Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Taco Tuesday, Wedding Wednesday

• Start Topic

I thought the episode would answer the questions I had about the Schwartz family, but it's really just created even more. Although, knowing the wedding was scheduled and put together in a 3-month span may explain why Sister Schwartz couldn't get time off of work, or why Papa Schwartz couldn't plan a lengthy road trip to drive out to California.

Did anyone else notice that Tom had the save the date tea towel on his head like a bandana at the beginning of the episode?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/tom-schwartz-triplet-brothers

More about them.  I honestly have no idea if they are on "the spectrum" but they are 31 and Tom talks about them like they are 10.

I don't think he talks about them like they're 10, but like he's the big brother.

He also said that two of them work at a resort and one at a restaurant and live in one of two houses their family has in Florida and that their house is like a frat house.

• Love 2

I think Katie's abrasive behavior could stop even Ron Jeremy's penis. 

Hahaha weel said, @Ghoulina.

About the triplet bro I wonder if this was not all staged. I mean, can you believe two of them share the same cell phone??? OR Tom has an odd family for real.
Your thoughts?

On 3/23/2017 at 6:00 PM, Maharincess said:

Come on over, I'll give you a piece of watermelon candy. After hearing about it on the show, I  had to try some so when I ordered my usual smokable stuff, I ordered some watermelon candy along with my chocolate bars. It just tastes like watermelon Jolly Rancher with a nice kick. 

I've had 7 surgeries in the past 3 years, I have bottles and bottles full of prescription pain medicine.  The marijuana helps a lot with my pain and its SOOOOO much better for me than the pain medicine. Marijuana isn't physically addictive like pain medicine.  It should be legal everywhere and alcohol should be banned. 

@JenE4, what I didn't understand is how the other poster could say Tom's brothers were "on the spectrum" without ever having seen them!  I hate these days how anybody who doesn't appear "normal" is "on the spectrum".  Sometimes weird is just weird, quirky is just quirky,  not everything needs a label. 

Seriously I wish PA would move along in legalizing MMJ. From what I've heard it has passed but it's not actually available yet. I have so many issues that MMJ would help with and my primary doc has even told me I'd be one of her first patients to refer to someone who can prescribe the card (apparently docs here will have to go through a lot of hoops to become an MMJ script writer). One question though, to those who use MMJ....is it expensive at dispensaries? I've never been to one and the occasional time I smoke weed it's stuff my boyfriend gets. I've never actually paid for it.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, fliptopbox said:

Seriously I wish PA would move along in legalizing MMJ. From what I've heard it has passed but it's not actually available yet. I have so many issues that MMJ would help with and my primary doc has even told me I'd be one of her first patients to refer to someone who can prescribe the card (apparently docs here will have to go through a lot of hoops to become an MMJ script writer). One question though, to those who use MMJ....is it expensive at dispensaries? I've never been to one and the occasional time I smoke weed it's stuff my boyfriend gets. I've never actually paid for it.

Weed is cheaper from a medical dispensary than a recreational one, IIRC.  I never had a medical card before it was legalized here in Washington, but that's what folks tell me.  It isn't that expensive in a recreational dispensary either unless you're going for crazy strong and/or popular strains.

• Love 2

Here in Oregon if you have a card you can get your weed for free; producers legally have to sponsor so many med cards and can make arrangements with patients to meet that requirement. But it looks like medical is going away here and recreational will be it, so that'll probably change soon. Or not...who knows what T***p will do in his crusade to burn everything to the ground. 

• Love 3
On 3/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, fliptopbox said:

Well I live in Texas where this is never going to happen. They passed a law allowing it for refractory epilepsy, but have been dragging their feet on creating regulations. I wish they would allow MMJ in Texas. I moved here a decade ago and have come to the dawning realization that I'm allergic to everything here. I figure something has got to help alleviate my symptoms. My joints and organs itch when the allergens are super high. I've temporarily lost some of my vision because I've been so congested. Anything has to be better than the mega doses of medicine and steroids that I have to take to get through the day.

Katie is super mellow while on weed. It acts on the frontal cortex and the hippocampus. The frontal cortex is where your higher decision-making is located and the hippocampus is memory. I think that when Katie is angry, she's like a host in Westworld. She doesn't remember the event so much as she relives it. The weed blocks some of those memory connections so she can't get as angry as she used to.

• Love 4
On 3/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, fliptopbox said:

I'm in WeHo, not far from this gaggle of survers, and things are about to change after the new legislature passed but imo MMJ is better and cheaper than the recreational stuff. I can't go two miles without seeing a dispensary and they all have first timer promotions. Plus there are delivery apps that make it as easy as ordering Dominos pizza. The edibles are delicious and the weed is grown by botany nerds. It doesn't have that pungent skunk stank like the stuff we smoked in college and you know it's been fresh picked and packaged, not stuffed in a stoner's back pocket all day. Usually it's cheaper too, but even if it isn't, the quality is above and beyond the old school shit.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, rho said:

I'm in WeHo, not far from this gaggle of survers, and things are about to change after the new legislature passed

What legislation?  Is recreational going to be illegal?

I wish Illinois would allow for recreational.

I agree Katie is a much chiller person when high.  I probably am too!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

What legislation?  Is recreational going to be illegal?

While recreational is currently legal to use or grow in California you still can't legally buy it without a medical card and won't be able to until 2018 s they are working out regulations for the recreational dispensaries. 

• Love 3
On 3/21/2017 at 8:23 PM, Maharincess said:

As long as I live, I'll NEVER understand why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.  Alcohol destroys families, destroys careers and destroys everything in its path. Marijuana does none of that.  

Marijuana destroys too, but only because it is illegal and on the same schedule as heroin/cocaine. The legal problems caused by a Marijuana arrest are, in my opiniom, the only dangerous thing about it

• Love 5

I'm in Ohio, where medical is legal, but we are waiting for legislation to be written. So much red tape, and it will still be illegal to grow your own. Several people have been arrested for weed during the interim period and have used what is called the Affirmative Defense.