Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: "Kody Takes Responsibility"

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

Count me in as another one mesmerized by the amount of lettuce on that fork. It seemed like he was just nervously stabbing at the salad and I kept thinking he was going to have to remove some of that before taking a bite, but damn if he didn't just shove the whole thing in. I have no idea what they were discussing in that scene, I was so focused on the fork. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There is something sad/funny about the fact that you meant to compare Mykelti to Jan Brady but instead named Marcia.  It kind of proves your whole point about what it is like being that overlooked middle child.  People don't even get your name right, lol.  

Oh my gosh!!  You are so right!! I kept hearing that "Marsha Marsha Marsha!!" in my head, thinking about the family dynamic...I did mean Jan Brady... oops

lolol

• Love 2

I had the impression that he wasn't really experienced with eating salad, hence the giant mouthfuls.

And does anyone have The Proposal Poem available?  I remember something about  "delicious brown food" and lost it right there.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

"I can't tell you - but maybe David Preston or Meri's brother could". Bahahaha

Except Robyn' s ex stole her cookie long before they were married.  As she reminded everyone, including her children, in the lovely purity episode.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

Anyone else find it ironic when Robyn made a comment about how "Mykelti has been like that since birth". Bitch, how would you know??

Next episode of Sister Wives, we see Robyn having her face superimposed into Meri's wedding pictures. She WAS there, damnit. She was and she will hear nothing of the naysayers who say otherwise. It's like they should have all been together from the beginning, so there. Neener, neener, neener. 

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

And does anyone have The Proposal Poem available?  I remember something about  "delicious brown food" and lost it right there.

Mykelti's Proposal Poem

by Tony

I know it has been but a short time

But I'd like to propose to you with this short rhyme

I propose that we live together to the very end

Because you have become my best friend

We will spend our days in joyful love

We will travel the world like a majestic dove

We'll build a family upon our traditions

And we'll cook good Brown food in our kitchen

All this could be yours if you'll say yes to me

So what do you say!?

Will you marry me?

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Kellyee said:

How messed up is your relationship that you can't sit in a car and listen to an audio book together? If its really that bad, they've been deceiving us for years going on and on about the "sisterhood" and how great polygamy is. I do find it interesting that Christine and Robyn seem to be bonding.

I do not get the vibe that Kody and Mykelti have any kind of relationship. At all. There is no warmth or connection there, and I'm not sure I have ever heard him even refer to Mykelti in any way except a negative outside observer about how she's loud or immature. I get that same vibe with several of the kids, including Christine's only son. I also get that feeling with Janelle's second youngest daughter Savannah. I think Kody completely ignores and overlooks several of his biological children, which is even more horrible when you consider how much time he has spent on his stepchildren with Robyn. It makes a lot of sense when you look at how little time Logan spends with Kody and the comments Maddie made when she was leaving for college. Kody totally chooses favorites, and the others barely exist.

This season, Kody learns that he has a Mykelti. 

They'll recycle this storyline in 3 years when he learns he has a Gwendlyn too. 

• Love 15

I'm popping my posting cherry to say PLEASE SEND HELP. Less than an hour into this shitshow and I'm finding Kody personable ... and dare I say it? ... almost likeable. Dear god, someone please tell me it's the vodka influencing my judgment!!!

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, LadyChatterly said:

I'm popping my posting cherry to say PLEASE SEND HELP. Less than an hour into this shitshow and I'm finding Kody personable ... and dare I say it? ... almost likeable. Dear god, someone please tell me it's the vodka influencing my judgment!!!

He's due some decent editing. Don't worry, he'll fuck it up in a week or two and you be back to wanting to throttle him. It's inevitable.

• Love 17

Well, I think I'll make some good Brown food now.  Some peanut butter Fritos, fish stick tacos and mock tapioca pudding will really hit the spot.

I forgot to mention that I'm going to make some food that is actually brown.  And good.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7

I just watched it. This is shallow, but it appeared in the therapy session that Jenelle's white pants were worn/stretched so thin there were large places almost worn through. I thought maybe she would feel more comfortable with the physicality of the session (sitting together with Meri) if her pants fit better. 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 1

I didn't know the new season had started, so I cleaned the living room today and watched last week and this week back-to-back.  Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure this is in the second episode- although I think it is.  I noticed- and commenters from last week noticed- how checked out Robin was, but in this episode you can see her yawning during the couch segments.  I'm guessing the new baby is keeping her up nights.

