Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Taco Tuesday, Wedding Wednesday

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Kristen said that Stassi was standing next to Katie because Sandoval and her did not want to walk down the aisle together. Really? I feel like Sandoval could tolerate Kristen for the few minutes to walk up and down the aisle.

I'm pretty sure that was Kristen's attempt at being funny with the bonus of a dig at Sandoval.  Kristen and Stassi are also both very good at manipulating the talking heads to change how people perceive situations.  For example Stassi in a talking head said Ariana wasn't even invited to the bridal shower, which was a lie but some people take everything literally so a certain segment of the audience believed Ariana actually crashed a bridal shower even though that's not what the footage showed.  Ariana actually had to explain on twitter and WWHL that she was invited to the shower because enough people believed Stassi's talking head.

• Love 2

This episode was a nice change from the usual drama even if everyone pretended no one had problems even though everyone had problems, lol. 

It's uncomfortable hearing Scheana brag about how well her marriage is going right now since you can see from his behaviour that he's clocked out...this wasn't some random thing that took Scheana by surprise. All the signs were there for Scheana to at least see in hindsight. 

I know a wedding is a big expense but if these guys are really making that much money, I wonder if Katie and Schwartz even considered flying out his brothers since they both would know that his family is not able to afford the costs of all of them coming out. 

I can finally give Katie kudos for one of her wedding decisions - her venue was beautiful. Katie looked great at the rehearsal dinner...I thought she looked far and away better at her rehearsal dinner than she did on her wedding day. I liked the idea of Katie's bouquet...they're quite popular on Etsy but I wasn't a fan of Katie's. I thought the bouquet was too busy and 'granny' like. I don't think she considered that she would be holding her bouquet against her patterned and multi-coloured dress. 

Ariana stole the show in that suit. Damn she looked great. 

• Love 5

Ken's glee over seeing Lisa ironing was everything.  Hilarious. 

This may be the first episode that I actually liked the Nugget. Her impression of Tequila Katie and Schwartz winging their vows was hilarious. 

Speaking of - - exactly what were these chucklefucks doing that they couldn't sit down and write their vows?  It's not like they have taxing schedules.  I guess at least Schwartz didn't need a pot brownie (that we saw) in order to do so. 

When Flat Iron makes comments about his Level 32 hairspray, I kinda love him.  Just a little.  And having extra everything is a hoot.  Maybe that's why he and the Nugget stay in that apartment - -big closets? 

I've said before I don't like Katie's dress.  Meh.  Still really don't.  Not my style.  I do understand the rustic/shabby chic theme she was going for though and I think she got it (she certainly should have for $75 freaking k)  I am generally pretty anti-weddings but the locale was very pretty.  What Lisa said was beautiful.  Schwartz seeing his brothers, combined with Flat Iron's reaction to Schwartz's reaction, made me tear up (damn you, VR!)  A Taco Tuesday rehearsal dinner actually looked fun.  Is this group of people keeping the alcohol industry afloat?  Seriously.  They drink A LOT.

StASSi telling her mother that her date went down on her 7 times??  Seriously tacky. 

Scheana . . . girl, you are delusional.  Shay is completely checked out.  Stevie Wonder could see this.  Maybe if you had stopped talking long enough to ask him what was going on and then STOP TO LISTEN, you would have know if he was sick or tired.  Or sick and tired.   Hearing her tell Lisa how everything was just amaaaaazing (like TomKat, we know how that ended) was painful. 

Brittany wants to get married in the winter in Kentucky?  If she actually makes the monumental mistake of marrying Jax, he'll look like a giant Yeti with all those white trees and shit.  Or should I say the more worse mistake?  Never change, Jax.  Never change. 

Next week we get Mr. and Mrs. Bubba and the Shays go to shit.  Hooray? 

• Love 9

Where does one get  5/10mg watermelon candy? 

I'm wondering if Katie and I eat the same edibles! I forget the name of the brand, but they're really good. Tasty and they do give a very mellow high, where you don't get so worked up over stupid stuff. I've completely cut out alcohol for the time being and those watermelon candies make me not miss it at all! You can get them at dispensaries; mine's in Colorado :) 

I do think that Kannabis Katie already seems more chill, and hope she sticks more with that, and less with the tequila. Weed doesn't give the same kind of WOOOO!!! high as alcohol, but it's so much healthier and less likely to lead to rage and tears!

