Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: A Honeymoon and a Courtship

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

All it said was "this summer." I imagine they'll be lined up for July Sweeps, so if Joy really is getting married at the end of April, plenty of time to show her "romance" and air her wedding sometime in August. And get another Jessa announcement the week before they show Joy's wedding. If she's even four weeks along with an August announcement, that puts Henry and the new one 14 months apart. It wouldn't surprise me. 

Jill's due around then too, right? And Jinger will probably a couple months along.

With 4 of them married they could be popping out babies at the rate of 2 a season.

19 hours ago, sATL said:

I wonder if Jana doesn't  want to be a wife and/or mother or she's overly picky - looking for man that meets her "dreams and prayers", as opposed to meeting  a man and seeing him for what he is. I liked the rumor of Tim Tebow showing interest, but the man works on Sundays and travels. That is a no-no in their spouses. So, she probably gave him the axe for that simple reason.

Tim Tebow never showed interest in Jana Duggar and I will bet money on that. Any "Tim and Jana" romance was cooked up by KJB and his child bride to get additional seasons of the show. If you've read anything at all about Mr. Tebow, his tastes don't run to nice Christian girls. He prefers models and (in one instance) the previously married. I also note the deafening silence about his "V" card over the past year or so; one might think he's no longer in possession of it. Jana is a terrific person but he would be a) bored to tears and b) would NEVER join the Duggar family. He doesn't need them.

I have to wonder if there is another reason why Jana remains unmarried. In any case, good for her that she won't find herself in five years with multiple children, a husband who has no idea how to support their family, and appearing on "Marriage Boot Camp" so they can keep the lights on and the kids fed.

• Love 4

I'm glad Jeremy has a paying job and all, but what's with the husbands all having to be preachers? We were all excited that Derick had an *actual* job in the real world, but now look at him. And Ben doesn't have a job because he's studying to be a preacher. I'm not saying that preaching isn't an honest job or hard work, just that it would be...refreshing?...if one of them had aspirations to do something that wasn't based in religion.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

They've got a new season of next season.

Why can every other show on the planet get cancelled, but the Duggars are like cockroaches after a thermonuclear incident?

Joy is too young to get married. Period.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Anyone who speaks in that smiley fake soft voice is a volcano underneath.  

This is what I come back to every time I think of him. I suppose there are exceptions to this, but I can't say I've ever met any. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I imagine Joy's wedding will be the season finale. They'll have plenty of time to show wedding planning next season. I imagine the proposal will come early on. What else do we have? One episode leaving for/in Danger America (or clips of said episode...I don't think they can carry a whole episode), Jessa's birth episode, and Joy's courtship/engagement. The Howlers aren't doing shit we haven't seen before, and Jana became a non-entity this past season. I think she had even less screen time than her despiscable parents; we barely saw her unless it was in a TH segment. 

When's Jill due? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Monday's episode. They were sitting around in a circle in someone's home.

Sorry for the delay.back online.. storm passed though area and I lost power for a 10 min. just now getting back, as I don't like to use laptops during storms.

I will scroll through episode again to find the "girl talk" part, later. Gotta catch up on another show that is on now.

If someone else still has the episode, please let us know.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy really sucked up. He claims he sent back 100 pages. 

I would like to think he was being a smart ass. Fill out this 50 page application. Sure thing. Here's 100 pages back bitch

• Love 13

Duggar Fact!

If Michelle was a kangaroo, each of her pregnancies would have been approx 31-36 days long. At the beginning she would literally be able to pause the pregnancy by preventing the blastocyst from attaching to the uterine wall. Michelle would have delivered babies weighing less than a gram each. Those babies would climb out of one of her three vaginas, and into her pouch, where they would latch onto a tit for at least 9 months. 

Michelle would also be capable of comfortably hopping at 25km/h, and up to 70km/h in short bursts. 

Michelle's farts would contain very little methane.  .

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Why can every other show on the planet get cancelled, but the Duggars are like cockroaches after a thermonuclear incident?

My theory is that it's because I hate this show and see its airing as a crime against humanity (not even kidding). I say this because, whenever a show is a real favorite of mine, that's a clear sign that it will be canceled almost immediately. Ergo, I figure that a show that I not only loathe, fear and despise but think people might actually deserve jail for creating will most likely remain on television until the apocalypse. Or after.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do we know for sure it was JEREMY who insisted on the 6 month rule? I thought Benessa said "they," but I've already deleted it from the DVR, so I'm not going back to look. Maybe JINGER said it! And if she did, good for her! 

