Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

I'm glad Chris went home before he hurt himself. Hope Charo goes next before she hurts the judges.

Heather leaves me cold. Len is super cranky. Mr. T seems really sweet, and I'm loving the pitcher.

• Love 16

Good LORD.  We've seen some odd balls on this show but Charo was...a new one.  (That's the best I can say without being really mean.)  At least Bruno met his match when it comes to nonsensical word play.

Dances that stood out: David (it wasn't great but the enthusiasm was EVERYTHING), Heather, Normani, Rashad.  The rest were middling at best (missed Nancy's.)  

Sorry Chris.  I don't blame him for saying that his surgery should have been mentioned last week.  It wouldn't have done much other saving him a week, but the injury should have been discussed. 

• Love 7

I'm glad Charo avoided the boot tonight. In fact, I hope she stays for a good long while. Not because I think she's the best and deserves to win, but she probably drives the producers up the wall with her craziness and yelling and interrupting the judges and hosts and I like that.

There were times tonight that I wondered if I was watching the same dances as the judges. Mr. Handsy, the bull rider, seemed rather squatty and stompy during their dance but they praised it to high heaven. All right then. 

The Fifth Fourth Harmony girl doesn't interest me in the least. She's kinda bland, doesn't feel genuine, and is just there. So of course she'll make it far. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

Wish this board was open during the live airing. I love reading everyone's salty shade in real time. My week 2 thoughts:

Nancy: she is decent, but needs to get her confidence going so she can open up on the dance floor.  

Real Housewife: incredibly annoying. 

Charo: needs to calm her nipples. I get she's hyped, but constantly dogging on Bruno, I can't get down with that. Keo deserves an award just for putting up with her. 

The bachelor: meh. I neither love nor hate him at this point. Pretty forgettable. 

Glee girl: I will never understand why judges rip contestants apart for choreography. Hope Maks is back soon because I would've loved to hear the salt he threw around when Len was talking. She's still forgettable for me though. 

Bonner: I'm not a fan of when they push the "relationshits" with the casual cuts to the hand holding. I don't need all of that please vote for us because we're in love nonsense, but I like him. He seems like a sweet guy. Maybe I just like his grandma. 

Simone: I just can't root for a gymnast to win again this season. 

Chris: byeeeeeee. 

Normani: not going to lie, I like her. I think she will go pretty far if all that travel doesn't destroy her first. 

Rashad: slowly becoming my favorite. He has the sweetest personality and seems completely humble. He's one of the only people this season that keeps my attention when he dances. 

Mr. T: I feel like Kim just stole that routine from Mark's catalog. I like him though, he puts a lot of effort in and you can tell he wants it. 

David: I love his personality, and hope he stays on just to spread some positive light around. I can't give Lindsey enough credit, she's really great at choreographing to her partner. I just find him charming and adorable. 

Also, Len needs to get laid. 

Edited by Beyoncheyyy
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ptuscadero said:

Geez, I was a little embarrassed by the Sore Loser exit speech. Didn't seem necessary.

Agreed! Chris appears to be rare among contestants on this show in that he seemed to want special scoring favors due to his physical limitations, rather than wanting to earn his scores.

• Love 8

Quick thoughts-

Still most interested in Heather, Nick, Rashad, and Nancy. I think both Nick and Nancy have great potential, though tonight uncovered a lot of Nick's issues out of hold. Rashad is super smooth and that's traditionally a good thing in this show. Heather is just above everyone else, Simone included. For giving Simone some competition alone I'm glad she's on this season.

Gleb, please dial back on "teh sexxxxy". Erika has more potential in the standard dances, but she's definitely going to be held back if Gleb insists everything be super sexual.

David's laugh at the end of his dance was the best "holy f*uck I did it" reaction. He can stay on his attitude alone.

Mr T just seems sweet. Probably not the best descriptor for a Paso, but whatever. I kinda love his intentions even if his dancing sucks. That's worth a few weeks, at least, especially if he continues to try.

Charo just needs... a sedative. I'm exhausted and tired of her and I only have to watch her for 10 minutes. Keo  must have really wanted that paycheck ... or he's hoping she gets him some points with tptb for am future seasons. "Hey, remember when I put up with Charo?" Also, what's her beef with Bruno and his accent? It's not really funny.

