Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Where Bluebirds Fly

• Start Topic

In flashback, Zelena befriends a young woodcutter who has been cursed and turns to her for help finding a new heart. Zelena is forced to choose between keeping her powers and her friendship with him. Meanwhile, in Storybrooke, Zelena decides to take on the Black Fairy and put a stop to her, once and for all, against Regina’s wishes, and the Charmings disagree over Emma and Hook’s wedding plans.

So did Snow and Charming forget that their first wedding wasn't interrupted by Regina? 

Spoiler

Or will they conveniently recall this fact when Emma and Hook do end up having a rushed wedding?  

I was hoping the Tin Man would somehow be fixed by the use of the Crimson Heart at the end. Maybe he was, but we'll probably never know.

Zelena asking Regina to care for her baby reeks of foreshadowing. 

• Love 1

We're gonna get a wobbified Fairy backstory y'all. All these parents giving up their children sob stories. I'll only ever feel sorry for Emma with Henry and the Charmings with Emma. All this other nonsense could get the hell on.

Emma and Hook are so hot is all I got for this episode.

• Love 11

I do not get the title.

I enjoyed this one. Jamie Murray continues to impress as the Black Fairy, and thought it was a nice end of Zelena's character arc, even if Regina was crueler than the situation called for, at times (not that she wasn't right to be upset, but thought she took it a little far at times)

I thought people here were joking about there being a musical episode. Imagine my surprise.

Though I will say that the promo voice going from low and super serious about next week's episode to bubbly and light when talking about the musical was some amazing whiplash.

• Love 5

Episode ranged from ok to moderately annoying. 

Snow going on and on about the wedding until finally David the voice of reason reminded everyone that imminent doom in the form of Black Fairy is out there and they really should be addressing that before celebrating.  Thank you David.

Once again a magic wand (fragment) can open a portal to another realm.  Rumple had loads of wands, how could he be dumb enough to not figure out how to use a wand to open a portal when he was trying to reach Baelfire?  

Still talking about the "Final Battle".  I'm really worried now that all this hype is going to lead to an enormous let down.  I'm surprised Zelena gave up her magic for the heroes.  Doesn't seem to be in character but I guess the writers are trying to show some character growth.  Unfortunately they did not show enough of the transition/growth over time on screen for me to really believe it.  But, on the other hand I enjoy seeing Zelena and hope the loss of magic will not affect her capacity for insults and one liners.

The cowardly lion reached a new low bar for CGI.  

Makeup Department:  I implore you, please put some blush and lipstick on Emma.  She looks so pale and tired I'm worried she actually has anemia.

Edited to add: I almost forgot about Henry - maybe because the subplot with the hieroglyphics is putting me to sleep...zzzzz.  And that glow in the dark pen was kind of lame, really.

Edited by Worsel
  • Love 3

Perspective of a Zelena fan... I both liked and disliked this episode. The flashbacks and the quest to kill the Black Fairy prematurely were both humongous wastes of time. Zelena's recklessness was a bit too much to be believable. Yeah, she tends to be nuts, but her plans are usually much more calculated. The writers needed to hit the "character X decides they need to defeat the Big Bad NOW, but fails out of impetuosity, and character Y tries to stop them" beat. I did really love the idea that she would give up her magic to stop the Black Fairy. Sacrifices are always good. Zelena is the true MVP.

* Regina is such a bitch. I still hate her for how she treats Zelena.
* It was so refreshing to see the character spend time and plan the wedding.
* "After Regina threatened us, we still had our wedding"... Regina threatened you at your wedding. You went on with it because you placed a spell on yourselves to keep her from harming you.
* Isn't Henry supposed to use the Author pen, just to record and not create?
* Why would you make the wife of the man who wants to kill you the babysitter of your child?
* The Mills family uses magic from the air. How can you strip their magic? Was Zelena inherently magical this whole time like Emma?!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

It's funny.  I only watch every once in a while, but the SL never changes.  They are battling the biggest strongest most powerful evil villain ever.  Several members of the team used to be the biggest strongest most powerful evil villain ever.  Everyone has abandonment issues, parental issues, they were abandoned by their parents, abandoned their child, had their child stolen, or a combination of all, AND the biggest strongest most powerful evil villain ever has the same issues.

It's a good thing Hook is so pretty to look at.

I like the idea of Emma and Hook eloping.

• Love 14

I'm guessing the lack of response so far is because everyone is rewinding to watch the "pancake" scene again.  My oh my.

