Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: "Kody Takes Responsibility"

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I was watching Sisterwives in the background while I was watch

Also, Kody - just shut up about the chaste courtships.  Please do not tell me you were not taking Sobyn to pound town when you were "dating" her. 

Y'all gonna hate me for putting this image into your heads, but I don't think Kody was pounding Stealth Bitch Robyn when they were courting. I think Stealth Bitch Robyn was playing the virtuous, betrayed, pious woman who needed a White Knight. I think she wound him up like a big ole tease, then he went home and pounded one of his wives. *brain bleach*

While he and Meri may have been chaste before marriage, he could vent any sexual frustration with his girlfriends by having sex with his wives. So he needs to shut his pie hole. *double brain bleach*

19 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Clearly I'm a terrible person, but I laughed out loud when Tony said that he and Mykelti hiked a lot.  Sorry, but they look like most of the hiking they do is between the kitchen and the couch.  

They need to hike some more and not follow up with a plate of nachos or whatever they're eating. I'm totes more terribler.

49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought all you need to put on the invitation is that it's a HOUSEHOLD shower.  That's what most of the those that I get say.  So, I know what to bring. Plus they say where they are registered and those items can be given at the shower, in addition to the wedding.

I have received a few that said lingerie shower for the bride and her close friends.  Mom, mother-in-laws, etc. don't attend this type.  

THIS. Household shower vs lingerie party vs just a gift free bridal brunch, etc. Save everyone some embarassment. This is also why your mother and MIL don't go to your bachelorette events, even if they're pretty tame like mine was (no strippers or bar crawls involved).

6 minutes ago, lma said:

I disagree to a point. I think Meri ran the show and told everybody what to do, including Kody. She made the family miserable, and Kody couldn't get them back on track. 

I agree. Meri ran the show, Kody flitted around. Christine and Janelle helped each other because they needed to to survive. Meri chose to exclude and elevate herself and Meri from any cooperation. If she's lonely and isolated it is her own fault. 

2 minutes ago, Janc said:

I'm absolutely not a Meri apologist, but I never thought that was Meri's arm, I assumed Sam/Jackie did that and claimed it was Meri's. 

I hope so. That was batshit cray. Not just quirky or annoying cray, but seriously disturbed.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Clearly I'm a terrible person, but I laughed out loud when Tony said that he and Mykelti hiked a lot.  Sorry, but they look like most of the hiking they do is between the kitchen and the couch.  

I can't say similar thoughts didn't cross my mind. Her IG does have quite a few pictures of them out in nature. But they need to UP the hiking and lower the caloric intake. I can see them thinking, "Hey, we just hiked for an hour, we can eat 2 large pizzas and a gallon of ice cream". 

• Love 6

I've been invited to bachelorette parties where they listed the bride's sizes.  Otherwise how are you suppose to be able to buy lingerie if you don't know what size they were?  So I would think not listing that stuff on the invite would be a good indication to maybe not buy something. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Janc said:

I'm absolutely not a Meri apologist, but I never thought that was Meri's arm, I assumed Sam/Jackie did that herself and claimed it was Meri's. 

I can remember the first time I saw that photo I put it up as big as I could on my screen.  If you looked in the background...it was Meri's house.  So if it wasn't Meri doing that, the person was in her house when they did. 

• Love 8

I'm disliking Tony more each week.  He doesn't care to hold hands with Mykelti?  He wants a large wedding (paid for by Mykelti's family of course). He appears way too casual to be a courting boyfriend asking for Mykelti's hand in marriage. Somewhere he has developed a very healthy ego and I guess he thinks he should be a banker (because I am sure he is not).  I can totally see him dragging Mykelti into polygamy and joining AUB where he can be a big fish.

He reminds me of a guy I dated who always had a great line but was in fact a great liar.  He was always getting calls from debt collectors.  A second credit card rejected from a restaurant was the final straw for me.  He even looks like the guy I dated, who was stocky but didn't have the flab Tony has.

ETA:  I also think it is concerning that Mykelti acts like a different person when Tony is around.  Instead of her usual vivacious, outspoken, goofy self, Christine says she is very quiet around Tony. So Christine, even if Mykelti can be too much sometimes, do you want a husband that causes her to repress her personality?

