Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Episode 2

AmandaPanda
  • Start Topic

That Trevor kid has to be one of the most repugnant child characters of all time.  Is the show implying infidelity and divorce creates children of divorce that have no choice but to be a-holes?

• Love 9

So it's not just Noah who thinks the guard has it in for him; it was in Helen's POV as well.

I thought it was odd that Vik has been renting Helen's basement and not living with her. Last season, he gave up a huge career opportunity in LA so that he could stay in NYC with her; you'd think they'd be a lot more serious by now. He's still as shifty as in his Tinder days, and even though he moved his cactus upstairs at the end, I still don't trust him.

Interesting that Helen is working as a realtor now. That store of hers must have been a money pit.

It's hilarious that Whitney is so critical of Noah, but she's shacking up with a guy who is a very similar kind of douchebag.

Is Alison ever the poor victim in her POV! I feel bad for Luisa. She had no idea she'd be in for so much baby mama drama when she married Cole.

4 hours ago, LydiaE said:

That Trevor kid has to be one of the most repugnant child characters of all time.  Is the show implying infidelity and divorce creates children of divorce that have no choice but to be a-holes?

Martin and Whitney were assholes long before the divorce.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9

What a pathetic soap-operatic info dump in Alison's segment!  So much for the story jumping around in time, they just gave us her entire three year experience in a two minute conversation at a bar! Let's just play this scenario for as much drama as possible; see how many breakdowns Alison can have.   And now we can sit and watch her spend the whole season recovering from the (off-screen) umpteenth implosion of her life, how exciting!

• Love 9

Is Alison ever the poor victim in her POV! I feel bad for Luisa. She had no idea she'd be in for so much baby mama drama when she married Cole.

This so much. I am so sick of Alison's "poor me" victim bullshit. That's why I've never been able to stand either her or Noah - he's a narcissistic tool and she's a selfish bitch who loves to play the victim.

I don't doubt Alison had some mini-breakdown regarding Joanie because of Gabriel's death. But in my opinion, that's convenient to make her somehow the victim while of course in her POV Cole is harsh and of course Luisa doesn't like her. However, despite all her blubbering and whimpering about being so scared Joanie would die on her watch (which I guess I should have been sympathetic about), I was waiting for the reason why it took her TWO damn years to tell Cole Joanie was his.  Still haven't gotten a reason for that yet. That she thought it was perfectly okay to lie about Joanie's paternity and deny Cole his child.

Then she has her breakdown, up and vanishes and acts like Cole and Luisa are the horrible people for telling her she can't see Joanie. This has always been my issue with Alison. There's all this focus on her pain and I'm supposed to sympathize and feel sorry for her but then I think of all the selfish shit she's done, not to mention she's not the only one who lost a child and I just can't buy into her victim shit. 

Vic and Helen is just all kinds of weird. Plus it's doomed because Helen is clearly still in love with Noah, for whatever reason. I will say I did laugh at the shot of Helen and Vic in the cab with the giant picture of a vagina between them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 20

Allison is truly awful.  She has this constant need to be the victim in every encounter she has with other people.  Why was she skulking around the school/daycare?  Why not show that you are taking positive steps and are ready to be a parent again by giving Cole/Luisa a call to let them know that you are coming back to town and would like to see Joanie.  Based on the phone call with the mysterious person it appeared that her plan was to try to speak with Cole for the first time in front of Joanie.  Who does that?  Why doesn't she understand that this process needed to be handled delicately given how quickly and abruptly she left.  I would feel for Allison if I thought that she actually was trying to be better but it honestly seems that her expectation in life is for everyone else to accommodate her.  I feel for Joanie and Luisa, I feel for Cole too but I need to see what he plans on doing because he needs to be firm with Allison.

• Love 9

I knew Fur Cat (no I will not spell it with a k) was going to be an ass but did he have to be a cartoon? Jonathan Cake can play better. And Vik is just...ugh. 