On a different topic, I loved Katie's dress and thought she looked beautiful! 

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I think I'm the only one who really loved Katie's dress. I thought it was beautiful and that she looked great in it. Loved her hair, too. I think most of the time she looks like she dresses in the dark, so I was surprised by how much I liked the dress.

While I didn't care for the dress itself, I did think Katie looked good in it and lovely, in general. Her hair and makeup were both really nice. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Ken's glee over seeing Lisa ironing was everything.  Hilarious. 

Oh yes, I forgot about that. So cute. While LVP sometimes grates in social settings, I do really love the interactions between those two. 

This may be the first episode that I actually liked the Nugget. Her impression of Tequila Katie and Schwartz winging their vows was hilarious. 

Something very strange is happening to me this season....I feel like she's gradually growing on me? Help! I really can't remember the last episode where she annoyed me. 

StASSi telling her mother that her date went down on her 7 times??  Seriously tacky. 

Egads, right! And a few weeks ago she told granny about being drunk and puking. This family must be close. Really close. 

1 hour ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I do think that Kannabis Katie already seems more chill, and hope she sticks more with that, and less with the tequila. Weed doesn't give the same kind of WOOOO!!! high as alcohol, but it's so much healthier and less likely to lead to rage and tears!

Katie after some pot was a thing of beauty. She seemed so pleasant and easy to get along with. I don't smoke, but I firmly support pot legalization and I think Katie should engage in this type of activity a lot more!

• Love 12

Are those brooch bouquets still a thing? I thought those had kind of gone out of style.

I started listing all the things that could have been cut from the wedding in order for Tom to have been able to afford to fly his brothers to his wedding himself, or -- better yet -- for Katie to have done it for him, but the list got so long I just gave up. But how about starting with the friggin' diamond ring for his mother? That was just way too bizarre, and could have easily covered the cost of flying a couple sets of triplets in from Florida.

• Love 5

It's too bad that Katie doesn't have Scheana's hustle. This was the single most Pinteresty and Etsy wedding I've ever seen. Katie should have been able to get discounts and freebies from Joann's, Michael's, and every other craft store because this was one really crafty looking wedding. Hell, Schwartz invited the jeweler who clearly gave him huge discounts for Katie's and his mom's rings. It's too bad that Katie let Stassi back in because Scheana was really the friend that should have helped her plan the wedding. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

Where does one get  5/10mg watermelon candy? 

I'm wondering if Katie and I eat the same edibles! I forget the name of the brand, but they're really good. Tasty and they do give a very mellow high, where you don't get so worked up over stupid stuff. I've completely cut out alcohol for the time being and those watermelon candies make me not miss it at all! You can get them at dispensaries; mine's in Colorado :) 

On a different topic, I loved Katie's dress and thought she looked beautiful! 

Very jealous right now! Still not legal in Florida. It must not be difficult to get a medical card in the states where it's legal. Seems like it's very easy to get one! Do you even have to get Dr authorization?

I agree about Katie's dress. It's not a dress for everybody but I thought it looked pretty on her, especially with her hair up and the long veil. If she was going for romantic, old school and rustic, I think she pulled it off. I'm kind of impressed that she did her own thing and didn't end up in the same old strapless cleavage showing dresses that just won't go away! I still stand by my opinion of the ugly bouquet, though, lol. 

I just have to say this about Brittney: I know she has put on some weight, but she looks even heavier with the new boobs. They look like they are already starting to sag. I don't think Jax's discount Dr. did a very good job.  She may have to go back to him 2 or 3 more times to get it right, like Jax did with his nose. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I tried to watch them carefully but they didn't seem to have anything wrong with them as someone conjectured.

So why did Shwartz's mother find a way make it but not his father?

It would not surprise me if some portion of their strife was exaggerated for the cameras.

I'm just a little too eager to see Schemer and Shay's wedding disintegrate next week.

Somewhere I read that Schwartz's mom has a restraining order out on his dad.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Maharincess said:

All I've heard about Tom's brothers being "on the spectrum" is a speculation made my a poster which was based on never even seeing them. 