Edited by riverblue22
another complaint about Tony.
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I can't say similar thoughts didn't cross my mind. Her IG does have quite a few pictures of them out in nature. But they need to UP the hiking and lower the caloric intake. I can see them thinking, "Hey, we just hiked for an hour, we can eat 2 large pizzas and a gallon of ice cream". 

This reminds me of a refrigerator magnet I bought this weekend.

"I'm into fitness. I'm gonna fitness whole pizza in my mouth."

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm disliking Tony more each week.  He doesn't care to hold hands with Mykelti?  He wants a large wedding (paid for by Mykelti's family of course). He appears way too casual to be a courting boyfriend asking for Mykelti's hand in marriage. Somewhere he has developed a very healthy ego and I guess he thinks he should be a banker (because I am sure he is not).  I can totally see him dragging Mykelti into polygamy and joining AUB where he can be a big fish.

He reminds me of a guy I dated who always had a great line but was in fact a great liar.  He was always getting calls from debt collectors.  A second credit card rejected from a restaurant was the final straw for me.  He even looks like the guy I dated, who was stocky but didn't have the flab Tony has.

Former banker here.  If FT does work for a bank, I would be willing to bet it's in a back office job.  His speech issues would be a serious drawback to a front  line job.   There are no sub-titles on the teller line. 

Banks, particularly Utah banks, want  clean cut LDS poster boys on the front line.  Imo of course.

• Love 7

On the Janelle and Meri thing, I wrote a long time ago I think on TWOP, that it's more Kody's fault than anything that he was so clueless to not know that he would have to help his first wife and his second wife facilitate a good relationship.  He is without excuse even though I think he blames the fact that he didn't grow up in polygamy and had no models to go by but I think that's just BS.  I'm not sure why Janelle and Meri don't blame him more but he doesn't really seem to get blamed for anything. 

I watched Polygamy USA http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/polygamy-usa/  and feel like Kody needs a good talking to from Arthur Hammond- especially since they are family via Robin and Christine, I think.  Arthur "seems to" have a much better basic understanding of polygamy and women and the role of a husband.  At least it seemed that way from his behavior and TH.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I'll set aside Mariah on this one, because I've dealt with a mother who repeatedly behaved like a public jackass even as I warned her about the consequences (which, of course, added more fuel to her self-imposed martyrdom). I get the brat reads and won't argue. She's given us plenty of evidence of that over the years. But hers isn't the side that chafes for me.

Speaking as someone whose husband was caught sexting a woman who "fell in love" with him, I can confirm that some of us experience that as a very distinct betrayal - physical contact or not. Returning to some semblance of trust hasn't happened overnight. Still a work in progress. Had my spouse pulled the "suck it up, get over it, move on" that Meri was spouting, we would no longer be married. 

This is a good post.  I think each of us sees this through the lens of our own experiences.  If my mom had done what Meri did, it would be a huge departure from her character and morals and would indicate to me that she was struggling with something very troubling.  

I agree that sexting etc is cheating on the spouse, and that is for them to work out - not for Mariah to do.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Also, Kody - just shut up about the chaste courtships.  Please do not tell me you were not taking Sobyn to pound town when you were "dating" her.

OMG...second time today reading this forum where tea almost got spit across my keyboard. lol  That is a pseudonym I'd never heard before - "taking her to pound town"...LOLOLOL

• Love 3

It's so hard to decide which conversation is the most awkward in every episode! Janelle and Meri's visit with Nancy just took the cake (all the tasting cakes!) for me though. These women can't share a car ride where they don't even have to talk but just listen to an audiobook together!? Won't say hello to each other if they are both putting the trash out? These people are worse than strangers, they are serious archenemies. I mean...both of them saying they can't even pretend to show interest in what might make the other person interested or happy in life? SERIOUSLY? That's some cold shit right there. How about your kids? You claim to love all the kids, why not start there as a bonding point? (In other news, Nancy is way overpaid. Maybe all therapists are.)

Plus, Janelle worrying about detatching from her own daughter's bridal shower? Wha? She needs serious alone-time therapy to work on her confidence issues (not with Nancy). It's hard to believe she's the one wife who actually left for a while.