I am still really into this show, but the accident/trial make it difficult to accept some of the storylines. They could have told the police the truth or a variation of it and (somewhat) saved all their necks.  

• Love 3
On 11/22/2016 at 5:03 PM, chick binewski said:

I knew Fur Cat (no I will not spell it with a k) was going to be an ass but did he have to be a cartoon? Jonathan Cake can play better. And Vik is just...ugh. 

I am still really into this show, but the accident/trial make it difficult to accept some of the storylines. They could have told the police the truth or a variation of it and (somewhat) saved all their necks.  

Alison and Noah would have been fine if they'd told the truth from the beginning. Definitely Noah, who was not driving and wasn't the one who shoved Scotty into the road. So it's sort of ironic that he's the one who suffered the most for the crime. But Helen was definitely going to face some serious jail time if they'd confessed because she already had a DUI on her record, with her kids in the car. That would have been two strikes, coupled with Scotty being killed. At the least she might have gotten involuntary manslaughter, which is what Noah got.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

But Helen was definitely going to face some serious jail time if they'd confessed because she already had a DUI on her record, with her kids in the car. 

I keep forgetting about that DUI. I think I blocked my secondhand embarrassment for Helen & her foils.

• Love 5
On 11/21/2016 at 1:31 PM, LydiaE said:

The older daughter is a jerk too. I blame most of it on the way they were raised. 

Edited by HollyG
  • Love 4

It's frustrating to remember episode one and seeing Allison at the end of the episode looking well put together, tougher and with a new kid, thinking, "Wow, some major character development must go on here." Here we are three seasons later and she's still the same sad sack of insecurity that she's always been. I'm still glad to be clear of the, "who is the father," drama. I think it did such a disservice to Alison's pov and Ruth Wilson. They had to keep the guessing games going and because of that, Alison really stop being a character and more just a story engine. Hell, this episode kinda proves it. Alison went from equal importance to Noah to now where she's sharing an episode with Helen. 

I'm not quite sure about Oscar. I'm a little fuzzy on the end of season two but wasn't he swearing vengeance on Alison and Cole? Then again, stirring up a custody battle might be his way of doing that. 

I'm going to throw out a guess that Helen is the stabber from episode one. Maybe she misreads a signal from Noah and ends the relationship with Vic, assuming that Noah and her would get back together. Then he gets out, still wants nothing to do with her, and she catches him meeting Alison or hooking up with the French professor and loses it on him. I won't be surprised if the stabbing will be way different from Helen's pov, maybe some sort of a major drag-out fight between the two that Noah ignored. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 2

When Joanie was a baby she was a redhead, and she resembled Cole so much that Scotty immediately knew she was his, not Noah's child.  Now she has thick dark hair and looks like she could be Noah's, even though we know she isn't .  I've seen hair darken on young kids, but not change that radically between say one and four years old.  WTH?

• Love 11

It's the strangest thing that I continue to watch a show where I dislike the vast majority of the characters featured. I don't like Alison, Noah, Louisa, the kids .... and I tolerate Helen, Cole and Vic. 

Do they all have to be raging, self absorbed, smug bitches? Every last one of them of varying degrees. 

The Alison POV was awful this episode. Noah gets an entire episode of moping and hallucinations, Alison gets a huge info dump which tells us that absolutely nothing--NOTHING--has changed with her. 

• Love 12
On 11/21/2016 at 5:38 PM, ApathyMonger said:

There are still far too many annoying kids on the show though

Only the youngest daughter is tolerable but give her time...

10 hours ago, CocoaGoddess said:

I dislike the vast majority of the characters featured. I don't like Alison, Noah, Louisa, the kids .... and I tolerate Helen, Cole and Vic. 

Me too yet I like this show.  I enjoy the adult drama so I hope characters like Whitney will stay on the sidelines because there are enough shows about teenage/young 20's angst.

