Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Call It Like I See It

• Start Topic

I mean.. yeah these people act like they are 21 year olds. Even The Hills wasn't this bad and they were way younger than most of these cast members are and god that show looks like a show of mature adults. 

Granted though, I dislike Lala and James so much and their apologies are so fake. 

So I guess this is when Stassi and Patrick broke up "for real". Another thing that makes me question the maturity level of these people, only because Patrick was as Stassi put it "so mature and adult" but yet they were always BREAKING UP, not really the stance of a healthy mature relationship.

Oh Schwartz, like Vanderpump producers aren't paying for your wedding.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Honestly, ever since this shitty election ended, I'm looking for dumb crap to watch -- so I don't have to watch news or CNN or MSNBC.  But I don't know what it is about this show now, I just can't get thru more than 5 minutes without wanting to turn it off.  Schwartz's ass steaks joke was just so stupid.  And I'm still not getting what Stassi is doing there.  Can she or Kristen break the 4th wall and mention how they earn a living (mostly from Bravo dough they get from being on the show)?  Will Stassi ever mention her podcast?  I don't even care.  The shark has jumped.

• Love 3

Hearing about Stassi and her podcast actually seems more entertaining than what she actually does on this show. If they did a show about that, I would watch. That would be a better show than this if you ask me. She interviews  legit celebrities and her having to travel constantly for the podcast. I wish she could show more of that but I guess it breaks the 4th wall too much and the show isn't willing to go there.

• Love 3

Sandoval, what are you doing to your hair? Now a French braid?! We promise not to make fun of your flat iron anymore.

Oh, poor Scheana. I think she'll need the cameraman to pull the video to prove that she was telling Lala that she WON'T accept her apology because she called Katie fat. I'm with Tom that the mean girl clique look isn't good on Katie. I suppose if you're getting married, that automatically makes you clique HBIC. If there are no impending nuptials, then the next closest birthday takes the scepter.

And, guys, James seriously thinks everyone is jealous of his life. 

I can't even with this show.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 12

How different the two dinners were. Bridesmaids vs. groomsmen. How is Brittany a bridesmaid now? That was quick. I don't even want to discuss Schwartz's retaliation. How old are these dudes? All I will say is - Jax spent a little too long looking at those pictures. 

Katie is really riding my last nerve this season. I get why she doesn't want to be friends with Lala. I actually appreciate her not engaging in the BS make-up shit. I really hate that. But what I hate even more is - telling other people who they can and can't be friends with. No, not even be friends with - who they can and can't talk to. Lala works with them; it's not the end of the world if Scheana talks to her for a minute. Everything Scheana has said or done shows me that she has Katie's back, so why does Katie need to be so paranoid. I think that girl is incredibly insecure and that's why she holds her friends, and fiance, to such high standards. It's annoying. 

I was so glad to see Shay!!! I love him. He looked really healthy too. Good for him. 

I was disgusted by Jax and Peter commenting on the lack of an ass on Scheana. Maybe her ass went to the same place your former nose went to die, Jax. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

The friendship dynamics on this show are so juvenile. But then I feel like that is an insult to juveniles.  

My 8-year-old has less "you're not my friend anymore" fights than these people. And he's had 2 already this week. 

10 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Who the hell would want a monogrammed tea towel with anyone's wedding date on it?

What the fuck even IS a tea towel? A towel you serve tea on? Who serves tea on a regular basis? Besides Lisa?

• Love 9
On November 17, 2016 at 4:11 PM, teapot said:

um, Katie?  after Stassi "scrutinized your loyalty after spotting you with Scheana"  you should know better.

She really is awful and not very attractive, either. I wish better for Tom because she and her bitches are obviously in the fifth grade still.

• Love 8

Katie's evolution from Stassi sidekick to the confident, stand-up-for-herself gal was interesting.  But this is not.  Stassi was a much more enjoyable dictator.  This behavior is absolutely stupid.

Loved that Stassi just thinks of Jax as a big ape with a really cool girlfriend!  Ha!