I'm thinking they want private time and Jer thinks 6 months is what it will take to de-program her.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm thinking they want private time and Jer thinks 6 months is what it will take to de-program her.

I'm worried he wants to RE-program her to his headship.   Maybe that is why they are so quiet on social media? 

How sick is this conversation?  This is a 24 year old woman we are talking about.  De-program. Re-program. So freaking bizarre. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 2/28/2017 at 7:56 PM, cereality said:

I feel like with each of these engagements - I and many here - have tried to find that some way this marriage would be better for the Duggar girls than the isolated TTC life. With Derick and Jer it was - college educated men; with friends; who would show their wives a whole different life full of Indian/Greek/Chinese food, cable news, TV shows, going out with friends etc. We can see how it worked out with Derick. We'll see how it goes with Jer - I think it's a 20-80 shot that her life is better (meaning 20% chance that she experiences a fun normal 20-something life). With Bin - there were no positives in my mind of marrying a jobless 19 yr old who needs to clean your father's toilets for work.

Not so sure about Austin. I put him more in the Bin category. Unlike Bin the positive is that he DOES have marketable skills - construction; bulldozer business; pilots license; house flipper. So he will be able to earn a living. But for Joy I feel like she's going from daddy's fundie home to Austin's fundie home. Unlike 2 of her sisters there is ZERO chance this guy exposes her to Broadway, sushi, or TV or books or even interesting/diverse friends - since a large number of his friends are Duggar brothers and I imagine the rest are other church people that Joy already knows. It'll be the same surface level God talk between them as they try to make conversation in their empty home post-marriage. It may even be worse than Bin bc Bin was HOT for Jessa. I think they weren't trying to make tons of conversations when they were alone in the house pre-kids bc they were getting it on as much as possible. I don't necessarily see Joy and Austin's life like that. Sure she'll do her wifely duties, but I feel like both of them will see it as a duty - to try to get pregnant.

I admit I was hoping that Derrick would pull Jill out of the Gothard life she grew up in and that hasn't happened, but I think it's because Jill doesn't want to leave her family. Everything Derrick wanted was so far out of Jill's comfort zone, that it sent her scurrying back as close as she could to the Duggar compound. While she obviously doesn't like Danger America, SOS is still familiar enough and her family visits enough that she doesn't "panic and run, panic and run".

Jessa wants a Christian life and Ben has introduced to her non-Gothard approved aspects of Christianity. I think she'd go for a mainstream Fundamental lifestyle, but since Ben has no way to support them w/o TLC & Jim-Boob, they're stuck.

I'm hoping that Jinger has greater odds than 20/80. Jeremy seems to be less insecure and less impressed by Jim-Boob than Derrick and Ben. I think as long as Jeremy stays with his own church, she'll be more Fundamental Christian and less Gothard.

There's no hope for Joy. Austin was raised in the same environment as Joy and is besties with her brothers. He's going to flip houses, work on the camp, and spend time with the J-boys while she's stuck at home or at the camp working and raising babies, all under the watchful eyes of either her siblings or in-laws. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 9
On 3/1/2017 at 0:57 AM, BitterApple said:

I wonder if there's just nobody in their area for Jana to date. Most Fundie guys in the 27-32 age range are probably already married. The Duggars have a small social circle and from the pictures I've seen of their gatherings it's mostly women and hordes of children. Since Joshgates, the family doesn't seen to travel en masse like they used to, so I don't think Jana has much opportunity to meet eligible bachelors. JD can't even find a wife and the boys are given much more leeway to date outside the cult.

I think the reality of the brothers not moving into the precious stages of life such as courting, engagement, marriage and children all boils down to $$.  In order for the males to move on they need to take a piece of the pie with them -- and JB feels there's only enough pie for him.  If you sit back and watch he seems to have legal ownership of all of the real property "the family" owns.  He even took ownership over all properties his father owned & no doubt functions as head of household to his mother. 