I get that Charms wants Emma to get married when everything is settled but this is also the guy that told her she needed to "live" in the moments between battles.  I'm also not sure why they'd be postponing a wedding when they got engaged the night before.

Loved Snows wedding book!

I guess Zelena made a good sacrifice but we'll probably find out later it didn't matter so...

• Love 8

I was shocked that Snow snarked at Regina about the curse - I truly thought she was no longer allowed to say anything mean to her.   Of course all I could think was that she should really point out that Regina stole Emma's childhood (via the curse) so she could shut it about the wedding.  But that might just have been me. 

Charming continues to be the parent Emma really missed out on having.  His explanation of why he wasn't in a hurry to have the wedding was heartbreaking - and actually put Emma before the town and their need for hope.  Take a few notes Snow.  And learn to knock!  Once again Emma is close to some - happiness - and you mess it up. 

The writers really have no idea what to do with Belle do they?  Why on earth would she an Zelena interact given Zelena's desire to kill Rumple (and his to kill her)?  Oh, and a big - shut. up. Belle.   There was no reason you couldn't have asked for help with the Blue Fairy when you went to warn Emma about your spawn being back and wanting to kill her.  Oh, wait. 

I found myself wondering if I might have had more use for the Evil Queen if Bex had been cast instead of LP - I enjoy her so much more than LP and find her hurt little girl undercurrent much more believable.  Regina needs to tone down the holier than thou routine - it really, really doesn't work when you have destroyed whole villages - and still have a vault full of hearts,

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
  • Love 7

Pancakes! Woohoo! See, writers? Look at the response you get when you add in domestic scenes instead of just plot, plot, plot.

The rest was meh for me. For another week in a row, we had an overly contrived storyline that didn't seem organic.

• Love 11

Well, we finally saw Hook at home without his jacket on.

Between this show and Haven, it appears that pancakes are the sexiest breakfast food.

I don't understand how having magical powers makes someone a freak in a land ruled by good witches.

I liked Zelena giving up her power, but the flashback otherwise was a total waste. It's pointless to do these when the outcome is so obvious. We already know that Zelena kept on being wicked and that she didn't give up her power to save a friend. These only work when there's an unexpected twist or a new revelation that changes the way we see things, and we didn't get that here.

If Snow had an entire binder of wedding ideas, you'd think there would have been more actual planning -- like having a venue picked, not having to try to visualize different ones. There is a church in town, you know, the one where Blue was lying in state the last time she was mostly dead. Is that such a wacky idea? Wouldn't you think of that before the town diner?

Both actresses playing Zelena have a lot of spark and charisma. It's a pity they don't seem to know what to do with the character.

• Love 3

Man, Alex Desert (Tin Man)!  Still remember you from Becker!  He did a good enough job in the role, even if I guess he's a statute for good now, unless there is some other way to get him out of the spell.  I did think he the character came off a little daft that he was so surprised that Zelena was... well, wicked, despite everyone knowing she is the "Wicked Witch of the West" now.

I swear, I don't know how this show does it, but anytime there is focus on Zelena and Regina, I somehow end up being bad for the former and I really, really shouldn't.  But it just brings up this bizarre superiority from Regina which is just not earned, in my opinion.  And, yes, Zelena was dumb and got her ass played big time, but really, everyone on this show (even ones I love), acts like an idiot at one point or another, so Regina all "Why don't you just leave, you useless twit?!", just makes her come off like a complete asshole.  Which would make sense if she was all Evil Queen still, but this Regina is suppose to be new and improved.  Yeah, no.

Even though it was for show, I did get a kick out of Charming's version of an obsessed father of the bribe, who wants a wedding to be the biggest spectacle possible.  Plus, using Snow's date with Dr. Whale as an excuse to not do it at Granny's was so unexpected, that it made me laugh out loud.  But I'm glad he finally confessed that it was because he wants Emma to have a wedding without the fear of Black Fairy crashing the party, and Emma agreed.  Although, I still wouldn't be surprised if she and Hook do elope.  Especially if it involves pancakes!

Henry can't change Emma's fate, it seems.

I noticed that whenever the Black Fairy giggled, it sounded the exact same way that Jaime Murray did it in Defiance with Stahma, which delighted me.  Still enjoying her a lot.  Which means, of course, next week will be a backstory episode, that will likely make her less fun.  What happen to just the plain, fun evil villains?!! 

I do wonder how they will go forward with a powerless Zelena.

