Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Triple Trouble

• Start Topic

Lala returns to SUR and Lisa makes it clear that she won't tolerate her unreliable behavior. Plus, Katie and Tom's wedding looms as Jax and Sandoval plan to fly in Schwartz's triplet brothers as a surprise; Scheana announces her plan to have a baby; and Stassi poses for a nearly nude photo shoot.

Charlotte the dog is my favorite character! Watching her walk around in a circle to get away from FI playing a trumpet- the hell was THAT btw- was amazing. 

Did the guys go to the same candy place Schena used for her wedding? Also candy corn is evil! 

When Stassi was like "what?" When Schena was talking about how she and Shay did marriage counseling once and now they're totally fine was hilarious. Also why are they continuously making us feel uncomfortable with the Shay and Schena marriage bliss. 

Also in LA people can just ride horses around town like no big deal? I.. what? 

Man Jax must be taking smart pills because he's making all kinds of sense. I laughed a lot when he was all "I don't want to be called into the hospital room because shays in the studio making beats". And also yeah, Shay is pretty much a face on a millk carton, aside from the Bachelorette/Bachelor trip. Because he's in the studio. Making beats. Can he please get a forum topic just so we can name it that? 

None of the people on this cast can keep a damn secret so Jax should have never told brittany.

Ew! Why is the show forcing a James scene on me? I didn't ask for that. 

Rules to live by: "you don't wear flip flops when you're carrying a cake!" Thanks Stassi! 

Oh Lala trying to have a Kristen moment in the ally of sur! You are no Kristen Lala, get out of the ally! That's sacred ground! Also Lala, if you didn't show up for work for weeks, you think you still have a job? How does Lala human in the world? It seems she doesn't understand how humans do things. And suffering from anxiety is not an excuse to not call your place of employment for weeks at a time and to be all "i don't have to inform anybody, I just won't go into work ".

when Katie and tom drove up with i the wedding location, was Katie wearing a dress over a shirt? How very early 2000 of her. 

I appreciate the money issue in a sense but also.. bravo is footing some of this wedding expense, right? 

Also I knew stassi got lost before she said something on the show, she talked about it on her podcast. 

I feel bad that Toms dad has a fear of flying, that's sad. And are like none of his family besides his mom able to go? That's sad. I mean I know his brothers and the surprise trip but he didn't know that. 

Damn Shays a jerk. Why was he so grumpy in that one scene? 

I complain about Lisa a lot but I loved her attitude about the wedding being not her version but it's Katie's so shut up and let the bride have her day. 

The cabin was so cool. And I'm not a woodsy person but it was cool. 

• Love 12

Random thoughts:

Tom and Ariana's dog might be cute, but I was too distracted by their disgusting, stained carpet.  You don't have to live in the fanciest apartment, but you can at least steam clean that cesspool of filth when you know it's going to be showcased on national TV!  Yeeesh! 

"A.F" is really starting to get on my nerves.  Both Stassi and Ariana have said it, and they sound like idiots. 

I don't care about James or Lala.  James' girlfriend is really unattractive. 

What the hell was Katie wearing?  Was that a muumuu over a t-shirt?  What even?  Ratchet A.F!  Heh. 

Stassi looked gorgeous in her photos.

Everything Scheana, Shay and family planning was uncomfortable.  I wonder how she feels seeing this play in real time. 

The whole Shwartz's brother situation was just really weird.  Expensive or not, you go to your brother's wedding.  And it's not just one brother...it's all three!  It's not like they're conjoined! I find it hard to believe that Schwartz and Katie would spend over 50k on a wedding, but not offer to fly immediate family out.  That was either contrived for the show, or Tom has family that doesn't approve of this wedding and want no part of it. 

• Love 17

I love that there's now a step and repeat pattern in the SUR Back Alley. I wonder how it feels about this development?

And oh good grief with the "owning it," Lala. Hasn't Lisa had enough of that? Waaaaaaaahhhhhh I don't think like other peoplllllllleeeeeee. I understand that anxiety can truly be horrible, but it also bugs me when people use that as an excuse for crappy behavior.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I love that there's now a step and repeat pattern in the SUR Back Alley. I wonder how it feels about this development?

