Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Double Trouble

• Start Topic

Capt. Sandy grows frustrated with the crew; Bobby springs into action using his firefighter and EMT skills; Lauren questions her future on the boat; guests argue with each other; Malia lands in the middle of a love triangle during a wild night out.

3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I think he's creepy plus hot as hell. Lol 

He is hot, yes.  And I loved him until he puts out this stalker vibe and then basically cornered Malia and started kissing her.  

• Love 5

Both guys looked like they were forcing Malia to kiss them. 

1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

Lauren is exhausting.

Truer words have never been spoken or written. She is such an attention seeking teenager. 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It almost looked as though he was forcing her to kiss him. To me Malia loses points for kissing both guys in the space of an hour or so. 

That's what I thought too!  That creeped me out.  And it also creeped me out the way he seems to talk about her constantly to the other stews.  There's a reason he's probably single.  

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It almost looked as though he was forcing her to kiss him. To me Malia loses points for kissing both guys in the space of an hour or so. 

She's young and single and if she wants to kiss two guys go ahead. But I'm not sure she wanted to kiss Adam. He came off kinda rapey.

• Love 5

I am going to bed dreaming of that light citrus cake.  What did Adam say the four layers were?  Orange, grapefruit, lime and lemon?  And a lovely white frosting, not heavy chocolate.  I bet it wasn't too sweet and had a nice tart/tang to it.  I wish I wasn't too lazy to spend half a day baking four cakes and assembling them into one glorious cake.

• Love 12

Jesus Adam! Take it down a notch. Why is every chef on these boats a pill?

None of them felt they needed to communicate.

Its like Enough already

Rant over. Thanks for letting me vent

• Love 1

Adam calling Hannah a shit stirrer is the pot calling the kettle black.  He spent plenty of time trying to stir things up with Hannah and Bugs.  

Malia gets a pass for kissing both guys...she'd been drinking and with Adam at least she seemed a bit cornered.  

Nothing however; is more funny than listening to Bobby blame Hannah/Lauren for Malia not being interested in him.  Of course now we get to look forward to him slut shaming Malia.  He is truly an ass.

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

Adam calling Hannah a shit stirrer is the pot calling the kettle black.  He spent plenty of time trying to stir things up with Hannah and Bugs.  

Malia gets a pass for kissing both guys...she'd been drinking and with Adam at least she seemed a bit cornered.  

Nothing however; is more funny than listening to Bobby blame Hannah/Lauren for Malia not being interested in him.  Of course now we get to look forward to him slut shaming Malia.  He is truly an ass.

Adam is stirring shit with Lauren too. From a service and tip standpoint, it's probably not the best idea to have Lauren serve all of those people. But if Hannah wants to run her department that way, she gets to run her department that way. I want all of the future guests to have nonsense food requests so that it keeps Adam from being a troublemaker and nebby.

I don't think Bobby has any clue of how much of a misogynist he is. In his apology to Hannah he still managed to blame her because Hannah didn't emphatically point out that Lauren was lying. I know he's going to start laying into Malia. It's going to be ugly and gross.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

The anchor saga continues.  What was it?  Nine and half hours?  That's pretty intense.  I'm still trying to figure out if they put down a bow anchor, had the motors running or were just drifting during the whole.  Sorry, I'm a boater and wonder these things.  And no...you never want to allow the line to fall into the water.  Team Capt. Sandy on that. 

Bobby...you're just 'not all that' to question in a TH that people are sabotaging you in the hook up department.

Yeah, Adam was getting a little weird about the competition with Wes for Malia.

Lauren is just immature.  You unexpectedly got eighteen people to serve?  You wake up your chief stew.  However, I do get her being upset about some of the things said last episode.  Thank you Bobby the asshole.

That one male guest...was his the primary?  He got all sorts of pissy.

• Love 3

I only half-watch this show.  Why was Lauren apologizing and hugging Bobby?  Ick.  Not necessary.  (Unless I missed something.  He will use it to raise his status.)