They haven't educated those kids and now the only one who appears able to go off and potentially break free at this point is Jinger.  Although everyone is holding their breath because we know Derek folded like a wet tissue, throwing away a real career and winding up stuck back under JB's thumb.  It even looked like Josh was going to break free there for a hot minute, but then JB's upbringing showed itself in spades and Josh had to bring Anna and the kids home in dire straits. 

A quick peak at the Bates family really outlines the problem with the Duggars, and the fact it all points back to JB -- and Michelle for abandoning all she was and had the potential to be and allowing this nonsense to go on. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

IF Jana wants to date, why does she need to date someone older than she?

She doesn't, it's just that I think Jana is an "old" 27. I can't see her dating a guy three years younger like Jessa did. The gap in maturity would be way too wide.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I would like to think he was being a smart ass. Fill out this 50 page application. Sure thing. Here's 100 pages back bitch

I wonder if he deliberately used as many words as he could that Jim Bob wouldn't know.

• Love 17

I see Jana as the most mature of all the sisters.  If she ever decides to marry, I think it will be with an "older" man - someone at least 5 years older than her. Even Jeremy (who is 30 or close to it) seems too immature for Jana IMO.  Though Jana is only in her mid 20's, she appears so much more mature than the other 4 sisters.  She doesn't even give that silly "ha-ha" phony laugh that Jessa, Jill, and Joy give that drives me crazy.  Jinger used to laugh like that, but Jeremy has taught her that it's okay to really hoot.  Jeremy doesn't get a lot of positives here in this forum, but I really like the guy.  He's gonna have to prove me wrong before I believe he was a bad choice for Jinger (and I hope he never does).

• Love 15
On 2/27/2017 at 9:39 PM, SuzyLee said:

Bin "Does anybody here believe that?!" Seewald has a semi-working knowledge of what a joey is, but the two Teen Duggar boys drew a complete blank.  It's pretty bad when Bin knows something that others don't.  How the hell does someone over the age of 10 not know that a joey is a baby kangaroo?  I guess the SOTDRT didn't cover that during the one week they weren't discussing religion. 

Bwahahaha I am glad to see the producers are still having fun playing "Stump the Duggars" each week!  I totally think the backstage crew takes turns writing down questions and placing bets on which kid will be able to answer correctly.

On 2/27/2017 at 10:07 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

What were the siblings doing putting vacuum cleaner hoses in their mouths? I don't see how that would have been allowed!.

WTF???  We cut the cable cord so I don't watch anymore, I just follow here.  But again, I ask...WTF?!

On 3/1/2017 at 9:46 AM, Churchhoney said:

If she's even close to that dense, he's definitely going to get sick of it eventually. I'm sure his role as big-man-and-professor-Higgins in this relationship suits his ego to a tee at the moment. But how many times do the things that initially attract us to a relationship turn out to be the things that make us want to rip our eyeballs out down the line? Lots and lots of times, as far as I know. 

This is why I'm curious about the 6-month no visitors rule.  Isn't that kind of like buying a new puppy and then leaving it alone while you go off to work all day?  He's going to come home to see Jinge staring out the window, listening for his car in the driveway, and then climbing straight up him as soon as he walks in the door.  She may even piddle a bit in excitement.  I would think the novelty of having a worshipful child-bride might wear off pretty quick.  Here's hoping Jer is using the 6 months to help Jinge get a job, or enroll in a photography class, or helping her meet new people.  And I can't blame him one bit for not wanting 17 people and 79 pieces of luggage to end up in his house at any given moment.

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And I can't blame him one bit for not wanting 17 people and 79 pieces of luggage to end up in his house at any given moment.

THANK YOU!!!!  My sentiments exactly.

• Love 18
(edited)

I like to think of it as Jeremy distancing himself and Jinger from Josh.  He's been out in the real world enough to understand how truly repulsive Josh is, and if he's the least bit normal he won't want Jinger and their future children anywhere near him.  The Duggars seen to have an all or nothing policy so maybe he's making a statement.

That said, I don't think Jinger should have to chose between Jeremy and her family.  I just want someone, anyone, to turn their back on Josh and call him out for the piece of crap he really is.