And oh good grief with the "owning it," Lala. Hasn't Lisa had enough of that? Waaaaaaaahhhhhh I don't think like other peoplllllllleeeeeee. I understand that anxiety can truly be horrible, but it also bugs me when people use that as an excuse for crappy behavior.

I think LaLa used anxiety as an excuse to have some procedures done on her face - she looked different to me.  Also, was wondering if she may have been on a vacation somewhere, or had just gotten spray tanned - she was super tan!  

• Love 10

Seriously,Lala? You haven't been to work in TWO months and NOW you want to explain yourself? Oh hell no. Get the fuck out.  And if this three brothers thing doesn't work out, is ANYONE from the Schwartz family going to be there?? Weird that old Daddyo couldn't have gotten in the car and DRIVEN to his son's wedding,,,,,,

Maybe he knows something we don't!!  And to write that check for $20K when he owed $20K in student loans... THIS is what $20K gets you for a college graduate????  JEEBUS! DOAH! explain yourself?              

• Love 9

Stassi should never have worn that skin tight, stretchy pink dress in her THs.  All I saw were the multiple rolls.  Anything else would have been more flattering on her.

Lala is a pretty girl but ruins it by caking on the tanner and makeup.  She didn't even look human.  It was similar to the blueberry look she had in one of the reunions.

Katie picks ugly clothes for other people too.  Those bridesmaid dresses were just the worst.  It was cool that they had a pocket, though.  

• Love 9

Uhhhh WTF is up with James' chick's sister's lips????

I couldn't take my eyes off of them, and the red smear of color..wow and eating dinner with that crap on???

Creepy A.F.

Edited to add A.F. Is my new catch phrase...super excited about it...Ive already got On Fleek on a regular rotation

These cool cats at SUR are Fleek A.F!?

Edited by Christi
  • Love 18

Lala's nails should have been billed as "special guest stars" for this episode. Her blaming her behavior on her anxiety is almost as bad as Stacci saying she was going to kill herself after people were mean to her on twitter after that pool party episode. She's also a good sample case for "here's how to look way uglier than you actually are with makeup". And WTF was she wearing? It was even worse than what the others usually wear. Gah, these girls just try to make themselves look uglier and dirty on purpose, right?

PS. Katie? Spaghetti straps over a tshirt? The 90s called and they want their look back.

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 13

I admit that I'm not a fancy wedding kind of lady (though nice food and a generous bar work for me), but what is the point of having a ceremony "in nature" and then paying all that extra for flowers?

I don't hate the spaghetti-strap dress over a T-shirt in theory, but that was way too tight, blandly beige, and lumpy. 

I too was baffled by the student loan debt vs. the wedding. But, from what I can tell, at least he's getting something (however dubious) for his $20,000 for the wedding?  Exactly what is he doing with the education he is ostensibly paying for?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11

I'm confused.  Schwartz said he wrote a 20 thou check & showed it to the cam.  Uh, wait a fuckin' second here!  Didn't he say he only has a few thou in the bank to that homeless man lawyer, who they talked to about a pre-nup, only a few eps ago?  WTF?

You noticing "bears" in West Hollywood, Schwartz?  Just what are you doing all day, Schwartz, when Katie is working at SUR?  Oh, I forgot, none of these people (except Peter) actually works at SUR anymore.  Still, why are these 2 marrying?  OK, OK, I know, a storyline for this season.

Shay looked super angry & kinda stoned.  What a weird scene with those 2.  Scheana wasn't paying attention to him in the least & yet she was holding a sorta conversation with him.  It's like they were on different planets.  Weird, weird, weird.

Seeing fancy-shmancy Lisa in that dumpy motel room was a hoot.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I was surprised it was so dumpy on the iside, the outside looked kind of rustic California not swanky but nice but than the inside literally had a ironing board in the "foyer".

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Oh Lala trying to have a Kristen moment in the ally of sur! You are no Kristen Lala, get out of the ally! That's sacred ground! Also Lala, if you didn't show up for work for weeks, you think you still have a job? How does Lala human in the world? It seems she doesn't understand how humans do things. And suffering from anxiety is not an excuse to not call your place of employment for weeks at a time and to be all "i don't have to inform anybody, I just won't go into work ".