(Okay side note: I may have posted this last night or I tried to and it didn't post but when I came back online just now, it was auto saved so I assume it didn't post, if it did and this is a repeat post sorry!!)

I didn't know anything. I just thought they were kind of silly and out of it and also thought the show was doing one of their clunky remarkable editing jobs.I mean look at how they're editing the Schena:Shay relantionship. 

Anyways. I liked Katie's dress kind of. An old high school classmate that I only know of now via Facebook but that's how t usable wore  a similar dress and had a similar wedding location and look, from what I saw via pictures.  It fits the theme of a woods wedding. 

I had seen pictures of the dress last summer & really didn't like it, but seeing her in it in the episode, it's kind of grown on me.  I thought her hair & makeup were perfect.

Stassie is a gorgeous girl.  She looked fantastic at the rehearsal dinner.

I do have to admit that I like all of these fools.   The friendships appear to be completely genuine; particularly b/t the Toms.  FI Tom with all of his "extras" that he packed killed me.

I also loved the song at the end & would love to know the artist(s).

• Love 5

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the poster who said something about "pot brownies".   Edibles have moved so so far beyond brownies. I have lollipops and chocolate bars that I get from the dispensary.  Edibles come in all forms these days. I still prefer the old fashioned way by smoking it in my purple bong.   As long as I live, I'll NEVER understand why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.  Alcohol destroys families, destroys careers and destroys everything in its path. Marijuana does none of that.  

A poster in a previous epispde thread said that as the mother of a special needs child she could tell that Tom's brothers were on the spectrum without them ever appearing on screen.  Somehow that turned into a fact.  

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the poster who said something about "pot brownies".   Edibles have moved so so far beyond brownies. I have lollipops and chocolate bars that I get from the dispensary.  Edibles come in all forms these days. I still prefer the old fashioned way by smoking it in my purple bong.   As long as I live, I'll NEVER understand why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.  Alcohol destroys families, destroys careers and destroys everything in its path. Marijuana does none of that.  

A poster in a previous epispde thread said that as the mother of a special needs child she could tell that Tom's brothers were on the spectrum without them ever appearing on screen.  Somehow that turned into a fact.  

ITA, if it's legal drink alcohol I don't get it.  I know pharmaceutical company's probably don't want it to happen,  it would kill some of the market for the drugs they push. 

The brothers don't seem autistic to me,  maybe slackers.  They were cute meeting all those rich people.  

Edited by ihartcoffee
  • Love 3

Tom and Katie were on WWHL last night and fumbled around why they didn't arrange for Tom's brothers to attend.  Katie was too stressed over the wedding plans (she did foot the bill for some of her family) and Tom didn't think about it.

Tom was asked what he did for work and he said nothing as the show takes up all his time.  Major groans all around.  Katie and Tom talked about the fact they should be getting a kick back after booking their wedding at the venue-21 Mile House. 

After listening to the chuckleheads-I don't think they were comped.  The rest of the cast makes just enough money to gift to them. 

• Love 3

So Tom openly said he doesn't have a job and he said it with no shame or embarrassment?!  Wow.  I will never wrap my head around able bodied grown men who don't work. Where I come from a man would be ashamed to not have a full time job.  These morons seem to take pride in it.  I'm sure they only film a few months out of the year so what does he do the rest of the time, sit on his ass while Katie goes to work?   I would never even consider dating a man with no job, let alone marry the loser. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

Are those brooch bouquets still a thing? I thought those had kind of gone out of style.

Last time I went to the floral wholesale supply it still had a section that was just crap to make them.  That was probably in November or December.  I can't remember what I was doing flowers for, but it seems like it was during the holiday season.  

12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's too bad that Katie doesn't have Scheana's hustle. This was the single most Pinteresty and Etsy wedding I've ever seen. Katie should have been able to get discounts and freebies from Joann's, Michael's, and every other craft store because this was one really crafty looking wedding. Hell, Schwartz invited the jeweler who clearly gave him huge discounts for Katie's and his mom's rings. It's too bad that Katie let Stassi back in because Scheana was really the friend that should have helped her plan the wedding. 