1. Is any one else sick and tired of Bobby talking about going into EMT/fire fighter mode? We get it now shut up ya tool 

2. Am I the only one who doesn't get the Malia hype? Sure she's very pretty but she's dime a dozen pretty , Lauren imo is much prettier 

3. Adam comes off a little rapey and desperate

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

The producers of the show have a twitter account at @51Minds  I wish more people would spread the message about why they don't want Bobby on the show again and why things like what Adam is doing is just not acceptable.

I quickly looked through their Twitter and I didn't see where they were dishing anything on Bobby or Adam.  Just your standard promo stuff. 

5 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

I quickly looked through their Twitter and I didn't see where they were dishing anything on Bobby or Adam.  Just your standard promo stuff. 

I think Eater of Worlds was saying that we should tweet @51Minds about why we don't like some of stuff Bobby and Adam are doing, not that the producers are spilling some tea about Bobby.

• Love 1
Just now, HunterHunted said:

I think Eater of Worlds was saying that we should tweet @51Minds about why we don't like some of stuff Bobby and Adam are doing, not that the producers are spilling some tea about Bobby.

Ah, ok.  It is morning on my side of the world so I'm still waiting for the caffeine to hit.  LOL. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

That one male guest...was his the primary?  He got all sorts of pissy.

No, the primary was the guy with the black hair that was having the tip discussion with the pissy bald guest.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

If I didn't loathe Bobby so much, I might be entertained by his inability to read a room. I did enjoy the juxtaposition of Malia kissing all eligible men on the boat, except for Bobby. Meanwhile, he's babbling nonstop about her in his TH.

Lauren's meltdown was so annoying. She makes $1000/day pouring drinks and doing laundry. I do that every Sunday and no one gives me so much as a high five. I'm clearly not a fan, but I also have no idea why she owed Bobby an apology. If anything, he should apologize to the entire deck crew for being a raging dickhole and grade A narcissist.

I've had mixed feelings about Bugsy (who goes by Bugsy professionally anyway?). She came across super annoying but she's rather inoffensive. I did find it funny that she was under the impression Hannah gave her the task of managing Lauren. I thought she was allowed to delegate during the limited time Hannah is MIA (on break, or land, etc). She seems like someone who would be difficult to work for, and also difficult to employ. 

These guests were very weird. They were on the boat for about 15 hours and managed to bring on a dozen strays. I wonder if they got the shaft because of the anchor mishap? Also, why are they talking about chipping $200 in for a tip in front of the stew. I know she's pretentious, but I'm with Hannah. If $10K will break the bank, you have no business chartering a yacht. Maybe try a dinner cruise?

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, rho said:

If I didn't loathe Bobby so much, I might be entertained by his inability to read a room. I did enjoy the juxtaposition of Malia kissing all eligible men on the boat, except for Bobby. Meanwhile, he's babbling nonstop about her in his TH.

I did enjoy the scenes of him playing his guitar like a lonely, misunderstood cowboy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hannah is certainly be called out by Adam.  I get the impression Hannah enjoys a lot of breaks.  I can't believe she asked Bugsy to whip Lauren into shape and then proceeded to intercede citing she needs to be the one communicating with her staff.  Lauren should just resign herself to being the laundress. 

Bobby needs to realize when he is doing his confessionals production uses his words to make him look like a tool.  He can have an unexpressed thought. 

Captain Sandy continues to impress.  What an upbeat attitude on a ship of fools.

I could do with less partying on the part of the crew.  Same thing every week.  Go out get drunk, lather rinse repeat.

• Love 5

It's the next morning and I'm still trying to figure out why the entire crew hates Lauren.

Is she annoying at times? Sure.  But what exactly did she do to Wes, Adam, the blonde guy and Malia?

They talk shit as soon as she's out of the room but not so far away she can't hear what they are saying so she comes back and tells them she can hear what they're saying about her.  

Jr. High school on a boat.