Two scenes and done for Robert Carlyle!  Not a bad week's worth of work!

Wow, I was out of the loop, and had no clue there were going to do a musical episode.  This being an ABC show, they're probably just going to make people remember and mourn Galavant.  It's like every genre show is jumping on this bandwagon.  If The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones ever do it, it has gone past being completely out of hand....

• Love 5

I loved Emma & Hook making pancakes, seeing Black throw Gina around like a rag doll, and Snow snarking on for Gina cast the (first) curse.  Otherwise, meh.

Of course Black is yet another villain with a fucking sob story.  

Why arent Jafar, Cruella, and Tremaine the final villains?

• Love 8

Both actresses playing Zelena have a lot of spark and charisma. It's a pity they don't seem to know what to do with the character.

Honestly, Bex does Redeemed!Zelena much better than the Wicked Witch. She's very sympathetic. I just want to watch her attempt to win the trust of the townspeople, without magic, and make friends. Screw her sister.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 6

How had Dorothy already come and gone from Oz without the Tin Man having been "created" yet?  And apparently the Cowardly Lion was running around by himself, too, without having ever met Dorothy.  These flashbacks/retcons confuse me so.

Zelena was annoying as always.  Although just about everyone on the show annoys me at this point.  It would be easier to make a list of who doesn't annoy me.  Emma and (usually) Hook?  I think that's the list!  Zelena and Regina looked ridiculous running around in the tunnels.  The Black Fairy is full of scenery chewing.  Plus she could have just killed Z and R and made her "battle" easier, but instead she poofs them back out of the tunnels.

Gideon is a dolt (even though he's supposed to have an excuse).  Even Gold comes off as a dolt.  Belle has always been a dolt, but she annoys me even more since she became a mother.

Hah, Blue being referred to as useless.  Yes, yes she is.

35 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Because two of them are dead and the third is in prison.

Jafar isn't dead, he was turned into a staff.  As shown in OUATIW, you don't die when that happens, and it can be reversed.

But yeah, I don't know how Cruella could possibly be a final villain when she's stuck in the Underworld.

Edited by Inquirer

More pancakes. please. Seriously that was so fun not just because it was hot and I am shallow, but because it was so completely unexpected. I really didn't think we would get a 'fuck the pancakes' reaction there, so the fact that we did just made it more fun. Nice play, show. This is why I keep showing up. I get these tidbits that keep pulling me back.

zelena and Regina were ok, fun seeing Black Fairy just own them magic-ly. Back story for Zelena explained this weeks magical contrivance, so good? I guess? I like the young Zelena actress and Bex when she isn't so over the top vamping it up.

Josh just keeps selling me on Daddy Charming. Love it.

• Love 5

Well, I enjoyed an episode focused on Zelena because at least it's something different. While I applaud Zelena's noble sacrifice, I would personally would've gone to Oz to find my tin man friend instead of sticking in Storybrooke because  of...Regina. Can't the heroes ever NOT be set up by the villains? Will they ever learn not to fall in their traps instead of winning last minute because of some random magical object?   

I loved the wedding planning plot, it's nice to have a domestic storyline that's about the characters. I may have rewatched the pancakes scene a few times...

Oh look, the Black Fairy has a sad backstory. Shocker. Why can't we have more Cruellas? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I'm just waiting for the season to end.

Me, too. I checked on Wikipedia right after this just to reassure myself that there was thankfully only 3 more eps (technically 4 since the finale is two hours). The good thing is that the Zelena episode, musical episode, and CS wedding are all here at the end to give me hope to make it through the rest of this trainwreck season.

I laughed at the Excalibur in Vegas suggestion. Surprised the others, especially Hook didn't ask "what's that?" I guess Hook, Snow and Charming are now up to date on Las Vegas hotels? I actually would love an episode of them going to Vegas, for me to see the reaction from Hook. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I laughed at the Excalibur in Vegas suggestion. Surprised the others, especially Hook didn't ask "what's that?" I guess Hook, Snow and Charming are now up to date on Las Vegas hotels? I actually would love an episode of them going to Vegas, for me to see the reaction from Hook. 

I wanted that to happen as soon as it was brought up. That would be awesome! Just to see them all in Vegas and Hook's reaction. 

• Love 3

I hate that Zelena and not Regina and Rumple had to give up all her magic.   I always felt that Heavy dark magic users should lose their ability to use magic before they could be deemed good.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, kitticup said:

I hate that Zelena and not Regina and Rumple had to give up all her magic.   I always felt that Heavy dark magic users should lose their ability to use magic before they could be deemed good.