Edited by Abmis
puncuation
  • Love 5
(edited)

I liked that Jinger and Jeremy wanted to set healthy boundaries with the Duggars, but six months is excessive.  I'm thinking it was Jeremy's statement that they were the Vuolos and wouldn't be absorbed under Jim Bob's umbrella headship.  Weren't the promos for this season  taken after the wedding? If so, she's at least been able to see her brothers and sisters.  Maybe it's more of a they will travel to the Duggars for visits and want to keep Laredo for themselves for the time being.

I think it's more disturbing that Jim Bob and Michelle sent J'kids to El Salvador to check in on Jill every month or two. Felt like they wanted to keep them within their orbit.  Jinger and Jana were also frequent visitors to DC when Josh and Anna lived there.  Jinger doesn't want J'kids reporting her every move or saying she's breaking the Duggar rules while they get established.

I think that Ben scoffed at the six months rule because he thought that Jinger and Jeremy were his close friends.  That rule would be fine for the others, but he's their Benji and thought the Seewalds would be frequent visitors. 

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Did you name her after Pippi Longstocking?  Another delightful book Duggars would have not allowed. Independent daughter of a sea captain, dragging Tommy and Annika into all of her mischief.

We did!  I used to watch those movies as a kid and loved them!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

We did!  I used to watch those movies as a kid and loved them!

I am Pippi Longstocking if you say it fast it's funny! She actually had something like 9 names. I bet your kitty girl is a tortie or a calico!

Pity the Duggar kids never got to enjoy such great stories and movies. Pippi's skirt was too short and defrauding.

• Love 1
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

I am Pippi Longstocking if you say it fast it's funny! She actually had something like 9 names. I bet your kitty girl is a tortie or a calico!

Pity the Duggar kids never got to enjoy such great stories and movies. Pippi's skirt was too short and defrauding.

HA!  She IS a tortie!  At her chin its white with black spots and looks like she has oreo crumbs all over her mouth and it does not match the rest of her.  She is also quite sassy like her namesake.  But quite lovable.  And she is the boss of her senior citizen older brothers.  Bless their patience.

I think of all I read and watched as a child and it is quite sad that they are so sheltered.  My sister and I speak in 'movie' and 'book' and I guess they could with the bible but its more fun to use a large library of books/movies and see if they get it.  My sister also likes to use 'You are on your way Spaz' from Meatballs and I seem to be the only one who gets it in our circle.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Isn't that kind of like buying a new puppy and then leaving it alone while you go off to work all day?  He's going to come home to see Jinge staring out the window, listening for his car in the driveway, and then climbing straight up him as soon as he walks in the door.  She may even piddle a bit in excitement.  

This made me LOL, and I can definitely see it. Jinger has those huge, puppy-dog eyes.

I only hope she doesn't do what our black lab puppy did when left alone--he ate the wallpaper off our guest bathroom.

An earlier poster mentioned that Babe isn't a Gothardite. What exactly is he? Which denomination, I mean?

• Love 4

It's non-denominational on the conservative reformed side, but not ultra-conservative and doesn't seem to have any VF, Gothard, whathaveyou ties.  They do mention church discipline (red flag for me) and their marriage section is out of the 1950s (another red flag). 

• Love 4

Yahoo, got our on Demand fixed so I'm finally watching the show again!  (Not exactly sure if I should be happy about that or not.)

"He's got good stick and rudder skillz, as they say" per JD.  Love it!

That annoying aggrieved look when Austin comes a-courtin'.  And the questioning about how the house flipping is going as if he cares how the guy will support his daughter (exhibit A and B- see, Ben and Derick).  Ugh, so put on and fake, I could hardly stand looking.  As if he had no idea it was coming and he was completely blindsided!  As if he was not arranging this to keep the gravy train rolling!

Duh. "Her heart for the Lord, her diligence, her character"  Required responses.  Every single hopeful suitor says the same about his intended.  "Her... beauty" (ie, boobage, as stated above!)

It must feel incredibly weird for Jinger to be alone with Jer.  She is one of the most natural and relatable Duggars and I'm happy she has (hopefully) been freed, yet has such a strange put-on act with the wiggling eyebrows and pulling faces and "Babe!!".  I think a lot of that stems from discomfort with the situation so she tries to act cute and flip.

• Love 7

When Austin went to talk to Jim Bob, what kinda room was that?  An office?  I saw a Bible laying open.  What were in all those boxes?

Why did JinJer have twin beds in their honeymoon room?  They were both slept in too.  I thought that was super weird.   

