Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Taco Tuesday, Wedding Wednesday

• Start Topic

The group comes together to show their support for Katie and Tom's wedding; Jax and Tom surprise Schwartz by flying in his triplet brothers; Stassi is moved to tears when she and Lisa finally bury the hatchet.

Lisa's officiating speech had me legit teary. It was beautiful.

I really like the laid back vibe of the event and I'm glad it hasnt been filled with a bunch of fighting, LaLa, and alcohol flinging.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I think "Schwartz is down there, floating on a pink flamingo" is a metaphor for something, I just can't figure out for what....

Especially the scene when he was on his knees and appeared to have a boner lol!! 

• Love 1

I know I make jokes.....

I really do think Schwartz and Sandavol should get married.  That moment by the water said it all. 

It couldn't be more worse?   Jax had me dying.  He has been very entertaining and dare I say, likable this season.  For the most part.

The wedding was beautiful.  The episode was argument and drama free.  Katie looked beautiful. The venue was stunning. 

Previews for next week. 

SANDAVOL?!? Did you just use that dog like a kleenex?

• Love 8

Yeesh, congrats, Katie, on wearing THE most hideous wedding dress I've ever seen EVER!!!  Blech, ick, yuck, barf & feh.  Sure, Schemer's 2 piece wedding thingie was tacky, but it looked kinda/sorta cute on her.  Katie's wedding dress just looked all kinds of ugly.  

Hey look, if a hideous wedding dress is what she wanted -- along with invitation rags & a wedding in the woods near a dumpy motel, then that's what she got.  And what was the total cost for all this?  75 thou?  Oy.

• Love 3

OK, I was confused b/c I thought Shwartz was one of the triplets in the family all this time.

Nice subtle product placement there, FI-Tom!

It was nice to see a drama-free week, but it was also boring. I'm not going to complain too much, however.

I liked the set up of the wedding and Katie's dress.

Once again, Shay didn't give a shit about Schemer yammering away and not letting him get a word in their conversation.

Fun - enjoyed watching everyone get along, and all the little quirks: Sandoval with his ties, socks and cuff links, Jax and the triplets, Kristen helping with the dress, Lisa and the service, etc - everyone just appreciating each other for a change. Nice!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12

Never thought I'd say it, but Jax was definitely likable this season. I thought it was cute how he was helping the triplets and making sure they had everything. Sandoval wasn't too pleased, but 'Papa Jax' was endearing. Usually I like Sandoval the most, but he was so dramatic and whiny. His hair annoyed me as well. 

I didn't like Katie's dress- she needs to dress for the body type she has and not the one she wants. 

• Love 7

I liked Katie's dress from the waist up (the floral part, not the striped part).  It was not the usual strapless wedding dress.  Also thought her hair looked pretty.

Did not like Lisa's dress.

• Love 6

This was the happiest episode of this show. And I have to admit I'm more invested in this wedding band yes getting a little testy eyed then I ever did for Schena and Shays wedding.

Otherwise.. this was a fun episode.

What is up with toms brothers?

• Love 2

That was a seriously ugly wedding gown.  But overall the episode was nice and happy.  

7 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

What is up with toms brothers?

They evidently are on the spectrum for autism...I thought they were fine though...just not what we're used to seeing on scrubbed/rehearsed reality shows.

• Love 1

Was the toss bouquet a half of a foam ball with rhinestone brooches in it? You could see foam peeking through all of it! Kristen "helping" was annoying the crap out of me. Ariana looked better at the rehearsal than the actual wedding. Loved her rehearsal lip color. So. Much. Booze. Everything was drink in hand.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

That was a seriously ugly wedding gown.  But overall the episode was nice and happy.  

They evidently are on the spectrum for autism...I thought they were fine though...just not what we're used to seeing on scrubbed/rehearsed reality shows.

Oh I didn't know this info. I just thought they were aloof guys. I didn't know they were on the spectrum. I just thought the editing was making them look a certain way as well. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, havahabit said:

Anyone else think Katie was quite stoned during bridesmaids' makeup and hair prep? 

I wouldn't be surprised -- she mentioned that she'd had an edible the day of the taco party.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Lisa looked like Melisandre in that hair do and dress. 

My thoughts exactly! I was skeptical when I saw her ironing the damn thing but then she walked out like she's conducting a seance, not officiating a wedding. 

1 minute ago, havahabit said:

Anyone else think Katie was quite stoned during bridesmaids' makeup and hair prep? 

She was. In her TH she said she took an edible. I wouldn't be surprised if she was stoned all week. NorCal has the good stuff.