On 11/23/2016 at 8:58 AM, loki567 said:

I'm not quite sure about Oscar

He was a bit entertaining in the first few seasons because he is a shit stirrer but you would think Allison would learn not to confide in somebody like that. But then again we are talking about Allison.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:00 PM, chocolatine said:

Interesting that Helen is working as a realtor now

I'm glad she has found a way to support herself now I wish she could be happy by herself for awhile because her taste in men sucks. Helen reminds me of the Seinfeld "two face" character, some scenes she can look pretty and then in another shot she looks rough with what looks like a mustache. 

On 11/22/2016 at 11:24 AM, oceanblue said:

I'd love to see Luisa's POV

Me too. At first I kind of was upset with her for not letting Allison see her child, but then I thought about how she could see how messed up Cole was because of Allison and then having to take care of the little girl when Allison just disappeared and I didn't blame her for being over Allison's drama.

• Love 1

Me too. At first I kind of was upset with her for not letting Allison see her child, but then I thought about how she could see how messed up Cole was because of Allison and then having to take care of the little girl when Allison just disappeared and I didn't blame her for being over Allison's drama.

It really highlighted Alison's selfishness when Luisa laid out it flat - that they (she and Cole) just had to accept it when after two long damn years she finally thought it necessary to tell Cole Joanie was really his child and then despite her lying and selfishness, dictated joint custody, which they accepted too. Then she goes insane, skips out in the middle of the night and then shows up still feeling she has a right to her demands because she's Joanie's mother. 

• Love 6

It seems to me that the writers/producers have completely lost all hold on Allison as a recognizable character.  She seems to be used by them now not so much as a character but as a device to toss into the story when there needs to be chaos and disruption for anyone involved with her.  Allison had good reason to be a shut down, broken-down woman in the first season and I even sympathized with her - but in the intervening four years, one baby and one marriage (maybe?), she seems not to have moved in personal development one bit.  I thought the "it's when Joanie turned four" explanation for Allison breaking down again was ridiculous and ridiculously weak.  If you're panicked that your second child is going to die at four years old, you do what?  Run away?  I can't dislike her as much as I dislike Noah, because he is an a-hole to the bone;  Allison is more like an irritant that just disappears and reappears like toxic smoke.   There's no there there, at least not for me. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jrlr said:

It seems to me that the writers/producers have completely lost all hold on Allison as a recognizable character.  She seems to be used by them now not so much as a character but as a device to toss into the story when there needs to be chaos and disruption for anyone involved with her.  Allison had good reason to be a shut down, broken-down woman in the first season and I even sympathized with her - but in the intervening four years, one baby and one marriage (maybe?), she seems not to have moved in personal development one bit.  

Hard to argue with any of this, unless maybe being responsible for Scotty's death (and Noah's unjust incarceration) caused her to go into a tailspin? I don't know, that's all I got.

That said, I'll be a lone voice in the wilderness and say that I don't hate Noah or Helen. I understand both of them. I'm pretty sure if I hated most of the characters on this show I'd have abandoned it by now. And I haven't.

• Love 3

Classic Shakespearean plots, especially around the "who drove the car" issue.  Helen drove, but feared a lengthy prison sentence for her 2nd DUI.  Anticipate that this will eat at her in true Shakespeare fashion.  Alison shoved Scotty, but wanted to hide it for fear she would be accused of murder.  This just adds to her neuroses (the child, Cole's the daddy, the affair with Noah, drug courier) and WILL eat at her for the rest of her life (or as long as this series runs).  Clearly she will never remove the blood from her hands ("out out damn spot"...oh, the cursory reading of Shakespeare is bearing fruit!). Noah was the passenger, but did the manly-man thing and fell on his sword.  (note the cool English major images...clearly I benefited from my 2 visits to Princeton ;>). 

And the doctor?  oy!  he is just weird, as demonstrated by his choice of art...clearly a putz of the first class. 

Now, Whitney...ah, there's the rub.  She plays the role of truth-teller, albeit in a self-entitled, indestructible youth kind of way.  Her whining, yelling, aggravating demeanor puts the show right back on course.  Three cheers for Whitney! 