But that Tony/Mykelti endless hike/awkward proposal was also quite terrible. He wanted to make that hike/proposal so romantic but he forgot the picnic part so they just ate granola bars. Lololol. These people don't seem like they even know each other more than mild acquaintances, yet they're talking about marriage and totally overreacting and fake laughing... I'm not usually one to call showmance on reality shows or say a relationship is for publicity reasons but this one... yeah, this is not legit. Also, this "banker" got her ring at the pawn shop where she works. Smooth.

In comparison, Mariah continues to be a favorite this season with her honesty about the Meri situation. I think her reaction is exactly as expected for the somewhat spoiled, first daughter/only child (cause that's what she acts like), who really bought into the idea that polygamy is the best because her mom was #1 wifey for so long and their life was very separate/good compared to the others. She's daddy's girl and always has been, and she feels like her mom totally cheated and betrayed her dad, and knows the real deal that this wasn't just some innocent friendship but Meri being raunchy with bananas and pleading in those voicemails. (Mariah is probably one of the kids that contacted Catfish and asked a bunch of questions and looked at all the pictures and listened to all the voicemails.) Mariah knows she was totally planning to leave and also pressuring Mariah to boot and saying things like "You have to understand and respect what this relationship means to me." WTF? You want me to respect your cheating? Yeah, NOPE. I would expect her to really never fully get over this honestly. This is her mom betraying her dad and embroiling her almost as a complicit accomplice, and it totally shattered the close, trusting relationship she had with her Mom. The outcome and the fact that it was a catfish is besides the point. Mariah would be feeling the same if Meri actually had up and left Kody.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I've been invited to bachelorette parties where they listed the bride's sizes.  Otherwise how are you suppose to be able to buy lingerie if you don't know what size they were?  So I would think not listing that stuff on the invite would be a good indication to maybe not buy something. 

I agree, it's not rocket science.  

I think the sister wives discussion about appropriate shower gifts was just one more way they're trying to convince viewers how their lifestyle is better than the monogamous world.  They were also showing (IDK if it was intentional on their part or not) how out of touch with the world they are.  You don't have to be monogamous to have common sense or be tuned into how society functions appropriately, but as they've shown us for years they're neither worldly nor are they aware of how to behave appropriately with others.  

• Love 5

I am not defending him but yes it is probably nerves. I have dealt with multiple losses in my family as well and IMO Tony was very nice, even though he was nervous.  It is a difficult conversation to have with anyone. Most people do not bother.

• Love 8

I watched the first few seasons but haven't followed for a while. I found these forums last year for another reality show I watch and I saw sister wives on the other day so 8 thought I would see what this forum is like. I've decided that I won't watch the show but I will read all the snark as I throughly enjoy y'alls posts.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Actually, they have been used in the same sentence before, but the words "shirked" or "neglected" or "ignored" always appear between them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! 

This is perfection!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

ETA:  I also think it is concerning that Mykelti acts like a different person when Tony is around.  Instead of her usual vivacious, outspoken, goofy self, Christine says she is very quiet around Tony. So Christine, even if Mykelti can be too much sometimes, do you want a husband that causes her to repress her personality?

There were very conflicting things said about this. One minute they're saying that Mykelti has always been unique and Tony is finally someone she can be herself around....but the next minute they're saying she's so much more "calm" and "relaxed" around him. Which is it?

56 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I believe this is called re-gifting.  

Bahahaha! Can I marry you?

(It's okay if you're already married. We can just get a planet, the more the merrier!)

• Love 13

On a different note--does anybody else think it silly that one does a "surprise" proposal after they've essentially proposed? Maybe it's because it wasn't that way for me-- mine was a complete surprise-- that I find it a liitle odd that Mykelti expected a surprise proposal after they had agreed to marry and Mykelti and Tony talked to the parents about their intention to marry, even stating the month they wanted to marry-- as well as picking out the ring. It's not really a surprise, is it? The question has already been " popped" for all intents and purposes.