The editors have been killing it this season, but this episode in particular. Even without the fights breaking out, they managed to throw in a montage of Stassi being especially vile toward Katie. Another montage of FI reminding us that his wardrobe is larger than all the girls' combined. And then Jax chasing the triplets around like the poor man's Mrs. Doubtfire. It's a real shitshow when Jax is being the responsible one.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

Where did you hear this about Toms brothers? I read one person speculating this, but never anything official. 

Schwart's  reaction to their surprise appearance was very sweet and seemed quite genuine. Love that Sandovahl and Jax pulled that off. 

Love love love that venue for a wedding! Was not a fan of Katie's dress but I see where it fit the overall theme of the day.

Admittedly, i still don't have the highest of hopes for a long term happy marriage for those 2, but hey, stranger things have happened. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

I tried to watch them carefully but they didn't seem to have anything wrong with them as someone conjectured.

So why did Shwartz's mother find a way make it but not his father?

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Admittedly, i still don't have the highest of hopes for a long term happy marriage for those 2, but hey, stranger things have happened. 

It would not surprise me if some portion of their strife was exaggerated for the cameras.

I'm just a little too eager to see Schemer and Shay's wedding disintegrate next week.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, havahabit said:

She went on WWHL last night and told Andy that she had eaten a 5mg watermelon candy (THC) and was stoned but not too stoned...just relaxed. Andy commented that he likes to eat the 10mg ones. Perhaps that's the answer to Tequila Katie...whacky wifey. It seems like the lesser of the two evils with her personality. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She went on WWHL last night and told Andy that she had eaten a 5mg watermelon candy (THC) and was stoned but not too stoned...just relaxed. Andy commented that he likes to eat the 10mg ones. Perhaps that's the answer to Tequila Katie...whacky wifey. It seems like the lesser of the two evils with her personality. 

Seeing Lisa Rinna and her xanax smoothies, I just thought Katie must have had one of those too.

10 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think "Schwartz is down there, floating on a pink flamingo" is a metaphor for something, I just can't figure out for what....

There is definitely a connection between Schwartz and flamingoes... Remember his headband!

42454a00-6638-0134-5ede-06caa2286297.png

Edited by Pepita
  • Love 1

No worries folks Schwartz said that he and Katie have some minor problems that they still have to work through, but they can do that after they are married! Seriously? Does Katie have to be stoned to not go all Tequila Katie on Schwartz or for that matter anyone else? If these problems were an issue all season, are they really going away just because these two got married? 

I liked the top of Katie's gown, but the bottom not so much or at least not with that top. I was not wild about Scheana's wedding dress, but I thought it looked like her style. 

Besides spreading the possible Brittany and Kristen hookup around I have been pretty impressed with Jax this season. Admittedly the bar was set very low for Jax, but I will still give him props. Jax and his "more worse" talking head cracked me up!

I thought Ariana looked great in her suit. I liked that she and Scheana were paired up to walk down the aisle. Kristen said that Stassi was standing next to Katie because Sandoval and her did not want to walk down the aisle together. Really? I feel like Sandoval could tolerate Kristen for the few minutes to walk up and down the aisle. 

Schwartz's reaction to Jax and Sandoval flying in his brothers was very nice. Did Schwartz say in his talking head that he and Katie could not afford to fly in his family?

I did laugh at Ariana's imagining if Tom and Katie improvised their vows they would be filled with a lot of bubba, bubbe and bubs.

I do not know if Scheana thinks Shay and her are in a better place or she is just putting on a happy face through it all. Scheana strikes me as the type to say everything is great when it is not. Either way I am not wild about watching a person's marriage crumble. I do not think these two were that compatible from the start so I am not surprised it went to pieces. I do think it isn't just one persons fault. I have not read that many details of what happened. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6

I forgot to mention how Ariana made me laugh last night with her TH of how important it was for Tom to have his vows down pat, or risk subjecting the wedding guests (and us) to a lot of hair tugging and "But Bubba..." 

She did look hawt in that suit.  Way hotter than the bridesmaids. 

eta: whoops I see Misslindsey and I were on the same page!  ;) 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I did laugh at Ariana's imagining if Tom and Katie improvised their vows they would be filled with a lot of Bubbe and Bubs.

I've rolled my eyes a bunch at how "seriously" Ariana takes comedy, but her impression there was pretty spot on. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Where does one get  5/10mg watermelon candy? Inquiring minds want to know. I think I need to move to California. Although, Andy lives in NY so where's he getting his?

10K for flowers and  Watermelon Kandy Katie doesn't even have a fresh flower bouquet? God, that thing was tacky. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Where does one get  5/10mg watermelon candy? Inquiring minds want to know. I think I need to move to California. Although, Andy lives in NY so where's he getting his?

10K for flowers and  Watermelon Kandy Katie doesn't even have a fresh flower bouquet? God, that thing was tacky. 

