...this may be the break that Jill has been looking for.  I really wouldn't be surprised to see Jill back next season (even as a "friend of").  

Jill is no fool - she knows she will have to make nice with as many current housewives as possible to garner favor from Andy.  

I think Andy would seriously consider having Jill back, if, for no other reason than to sit back and watch Bethenny rip into Jill every which way possible.

• Love 4

No question Ramona was wrong. She was drunk AND nuts. Lethal combo. But as far as B goes, I have to be honest and say that she is not a woman I feel much empathy for. Bethenny has yelled, acted out, insulted just about all the other women (and some men as well). This business of "I'm going home" when someone lets her have it doesn't work. Seems that the one with the most bravado can't take what she dishes out. Did she have a hard time growing up? Maybe so. Does that give her a pass for her behavior? No freaking way. Many of us have had a hard time and many of us have NOT been as successful financially even though we are satisfied with the work we do and the home life we lead. She is wealthy, can do whatever she wants. She can give her daughter whatever her heart desires. She has multiple homes. She says she is in love. So why the HELL is she so miserable? I think what I see is a haughtiness that is not a good look. If I had a successful business that generated as much money as B has, I would be so freaking happy that I could give my kid whatever she needs, that I had the freedom to choose whatever I wanted to do without having to worry or stress over it. It's enough already. Get a different therapist. Take some meds and work on yourself.   Ramona is nuts but Bethenny, at her core, just isn't a nice person. The money has made her a real bitch.  And this is coming from someone who used to enjoy her sarcastic humor. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Mariareads said:

No question Ramona was wrong. She was drunk AND nuts. Lethal combo. But as far as B goes, I have to be honest and say that she is not a woman I feel much empathy for. Bethenny has yelled, acted out, insulted just about all the other women (and some men as well). This business of "I'm going home" when someone lets her have it doesn't work. Seems that the one with the most bravado can't take what she dishes out. Did she have a hard time growing up? Maybe so. Does that give her a pass for her behavior? No freaking way. Many of us have had a hard time and many of us have NOT been as successful financially even though we are satisfied with the work we do and the home life we lead. She is wealthy, can do whatever she wants. She can give her daughter whatever her heart desires. She has multiple homes. She says she is in love. So why the HELL is she so miserable? I think what I see is a haughtiness that is not a good look. If I had a successful business that generated as much money as B has, I would be so freaking happy that I could give my kid whatever she needs, that I had the freedom to choose whatever I wanted to do without having to worry or stress over it. It's enough already. Get a different therapist. Take some meds and work on yourself.   Ramona is nuts but Bethenny, at her core, just isn't a nice person. The money has made her a real bitch.  And this is coming from someone who used to enjoy her sarcastic humor. 

Money can't buy you "class" or "happiness" it seems! Lu's tried her best, but it ain't workin'! She just looks desperately pathetic and deserves someone like TOM!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can anyone tell me: have housewives returned in the other cities? 

Nene returned to Atlanta I believe. Dina & Jacqueline returned to New Jersey. I read that Lydia is returning to OC. I feel like there may have been more?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Apricotte said:

Nene returned to Atlanta I believe. Dina & Jacqueline returned to New Jersey. I read that Lydia is returning to OC. I feel like there may have been more?

Sheree. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I believe Camille is rumored to be coming back full time to RHOBH,  Gretchen is coming back to OC.  Nene and Kim Z. RHOA.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Tom had a 'groupon' coupon for the helicopter ride.

Why do I get the feeling that if the ramonster ever gets a high, hard one, she'll be left speechless and that way we will be spared the details of her encounter?

I just thought of something - this is a Ramona-centric idea for a show!

I would LOVE to see her do a dating show - have the cameras follow her around for the evening - and offer the men prizes if they can get past the second date?

Somewhere in the Caribbean, a Pirate watches the show with a wan smile and a few memories of plundered booty that special evening, so long ago......

Dorinda would make a get Martha Stewart-style show. "Making it Nice" with Dorinda. She can fix a different drink at the start of every show and pound them down as she goes along. She can have different segments like, packaging cakes, guest etiquette, give home improvement tips like removing lighting fixtures and chimney sweeping? Save her guests for the last 20 minutes of the program, when she is good and hammered.