No offense to anyone who had their proposal in this way.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Adiba said:

On a different note--does anybody else think it silly that one does a "surprise" proposal after they've essentially proposed? Maybe it's because it wasn't that way for me-- mine was a complete surprise-- that I find it a liitle odd that Mykelti expected a surprise proposal after they had agreed to marry and Mykelti and Tony talked to the parents about their intention to marry, even stating the month they wanted to marry-- as well as picking out the ring. It's not really a surprise, is it? The question has already been " popped" for all intents and purposes.

But if it doesn't happen on camera, then it doesn't count! This is the Madonna Theory to Living Life.

• Love 7

I read on another forum that Tony is a custodian for a bank.  I have no idea if it's true or not.  Makes sense to me though.

If it is true, I hope they use bullet proof birth control.  Salaries for a custodian and pawn shop worker will be around minimum wage, maybe a somewhat higher.  Money will be tight if a baby comes along.  

• Love 2

Yeah, I've never seen Kody as really being in charge. He seems to want to be the leader, but, the women just don't cooperate. Apparently, he did not really pick women who were really into plural marriage. I know what they say, but I just don't believe them.  They just don't seem like real polygamous wives.  I've never seen any GENUINE looking commitment to plural marriage from any of them. Just lip service, with some selfish theatrics. 

And it's reflected in their kids.  They see their parents aren't really into plural marriage. (EXCEPT for Kody.)  I've seen other families who have plural marriages in documentaries (NOT THE ABUSED ONES WHO ARE HELD AGAINST THEIR WILL) and they just seem quite different from the Brown women.  There seems to be a real dedication, unselfishness and motivation to do it right.  I've never seen that with the Brown women.  Just the same catch phrases about things being better in that type of arrangement.  Which, it's not, from what we see.  So, they have no backup argument really.  I guess they just stay in therapy.  

I think it's comical and little pathetic that Kody made Tony promise to keep the prospect of plural marriage open with he and Mykeltie's kids.  LOL  He knows it's dead within his family.  You can't knock the guy for dreaming. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

I really liked Kody this episode and then he pissed me off when he said Mariah wasn't the only one hurt. He was hurt, ROBYN was hurt, and Meri most of all. What the hell does Robyn have to do with this?? If somebody could clear that up for me that would be great.

Any bridal shower I've ever been to has had tasteful lingerie or cute pjs given as gifts, as well as other things bride related like scented candles or bubble bath, stuff like that. Even my super churchy friends knew what a bridal shower was for. I don't mean dildos. I mean keeping it classy. I thought appliances and kitchen things were bought as wedding gifts for the bride and groom. I was under the impression that raunchy gag gifts were given at a bachelorette party but obviously not required. And for sure the mothers aren't ever expected to go to bachelorette parties but mother of the bride is included at the bridal shower, unless the mother is immature and giggly when she sees a nighty like Christine and Janelle are. I guess I always thought there was a clear reason for the different events. If I'm expected to bring an appliance or household item to a bridal shower then I won't be buying a wedding gift. Appliances aren't "bridal". And if there's a registry at Bed, Bath and Beyond for a bridal shower, I'd suspect the bride and groom are a little greedy. 

• Love 6

Ref. Kody saying that Robyn was hurt.  It seems that I recall some story that was told when they were in Alaska about how Meri had told Robyn something in confidence that put her in a difficult situation about the Catfishing issue.  Maybe someone can recall those details, but, I do remember it because Robyn was complaining about it. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Janelle over analyzes "being present" for her daughter's wedding shower. She is such a lump, I can see how she would get on people's nerves.

You know, I'm often critical of Janelle, but I get this part.  I'm not as introverted as Janelle, but I have social anxiety.  I've realized that I tend to check out in situations that overwhelm me.  I've made it through funerals of those I'm closest to (even my father), without a tear.  I did it by checking out and focusing strongly on being elsewhere during the funerals.  At my grandmother's funeral, I made myself "be present".  I told myself - I will allow myself to feel what I feel.  I will allow myself to cry.  I know that's bizarre and even weird to "normal" people, but it was a breakthrough for me.  And I'm not nearly as closed off as Janelle is.