• Love 6

I could watch Heather and Normani all show. They are just so much better than everyone else and it's not even close. I know they are scoring Heather on a curve so I didn't mind the 6 from Len. Keep giving her the 6 Len, as long as we get the solo dance break every time. Normani, not as good technique but I enjoy watching her perform. I dig Nancy and Artem though, that is a good pairing. I think after 24 seasons I just want to watch good dancing. I'm over the hyping up of the athletes.

• Love 7

Week 2 Here we go!

Nancy:  Nice! A little balance issue at the end. Her spins are beautiful but also had moments where she didn't seem completely over her feet. She had no problem bringing on the sexiness, but keeping it classy.  Same scores as last week. I wouldn't have minded one 8.

Erika:  Didn't like this. Too much focus on being provocative and not so much on foxtrot.  It just seemed trashy - but I guess that's Gleb's speed. Surprised all the judges liked it. Scored too high for my liking - Nancy did more actual dance (as opposed to Erika's posing) for the same score? Annoying.

Charo: I liked the parts she did on her own but she seemed to lose it when she got in hold.  She has the ability to do authentic Flamenco (which I believe is a relative of Paso Doble) but Keo didn't seem to know what to do with it, other than stepping away for a moment.  I don't think there was much Paso in there but it was entertaining.  I also wondered if she just couldn't remember Keo's choreography.  She needs to cool it when she gets in front of the judges and Erin - she looks like a two-year-old having a tantrum.  And never let her walk off with a live mic!   Sixes were fine but the seven was too high.  I'm not amused by her theatrics - she's been on enough tv shows to understand she can't just run over the rest of production.

Nick:  Rushing, off balance, rear-end sticking out, clompy feet, but he's trying.  He really looked annoyed when Len was talking.  I'm not sure if he's got "excited puppy syndrome" or "too full of himself syndrome".  Agree with the judges that Peta needs to simplify her choreography a bit. Scores: the 7s were too high, the 5 was ridiculous but the total 25 came out about right.

Heather:  Man! That was fast.  The beginning seemed like she was ahead of the beat. Not sure what that middle section was with Hayley and Brit.  After she returned with Alan, it was really good.   I think the biggest problem was the choreography - there was no chance to breathe at the beginning.  I thought it funny how she "waved away" Len's comments.  Maybe not the smartest thing to do.  Scores: once again Len made the total come out right (like a 7-7-8-8).

Bonner:  Ok. A little clompy-footed. I not buying the "chemistry" - they're trying too hard (it was so natural with James last season).  Also too many stops and gos - no fluidity.  Scored waaaay too high. Again, Len helps correct the total but there's only so much he can do.

Simone:   I didn't care for the floor routine at the beginning.  Sasha has it right though - she's doing steps, she's doesn't seem to be connecting with this.  A bit out of sync.  Scores were okay.

Chris: I just don't know what to make of this guy.  He seemed to be making an effort.  (I'd never seen his Roxbury dance that last week's dance was apparently based on, so I didn't get it.).  Maybe he's just too physically busted up for this?   Scores were a bit generous but I suspect he'll be leaving very soon.

Normani:  I do not like that stage with the audience clustered around and we're supposed to see the dance through all the waving arms.  First thought is...what's he hiding? Her footwork?  It looked a bit simplified and I really have no sympathy for jetlag. She knew her schedule before signing up for this.  Scores are ok. I do think she has the potential to be one of the better dancers this season but Val needs to step up the choreography.  I want to see something amazing from her.  Eh! Maybe if she's still around once her tour is over.

Rashad:  Nice! Loved the choreography.  His feet looked a bit odd, almost like he was sliding instead of actually stepping. But otherwise, great job. Agree with the scores.

Mr. T:  A bit of a take-off on Mark & Paige's S22 Paso? He did good though. Very simplified but I think he got all his steps.  Scores were ok. 5 seemed a little harsh, but what can you do.

David:  What's with putting hip hop into these dances tonight? Didn't care for the choreography and did I see a lift in there?  Sorry. Didn't see much cha cha and didn't much care for this. Scores were maybe a point too high.