Those brooch bouquets are sort of a "thing."  I've seen them on some of the weddings on Four Weddings. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Those brooch bouquets are sort of a "thing."  I've seen them on some of the weddings on Four Weddings. 

Though I thought the were already out.

You can get all kind of candy edibles in places were weed is legal, I imagine a lot of this crew has cards.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know what was MORE WORSE - the fact that two people who hate each other are getting married? Or that godawful bouquet. I realize we don't all have the same taste, but who told Katie that thing looked good? It looked like 2 drunken grandmothers bedazzed a bunch of their old brooches onto a piece of foam. Just no. 

Well, Pinterest, of course!  All brides are now trolling Pinterest for all these ideas to make their wedding "unique" - what they don't seem to grasp is that six million other brides are doing the same thing, so they're not so unique at all!  

7 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I think the trend started a few years ago, when "shabby chic" and "rustic elegance" became a big wedding theme.  There are a ton of brooch bouquets available on Etsy that are much prettier and more well done that Katie's!  

I've seen several brides who will attach one or two brooches to their bouquets, or often, a locket with a photo of a deceased loved one (grandparent, parent, etc.).

Katie's poor little bouquet looked like a not-so-well-done craft project, unfortunately.

• Love 1

Thank you, all, for enlightening me. I must be living under a rock, because I have never heard of, or seen, those brooch bouquets. I had no idea it was a thing. So I searched Etsy and I can see why a bride would want one. Some of them are really quite lovely. So I still stand by my original comment that KATIE'S brooch bouquet looks like some drunken ol grannies had a go at it. 

• Love 8

I straight up just enjoyed this episode. I don't even care that Mr. & Mrs. Bubba are sweeping their problems under the rug. It was just nice to see everyone playing nice and having fun. You can see how much each of their friends love them despite what we may think of them...and their friends. It looked like the kind of wedding that would have been really fun to attend.  Taco Tuesday looked awesome as well. I don't care about any of the nit-picky stuff this week, I just really enjoyed seeing everyone so happy for once and not one hissy fit unless you count whatever it is Shay is going for these days. 

• Love 9

I think I'm the only one who really loved Katie's dress. I thought it was beautiful and that she looked great in it. Loved her hair, too. I think most of the time she looks like she dresses in the dark, so I was surprised by how much I liked the dress.

Watching Scheana put on the "my marriage is great" face for LVP was disturbing for some reason. It was like someone pulled a cord in her back and she let out a pre-recorded message. It's like every single thing she does or says reeks of desperation. It makes me uncomfortable. 

On what $50K+ wedding planet do you not have enough money to fly in your family?!?!?! Or rent a car for the dad? Though I have a feeling the dad just didn't want to be there. That storyline had to have been a setup. I mean, what?

I am confused by LVP's fashion choices. Yikes. But what she wrote for the ceremony was beautiful. It was a lovely day, it looked like. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, dosodog said:

It couldn't be more worse?   Jax had me dying.  He has been very entertaining and dare I say, likable this season.  For the most part.

The "more worse" bit was hilarious. I lost it when he asked if he was allowed to Google it.

I also loved this:

"If I was officiating the wedding, it'd be a party. You'd have shots right off the bat, and be like, 'Hey, swap rings, give each other a little peck, let's party.' I personally don't want to be standing up there that long. I got bad knees."

The wedding dress was surprisingly ugly and cheap-looking given the cost ($15,000 for that mess?). I thought Zuhair Murad was supposed to be one of the better lines. Ariana looked great in her suit.

The wedding itself looked like fun, though.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I straight up just enjoyed this episode. I don't even care that Mr. & Mrs. Bubba are sweeping their problems under the rug. It was just nice to see everyone playing nice and having fun. You can see how much each of their friends love them despite what we may think of them...and their friends. It looked like the kind of wedding that would have been really fun to attend.  Taco Tuesday looked awesome as well. I don't care about any of the nit-picky stuff this week, I just really enjoyed seeing everyone so happy for once and not one hissy fit unless you count whatever it is Shay is going for these days. 

Honestly yes, the catfights make great TV but I rather enjoy dumb people having a good time. I don't think dropping $50K on a treehouse wedding is my style but I do appreciate that everyone seemed to be having fun. There were no annoying schedules or tantrums, just a bunch of friends getting drunk and being happy for each other. 

Everyone but Scheana. Until this season I was never an avid watched, just popped in for an episode here or there, but it's so glaringly obvious she's not actually friends with these people. Trying to integrate her into the storyline is like pulling teeth. Every time they cut to a scene with her and Shay I'm like "oh yeah, these two." It's so weird, especially contrasting with the others who are constantly showing up unannounced and basically inseparable. 

How sad is it that the only person Sheana confides in is her boss? 

• Love 1