I can't decide if up until this episode, Malia was getting the good edit or if all the male attention is making her think her poo don't stink. 

Either way, Lauren calling her out in the previews for playing 2 guys who share a tiny space is spot on.

The Scirocco is a floating powder keg of testosterone.  Malia is the match.  Someone is probably going to lose their job due to lust.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think Bobby has any clue of how much of a misogynist he is. In his apology to Hannah he still managed to blame her because Hannah didn't emphatically point out that Lauren was lying. I know he's going to start laying into Malia. It's going to be ugly and gross.

Also, Bobby has no game.   The shots of him talking to Malia at the table were hilarious.  

• Love 8

I'm curious as to why Capt Sandy never got to the bottom of who was on watch while the anchors got twisted up (the ship had to take a spin...no one noticed?). I distinctly remember hearing the alarms sound and nobody being on the bridge. Wasn't it Lauren's watch but she got called out to go serve the guests? Isn't there some protocol that states that if you have to leave anchor watch that you radio another crew member or the Bosun to come take over? It just felt like a loose end that I would have liked to see cleared up. 

How much longer is Captain Sandy going to have patience with this crew? 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm curious as to why Capt Sandy never got to the bottom of who was on watch while the anchors got twisted up (the ship had to take a spin...no one noticed?). I distinctly remember hearing the alarms sound and nobody being on the bridge. Wasn't it Lauren's watch but she got called out to go serve the guests? Isn't there some protocol that states that if you have to leave anchor watch that you radio another crew member or the Bosun to come take over? It just felt like a loose end that I would have liked to see cleared up. 

Haven't watched this week's episode, but I thought it was Malia who was on watch.  Hannah asked her to help serve the guests because Lauren was in the laundry room crying.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

Haven't watched this week's episode, but I thought it was Malia who was on watch.  Hannah asked her to help serve the guests because Lauren was in the laundry room crying.

Captain Sandy has addressed the anchor situation on Twitter-she has said it was no one's fault. 

So it sounds as if there was no one to blame.  Sandy did a good job of making the crew work through it and saved the season.

• Love 17

Lauren: "I was a mean girl cheerleader in highschool. "G-O, Goooo Bitches!"  I decided not to be a bitch but now I feel like a floor mat. I don't like being a floor mat but I like bitching about being one. It's hard trying to be nice and my inner bitch is seething and starting to get pissed."

Wes: "I never get involved with subbordinates but when I do it's easy enough make excuses."

Bobby: "All the girls hate me, they don't even like me, guess I'll eat some worms....."

Still strumming... " As I walked down the streets of Croatia, As I walked around Croatia one day. I spied a girl who who'd have nothing to do with me. Just like those bitches back in U-S of A."

Malia: "I get high, and I love to get low
So the hearts keep breaking, and the heads just roll
You know that's how the story goes

One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
'Cause I'm the best baby that they never gotta keep
One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
They always wanna "come", but they never wanna leave."

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Luciano said:

No, the primary was the guy with the black hair that was having the tip discussion with the pissy bald guest.

That bald guy was a pain in the ass....he complained, rather nastily, about wearing a toga, he had a few other complaints as well, that weren't totally clear to me. I couldn't believe that he would tell Hannah "I'm not wearing a f*ckin' toga".

I got the feeling that yacht was the last place he wanted to be.  He didn't seem like he was having a good time at all.

• Love 9

Oh God, are we really going to be forced to watch this all the men on the ship, save Max, fight over Malia?  Seriously?   I've been through high school, don't need to repeat it.  

I think I've said this in every thread since the first episode but I genuinely don't understand why Bobby, Wes and Adam are acting as though Malia is the last female on earth.  She's cute but she's hardly all that.  Maybe I just don't get it because I'm female?  

I like Captain Sandy more and more each episode.  I'm disappointed that there was no on-air explanation for what happened with the anchor.

Was bringing 10 random people back on board production's idea or did the charter guests really do that?  Frankly I would be hesitant to do that.  You don't know these people.  What if they did some type of damage or theft to the ship?  Wouldn't that make the primary responsible?  