I had an employee pull this once.  The first day I was worried.  The second day I was pissed.  I called multiple times to see what was going on and then I just left a message saying I accepted his resignation and had his desk boxed up, but I didn't spend the money to send him his shit.  A few weeks later he contacted me to try and work things out like that was going to fly.  I told him we'd let him back in the building to get his belongings, but that was it.  He never came and got them.  This someone quite a few years into a professional career making over $100k, not a kid in their first job.  So I guess it is a thing that some people do sometimes. 

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

Does this mean that there's a chance that Schwartz got the brains in that family?

Wow, that's depressing....

That was my thought too -- "holy shit, Schwartz is the smart one?!?"

2 hours ago, Christi said:

Uhhhh WTF is up with James' chick's sister's lips????

I couldn't take my eyes off of them, and the red smear of color..wow and eating dinner with that crap on??emoji unicode: 1f617

Creepy A.F.

Edited to add A.F. Is my new catch phrase...super excited about it...Ive already got On Fleek on a regular rotation

These cool cats at SUR are Fleek A.F!emoji unicode: 1f44d

I was mesmerized.  Especially in the cut away of the first scene she was in when she had them all duck lipped out.  

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Well I guess this episode nixes the rumor that Tom comes from money.

I had that thought too.  Schwartz needs a prenup because he comes from money but his brothers need a scholarship from Jax and FI to pay for their $500 plane tickets?  I didn't believe the family money theory due to his parents bankruptcy and the fact that his dad was a police detective and he didn't grow up in a super well to do area.  But maybe now people will stop posting about rich Schwartz.

I'm kind of digging Jax as the unexpected and shady as hell voice of reason.  I was behind everything he said tonight, except candy corn being great -- that shit is nasty.  When Jax is throwing shade about you being irresponsible and he's making sense, you need to reexamine your life choices.

• Love 15

As the mom of a special needs kid, I picked up on some small cues and hints that lead me to believe that the triplets might face some extra challenges in their every day lives, and likely why they are living with mom and dad.  Gotta admit though, I don't understand why Schwartz's dad couldn't, oh I don't know...drive to the wedding?

I haven't been a Jax fan in a long time, but I've got to admit, he's winning me back a bit with his saying exactly what we are all thinking regarding a few of the relationships on this show.  Note to Scheana, Katie, and Schwartz...When you start to make Jax Taylor look wise, it's time to examine your choices.  And he's the only one with the balls/steroid raisins to do it.

• Love 11

Brittany! Come ON (re the triplet secret)!

I agree. Stassi looked like an "old Hollywood" screen goddess at the photo shoot.

Those bridesmaids dresses were a beautiful color, but NOT flattering. Even Kristin looked overweight.

Is Lala's eye makeup making her look cross-eyed?

Raquel's sister is the less attractive sister of Scarlett Johanssen. 

Aww. Carter was sweet reacting to Kristin telling him that the triplets were coming to the wedding! And with the dog. 

Lisa, please don't wear that head to toe white outfit again. 

Is that cake going to feed all their guests?

Heh, heh. I liked Schwartz's Tequila Katie, Tequila Katie, Tequila Katie joke. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5

What is a bear in West Hollywood? I don't understand.  I'm semi old, not hip and live in rural Washington.  Is that a descriptive term?

I'm so confused.....

It's possible Schwartz's dad has the kind of job where you can't get the time off to drive from Florida to California  and back to Florida. Or he doesn't get vacation time and financially it's too much to pay to go AND lose at least a week's worth of pay.

• Love 1

A bear is a heavier gay man with body hair.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bear

Katie has terrible taste which explains why she picked those dresses. At least they had pockets. Ariana should count herself lucky to not be a bridesmaid.

I kind of feel like Schwartz could have and should have ponied up money for his family to attend the wedding. The fact that neither happened speaks to all of the Schwartz family opinions about this wedding.

Are we watching the exact moment when Shay checked out of his marriage? Raquel's sister's lips were a nightmare. I guess I can be thankful that she chose a red lipstick rather than a nude color.

• Love 15

What the hell is up with Tom's family? His dad can't come to the wedding because he has severe anxiety about flying? Ever heard of a car? His sister can't get out of work? What does she do that doesn't give time off for family events if enough time is given? How early did they send the invites out? The triplet brothers can't go because they're completely broke? What is the story with this sad, pathetic family? It's Tom's wedding day and they're all acting like it's an invite to meet up at the local buffet for dinner. 

