Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Jessa is in sweatpants, Lauren is in ripped jeans (!!!), Abbie also wearing pants. Lauren looks nice with the jeans. Only Joy and Jana continue to stick to skirts even in the winter.

I wonder why they don't wear tights. It looks chilly the way the others are dressed. Are tights too Nike or whatever?

Lauren's jeans are fitted too. She manages to dress a bit more stylish then the others. 

• Love 6

Surprised to see a Seewald (guessing it's the youngest Seewald daughter? The one that's younger than Michelle Seewald?) She's in between MEchelle and Jana in the first pic.

Mixed feelings about Jessa's sweats. While I applaud her for deciding not to wear a skirt or dress even when it is not her house and there is the possibility that they are filming, those...are the only sweats she seems to own, and she looks super frumpy, especially compared to Lauren and Abbie who both look fantastic. 

ETA: It's not Danielle Seewald. Danielle has the most distinctive looks of all of the Seewald girls.

ETA2: Faith Seewald. Youngest of Ben's sisters. Born in 2006, so she's 14 and in Hannie and Jenni's cohort.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Lauren's jeans are fitted too. She manages to dress a bit more stylish then the others. 

And I love her boots! Meanwhile, disgusting Jessa and Joy are barefoot. But none of them should be gathering like this, especially maskless. Just selfish and sickening.

409EC61A-17AE-4B3B-B4F9-8E32E3313E3A.jpeg

CAAD417B-E4CF-4DA1-A285-A58823E79287.jpeg

1141414B-7FD4-41D0-8456-15DFFCF97E4F.jpeg

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

So much for Joy's sister Mom Jill, the one who raised her, not Michelle. 

Maybe Jill didn’t want to attend a potential super spreader event.

34 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lauren looks really cute. I love the jeans and boots.

Me too. Makes the barefoot hillbillies look even more gross.

• Love 9

Only in a Duggar house would the front door (in between the tree and dining table) be in the same room as the back door (near the couch).

Anna looks to be dressed frumpier than Michelle, and her youngest two look dressed to go to the Nutcracker.

Picture number 4. Lauren on center stage. A moment she'll remember for ever.

And what's with the basket by the front door, pics 4 & 8? Joy and Austin's outerwear? The place for guests to toss their coats?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Only in a Duggar house would the front door (in between the tree and dining table) be in the same room as the back door (near the couch).

Is that feature really so uncommon? My daughter's front door opens into a great room, and the door to the backyard is at the back of the room. It's a very nice house. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Portia said:

Is that feature really so uncommon? My daughter's front door opens into a great room, and the door to the backyard is at the back of the room. It's a very nice house. 

What you're describing makes more sense than Joy's set up.

The houses in my neck of the woods typically have a front and back door, or a front door and side door, and sometimes all three, but not typically in the same room.

The front door usually leads into a foyer or living room. The back or side door is usually in the kitchen or kitchen area. Some of the older homes have a side door that leads to a tiny space with stairs down to the basement and a couple steps up to the kitchen. Some might have a back door in the kitchen and sliders in the dining room, so technically they're on the same wall, but in two separate rooms.

I'm going through the houses of my family and friends in my head and can't think of one with entrance/exit doors in the same room or like in Joy's case, adjoining walls.

All this said, I've only lived in New England, so this may be a northern thing.

• Love 2

I love the laundry basket in the dining area but that would probably happen to me too. I’m guessing Jill was invited but this was party was during school time and Jill has an actual schedule unlike the rest of them.

• Love 1

I really don't understand the dress code for Joy's event. Some are in sweaters, jeans, and boots (and Lauren looks to be wearing Hunter boots, which are fairly expensive), some are in skirts, leggings, and sandals, some are in sweats, some are barefoot. It's odd and if it was for filming, it's even odder.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, ouinason said:

why is not wearing shoes indoors gross?  wearing shoes inside is not sanitary at all.

I think you answered your own question. Going barefoot in a home where everyone is wearing shoes might feel a little gross. Especially if they're tracking in dirt, mud, snow, etc.

We don't wear shoes in our house for the most part, and I also sweep and vacuum pretty regularly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The front door usually leads into a foyer or living room. The back or side door is usually in the kitchen or kitchen area. Some of the older homes have a side door that leads to a tiny space with stairs down to the basement and a couple steps up to the kitchen. Some might have a back door in the kitchen and sliders in the dining room, so technically they're on the same wall, but in two separate rooms.

I'm going through the houses of my family and friends in my head and can't think of one with entrance/exit doors in the same room or like in Joy's case, adjoining walls.

All this said, I've only lived in New England, so this may be a northern thing.