I don't think the elimination is a surprise to anyone.

• Love 3

The first thought after watching that is annoyance that Charo wasn't sent home. I love entertainment but she is too annoying for me. Praying she goes home next week, it's getting embarrassing to watch. Keo isn't the best pro and doesn't have a clue how to handle her, meaning poor Tom has to deal with her. 

• Love 14

Glad Kattan got the boot. He seemed like such a sourpuss. And that exit speech was...I don't know it rubbed me the wrong way. I get why he said it but still.  

I think Heather was criminally underscored by Len. Good lord he's such an ass. 

Still loving Rashad, and even though I hate the cubs (sad Indians fan here) the catcher is really charismatic and fun to watch and I always feel like Lindsay let's her celebs shine. 

And holy crap Charo is batshit crazy. 

• Love 6

I loved that Len called out professional dancer Heather for doing hip hop in the middle of her Jive.  Len was that only one who was right.

And please go away Charo.  She is worse than I though and I have disliked her "act" for years.

The highlights were Rashad, David and Nancy.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Hope Charo goes next before she hurts the judges.

My mother will be very disappointed to find out Charo was not eliminated. She called me right after Charo got her scores asking who that crazy woman was and when is she leaving. Good times. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Agreed! Chris appears to be rare among contestants on this show in that he seemed to want special scoring favors due to his physical limitations, rather than wanting to earn his scores.

But we didn't know about the surgery, which makes all the difference in the world! Because we couldn't tell that dude's body was clearly giving up on him from the way he was standing or something. It's so inspirational! Excuse me while I wipe away a tear at how very brave it is to shuffle in place on the dance floor.

Not exactly comparable but I have a metal plate and screws in one arm. I'm not supposed to ride roller coasters (and I really miss them). If I ride one, will someone show up to call me inspirational and cry about how brave I am? Because I'm totally cool with that if they bring some of those cinnamon sugar mini-donuts for me at the same time.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, Uke said:

Heather:  Man! That was fast.  The beginning seemed like she was ahead of the beat. Not sure what that middle section was with Hayley and Brit.  After she returned with Alan, it was really good.   I think the biggest problem was the choreography - there was no chance to breathe at the beginning.  I thought it funny how she "waved away" Len's comments.  Maybe not the smartest thing to do.  Scores: once again Len made the total come out right (like a 

I thought the dismissive hand wave was arrogant and rude. Does Beyonces backup dancer think she's beyond critiques?

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 7

I like to be entertained as much as anyone else but I am finding this season very boring.  

I like Rashad and David. They are not the greatest dancers but they are learning and that is what this show is suppose to be about. People with no or little dance experience. So I will root for the underdogs, besides they have a very positive energy that I like.

Carrie Ann and Julianne need to cool their jets re: the bull fighter and all this relationship junk. I don't buy what they are selling, so please stop.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

I could watch Heather and Normani all show. They are just so much better than everyone else and it's not even close.

Well, both of them also have the most dance experience - which is not fair to the others.

• Love 7
Just now, ladylaw99 said:

I like to be entertained as much as anyone else but I am finding this season very boring.  

I like Rashad and David. They are not the greatest dancers but they are learning and that is what this show is suppose to be about. People with no or little dance experience. So I will root for the underdogs, besides they have a very positive energy that I like.

Carrie Ann and Julianne need to cool their jets re: the bull fighter and all this relationship junk. I don't buy what they are selling, so please stop.

I actually disagree with with one thing you mention. Rashad is a great dancer, the best male by far. If anyone can break the female juggernaut, make the final and potentially even win, it's him.

• Love 2

Charo is ridiculous. It is a old, sad act. There is not one funny thing about it. 

Chris seemed really old and frail to me. I thought the accident must have happened recently. Something else must be going on. He seems like a miserable human being. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, escape said:

Well, both of them also have the most dance experience - which is not fair to the others.

That's why both Heather and Normani are being severely underscored. To make everything fair. Which since this show isn't really about dancing anyway it evens out. People just vote for who they like. Rarely do they vote for the best dancer. Personally I'd rather watch those two than Mr. T and Charo. But that's the beauty of the cast, something for everyone.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I thought the dismissive hand wave was arrogant and rude. Does Beyonces backup dancer think she's beyond critiques?