So I know a guy that got married a couple of years ago and his wedding was way more pinteresty.  The plan was to have it in a ghost town, but there was a government shutdown that closed all national parks so they had to scramble and find a new venue.  He was on the news because the government ruined his wedding and got a super nice venue donated for free (Katie should take notes).  Anyway, they had dream catchers and feathers and shit hanging everywhere, cow skull center pieces, and the bride wore moccasins.  The ghost town would have really put it over the top.  

11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Very jealous right now! Still not legal in Florida. It must not be difficult to get a medical card in the states where it's legal. Seems like it's very easy to get one! Do you even have to get Dr authorization?

Earlier in the season they showed Katie and Stassi going to the pot doc to get their cards.  You just go in and say you have glaucoma or back pain or anxiety or trouble sleeping or whatever and pay a fee and get a card.  I guess you can even do it online now and the online ones will deliver the card to your house complete with whatever pot/edibles you want to order.  In LA there's also an app for pot delivery and supposedly they come in one hour or less, which is better than amazon.  We're still a year off from not needing cards.  When that happens maybe Uber and Postmates will be able to just bring it to you with your carne asada fries and ice cream so you only have to pay one delivery fee for your entire night in.

The wedding wasn't my style, but I thought it was beautiful.  I thought Katie looked great and even though her dress isn't what I would pick, it looked nice on her and went with her wedding.  When I saw the hanging flowers I understood how she got to $10k.  Those hanging flower strands are easy to make, but they take a shit ton of flowers and are expensive if you get them from the florist.  The bridesmaids' bouquets looked nice and so did the arrangement on LVP's podium.  I'm sure the tables at the reception will have nice centerpieces too.  The rose petals on he ground were probably only a few hundred dollars.  

How has Jax become my favorite Vanderchump?  He had me laughing out loud more than once.

I liked everyone just having a good time and enjoying being together.  I wasn't really excited for this episode, but it might have been one of my favorites.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

(Okay side note: I may have posted this last night or I tried to and it didn't post but when I came back online just now, it was auto saved so I assume it didn't post, if it did and this is a repeat post sorry!!)

I didn't know anything. I just thought they were kind of silly and out of it and also thought the show was doing one of their clunky remarkable editing jobs.I mean look at how they're editing the Schena:Shay relantionship. 

Anyways. I liked Katie's dress kind of. An old high school classmate that I only know of now via Facebook but that's how t usable wore  a similar dress and had a similar wedding location and look, from what I saw via pictures.  It fits the theme of a woods wedding. 

Oh, I think the editors are on point, doing a fantastic job editing the Shays' demise. It's sad to see but so clear what's going on

• Love 1

I know, right?! At first I thought she was just making a sarcastic joke. Then I realized she was serious. Ugh. 

Other than that all I really took away from this episode was where can I get my hands on some of this watermelon candy???

• Love 5

I found some neat ideas for my wedding on PinInterest.(doing a library theme because yes I am a librarian and love books). I think mixing traditional aspects, as well as, unique things makes a perfect wedding. 

I am going to be disappointed from now on because I can't joking threaten my fiance with a 50k wedding. I don't understand why the brothers couldn't save their money, especially when you get save the date about a year in advanced. 

• Love 3

According to most reports the only one who regularly works at SUR when not filming is Peter.

A friend of mine was at Sur the other night while in town for work.  He posted pics and said the only one he saw was Diana the manager who brought his table their drinks.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, tardistravler said:

I don't understand why the brothers couldn't save their money, especially when you get save the date about a year in advanced. 

There was no year in advance.  All the cast has said Katie and Tom didn't start planning the wedding until about 12 weeks before the ceremony.  They didn't decide on the location and the date until June.  So Tom's brothers didn't have much notice.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sturf said:

There was no year in advance.  All the cast has said Katie and Tom didn't start planning the wedding until about 12 weeks before the ceremony.  They didn't decide on the location and the date until June.  So Tom's brothers didn't have much notice.

I don't understand why Tom and Katie couldn't have paid for the brothers to come to the wedding.  There were so many places they could have easily cut expenses on that wedding to cover the cost of three round trip tickets, there's really no excuse for them not to have done this themselves.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't understand why Tom and Katie couldn't have paid for the brothers to come to the wedding.  There were so many places they could have easily cut expenses on that wedding to cover the cost of three round trip tickets, there's really no excuse for them not to have done this themselves.