I owned a 1960's rambler in the DC 'burbs, and the front door opened into the living room, and on the adjacent wall, there was a side door, which was technically in the same room (living room opened into the dining room.) Very similar to Joy's layout (although our kitchen originally had walls, which we knocked down to open up the kitchen.) I think it's a fairly common layout, but yes, you wouldn't see it much in New England, where colonials are king.

Props to Bella for openly protesting being dragged to a super spreader event.

• Love 17

Another thing on Joy's house is they remodeled it.  I'm not sure if they moved the kitchen in this one, but I don't think the original floor plan was completely open for the front of the house.  The side door may have been in the original kitchen.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My spidey senses tell me Jill wasn't invited. They were likely filming, and blurring Jill out in a small, enclosed space would show really weird on tv. 

I was thinking that at first, too, but would Jessa really appear on the show in sweatpants? I don't know...

Regardless, I agree that Jill wasn't invited.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My spidey senses tell me Jill wasn't invited. They were likely filming, and blurring Jill out in a small, enclosed space would show really weird on tv. 

Mine too. 

FWIW the barefoot thing doesn't bother me. I'm barefoot all the time myself. I would not want to be barefoot in a Duggar house because I have standards, but I really don't think any of them realize how nasty they are. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I was thinking that at first, too, but would Jessa really appear on the show in sweatpants?

True, but the reason why I'm thinking it was filmed is the food and crafting supplies had to have cost at least several hundred dollars. There's no way the cheap-ass Duggars dished out their own money for that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

In Asian households it's considered incredibly rude to wear shoes indoors. But then again we vacuum and mop our floors religiously.

It was so incredibly shitty not to invite Jill if that's what happened. Everyone gets an invite but Jill? I think Jill wasn;'t invited because she didn't even like the pictures and she usually likes Joy's pictures.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

True, but the reason why I'm thinking it was filmed is the food and crafting supplies had to have cost at least several hundred dollars. There's no way the cheap-ass Duggars dished out their own money for that. 

I get what you are saying. These large gatherings where there is a planned activity tend to happen around filming. Wreath decorating has a "filming" feel to it, you can get footage of the supply organization, actual decorating, talking heads about the process, judging when they are done etc.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

In Asian households it's considered incredibly rude to wear shoes indoors. But then again we vacuum and mop our floors religiously.

It was so incredibly shitty not to invite Jill if that's what happened. Everyone gets an invite but Jill? I think Jill wasn;'t invited because she didn't even like the pictures and she usually likes Joy's pictures.

With all the people coming and going, including the camera crew, going barefoot in Ma and Pa Duggar's house would be the equivalent of going barefoot in a shopping mall.   I wouldn't even consider it.  I'm not sure I'd even wear sandals in that house.  At least malls have employees who know how to clean.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Is Jill persona non grata to everyone in this stupid family or just to JimBlob and Big Meech, and therefore she must also be invisible to Jill's sisters and sisters-in-law because it's been decreed from on high by Jill's parents?  If I'm sitting in on this (stupid and dangerous) gathering to which three generations of Duggar females have been invited EXCEPT one - I'm going to feel really awkward.  Jill's absence leaves an obvious gap.  Does everyone just pretend to not notice that Jill is not there?  Or are they all giggling behind their hands because Jill gives them all a common scapegoat to gloat over?  Either way I hate them all but especially Michelle, who couldn't be arsed out of her medicated stupor to make sure that ALL of her daughters could be included in this (stupid and dangerous) family tradition.

I prefer to think that Jill was like, "no thanks, but y'all enjoy your cootie cocktail" but sadly, I doubt that's what happened.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Jessa is in sweatpants, Lauren is in ripped jeans (!!!), Abbie also wearing pants. Lauren looks nice with the jeans. Only Joy and Jana continue to stick to skirts even in the winter.

I wonder why they don't wear tights. It looks chilly the way the others are dressed. Are tights too Nike or whatever?

Jana has on tights, you can see the black. I'm not sure why Joy doesn't, I guess because it was her home?

Hmm actually Jana may have on black pants. I can't tell. I thought the red was part of a skirt but it's actually part of her wreath. I don't see a dress billowing out, so either she also has on pants or she has on a more fitted skirt. 

14 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is Jill persona non grata to everyone in this stupid family or just to JimBlob and Big Meech, and therefore she must also be invisible to Jill's sisters and sisters-in-law because it's been decreed from on high by Jill's parents?  If I'm sitting in on this (stupid and dangerous) gathering to which three generations of Duggar females have been invited EXCEPT one - I'm going to feel really awkward.  Jill's absence leaves an obvious gap.  Does everyone just pretend to not notice that Jill is not there?  Or are they all giggling behind their hands because Jill gives them all a common scapegoat to gloat over?  Either way I hate them all but especially Michelle, who couldn't be arsed out of her medicated stupor to make sure that ALL of her daughters could be included in this (stupid and dangerous) family tradition.