I got nothing for Carole. Absolutely nothing.

People have remarked that Sonja has had moments of brilliance lately - then she steals Do's underwear. Seriously? That was past the point of being creepy, that was an all-out assault on Do's hospitality and good nature. I might be able to process borrowing a tee and a pair of sweats, but someone's fucking underwear?

Ah, lulu.....I always have thought getting married on a holiday was really stupid. Should the marriage go awry, you have a ruined a perfectly good day? We'll know about season 15 if she is still 'happily ever after'?

GOLD.  Pure gold. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lydia is coming back to OC.  She is listed as a cast member and we see her in the previews.  I have no idea about Gretchen.  Jacqueline came back to NJ as well as Dina. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, rhys said:

Hunted, thank you for your post about the "oh Jesus" comment. I, too, found it more of "oh, no you backslid? That's awful."

Apropos of not much, I've been curious as to why Carole & Tinsley use their married names. I'm guessing those names have/had some juice.

Well, Carole is widowed, not divorced.  I have never known a widow to change their last name nor be expected to. I know a lot of divorcees who keep their last name too (some because of kids and others just because it is a pain to change it). 

13 hours ago, robroy said:

She is probably still the wealthiest NY housewife even if it is via marriage. I think she craves fame and hass a painful need for attention but she does not need the others to bring an illusion of wealth.  

If you go by the internet, she isn't.  Radzi is apparently worth around $50 million (most from her marriage). They have Zarin at $35 million, Bethenny and Dorinda are at $25 million (but I would expect Bethenny's will continue to increase with her new tv deals). 

9 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Time for Ramona to go!!!

She would  be stupid.

Bravo will fix the damage.

No way did Dorinda clean up that mess.  She has help.

To me, the thing isn't the work that is going to have to be done and who is going to pay for it.  It shows a fundamental lack of respect for not only Blue Stone Manor but also Dorinda.  Dorinda adores that house.  She dreamed of owning it as a kid and Richard bought it for her. That house has significant emotional meaning for her. Ramona (and really Sonja) just crapped all over that. 

8 hours ago, QuinnM said:

There is no custom for a widow to return to her maiden name.  I wouldn't expect that.  If you choose to take your husband's name at the time of the marriage then I can see returning if you divorce. 

I'm incensed that people not only are wondering why she didn't change her name but also suggesting it is because of the social power behind the Radziwill name. I have never heard of an expectation that widows change their names after their husbands die. She didn't choose to no longer be married. 

• Love 13
On 6/8/2017 at 4:06 AM, Avon.Blakes7 said:

SO WHAT? It's still total deflection by an old woman who doesn't take responsibility for her own foul mouth! She's done! Bethanny has written her off; I WOULD!

I'm no Ramona fan,   no need to go off on me.  Real friends tell each other that kind of thing teasingly,  it's no big deal,  WAS MY POINT. (I yell,  because that's what all caps is. Crazy. 

On 6/8/2017 at 5:07 AM, LIMOM said:

I wish the 

And why would Dorinda get upset about the damages?

I am sure that a smart woman like her negociated not only a great Location allowance but also an accidents clause.

Because a "friend" tore up her home and neither apologized or even acknowledged it. It's one thing for normal wear and tear. That's destruction. Ramona is unhinged and clearly a crap friend to everyone. 

• Love 7
On 2017-6-7 at 7:30 PM, mbaywife123 said:

What the hell, Ramona tore down lights and did damage to Dorinda's house.

NEVER invite that crazy bitch to ANYTHING again!

Crap! Now I have to shut this down and watch the episode!

Later.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I remember when Bethenny had her own series that at least once, but I think it was more than once, that she met up with several girlfriends that she has been friends with since high school (IIRC). Certainly no one should be judging someone's ability to hold friendships based on what amounts to co worker relationships on this show. My BFF of 19 years is a former co worker. Other co workers from that workplace I also keep in touch with. Others I don't give the time of day to. Luckily for me I didn't have a camera following me around filming my interactions with them, as it would have been very obvious that I though several of them were a waste of space. 