It was incredibly rude of her.  Sorry, but she's not all that.  I had never heard of her before this show.  And being associated with Beyonce is not impressive.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I guess, but it's gotten to the point where I'm with Heather. When you can do jazz, or not-contemporary, or add in the troupe every week, or get a ten from Carrie Ann or Julianne or Bruno with the comment of "it wasn't an (insert dance style here) but I loved it!!" ... then what's the point? I'm resigned to the fact that Len cannot singlehandedly save the dancing on this show, so if you can't beat them ... join them.

Plus Maks and Derek and Mark and Tony have been handwaving the rules and Lens comments for seasons. It's nothing new.

• Love 14

I thought Normani was great, Val does awesome cha-cha choreos and this was no exception. Rashad was cool again. Heather was nice, I mostly didn't even notice Alan existed. Which was part choreography, I realize Maks designed it that way to make her the star of the routine, but I think with Maks it would have been more equal in that regard. Had to laugh at the hip hop break, Maks had to know Len would hate it, but put it in anyway LOL.

Nancy was solid! Yay! I was scared how she'd be in latin, but it was pretty neat! She needs more confidence when performing that sort of style, but it was a promising first effort. Also, that seems like a good partnership with her and Artem. DWTS put two people together here who seem suited personality-wise. Nancy is rather reserved, and I think she'd be a bit freaked with a "louder" pro. And she doesn't mind that he's strict, she's used to that. What I also find endearing is Artem LOL: It's obvious that he's thrilled that he's got a capable partner, but he's thrilled in a stoic Artem kind of way.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

Plus Maks and Derek and Mark and Tony have been handwaving the rules and Lens comments for seasons. It's nothing new.

But those guys are Professionals and Heather is......oh never mind...............

• Love 9
Just now, Emily-D said:

I actually disagree with with one thing you mention. Rashad is a great dancer, the best male by far. If anyone can break the female juggernaut, make the final and potentially even win, it's him.

I agree Rashad is a good dancer, I just meant that compared to the others with actual dance experience, he doesn't look as good, which I would expect from a non-dancer.  I see great potential for him and that is why I am rooting for him.  I think he has a good partner in Emma and I think he could get  far in this competition.

• Love 1

Reckon Nancy will be a shock boot next week - on first, middling scores, and a lesser fanbase than those below her.

And thank goodness Chris has gone - he's pretty much the embodiment of the "mid-life crisis".

Just now, katha said:

I thought Normani was great, Val does awesome cha-cha choreos and this was no exception. Rashad was cool again. Heather was nice, I mostly didn't even notice Alan existed. Which was part choreography, I realize Maks designed it that way to make her the star of the routine, but I think with Maks it would have been more equal in that regard. Had to laugh at the hip hop break, Maks had to know Len would hate it, but put it in anyway LOL.

Nancy was solid! Yay! I was scared how she'd be in latin, but it was pretty neat! She needs more confidence when performing that sort of style, but it was a promising first effort. Also, that seems like a good partnership with her and Artem. DWTS put two people together here who seem suited personality-wise. Nancy is rather reserved, and I think she'd be a bit freaked with a "louder" pro. And she doesn't mind that he's strict, she's used to that. What I also find endearing is Artem LOL: It's obvious that he's thrilled that he's got a capable partner, but he's thrilled in a stoic Artem kind of way.

Maks knew exactly what would happen that's why he covered Heather's eyes when Len was giving his score. You give the hip hop dancer the song with a hip hop dance break, what did people think was going to happen. That was all no surprise from the dance to Len's scores. I respect Len for sticking true to his guidelines most of the time. I also respect the choreographers that tailor the dance to the music they are given.

Nancy and Artem are my third favorite. Hope she is around for a while.

• Love 11

Witney couldn't manage to squeeze out any tears as she was "crying" about Chris' spinal injury.  I'm not crying, either, because of his exit.  Mr. T. will probably stay a little longer because he is a fan favorite and has a really good attitude.  As I said last week, Keo needs those DWTS handcuffs for Charo as soon as the dance ends!