To a large extent I think I can understand where Mariah is coming from, but I also get the distinct impression that she is thoroughly enjoying the power she has over her mom right now.  Doling out her precious forgiveness is not coming any time soon.  

• Love 6

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So we learned from a previous episode that Logan and his girlfriend will be moving in together as he starts grad school. I remember the Browns were not thrilled with this but were accepting as Logan and his gf intended to marry. So I'm wondering why they are acting so scandalized by the thought of Mykelti having premarital sex?? Isn't divorce or a shitty marriage a more traumatc experience than breaking up with a partner you screwed??

Are the Browns' daughters (Maddie and Mykelti at least) feeling more pressure to be married before having sex than the male children? I guess this would not surprise me...Mykelti and Maddie are so young and I hate to think that they are getting married just so it would be considered OK or not sinful to have sex with their partners.

I am speaking as a twenty something happily cohabiting and living in sin.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have received a few that said lingerie shower for the bride and her close friends.  Mom, mother-in-laws, etc. don't attend this type.  

I'm a grandma and I enjoy the lingerie showers. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I'm a grandma and I enjoy the lingerie showers. 

When one of my male cousins got married, our grandma was the only one who gave lingerie as a gift at the bridal shower. It was awkward as hell, but also hilarious. 

That same  year, my only sibling and I got married about 2 months apart. And everyone survived. And felt "special." Amazing, I know! 

I'm not going to knock the "we hike a lot" comment. Maybe they do. Maybe they're trying to get healthier together (That's about the only positive thing I see about their relationship.) I go to the gym a lot and I know someone who had never met me would scoff at that statement because, yes, I have a terribly long way to go. It doesn't happen overnight! 

• Love 15

When I got married 29 years ago I didn't have a lingerie shower specifically. I did however, receive a couple of pieces of lingerie at a "miscellaneous" shower. The one I remember in particular was actually a gift from my mother. It was a very pretty white lacey night gown. Lingerie shower gifts can be classy. They don't have to be raunchy and trashy.

Speaking of mothers and showers, Janelle was planning Maddie's shower. Traditionally, I don't think it's considered appropriate for a mother to host a shower for her daughter. But of course appropriate and the Brown family seldom go together away.

Edited by Cara
  • Love 3
On 12/4/2016 at 11:08 PM, islandgal140 said:

Mykelti should not have dyed her hair so dark - not flattering on her.

It looks terrible. Maddie dyes her hair dark, too. Aren't they both natural blondes like Janelle and Christine? Obviously J and C  keep it light now with highlights or drugstore color or what ever but they were born blonde. 

I'm team Mariah 100%. She's got Meri's number and she's not giving in to her until she's damn good and ready to. I still say Mariah knows a whole lot more about the catfishing ordeal than anybody else in the family and this is why she is finding it so hard to forgive. I give her credit for not spilling it all. Meri should be grateful. 

• Love 8

Did anyone else notice that when Mykelti and Tony were doing their TH explaining their engagement that Mykelti wasn't wearing her engagement ring?  I thought it was odd, considering the segment they were explaining and how excited she supposedly was about it, etc.  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, rayndon said:

Did anyone else notice that when Mykelti and Tony were doing their TH explaining their engagement that Mykelti wasn't wearing her engagement ring?  I thought it was odd, considering the segment they were explaining and how excited she supposedly was about it, etc.

Yes, I was wondering about that too. The only thing I could come up with was that they didn't want to spoil our surprise and see the ring before the proposal. After all, Tony said this was going to make Mykelti's day. No, her life. I am pretty sure he thought it would make ours, too.

When Tony got to the line in his poem where he said "All this could be yours" in my head I finished the sentence with "if the price is right". Then I silently said "No Mykelti! The price is too high! You are throwing your life away!" I am not kidding.

