Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Double Trouble

• Start Topic

Adam was creepy, but I still also find myself myself creeped out by Hannah's flirting with Malia (which almost autocorrected to malaria) from a few episodes ago and it's just stuck with me every time she's onscreen. The way she said "take off your clothes" was so not sexy if that's what she intended and totally inappropriate. 

Also, ugh. Life must be so hard for girls like Malia. It's not a matter of "will any of the guys like me?" it's "which guy should I choose since they all like me?"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

Malia is a bit drama free because she's on the boys team and not gossiping with the girls all day.  I think that's part of the reason the guys like her.  Bugs also said she has a boyfriend.  So, who else is there for the boys to like?  Hannah?  Uh, no, she's older than most of them and basically in charge and full of drama.  Weepy Lauren?  That ship has sailed when she's faux dating Ben and has lied about Bobby (why?)?  So Malia's the one left.  It did seem like Adam was forcing Malia to kiss him.  She also seemed freaked out that Wes had kissed her.  Why do they all have to go out and get drunk everytime they hit land?

Why do the guys have to like anyone?  It's six weeks.  Can they not just do their jobs for six weeks?  Maybe I just don't get it because I'm not in my twenties or thirties any longer. 

And yes . . . they really should stop drinking like sailors in port (no pun intended.)  Nothing good usually comes of it and it's really unprofessional around your supervisor(s), coworkers and captain. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Seriously. Its 6 weeks and if you give it 110 percent like you should, you will make HELLA GOOD money.  KEEP IT IN YOUR DAMN PANTS. make your $ THEN go fall in love.

Same goes for Lauren.  She can't handle it, she needs to leave?  Say what now?  A month and a half.  Suck it up.  They are making more money in that six week period than some people make in half a year or more.  And while they are on call quite a bit during a charter, they also have time off during that six week period and they get to travel.  So shut it.

• Love 5

I think Bobby is missing a bet by not hooking up with Hannah. She is definitely into him and he would get a really good edit. She is far and away the most attractive of the girls in my humble opinion. But I guess that is because Malia looks like a kid to me and not someone a full grown man should be chasing. 

• Love 5
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

They ALL didn't go. Bugsy begged off. 

Ahh Bugsy. . . she was there but she is a class act.  No drunken idiocy on her part.  I like her she managed to have a sincere conversation with Adam-even though he was initially a turd to her. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Why do the guys have to like anyone?  It's six weeks.  Can they not just do their jobs for six weeks?  Maybe I just don't get it because I'm not in my twenties or thirties any longer. 

And yes . . . they really should stop drinking like sailors in port (no pun intended.)  Nothing good usually comes of it and it's really unprofessional around your supervisor(s), coworkers and captain. 

I agree. I read on some boat forums what they all think of this show and they always say that they would never be allowed to be drunk on the boat or drink as much as they do - so i guess much of it is for the cameras.

12 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Seriously. Its 6 weeks and if you give it 110 percent like you should, you will make HELLA GOOD money.  KEEP IT IN YOUR DAMN PANTS. make your $ THEN go fall in love.

Again i think the producers must encourage it for the drama or pick some seriously desperate people ! 

I really don't get what is so special about Malia - but i do think she likes to lead the guys on. You can see her being flirty with both of the guys, so i don't think she is as innocent as the editing makes her out to be !

• Love 7

Malia is doing what Rocky did. She is acting like the coquette and getting all the dimwits hot and bothered. 

The bosun is the one who really screwed up. Getting involved with a direct subordinate is a recipe for disaster. If I were the Captain and found out about that I would have to seriously question his derangement and let him go. This relationship opens the boat up to sex discrimination and sexual harassment suits and all kinds of nonsense. It is never acceptable in this litigious day and age.

I thought better of this guy as he seemed to know what he was doing but he really blew it this week.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

The bosun is the one who really screwed up. Getting involved with a direct subordinate is a recipe for disaster. 