Especially since they are both pulling in at least $100,000 each from BRAVO per season.  Probably more since they are getting at least $10,000 per ep, maybe more which is what I heard. This is a  popular show, they are not just starting out anymore,  and the people on the housewives franchises make much more than that so I totally believe that this figure is correct. I don't know why people still believe they aren't getting paid shit.  No wonder Schwartzie has no shame about not having a real job. This IS his real job, for however long it lasts. What motivation does he have to do anything else, he hit the jackpot and knows it. Anyway, back to my point , $200,000 per year between the two and they can't afford to pay the brothers airfare and a few days accommodations? I call BS. It's all for the story line. 

• Love 4

I got my medical card because it really does help my stomach and body pain. And it's great for sleep! They are pretty easy to get, but we also have recreational dispensaries in Colorado. They're more expensive than medical ones, though. 

I know Florida's been stodgy and don't EVEN get me started on the No on 2 campaign in 2014, but they did pass medical last year. I know we're in a bit of flux now though and that different states have different ease of access for cards. 

To tie it back to VPR, did we see the candy or just hear about it? The brand I use is called Wana and they're gummies. I still like smoking, but edibles really are great for so many purposes.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Judi Sunshine said:

To tie it back to VPR, did we see the candy or just hear about it? The brand I use is called Wana and they're gummies. I still like smoking, but edibles really are great for so many purposes.

She just mentioned it, I think on the show she said edible and then clarified that it was a watermelon gummy on WWHL.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

When Brittany spills the beans about the triplets being at the wedding to Kristin when they are at the gown fitting last episode the conversation goes like this:

B: Are his brothers not groomsmen?

K: His brothers aren't going.

B: Yes they are.

K: He changed his mind?

It kind of made me think that he purposely made the decision for them to not be there, but then he was so happy when he saw them, so IDK.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

When Brittany spills the beans about the triplets being at the wedding to Kristin when they are at the gown fitting last episode the conversation goes like this:

B: Are his brothers not groomsmen?

K: His brothers aren't going.

B: Yes they are.

K: He changed his mind?

It kind of made me think that he purposely made the decision for them to not be there, but then he was so happy when he saw them, so IDK.

Ahhhh, good catch. That's interesting. I really kind of want to know more about the Schwartz family. Some off dynamics going on there. 

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, ghoulina said:

The best part of the episode was Sandoval being all Mary Poppins and having everything you could possibly need in his suitcase. "I have a level 32 hairspray; it's the strongest on the market". Never change Sandoval. 

My god, I died laughing. He. Was. Prepared!!

Whilst reading thru this thread it occurred to me: maybe the triplets weren't invited/trip paid for bc then Tom would have felt like they had to be in the wedding party & that might have bumped his true love Sandoval &/or Jax?

I have never heard of, or seen, those brooch bouquets either, but I am not on pinterest either. I liked it {small voice}. But, see my name.

Like others, I appreciated the lack of drama & stupid. I enjoyed the wedding & thought everyone looked great! I am also able to be an officiant & it's a real pickle as to what to wear. You FOR SURE don't want to upstage the bride (which hasn't been a problem for me yet bc I've only done gay weddings, so they were fine w me wearing a tiara-headband thing), you want to look official, but also ready & able to party down!

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 3

I assumed the brooch bouquet was filled with family heirloom pins. I received a box full when my grandmother passed away, and I think it would be cool to have pins from generations past represented. But if you're just buying random pins from someone on Etsy, I don't get it. Especially when you spend $10-freakin-000 on flowers and you don't even have a floral bouquet! Say what?!?

i loved Katie's dress. I just think it was poor planning to have a train and a long-ass veil dragging across the mulch. Why would you pick that for an outdoor wedding in the woods?! Thankfully the ground was dry so it was just dirt and mulch, and not mud.