• Love 8
On 11/24/2016 at 10:27 PM, Armchair Critic said:
  On 11/21/2016 at 2:38 PM, ApathyMonger said:

There are still far too many annoying kids on the show though

This is an aggressive trend on TV. Made me stop watching about four shows last season. Affair is coming close to losing me with the shithead kids. Other reasons as well but that one just grates.

• Love 8

Episodes without Noah > episodes with Noah.

Cole and Luisa look smokin' hot. The nerve of Alison to jerk around that poor little girl and then play the victim.

Someone needs run over Trevor, Martin, and Whitney with a car. Push Stacey under too, just to be safe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Helen to Noah:  "Trevor's in a play... The Tempest, set in Cuba, so it's half in Spanish with samba music."  Did that give anyone else pause, since samba is Brazilian, not Cuban? Or was it supposed to be wrong like that, on purpose? I couldn't tell. Took me way out of the scene, though. 

I think the fact that Alison spent 6 months in a mental institution proves that Alison has been mentally ill since the death of her son, and this is why she acts the way that she does. It makes her character unlikable to a lot of people, unfortunately. I also think her previous behavior of being hypersexual also contributes to her state of mind at the time in which she was acting out. In other words, if she had been in her right mind, she  wouldn't have considered to having an affair with Noah in the first place. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I think the fact that Alison spent 6 months in a mental institution proves that Alison has been mentally ill since the death of her son, and this is why she acts the way that she does. It makes her character unlikable to a lot of people, unfortunately. I also think her previous behavior of being hypersexual also contributes to her state of mind at the time in which she was acting out. In other words, if she had been in her right mind, she wouldn't have considered to having an affair with Noah in the first place.

Agreed. I think that Alison needed that time away, in order to try to get some sense of stability in her emotional and mental life. She has to find a way to be responsible for her own life (and Joanie's life), especially with Noah being in jail and Cole moving on with Luisa.

I don't think that she made the right choice in just showing up at the home of Luisa and Cole, expecting them to welcome her with open arms, because she's the mom of Joanie, but unfortunately that's a trait of Alison's that she needs to acknowledge is wrong. 

Has Alison ever been on her own, without Cole or Noah being the focus of her life?

Maybe I'm not remembering all of season two, but she went from being married to Cole, to being the mistress and new woman in Noah's life. I know that we're dealing with numerous years passing in season two, but I just don't recall seeing Alison being on her own.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

Episodes without Noah > episodes with Noah.

Cole and Luisa look smokin' hot. The nerve of Alison to jerk around that poor little girl and then play the victim.

Someone needs run over Trevor, Martin, and Whitney with a car. Push Stacey under too, just to be safe.

I'm not bothered by how rotten Helen and Noah's children are and how they behave. They were raised by a selfish and narcissistic man and a woman, who let him treat her like crap. Those kids are angry and they're lashing out towards their parents. Especially in how Whitney has chosen to be with a middle-aged, narcissistic artist as his "girlfriend and assistant". Helen saw it. The moment that she walked into that loft, saw that man and his art on his walls, she knew that Whitney chose this guy as a means to hurt her.

Noah's wishes to have Helen bring and ultimately make his children want to see him, while he's in prison, just shows how little he understands his role in why his kids don't want to have anything to do with him anymore AND that he expected Helen to show her gratitude by trying to get the kids to visit him. This is much more than them not knowing that he took the prison wrap for their mother and her being drunk and driving the vehicle. They witnessed how their father destroyed their family. Yes, their family life was a mess, but it was their life and their father chose to move on with someone else and have another child with that person. They see that as a rejection by him towards them and it's not the sole responsibility for Helen to try and fix it. Like she used to do in the past when they were married.