It is but Malia said in her TH that her last relationship was with her captain so she clearly has no issue with it.  I've always heard the quickest way to lose your job is to get involved with your boss.  Doesn't seem smart. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

It is but Malia said in her TH that her last relationship was with her captain so she clearly has no issue with it.  I've always heard the quickest way to lose your job is to get involved with your boss.  Doesn't seem smart. 

While it's never a good idea to date your boss, Malia used to work as a Dive master on dive boats, so much smaller crew which in my experience leads to a much less rigorous chain of command with everyone pitching in and also most importantly they don't live on the boat and are typically half day or full day charters based on how she previously described the boats she worked on.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Malia is doing what Rocky did. She is acting like the coquette and getting all the dimwits hot and bothered. 

The bosun is the one who really screwed up. Getting involved with a direct subordinate is a recipe for disaster. If I were the Captain and found out about that I would have to seriously question his derangement and let him go. This relationship opens the boat up to sex discrimination and sexual harassment suits and all kinds of nonsense. It is never acceptable in this litigious day and age.

I thought better of this guy as he seemed to know what he was doing but he really blew it this week.

See Eddie and Rocky.  They weren't even in the same chain of command and we lost Eddie who was a great cast member.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Malia is a bit drama free because she's on the boys team and not gossiping with the girls all day.  I think that's part of the reason the guys like her.  Bugs also said she has a boyfriend.  So, who else is there for the boys to like?  Hannah?  Uh, no, she's older than most of them and basically in charge and full of drama.  Weepy Lauren?  That ship has sailed when she's faux dating Ben and has lied about Bobby (why?)?  So Malia's the one left.  It did seem like Adam was forcing Malia to kiss him.  She also seemed freaked out that Wes had kissed her.  Why do they all have to go out and get drunk everytime they hit land?

Talking about the tip in front of the stewardess' was the height of tacky.  I'm guessing they were drunk, but the guy also seemed like the type to leave a dollar under his plate at a restaurant and call it a good tip.

Hannah (30) is actually younger than Bobby (32) and Adam (34 or 35). Max has a girlfriend, so that leaves Wes as the only guy younger than her. Everyone should stay far away from hooking up with department heads. It's only going to end up in drama. Of course Malia said that she hooked up with the captain on her last ship.

Janet, Lindsay, and Rebecca from Real World Seattle are three of my favorite reality stars because they spent a decent part of that season hiking and reading books. I would love it if one of the deckies just spent a night on the boat being boring.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

She was apologizing to Bobby because (and as much as I can't stand Bobby, she owed it to him) she lied about whatever she told him Hannah had said about him at the party in wherever.   Yes he's the king of overreaction, so it shouldn'tve ever gotten to that point but her badly acted "I'll be the liar" that's what she's saying sorry for.  She was the liar.  Then later when they were talking about it, again, she wouldn't take responsibility for setting him up with nonsense fiction.   My thing is as much as she says she doesn't like confrontation, those are the traits of an unreformed shit stirrer.   I know she's young and has a lot to learn but if you don't wanna be frozen out, don't do jerky stuff.

Oh man, I totally didn't get that! Where is the lie? Bobby invited three dates, one of which was Lauren, and Hannah was like "typical slutbag bobby invited backup dates lol" which after a few drinks might sound like shit talking. At the end of the day, Bobby is a misogynistic creep and neither Lauren nor Hannah could tarnish his reputation more than he does for himself.

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

I really don't get what is so special about Malia - but i do think she likes to lead the guys on. You can see her being flirty with both of the guys, so i don't think she is as innocent as the editing makes her out to be !

Speaking as a woman in a similarly male-dominated field, where I travel and share living quarters with male coworkers, Malia is fucked if she does and fucked if she doesn't.

I don't think she was ever overtly flirty from what we've seen. She seems like a young, nice, fun girl and has been inappropriately fawned over from day one. A few times, she actually looks uncomfortable like when Bobby and Adam were drunkenly passing her back and forth like a trophy. Hannah was grossly out of line that first night too and it's been downhill from there. Even if she was flirting, both of them came onto her and they should know better, being senior crew members.