• Love 9

Katie has always been a stealth bitch.  I think her undercover bitchiness was just overshadowed by Stassi's overt bitchiness and Kristin's insanity.  Now the show has put a spotlight on it for everybody to see.  That's a shame, too, because I do honestly think that Schwartz is a pretty nice guy.  (Oh, and I totally LOLed at his ass-steaks prank.  Yes, I'm 12.)  

I think the only actual "nice" and genuine female cast member at the moment is Brittany. But if she continues to spend more time with these terrible people, I doubt that will be true much longer.  Katie asking her to be in her wedding party was ridiculous though.  Katie went around the table, saying something nice/meaningful about why she was asking each person to be in the party.  Then she got to Brittany... "Brittany, you're.... new." LOL  I mean, she might as well have just said "You're new to the cast and I'm obligated to include you..."  

Ariana, while she's certainly got her faults, at least was not pretending to suck up to Katie in order to be in the wedding party.  I like how she was chill and responded with "I'll be a part of the wedding any way you want me to be." 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Hearing about Stassi and her podcast actually seems more entertaining than what she actually does on this show. If they did a show about that, I would watch. That would be a better show than this if you ask me. She interviews  legit celebrities and her having to travel constantly for the podcast. I wish she could show more of that but I guess it breaks the 4th wall too much and the show isn't willing to go there

Wow, you would never know from this show that Stassi actually has a life. We're all tired of watching her lick Katies ass and cry for forgiveness. She is being portrayed as the only single loser in a group of happy couples. Oh, poor, sad Stassi. Her talking heads aren't sharp and funny anymore, she doesn't even work at SUR so there's no interaction with anyone at the work place. What was the purpose of having her come back?

Tom and Katies "new" apartment looks dirty and gross. In fact, both Tom and Katie look dirty and gross this season. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
Just now, bichonblitz said:

Wow, you would never know from this show that Stassi actually has a life. We're all tired of watching her lick Katies ass and cry for forgiveness. She is being portrayed as the only single loser in a group of happy couples. Oh, poor, sad Stassi. Her talking heads aren't sharp and funny anymore, she doesn't even work at SUR so there's no interaction with anyone at the work place. What was the purpose of having her come back?

Tom and Katies new apartment looks dirty and gross. 

Yup, she does actually do things. She's interviewed Rachel Zoe, Emma Roberts, and Kristen Chenoweth to name a few. And she has to travel to go to ny to do upfronts and get sponsors I think. It's much more interesting then watching her beg to be in a wedding and cry about Patrick. On her podcast she is actually really funny. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Ariana, while she's certainly got her faults, at least was not pretending to suck up to Katie in order to be in the wedding party.  I like how she was chill and responded with "I'll be a part of the wedding any way you want me to be." 

I did like that, but her newfound friendship with LaLa is so weird to me. She was acting all superior to everyone last season because she's "intelligent" and she doesn't have time for stupid, party people. Yet...LaLa is probably one of the dumbest bitches on this show. It does not compute. 

10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Tom and Katies "new" apartment looks dirty and gross. In fact, both Tom and Katie look dirty and gross this season. 

Is it just me, or does it not seem any bigger than the last place? Tom was talking about how they finally have room to have people over, but I didn't think their last place looked terribly small, considering. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I did like that, but her newfound friendship with LaLa is so weird to me. She was acting all superior to everyone last season because she's "intelligent" and she doesn't have time for stupid, party people. Yet...LaLa is probably one of the dumbest bitches on this show. It does not compute. 

Is it just me, or does it not seem any bigger than the last place? Tom was talking about how they finally have room to have people over, but I didn't think their last place looked terribly small, considering. 

I certainly see where Lala has demonstrated that she can be skanky, rude, classless, and shady.  (which, hey, sure those reasons alone are enough to question their "friendship"!) But I don't see her as any dumber than most of these "ladies" on the show.  But perhaps I'm forgetting something particularly dumb that she has done.  

