Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Call It Like I See It

• Start Topic

I like Arianna and the fact that she doesn't pander to anybody's ego except maybe Sandovals,

I think she is being friendly with Lala because unlike the others she doesn't JUDGE her for her own life choices and knows how to MHOB.

Stassi is just a tamer more watered down version of herself, maybe a little more or less pathetic depending how you choose to look at it.

Kristen is just vile nothing to add there.

Scheana needs to remember these girls really are NOT her friends, they just want a loyal minion, not an equal and mutually rewarding friendship.

Lala at least seems to acknowledge that she has behaved badly, whether or not she can overcome the negative stigma is about her own attitude, she should forget about apologies and try and focus on becoming a better person for herself and her future which these B's will not be a part of.

Schwartz my advice is RUN and don't look back.

ETA, I forgot about Katie maybe because she is a boring and quite obnoxious Bitch!

Katie GROW UP already you're about to become a Wife, there are child brides forced into marriage with more maturity than you.

Oh and Katie, I'm just calling it like I see it!

Edited by hecate2909
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, hecate2909 said:

I like Arianna and the fact that she doesn't pander to anybody's ego except maybe Sandovals,

I think she is being friendly with Lala because unlike the others she doesn't JUDGE her for her own life choices and knows how to MHOB.

Stassi is just a tamer more watered down version of herself, maybe a little more or less pathetic depending how you choose to look at it.

Scheana needs to remember these girls really are NOT her friends, they just want a loyal minion, not an equal and mutually rewarding friendship.

Lala at least seems to acknowledge that she has behaved badly, whether or not she can overcome the negative stigma is about her own attitude, she should forget about apologies and try and focus on becoming a better person for herself and her future which these B's will not be a part of.

ETA, I forgot about Katie maybe because she is a boring and quite obnoxious Bitch!

Katie GROW UP already you're about to become a Wife, there are child brides forced into marriage with more maturity than you.

I know Ariana isn't that popular around here but I kind of like her as well - at least in the context of this show and the people she's forced to be around. She's the only female in the cast that has any real semblance of maturity and can seemingly think for herself. Sure, she comes across as bitchy, dry and sarcastic but she doesn't stoop to juvenile behaviour. There are so many hypocrisies with the rest of the women that I can't even deal. Like Katie icing out Ariana in her bridal party because she's friendly with Lala and James...and then using Ariana high fiving James as justification that she did the right thing. Katie, get the hell out of it here you idiot.

• Love 9

Yep Katies an immature bitch. No argument there. My question is---What the hell are Schena & Shay taking to get so dam skinny? They have both lost a ton of weight and she was a stick to start with. Coke? Adderall? 

I love Schwartz and yes I know he gets paid from Bravo but does he have any other job? Because the Bravo bucks will stop one day.

Someone please give Tom his flat iron back! That situation he has going on on his head is just funny/stupid.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Yep Katies an immature bitch. No argument there. My question is---What the hell are Schena & Shay taking to get so dam skinny? They have both lost a ton of weight and she was a stick to start with. Coke? Adderall? 

I love Schwartz and yes I know he gets paid from Bravo but does he have any other job? Because the Bravo bucks will stop one day.

Someone please give Tom his flat iron back! That situation he has going on on his head is just funny/stupid.

Hecate says:

My money's on COKE! she probably needed that nose job for another reason.

Apologies I haven't got this quoting thing down yet

Edited by hecate2909
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I know he's not lighting the world on fire like Gigi Hadid, but he is a model who works enough to keep his head afloat.  I know recently he was in a national Modelo commercial, which isn't obviously millionaire dollars, but probably boosts their Bravo income a bit.  

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:24 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't know, whenever I think of Lala, I always think her discussing Ayn Rand:

dfccbd20-d9ce-0133-bd88-0a236b01d063.gif

I think Lala is actually pretty smart.  Her problem is that she has a gutter mouth.   If she didn't use such crass language, she'd come off smarter than she does.

If these women were to take IQ tests, I'm guessing Arianna would be on top (she says she's tested at a high level), Lala next  Stassi and Katie, next, then Scheana, and Kristin on the bottom.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

IKR? I know she was shilling for some diet pill - Hydroxycut maybe?  Don't know if that's actually how she lost the weight or not though.  

She really did look crazy skinny at Tom and Katie's housewarming party.  If she looks that thin on screen I can't imagine how tiny she must be in real life.

8 hours ago, hecate2909 said:

Just want to say that I approve of, and co-sign on, all of your thoughts! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

What the hell are Schena & Shay taking to get so dam skinny? They have both lost a ton of weight and she was a stick to start with. Coke? Adderall? 

I don't know about Shay but Scheana is sticking to the story that she hired a trainer and lost 25 lbs after not being satisfied about how she looked in her wedding dress. 