• Love 7

Bobby seems to be half a step away from being a date rapist. Every girl really wants him, someone just gets in his way. No, you raging maniac, not every girl is just dying to go out with you, and from what we've seen, they don't want to. Malia showed no interest outside of general working together friendliness and banter. There's a difference between not running the other way when she sees you and pining away for you. A working friendship isn't an invitation to claim a woman as yours and become all ragey towards her. Lauren's a different story though. It seems she doesn't want him, but wants him to want her. Basically, they are the perfect fucked up match.

I'm not sure what game Adam is tying to play with Hannah and Bugs. Did he seriously suggest Bugs should take over Hannah's position?That makes for a lovely time on the job. Lauren must be hand washing and then blowing dry the laundry. I've never seen a third stew spend so long doing laundry on any season. I'm still not liking Captain Sandy.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, rho said:

Oh man, I totally didn't get that! Where is the lie? Bobby invited three dates, one of which was Lauren, and Hannah was like "typical slutbag bobby invited backup dates lol" which after a few drinks might sound like shit talking. At the end of the day, Bobby is a misogynistic creep and neither Lauren nor Hannah could tarnish his reputation more than he does for himself.

Speaking as a woman in a similarly male-dominated field, where I travel and share living quarters with male coworkers, Malia is fucked if she does and fucked if she doesn't.

I don't think she was ever overtly flirty from what we've seen. She seems like a young, nice, fun girl and has been inappropriately fawned over from day one. A few times, she actually looks uncomfortable like when Bobby and Adam were drunkenly passing her back and forth like a trophy. Hannah was grossly out of line that first night too and it's been downhill from there. Even if she was flirting, both of them came onto her and they should know better, being senior crew members.

Ok lookit lol:   The lie is {Lauren to Bobby at the off season party all 3 of them attended}:  Hannah was just over here talking shit about you.    According to Bobby, Lauren never specified what was said and in some bizarre universe where it must not matter, my understanding is he didn't insist on specifics.  She (Lauren) simply left him with the impression that Hannah came over to her with the express purpose of trashing him to Lauren.  It wasn't until this charter season that Bobby finds out (with the rest of us) that what Hannah said though, not flattering, was factually accurate.  Lauren nodded agreement then later misrepresented Hannah as a shit-stirrer.   So when Bobby's all quit your trash talking and Hannah, justifiably stunned, goes to Lauren in disbelief and this girl is still like, yeah that Bobby I don't know what he's talking about, that Bobby, what a delusional psycho.  Lauren sucks at direct conversation of any kind.  Instead of calling him an asshole and moving on with her evening, she passive aggressively uses the optics to create and leave him with an impression that will piss him off.   For months.  Like, knowing they'll likely work together again, she doesn't go to him in the hiatus period between this party and the next charter to say hey I've gotta clear something up with you.  The irony is if she'dve just told him what Hannah really said, she would've killed two birds.  He'dve been upset, maybe even a little embarrassed to realize he owed her an apology but either way they'd be clear about the real reason they stopped dating.   She needs to create drama to be relevant.   Girl is messy.   Anyway, for all these things, he was owed a full-throated non-theatrical apology. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Why do the guys have to like anyone?  It's six weeks.  Can they not just do their jobs for six weeks?

This. So much this! I can't understand why they can't focus on their job for six weeks and worry about getting laid later. I can understand wanting to get off the boat for a while every few days. That said, I can't understand the drinking until they're stumbling drunks; but then, I don't have any alcohol tolerance because I can't drink beer (and because there's a history of alcoholism in my family and so I choose to abstain).