I agree that Hannah should have been there to help Lauren when they all returned but if Lauren said she didn't need help, it really wasn't Adam's place to wake Hannah.

If Lauren can't handle doing laundry and making some drinks, when needed, for six weeks, she will never survive life.

For whatever reason, Bobby didn't annoy me this episode.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, rho said:

Ha! Seeing that made me hate him even more. Who brings a guitar when they share 50 sq ft with someone else? He's totally the wonderwall guy at the party. Fucking tool.

Wished someone did like John Belushi in Animal House and beat the shit out of that guitar

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Wished someone did like John Belushi in Animal House and beat the shit out of that guitar

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I did enjoy the scenes of him playing his guitar like a lonely, misunderstood cowboy.

LMAO!!! hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rho said:

Lauren's meltdown was so annoying. She makes $1000/day pouring drinks and doing laundry. I do that every Sunday and no one gives me so much as a high five. I'm clearly not a fan, but I also have no idea why she owed Bobby an apology. If anything, he should apologize to the entire deck crew for being a raging dickhole and grade A narcissist.

I've had mixed feelings about Bugsy (who goes by Bugsy professionally anyway?). She came across super annoying but she's rather inoffensive. I did find it funny that she was under the impression Hannah gave her the task of managing Lauren. I thought she was allowed to delegate during the limited time Hannah is MIA (on break, or land, etc). She seems like someone who would be difficult to work for, and also difficult to employ. 

These guests were very weird. They were on the boat for about 15 hours and managed to bring on a dozen strays. I wonder if they got the shaft because of the anchor mishap? Also, why are they talking about chipping $200 in for a tip in front of the stew. I know she's pretentious, but I'm with Hannah. If $10K will break the bank, you have no business chartering a yacht. Maybe try a dinner cruise?

Lmao!!!  Some of these children have no concept of actual, real life.   You just made a one thousand dollar gratuity for 12 hours of work.  For many people, that is a two week paycheck, from which taxes are collected.  Shut the hell up and keep ironing.   I thought she was done whining with the last episode, acknowledging that Bugsy had just had a death in the family and watching that girl push through like a champ.     Lauren annoys the shit out of me, not the least of which is for her regret in high school having nothing to do with the being a self admitted bitch but the fact that she was ostracized for it.  Girrrrrrl?

giphy.gif

She was apologizing to Bobby because (and as much as I can't stand Bobby, she owed it to him) she lied about whatever she told him Hannah had said about him at the party in wherever.   Yes he's the king of overreaction, so it shouldn'tve ever gotten to that point but her badly acted "I'll be the liar" that's what she's saying sorry for.  She was the liar.  Then later when they were talking about it, again, she wouldn't take responsibility for setting him up with nonsense fiction.   My thing is as much as she says she doesn't like confrontation, those are the traits of an unreformed shit stirrer.   I know she's young and has a lot to learn but if you don't wanna be frozen out, don't do jerky stuff.

Poor Wes.   Malia is a bad boy/asshole lover.  If she's gonna wind up with any of them for the duration of the trip, it'll be Adam.   Shitty Adam.  Hannah woke you up because there's only one chef on the boat, nobody else can make them nachos at 2am.  You needn'tve awoken her because there's more than one stewardess to serve and, good, bad or indifferent, how things run in the interior is something she's solely in charge of so howbout you stay in your lane.  Are all chefs this petty?

I think Malia's cuter than average andplusalso she has an adorable little shape, which appeals to them mightily.  Hell, Hannah wants a piece of her lol.   It might not justify them all cutting a fool but however long the season is, all they have to look at at night in such close quarters, is each other.    I don't like that it seems as though Lauren gets her together in the next episode.  She may have a valid point but it sounds a little haterish since Lauren is in her feelings about a lack of attention from the rest of the crew.  It also sounds a little too close to slut shaming a girl who hasn't done anything wrong.  It's not like it's her fault these fools are running her down.   Why is she the one being held responsible for kissing two dudes who are roommates?  Each of them initiated the kiss.  Damn, the way Adam grabbed her I was concerned this was about to be a scene from the Accused.  That said she should probably leave both of em alone, it's messy and the blowback is gonna land on her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Oh God, are we really going to be forced to watch this all the men on the ship, save Max, fight over Malia?  Seriously?   I've been through high school, don't need to repeat it.  