So Sandoval plays the trumpet? He really is a renaissance man. (*snort*) And I bet that's not the only time he's yelled, "You didn't finish your protein shake!" as a man left his apartment. 

Those bridesmaid dresses are blah. They reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on, but overall - just lame and depressing. 

Scheana has GOT to stop with the marriage advice or anecdotes. "Shay and I went to therapy once, didn't need it again....." Because you DIVORCED. Does he seem over her at this point or what? 

Schwartz comparing his impending wedding to Predator - just one more red flag in a sea of blood for these two. 

Katie, are babydoll dresses back in? What was she wearing???
So Katie let the wedding bill rack up to the $50k she promised it wouldn't get to....the conveniently can't find her checkbook. I see you, girl. 

Why did Lala need to come back and officially quit? Being gone for 2 months is sufficient enough. Lisa gets it. If you want camera time, keep your job. You can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Raquel's family is just as naive as she is. And her sister is Kelly Dodd, no? She's trying to get on another Bravo show since she bombed on OC, right?

• Love 24

I originally thought Katie had a string of terrible ideas (tea towels, fashion, bridesmaids dresses, etc.) but I realize that we just have completely different tastes. I'll be more surprised to love something from her than I will be to dislike it. To each their own...the real surprise is that the other women co-signed on that bridesmaids dress. Such good sports.

Does anyone else see the oxymoron of going out of your way to have a wedding surrounded by nature only to spend $10,000 to have flowers plucked for your wedding and those flowers are going to die in a day or so? It also doesn't make sense why you would need to add nature to a nature scenery.

Lala bothers to come back and give an explanation after 2 months of just walking out on her job? I can get anxiety, I can get needing to be with your family...I don't get why you couldn't pick up a phone and simply say 'I'm struggling right now and I need my family's support and I don't think working at Sur is good for me'. Done. She's full of excuses.

• Love 15

I think I nodded off at some point b/c I don't remember Schwartz's brothers arriving, the only thing I found remotely interesting this week.

I had totally forgotten about LaLa when she showed up at SUR with her lame excuses. I wouldn't be surpised if she were giving some rich old dude Lewisnkis in Europe during her absence.  DJ Muppet Baby supping with his gf's family was contrived, but the carnie sister distracted me from the banality. I thought Stassi looked terrible at that photoshoot. Why was she doing that? More thoughts to come after I rewatch this one.

• Love 3

Lala is such a drama queen, sitting there whining and droning on about her "anxiety" keeping her from showing up to actual job, blah,blah,blah...girl bye. You found a married mark or three to take care of you and decided to go have fun being kept arm candy/yacht girl for two months: no need for all the histrionics. Talk about someone who needs to "own it" already...funny thing is, most of us haven't even noticed her being gone.

Stassi's photo shoot...she looked good from the neck up, but just once I'd like to see one of these broads do an actual photo shoot that doesn't involve getting half naked and skanking it up. I would've liked seeing her actually rocking some elegant gowns or edgy professional gear, honestly. Guess it's way too easy to simply go back to the slutwear when these gals need to "get their groove back."

Scheana really overestimated her marital appeal, it looks like---like she finally got married and snagged Shay, and then gave up being a remotely supportive and hardworking partner. She seemed to have that immature marital outlook of most younger women who dive into it way too early: marriage is more than just a big ceremony and a year of pretty parties. It takes a ton of work and sacrifice and compromise. I dunno if Shay had merely overlooked the flaws in their relationship before then or maybe marriage gave him a whole new perspective on things, especially with her self-centered flippancy concerning his whole drug addiction issue. Just looking at the way she completely disregards their conversations and opinions and almost talks at him versus with him tells me all I need to know about that doomed marriage.

Speaking of doomed marriages, Katie & Tom have the worst taste ever, it appears. Worse taste than worst judgement, sadly enough. Those bland bridesmaid gowns were tragic and tastelessly lowcut too. And something is up with Tom's strangely disengaged family, that's for sure; it's almost like they already have written this marriage stuff off and moved on accordingly. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

think I nodded off at some point b/c I don't remember Schwartz's brothers arriving, the only thing I found remotely interesting this week.