• Love 2

I can't believe she asked Bugsy to whip Lauren into shape and then proceeded to intercede citing she needs to be the one communicating with her staff.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that Bugs asked Hannah if it was OK that she provide direction to Lauren when they were working 1:1 and Hannah consented?  That's not Hannah delegating all responsibility of Lauren to Bugs.  When Lauren had her breakdown (over nothing), Hannah quickly interceded, as she shoul

• Love 8
22 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lmao!!!  Some of these children have no concept of actual, real life.   You just made a one thousand dollar gratuity for 12 hours of work.  For many people, that is a two week paycheck, from which taxes are collected.  Shut the hell up and keep ironing.   I thought she was done whining with the last episode, acknowledging that Bugsy had just had a death in the family and watching that girl push through like a champ.     Lauren annoys the shit out of me, not the least of which is for her regret in high school having nothing to do with the being a self admitted bitch but the fact that she was ostracized for it.  Girrrrrrl?

giphy.gif

She was apologizing to Bobby because (and as much as I can't stand Bobby, she owed it to him) she lied about whatever she told him Hannah had said about him at the party in wherever.   Yes he's the king of overreaction, so it shouldn'tve ever gotten to that point but her badly acted "I'll be the liar" that's what she's saying sorry for.  She was the liar.  Then later when they were talking about it, again, she wouldn't take responsibility for setting him up with nonsense fiction.   My thing is as much as she says she doesn't like confrontation, those are the traits of an unreformed shit stirrer.   I know she's young and has a lot to learn but if you don't wanna be frozen out, don't do jerky stuff.

Poor Wes.   Malia is a bad boy/asshole lover.  If she's gonna wind up with any of them for the duration of the trip, it'll be Adam.   Shitty Adam.  Hannah woke you up because there's only one chef on the boat, nobody else can make them nachos at 2am.  You needn'tve awoken her because there's more than one stewardess to serve and, good, bad or indifferent, how things run in the interior is something she's solely in charge of so howbout you stay in your lane.  Are all chefs this petty?

I think Malia's cuter than average andplusalso she has an adorable little shape, which appeals to them mightily.  Hell, Hannah wants a piece of her lol.   It might not justify them all cutting a fool but however long the season is, all they have to look at at night in such close quarters, is each other.    I don't like that it seems as though Lauren gets her together in the next episode.  She may have a valid point but it sounds a little haterish since Lauren is in her feelings about a lack of attention from the rest of the crew.  It also sounds a little too close to slut shaming a girl who hasn't done anything wrong.  It's not like it's her fault these fools are running her down.   Why is she the one being held responsible for kissing two dudes who are roommates?  Each of them initiated the kiss.  Damn, the way Adam grabbed her I was concerned this was about to be a scene from the Accused.  That said she should probably leave both of em alone, it's messy and the blowback is gonna land on her.  

Great way to put it!

The only thing I'll say about Malia is one night she's all over Hannah. I mean, she's motorboating her. I thought it went beyond casual flirting.  Then the next day she was like, yeah, don't swing that way.    I don't think we've seen her that all over the guys like she was Hannah, but if she's doing that to everyone, then I feel like she's making them all think they've got a chance.  But of course, that doesn't mean she deserved the rapey cornering by Adam.

On Lauren, you could tell when she was backtracking in front of Hannah and Bobby on what she said "I was drunk...I don't remember" that she was a liar. She clearly took something Hannah said and made it a bigger deal.  Lauren is truly stuck in adolescence.  She is one of those people that says one thing to one person to get their approval and another thing to the other person.   

• Love 2
On 5/31/2017 at 7:11 AM, SuzWhat said:

Also, Bobby has no game.   The shots of him talking to Malia at the table were hilarious.  

But we knew that from last season when Danny and Bobby had to pick up women for that old douchebag charter. Bobby took off his shirt and stood there while Danny chatted with women and bought drinks.

Every time I remember that Bobby was the far less offensive of the gruesome twosome of Bobby and Bryan, I shudder. Luckily Bryan was too drunk to do anything because he seemed like he was minutes away from trying to force himself on Tiffany. Meanwhile the way Bobby is just hovering around Malia is creeping me out. Adam is just giving me Criminal Minds Unsub realness. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

The only thing I'll say about Malia is one night she's all over Hannah. I mean, she's motorboating her. I thought it went beyond casual flirting.

