Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Triple Trouble

• Start Topic

On 3/14/2017 at 3:46 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

We don't know what they make.  It's possible, but they make not make all that much from Bravo.  And they live in LA.  75 thou will take a big chunk outta whatever they have.  I'm still not getting Katie's casual attitude about these expenses.

I noticed that she managed to "forget" her checkbook.  So there's that.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I think I am the only person who feels bad for Katie about the tea towels. Don't get me wrong--they're not my cup of tea (rimshot). But I could tell she was going for a fun, unique keepsake that people could reuse and remember fondly. And what she got was "um what is this giant rag?" from pretty much everyone.

Who on the show claimed they were a gigantic rag? On the Internet but I can't remember anyone on the show saying it, maybe Tom but he was pissed because he hadn't been consulted on them or the price. I feel bad because she got ripped off and didn't get good advice from where she got the invites. After paying $18.50 she had to assemble including folding and putting in the response card which neither she or the vendor noticed didn't have a line for the person and guests name. I have had friends do similar things that looked a hell of a lot better and came ready to be sent for 1/3-1/2 the price, she should demand a refund or at least right a shitty review on yelp.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jel said:

Will Bravo be reimbursing Katie and Tom for their wedding expenses, since it's a part of the show? Did Sheana and the beatsmaker get any money back? Anyone know?

There is an interview with a producer in the media thread. It's worth watching. Bravo didn't give Scheana one cent. They didn't give Katie and Schwartz any money either. The producer talked about how good Scheana was at negotiating deals that she should do event planning or be a producer for real.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I dunno, I saw her on WWHL, & she didn't have much of a top on & they looked sized for her body & also jiggly like a real boob.

Ya, strike that/reverse it. She posted some stuff about extreme push-up bras which would explain it. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Who on the show claimed they were a gigantic rag? On the Internet but I can't remember anyone on the show saying it, maybe Tom but he was pissed because he hadn't been consulted on them or the price. I feel bad because she got ripped off and didn't get good advice from where she got the invites. After paying $18.50 she had to assemble including folding and putting in the response card which neither she or the vendor noticed didn't have a line for the person and guests name. I have had friends do similar things that looked a hell of a lot better and came ready to be sent for 1/3-1/2 the price, she should demand a refund or at least right a shitty review on yelp.

Stassi called it a rag, the internets called it a giant rag. Lara from Sexy Unique Podcast called it a cum rag. I thought that went too far...and then Katie instagrammed she was starting a gofundme against Lara (whatever that means). 

Oh, what a tangled web...

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

The only apartment being referred to as "crappy" is the one FI & Ari are in.  It looks like a dump.

Didn't FI say he's lived there for ten years, and that it's rent controlled? As long as he's content, it's probably smart of him to remain there and build up a nest egg, since the VR gig won't last forever.

• Love 7
On 14/03/2017 at 1:00 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Also candy corn is evil! 

I know you had an amazing post, but being Australian, I have to ask, what's so bad about candy corn. I know it's rubbished by Americans, but having never tried it, I'd like to know :) .

• Love 1

- This season has convinced me that Katie is a full blown monster.   Can't stand her.  So smug and dumb.

- That scary music, Blair Witch style segment of Stassi driving in the woods was funny.

- Love Jax shading Scheana and Shay and worrying he'll be in the delivery room with her while Shay lays down hip beats in the studio.  Jax is like a steroidal stinky oracle sometimes--he has always had their number.   WTH was up with Scheana announcing she needs to see a fertility doctor now to be ready to get pregnant later because she's a "planner".   Awesome closeup of the glamour shot of Scheana and Shay on their prissy 10 year old girl decorated marital bedroom, then the camera draws back to another scene from their doomed marriage.   I was digging hostile, DGAF, done with it Shay in that scene. 

- Dinner at Raquel's fam, oh my.   Those throne- like, crest -embossed dining chairs.  Their gasps of horror at James not working at SUR any longer were so fake, and asking him to serve the lasagna as he works at a restaurant.   The lasagna and garlic break looked yum though.   

