Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: "Kody Takes Responsibility"

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Speaking of planets in the afterlife, here's something that occurred to me some time ago, but I only brought it up to my wife tonight:
1. If the husband gets his own planet when he dies
AND
2. The husband's wives go to his planet when they die
THEN
3. How do children ever end up on their father's planet?

I mean that question actually seriously. If all males get their own planet, then no male children can go to their father's planet. And if wives go to their husband's planet, then only unmarried female children would ever end up on their father's planet because all married females go to their husband's planet. For me, this is irrefutable proof (even by the strained logic of the Browns and AUB) that none of them has thought seriously, rationally, and objectively about their beliefs.

16 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

That's why their "religion" falls the fuck apart once the tiniest bit of logic is applied.

Your problem is that you are being too logical by thinking about the next step....  That is way too much for the Browns!   They literally only think about step one, which is being with King Douche forever on his planet.  That is where the thought process ends.   I would bet that if one of us were to propose your question to Kody, he would say that since you are just a monogamist, you simply cannot understand.  And then he would flit away towards the next shiny object that caught his eye, with what is left of his hair just flapping in the wind behind him. 

A question that I have for Meri -- if you are so miserable with Kody here, what on earth makes you want to spend eternity with him on his stupid planet?  Especially since he will be with your sister wives as well?  I really don't get it.  But then again, I am just a monogamist.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I understand those that are vilifying the catfish, however, we are all responsible for our own actions. Yes, Meri was in a very unhappy marriage. Seeking companionship and intimacy elsewhere is not the answer. Mend it or end it. 

Mykelti does seem to be using this wedding as a measuring stick of her value to the family. 

Why are there no photos or evidence of Tony's family? Did he cut all ties with his Catholic, Mexican family when he converted to the Mormon faith? That, combined with Mykelti acting different around Tony are huge red flags for potential problems. 

Oh I bet his parents are horrified!  Smart money says they do not want to be on film or even be mentioned.  

19 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

A question that I have for Meri -- if you are so miserable with Kody here, what on earth makes you want to spend eternity with him on his stupid planet?  Especially since he will be with your sister wives as well?  I really don't get it.  But then again, I am just a monogamist.

Good point and hysterical! 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is there any chance that this is someone pretending to be Mariah?  I didn't see anything that would show it was Mariah's, other than the name.  I mean, I could care less if Mariah is a lesbian, and have no problem if she likes looking at women play with their own pierced nipples.  But I have a hard time believing she puts that out there for all her family to see, and any young fan to find.   Not questioning you, just wondering. 

I doubt that is mariah's tumbler. I don't care if she is gay, straight, whatever. I am surprised that she'd show topless or suggestive photos. They're so modesty driven, I don't see her doing that. 

14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I've always wondered about this.. Meri looked super skinny in their wedding photo. Were Janelle & Christine overweight when they married?

I think Meri was average but not waify. Christina was more like Aspyn (the blonde sorority daughter) - thicker plus sized, but proportioned and not obese. Like cornfed Viking farmgirl big. Not petite or slim framed, but healthy, could probably be super muscular if she worked out. Janelle was always big but nowhere as big or out of shape as she is now. She accumulates weight in a really unhealthy manner. She would be a true candidate for weight loss surgery.

11 hours ago, Marigny said:

Of course they've been lying to us all these years! Honestly, I don't think Meri & Janelle have ever liked each other. I think Meri has resented her from day one. Meri was guilted into accepting Janelle as a second wife due to her fertility troubles and Kodouche wanting to populate his planet. Kodouche chose Janelle because she was a means to an end (populating his celestial kingdom), which would explain why there's never been a love connection between the two of them. Janelle's self esteem was probably so low after her first marriage that she accepting Kodouche as an option was better than having no options at all. 

The whole thing is really sad. 

I think there was a love connection with Kody and Janelle. Not a passionate fiery love, but more of a gentle, steadfast, peaceful love. I also think Kody thought he was being Captain Save a Ho (ok she never was a ho, but he rescued her) and also building his celestial harem.

Christine is the one I don't think he had love for. She picked him and would have no one else, he didn't refuse, and landed polyg royalty plus this third wife/key to his planet. She also was supposed to buffer Meri and Janelle's discord. Everybody wins. Except they didn't. 

How these women are all smitten by him is beyond me. He wasn't bad looking when he was younger and had a hair cut. I guess pickings are slim when you only marry within the family circle. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I have no clue what this religion's position is on homosexuality.  Anyone know?  I have a hard time believing it is favorable!   