Edited by Babalooie
  • Love 5

Heather is a very good dancer...but not so good she can just hand wave away criticism.

Rashad, Normani, and David were the most fun to watch tonight, IMO.    Erika, Bonner, and Charo the most annoying.  Simone was disappointing.

• Love 4

While I thought she was underscored last week, I thought Heather was over scored this week. It may just be that I'm not a fan of her style of dancing, but there's something about Heather's movement tonight that was really bugging me. I found her dancing a bit jerky and even awkward at times. And that is not even adding Maks' mediocre choreography to contend with. That was one of the most watered down Jives for a contestant that needs no watering down of the choreography. The dance break with the troupe was pointless and added nothing to the dance. I was in complete agreement with Len on that. 

As much as I find some of Heather's movements jerky, is how much I loved Normani's movement. Calling it right now that Normani might take this, unless she loses out by not having a big enough fanbase (I would assume her Fifth Harmony fans are voting, but if they are anything like the usual young fans other young contestants have had, well that may be a problem). But fanbase aside, she's in a prime spot right now - her immense experience has been overshadowed by all the talk of Heather being Beyonce's backup dancer, so people are barely focusing on just how much of a ringer she is as well. And then of course there's Simone, the top gymnast. But meanwhile, Normani will likely continue to kill it with the choreography and she has a great connection with Val while dancing, something that Simone is lacking or at least she was tonight. 

I felt like I was watching two people just doing their own thing while watching Simone and Sasha. There was very little connection and dance chemistry between them in my opinion and holy give it a rest with the gymnastics tricks Sasha. That got old very fast. I continue to not get the Bonner love AT ALL. Yeah Julianne didn't lie about keeping it simple because I swear I felt like I looked down and that dance was over and what little there was, dude still looked stiff and a bit stompy in my opinion. I did not see this amazing frame Carrie Ann and Julianne were talking about but whatever. 

The judges amused me when talking about how David took a step back from last week. No he didn't. He was just overscored last week, while this week they decided to call him out on the not so great dancing. I continue to forget Erika is even on this show and I totally missed Nancy and Artem. Nick does need to breathe a bit more through his movements and Peta has been guilty in the past in my opinion of being a bit too frenetic in her choreography but I thought that 5 from Len was unnecessarily harsh.

Finally, I do think Rashad is a good dancer and he and Emma have good chemistry but I just keep feeling like his technique isn't as great as the judges are making it out to be. I'm not the professional so I can't say what exactly it is but something just still feels off, like he's not extending enough, opening his chest up enough, etc. Good dancer though.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Hope Charo goes next before she hurts the judges.

My mother will be very disappointed to find out Charo was not eliminated. She called me right after Charo got her scores asking who that crazy woman was and when is she leaving. Good times. 

Gaaah, your mother is too young to know who Charo is? damn, I'm old! I remember seeing her on various TV shows when I was a kid. 

What happened with the wardrobe malfunction there? Did he blow out the crotch in his pants? I must have missed something. 

I'm feeling the baseball player. He looked so joyous when he was dancing. He might end up going far. 

• Love 4

My overall impressions from tonight:

- Nancy was much better at Latin than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. I hope she sticks around. I really enjoy her partnership with Artem. 

- Lindsay and Emma are the MVP female pros on this show for always working to their partners' strengths and managing to give them the correct pep talks to get them to step up. I love Lindsay and David's partnership and I think Rashad is the best of the male dancers. 

-  I think Nick is a far superior dancer to Bonner but the producers seem invested in whatever showmance Sharna and Bonner are selling so I am predicting many weeks of me yelling at my TV at his inflated scores. I actually like Sharna quite a bit but she gets more desperate for that mirrorball with each passing season that she doesn't win and it is not a good look. I agreed with the criticism of Nick's dance tonight which was more about Peta's choreography than Nick's dancing. It was way too frantic and not at all soft. Also, Peta looks fabulous for just having a baby but her dancing still seems to be behind a step or two. She didn't seem quite herself in tonight's dance either which led to it being a bit of a clunker overall. 