19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

“Last summer was miserable for me.” It’s all about Mariah, of course.  I can’t believe how she is throwing her mother under the bus on national television. Kody turned beet red when she told him that had the catfish been real, Meri would have left him. The reason Kody can’t pull out “the stinky finger of blame” is because it would point directly back at him. I agree with him. He is culpable and was the catalyst for Meri’s behavior, because had he not thrown her over for Robyn, chances are, this wouldn’t have happened. And yeah, Kody you signed up for this the day you agreed to have TLC’s cameras in your homes. 

I'm torn.  I fully believe that Meri, Kody, and the other three wives, as a group, decided what they would say regarding the catfisher.  So on the one hand, I think Mariah knows full well she's going off script, and she's being a little brat for throwing her mother under the bus.  On the other hand, I can't necessarily blame her for wanting honesty.  Except she's a little OTT wanting Meri to tell her the dirty details.  That's creepy.  And then I think Mariah's a little snot for totally supporting Kody and even disagreeing with him when he owns up to his part of the whole thing.  Mariah says she's been utterly disillusioned with polygamy and no longer wants to be one.  Yet she still supports the man blindly, while refusing to take into consideration his culpability, and any mitigating circumstances for her mother.  That part really, really angers me.  I am an only child.  There's no way on this earth that I would join in on tearing my mother down.  I don't care how angry I was - and I have been.  It would crush me to see my mom so lonely and alone.  Mariah seems the type to take pics with her other moms, and post them on SM to spite and hurt Meri.  I think that part's abnormal.  And so much of Mariah's anger is rooted in the fact that she told Meri what to do, and Meri refused to follow her commands.  And Mariah's very caught up in, "I was right!".  And notice she said she didn't even "like" Meri that summer before the catfish thing.  So Mariah had big anger issues, but latched onto the catfish thing because it was so easy.  And Mariah, please drop the "I'm just a kid" thing when you go in to treat patients.  You want to instill confidence in your patients, not terror.

19 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

She doesn't "keep sweet"!

I don't think AUB ascribes to keeping sweet.  If so, the Browns have never followed that.  They have the most out spoken women and children on this show.  Kody once had a conversation with Mariah that some interpreted as his telling her to "keep sweet", but I interpreted it as - get that constant sour puss look off your face, and stop being such a brat.  I think it may have been around the time of Mariah's total breakdown and stalking of "her house".

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I can see where it might look that way at first.......but having worked as a ranger in the national parks for nearly 10 years I've seen all kinds of people hiking. Not everyone who hikes is super svelte--in fact many people who didn't look like they could do it made the 16 mile round trip to Half Dome in Yosemite. 

But yeah. To me, hiking "a lot" means at least a few times a week (and maybe they do, they aren't filmed 24/7). 

• Love 3

So I finally watched the second half.  I didn't think Tony was as bad as some here thought when it came to the hike.  He guided her in where to go and where to put her foot, etc.  I was a little peeved when I realized that Mykelti had been hauling HIS backpack the whole way. 

I'm also more convinced that they haven't had sex yet.  She tells him he can hold her hand, and he responds, "nah".  Then he tells her later she can kiss him, and she gives him a little peck on the lips.  I just watched Jinjer Duggar and her groom open mouth, and slow kiss at the altar.  These two are like grade schoolers with a crush.  I'm having a little hope for them.  Paedon and Aspyn seem all in, and they've lived with her and all full siblings.  I can't believe they wouldn't wish the best for their sister.

I think Tony may be the first person Mykelti has encountered who doesn't think she's an oddball or too much.  He's odd, too.  Plus, he seems to encourage her to do things she's afraid to do, so he probably seems exciting in that aspect.  I still don't think the Browns were less than impressed due to his heritage.  It might be more to do with the fact that he looks like a slob, laughs and grins when he's trying to be serious, and says things like, "romance-y", and Mykelti doesn't want to push back the wedding, even a "monf".  He's a mush mouth, and at first blush, may seem intellectually-challenged.  I'm not so sure that Kody and wive's defense on SM necessarily mean he's a great guy.  They blindly support family, and if they see he inevitably will be family, they're going to blindly support him.  It's a "perk" of being a Brown.  Lol.

