Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E16: Season 15 Reunion

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

What was the point of this reunion? It was a one hour bitchfest and had nothing to do about the fashion they attempted except to trash each other's work.  I didn't want to re-watch the drama, fights, what's her names horsey laugh, and hissy fits. Next time I'll know better to skip it. 

The best part was the cute poem Tasha read at the very end. 

• Love 3

Straycat, I don't recall the reunions ever being about fashion but mostly about what happened between/amongst the designers.

As much as I ended up not liking Erin at all by the end of the season and her good buddy Dexter (both of whom I really liked initially) I still dislike Cornelius and his pink haired friend (forget her name) more, which this reunion reminded me of.

Adore Mah Jing, so cute. And I'm glad to hear that Laurence is doing so well after the show. I didn't care for her designs usually but I liked her and her attitude in the show and am glad she is finding success. Tasha looked fabulous in her pinkish/salmon dress and longer hair.

Erin didn't use "like" as much but her tone/voice is super annoying. Like she watched old valley girl movies.

• Love 8

Tim announced that "Sara" couldn't make it, and I was going "Who's Sara?", and then he said that she sent a video, and I was like "Oh, good, this will jog my memory", and apparently she's getting married, and I still have no idea who she was. I'd forgotten how adorable Brik was. I doubt we'll ever see any of these people again.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, NorthstarATL said:

Tim announced that "Sara" couldn't make it, and I was going "Who's Sara?", and then he said that she sent a video, and I was like "Oh, good, this will jog my memory", and apparently she's getting married, and I still have no idea who she was. 

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, I have no memory of Sara at all.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DrivingSideways said:

Okay - I don't recall Sara at all either.  Could the show be gaslighting us into thinking a Sara was actually on this season?  

THAT would be hysterical! Especially since he was able to get the cast to react as if they missed her and wished her well, and they probably had no clue either, but wouldn't want to look mean and ask who she was!

• Love 4

Gawd. Lousy season and even worse reunion.  No favorite designer vote this year. Odd.

The only highlight was Brick. I did not realize what a nifty guy he is.  I zoned out early this season.

Tim did a good job hosting.  

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Maya said:

I remembered Sara when they showed her video. I have no recollection of Kimber at all, even though she sat there and said things at the reunion. 

I think Kimber had a more normcore nerd look on the show so I didn't recognize her glammed up look at the reunion either. The girl who had puffy short hair on the show and braids at the reunion looked about 20 yrs younger. Honestly PR casts are so bloated at the beginning it's hard to keep track of them all. 

Not a fan of the way Dexter and Erin acted, but Cornelius was such a catty bitch that I didn't feel bad for him. The three of them should just admit they're all awful and move forward. 

• Love 5

Laurance is stunning and all kinds of awesome.  The reunions are waste of time at this point.  None of the designers are interesting enough, though some I like better then others.

Erin really does have an amazing pair of legs.  However, I never got why the hell she seemed to be wearing gym shorts from the 1970's.  I guess that is her way of being quirky?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, weightyghost said:

I knew Erin and Dexter would cry EDITING.

I feel that most "mean girls" don't realize they are mean.  They think they are clever or they assume that everyone feels the way they do - if they are having fun then everyone is having fun, and if they happen to notice that someone else isn't having fun, then there is something wrong with that person, not that different people could experience the same event differently.  Ego and/or being self-absorbed is a big part of it.  

I turned to my couchmate during the reunion and said, "Erin really likes talking about herself." Whether it is her struggle to overcome growing up in Utah or her love of yellow or her "oh-so-creative" designs, as long as they are talking about her, she considers it enthralling conversation.  

14 hours ago, kat165 said:

Several of those designers I didn't even remember.

It takes me half the season to remember people from week to week, so half of the deisgners are lost on my at the reunion.

1 hour ago, DrivingSideways said:

The girl who had puffy short hair on the show and braids at the reunion looked about 20 yrs younger. 

I saw her on the reunion and thought "Who is that? They need to stop letting random passer-bys sit in on the reunion show " then they showed her on the show and I remembered her very well. She was one of my favorites (at least personality-wise, I don't remember her designs).  I think part of my problem with remembering faces and names is that I, apparently, identify people by their hair.