My son has Asperger's, so I'll join the so-far-unidentified mom of a kid on the spectrum that when you know the signs, it's easy to spot. I mean, the fact that Jax of all people had to say, "Do you have a tie? Bring it here. Did you take a shower? No, you need clean socks." Neurotypical people understand how to get ready for a wedding without the need for outlying each specific task at a time. But, man, parents on the spectrum--we know the struggle! Yes, we don't know anything about the triplets, but I'll also vote, likely on the spectrum.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I got my medical card because it really does help my stomach and body pain. And it's great for sleep! They are pretty easy to get, but we also have recreational dispensaries in Colorado. They're more expensive than medical ones, though. 

I know Florida's been stodgy and don't EVEN get me started on the No on 2 campaign in 2014, but they did pass medical last year. I know we're in a bit of flux now though and that different states have different ease of access for cards. 

In California, medical use is very loosey-goosey. There are specialty docs who do nothing but grant authorizations, and now you can video chat with them over the phone to get your authorization, which will then be fed-exed to you. They can authorize it for any medical purpose for which they think it is justified, from lower back pain to sleeplessness to anxiety.  Where I live there are multiple delivery services, as well as one that will deliver by drone.  Recreational use will be legal in a year, I think. So long as any of the chucklefucks are motivated enough to pay $50 for a videochat with a doc and place an online order for weed, they can legally have it delivered in multiple forms from lollipops to gummies to chocolate bars to wax, shatters, flowers or granola. Under the Obama administration, the DEA was no longer enforcing the federal ban on marijuana, which supersedes the CA state law allowing it, but the Trump administration has vowed to crack down on it harshly (no doubt in part at least because minimum drug sentences for marijuana possession have historically made up a huge portion of prison populations, and private prisons have been reauthorized under this administration, many members of which own or are financial beneficiaries of private prison corporations). So, time will tell if the legalized medical marijuana scheme in multiple states will continue.

I absolutely hated Katie's dress, and she has become my BEC. I think she is a truly, truly horrible person.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

According to most reports the only one who regularly works at SUR when not filming is Peter.

Sonebody I know ate at Sur last week and said Brittany was his waitress. 

• Love 2

- I am more excited to find out more about Scheana and Shay divorcing than to see more of the wedding.   She was so over the top in describing her marital bliss to Lisa V.   Plus the topknot on her head made her look like a space alien.  Love when Peter asked where Shay was and Scheana said he needed to go upstairs and lie by the fan for awhile. 

-Schwartz has a handsome cry face.   Can't believe he skipped taking a shower on his wedding day though especially after frolicking in a river.    But his mom is so pretty!   Stassi and Scheana's moms, in the other hand...

-Sandoval taking umbrage at the rude way Jax was talking to the triplets--oh Sandoval, your hidden depths!

- How can Brit look at Jax and want to marry him and have kids with him?????

-Detest Katie but grudgingly liked her headband thingy

-so in the next episode is Lisa going to ask the Toms to run her new bar??? Is the current cast ever going to "age out" and be replaced by bartenders and servers who aren't heading towards 40?  Can Bravo support another Vanderpump spinoff?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Under the Obama administration, the DEA was no longer enforcing the federal ban on marijuana, which supersedes the CA state law allowing it, but the Trump administration has vowed to crack down on it harshly (no doubt in part at least because minimum drug sentences for marijuana possession have historically made up a huge portion of prison populations, and private prisons have been reauthorized under this administration, many members of which own or are financial beneficiaries of private prison corporations). 

For sure, about the prisons. I don't think medical's going anywhere. For every person who gets it for bogus reasons, there's someone whose life is being saved by it -- not from death, but from constant seizures, MS pain, no appetite from chemo -- you name it. Fighting MMJ would make them look like even bigger monsters and would go against the will of a big majority. They might try to crack down on RMJ, but they'll alienate a lot of their supporters if they do that and Sessions recently acknowledged that a crackdown would be harder than it seems and the industry brings in BANK, so I think this issue might run out the clock. 

Sandoval taking umbrage at the rude way Jax was talking to the triplets--oh Sandoval, your hidden depths!

I dig him so much now. And I was watching Season 4 last night, the ep where he cooks eggs for the Shays, and I'd totally forgotten about the juice he made! Now that I've started juicing, I'm totally in the cult, and think it explains a lot of his uber-positivity, if it's something he does regularly. 