• Love 6

I feel as if Katie has started to believe her own hype a bit. She's kind of too big for her britches this season, and it's grating. Also, even the idea of paying $2700 for wedding invitations makes me cringe. Also also, TEA TOWELS? If I received a tea towel with an invitation printed on it, it would be relegated immediately to the bag of scraps I reach for when the cat pukes.

Lala makes me all conflicted. I like that she seems to acknowledge that she's kind of a hosebeast; I don't like that she seems as if she's the type of person to immediately, instinctively suss out your weakest point and head there without preamble. For these people, appearance is probably everything; and she went straight for the fat comments in the first freaking episode. Slow your roll, Maleficent.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I certainly see where Lala has demonstrated that she can be skanky, rude, classless, and shady.  (which, hey, sure those reasons alone are enough to question their "friendship"!) But I don't see her as any dumber than most of these "ladies" on the show.  But perhaps I'm forgetting something particularly dumb that she has done.  

I don't know, whenever I think of Lala, I always think her discussing Ayn Rand:

dfccbd20-d9ce-0133-bd88-0a236b01d063.gif

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

What the fuck even IS a tea towel? A towel you serve tea on? Who serves tea on a regular basis? Besides Lisa?

I drink tea daily and I had to google.  Looks like tea towels are given that name because you use them to dry your fine tea sets, after washing by hand.  Huff Post pointed out that fancy rich people wanted to wash the tea sets themselves, rather than having the staff do it, since the china is so delicate. 

The thing is, I have some tea towels and I hate them - they are not absorbent at all, so I don't like to use them for drying anything.  I actually put them under my cat's bowls to protect the floor.

As far as Stassi goes, I feel like Lisa doesn't like her anymore, so she wants her to look like a loser on the show.  I have listened to Stassi's podcast and I have found a few of them entertaining.  I really don't like when she interviews her friends, especially Kristina Kelly.  Or when she just chats with her best friend Sheena (not the Sheena on the show).  Who wants to listen to that?  I also get annoyed that she calls her listeners "Khalisis."  I don't know why but I think it is kind of dumb. 

I also sometimes listen to Brandi Glanville's podcast, and Lala was on recently.  I didn't hate it, she came off fairly well.  Better than she does on that show.  Unfortunately she is one of those people (like Brandi) who says mean or cruel stuff, and defends it as just "telling the truth."  Unspoken social contracts exist because not everyone wants the "TRUTH" blurted out all the time.  And is it always the "truth," or is it that person's opinion?  It is generally polite to not call someone fat to their face, even if you think they have gained some weight.  Unless you want to be known as an asshole.

• Love 10

Well, this episode was certainly rich with snarky gold.

First, $2700 for wedding invitations is fucking ridiculous.  Especially when the bride is a server at SUR and the groom . . . is Schwartz.  Still love Schwartzie though.  And a tea towel?  Unless your wedding has a theme of afternoon tea, WTF?   Nobody but the bride and groom and maybe their parents really want anything with the couple's names and date on it.  

Schwartz' ass steaks were hilarious, I have to say.  Jax and Flat Iron totally deserved that - - if for nothing else than their respective sweatiness and that crazy french braid situation.  Last season the Nugget was doing weird braidy things to her hair; I guess it's Flat Iron's turn.  He looks ridic. 

Katie asking Brittany to be a bridesmaid is a total set up and probably contractual requirement since Bravo is paying for the wedding.  Not asking the Nugget because the Nugget is actually (gasp!) nice to Lala is clearly par for the course with this group. 

So now they are going to blacklist Scheana because Scheana has the nerve - - THE NERVE! - - to be polite to Lala while at work.  Scheana, you're such a bitch.  

I thought Tequila Katie was pretty bad but Bridezilla Katie is far worse.  She certainly likes to be the HBIC.  And I'm sorry but I hate that leopard spot tattoo she has on her wrist.  

Something must be in the air because my cold black heart of goo actually felt sorry for StASSi when she was mentioning being the only one in the group not in a relationship.  I feel you, girl.  However, if these tools are your only options, rejoice in that fact. 