Am I the only one who thought for sure that when Tony was holding out the ring box to Mykelti, he was going to fumble and drop it into the canyon? I also wondered if the person who pawned the ring was watching the show thinking "Oh no, I will never get it back now". I think if that person is patient there is a good chance he/she will be able to buy the ring back at the pawn shop within a year or two. I am an optomist that way.

• Love 16

I watched about an hour and a quarter of what I believe was a 2 hour show.  I agree with the hiking, the Mere & Mariah comment, and the reasonableness of Kody this time, which shocked me.  

I remember Mykelty as being a warm, bubbly, kid who wanted to be in the dress design field.  I could be wrong but thought dir end the stylist ytype and so seemed terribly off to me.  Tony was not likable.  I am so sorry for topos or what ever, but I have a medical condition causing very low sight, so do what I can.  

I did not see Tony as being a good fit for Mykelti.  I feel bad for her.  But what really bothered me was that I thought we already saw the stupid Hawaiian vacation and Maddie's wedding.  You mean they are in the future and I remember them in the past.  I suess when eyesight is taken away, second sight is given to you because I swear I already saw it.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, LadyChatterly said:

Well, since you've all but admitted to drinking vodka while watching this show .... it's the vodka influencing your judgment! :D

• Love 5
21 hours ago, greekmom said:

Also, Kody - just shut up about the chaste courtships.  Please do not tell me you were not taking Sobyn to pound town when you were "dating" her.

OMG...second time today reading this forum where tea almost got spit across my keyboard. lol  That is a pseudonym I'd never heard before - "taking her to pound town"...LOLOLOL

11 hours ago, LadyChatterly said:

I feel worse than you - I can't even blame it on the vodka! I "almost" saw remorse there when he told Mariah that he contributed to it. When she dismissed that, he got a kind of far-away, sad look saying "Yes, I really did" (paraphrasing here) but it looked genuine. And Lord knows, you don't see "genuine" on Kody very often on this show.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I believe this is called re-gifting.  

Okay, this is hysterical.  

My DVR did not catch this so I have not watched yet.  I have a question.  When Mykelti said, "you can take my hand if you want,"  could he have interpreted that as her offering him help?  His response seemed to imply that.   She didn't say, hold my hand, or I would love you to hold my hand. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I feel worse than you - I can't even blame it on the vodka! I "almost" saw remorse there when he told Mariah that he contributed to it. When she dismissed that, he got a kind of far-away, sad look saying "Yes, I really did" (paraphrasing here) but it looked genuine. And Lord knows, you don't see "genuine" on Kody very often on this show.

I am giving Kody credit this episode.  To me, it seems he sincerely understands his parts in Meri's problems and is trying to be supportive.  Sure, the best approach for Meri would be to be his ONLY wife, but seeing as how he has already created this extended family there's no breaking free now.  But still...he did seem genuinely insightful and supportive.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Squirrely said:

That same  year, my only sibling and I got married about 2 months apart. And everyone survived. And felt "special." Amazing, I know! 

You clearly did it wrong then.  According to the Browns,  it is impossible for 2 siblings to get married that close together.  It should have ruined your special day  year and the family should have been quite distressed by it.   Did you even have a family meeting to discuss this horrible tragedy?  Perhaps you can book an appointment with Nancy once you realize that your thunder was stolen....

• Love 19

Early morning quick responses to a couple of points above:

1) Logan and his girlfriend are moving in together (if they haven't already), but they WILL remain chaste as roommates until they are married.  (OK, we can all stop laughing now.)

2) Kody is not good at much, but he's a pretty good con artist.  He got a couple of you to believe he was sincere when he talked about his fault in the catfish scenario.  He is going to be a god on his own planet, people!  God's don't have faults.  If you don't "get" that, there's not much hope of you being Wife #5 and hearing him call your name when your time comes.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Early morning quick responses to a couple of points above:

1) Logan and his girlfriend are moving in together (if they haven't already), but they WILL remain chaste as roommates until they are married.  (OK, we can all stop laughing now.)

2) Kody is not good at much, but he's a pretty good con artist.  He got a couple of you to believe he was sincere when he talked about his fault in the catfish scenario.  He is going to be a god on his own planet, people!  God's don't have faults.  If you don't "get" that, there's not much hope of you being Wife #5 and hearing him call your name when your time comes.