Uhhh, drunk! Drunk people do this. To me and my wife, it looked like they were drunkenly joking around.

• Love 3

Ha I just have to add that I don't think most people feel the urge to motorboat their friends when they're drunk as a way of drunkenly joking around/flirting. I don't think that's ever crossed my mind to do that with my girl friends and I've definitely had my share of drunken times. Motorboating doesn't float my boat (no pun intended). 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Uhhh, drunk! Drunk people do this. To me and my wife, it looked like they were drunkenly joking around.

I don't know. I think the problem is that they are colleagues and not friends. To make matters worse Hana is in a senior position. 

Lauren has nice hair and is not the first person to be overwhelmed by the work load of the laundry room. I say cut her some slack & make Bobby treat her with some professional courtesy.

Wes is too much of a wimp to be in a supervisory role.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that Bugs asked Hannah if it was OK that she provide direction to Lauren when they were working 1:1 and Hannah consented?  That's not Hannah delegating all responsibility of Lauren to Bugs.  When Lauren had her breakdown (over nothing), Hannah quickly interceded, as she shoul

That's exactly what we saw, so I was super confused about Bugs getting upset when Hannah stepped in. I wonder what Hannah thinks of her edit this season which is making her seem lazy and bad at her job.

• Love 3

Hannah is getting the bad edit for sure.

I don't understand why none of the guys in two seasons would want to hook up with her.  She has a rockin' body and seems DTF!

I think the reason why Emily and Malia are popular is that they are little girls. Hannah is a woman and she scares these mooks away. Losers.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Ha, she looked like she wanted to devour Hannah.  It looked like more than just joking around!

• Love 2
(edited)
On May 31, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Trooper York said:

I think Bobby is missing a bet by not hooking up with Hannah. She is definitely into him and he would get a really good edit. She is far and away the most attractive of the girls in my humble opinion. But I guess that is because Malia looks like a kid to me and not someone a full grown man should be chasing. 

Trooper York, I totally agree with you.  Malia looks so...basic and ordinary to me, like I forget what she looks like.  Hannah IMO is stunning, to me she looks like a woman while Lauren and Malia look like high school seniors.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Trooper York, I totally agree with you.  Malia looks so...basic and ordinary to me, like I forget what she looks like.  Hannah IMO is stunning, to me she looks like a woman while Lauren and Malia look like high school seniors.

Agreed!  I want to motorboat Hannah.  :)  And I love her accent.  

• Love 3

Malia is non-threatening, much like that blond, buck-toothed one on the previous season (whose name escapes me). Malia is cute in a generic way, blond, and tiny (and she's fit and squat with short ham hock legs). I also think Hannah is more attractive. When she slaps some red lipstick on and does it up, there's really no competition. The thing is, she's brainy as well, and some guys would rather choose the "safer" option.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Completely agree. I couldn't understand why the guys in the first season of BD: Med didn't go for her. If I were that age, single, and on charter with her, I wouldn't be distracted by anyone else: There would be only Hannah.

• Love 1

I just wanna know why the line can't go in the water?

Ok for the anchor, can't you just Sawzall the chain or something then fix it? 

Oh wait, I'm just a girl, i gotta go make cookies for the boys "teehee"... cuz i don't know nuttin about boats. 

3 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I just wanna know why the line can't go in the water?

The safety (and financial) reason is that it could get caught up in the prop. As a boater, I keep them out of the water because they get nasty slimy if you don't.  Once green stuff starts growing on them, they're done for.

4 hours ago, Swim mom said:

The safety (and financial) reason is that it could get caught up in the prop. As a boater, I keep them out of the water because they get nasty slimy if you don't.  Once green stuff starts growing on them, they're done for.

Thank you! I just find it fascinating.  What is that skinny line they keep throwing and missing the dock people? It seems too little you do much. 