• Love 2

@Natalie68, I love torties! They have so much personality and attitude. We lost our sweet Tabitha last year.

At least we don't put kittens in pitchers or try to run down cats with sleds. I will never understand WHY these people have been allowed to breed. Pitcher kittens can be a metaphor for being raised Duggar.  You can see the sky, but we know you can't climb up the sides to escape!

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Tortitude ;) 

I call it Truditude. My tortie is Trudy. Technically a tortie a way; she is a tuxedo with an orange smudge on her forehead, a few random swatches elsewhere if you look closely, and traces of buff on the edges of her white belly.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

When Austin went to talk to Jim Bob, what kinda room was that?  An office?  I saw a Bible laying open.  What were in all those boxes?

Why did JinJer have twin beds in their honeymoon room?  They were both slept in too.  I thought that was super weird.   

Maybe they watched some of those Cialis ads with the two bathtubs....

....and were misled. 

Those ads drive me crazy. I always want to shake those people and scream, No wonder you're having problems! 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'm worried he wants to RE-program her to his headship.   Maybe that is why they are so quiet on social media? 

How sick is this conversation?  This is a 24 year old woman we are talking about.  De-program. Re-program. So freaking bizarre. 

I realize that hope springs eternal, but perhaps just somehow the Holy Goalie noted the family dynamic at the Duggars' and insisted that they have six months for his new wife to take a breath and learn how to deal with a life in which she does not have 25+ people dropping in on her with little to no notice.

Another theory: He thinks Kim Jong Boob is as much of a jackass as the rest of us do and doesn't want him in his house. It's possible.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, dorcastrilling said:

I call it Truditude. My tortie is Trudy. Technically a tortie a way; she is a tuxedo with an orange smudge on her forehead, a few random swatches elsewhere if you look closely, and traces of buff on the edges of her white belly.

How very pretty for you! Tortietude is indeed real. Tabitha was very affectionate and she knew how to get what she wanted. Sorta like Jessa, except the sweet part.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jinger said in people.com interview that she Facetimes with her family, and that they were only a short plane trip away. So I think it's more that they dont want the Duggars at their place days and weeks on end. Let's face it, they were at Josh's almost 24/7 and at Danger America almost as much.  With the way they do courtship and engagements, the newlyweds barely know each other's middle names. 

As to the double beds vs king in the hotel room- don't you think that Jinger was having to get used to having a guy in bed with her?  Let's let her gradually do that so she can at least get some sleep. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Hunger said in people.com interview that she Facetimes with her family, and that they were only a short plane trip away. So I think it's more that they do t want the Duggars at their place days and weeks on end. Let's face it, they were at Josh's almost 24/7 and stvDangrr America almost as much.  With the way they do courtship and engagements, the newlyweds bately know each other's middle names. 

As to the double beds vs king in the hotel room- don't you think that Jinger was having to get used to having a guy in bed with her?  Let's let her gradually do that so she can at least get some sleep. 

Sometimes, you can't always get a room with a king, so you have to settle for two beds. After a long flight, they were both exhausted and probably grateful to have a bed. From what I've been told, it's rather warm in Oz that time of year.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Sometimes, you can't always get a room with a king, so you have to settle for two beds. After a long flight, they were both exhausted and probably grateful to have a bed. From what I've been told, it's rather warm in Oz that time of year.

The hotel with the double beds was in Arkansas; they were on their way to Oz that morning. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I have spent way too much thought on what those first few days must have been like for her. Being more worldly than Derrick or Ben, did Jeremy engage in foreplay? Was there any attention to her needs? Given that she has spent her whole life covered up, did she walk around naked? Did they shower together? I have so many questions and I hate myself for thinking of them. 

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I have spent way too much thought on what those first few days must have been like for her. Being more worldly than Derrick or Ben, did Jeremy engage in foreplay? Was there any attention to her needs? Given that she has spent her whole life covered up, did she walk around naked? Did they shower together? I have so many questions and I hate myself for thinking of them. 

I think that is mainly the Duggars' fault. They have spent so much time stressing over, and over, and over on TV to millions of viewers that courting/engaged couples can barely touch until marriage, it's hard for our brains not to go there. Ugh.

Edited by Love2dance
Punctuation
  • Love 9