I had hope for Logan, but the delusional con artist apple isn't falling far from the tree. If I'm supposed to believe they'll live together - probably in a one bedroom apartment - but they'll be chaste for months, then I want Logan to be my realtor for the Brooklyn Bridge. Toss some magic beans in, too. 

He'll be the first son to have 2 wives. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I had hope for Logan, but the delusional con artist apple isn't falling far from the tree. If I'm supposed to believe they'll live together - probably in a one bedroom apartment - but they'll be chaste for months, then I want Logan to be my realtor for the Brooklyn Bridge. Toss some magic beans in, too. 

He'll be the first son to have 2 wives. 

I was just joking.  I don't think he - or Tony - have been chaste.  (Tony looked a tad guilty when Kody made his statement about "You've waited 21 years to have sex; you can wait another six months.")

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I was just joking.  I don't think he - or Tony - have been chaste.  (Tony looked a tad guilty when Kody made his statement about "You've waited 21 years to have sex; you can wait another six months.")

Don't do me that way! LOL. Situation does sound like something a Brownwojld invent.

• Love 1
On 12/4/2016 at 6:01 PM, Adeejay said:

“Last summer was miserable for me.” It’s all about Mariah, of course.  I can’t believe how she is throwing her mother under the bus on national television. Kody turned beet red when she told him that had the catfish been real, Meri would have left him. The reason Kody can’t pull out “the stinky finger of blame” is because it would point directly back at him. I agree with him. He is culpable and was the catalyst for Meri’s behavior, because had he not thrown her over for Robyn, chances are, this wouldn’t have happened. And yeah, Kody you signed up for this the day you agreed to have TLC’s cameras in your homes. 

Meri threw her under the bus on television, too (and they're the ones who put her on TV and who allow supposedly private conversations with their kids to be filmed). She sent sexts and simulated BJ photos that ended up all over the internet while still telling her adult daughter it was a "friendship."

That's the part that would offend me most, if I was Mariah. She STILL maintains it was a friendship?!?!?! I honestly thought by now she'd at least admitted it was an emotional affair. How mind numbingly dumb does she think her daughter, husband and everyone around her are? Come on, just own the fuck up to it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 11

No, Logan has never hinted at the possibility that they aren't fully a couple.  He has for the most part managed to live his own life from the day he started UNLV.  They wanted him to live at home and he was most assuredly bolting. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I'll admit I haven't seen the episode.  What is Logan's explanation for moving in with his girlfriend if they're holding off on sex until after the marriage?  To save money?  Because Logan could move back home, and I bet the girlfriend could move back with him, although she'd probably live in one of the other wives homes.  How about Meri?  She's got all those empty bedrooms. 

Or the girlfriend could move back home with her family.  Doing it that way, they could save up money to start off their new life together.  That's what one of my sisters did, although living with her was a nightmare, her being so stressed out about planning on and paying for a wedding while still working a regular job and all.

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It looks terrible. Maddie dyes her hair dark, too. Aren't they both natural blondes like Janelle and Christine? Obviously J and C  keep it light now with highlights or drugstore color or what ever but they were born blonde. 

I'm team Mariah 100%. She's got Meri's number and she's not giving in to her until she's damn good and ready to. I still say Mariah knows a whole lot more about the catfishing ordeal than anybody else in the family and this is why she is finding it so hard to forgive. I give her credit for not spilling it all. Meri should be grateful. 

I have no doubt she had to listen to them have phone sex or some other equally embarrassing thing. 

• Love 1

HEY FOLKS!  I was being sarcastic and joking in my comment about Logan.  I don't think he's ever said they were remaining chaste, and only an idiot would believe them if he said it.  

Maybe I should wait until after my second cup of coffee to try to be witty.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

HEY FOLKS!  I was being sarcastic and joking in my comment about Logan.  I don't think he's ever said they were remaining chaste, and only an idiot would believe them if he said it.  