I see all the goodwill Katie built up over the last couple of seasons for standing up to Stassi has been blown to hell in the span of 3 episodes lololol. I'm seeing alot of the same sentiments on twitter. I wonder if she'll change her tune and turn down the bitch dial next season or double down on her newfound Stassi-ness. Or maybe not so newfound as others have noted she's shown signs of it all along. Stealth bitch ha! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

My question is---What the hell are Schena & Shay taking to get so dam skinny? They have both lost a ton of weight and she was a stick to start with. Coke? Adderall? 

Scheana SWEARS that all she does is work out with a trainer and use hydroxicut, but I think she's severely restricting her food intake.  She snaps all the time saying things like "See, look at all this food I'm eating!" but she never actually shows herself eating any of it.  It's a shame; she didn't have 25 pounds to lose in the first place.  My frame of reference for the ladies is that Lisa said Katie is a size 4.  If Katie is a size 4 (and I think Katie's also pretty tall), Scheana has to be a 0 or smaller.  

What they need to do is ditch those ugly purple Sur dresses.  They aren't flattering on anybody, and if you aren't small like Scheana, it makes you look like a linebacker.  That's all I could concentrate on when Katie and Lala were talking in the back alley.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

Scheana SWEARS that all she does is work out with a trainer and use hydroxicut, but I think she's severely restricting her food intake.  She snaps all the time saying things like "See, look at all this food I'm eating!" but she never actually shows herself eating any of it.  It's a shame; she didn't have 25 pounds to lose in the first place.  My frame of reference for the ladies is that Lisa said Katie is a size 4.  If Katie is a size 4 (and I think Katie's also pretty tall), Scheana has to be a 0 or smaller.  

What they need to do is ditch those ugly purple Sur dresses.  They aren't flattering on anybody, and if you aren't small like Scheana, it makes you look like a linebacker.  That's all I could concentrate on when Katie and Lala were talking in the back alley.

didn't Scheana say on Stassi's podcast that she was on a no-carb, no-alcohol diet for like three months at the beginning of last summer?  I'd assume now she's trying to maintain it.

I definitely believe Katie's a size 4.  It's all relative; Nicole Richie said she was a size 4 on the first season of The Simple Life, when everyone was calling her "huge."

Shay looked like he had lost weight too??

seems like the old Stassi is creeping back up - saying that Scheena needs to "step in line" with regards to not talking to Lala.  Helloooo are we in middle school?? People can talk to whomever they want.  To be an adult means that you don't shun people completely.  You can be cordial.

And the butt steaks... I had a couple thoughts on that.  1. His "seasoning" likely cooked out and evaporated as they were cooking (much like alcohol does when cooking with wines and the like) 2. If they all cooked in the same pan... his "seasoning" also got on his steak  3. Did he make sure he knew which two were in his butt and which one wasn't?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't know about Shay but Scheana is sticking to the story that she hired a trainer and lost 25 lbs after not being satisfied about how she looked in her wedding dress. 

Shay supposedly isn't drinking, so that might have helped him quite a bit. 

18 minutes ago, teapot said:

I definitely believe Katie's a size 4.  It's all relative; Nicole Richie said she was a size 4 on the first season of The Simple Life, when everyone was calling her "huge."

Size is weird. I'm 130 lbs and 5'4 and I am a size 10. I have a friend who's the same height, but about 10 lbs heavier and she's an 8. It all depends on how you're built; where you carry your weight. Also, where you shop. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I think they have mikes inside those dresses that might spoil the line.

I usually like Katie but how she was treating Scheana this episode was not a good look. Scheana actually was totally backing Katie and then Katie thinks just cause they're standing at the same place at work talking that they're like bff or something? Lol is this jr high? Like she was at work!  

Shay kind of seemed attractive to me in this episode lol idk.

Tom and his man braid? I just don't even know how to comment lol. 

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Schwartz gave me a giggle when he brought up pre-nups.  What's he afraid Katie is gonna get her mitts on?  His ass steaks?

In all seriousness, I think Schwartz is not exaggerating when he talks about Katie being emotional, her ability to hold a grudge, and expect someone else to inherit a grudge.

I think this is less about protecting the assets he brings into the marriage and more about wanting Katie to agree to how the marriage will end if it doesn't work out while she's in a reasonable, marriage planning frame of mind versus them figuring it out in a scenario where things don't work out and she is super pissed off at him. 

I can't say that I blame him.  Its a smart move. 

• Love 5
On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 9:49 AM, RHJunkie said:

I know Ariana isn't that popular around here but I kind of like her as well - at least in the context of this show and the people she's forced to be around. She's the only female in the cast that has any real semblance of maturity and can seemingly think for herself. Sure, she comes across as bitchy, dry and sarcastic but she doesn't stoop to juvenile behaviour. There are so many hypocrisies with the rest of the women that I can't even deal. Like Katie icing out Ariana in her bridal party because she's friendly with Lala and James...and then using Ariana high fiving James as justification that she did the right thing. Katie, get the hell out of it here you idiot.