DJ Muppet Baby is severely delusional.  I need to meet the people who are actually jealous of him because I would assume such people are urban legends.  What is there to be jealous of?  He spins tunes at SUR.  He lives on a futon in the corner of someone's apartment.  He used to date Kristen.  Somebody stop me.

Carter seems refreshingly normal so clearly there is some hidden defect or secret.

I love the editing monkeys cutting between Muppet Baby's description of Schwartz' and Katie's party to Lala and the actual party.  Freaking hilarious.

The Nugget and Flat Iron seem like the most emo, moody people ever.  Kristen must have gotten custody of the flat iron in the split. 

For Flat Iron

hqdefault.jpg

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't know, whenever I think of Lala, I always think her discussing Ayn Rand:

dfccbd20-d9ce-0133-bd88-0a236b01d063.gif

LOL!  Hey like I said, I knew I could have been forgetting something dumb she said!  This is gold, Jerry, GOLD!

That saaaaaiiid...... of course I'm sure if we played back the first 3 seasons we could find dumb-ass things that they've ALL said along the way. 

I guess the point I was trying to make (not very eloquently) is that I don't think any of them are going to be winning any Rhodes scholarships anytime soon.  Oh, except Ariana.  Because she is smarter than everybody I know.  Errr, I mean, everybody she knows.  Or whatever.  She iz smrt, OK!?

• Love 7

I couldn't tell if Tom's & Katie's new place is bigger than the other one.  Looked about the same to me.  The kitchen seemed small & unimpressive.  Clearly, they're both pigs.  The place looked like a dump cuz they don't keep it well.  It looked average otherwise.  Maybe it's in a "better" location?

Schwartz gave me a giggle when he brought up pre-nups.  What's he afraid Katie is gonna get her mitts on?  His ass steaks?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

LOL!  Hey like I said, I knew I could have been forgetting something dumb she said!  This is gold, Jerry, GOLD!

That saaaaaiiid...... of course I'm sure if we played back the first 3 seasons we could find dumb-ass things that they've ALL said along the way. 

I guess the point I was trying to make (not very eloquently) is that I don't think any of them are going to be winning any Rhodes scholarships anytime soon.  Oh, except Ariana.  Because she is smarter than everybody I know.  Errr, I mean, everybody she knows.  Or whatever.  She iz smrt, OK!?

Well, Sandoval knows enough to cite Titus Andronicus, so...

On the other hand, his hair...

Also, Katie has yet to make a good decision about her hair.  Color and cut all wrong; Stassi and Kristen not nearly as pretty, but so much more polished looking.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

And I'm sorry but I hate that leopard spot tattoo she has on her wrist.  

It's so bad it makes me laugh every time I see it. Scheana's "It's All Happening" is a close second for worst cast tattoo.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Well, I said "one of". Clearly none of them are particularly bright. My point was, Ariana shunned the other girls for not being her caliber of person last season, but LaLa is? I just don't get it. I think Ariana actually LIKES being friends with those she feels superior to. But, at the same time, she doesn't want to share. She and Scheana got along famously until Scheana started branching out. LaLa is on the outs with everyone and she's just some ditzy, party girl. So Ariana can hang with her and look good. 

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

DJ Muppet Baby is severely delusional.  I need to meet the people who are actually jealous of him because I would assume such people are urban legends.  What is there to be jealous of?  He spins tunes at SUR.  He lives on a futon in the corner of someone's apartment.  He used to date Kristen.  Somebody stop me.

But...but...but...he'll soon be spinning tracks from the SUR airplane above the streets of LA. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

As far as Stassi goes, I feel like Lisa doesn't like her anymore, so she wants her to look like a loser on the show.  I have listened to Stassi's podcast and I have found a few of them entertaining.  I really don't like when she interviews her friends, especially Kristina Kelly.  Or when she just chats with her best friend Sheena (not the Sheena on the show).  Who wants to listen to that?  I also get annoyed that she calls her listeners "Khalisis."  I don't know why but I think it is kind of dumb. 