• Love 5

hahahaha the irony of Kody honestly saying, "I CANT Tell you - how magical that experience is" when referring to chastity until marriage. LOL! You really can't very well. 

OH my god Tony's shifty eyes are driving me insane. 

Edited by iii
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, iii said:

hahahaha the irony of Kody honestly saying, "I CANT Tell you - how magical that experience is" when referring to chastity until marriage. LOL! You really can't very well. 

"I can't tell you - but maybe David Preston or Meri's brother could". Bahahaha

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I've never seen Kody as really being in charge. He seems to want to be the leader, but, the women just don't cooperate. Apparently, he did not really pick women who were really into plural marriage. I know what they say, but I just don't believe them.  They just don't seem like real polygamous wives.  I've never seen any GENUINE looking commitment to plural marriage from any of them. Just lip service, with some selfish theatrics. 

and if so, that's so weird!  If you're not into it, why do it?????

3 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

and if so, that's so weird!  If you're not into it, why do it?????

I won't speak for them on their religious beliefs, but, it seems that they just seemed to think it was done in that faith AND that Kody was pretty cute.  I don't see it being much deeper than that.  Not from what we have seen on the series.   

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

So I finally watched the second half.  I didn't think Tony was as bad as some here thought when it came to the hike.  He guided her in where to go and where to put her foot, etc.  I was a little peeved when I realized that Mykelti had been hauling HIS backpack the whole way. 

I'm also more convinced that they haven't had sex yet.  She tells him he can hold her hand, and he responds, "nah".  Then he tells her later she can kiss him, and she gives him a little peck on the lips.  I just watched Jinjer Duggar and her groom open mouth, and slow kiss at the altar.  These two are like grade schoolers with a crush.  I'm having a little hope for them.  Paedon and Aspyn seem all in, and they've lived with her and all full siblings.  I can't believe they wouldn't wish the best for their sister.

I think Tony may be the first person Mykelti has encountered who doesn't think she's an oddball or too much.  He's odd, too.  Plus, he seems to encourage her to do things she's afraid to do, so he probably seems exciting in that aspect.  I still don't think the Browns were less than impressed due to his heritage.  It might be more to do with the fact that he looks like a slob, laughs and grins when he's trying to be serious, and says things like, "romance-y", and Mykelti doesn't want to push back the wedding, even a "monf".  He's a mush mouth, and at first blush, may seem intellectually-challenged.  I'm not so sure that Kody and wive's defense on SM necessarily mean he's a great guy.  They blindly support family, and if they see he inevitably will be family, they're going to blindly support him.  It's a "perk" of being a Brown.  Lol.

I kinda feel the same way about Tony. Mykelti is wise to hike safe, but Tony was pretty good at giving her some confidence--he did a good job helping her navigate the tree. I didn't think he was being discourteous towards her at all.

He does seem a bit socially awkward but some people just are. It's gotta be hard being seen as awkward and being on television having everyone pick you apart (to be expected when you put yourself out there). If he does turn out to be a tool, reality television has shown that stuff can follow him around for a long time. 

• Love 4

I agree with RedHeadZombie above...watching Mykelti and Tony together is like watching 14 year olds trying to act "mature" just because they are playacting an adult role. 

...and a note to Christine...maybe Mykelti is quiet and reserved around Tony because she gets all of his attention.  She no longer has to stand out in a crowd of children.  Lumped together with "the girls" born at a similar time or lost in the crazy noise of Christine's house.  She's like the Marsha Brady in Christines girls.  Not the oldest and mama's helper Aspyn, but not the crazy loud and obnoxious little girls either, but stuck in the middle. Mykelti and Tony are both emotionally stunted immature Adult children.

And Janelle.  Wow. just wow. Could she moan and bitch any more about how everyone is steam rolling over Madison's wedding by even thinking of Mykelti's.  Um...I'm just a mother of two children.  One boy, one girl (now both amazing adults) and we had to do many sit down diplomatic family meetings together...the only thing I kept saying over and over was...why don't you just ask Maddie!!??  Is Maddie bent out of shape at the shear THOUGHT that a younger sister would DARE get married the same year?? And then to say that "so many siblings" are going to be so upset at the thought of Mykelti stepping on Maddie's wedding toes....I really think that if I were sitting there I would be the one to look her in the eye and state..."Really Janelle!? Which siblings?  Who will be heartbroken with two weddings in three months time!!??"