While Kody likes to be sure everyone is clear that he is a Fundamentalist Mormon and not a Mormon (I'm sure it only matters really and truly to people within those categories) the Mormon Church (mainstream one LDS) is very supportive financially to fighting any kind of rights for homosexuals.  Some years ago they filtered a whole lot of member given cash to fight the California Prop 8, yet they don't have the heavy membership in California that they have in Utah and surrounding states. 

If you care to read online etc there is a lot out there on the extremes the church goes to including putting into young teens heads that "it is better to be dead than gay".  I have read that the big Mormon universities have a higher than national norm of suicide.  And Utah is supposed to have a higher than usual use of anti anxiety/depression meds than the national norm.  I have also read that families can be excommunicated if they don't denounce homosexual children and vice versa with young people not denouncing homosexual parents etc. The mainstream LDS Mormon church is a powerful force with plenty of members filtering cash into the coffers to help back that power politically.  From what I read of the church is that it is one heck of a big cult.

On the subject of the question of Mariah and the linked tumbler....I glanced at it.  Eww... While someone else went through and did find things that could possibly be linked to the actual Mariah Brown, I'm still skeptical.  My daughter went through a long and painful few years in high school because of tumbler.  She had a stalker girl who created endless fake accounts to "pretend" she was being victimized online.  For several reasons she settled on my daughter and at one point made a tumbler in my daughters real name, stole photos from my daughters pages and did a whole lot of horrible things and made a lot of horrible posts.  To this day she continues online going from person to person, putting out some of the most insane things.  It's obvious that this poor girl is just not mentally stable but my daughter suffered greatly and finally took my advise and cut complete ties with tumbler, deleted everything and fortunately graduated and continued on to excel in university.

It is just too easy to "mirror" these things online, so until something really concrete comes up I will be skeptical about that tumbler.  In fact when all the catfish stuff was coming out last year with Meri and the fact that the actual person was many many different "profiles" online; lots of people were skeptical...I mean...who has that kind of T I M E to create and keep track of everything.  I knew darn well it could be done because I went through it vicariously with my daughter.  I saw upwards of 25 different profiles that my daughter traced back to the same computer and the same girl (she became quite the learned computer detective back then), all these profiles talking, crying, supporting each other...that is a level of disconnect that I can't quite wrap my head around.  But it is out there, it exists. 

To not derail this post too much from the original intent....Kody even mentioned in a TH that he didn't "sign up for this" when he talked about seeing his twisted storyline on the front page of a celebrity rag in the supermarket check out line.  Well...Kody....yes, you did.  The problem was that they lived in their little polygamous fundie Mormon bubble.  I'm sure they were mostly to completely unaware about this kind of thing happening to everyday people, let alone the crap that falls onto celebrities through social media.  Judging by the kind of tweets they first put out and the tweets they now put out...even then they weren't fully aware of what they were in store for.  Unhappy people say unhappy things.  Happy people at home on a computer say unhappy or down right horrible things...and worse. They should have stuck with communal living and hired themselves a social media consultant to help them navigate the REAL world since they are really only interested in living in their bubble, but now they are so tied with a thick umbilical cord of cold cash to that "evil world of haters" that Kody likes to flip off on camera.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Meri was average but not waify. Christina was more like Aspyn (the blonde sorority daughter) - thicker plus sized, but proportioned and not obese. Like cornfed Viking farmgirl big. Not petite or slim framed, but healthy, could probably be super muscular if she worked out. Janelle was always big but nowhere as big or out of shape as she is now. She accumulates weight in a really unhealthy manner. She would be a true candidate for weight loss surgery.

I think there was a love connection with Kody and Janelle. Not a passionate fiery love, but more of a gentle, steadfast, peaceful love. I also think Kody thought he was being Captain Save a Ho (ok she never was a ho, but he rescued her) and also building his celestial harem.

Christine is the one I don't think he had love for. She picked him and would have no one else, he didn't refuse, and landed polyg royalty plus this third wife/key to his planet. She also was supposed to buffer Meri and Janelle's discord. Everybody wins. Except they didn't. 

How these women are all smitten by him is beyond me. He wasn't bad looking when he was younger and had a hair cut. I guess pickings are slim when you only marry within the family circle. 

Where she takes on weight is all about her body type, which is apple.   I have that shape, too.  I am not fat but deal with a 10 to 15 lb swing now that I am older and it all comes on in my middle section.  Look at Carne Wilson to see how successful surgery is!  You still have to diet, no way around it. 

Kody having love for Janelle speaks to why Meri did not warm to her.  It must have been obvious and not so with Christine.

2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

the Mormon Church (mainstream one LDS) is very supportive financially to fighting any kind of rights for homosexuals. 