They didnt they missed their flight, though it appears they arrive next week.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Damn Shays a jerk. Why was he so grumpy in that one scene? 

Because he got sober for his wife, and she continues to party all the time and hang out with people who party all the time and just expects him to drag his sober ass around and put up with it? 

• Love 20
47 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

So Sandoval plays the trumpet? He really is a renaissance man. (*snort*) And I bet that's not the only time he's yelled, "You didn't finish your protein shake!" as a man left his apartment. 

Eewww, that is so nasty!!  But I'm cracking up over here! LMAO!!

Edited by Sai
  • Love 7

Here's what I don't get: If Katie and Schwartz can somehow afford over $50,000 for this shindig, including over $10,000 just for "extra" flowers, then why in the hell couldn't they afford to lay out the $1500 it's apparently costing his friends to pay for Schwartz's brothers to come to the wedding, and maybe buy a train ticket for his dad? This doesn't make sense. If Schwartz really wanted his family there, there was nothing preventing him from getting them there.

• Love 24

Lala's nails should have been billed as "special guest stars" for this episode. Her blaming her behavior on her anxiety is almost as bad as Stacci saying she was going to kill herself after people were mean to her on twitter after that pool party episode. She's also a good sample case for "here's how to look way uglier than you actually are with makeup". And WTF was she wearing? It was even worse than what the others usually wear. Gah, these girls just try to make themselves look uglier and dirty on purpose, right?

PS. Katie? Spaghetti straps over a tshirt? The 90s called and they want their look back.

I think Lala could be really gorgeous if she'd stop dressing and making herself up like she just drove her 1984 Duster into town from her trailer park in Covina. I don't know how she (supposedly) keeps pulling all these rich, sophisticated married men when she gets herself up like a two-bit hooker. She needs a visit from the wonderful British ladies from the original "What Not to Wear". They'd straighten her out, and feel her up. Win-win.

• Love 16

What the hell is up with Tom's family? His dad can't come to the wedding because he has severe anxiety about flying? Ever heard of a car? His sister can't get out of work? What does she do that doesn't give time off for family events if enough time is given? How early did they send the invites out? The triplet brothers can't go because they're completely broke? What is the story with this sad, pathetic family? It's Tom's wedding day and they're all acting like it's an invite to meet up at the local buffet for dinner. 

Those bridesmaid dresses are blah. They reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on, but overall - just lame and depressing. 

Scheana has GOT to stop with the marriage advice or anecdotes. "Shay and I went to therapy once, didn't need it again....." Because you DIVORCED. Does he seem over her at this point or what? 

Schwartz comparing his impending wedding to Predator - just one more red flag in a sea of blood for these two. 

So Katie let the wedding bill rack up to the $50k she promised it wouldn't get to....the conveniently can't find her checkbook. I see you, girl. 

Why did Lala need to come back and officially quit? Being gone for 2 months is sufficient enough. Lisa gets it. If you want camera time, keep your job. You can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Raquel's family is just as naive as she is. And her sister is Kelly Dodd, no? She's trying to get on another Bravo show since she bombed on OC, right?

I wonder if the $51,000+ included the $15,000 she spent on her dress.

• Love 3

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I am rewatching season 4. During Schwartz and Katie's engagement party, Schwartz mentioned his father not being there and his fear of flying but then said "he will definitely be there for the wedding." I can't imagine missing your son's wedding. It sounded like his dad was retired so I can't believe he wouldn't make the drive, no matter how long. And his sister wasn't at the wedding because she had to work? Is that for real? I don't think he mentioned her at the engagement party, but I don't think she was shown so I'm not sure if she made it to that.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I wonder if the $51,000+ included the $15,000 she spent on her dress.

Would that be on the event location bill?  They also paid for the tacky tea towels and various other things-my guess is they, meaning Katie, spent closer to $75,000.00.

15 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I am rewatching season 4. During Schwartz and Katie's engagement party, Schwartz mentioned his father not being there and his fear of flying but then said "he will definitely be there for the wedding." I can't imagine missing your son's wedding. It sounded like his dad was retired so I can't believe he wouldn't make the drive, no matter how long. And his sister wasn't at the wedding because she had to work? Is that for real? I don't think he mentioned her at the engagement party, but I don't think she was shown so I'm not sure if she made it to that.