4 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

What is that skinny line they keep throwing and missing the dock people?

Often, you connect a lightweight line to a heavy line. You can then throw the light line, and the receiver can drag it in eventually grabbing the heavy section. Disney ships have a little pop gun thingy that shoots out a tiny line that gets progressively larger as the dock workers pull it in.

(edited)
On May 31, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Trooper York said:

Now don't get me wrong. When somebody says it's not about the money then it is always about the money. But I can see where the guy was kinda pissed and balked about dropping $3600 in tips for one day that he really didn't enjoy. I wish I were more like him. I would pay the money without a murmur. But I don't think the guy was totally out of line if he hated the experience as much as he seemed to in the highly edited scenes that we witnessed on this trip.

That man was old enough to have manners.  If he didn't want to be there, he shouldn't have been there.  Maybe a Carnival cruise is more up his alley.  Poor old man, on a beautiful yacht...I wish I had his problems, he was a class A douche to me.

Adam is also a douche.  He's comparing Hannah to Buggs.  What a moron.  Buggs was working so hard because she was trying to take her mind off her grandmother's death and I'm sure that for her, working was very Zen, you have to be there in the moment, not think about the past or worry about the future.  

Adam's still an ass though.  And watching it again, I realized why Adam kept saying how great Bugs was; Hannah told him, she thought Malia should be with Wes, NOT him.  I guess Hannah hurt Adam's small, limp dick.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

That man was old enough to have manners.  If he didn't want to be there, he shouldn't have been there.  Maybe a Carnival cruise is more up his alley.  Poor old man, on a beautiful yacht...I wish I had his problems, he was a class A douche to me.

You are right. He shouldn't have been there. He probably didn't want to be there. He was obviously miserable. He would have been much happier on a Carnival Cruise. I know I would. I stayed in a penthouse suite once. Two floors. Private jacuzzi. And the spa was great. Giant whirlpool and kick ass massages.  You can book it if you are ready to go and they have a cancellation. You can get it dirt cheap.

The cruises I have seen so far this year seem pretty horrendous. They almost hit the rocks. They have to go on a rinky tink tugboat because they fouled the anchor. Guests are getting physically hurt. The crew is more interested in banging than taking care of them. The stews are sleeping and leaving an incompetent dingbat to mix drinks.  For the money they are paying they are really getting ripped off big time.

Maybe I sympathize with that Class A Douche because I am a grumpy old man who doesn't want to dress in a toga. He was old enough to have manners. He was also old enough that he didn't want to put up with stupid bullshit like a toga party.  Sorry. I would rather dress like James Bond in a white dinner jacket and go to the Casino after a delicious steak prepared by someone who didn't have his fingers stuck in a deckhand two minutes before he prepared my dinner.

Edited by Trooper York
Because I want to cruise like a Norwegian......except no herring or sweaters with reindeer.
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Thank you! I just find it fascinating.  What is that skinny line they keep throwing and missing the dock people? It seems too little you do much. 

To me, it looks like they either haven't tied a proper "monkey fist" knot or they don't know how to throw them. Either way, that's something the boatswain should have them practicing.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Trooper York said:

You are right. He shouldn't have been there. He probably didn't want to be there. He was obviously miserable. He would have been much happier on a Carnival Cruise. I know I would. I stayed in a penthouse suite once. Two floors. Private jacuzzi. And the spa was great. Giant whirlpool and kick ass massages.  You can book it if you are ready to go and they have a cancellation. You can get it dirt cheap.

You were lucky to get that, but you're right, if someone cancels and you're ready to go then, you can get whatever high end cabin is ready.   BTW, you really don't want to cruise like a Norwegian.  (talk about nickel and dime-ing you!)  However, grumpy old man would probably have been happier on Holland America.