I wish that Helen could get over her feelings for Noah, because she's grateful for his sacrifice, but he didn't do it because he's still in love with her. He did it for his kids and for his love for Alison. How many times does Noah's love and obsession with Alison have to be thrown in her face, before she truly gets it?

• Love 9

As I see it, what Helen feels towards Noah is guilt, mixed with gratefulness, and worry, but she's not pining for him.

Because in both prison scenes (Noah's and Helen's points of view), the scene ends with Noah asking Helen not to come again, I'm going to assume it's the same scene viewed by two narrators. So my take is that:

- Noah thinks Helen still wants them to get back together (of course, Noah sees any female as wanting him!), Helen thinks Noah only wants to see the kids - kids that Noah didn't give much thought to in his version

- Helen looks much better in her recollection that in Noah's

- and conversely, Noah looks like shit in Helen's recollection, physically battered, evasive, fearful, which explains her concerns about his situation. While Noah thought he looked normal

- in Helen's, there is not a huge barrier between prisoner and visitor, but the guard is a looming presence; in Noah's, there is a glass between them and no guard around (unless I'm misremembering)

I may think of some more, but these were the first that come to mind.

So from my perspective, despite what Noah thinks, Helen does not want him back with her, though she hopes he stays in her life and mostly in her kids' life. She understandably feels bad that he's paying for her crime and wishes she could help him in turn, so as to repay part of her debt to him .

As for Alison, she's the definition of an emotional panhandler. And I couldn't help but think that, if Noah was the narrator for her scenes, she would have looked much less frumpy and much more driven, cunning, provocative, take-charge, etc.

Has Cole become much thinner since last season, or am I remembering?

I love Whitney! And thought Furkat was a hoot.

I don't really mind Vik.

Luisa speaks for me :)

You guys are a tough crowd, I'm really enjoying watching all the very flawed people manoeuvre in their life and more often that not take the wrong path :)   

Edited by NutMeg
  • Love 11

I'm still hate watching this show after three seasons. It has its moments of being a decent show, but for the most part is just another garbage TV show riddled with cliched characters (the French professor, the "artiste," the tortured writer, the shitty kids) and played-out soap opera tropes (affairs, murder, baby daddy/mommy drama, drug muling) that I'm supposed to find high brow because it unfolds through the lens of everyone's differing "points of view."  The latter conceit could very well be dispensed with and I'd still be left hating all these characters and their morose lives. 

What's the matter with Cole that he couldn't figure out Allison went off the deep end right around Gabriel's anniversary? And what's the matter with Allison, a former nurse, who, after Joanie having a baby with a spiking fever after 10 days, and "not getting any better," didn't think maybe a visit to the ER might be in order? Instead her plan was to drop off a sick baby to the baby daddy and his new wife and sign over all rights to custody? Whatever, show. I also laughed at the bar scene -- not only for its ridiculous exposition of Allison's backstory -- but mostly because that bartender took forever to mix a simple screwdriver and pour a glass of orange juice when there were only two customers at his bar. 

Back to Cole. I thought it was a bitch move for him to stand behind Luisa while she read Allison the riot act. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Luisa's life has been inconvenienced, but a.) she still ain't the kid's mother; and b.) that was Cole's bus to drive. 

And dear god, what has become of you barely recognizable Brendan Fraser? I weep. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

And what's the matter with Allison, a former nurse, who, after Joanie having a baby with a spiking fever after 10 days, and "not getting any better," didn't think maybe a visit to the ER might be in order? Instead her plan was to drop off a sick baby to the baby daddy and his new wife and sign over all rights to custody?

I guess we're supposed to think she wasn't in her right mind, but honestly, NO ONE would sit at home with a feverish baby for that long without calling a doctor, going to the ER, something.  She may have been right - if she hadn't given up the baby to Cole and Luisa, Joanie could have died.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, vixenbynight said:

Those kids are angry and they're lashing out towards their parents. Especially in how Whitney has chosen to be with a middle-aged, narcissistic artist as his "girlfriend and assistant". Helen saw it. The moment that she walked into that loft, saw that man and his art on his walls, she knew that Whitney chose this guy as a means to hurt her.