Is the current cast ever going to "age out" and be replaced by bartenders and servers who aren't heading towards 40? 

I think it would be really cool if the show could stay VPR, keep the cast they have and show the Toms starting a restaurant, then focus on that staff instead of SUR, aside from the original cast who works there. It would be like when they rebooted Degrassi and kept "the olds" and told their stories, but still had the main focus be on the kids in school. Sandoval would be like Snake! 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I think it would be really cool if the show could stay VPR, keep the cast they have and show the Toms starting a restaurant, then focus on that staff instead of SUR, aside from the original cast who works there. It would be like when they rebooted Degrassi and kept "the olds" and told their stories, but still had the main focus be on the kids in school. Sandoval would be like Snake! 

Oh my GOD this is a great idea!  Sandoval as Snake!  (btw did you hear poor Wheels died a lonely death, in real life??)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh my GOD this is a great idea!  Sandoval as Snake!  (btw did you hear poor Wheels died a lonely death, in real life??)

Thanks! I love love love Degrassi :) And yes I did, absolutely heartbreaking. No words. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I dig him so much now. And I was watching Season 4 last night, the ep where he cooks eggs for the Shays, and I'd totally forgotten about the juice he made! Now that I've started juicing, I'm totally in the cult, and think it explains a lot of his uber-positivity, if it's something he does regularly. 

Sandoval seems to like to take care of people. I thought his attempts to be there for Shay and help him get healthier were very genuine. He thought ahead and packed a bunch of extras, because he knew his friends would forget/not have stuff. He can me a tad much at times, but I do think he has a good heart. 

• Love 8
On 3/22/2017 at 5:26 AM, Rottiemommie said:

I know, right?! At first I thought she was just making a sarcastic joke. Then I realized she was serious. Ugh. 

Other than that all I really took away from this episode was where can I get my hands on some of this watermelon candy???

Come on over, I'll give you a piece of watermelon candy. After hearing about it on the show, I  had to try some so when I ordered my usual smokable stuff, I ordered some watermelon candy along with my chocolate bars. It just tastes like watermelon Jolly Rancher with a nice kick. 

I've had 7 surgeries in the past 3 years, I have bottles and bottles full of prescription pain medicine.  The marijuana helps a lot with my pain and its SOOOOO much better for me than the pain medicine. Marijuana isn't physically addictive like pain medicine.  It should be legal everywhere and alcohol should be banned. 

@JenE4, what I didn't understand is how the other poster could say Tom's brothers were "on the spectrum" without ever having seen them!  I hate these days how anybody who doesn't appear "normal" is "on the spectrum".  Sometimes weird is just weird, quirky is just quirky,  not everything needs a label. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Come on over, I'll give you a piece of watermelon candy. After hearing about it on the show, I  had to try some so when I ordered my usual smokable stuff, I ordered some watermelon candy along with my chocolate bars. It just tastes like watermelon Jolly Rancher with a nice kick. 

I've had 7 surgeries in the past 3 years, I have bottles and bottles full of prescription pain medicine.  The marijuana helps a lot with my pain and its SOOOOO much better for me than the pain medicine. Marijuana isn't physically addictive like pain medicine.  It should be legal everywhere and alcohol should be banned. 

@JenE4, what I didn't understand is how the other poster could say Tom's brothers were "on the spectrum" without ever having seen them!  I hate these days how anybody who doesn't appear "normal" is "on the spectrum".  Sometimes weird is just weird, quirky is just quirky,  not everything needs a label. 

I'm so jealous. As someone who suffers from pain on a daily basis( neuromuscular disability) it would be nice to have another option. But the hoops are ridiculous in many states and yet anyone who is 21 can go into a bar and a store and get as much liquor as they want. So I agree there. 

Anyways I'm another who thought the brothers were just quirky. I do want to know why Tom had made up his mind about them not coming though? It seems odd. The whole family dynamic. But Katie's family is odd too, Katie said something too to her dad about him not seeing her mom for four years? 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Stephanie1216 said:

I think the triplets have that bizarre twin/triplet co dependent thing going on and I say that as the mother of twins.

Seriouzly, two of them share a cell phone! 

• Love 1