It's not like they can suddenly do light magic...oh wait...unless you can even without a heart.. (nope..not over that)

I actually shed a few tears when Zelena gave up her magic..then i remembered she murdered Marion in cold blood and used a glamour spell to rape Robin....so those tears dried pretty damn quick.

Edited by PixiePaws1
Spelling...*sigh*
  • Love 7

I thought this episode was pretty good. I liked having focus on Zelena after having none for the majority of the season. I also enjoyed the dynamic between her and the Black Fairy. Zelena giving up her magic to turn the crystals back was a nice callback to the time she refused to do so to help a friend in the past.  The flashbacks could have been better though since Stanum/The Tinman wasn’t that interesting of a character. My favorite part of the episode was definitely the wedding planning. The Captain Swan scene at the beginning was excellent! We were going to get CS sexy times until Snow had to interrupt. Also, Killian wasn’t wearing his jacket for once. He should do that more often, he looked extra handsome in that scene. On that same note, Emma also looked more beautiful this episode. They are both good-looking people in general, but this episode had them looking extra fine (probably due to the post-engagement glow). As far as the actual planning went, not much came of it except they decided to postpone it until the time is right. I really liked Killian’s idea of having the wedding on the Jolly Roger and David’s idea of going back to the EF and having it in the castle.

• Love 2

In a season where the number of "good" episodes can be counted on one hand, this episode was actually near the top of the crop.  This was despite the utter predictability of the flashbacks and the tiresome main current storyline with Zelena being gullible and doing exactly what The Black Fairy wanted.

What made the difference was that Zelena still had a milestone to achieve, and she actually got to do it - making a sacrifice and losing her magic.  That was a big deal for her, so even though she's not my favorite character, she was easy to root for and this development actually meant something.  They went overboard with Regina being totally hostile until the end, though.

The Snow/Charming wedding debacle was clunky, but at least it resulted in one nice Emma/Snow scene, a nice Charming moment, and felt like an appropriate conflict that could have arisen over the timing of the wedding.  That's as close to "real life" as we're ever going to get.  

"As much as I love our unexpected visits", Emma said to Snow.  Is that a joke?  Or was that all happening off-screen?

So Blue knew The Black Fairy's deep dark secret all this time, and she didn't spill?  Why wouldn't The Black Fairy have put Blue out of commission immediately when Gideon got to town?  This is either really bad planning, or they came up with The Black Fairy's backstory after.

Zelena is changed now, but she WAS terrorizing Munchkin villages and she wasn't "pretending", as BFF Tin Man was implying.  

Who is "The Wicked Witch of the North" who made the Tin Man into tin?  Where did Glinda's "girls" go anyway?  Did new evil witches come to Oz?   

The Big Bad Lion was scary until he wasn't.  Huh?

It's pretty sad when a middle-of-the-road episode like this was probably one of the Top 5 episodes this season.  I really hope the momentum is now up and the quality will remain slightly elevated until the end.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, oncebluethrone said:

Also, Killian wasn’t wearing his jacket for once. 

Well looks like Emma pinched his robe so he couldn't just throw that on to come downstairs...no idea why he bothered with the waistcoat..didn't look like had plans to go out of the house..:o)

• Love 3

So I almost felt bad for Zelena by the end of it. When Reggie's all you've got, you are well and truly f*cked.

My friend coined a new term For R & Z (Z & R?): they're "Narssisisters!"

Colin's face is so delightfully expressive.

Edited by Dianthus
cuz
  • Love 8

When will the stars align so the final battle can begin to cleave?

Pancake scene was so hot. Why did we not get more of those domestic scenes???? Pancakes are the new tacos.

• Love 15

Why was David asking how many magic beans it would take for them to get back to the Enchanted Forest?  Couldn't they just use The Apprentice's Wand?  Or any random crystal in the Mines?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Boring and pointless flashbacks aside, I liked this episode. It's nice when an obvious time killing filler episode is fun to watch.

Some notes:

- The actress who plays Young!Zelena is still good. I do wonder how Zelena got a British accent when everyone else in Oz has a North American one though.

- The B-plot was a relevant, yet character driven story and it allowed for some fun and family moments. Did someone drug the writers and slip this plot into the script without their knowledge? *Willfully ignoring last week's horrific retcon and screaming internally at Snow for talking about missing all of Emma's milestones*

- Still could not care less about Henry and his author powers. 