It makes so much sense for Whitney to be with someone like Furkat. She gets to horrify her mother, and be with a father figure at the same time. And naturally, she ended up choosing someone just like the actual father she's rejecting - a rancid, pretentious asshole with a thing for younger women.

That said, as much as Furkat is disgusting, Whitney is actually doing better than I would have expected. She's doing work that will actually benefit her career, and she seems to have grown up a lot since we last saw her (even though she clearly has a long way to go).

If only she had dropped out of school before Helen paid her tuition.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I think the fact that Alison spent 6 months in a mental institution proves that Alison has been mentally ill since the death of her son, and this is why she acts the way that she does. It makes her character unlikable to a lot of people, unfortunately. I also think her previous behavior of being hypersexual also contributes to her state of mind at the time in which she was acting out. In other words, if she had been in her right mind, she  wouldn't have considered to having an affair with Noah in the first place. 

This. I don't think Alison carries herself as a perpetual victim as much as a completely unmoored ball of despair. Going back to prior seasons (even in Alison's very favorable depictions of Noah), Noah merely used the loss of a child to make Alison seem more romantic in some way and to claim her grief caused her to come at him in a way that was impossible to refuse (erections are hard, y'all!). But he never truly incorporated her loss into any kind of support. And although Cole was present when his son went in the water, I think it's clear everyone blames Alison.   

I also side-eyed the Oscar scene. He's such an oily douche and Alison's narrative is so unreliable. It kind of crystallized why I think I'm going to have a problem with this season; with the time jumps & lack of counterpoint I'm questioning everything.

• Love 5

And although Cole was present when his son went in the water, I think it's clear everyone blames Alison.   

I disagree with that. The only person who seemed to be blame Alison for Gabriel's death was Cole's mother who as we saw in the second season, was an awful person, as much as her son Scotty, which is why Cole cut them off.  Alison blamed herself for Gabriel's death and blamed Cole too, just like Cole blamed himself and in turn Alison. Which is exactly why there was a massive emotional wall between them and their marriage was basically nonexistent by the time Alison met Noah. 

I am a bit confused about Alison's institution stay and the six months. Did she drop Joanie off and just stayed in the institution for six months? Or did she go there, get out and disappear for an additional six months? The reason I ask is because clearly, Cole knew she was in an institution because that's apparently where she signed the papers giving him full custody of Joanie, per what she told Oscar. However, Cole's anger when she came to the Lobster Roll was over the fact that she just vanished for six months without so much as a phone call once. So which is it?

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Bcharmer said:

Helen to Noah:  "Trevor's in a play... The Tempest, set in Cuba, so it's half in Spanish with samba music."  Did that give anyone else pause, since samba is Brazilian, not Cuban? Or was it supposed to be wrong like that, on purpose? I couldn't tell. Took me way out of the scene, though. 

It didn't give me as much pause as a scene that was "one year ago", has Helen mentioning the "dickhead dad that voted for Trump". That was a headscratcher...

And while Oscar's motives are unclear, it was refreshing to have someone point out the obvious to Allison: "You just need a good lawyer." I was worried the custody/visitation thing was going to become this unbelievable farce we would be dealing with all season. Even if she did sign over custody a) it can be changed and b) that does not preclude her seeing her daughter.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Because in both prison scenes (Noah's and Helen's points of view), the scene ends with Noah asking Helen not to come again, I'm going to assume it's the same scene viewed by two narrators. So my take is that:

I thought they were two different prison visits.  The one from Noah's POV being when he first arrived and the one from Helen's POV after he had been in prison for awhile.  Because in Noah's POV he asks where the kids were and she said she had to visit first to make sure it was safe for them there.  In Helen's POV, Noah asks why the kids never visit whether it's a Tuesday or a Saturday and that there are many kids in the visiting room.   