The other part of my problem remembering these people is that this seemed like a long season to me.  When they highlighted the girl with the laugh (I remembered her because her hair hadn't changed), my first thought was "She was on this season, I thought she was on last season.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I love that Laurence is talking about doing leather seating work with some car company.  Perfect fit for her.  And she looked even more gorgeous with that red lipstick.

It is very interesting to learn who watches this and other reality shows.  A winner on Survivor got a gig as a writer on a sit com. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

I feel that most "mean girls" don't realize they are mean.  They think they are clever or they assume that everyone feels the way they do - if they are having fun then everyone is having fun, and if they happen to notice that someone else isn't having fun, then there is something wrong with that person, not that different people could experience the same event differently.  Ego and/or being self-absorbed is a big part of it.  

Interesting. I never gave much thought to this, it makes sense. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

I think part of my problem with remembering faces and names is that I, apparently, identify people by their hair.

Maybe that's why I usually don't remember any of these people, or most reality show people! LOL! I have always identified people by their hair. I remember when I was in 3rd grade a new girl moved to the school over the summer. First day of school she had hair down to her knees. Second day, it was a bob. I didn't recognize her… the only Indian student in the entire grade… who I had talked to the whole day before… because she had like 2 feet of hair cut off. I also didn't recognize a guy I went to junior high and high school with a year after we graduated, not because he had gained a good 50 pounds due to a medical condition, but his once really short hair was long and curly. 

I haven't got to watch the whole thing yet, but I did see the Mean Girls part. One of these days Tim's just going to lose it on the special snowflakes and I thought that might have been it. He wasn't having the it was editing crap. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Erin is so insufferable.

"I liiiiike, couldn't believe I woOOOn, then I watched the show baaaack and it all made seennnse." 

Insufferable is too kind.

To be fair, I get why they chose her. That being said, IMO, she is not the most talented of the group. Laurence owns that (IMO).

Laurence was my pick to win. I rooted and rooted for her, but in the end she just didn't do enough to win. I think she over-corrected in response to early criticisms, and unfortunately never recovered. 

Her personality is  cool, she's level-headed, and she stays above the fray. She's a class act, as she proved on the show and the reunion.

As to where it counts, the clothes: To me, her hand is the most skilled and her eye the most chic. It may not be the  style that appeals to the crazy/fluffy/feathery/kooky/ “fashion forward" set (nothing wrong with that, as I am all over the map with my own tastes), but I bet she will deliver some fine wares.

I can see her excelling in many areas--both classic and modern, stylish, chic, luxe, spectacularly-made clothing, interiors for cars, homes, or whatever she chooses. She--to me-- is by far the most talented of the season.  I'm sure she  will be quite successful. 

Rememberrr, Eriiin--Yellow feathers, bedazzled chicken beaks, and sequined racoon turds are only fashion-forward for so long. One day you're in, and the next day you're out piette'd!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Erin really does have an amazing pair of legs.  However, I never got why the hell she seemed to be wearing gym shorts from the 1970's.  I guess that is her way of being quirky?

That get-up was so bizarre -- ultra short gym shorts with the slit up the side, with an off-the-shoulder crop top. With her weird hair and goofy glasses, she looked absolutely ridiculous. I was aghast when I saw her. Some people take the quirky thing toooooo far.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, needschocolate said:

The other part of my problem remembering these people is that this seemed like a long season to me.  When they highlighted the girl with the laugh (I remembered her because her hair hadn't changed), my first thought was "She was on this season, I thought she was on last season.

So totally this!  I think I confused her with the designer from Jersey or Pennsylvania I think it was from last season who made it to fashion week.

I forgot a lot of those early aufed designers.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

That get-up was so bizarre -- ultra short gym shorts with the slit up the side, with an off-the-shoulder crop top. With her weird hair and goofy glasses, she looked absolutely ridiculous. I was aghast when I saw her. Some people take the quirky thing toooooo far.