Love her podcast!  It's funny (and what makes the world go 'round, different people like different things!) because I like it better when she just talks to her friends as opposed to a formal interview.  (I may change my mind, as I adore both Emma and Rachel Z and haven't listened to those yet)

I was saying to my friend, "I like it because it sounds like us talking, like if we had a podcast we'd just be like, 'oh, so I went to Sephora and they didn't have the palette I wanted and then...'

1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I couldn't tell if Tom's & Katie's new place is bigger than the other one.  Looked about the same to me.  The kitchen seemed small & unimpressive.  Clearly, they're both pigs.  The place looked like a dump cuz they don't keep it well.  It looked average otherwise.  Maybe it's in a "better" location?

Schwartz gave me a giggle when he brought up pre-nups.  What's he afraid Katie is gonna get her mitts on?  His ass steaks?

Yeah, that "industrial" bedroom . . . say what now?  Someone upthread mentioned a dorm room.  Truth.  I see Bed Bath & Beyond/Ikea sale sheets for back to school that look very much like their bedroom.   They need StASSi to head to Home Depot and fix this shit for them. 

I think Schwartzie is afraid Katie will take his Bravo earnings.  Or his pot brownies. 

1 hour ago, SFoster21 said:

Also, Katie has yet to make a good decision about her hair.  Color and cut all wrong; Stassi and Kristen not nearly as pretty, but so much more polished looking.

I am with you there.  Not feeling Katie's hair this season (although Flat Iron gets the award for the worst.)  The bangs are too choppy (no bangs, Katie) and her hair is too dark. She needs to go with a pretty caramel shade.  And flip the bitch switch to off. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SFoster21 said:

Katie truly looked the best in season 1 when she had that short hair that was a chocolate brown color.  I feel like Katie has the goods, but should ask Stassi (who I think usually looks impeccably put together) to style her.  I actually think all of these ladies look better without their extensions in; I think that's why Scheana's hair looks so much better this season.

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh yeah, outside of maybe Stassi, I'm surprised any of these chucklefucks can walk and chew gum at the same time.  And yet, I am entertained by every single one of them.

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Carter seems refreshingly normal so clearly there is some hidden defect or secret.

I kind of hate myself for this (not really; I'm a garbage person when it comes to reality tv) but anytime I see Carter on Kristen's snapchat, he seems like a barely functioning alcoholic.  Having said that, that might be a dating requirement for Kristen.

ETA - I almost forgot the worst thing about Katie and Schwartz's apartment.  It was actually styled for them by an online DIY blogger.  The only thing I like about it is the color of that dark green wall.  The whole thing looks so...low rent, when I'm sure they're making pretty good cash.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 5

I like Katie.  My take is that she is learning how to be a strong independent person with a voice of her own - and not, let's say, Stassi's.  I like this about her.  Unfortunately, I don't think she's found the balance yet and it's not a good look.  I like to think she'll get there.  I think being an assistant to Lisa is a great start and I hope it continues beyond the show.  I also hope she finds the line between being a strong person and being a bossy and controlling wife.  Meanwhile, Tom needs to learn to hold his own too. 

I think marriage at the age - or frame of mind - that they're at is premature.  They haven't fully developed as individuals - something I think is important for most before making a life-long commitment.  Katie forced it, but Tom let her.  Let's hope I'm wrong and it is a positive thing for them.  Not banking on it, though.  They'll have a longer shelf life than Scheana and Shay but life-long is up in the air.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Yeah, that "industrial" bedroom . . . say what now?  Someone upthread mentioned a dorm room.  Truth.  I see Bed Bath & Beyond/Ikea sale sheets for back to school that look very much like their bedroom.   They need StASSi to head to Home Depot and fix this shit for them. 

With a dash of the Clearance Bin from Joann's Fabrics...