I prefer to think that Jill was like, "no thanks, but y'all enjoy your cootie cocktail" but sadly, I doubt that's what happened.

Jill is estranged from JimBob. She said in a YT video that some of her siblngs are "supportive" of the slightly less fundie life she now leads, but some are not. I wonder if since this gathering contained everyone and some of the ones are not "supportive" then the decision was made to exclude her?

I have this awful feeling Joy is one of the "not supportive" siblings. Even though Jill, you know, raised her. But Joy seems to have quadrupled down on all things fundie ever since Evelyn was born. I think people like Jessa or Jana don't really care that much but Joy seems to be a true believer.

• Love 5

The thing that bothers me the most about this picture is Jenny. What is wrong with Michelle? Jenny's clothes are sloppy, she has on sandals in winter and those sandals are at least a size too small. It's just ridiculous. 

• Love 2

Josh the sister-molesting cheater gets invited when they are filming, and they just film around him. According to a reply Derick made on a post, they were not invited to that Fall family day thing at the big house. Jill might have been excluded from this too. Do you think it's Joy who is shunning her? We know Jessa doesn't care, and my bet is on Joy or Jana who is the most estranged from Jill. Anna occasionally comments on Jill's posts. I also wonder if Jinger is glad or sad to be so far away from it all.

• Love 7
Just now, Kellyee said:

Josh the sister-molesting cheater gets invited when they are filming, and they just film around him. According to a reply Derick made on a post, they were not invited to that Fall family day thing at the big house. Jill might have been excluded from this too. Do you think it's Joy who is shunning her?

My money would be on Joy. Both she and her husband belong to a questionable social media site, and, as noted above, she seems to have delved deeper into the Kool-Aid since her miscarriage. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Josh the sister-molesting cheater gets invited when they are filming, and they just film around him. According to a reply Derick made on a post, they were not invited to that Fall family day thing at the big house. Jill might have been excluded from this too. Do you think it's Joy who is shunning her? We know Jessa doesn't care, and my bet is on Joy or Jana who is the most estranged from Jill. Anna occasionally comments on Jill's posts. I also wonder if Jinger is glad or sad to be so far away from it all.

I have no reason to believe that any of the Duggarlings are *not* kool-aid drinkers until there's evidence to the contrary. Just because Jana wisely keeps. her mouth shut except to post inanities on SM and do the required talking heads, I think some people think she's harboring some secret rebellion. I think that's wishful thinking. Her silence leaves room for speculation but IMO  that's all it is -speculation. As for Joy, she's been married for a few years now to a hard-core fundie, and I'm sure she goes along with him on things, but having been reared in Duggar world, she's already inclined to think that way. Even if she had a "doubt" or two a few years ago. I was writing as @BitterApple was posting, and I agree with that.

Really the only Duggar kid who IMO isn't still marching along with the JB party line is Jill. I'm glad if some of her sibs are supportive - and I assume it's mostly expressed privately and not in front of the parents -  but not surprised she was shunned for that stupid superspreader event, if indeed she was.

• Love 12

I'm of two minds about this. If Jill's family can't be supportive of her making the best decisions for herself like using birth control, wearing pants, and sending Izzy to school, then it's better that she's not around that kind of negativity. 

On the other hand it's incredibly shitty of them to exclude her from situations where her life choices probably would not be an issue and making Christmas wreaths is one of those activities. For one, Lauren and Abbie are wearing what they want to wear and the Seewald sisters also don't really follow the Duggar rules. 

Also, Joy is being shitty by keeping her distance from the woman who actually raised her. You would think that the bond they have would be unbreakable. 

• Love 13

It would be nice to think one of the sisters, or Michelle, called her first to say they were filming and some pics may end up on SM, so she knows its not an event they're excluding her from.

But in reality, not filming was Jill's choice and some of our choices come with painful side effects.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

WowJessa looks so frumpy. I wonder if she is making herself look less attractive on purpose to discourage Ben because that's the only way she can control the baby train? 

Abby and Lauren look great.  Kendra is clean and put together as always.  

Poor Jennifer still looks like a waif in cast off clothing.  That is a thin summer dress.  Does the poor child not have anything warmer?  Couldn't Jana help her out? 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Or are they all giggling behind their hands because Jill gives them all a common scapegoat to gloat over? 

I wouldn't doubt it. I think that under all that Jesus-y "keeping sweet", these are some of the meanest people on earth.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10