18 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Maybe I sympathize with that Class A Douche because I am a grumpy old man who doesn't want to dress in a toga. He was old enough to have manners. He was also old enough that he didn't want to put up with stupid bullshit like a toga party.  Sorry. I would rather dress like James Bond in a white dinner jacket and go to the Casino after a delicious steak prepared by someone who didn't have his fingers stuck in a deckhand two minutes before he prepared my dinner.

Yes, I see your point.  There was another man there who was just wearing a white shirt; but the guy was still a douche.  

• Love 1
On 5/31/2017 at 5:12 PM, psychoticstate said:

Production isn't paying to see them do their jobs for six weeks.  I assume a big part of the audition process is determining who is willing to hook up on camera, or in whatever other way deliver the footage.  Being professional with colleagues, a hit with the clients, and reading in your bunk will not get you asked back for another season of the show/pile of paychecks. Basically they know if they don't deliver they're gone.  If they don't come up with their own storyline, one will be provided for them. So I think a lot of it is just trying to control their own narrative by identifying somebody to flirt with/talk about in confessionals, whether anything comes of it or not.  And since half of them have been chosen for personality issues, it's going to manifest in different ways.

• Love 2
On 6/4/2017 at 2:58 PM, Neurochick said:

You were lucky to get that, but you're right, if someone cancels and you're ready to go then, you can get whatever high end cabin is ready.   BTW, you really don't want to cruise like a Norwegian.  (talk about nickel and dime-ing you!)  However, grumpy old man would probably have been happier on Holland America.

I have sailed on Norwegian and in fact most of the major cruise lines. Many moons ago my wife worked for the trade organization so she had a good idea about the various lines. I even like Carnival but them I have low tastes and am easily pleased. I couldn't stand the pool area so we just stayed in the spa all day when we weren't out on an excursion. 

I particularly enjoyed Princess but all of them seemed to be a lot more fun than these people are having on this very expensive yacht. I see in the previews that Adam ignored the food preferences of one of the guests. That is a deal breaker for me. If you are allergic and this dummy just decides to ignore it then he needs to get fired. If the captain refuses to fire him then she should get fired. No excuses. No plea bargains. Out.

• Love 5
On Monday, June 05, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Trooper York said:

see in the previews that Adam ignored the food preferences of one of the guests. That is a deal breaker for me. If you are allergic and this dummy just decides to ignore it then he needs to get fired.

Even if your not allergic, your in the hospitality industry and you specially ask guests about their preferences/dietary restrictions honor those preferences! When I invite people over to my house I am capable of honoring their restrictions and I am not a professional. Sure it makes a chefs job easier if they had no restrictions but that's true of nearly every job on the planet, suck it up and do your job.

• Love 3

I see in the previews that Adam ignored the food preferences of one of the guests. That is a deal breaker for me. If you are allergic and this dummy just decides to ignore it then he needs to get fired. If the captain refuses to fire him then she should get fired. No excuses. No plea bargains. Out.

Although it's going to be VERY hard to surpass Bobby, I have a sneaking suspicion Adam is going to end up being my least favorite. From the first episode where he condescendingly chuckled in the Captain's face when she told him she was the Captain, to his completely unnecessary dickheadedness to Bug to how he lip attacked Malia, I'm already over him. The previews don't look like there is going to be much redemption there. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Although it's going to be VERY hard to surpass Bobby, I have a sneaking suspicion Adam is going to end up being my least favorite. From the first episode where he condescendingly chuckled in the Captain's face when she told him she was the Captain, to his completely unnecessary dickheadedness to Bug to how he lip attacked Malia, I'm already over him. The previews don't look like there is going to be much redemption there. 

Maybe they'll have to call in Ben again "to the rescue!"

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Or Leon! Or Rocky! Or Eddie!

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Or Leon! Or Rocky! Or Eddie!