- Evrybody, Lala SUFFERS from anxiety!  Go easy on her!  Hahaha

• Love 6
On March 17, 2017 at 2:25 AM, aussieinsydney said:

I know you had an amazing post, but being Australian, I have to ask, what's so bad about candy corn. I know it's rubbished by Americans, but having never tried it, I'd like to know :) .

Candy corn is one of those things people either love or hate. Most people I know HATE them and think they're disgusting.. but my dad and I love them lol. I can only eat a few because they're pure sugar but idk something about the waxy-colorful candies are yummy to me! But only around Halloween. 

Also.. I just learned that the kernels can all be put together to form one big cob! Lol which makes sense why they're called candy corns and why they have those 3 colors. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, msgxoxo said:

Candy corn is one of those things people either love or hate. Most people I know HATE them and think they're disgusting.. but my dad and I love them lol. I can only eat a few because they're pure sugar but idk something about the waxy-colorful candies are yummy to me! But only around Halloween. 

Also.. I just learned that the kernels can all be put together to form one big cob! Lol which makes sense why they're called candy corns and why they have those 3 colors. 

Goodness, I love candy corn any time of the year! You're right about the way sugar.  I like to eat it one color at a time, starting at the wee top, then the middle and finally, the butt.  Lol. It's so wrong, it's right! Now I want some! Yummy! 

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:29 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'm confused.  Schwartz said he wrote a 20 thou check & showed it to the cam.  Uh, wait a fuckin' second here!  Didn't he say he only has a few thou in the bank to that homeless man lawyer, who they talked to about a pre-nup, only a few eps ago?  WTF?

[...]

Shay looked super angry & kinda stoned.  What a weird scene with those 2.  Scheana wasn't paying attention to him in the least & yet she was holding a sorta conversation with him.  It's like they were on different planets.  Weird, weird, weird.

I wonder if Schwartz writing that $20K check really took place before the scene in which he whined about only having a few thousands in his bank account?

These scenes with Shay and Schemer are always amusing when juxtaposed with her bragging to everyone about how great their marriage is. I have to congratulate whoever thought of starting that one scene with a close-up of her wedding poster and pulling back to reveal our happy couple.

I've seen that candy store before but I cannot recall if it was earlier this season for one of Katie's many bridal parties or was last season for Schemer and Shay's wedding.

• Love 1

It was Dylan's Candy Bar. Scheana used them for her wedding and she continues to have a good relationship with them because she used them for Shay and Carter's birthday party. Dylan Lauren is ideally suited to working with reality TV because she's managed to make a ton of money by selling mostly grocery store candy in boutiques.

• Love 3
Dylan Lauren is ideally suited to working with reality TV because she's managed to make a ton of money by selling mostly grocery store candy in boutiques.
Yeah, I wondered why those bins appeared to have Brach's candy in them...
  • Love 3

I go to a knitting group at the Grove/Farmers Market, so I'm over there fairly regularly.  Occasionally I'll go into Dylan's Candy Bar when I'm there, thinking I want candy, but I always immediately walk back out.  It's like The Sweet Factory at any other mall but more expensive and I can't figure out why it costs more.  I always just end up going to one of the fruit stand stalls and getting chili mangoes (but not the asshole nut stall that wants $15/lb for them! wth!) or walking up to Laduree and getting macarons.   

• Love 3

This a weird question but im going to ask. Does anyone the name of the song Tom Sandoval was playing the trumpet with the band at Katie & Tom's wedding in last nights episode of Vanderpump Rules?

2 hours ago, gmunoz71 said:

This a weird question but im going to ask. Does anyone the name of the song Tom Sandoval was playing the trumpet with the band at Katie & Tom's wedding in last nights episode of Vanderpump Rules?

Thanks for asking because now i realize I sang the wrong words back in the day! It's "Dance Hall Days," (not "dance all day," as I thought) by Wang Chung.