Is it possible Schwartz family did not want to be on camera? 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Would that be on the event location bill?  They also paid for the tacky tea towels and various other things-my guess is they, meaning Katie, spent closer to $75,000.00.

Is it possible Schwartz family did not want to be on camera? 

The wedding was last year, but this was just in the "new" last month.  So they were probably already having money issues.  But another thing I was wondering: Schwartz was born and raised in Minnesota and only moved to Florida for college.  So how did the whole family end up in Florida?  Seems odd for the entire family to move just because Tom is going to college in Florida.

http://radaronline.com/videos/tom-schwartz-parents-bankruptcy-vanderpump-rules/

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Jesus God Leah, that is just insane to me. To each their own. If that's how you want to spend your money. But I just think - "I could buy 3 cars for that." Or "I could put half down on a house and get some super cheap mortgage payments". Holy moly, that's insane for just ONE day, to me. Especially for a couple who can't get along long enough to have a meal together. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

The wedding was last year, but this was just in the "new" last month.  So they were probably already having money issues.  But another thing I was wondering: Schwartz was born and raised in Minnesota and only moved to Florida for college.  So how did the whole family end up in Florida?  Seems odd for the entire family to move just because Tom is going to college in Florida.

http://radaronline.com/videos/tom-schwartz-parents-bankruptcy-vanderpump-rules/

Maybe once his dad retired they decided to move to a warmer climate? 

• Love 4

She does look like Kelly Dodd doesn't she!

• Love 4

So the $51,000.00 didn't include the cake-Tom and Katie had to bring their own cake-two days before the event? 

I had a second thought about the $51,000.00 bill, maybe it included lodging for everyone and the others decided to pay for the own lodging?  I still can't imagine they could book a place without a huge deposit or pre-paid.

• Love 4

Most wedding venues want their money at the least 2 weeks before the event to make sure the money clears and wouldn’t they have had to put down at least $10 as a deposit from the jump? Also how can each Katie and Tom write out checks for $20K+ when they each claimed having less than $4K in the bank.

Is Tom’s dad on the run from the law? I don’t understand why he couldn’t drive or take a greyhound part of the way to make it to his son’s wedding. Also are Tom’s brothers the 3 Stoogies?

The dress over the shirt was not a pucker n pout fashion statement. I think Katie poured coffee down her shirt while driving to the woods. The producers probably saw them climb out of the car, saw that mess and told her to change.

Carter and Kristen in the bedroom…sorry I can’t with Carter, he creeps me out. What exactly does he do that he actually has all this time to film with VPR.

Lala – I have a feeling the only reason she came in to SUR to talk to Lisa was because lawyers got involved. I wonder what she needed to do “contractually” so she would not be sued.

The Bridesmaids dresses - considering Katie's poor fashion choices I thought they looked nice.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

So the $51,000.00 didn't include the cake-Tom and Katie had to bring their own cake-two days before the event? 

I had a second thought about the $51,000.00 bill, maybe it included lodging for everyone and the others decided to pay for the own lodging?  I still can't imagine they could book a place without a huge deposit or pre-paid.

It seems like Schwartz and Katie are splitting the wedding costs. Unless Katie agreed to pay for a larger percentage of the wedding and is putting down $31,000 then it's likely that they both put in $5000 each for the deposit and now owe approximately $20,000 each for the total invoice. I also find it hard to believe that the venue wouldn't take some sort of deposit since they would have to reserve the space for them.

So that bill seems to include venue, flowers (which I guess the venue arranged), lodging, food and likely open bar. I'm going to assume that cost also covers the ceremony and reception decor that she was able to select via the venue because that does work out to an awful lot for a wedding of just 100 people. Even including the reception dinner - still a lot given that the crowd will be much smaller than the reception. That total doesn't even include her outfit, his outfit, invitations and likely doesn't include photography, DJ, etc.

• Love 1

Insanity. Thats an *insane* amount of money to spend on one day, making what they do((he's barely employed and she's barely a waitress)) and having the messy excuse of a relationship that they supposedly do. But then again, I've never understood the allure of hosting big and expensive weddings, especially if the couple isn't remotely wealthy and/or famous. They could've used that money to at least save up for a down-payment on a house or something far more practical. I know it's "her day" and all, but I'm questioning Katie's general logic/intelligence more and more with each episode. 