There's no chance of any of those guys; all with serious issues! Leon gets the blame for that oven fire due to it being so dirty! Adam's a jerk, but he keeps his galley spotless! Ben's a slob and he really can't  impress me enough to overlook what a pig-sty his kitchen is while preparing his fare! Is that a little strong or am I remembering it wrong? Leon got a lot of compliments and only the chief stew was kvetchin' about his lean resume and offerings! The guests loved his beef-cheeks and she ranted about how limited Leon was in her opinion! She really did "ask for it" when he wouldn't put up with her BS attitude! 

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
8 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

There's no chance of any of those guys; all with serious issues! Leon gets the blame for that oven fire due to it being so dirty! Adam's a jerk, but he keeps his galley spotless! Ben's a slob and he really can't  impress me enough to overlook what a pig-sty his kitchen is while preparing his fare! Is that a little strong or am I remembering it wrong? Leon got a lot of compliments and only the chief stew was kvetchin' about his lean resume and offerings! The guests loved his beef-cheeks and she ranted about how limited Leon was in her opinion! She really did "ask for it" when he wouldn't put up with her BS attitude! 

Well, Leon set himself up for all the ragging he took about his meals. Almost all of them used beef cheeks, which is bad enough. To top it all off, he kept bragging about how great a chef he is .... and then he uses just one main ingredient: beef cheeks. To be honest, if it had been me instead of her, I'd have ragged on him even harder than she did. So he really got off easy. I probably would have made him cry.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2017 at 4:56 PM, Trooper York said:

Do tell!

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Leon was the one with the filthy kitchen so much so that the cameras caught a decent amount of footage before the fire. There was footage of dirty pans and a charcoaled baked potato in the oven. He wouldn't get up to make snacks for the guests, which is how we got to watch Rocky "finger lickin' good" Dakota make the world's grossest quesadilla. Additionally, he was crap at ordering provisions. He didn't order any protein powder for the Tap Out charter. He served rabbit to that guest who didn't want it because he hadn't brought out any other protein to defrost. When he was ordering, he never made note of what was arriving fresh or frozen and found himself scrambling right before dinner. He used baking mixes for most of his desserts. I know savory chefs often have problems with desserts, but a decent chef should be able to execute a cookie, brownie, cake, and crepe. He couldn't do any of that. Finally, he never really seemed to take advantage of local foods when he was cooking for the guests.

Ben's big problem is that his mis-en-place was shit and he's arrogant. But I think that he and Adam both understand what it means to be a charter chef for the most part. You accommodate the guests weird and dumb whims, expose them to new food, and prepare a dining experience that is just a little bit better than what they would get at home. There is no way that I think that Leon would have ever been able to handle some of these strange dietary requests or baking boob cakes or put together a 7 course tasting menu.

I thought that Leon snotted off to Kate first so she gave it right back to him. Here's the reason that Kate "asking for it" is bullshit, Kate and Leon's issues had started to spill out of the galley and Lee told them to squash it. Even if Kate continued to act like an asshole, Lee gave them a directive to act like civil professionals and Leon still couldn't do it. He was nasty to Kate, but it wasn't like he had a great relationship with Amy. He was rude and kind of snippy to her too. He was only ever nice to Rocky and Emile. It's not like he had decent relationships with Connie and Eddie either.

Kate is a bitch, but the point she was making is that Leon had the wrong mindset about cooking on a yacht. When the Tap Out guests complained about the scallops, Leon and the guest had this strange back and forth until guest just suggested a steak quesadilla. It was really obvious that those guests didn't have very sophisticated palates from their preference sheets. He was still thinking like a restaurant chef, where people come to you because they love your beef cheeks. Whereas a yacht chef has to basically be able to pull off the buffet at Caesar's Palace at any given moment because your guests might want crepes for breakfast, sushi for lunch, goulash for dinner, and flan for dessert. Leon was too inflexible to do the job well.

I think the things that really sunk him was him lying about the fire and admitting that he could have wowed the guests if he wanted to. You can't admit to your coworkers that you are intentionally being lazy in a way that might impact how much money they bring home. Basically those two things reveal him as profoundly untrustworthy at least in the context of what is expected during the charter season.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4