She wears the same type of clothes I used to wear in elementary and middle school, in the late 70s/early 80s.  What adult would still wear that in 2016?  It's like a cry for help or attention or just self-indulgent--probably self-indulgence. Between her choice in clothing and her grating voice and mannerisms, I am so turned off and irritated by Erin!  There's a market for her designs but I'm not sure it's high fashion.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Sara was the one I used to confuse with Jenny. She made the bad swimsuit ( which I didn't think was so bad). I decided I don't like Dexter at all.

Yes, the only way I distinguished them is that Sara's eyes looked a little more worried and she didn't have that laugh.  And ditto re Dexter.  Cornelius may behave like a little twerp sometimes, and the show didn't hide that with the "Shade" montage, but I still find Erin and Dexter meaner.  And almost everyone was smiling at each others' talking head criticisms except for just-sucked-a-lemon Erin.  She only smiled a little when Rik called her piece Patrick from Spongebob, and I think that's because that's the one look she scrapped.  

I don't understand intentionally having a strip of dark roots showing.  It looks so weird.  Sure, during the fast pace of the show, no time to touch up.  But for this reunion show?  What do I know, I've never dyed my hair, and I'm old.  

On the other hand, I would like to have hair like Brik's, at least in volume and wave!  

I just realized that Brik is authentically a little woo-woo-out-there and Dexter is intentionally woo-woo-out-there and so it seems much more forced.  I mean, it may come from a place where he feels that way inside, and I understand, but it doesn't come across organically.

Kudos to Alex for learning from watching his monotone delivery that it makes him sound much more blunt than he is meaning to be.  And kudos to the person I didn't remember till Tim addressed him at the end, Ian, if he is serious that he's learned to be a little less inflexible.  But I think he was just saying what he thought Tim wanted to hear in his few seconds of "the camera isn't watching Dexter or Erin for once" time.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

With her weird hair and goofy glasses, she looked absolutely ridiculous. I was aghast when I saw her. Some people take the quirky thing toooooo far.

I don't think she's talented enough to be quirky. I place her in the trying-too-hard category.

8 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I just realized that Brik is authentically a little woo-woo-out-there and Dexter is intentionally woo-woo-out-there and so it seems much more forced.  I mean, it may come from a place where he feels that way inside, and I understand, but it doesn't come across organically.

I enjoyed Brik more than I ever thought. We really didn't see his personality during the show. Editing? 

Dexter and Erin both try way too hard for the quirk. Quirky is an odd balance but is a balance. Neither captured that, imho. They seemed to just try, too hard, at being different. imho

Was champagne/alcohol flowing more freely this reunion? Maybe it helped.

• Love 7

To me, Erin acts the way she thinks a young person would act. Like she's dropped in from another planet and, after reading a lot of books and seeing a bunch of teen movies, is playing a part. I don't buy her "quirkiness" as being honest. I think there's another Erin under all those Daisy Dukes and giggles. 

• Love 11

Nathalia is an abysmal person.

I wanted her to shut up so much, I was even willing to listen to more of Erin and Dexter.

I agree with mamadrama: I think Erin we see on this season of PR is a fabricated character.

If not, I feel well and truly sorry for her and all those who choose, or have, to be around her.

• Love 6

I missed this show, and not even on purpose, oddly.  I was going to hate watch it, like I will the rest of this show's seasons, ever, and I honestly forgot.  Sounds like that hour watching Star Trek was worth it!  I DO remember Sara, I liked her bathing suit print, and Kimber as well.  I'm glad I didn't have to sit through more drama with others though.  There was enough of that already.  And I'll blindly agree with the characterization of Erin as a tryhard.  Cause she is.  We've all been around people at some point who just have "it".  They don't try, it is just who they are, expressed in how they dress or talk or act.  And there's an inherent grace that goes with it.  With people like Erin, well, maybe it just got lost in translation on tv, but I believe she might be what we used to call types back in the 90s high school era......a poser.

• Love 5

Yeesh, that just emphasised how ugly that season was, especially Dexter and Erin.  Glad that's over.

However, I did enjoy Cornelius and Tim Gunn schooling Dexter and Erin.