I love Carole and Bethenny's relationship. It is obvious that it is very real. Others have certainly blown hot and cold. Dorinda had no use for Sonja all last season, but this year didn't blink an eye on camera when Sonja wore her deceased husband's gift to her. Ramona and Sonja are continually off and on. There are very few combinations of women on this show that I think would be friends if they weren't co workers filming together for several months a year.  

Regarding Carole keeping her deceased husband's last name, I don't know any widows who have reverted back to their maiden name after their husband's passing. I don't even know that many divorced women who have done that, especially if they have children with the same last name. Personally I never changed my name when I got married so it isn't something I will have to consider. But then I didn't marry into a famous family, or royalty. He's just a prince of a man to me. 

No.  Sounds said in her talking heads that she barely kept it together when Sonja put on her pajamas from her late husband. That she was channeling her inner hostess.  I'm surprised Sonja didn't rip them.  They were too tight. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Eliz said:

It is funny though, reading the comments about Ramona this season. One could go back about 3 seasons and read very similar comments. The year she was throwing oars at Kristen, bitching about having to vacation in the Berkshire's, and having an A/C unit delivered to Heather's house. Then there was her complete meltdown in the kitchen over breakfast the next morning, and her fast getaway when she called her friend for a plane because she couldn't take the fact that the others thought she was wrong for her behavior. The gals sat her down and did a little intervention that season after that because she was so out of control. The comments back then were so similar to those now. What on earth is wrong with her? She has always been looney, but she is even more so than ever before. Folks were shocked at her behavior that season which surprised me because she was just Ramona being the Ramona she has always been. A truly horrible human being all the way to her core. This season she just seems pretty much the same to me. 

7 hours ago, Eliz said:

That's the season when Mario was publicly cheating on Ramona with Kasey. I think we all knew that her marriage meant a lot to her, but in hindsight it's clear that she derived a great deal of her self-worth from it. She was always crazy and terrible, but the loss of Mario as her lodestar spun her out in crazy directions and she hasn't been right since then.

7 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Goddamn, do I hate Sonja.  She's such a bad person!   To parade and preen in fancy pjs/lingerie belonging to her hostess; to rifle through closets and drawers and take with the perspective of pure entitlement - I HATE HER.  I have NEVER thought she was anything but a user.  It's maddening that Lu gets the brunt of the shaming because Sonja was literally fired from her job for hitting on the married clientele in her pre-Morgan days.  She's horrible to Tinsley.  She's horrible to all women.   I'm without words to express how wrong the pajama stunt is AFAIC.  It's, I don't know, cruel. The smirking while wearing them- it's so clearly LOOK HOW MUCH CUTER I AM!  That she likely didn't know the provenance just doesn't matter - it became irrelevant the second she started pawing through Do's stuff.  

Sonja is no fucking different than one of those sociopaths in The Bling Ring.  Except older.  Way, way older.  

At least once a season Sonja does something to remind you that she is completely awful.

http://hamricklaw.com/news-media/articles/it-takes-courage-strength-the-power-conviction-of-one-voice-to-right-a-wrong/#

Never forget!!!!!

2 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

If you go by the internet, she isn't.  Radzi is apparently worth around $50 million (most from her marriage). They have Zarin at $35 million, Bethenny and Dorinda are at $25 million (but I would expect Bethenny's will continue to increase with her new tv deals). 

Carole is not remotely worth that amount. Anthony's father died famously in debt--$30,000,000 in debt mostly because of Lee's spending. At some point because Lee was not paying attention to her children, Jackie created trust funds for Anthony and Christina. The money (it was actually a chair) that Anthony and Carole got to buy their apartment came from Jackie. Jackie's will specifically said that she had money for Anthony and Christina, but nothing for Lee because Jackie had been giving Lee an allowance for decades. The only family money Carole has came from Jackie and I don't think it was more than a million and any pension, 401K, or life insurance that Anthony may have had.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 6/8/2017 at 6:07 AM, LIMOM said:

I wish the schedule would go back to filming this franchise in the summertime. 