- Regina was a raging bitch in this episode, so I was delighted to see Gideon throw her around like a rag doll. More, please!

- Zelena giving up her powers was really nice. It's really truly sad that all she's got is Regina, the aforementioned raging bitch. When this gets over I hope she takes Pistachio and makes a nice life for herself with a fresh start in New York City.

- I kind of adore Hook for not trying to make Snow feel at all comfortable about barging in on their breakfast table sex. His "yes!" to her about interrupting and very clearly annoyed expression gave me joy. Hasn't Snow ever heard of knocking? That's not her house.

- How many times did they say "final battle" in this episode? Did you know that there's going to be a final battle? I think we need further reminders that the final battle is coming. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

How many times did they say "final battle" in this episode? Did you know that there's going to be a final battle? I think we need further reminders that the final battle is coming. 

Was it you or @Curio who used to do the season-counts of buzz-words (cleave, darkness, etc.)? Anyone done it this half-season for "final battle"? 

27 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

*Willfully ignoring last week's horrific retcon and screaming internally at Snow for talking about missing all of Emma's milestones*

Same. 

Edited by Rumsy4
9 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Because two of them are dead and the third is in prison.

Jafar and Cruella can easily be un-staffed and ressurected via :insert this week's magical macguffin objects here:, and then they can break Tremaine out of prison.  

And then instead of another fucking sob story, when we find out why they're villains, the respective answers are power, it's fun, and money. 

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

So The Black Fairy wasn't mad that Gideon disobeyed her, eh?  They mentioned it in the Rumbelle scenes, but it's irrelevant in the mine tunnels scenes.  

Weren't they trying to imply at some point that Regina was more powerful than Zelena?  Clearly, that wasn't the case in this episode.

The Oz bullies were afraid of the axe, but not afraid of Zelena throwing the axe at them with her magic?

Henry has been trying to change things AGAIN but "it didn't work"?  Do people never learn their lessons?

Its a sad state of affairs when this rather middle of the road episode is still one of the best they've had in awhile.

The Zelena flashbacks were pointless and kind of dull, but at least it allowed for Zelena to really show some development, and her giving up her magic actually does seem like a real sacrifice to show how much she's changed. I hope she goes back to Oz at help her Tin Man friend. I do question how he fits into the continuity on the show. When exactly did Dorothy go on her adventure as an adult? When did she meet her friends? When did another one of the witches turn evil? And, bigger question, why was Zelena British as a kid, but Australian as an adult? And why does everyone else in Oz have North American accents? I know the accents in Once are usually totally random, but this seems really noticeable. I will say, Zelena certainly does seem to be one of the better parents on the show, sadly. This is episode how many without a baby Neal sighting?

The parts of the episode I really liked were the wedding planning scenes and the Captain Swan stuff, which is honestly what this show has been missing for ages. It had nothing to do with the plot, it was actual character stuff, which was wonderful to actually see! I loved Snow as the meddling mom/mother in law, Charming as the "no, my little girl deserves something BIGGER" father of the bride, with Hook and Charming just hanging off each other looking alternately bemused and irritated by all the bickering and planning. Plus, that pancakes scene was all kinds of sexy. Damn it Snow! Learn to knock, mom! I also enjoyed their actual reasons for wanting the wedding or not wanting the wedding, and I thought Charming made the most sense here. Waiting to have the wedding until after the Fairy drama is probably for the best.

Loved that Hook wanted to get married at sea. I feel like if he doesn't get to get married on the Jolly Roger, he would be totally fine with eloping. And even though Charming was just making excuses, I can totally understand not wanting his daughter to get married at Granny's. Yeah its cute, but they hang out there all the time. Its not exactly special.  

Don't care about Henrys author powers. Why oh WHY would the show want to bring back that stupid plot point? I don't want to be reminded of one of its most interesting ideas that they tossed away.

Next week, its time for Black Fairy Sob Story. So not looking forward to that.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

I only watch every once in a while, but the SL never changes.  They are battling the biggest strongest most powerful evil villain ever.  Several members of the team used to be the biggest strongest most powerful evil villain ever. 