Edited by Canada
  • Love 6

Was it just me or was Erin a bit taken aback at some of the negative comment on her loser designs? A couple times I thought I saw a glimpse of shocked surprise, as if she seriously didn't realize just how bad other people thought they were.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, JohnnyGilda said:

"Let's just agree the editing was kind to you all and not remotely inaccurate." Said without a hint of shade. Make it work, Tim.

God, I hope so, or the rest of this shows run has no hope.  What SHALL we see next, Tim?  CAN we make it work?  Long suffering fans would like to know................

11 hours ago, needschocolate said:

I think part of my problem with remembering faces and names is that I, apparently, identify people by their hair.

Slightly off-topic, but you might want to read up on prosopagnosia also known as face blindness. An article from 2006 in Time magazine estimated that 5 million Americans have a pronounced difficulty recognizing faces. At the most extreme some people can't even recognize family members or even their own reflections. And many people don't realize it's even an issue because they can find ways to compensate - like focusing on people's hair. It's fascinating how the brain works. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/health/views/face-and-voice-recognition-may-be-linked-in-the-brain-research-suggests.html?pagewanted=all

That said, I had completely forgotten about the first guy who was eliminated until they showed his flat little dress. Now that's a sad position to be in. But then how many of these contestants actually go on to bigger and better things? When I've googled the name of past finalists I've often found that their websites will show a few accessories and maybe a few articles of clothing.  And even that paltry showing will only last for the year or two after their season ends. Then nothing. They may be working in the field but not for themselves. If anything this show has made me realize that fashion is an amazingly hard business to break into. That's why one of my pet peeves are celebrities who pretend/imply that they are actual designers and not just the shills that they truly are. Meanwhile the actual designers of their lines aren't getting any recognition.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sourpickles said:

And I'll blindly agree with the characterization of Erin as a tryhard.  Cause she is.  We've all been around people at some point who just have "it".  They don't try, it is just who they are, expressed in how they dress or talk or act.  And there's an inherent grace that goes with it.  With people like Erin, well, maybe it just got lost in translation on tv, but I believe she might be what we used to call types back in the 90s high school era......a poser.

All I  could think of reading this was Laurence vs Erin. Effortless cool vs total poser.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Laurence vs Erin. Effortless cool vs total poser.

This. Laurence is a good designer, but she would be an even more effective saleswoman for her designs. Who would not enjoy her casual gracefulness? Erin and Dexter are a pair...both try too hard, both are self-absorbed, neither is especially talented or intelligent, and neither has any real kindness. You do sense that Laurence has seen enough in life to value what is important and to ignore the noise. I wish her the best.

• Love 7

Erin's like the Britta Perry of fashion—overly affected and completely clueless about how transparent she is—except Britta's a fictional character with redeeming qualities and Erin forgot to allow herself some. I look forward to her comeuppance when she inevitably goes nowhere, returns for All-Stars, and ends up being cannon fodder for a more deserving second-chancer.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Sarah as Backup Jenny.

Best wishes to Laurence and her current/future endeavors. It's too bad Brik and especially Tasha weren't more talented designers; I wish we'd had more of their energy in the back half of the season.

• Love 6

Cornelius has such a sweet, innocent face, so when all the designers bitched about him this season I took it with a grain of salt. But now seeing the cut footage of him being such a bitch, it just goes to show me you can't judge a book blah blah blah.

I said it before, but Nathalia always reminded me of the SNL character Girl You Wished You Hadn't Started A Conversation With at a Party, and this show just reinforced my view. Idiotic opinions declaimed as if they were insighful and profound.

Never mind Jenny's (probably fake) laugh, the vocal fry was driving me up the wall.

They had little if any footage of Laurence snarking on people in the confessionals and it is a testament to her professionalism and character. She's one of my all-time favorites.

• Love 5

Anyone watch any of the Project Runway shows through the Lifetime app? I just installed the app to see the reunion, but it won't let me. I signed in with my cable account and can watch any other episode but this one. Does Lifetime only make it available after a certain time or is the reunion show not considered a regular episode so it's not available? It's there, but when I try to watch it, it just tells me I'm not allowed.

• Love 1