So is this the real Katie or is the Katie that is trying really hard to prove to herself that she isn't the ass kissing pushover she once was when she was once known simply as Stassi's 'lapdog'? Is this her still trying to figure things out or has the resurgence of their friends circle with her seemingly at the centre of it now gone to her head? 

She's behaving absolutely vile and that's saying something when you can come across that poorly while in an argument with Lala of all people. Katie can dish it but can't take it. She has a petty and juvenile attitude that labels people based purely on association and not on merit. When she was getting close with Scheana, she felt insulted and couldn't understand why Stassi was so upset with her but apparently her own experiences haven't really taught her anything because she's now flipped the tables - the victim has now become the bully - exhibiting the same behaviours that she once whined about being unfair when it was happening to her. Schwartz, you're sweet but far too much of a pushover. Good luck to you buddy. 

I can't stand Jax. I really can't. For someone with his track record of infidelity and lies, it really does boggle my mind how he continues to have the same friends that he has taken turn after turn betraying. And even more outrageous, he truly feels insulted that people don't believe him - as if he has the world's worst short term memory that all of those past lies just manage to escape his memory.

How dense are these people that they have yet to realize that the very things they're holding against Lala and calling her names about are the exact same things that their good friends Kristen and Jax are guilty of...with each other! What is wrong with their memory? How old are all these people supposed to be? ugh, these people are exactly what trash tv is all about - train wrecks that you can't believe can be true but you can't look away! haha

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

So is this the real Katie or is the Katie that is trying really hard to prove to herself that she isn't the ass kissing pushover she once was when she was once known simply as Stassi's 'lapdog'? Is this her still trying to figure things out or has the resurgence of their friends circle with her seemingly at the centre of it now gone to her head? 

She's behaving absolutely vile and that's saying something when you can come across that poorly while in an argument with Lala of all people. Katie can dish it but can't take it. She has a petty and juvenile attitude that labels people based purely on association and not on merit. When she was getting close with Scheana, she felt insulted and couldn't understand why Stassi was so upset with her but apparently her own experiences haven't really taught her anything because she's now flipped the tables - the victim has now become the bully - exhibiting the same behaviours that she once whined about being unfair when it was happening to her. Schwartz, you're sweet but far too much of a pushover. Good luck to you buddy. 

I can't stand Jax. I really can't. For someone with his track record of infidelity and lies, it really does boggle my mind how he continues to have the same friends that he has taken turn after turn betraying. And even more outrageous, he truly feels insulted that people don't believe him - as if he has the world's worst short term memory that all of those past lies just manage to escape his memory.

How dense are these people that they have yet to realize that the very things they're holding against Lala and calling her names about are the exact same things that their good friends Kristen and Jax are guilty of...with each other! What is wrong with their memory? How old are all these people supposed to be? ugh, these people are exactly what trash tv is all about - train wrecks that you can't believe can be true but you can't look away! haha

"Train wrecks" that you can feel superior to!  Why I watch, anyway.  YMMV.

• Love 2

And her industrial chic bedroom looked like a freshman dorm room.

There's already a lot of downthread speculation on this look, but I'm almost positive she's going for an Urban Oufitters Apartment vibe (browse http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/category.jsp?id=APARTMENT&cm_sp=APARTMENT-_-L1-_-APARTMENT:APARTMENT#/ for even one minute to see basically her whole deal). And it's like...so close and yet not at all right.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

This reminds me of the movie Heathers. When the alpha Heather is dispatched the "nice" Heather rises to power and proves to be just as awful.

Katie fids herself in a position of power because Stassi and Kristin left Sur and now their only way to stay part of the show is to stay friendly with Katie or hook back up with one of the guys.

• Love 8

Talk about juvenile! I must be equally so because I laughed heartily at Schwartz's prank!

Same here...biggest laugh I've had all week.

The cost of those invitations was insane. I bet Schwartz could've come up with something more creative and memorable for far less.

Will LaLa's allegedly married boyfriend be exposed? I'm sure Kristen can find the receipts.

• Love 1