Thanks for the information in your entire post.  So disappointing and infuriating.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

@wings707 Just surgery wouldnt make Janelle thin or eve just overweight. She'll struggle her entire life with constant diet, exercise, medication, surgery, etc. I feel for her. Diet and lack of exercise absolutely affect it, but it is t as simple as not eating potato chips and walking for her. She's close to perimenopausal, had multiple close together pregnancies, has always been heavier, has a lot of stress, and just genetically bound to be bigger. I hope her condition now - joint paint, legarthy, blood pressure, etc is a warning to her children to do what they can NOW to maintain better health. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Kody having love for Janelle speaks to why Meri did not warm to her.  It must have been obvious and not so with Christine.

Not to mention, Janelle was the one pumping out sons.  I have a feeling Meri would have been cool to wife number two, but the fact that it was her former sister in-law had to be distressing.  To this day, she probably believes they were involved in a clandestine affair. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Not to mention, Janelle was the one pumping out sons.  I have a feeling Meri would have been cool to wife number two, but the fact that it was her former sister in-law had to be distressing.  To this day, she probably believes they were involved in a clandestine affair. 

They might have been. There was no virginity to lose.  They met for clandestine lunches, it is said. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I doubt that is mariah's tumbler. I don't care if she is gay, straight, whatever. I am surprised that she'd show topless or suggestive photos. They're so modesty driven, I don't see her doing that. 

That is Mariah's tumblr.  She sure has changed a lot since going to college.  To be clear, none of those photos are of her naked body!  She just re-blogs lots of gay content.  

Edited by lettsjetts
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I swear Kodester read a thesaurus over hiatus.  Catalyst, negotiations and culpable are all new. What a tool.

I think he got a Big and Flashy New Word a Day calendar for Christmas last year.  Amaze and impress people at parties with your swell new vocabulary!!!!!!!

2016 is almost up so he must be near the end.  His pretty little head is too full to hold so many big words anyway.

• Love 4

My first thought regarding Mariah's supposed Tumblr is - if it's not hers, who the crap would put so much time into creating a Tumblr for someone else?

My next thought was - maybe "Sam" isn't done messing with Meri and the Browns?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

From the Mariah we have been shown on the show that is much more of what I would expect from her.  The newer photos were a bit over the top, if she is lesbian those posts are certainly shouting it from the rooftops, however artistically shot the photos are.

When the question was brought up in one of those Q&A's they did in the past that how would they feel if one of their many children were homosexual and Janelle immediately replied that with as many children as they have they are likely to have one or two.  Then the subject really dropped.  What a sad poetic justice that the roll of the dice just that it might be Meri's only daughter and while first denied the male child she obviously desired she was then denied the eight children to fill a giant house with and then denied the traditional carrying on of the families religion once Mariah decided against polygamy.  Damn.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I stand corrected. Meri was definitely thin when they married. Still homely as homemade sin but thin. 

IMG_1820.JPG

Christine seems to be more attractive now then when younger. Why was she 'polyg royalty'? Meri too, a bit. Janelle, to me, is the prettiest, for her face alone although she now looks quite tired & of course, the weight is over just being heavy into morbidly obese. I've never known why Robyn was deemed the 'hot' one; I just don't see it. She's just thin; not particularly attractive. But just my opinions.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
Just now, gonecrackers said:

Christine seems to be more attractive now then when younger. Why was she 'polyg royalty'? Meri too, a bit. Janelle, to me, is the prettiest, for her face alone although she now looks quite tired. I've never known why Robyn was deemed the 'hot' one; I just don't see it. She's just thin; not particularly attractive. But just my opinions.

Maddie looks just like Janelle. Christine looks 100x better now. Robyn was hot because she was the newest. She does have pretty hair. 

Although they're all related or at least connected somehow (I'll have to dig through and old post to find the deciphering of the family wreath), Christine is the granddaughter I think of one of the more recent prophets and the founder. I think. 

• Love 3

Ok - help me if I left anyone out of the wreath:

Kody legally married Meri. Her brother was legally married to Janelle. Janelle and Meri's brother divorced and Janelle spiritually married Kody.

Kody's dad was legally married to Kody's mom, called to polygamy,  and then spiritually married somebody else as well as Janelle's mom (after K & J were adults).

Caleb (Maddie's husband) is the nephew of Kody's brother.

Christine and Kody are third cousins (they share a set of great grandparents).

Christine and Robyn's first husband are first cousins (share a set of grandparents).

One of Meri's father's spiritual wives (one of her spiritual stepmothers), is related to Robyn's first husband.