I seriously know more than one couple who moved in together but swore they were saving sex until marriage. A few naive family members chose to believe it. Most of us were like yea right. This is why I didn't put it past a Brown.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I seriously know more than one couple who moved in together but swore they were saving sex until marriage. A few naive family members chose to believe it. Most of us were like yea right. This is why I didn't put it past a Brown.

I actually do know a couple who did this over 20 years ago.  They purchased a house together several months before their wedding, but did not indulge in cookies (Brown vernacular) until after they were married.  But let's say they are the RARE exception.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Sorry.  Although it wouldn't surprise me if Kody and Co. tried to play it off that way.  If it helps, I did laugh along with you when you said Logan would remain chaste until after the marriage.  I imagine that boy got busy between the sheets just as soon as he could once he broke free of the cul-de-sac.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

I suess when eyesight is taken away, second sight is given to you because I swear I already saw it.

Darling Micks Picks, it isn't your eyesight! EVERYTHING with this show is a repeat! We have seen previouslys. upcomings, forecasts, dreams and what-ifs until all of us are confused. It doesn't help that half the kids look alike too.

• Love 5
On 12/4/2016 at 9:10 PM, Lita said:

What marriage vows is Meri "flagrantly breaking"?  She's divorced.

Not according to her, their family or their religion. They don't consider legal marriage to be real in any way. They were married in the temple and, according to them, "sealed for eternity." Saying that she's not legitimately married is like saying I'm not because I didn't have a proper Hindu wedding. Well, I'm not Hindu, so that's not a requirement. They are married in their eyes. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It's funny how often that happens, right? 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Squirrely said:

When one of my male cousins got married, our grandma was the only one who gave lingerie as a gift at the bridal shower. It was awkward as hell, but also hilarious. 

I'm not going to knock the "we hike a lot" comment. Maybe they do. Maybe they're trying to get healthier together (That's about the only positive thing I see about their relationship.) I go to the gym a lot and I know someone who had never met me would scoff at that statement because, yes, I have a terribly long way to go. It doesn't happen overnight! 

My mother gave me a white "bridally" frilly nightgown at my shower --a little awkward for me, but her heart was in the right place.

My husband's sister got married a month and a half after we did. I didn't feel less special, however we were all terribly busy with working full time and being in each other's weddings. I'm not a "center of attention" kind of person, anyway. I felt more sorry for my MIL being so busy at that time.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Cara said:

When I got married 29 years ago I didn't have a lingerie shower specifically. I did however, receive a couple of pieces of lingerie at a "miscellaneous" shower. The one I remember in particular was actually a gift from my mother. It was a very pretty white lacey night gown. Lingerie shower gifts can be classy. They don't have to be raunchy and trashy.

Speaking of mothers and showers, Janelle was planning Maddie's shower. Traditionally, I don't think it's considered appropriate for a mother to host a shower for her daughter. But of course appropriate and the Brown family seldom go together away.

I fail to see the problem of lingerie at a bridal shower as well. However my friend's daughter put a heavy duty vibrator on her public registry and I was like 0_0. That takes some guts.

• Love 4

When I went back to view "the proposal" to type out the poem...Mykelti says to him..."can you kiss me now?" and they kiss.  However Tony leans forward and it looks like he's trying to deepen the kiss, but Mykelti pulls back and it looks uncomfortable and she says "...okay!"

I don't think these two have had any deep intimacy.  If Tony was in an awkward position when Kody brought up waiting for sex...it might mean that he had intimacy with someone else. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It does happen. My husband and I moved in together 3 months before our wedding rather than my having to renew my lease but I was a virgin when I got married. That said, I think that's it's not common for that to be the case. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I fail to see the problem of lingerie at a bridal shower as well. However my friend's daughter put a heavy duty vibrator on her public registry and I was like 0_0. That takes some guts.

Yikes!!!!

23 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

fail to see the problem of lingerie at a bridal shower as well. However my friend's daughter put a heavy duty vibrator on her public registry and I was like 0_0. That takes some guts.

Literally LOL'd.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They purchased a house together several months before their wedding, but did not indulge in cookies (Brown vernacular) until after they were married.  

cookies ?    Does Kody scream Chips Ahoy when he is reaching the big O?

• Love 12