Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E16: Season 15 Reunion

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, auntlada said:

Anyone watch any of the Project Runway shows through the Lifetime app? I just installed the app to see the reunion, but it won't let me. I signed in with my cable account and can watch any other episode but this one. Does Lifetime only make it available after a certain time or is the reunion show not considered a regular episode so it's not available? It's there, but when I try to watch it, it just tells me I'm not allowed.

This isn't going to help much because I don't have the app but I will say that when I go to rewatch episodes I NEVER am able to find reunion ones, on any season.  I don't even think they rerun it on TV.  Sorry :(

On 12/31/2016 at 9:14 AM, Knuckles said:

neither [Erin or Dexter] has any real kindness

It think this emanates from them being incredibly shallow/one dimensional people in general. And they are shocked. Shocked to find out that not everyone sees them as they see their magical selves.

And yes Dexter did have those fake gold tattoos all over his chest and arms. If there was ever something that encapsulates a try-hard that one hit the bullseye.

I too experienced the "wait that was on this season that happened??" feeling, it truly was a long long season. And I can see now we lost a lot of the 'good' people too early to make a difference and all the catty self-absorbed low talent fools were what we was left with, making Erin the proper/understandable if not deserving winner from the group. She fully represented what was the ugly truth of the season, a LOT of these people just suck as people AND designers.

• Love 7
On 12/30/2016 at 10:33 PM, Mannahatta said:
On 12/30/2016 at 9:46 AM, needschocolate said:

I think part of my problem with remembering faces and names is that I, apparently, identify people by their hair.

Slightly off-topic, but you might want to read up on prosopagnosia also known as face blindness. An article from 2006 in Time magazine estimated that 5 million Americans have a pronounced difficulty recognizing faces. At the most extreme some people can't even recognize family members or even their own reflections. And many people don't realize it's even an issue because they can find ways to compensate - like focusing on people's hair. It's fascinating how the brain works. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/health/views/face-and-voice-recognition-may-be-linked-in-the-brain-research-suggests.html?pagewanted=all

My old boss had the same problem (which was medically diagnosed). He mentioned it casually to us one day and we were all shocked. We asked how he was able to deal with us at work and he said he knew who sat where so as long as we were at our desks, he knew who he was talking to. He also noticed what colors we were wearing each day so that if several of us were sitting in the common area for a meeting, he knew Jane was the one wearing the blue shirt, etc. In other situations (like if we were standing in a group at a conference), he could tell us apart by our height, hair color, etc. (as well as our voices once we started talking).

Hee, I'm guessing you were able to tell which one was Nathalia all season since she had that bright pink hair! To be honest, there were a lot of blah personalities this season so I had a hard time telling the designers apart for the first few weeks. I always appreciate when the producers make sure the put people's name on the screen when they're talking for the first month or so. But there were so many blah people this season that when someone mentioned Sara being on the reunion earlier in the thread, I had no idea who that was. I mean, I guess on the plus side, Sara must not have been a heinous bitch so there's that.

• Love 5

Dexter and Erin were insufferable - such little mean girl hipster fakes. Also, possibly the least self-aware people I've ever seen on Project Runway, and that's saying a lot. They had no clue because it's always about them, even their interactions with others are still only about them. 

That said, I forgive Erin her crappy personality because the girl is seriously talented. Dexter isn't. 

Laurence, Roberi and Erin were by far the 3 best designers on that show. Laurence took herself out of the running from the moment she designed that collection - the very idea of it was a dud and didn't play to her strengths. I thought it was really close between Erin and Roberi and I would have been happy to see either of them win, though I liked Roberi more in the personality department. 

• Love 3

I'm glad that Laurence is working and doing well after the show ended. She's just awesome and I love how even though she went through something tough in her life, she didn't constantly remind us about it every week like other reality show contestants do. She really didn't care what Jenny had to say about her designs, lol.

I also liked seeing Roberi and Rik. I still wish Roberi had won, but hopefully, he'll be on a future season of All-Stars and pull the win there.

Natalia, Cornelius, and Dexter are just catty and the bad thing is that they're unaware of it.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I'm glad that Laurence is working and doing well after the show ended. She's just awesome and I love how even though she went through something tough in her life, she didn't constantly remind us about it every week like other reality show contestants do. She really didn't care what Jenny had to say about her designs, lol.

Laurence is one of the most confident, without being self involved or arrogant, people I have ever seen. She just is. It's beautiful. I want to be her when I grow up. She just has this ease of presence that is so lacking on any reality TV. The woman is just elegance personified.

• Love 12

I'm not surprised that Laurence is getting lots of professional attention from being on PR. She always conducted herself in such a cool, confident, and mature manner. And her designs were chic and sophisticated, which I suspect is ultimately more marketable than shapeless triangles adorned with doo-dads. 

I was also glad to see that Roberi was happy to be working.

I had to laugh at Erin's bitch face when listening to the others trash her designs. 

• Love 5
On 12/31/2016 at 0:19 PM, Fostersmom said:

Laurence has life experience. She's obviously worked hard and faced hardships along the way. What was Erin's big struggle? Having lived in Utah as a kid? Unless she was rescued from Warren Jeff's grips, give me a break. 

Sorry, does someone have to compete with another's struggle to "win" or be successful at life?

• Love 1

I can’t get over the reaction to this episode on this board. The fact that anyone would think Erin/Dexter are more self absorbed than Cornelius and Natalia, who were the two most miserable contestants ever on this show, is astounding. Pathetic all around tbh.