The alleged Wife to Be #5, Mindy, is Robyn's step niece. (Not sure if that means she is the daughter of one of Robyn's step siblings, or the step daughter of one of Robyn's bio siblings). 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kody legally married Meri. Her brother was legally married to Janelle. Janelle and Meri's brother divorced and Janelle spiritually married Kody.

Kody's dad was legally married to Kody's mom, called to polygamy,  and then spiritually married somebody else as well as Janelle's mom (after K & J were adults).

Christine and Robyn's first husband are first cousins (share a set of grandparents).

One of Meri's father's spiritual wives (one of her spiritual stepmothers), is related to Robyn's first husband.

The alleged Wife to Be #5, Mindy, is Robyn's step niece. (Not sure if that means she is the daughter of one of Robyn's step siblings, or the step daughter of one of Robyn's bio siblings). 

Ow. That hurt my brain. What a familial equation. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Can anyone elaborate on this? Now that I can watch TLC Go I've been working my way through some early Sister Wives episodes again. I just watched one near the beginning of Season 2, where they visit Kody's father's ranch and it was portrayed as if the only two wives were Kody's and Janelle's moms. Was there somebody else they were hiding?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Christine seems to be more attractive now then when younger. Why was she 'polyg royalty'? Meri too, a bit. Janelle, to me, is the prettiest, for her face alone although she now looks quite tired & of course, the weight is over just being heavy into morbidly obese. I've never known why Robyn was deemed the 'hot' one; I just don't see it. She's just thin; not particularly attractive. But just my opinions.

They all seemed plain initially, but hair and makeup--even minimal--does wonders. Having seen several seasons, they've evolved--Meri looks best with light, longish blonde hair while Robyn looks better brunette (never cared for Robyn's light hair phase). I love Janelle's platinum shade, it suits her. Christine has nice facial contours and it would be fun to see her glam up:). 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Close.  Caleb was Kody's brother's brother-in-law.  His sister, Erica, married Kody's little brother, Curtis.

I hate that this stuff is taking up space in my brain.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Close.  Caleb was Kody's brother's brother-in-law.  His sister, Erica, married Kody's little brother, Curtis.

I hate that this stuff is taking up space in my brain.

Thank you, and I know, right??? It's all so confusing. My husband is an engineer. Mane I can get him to draw us some schematics. Probably not lol.

25 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Wait, Kody and Janelle are also step-siblings? Sweet Haysoos. 

They didn't grow up together, but yeah. 

37 minutes ago, theironwoman said:

Can anyone elaborate on this? Now that I can watch TLC Go I've been working my way through some early Sister Wives episodes again. I just watched one near the beginning of Season 2, where they visit Kody's father's ranch and it was portrayed as if the only two wives were Kody's and Janelle's moms. Was there somebody else they were hiding?

He had three at the time of his death. I don't remember the total logistics.

7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

He had three at the time of his death. I don't remember the total logistics.

Wow, there was zero indication of a 3rd wife in that episode. I'd love to know what the story is there, though I suppose it's possible she just didn't want to be filmed.

On December 6, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Alapaki said:

Come on now.

I believe Logan, and Tony, and Kody are/were chaste before marriage.

In the sense that their fiances chaste chased their dicks all over the house.

Thanks.  I'm here all week.  Remember to tip your waitresses.

Hahahahahahahah. Cute :)

Kody's regard for his children:
A-List: Logan, Hunter, Solomon
B-List: Mariah, Areola
C-List: Rest of Jenelle's Children
D-List: Rest of Robyn's Children
F-List: Christine's Children

Mykelti most likely always imagined that for her wedding day she'd be A-List.  After all, she watched Maddie's value increase during the engagement/wedding planning.  When she tantrums and tweets that she "deserves" a dream wedding, what she means is that she wants her father's attention.  She wants what she's watched the A, B, C and D-List children receive through the years - Kody's genuine positive regard.  I actually feel bad for Mykelti and Christine's other F-List children.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Personally I think Aspyn falls higher than the F list.  Not because she is held in high regard, but because she is the surrogate head slave.  She is quickly called in to "dill" with all issues regarding the children when her scatty father is forced to actually handle his children...but he obviously just can't "dill" with it all.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

Personally I think Aspyn falls higher than the F list.  Not because she is held in high regard, but because she is the surrogate head slave.  She is quickly called in to "dill" with all issues regarding the children when her scatty father is forced to actually handle his children...but he obviously just can't "dill" with it all.

That's a separate list.  That's the workhorse list.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Mykelti most likely always imagined that for her wedding day she'd be A-List.  After all, she watched Maddie's value increase during the engagement/wedding planning.  When she tantrums and tweets that she "deserves" a dream wedding, what she means is that she wants her father's attention.  She wants what she's watched the A, B, C and D-List children receive through the years - Kody's genuine positive regard.  I actually feel bad for Mykelti and Christine's other F-List children.