Really Janelle!? Trying to work through issues and find a way to have a working relationship with a woman you have known half you life is the "hardest thing I've ever done".  She is more emotionally stunted than all of them put together.  I am starting to see why her cluelessness and indecisiveness made it hard to deal with her over the years.  She actually really irritated me in this episode.  I think she needs to put in extra one on one time with Nancy and get to the bottom of her own issues. 

• Love 15

In comparison, Mariah continues to be a favorite this season with her honesty about the Meri situation. I think her reaction is exactly as expected for the somewhat spoiled, first daughter/only child (cause that's what she acts like), who really bought into the idea that polygamy is the best because her mom was #1 wifey for so long and their life was very separate/good compared to the others. She's daddy's girl and always has been, and she feels like her mom totally cheated and betrayed her dad, and knows the real deal that this wasn't just some innocent friendship but Meri being raunchy with bananas and pleading in those voicemails. (Mariah is probably one of the kids that contacted Catfish and asked a bunch of questions and looked at all the pictures and listened to all the voicemails.) Mariah knows she was totally planning to leave and also pressuring Mariah to boot and saying things like "You have to understand and respect what this relationship means to me." WTF? You want me to respect your cheating? Yeah, NOPE. I would expect her to really never fully get over this honestly. This is her mom betraying her dad and embroiling her almost as a complicit accomplice, and it totally shattered the close, trusting relationship she had with her Mom. The outcome and the fact that it was a catfish is besides the point. Mariah would be feeling the same if Meri actually had up and left Kody.

I concur with you whole post, but especially this. I thought that when Mariah mentioned being miserable the previous summer that it was not coming from an "all about me" place. I would imagine Mariah was caught in the middle between Meri and Kody. She sees her mom's behavior toward Sam, she tries to warn Meri off, but Meri does not listen because she is in love (or what the adults are selling she wanted to make friends). I think that would put Mariah in an awkward position of wanted to support her mom, but also trying to warn her about Sam being a catfish, and wanting to support or tell her dad. Mariah being around Meri and Kody more during her time home in the summer, she basically had to keep her mouth shut about what Meri was up to with Sam. I think Kody is an idiot a majority of the time, but he is Mariah's father and she seems to love him. So all around awkward.

Watching Mykelti and Tony during the couch segments is almost like watching two strangers sitting on a couch. Okay, maybe not strangers, but acquaintances. 

Kody and his stupid negotiations. Mykelti has her own apartment out of state (and previously had an apartment with her sister) it is quite possible that she has already had sex with someone already. I think I remember during one of the question and answer or tell all shows that the older kids were asked if they have kissed someone romantically and I think pretty much all of them raised their hands, so I assume there was at least some dating going on, so it is not unreasonable to think that some of the kids have already slept with someone. Kody apparently thinks otherwise.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did I hear CCS (Creepy Captain Subtitles) say that he just wanted to wrap up the convo with Kody so he could get to eating?!  I'm pretty sure that's what he said.  And then he forked half a salad into his mouth at one time.  I found myself strangely preoccupied with CCS's fork, thinking - oh hell noes, he cannot possibly get that much lettuce into his mouth at one time!  

Right !   I forgot about that scene. I was also preoccupied with that huge amount of food on the fork. Some Jaw's background music would of been perfect.

• Love 7

I respect the poster who responded regarding Christine's concerns about Mykelti acting differently around Tony - saying that perhaps it's because Mykelti has Tony's undivided attention so she doesn't have to be loud or crazy or whatnot.  For me, though, a huge red flag went up when Christine said that.  If my daughter - a typical noisy and bossy 16-year old - started dating a boy and her personality changed drastically, I'd be all kinds of concerned.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 19
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And then he forked half a salad into his mouth at one time.  I found myself strangely preoccupied with CCS's fork, thinking - oh hell noes, he cannot possibly get that much lettuce into his mouth at one time!  And then boyfriend did it!

LOL.  So glad I'm not the only one who noticed the huge amount of lettuce. 

• Love 10