- I am not sure why someone would sign up for this show while they are on a tour of Asia with their singing group but Normani still managed to pull off a pretty fantastic dance tonight. They still have a ton of traveling to do this season ( I don't think they are done until the 2nd week of April so they'll be flying back and forth to Asia for at least this week and next) and I wonder how that will affect them as the season goes on. 

- Simone feels like Laurie the Sequel to me so far so I am sort of bored but maybe that will change as the season goes on and she gets more confidence about moving outside of her gymnastics bubble. She obviously has a lot of potential.

- Heather was great which is not at all surprising. She is a professional dancer. I am curious to see who will actually be choreographing Heather's next dance since Maks is leaving town tomorrow morning to get treatment on his calf. Usually the injured pro attends all the rehearsals and orchestrates everything for the fill in to do but that will be trickier if Maks is in Ohio. He seemed less than sure about his ability to come back at all so I have no idea how all of this will play out. I also thought her handwaving was a bit dismissive and rude. It is a little early in the season for that level of sass from the contestants. 

-Any one of Erika, Charo or Mr. T can go home next and that will be fine with me though I'd prefer Mr. T stick around from that trio. 

• Love 8

Thought this night was better than the premiere.

Top Favs: Normani was great and definitely more in her element tonight which shows. I'm excited to see what she can do when not travelling. I love Rashad too, he did better than I expected in standard. 

Mid favs: I'm calling David in the finals. He's charming, fits the demo, and is just fun to watch even when he's not dancing the best. I also like Nancy more than expected and appreciate how excited she is to be on the show. Her cha cha was pretty decent.

I like Simone & Heather but they both have the same thing to work on to different extent...Genuinely selling/feeling the dance, I Simone is cute but felt like she was just nailing the steps instead of feeling the dance. Heather I think sells the dance but idk it seems like she a performance face.

Charo is a mess, but my kind of mess.

Don't to much care about the rest at this point. Thought bonner was seriously over scored for that waltz that wasted about 30sec on a almost kiss.

• Love 5

Surprisingly I'm really enjoying Rashad, he seems to be having a great time and is trying. The next guy I like is the baseball player (David?), he is another one who is fun to watch and just having a good time.

Glad Chris got the boot and Charo needs to dial it down, if she has real Flamenco experience Keo should have incorporated it better. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

I loved that Len called out professional dancer Heather for doing hip hop in the middle of her Jive.  Len was that only one who was right.

Me too. Of course Heather was great at the breakdown section, Carrie Ann and Julianne, doing hip-hop like that is literally her job. I wonder if Maks choreographed it like that originally or Heather asked for it to be added, but either way it doesn't matter. Also, points to Len for addressing her as a "back-up dancer for Beyoncé" because every time that gets brought up it just brings it back that she doesn't belong on this show. IMO

• Love 11

Loved Nancy and I loved David, so I used Maximum votes for both of them.

Len was a little snitty tonight.

I thought the Housewife lady was dancing a Tango the way she was dressed like a whore.

Normani gives me Mel B vibes and I hope she goes the way of Mel B.

Charo irritated me this week, she needs to calm down.

So the dances this season last 2 seconds!???

Simone is a gymnast.  And dances like it.  Swayed back?  Quick moves?   Check.  She can't help it but still.   Over the gymnasts winning. 

• Love 5

Mr. T's son looks just like him!  I always fast forward through Rumbas cause I can't stand them, so didn't see rashad.  Love the baseball player, Mr. T has the right attitude, Nick needs to relax, but I like the personality he's bringing; I didn't see Heather doing a hand wave, but I forget how I interpreted it.  My final 3 right now?  Baseball player, Heather....?  I don't know.  I like a lot of the 'stars' this year.

• Love 1

I think it was right of Len to call out Heather, but not in the way he did it.

I imagine for most commercial hip hop/street jazz dancers that decide to go the entertainment route (not broadway or dance company), then doing back up for Beyonce is pretty much one of the most prestigious jobs you can get. Again, this is for dancers who CHOOSE to go the entertainment- non Broadway or dance company- route for a dance career. With that being said, if you have the training to get that kind of job and work on Glee for essentially her dancing, then she should have enough discipline in her training, and respect for the dance style she's been assigned, to remain loyal to what she's been assigned for that week. 