I think Dayton is in the A minus list.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Roslyn said:

You mean like the time truely almost died?  And Aspyn and her siblings were up all night with her and they were worried sick themselves about their sister?  And kody blew them off?  You mean that time?

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, toodles said:

You mean like the time truely almost died?  And Aspyn and her siblings were up all night with her and they were worried sick themselves about their sister?  And kody blew them off?  And kody was so exhausted from car shopping with Mariah that he needed a nap at Robyn' s instead of going with Christine to take their desperately ill child to the Dr?   You mean that time?

Sorry for the double post.  My edit went wonky.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Isn't she the one who moved in with Robyn during school break? Let's bump her up.

Sol is above the list. Overall, excellent list.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I wonder why they didn't mention this in their book.  Christine said she'd heard about Kody long before she met him, because he was legendary in the polygamy community.  However, she never mentioned that they were related. 

7 minutes ago, lma said:

You know, sometimes when two women hate each other, sometimes I wonder who slept with whose man. I have often wondered if Kody cheated with Janelle before actually "marrying" her.

Kody definitely tasted the milk before buying the used cows (Robyn and Janelle).  Christine is AUB royalty, so it was definitely a white wedding.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is there any chance that this is someone pretending to be Mariah?  I didn't see anything that would show it was Mariah's, other than the name.  I mean, I could care less if Mariah is a lesbian, and have no problem if she likes looking at women play with their own pierced nipples.  But I have a hard time believing she puts that out there for all her family to see, and any young fan to find.   Not questioning you, just wondering. 

Like you, I didn't believe it was really her either. But I went through her archives all the way back to 2011 and she is legitimately talking about moving to Utah, her new high school, and going to seminary in the mornings. She also posted a lot of personal pictures I've never seen before. I don't think someone has pretending to be her for five years.

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • Love 5

I reckon the show hasn't brought up Mariah's sexuality yet because they're saving that juice to be renewed next season. 

The parents def know with a tumblr like that. There's no way she's hiding it anymore. She must've only come out to them earlier this year because the more overt lesbian posts (girls kissing) only began in April 2016.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, NotEatingKale said:

Like you, I didn't believe it was really her either. But I went through her archives all the way back to 2011 and she is legitimately talking about moving to Utah, her new high school, and going to seminary in the mornings. She also posted a lot of personal pictures I've never seen before. I don't think someone has pretending to be her for five years.

Maybe some troll or other figured out her password and took over the tumblr?  I just don't see her posting this stuff no matter what her sexual preference.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lma said:

You know, sometimes when two women hate each other, sometimes I wonder who slept with whose man. I have often wondered if Kody cheated with Janelle before actually "marrying" her.

That is what I am saying in my post you quoted. I think so.

13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Maybe some troll or other figured out her password and took over the tumblr?  I just don't see her posting this stuff no matter what her sexual preference.

If there is a hacker, the troll in question has been posting nefarious stuff since April 2016. I'm not sure Mariah would've let that continue for nine whole months without contacting Tumblr to gain back control of her account. She is a "reality star" (that was once her moniker on twitter), so she would have FREAKED if she was hacked, especially since the troll is portraying Mariah as a lesbian. 

Yeah, I think it's her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Kody definitely tasted the milk before buying the used cows (Robyn and Janelle).  Christine is AUB royalty, so it was definitely a white wedding.

I don't know. I'm not naive by any means, but premarital activity is a huge deal with AUB and LDS, why is why so many marry so early and so quickly. I don't think there was any banging with Janelle definitely before they officially claimed to be 'married.'

Honestly, I've said before, and I'll stick with it - I think Robyn teased and tainted and wound him up, then he went home to bang his wives. I wouldn't put anything last Stealth Bitch Robyn, but Kody has that bizarre sense of honor and being the pristine white knight. I don't think they had full intercourse until they claimed they were married. Not sure if that actually requires a ceremony, or if they just say it, bye. 

15 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I can't see her posting stuff that suggestive either. 

• Love 3
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

If Meriah is at an LDS school,  is there no honor or morality code that would prevent that sort of stuff on her Tumblr? Most stricter church schools have students sign honor codes.

She is at Westminster college, which is a politically liberal college. It is not an LDS school. There is nothing to prevent her from posting what she's posting. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, NotEatingKale said:

She is at Westminster college, which is a politically liberal college. It is not an LDS school. There is nothing to prevent her from posting what she's posting. 

Thanks. I'd never heard of the place until Meriah's tantrum over getting to go there. 

• Love 1