I think I've said this in every thread since the first episode but I genuinely don't understand why Bobby, Wes and Adam are acting as though Malia is the last female on earth.  She's cute but she's hardly all that.  Maybe I just don't get it because I'm female?  

I like Captain Sandy more and more each episode.  I'm disappointed that there was no on-air explanation for what happened with the anchor.

Was bringing 10 random people back on board production's idea or did the charter guests really do that?  Frankly I would be hesitant to do that.  You don't know these people.  What if they did some type of damage or theft to the ship?  Wouldn't that make the primary responsible?  

I agree that Hannah should have been there to help Lauren when they all returned but if Lauren said she didn't need help, it really wasn't Adam's place to wake Hannah.

If Lauren can't handle doing laundry and making some drinks, when needed, for six weeks, she will never survive life.

For whatever reason, Bobby didn't annoy me this episode.

I agree when the guests and guests of the guests are on board, there should be at least two stews providing service.  Eighteen drinks can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes depending on the orders.  With two they can cut the time in half.  Even in a bar there is usually a bartender and waiter/waitress to deliver the drinks.  I thought Adam was kind to suggest she call Hannah, and was well with in his prevue to ask Hannah to help.   To me it had more to do with Lauren trying to prove herself than supplying superlative service to the guests and their guests.  I thought Hannah addressed Lauren's issues with help be offered versus asking quite well.  She can't train someone to ask for help. 

I also wonder how they vet the 10 guests-they obviously have to sign waivers for filming.  Hannah mentioned in addition to the crew and charter guests there is are a lot of people as part of the filming and production crew on board.  (I was going to cite a number but Hannah laid it out better.) https://www.forbes.com/sites/briennewalsh/2017/05/01/bobby-and-hannah-from-below-deck-mediterranean-share-secrets-from-season-two/#11d578ab30fb

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree when the guests and guests of the guests are on board, there should be at least two stews providing service.  Eighteen drinks can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes depending on the orders.  With two they can cut the time in half.  Even in a bar there is usually a bartender and waiter/waitress to deliver the drinks.  I thought Adam was kind to suggest she call Hannah, and was well with in his prevue to ask Hannah to help.   To me it had more to do with Lauren trying to prove herself than supplying superlative service to the guests and their guests.  I thought Hannah addressed Lauren's issues with help be offered versus asking quite well.  She can't train someone to ask for help.

See this is much more polite than my memory recalls lol.   Suggest and ask?  I mean, who can object to that? lol.   Lauren does need to get more comfortable asking for help, especially when circumstances change.  That being said, if Adam's approach had been this humble, I doubt I'dve noticed.  I'm thinking too much about this but he added "you woke me up for nachos" which, I dunno, allows him to use for *the good of the guests* to disguise *you mess with me, I mess with you*.   But having worked with many Hannahs before, I'm sure it'll turn out ok for him ; )   

• Love 3

Malia is a bit drama free because she's on the boys team and not gossiping with the girls all day.  I think that's part of the reason the guys like her.  Bugs also said she has a boyfriend.  So, who else is there for the boys to like?  Hannah?  Uh, no, she's older than most of them and basically in charge and full of drama.  Weepy Lauren?  That ship has sailed when she's faux dating Ben and has lied about Bobby (why?)?  So Malia's the one left.  It did seem like Adam was forcing Malia to kiss him.  She also seemed freaked out that Wes had kissed her.  Why do they all have to go out and get drunk everytime they hit land?