• Love 8

Sexy Stassi Schroeder, indeed. Yowza, girl.

Have Swartz's triplet brothers ever been mentioned before? I'm now intrigued by them in a rubbernecking way.

Man Jax must be taking smart pills because he's making all kinds of sense.

Right? He's been on fire with his commentaries.

That was totally WTF. Maybe it came from a cannabis bakery.

Also how can each Katie and Tom write out checks for $20K+ when they each claimed having less than $4K in the bank.

I'm guessing they got their VR's paychecks in advance.

. .   <----- The two shits I couldn't give about LaLa and her anxiety woes.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 11

That was one sad little wedding cake. I hope they were planning to decorate it once they hauled it all the way to the venue. 

Stassi just had to hog some of her own little photo shoot camera time since she wasn't at the big annual SUR shoot. She and her body did look gorgeous, though. Sometimes I think she's so pretty, other times she looks chunky and ordinary. I don't get it. Must be camera angles. 

So are all the Shwartz men in the family losers? And Dad, come on. I get that driving from Fl to CA is a bitch. I've done it. It takes 4 days there and 4 days back. So get some Xanax (or alot), have a drink or two on the plane, just get your ass to the airport and fly to your son's wedding. I have a fear of flying as well as navigating myself around airports, and that's what I do because sometimes it's a necessity and you have no choice.   

Scheana clearly put her VPR cast mates (friends) above her relationship with sober Shay. He seems hurt and pissed off about it. I would be, too. She tells him he has to sober up, then when he does, she's not interested in the relationship because she has to film all of the drinking party and destination scenes for the show, so he spends his time at the studio. Then she finds another boyfriend within weeks of the split.  It's kind of sad to watch because we all know the marriage ends. But the baby making talk, really, Scheana, stop. You were never that invested in the marriage to begin with.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

No way she stayed there! I remember on her Beverly Hills housewives show when she and Ken went on vacation with the other couples and she had a hissy fit because she and Ken didn't have two separate bathrooms in their room. Oh, no, that cabin would never do for Ms. Vanderbucks. I'm sure she had a limo waiting to take her to the nearest 5 star resort. It was fun, though, seeing the close up of her makeup sweating off her face while she was sitting on that dumpy couch fanning herself. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No way she stayed there! I remember on her Beverly Hills housewives show when she and Ken went on vacation with the other couples and she had a hissy fit because she and Ken didn't have two separate bathrooms in their room. Oh, no, that cabin would never do for Ms. Vanderbucks. I'm sure she had a limo waiting to take her to the nearest 5 star resort. It was fun, though, seeing the close up of her makeup sweating off her face while she was sitting on that dumpy couch fanning herself. 

The place is in the middle of nowhere. That place is probably the nicest place within 1h30-2hours from the venue. 

• Love 7

Goodness! I can't imagine how these 2 people came up with around 75k for a wedding.  That's so stupid.  And let's not discount HOW MANY bridal showers/parties before the day? 

My wedding was 5k. 5k - food, venue, liquor, bartender, cake, bagpipe player (ok, we may or may not have been a junky I found at Union Square, but still....) my dress was 400, handmade, silk, I'm 4'9" and was not going to wear a merengue.  My husband's kilt was 600. Ok,  6k. We were married on a Jeremiah O'Brien in SF bay. It was awesome! Danced all afternoon and night! Everyone was appropriately fed and drink'd... 14 cakes.  Lol. I can't even fathom 75k for a wedding.  If i had that, I'd buy a house! A nice house! 

Idiots. 

Scheana, yeah, next year, you'll be pregnant, my ass. Lol. Shay is OUT!

The bridesmaid dresses looked like cheap rayon. I liked the color, but cheap cheap cheap... $35 a piece down at Santee Alley in downtown LA, for sure.

Bah! Help me! 10k for flowers? Get your ass up at the crack of dawn and hit the flower market with $250 on your way up to the forest.  Don't get roses, but wildflowers or flowers like them, simple easy, have the girls in the bridesmaid party put them together while you do a massage or something.  You're in the forest you idiots! 

Edited by hatchetgirl
Adding info....
  • Love 13