Yeah, the show ran into a problem a long time ago because they can't seem to break free of their formula of "heroes vs. villains." You can only have so many Big  Bads before you start contradicting yourself. At this point, Rumple is supposed to have absorbed the powers of every Dark One since time immemorial, and is the personification of Darkness itself. He should be the most powerful dark magic worker in the known universe. EXCEPT . . . the Black Fairy, apparently. Which makes no sense. You can't present someone as the biggest, baddest, most powerful force of evil in the world and then turn around and go "oh, uh, except for this one new character. And this one. And this one. And this one too. Wait, this one too." That's what the show keeps doing and I'm tired of it. 

I wish they could have figured out that they could have utilized all their beloved villains in a less grandiose way and furthered the present day storyline at a more acceptable pace. Instead, every season nobody's lives ever move forward because the entire town is under constant threat of annihilation by the latest villain du jour. It's no wonder ratings have fallen so far, why can't they figure out how stale the show has gotten? A shiny new villain every season or every half season isn't going to keep us engaged. 

They have struggled to keep Zelena relevant ever since her first story arc ended and it's painfully obvious. I get that they love Rebecca Mader and hey, I like her too, but at some point a character has run its course. You can't just keep "redeeming" all of them so you can keep them on the roster. They still serve no function after awhile. My advice to this show is the same as Elsa's: Let it Go.

• Love 6

Loved all the Charming/Jones wedding planning interactions.  (And Emma making pancakes, of course!) Wish we'd had more of those type scenes (Emma and Hook, Emma and Snow, and even Charming and Henry talking in the loft) all season instead of waiting until the end.  

I also enjoyed Zelena calling Regina out for blaming her for Robin's death and voicing what many complained about on here - how she killed her true love Hades to save Regina's life.  And of course, redeemed hero Regina rolls her eyes.  

I thought the tin man story was pretty cool - and could still fit in with the Wizard of Oz story with which we are all familiar.  I really like young Zelena.  I think her flashbacks make her a much more sympathetic character than Regina flashbacks.  Regina's apology at after Zelena gave up all her magic to help was pretty pathetic.  I hope Zelena's magic isn't completely gone.  What happened to the heart anyway?

I visibly shuddered and barely managed to suppress the urge to vomit when Belle hugged Rumple at the beginning (I did make a gagging noise - sorry, couldn't help it) because he'd 'done what he had to do to save their son'.  Uh - No, Belle.  Stealing Blue's magic, putting her in a coma, and then not telling anyone - is not the Good, 'hero' thing to do.  If he just wanted to save Gidiot, why didn't Rumple put him under a sleeping curse/coma/in Pandora's Box until they figured out how to defeat the BF by going to Emma (you know, The Freaking Savior?) and Regina et. al.?  Gee - then Gidiot couldn't have opened the portal and let the BF through. 

23 hours ago, Worsel said:

Once again a magic wand (fragment) can open a portal to another realm.

Do you mean the Oz tornado which Zelena summoned?  I thought she used the dark crystal for that.  Which, brings up other problems, like it used to be only the sorcerer's (or was it the BF's?) wand which could summon an Oz tornado.

23 hours ago, hockeycat400 said:

Pancakes....heh! 

Pancakes are the new tacos.  ;)

Kind of gives a different perspective to Emma fixing pancakes when Hook showed up in NY though.  :)

23 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

* The Mills family uses magic from the air. How can you strip their magic? Was Zelena inherently magical this whole time like Emma?!

I thought Zelena was inherently magical?  

22 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

If The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones ever do it, it has gone past being completely out of hand....

I don't know - I'd be down for some dancing zombies!  (Though MJ's Thriller probably did it best)

• Love 1

I thought Zelena was inherently magical?  

There's no continuity there either. Cora and Regina had to learn magic from Rumple. But Zelena was born with magic and figured out how to use it herself? OK then. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

I actually would love an episode of them going to Vegas

Can people leave Storybrooke now? I can't keep up. If they can, then why the hell are they staying there? 

I kept getting distracted by Charming's new brown jacket version of his black jacket and then my mind goes back to wondering how they get stuff in Storybrooke if the town is cloaked and no one comes there. I've been having a hard time focusing lately. LOL

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

It was never stated in the canon. She was meant to be just a prodigy.

It was though, she used magic as a baby when she arrived in Oz.

1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Do you mean the Oz tornado which Zelena summoned?  I thought she used the dark crystal for that.  Which, brings up other problems, like it used to be only the sorcerer's (or was it the BF's?) wand which could summon an Oz tornado.

It was my understanding that this was a fragment of a wand, not a crystal.  But maybe it was a crystal - got very confusing through the episode as one black thing looked much like another.

Edited by Worsel