I think of Len would have framed it that way, it would have been more understandable. At the end of the day, Heather is a professional dancer and for Len to dismiss her experience, IMHO is a little rude. However, he's the judge and she's not so... this is what she signed up for, and there's at least one female contestant every year that gets a bad edit and a I guess it's her. 

• Love 3

Heather is the best dancer out of the contestants.  It's silly the mark her the same as everyone else because she is at the pro level.  

I though many of the dances were unrecognizable as jive, cha cha or even paso doble (Charo).  

I remember the good ol days when there were two types of dances per week and you could learn what they were supposed to look like.  Half the dances have backup dancers now that don't make any sense.

Erika needs to chill for abit.  Maybe she didn't realize you get judged on the show?  You can tell she hates the critique even when it's positive.

• Love 6

I don't know anything about how choreography works, but is it possible that Maks had something else in mind for the middle of the dance, but had to scrap t when he got hurt?  Maybe something they hadn't nailed down yet, or maybe he hadn't choreo'd that part yet, so he just threw in something she could do by herself?  Did they say when in the week he got hurt?

• Love 1

Nancy was surprisingly good in Latin, although Samba and Salsa could trip her up. I love her and Artem's partnership too they seem to get each other and Artem is thrilled he has a shot to get high scores and get deep in the season.

Nick was just there for me, the most forgettable one tonight. Bonner and Sharna's showmance nonsense is wearing incredibly thin and Rashad is the best male this season maybe the only guy to make the final. I just am not a fan of football guys on the show. There's almost one every season (or three like in S22) and they just do nothing for me.

David was a disappointing dance to end on. Normani should've been last, that was a wow dance to me. I can't wait until their tour stops and she can really rehearse and perfect a dance.

I loved Simone. OK, she seemed a bit timid in parts but overall it was a well pitched and well danced Cha Cha. Worthy of at least all 8's. The fact that Carrie Ann and Julianne gave Bonner 8's and not her is laughable.

Charo or Mr. T out next week likely. Erika maybe but she does have a bit of a following and got decent-ish scores.

Not really looking forward to Vegas night. Seems like a night of props, big sets, and extra dancers and it's too early for that.

• Love 3

Random thoughts:

All this talk of "chemistry" between Sharna and Bonner just shows how hard the TPTB are trying to sell it. I saw 100% more natural chemistry between Emma & Rashad. 

The jive part of Heather's dance was missing something for me. It felt like her she wasn't bending her knees enough..really getting into the kicks and flicks or something. It looked lightly placed? (not sure if this making sense but I guess I wanted more power in her jive).  I cut her some slack because she was dancing with Alan but I was expecting a Zendaya level jive (one of my fav jives on the show). It was very good but it didn't change my life. Choreo was meh. 

Nancy did very well in her cha cha. TBH I was expecting worse. But she needs to get a handle on her emotions. Crying because you got compliments? What is she going to do if Artem or the judges give her a tough critique? Is she going to make it? 

Gleb is turning into a one trick sex pony. Didn't he play a cop when he was a pro with that other housewife with the poodle?  Also after the dance when they were talking with Erin, it was weird to go from that overly sexualized foxtrot.....to getting a pink onesie for his pregnant wife. 

Simone has a rigidness to her dancing and movement that I think comes from gymnastics. She sometimes hits a line like she's sticking a landing. The steps are all there but the performance side is lacking. Also the part where they got on the floor in the middle of the routine felt random as did the head flip.

I loved Rashad and Normani tonight.  They both really were performing. I really enjoyed that.  David was cute...but I liked his QS much better that tonight. 

Everyone else was meh for me.

Edit: Normani had Beyonce level weave and it kept smacking Val in the face. She looked great but that's a lot of hair. 

Edited by RemoteControl88
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I don't know anything about how choreography works, but is it possible that Maks had something else in mind for the middle of the dance, but had to scrap t when he got hurt?  Maybe something they hadn't nailed down yet, or maybe he hadn't choreo'd that part yet, so he just threw in something she could do by herself?  Did they say when in the week he got hurt?

I believe the reports said that he got injured on Friday. 