Talking about the tip in front of the stewardess' was the height of tacky.  I'm guessing they were drunk, but the guy also seemed like the type to leave a dollar under his plate at a restaurant and call it a good tip.

I can't believe it took 9.5 hours to free the anchors.  No one thought to cut the ropes at maybe hour 4?  Bizarre.  As for Sandy's tweets about it not being anyone's fault...with three hour watches, the boat probably spun around during everyone's watch so no one person was to blame.  If just Bobby had been on during the night, it would've been Bobby's fault, etc. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

See this is much more polite than my memory recalls lol.   Suggest and ask?  I mean, who can object to that? lol.   Lauren does need to get more comfortable asking for help, especially when circumstances change.  That being said, if Adam's approach had been this humble, I doubt I'dve noticed.  I'm thinking too much about this but he added "you woke me up for nachos" which, I dunno, allows him to use for *the good of the guests* to disguise *you mess with me, I mess with you*.   But having worked with many Hannahs before, I'm sure it'll turn out ok for him ; )   

The snark was there but I do think Adam has enough yacht experience to know Lauren was over her head.  He wasn't unkind to Lauren at that point-I think he was trying to let her know that she should call Hanna.  His later comments about the nachos-is exactly in line with these producers want-unrest.  Had things not gone well I am quite certain Adam would have been taken to task for not calling in more help.  I did agree with Adam that Hannah's face should be out there as she is the leader of the stew community.   I don't always agree with certain people's methods but the end result was appropriate as to guest services.   All the crew seems to be pretty inner directed for a good tip.   

I found this on Captain Sandy's twitter-it seems the unseen crew members were prevented until later in the day to help with the untangling with the anchor.   I agree so much is for TV. 

The question was essentially about putting the crew at risk. 

Since it is Sandy's ship I found this interesting: 

At the end of the day it is all about guest satisfaction.   Good for Sandy-glad to see she is enjoying some "Below Deck Mediterranean" perks.

• Love 5

Here's an unpopular opinion as far as tipping goes. I am like the guy in the white shirt and bad toupee who said just give the money and forget about it and covered for the other guys shortfall. I always over tip because I had worked in the hospitality industry and know how hard these guys work. But the bald headed douche guy is getting a bum rap.

The way I figure it is that they were talking about $200 a person for the tip. Not just $200. That's nine people to tip at $200 or $1800. If this guy has to pay for himself and his wife that $3600 for one day. Not something to sneeze at. Now this guy felt disrespected. He was older and was not into the water sports. He probably didn't even want to be on this trip but his wife roped him into it to be on TV. He just  wanted to sit inside out of the wind and have an espresso martini. So then they tell him to get out of the lounge because they have to put some leaves and shit on the table. What's up with that? 

Then they want him to dress in a toga? I mean that is fine if you are a kid but not if you are in your sixties. The staff can dress up like monkeys because they are getting paid the big bucks and are on TV. But this poor guy just wanted to have his drink in peace. He doesn't have to feel foolish and then have to over  pay for the privilege. 

It seems that this crew is a bunch of misfits and  scewups. They almost drift on the rocks. They foul the anchor. They get a guest injured. They bitch and moan about what people want to eat and their food preferences. 

Plus how cold is the water in Croatia? I know it is not as warm as the Caribbean. There seems to be bad weather on every charter so far. Is that just bad luck? Or is Croatia not a place you want to be on a boat? The scenery and the towns seem absolutely stunning and I would love to go there. I just don't know if I want to freeze my nuts off when I feel off the Banana boat and broke my ribs. I might just want to set on the couch and look at the scenery and have a Martini. What I have to leave and go to my cabin because you have to decorate?

Now don't get me wrong. When somebody says it's not about the money then it is always about the money. But I can see where the guy was kinda pissed and balked about dropping $3600 in tips for one day that he really didn't enjoy. I wish I were more like him. I would pay the money without a murmur. But I don't think the guy was totally out of line if he hated the experience as much as he seemed to in the highly edited scenes that we witnessed on this trip.

• Love 9