I was totally expecting that Cherry would be the one to show up with Joni at Alison's.  I'm interested to see if they show Alison's return from Cole's POV as well. I have a feeling that it wasn't just Luisa lecturing Alison with Cole standing behind her.  I think Cole had some choice words for Alison as well.  Alison tends to forget when men give her the business, like when Noah went off on her after she told him he wasn't Joni's father.

• Love 5
On 11/23/2016 at 9:32 AM, jrlr said:

When Joanie was a baby she was a redhead, and she resembled Cole so much that Scotty immediately knew she was his, not Noah's child.  Now she has thick dark hair and looks like she could be Noah's, even though we know she isn't .  I've seen hair darken on young kids, but not change that radically between say one and four years old.  WTH?

My daughter's hair went from black at birth to light blonde by  4.  So, not so strange.

Was it the same prison visit as in the previous episode?

I thought Luisa came off as a jerk.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I thought they were two different prison visits.  The one from Noah's POV being when he first arrived and the one from Helen's POV after he had been in prison for awhile.  Because in Noah's POV he asks where the kids were and she said she had to visit first to make sure it was safe for them there.  In Helen's POV, Noah asks why the kids never visit whether it's a Tuesday or a Saturday and that there are many kids in the visiting room.   

I was totally expecting that Cherry would be the one to show up with Joni at Alison's.  I'm interested to see if they show Alison's return from Cole's POV as well. I have a feeling that it wasn't just Luisa lecturing Alison with Cole standing behind her.  I think Cole had some choice words for Alison as well.  Alison tends to forget when men give her the business, like when Noah went off on her after she told him he wasn't Joni's father.

Good point about the two different prison visits, I must have missed that she said she had to visit first to make sure it was safe. 

• Love 1

I've been lurking for a long time but ... I still ship Alison and Cole and the ending with Cole dropping off Joanie for a visit gave me hope. I haven't 'shipped a couple on TV for that long but these two people were married. They have a child together. Cole loves Alison. I think underneath it all Alison still loves Cole. So can't we just fast forward to their happy ending? They're as close to a rootable couple on TV as it gets, so I'm going with them. 

• Love 6
On 11/22/2016 at 4:29 PM, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah, that's why I was pissed when she was revealed to be the one who hit Scotty because it means she's a bonafide criminal now. Two DUI's and the second ends with someone dead. Yeah, not good.

She was a "bonafide criminal" after the fist DWI.  It's a crime--not a hobby.  Doing it makes her a criminal, even if that's not all she is.

21 hours ago, NutMeg said:

I don't really mind Vik.

Luisa speaks for me :)

I also like and enjoy Vik and Luisa. Both Helen and Cole have been put through the wringer by the longterm affair between Noah, Alison and that resulting in the blowup of their marriages and lives.

Those two having the chance to make it through that destruction, sane, whole, on their two feet and finding other people that care for them, love them and express that they want to be with them is something that I'm glad to see.

For me, I was glad to see that the writers were willing to focus on the opposite side of the epic and overpowering love story between Noah and Alison.

Now, we get to see if that love is strong enough to get those two back into each other's lives after Noah going to prison, Alison's breakdown and her fight to gain back joint-custody of Joanie, her child with Cole. 

Also, another point to think about: Would Cole really be fine with having Noah helping to raise his child with Alison? The man that admitted in court that he killed his brother?

Edited by vixenbynight
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, car54 said:

::I did!::   I felt like the daughter was much improved for being with Furkat.

Furkat seems just the kind of douchebag Whitney needs to learn about, so she can grow the fuck up and find out why you move past attractive sleazebags.  I think Helen's biggest problem is that she married her Furkat - she should give her daughter the chance to avoid this.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Goodness, Brendan Fraser looked awful.

Mrs. Pootel and I actually had to pause and google to be sure it was him.  

Quoth Mrs. Pootel: "Well, I'm pretty sure if they make another Mummy movie, the mummy is totally gonna win."

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 6