I do get why Chris brought up his injury and why he questioned the reason for it not being shown last week. I think having all the knowledge might have given him a slightly better chance of sticking around. I personally think he was gone no matter what, but it would have helped the audience to consider why his routine was so bad last week. That being said, he clearly is unable to dance due to his injury and it looks like he's barely able to move at all. It really is a miracle that he was able to attempt some of those moves this time around. I don't think there was a chance for him regardless, but I guess he tried? 

Charo is not my cup of tea at all. I am not amused by her theatrics and her rushing to....do something to the judges was a little scary, planned out or not. I am praying that she goes next because she's way too much for me and I don't really know if I enjoy her dancing either. 

I think Normani has talent and her dance was great, but hearing about all of this traveling that her and Val have to do? If this is for the entire season, then I do think she's going to burn out in the next few weeks. It may be working now because it's just starting, but I do think it'll affect her performance sooner or later, so I worry about her getting to the finals. She has the potential to, but this multitasking is going to be hard on her. I don't know if other celebrities have had the same intensity in their careers where they've had to perform multiple times while still doing the show. 

I guess I liked Erika's dance this week more than last week's. I still want to see something less sexy from her. She can dance, but can she perform a dance that's not about sex appeal? I'd like to see that. I know she won't be going next week since she can dance, so at the very least, I just want a different type of performance from her if she's sticking around for a few weeks.

I'm definitely disappointed with Heather's dance, and also her dismissing Len's comments. I mean, sure he was a bit harsh and I think he needed to call it out in a different way, but I think she needed to just listen in this case since he had a valid point.  I do think she did what she could and it was good, but I think the choreography could have been better. I worry now about Maks' injury and how it will affect next week's performance. I don't think he's going to be back in time for next week's performance either. But yeah, I don't see her making the finals. The judges are making sure to remind everyone that she's a professional and I think that's going to hurt her more than anything. They're certainly not rooting for her to win, from my perspective.

I loved Nancy, Rashad, and David's dances a lot. I do think Nancy and David are going to be underrated favourites. Rashad is getting the right amount of praise. I think he is absolutely charming and a great dancer, and I want to see him make the finals. I also want to see David make it at least to the semi-finals. He could have definitely been given more to do from Lindsay this week, but I truly think he's got a lot going on, and he's a joy to watch. 

Simone's not that impressive to me. I actually want her to be the shocking elimination, now that Heather won't be all that shocking. I agree with Sasha that she doesn't seem to be feeling the dance or committing to it. She's just going through the motions and hitting the steps, but that's about it. 

Gawd, Bonner is going to get far, isn't he? He's just not that great. I'd rather Nick than him. Nick and Peta's dance may have been clunky at times, but he certainly has the talent to become a better dancer. Bonner doesn't really have anything going for him, and he still has zero chemistry with Sharna. They keep talking about this chemistry, but I'm not seeing it; there's no joy or emotion in his eyes when he dances. The judges actually need to shut up about Bonner now, because the more they praise him, the more I hate it. They are overscoring him to the point where I'm wondering if other people are noticing how bad he really is. I mean, he's not truly terrible, but he's not as good as they're saying he is. 

Also, Bonner keeps doing this weird and distracting thing where his hand is semi-permanently glued to his side when it's not being used. I know it's the country in him, but it's mega distracting to me.

I need Charo, Mr. T, and Erika to be the next gone in that order. Then, in my dreams, Bonner would leave next. 

• Love 6

What is Heather supposed to do while Len goes on one of his rants? Bend over and take it? I didn't see her wave as disrespectful; she was responding to what was a veritable tirade that could've been much more respectful in nature itself. Yet, we blame the person being "constructively" criticized. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Stitsch said:

What is Heather supposed to do while Len goes on one of his rants? Bend over and take it? I didn't see her wave as disrespectful; she was responding to what was a veritable tirade that could've been much more respectful in nature itself. Yet, we blame the person being "constructively" criticized. 

I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between waving your hand dismissively at a critique and "bending over and taking it." Whether she likes it or not, she signed up for this and sometimes the critiques are going to be harsh. Just take the comments and then rant in private. Waving her hand dismissively just makes it look like she feels she's too good for critiquing. So, yeah, I do blame her.

• Love 17