It used to be so much fun to see the Hamptons with all the events there...

As far as Dorinda's house, it looks great for a large Tudor, imo.

And why would Dorinda get upset about the damages?

I am sure that a smart woman like her negociated not only a great Location allowance but also an accidents clause.

Range Rover, please stop pushing your damned cars, they are totally played out.

People have moved on already....

I agree with all of this, especially the Range Rover comment.  Those cars are a piece of junk, ime.

I am totally on Bethenny's side here.  Ramona was a drunken cow.  Avery must be so proud, and Mario is somewhere thanking the universe he is rid of her.

Andy, please say NO to Jill.  

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Dunno about Tinsley, but Carole's MIL Lee Radziwill is still legendary in society circles as the fashionable sister of the late Jackie Kennedy Onassis, the widowed First Lady of the USA and also widow(ex wife?) of probably one of the worlds richest men at the time. 

Carole's family's name is (IIRC) of Italian derivation and I imagine she hasn't used it since she was married to co-worker Anthony Radziwill (may he RIP), who would've been a prince if Poland were still a monarchy.

TL;DR -- it has a LOT more cachet than her family's name.

Out of curiosity, if you were a widow and didn't really marry would you change your name? There's plenty to dislike about Carole I'd you look,  but this isn't it. 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Out of curiosity, if you were a widow and didn't really marry would you change your name? There's plenty to dislike about Carole I'd you look,  but this isn't it. 

Yeah I don't like Carole but keeping her married name seems normal. Dorinda also keeps the name of her second husband.

• Love 10

Add me to the list of folks who have never heard of a widow changing her name. In my experience, divorced women don't much either, unless they remarry. My mom kept her married name even after the divorce and even when my father remarried a bunch of times. She wanted to have the same last name as her kids. Also, in my family it has been custom for generations for the women to adopt their given last name as their middle name when they marry, so we all keep that part of us even after marriage. Strange to some, but we love this tradition. 

• Love 11

I pointed out the exact same thing last week.  Of course you can be wealthy and be in an absolutely horrible situation, especially as a child.  But if I had to pick between two evils, I sure as hell would pick that over the same exact horrible situation while being poor.  The only people who say money doesn't matter are rich people.  Period end of story.

Nah, not end of story. Saying someone's pain doesn't count because someone else's pain was worse or whatever doesn't work. Some people grew up happy whether they are rich or poor, some people grew up miserable whether they are rich or poor.

If we're going to pooh pooh someone's experiences because we feel that they have no grounds to complain, then 't every time someone here posts a sad story about their lives it be met with a "Quit whining, at least you aren't in Syria or Iraq..."

I find the fact that she thinks she's beautiful and being willing to say it loud and proud to be inspiring!  You go, girl!

Seriously. There are many things in life that are abhorrent. That was not one of them.

If B had gone on all networks, wore a hair shirt, and announced her apology. People would still say she didn't apologize.  Lu has said and done plenty of bad things to B.  She even kept B away from Jill when B when to try to make amends with Jill.  Also items have been posted about the Countess being fall down drunk, all over men.  We saw her behavior in St Barths.  To me, B was just calling out LuAnn's hypocracy.  Her saying she regretted saying it, was her way to apologize .

Amen.

I'm confused. What is the criticism?  That she had a mic pack attached to her bra? That's the easiest place to attach it. You can also have a strap that goes around your waist to attach it to but it chafes and is uncomfortable. Attaching it to your bra usually stretches out the bra but that bra didn't seem to fit that well anyways. 

Was she eating crackers while that scene was filmed? lol

• Love 12
(edited)

If we are just talking full time HWs:

New Jersey - Dina came back for a season, and there are rumors Danielle will be back next season.

Atlanta - Sheree came back, first as a Friend of, then as a full time HW. And there is talk both Nene and Kim will be back in some capacity next season.

OC - Lydia is coming back next season.

Luann, Porsha (from Atlanta), and Jacqueline (from New Jersey) are 3 different cases, as they were downgraded from full time HW to Friend of, then came back as a full time HW without missing a season.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4