I would have completely agreed with you about Ariana prior to season 4. Season 4, Ariana was basically livid that Kristen was part of the cast and that she'd have to spend so much time with her. I get it, but at the same time your job that actually pays for your lifestyle  (Vanderpump Rules) has decided that Kristen is indispensable. So I found all of Ariana's eye rolling and muttered comments obnoxious. You either want the paycheck or you don't. If you find the price (hanging out with Kristen for 3 months) too high, then ask to reduce your camera time. Additionally, she's basically had nothing, but negative comments about some of the other friends of the girls (Rachel) and things they want to do (I'm sure she would have thought Katie's pintrest bridesmaid invitations were lame). I thought they were lame, but you could see that all of the girls thought it was adorable.

I also find it a little bit hypocritical that Ariana gave Scheana as much shit as she did because up until this season Scheana has been the designated cast member who had to film with the pariah cast member, but now Ariana is that person. I don't even know why Ariana would bring that shit up, especially in regard to Kristen. I felt that Ariana framed it as an ultimatum, which was unfair to Scheana because it's not like Ariana was willing to quit the show to stay away from Kristen. It just seemed really unfair to demand that Scheana put herself in a worse situation with the producers for the sake of friendship. Finally, I still can't believe how insane and jealous Ariana got about the sketch comedy and stand up issue last season.

Katie's 2 good seasons have gone to her head. She's obnoxious.

The one thing I will remember about this group is that it is highly incestuous. There is a Grantland podcast with one of the producers and of course the season 1 behind the scenes special where they discuss how in each other's business the cast is. They've all banged each other. They all used to be best friends. On the podcast, the producer talks about how Scheana and Katie used to BFFs 2 or 3 years before the show started. They're fairly willing to overlook the douche baggery and messiness. But the fact that they don't want anything to do with James, Lala, and Frank is pretty telling.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I would have completely agreed with you about Ariana prior to season 4. Season 4, Ariana was basically livid that Kristen was part of the cast and that she'd have to spend so much time with her. I get it, but at the same time your job that actually pays for your lifestyle  (Vanderpump Rules) has decided that Kristen is indispensable. So I found all of Ariana's eye rolling and muttered comments obnoxious. You either want the paycheck or you don't. If you find the price (hanging out with Kristen for 3 months) too high, then ask to reduce your camera time. Additionally, she's basically had nothing, but negative comments about some of the other friends of the girls (Rachel) and things they want to do (I'm sure she would have thought Katie's pintrest bridesmaid invitations were lame). I thought they were lame, but you could see that all of the girls thought it was adorable.

I also find it a little bit hypocritical that Ariana gave Scheana as much shit as she did because up until this season Scheana has been the designated cast member who had to film with the pariah cast member, but now Ariana is that person. I don't even know why Ariana would bring that shit up, especially in regard to Kristen. I felt that Ariana framed it as an ultimatum, which was unfair to Scheana because it's not like Ariana was willing to quit the show to stay away from Kristen. It just seemed really unfair to demand that Scheana put herself in a worse situation with the producers for the sake of friendship. Finally, I still can't believe how insane and jealous Ariana got about the sketch comedy and stand up issue last season.

Katie's 2 good seasons have gone to her head. She's obnoxious.

The one thing I will remember about this group is that it is highly insestuous. There is a Grantland podcast with one of the producers and of course the season 1 behind the scenes special where they discuss how in each other's business the cast is. They've all banged each other. They all used to be best friends. On the podcast, the producer talks about how Scheana and Katie used to BFFs 2 or 3 years before the show started. They're fairly willing to overlook the douche baggery and messiness. But the fact that they don't want anything to do with James, Lala, and Frank is pretty telling.

This. To me Ariana isn't any better or mature than any other women on this show. When the reunion comes I bet she will have more to say about this whole experience being toxic. 

• Love 6

I'm not a Katie fan, she seems pretty humorless and stuck up, but damn I would be upset if my BFF was cozying up to the skank who just called me fat too. I don't know why these people can never come right out and say what they mean in full sentences though. Probably because they're drunk. 

I go back and forth with Lala. She's awful but she clearly wants to be accepted by this group and feels bad about the shit she pulls. Which is the opposite of James. I sometimes can't believe he's a real person, he's so absurd.  When he's onscreen I feel like I'm watching an episode of Black Mirror. 

Ariana looks amazing. Cant stand her but she looks great this year. 

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm team  Katie where James and Lala are concerned.  Katie's point was that the apologies were meaningless, which I agree with. 

Calling a person fat is not something I'd take kindly too either.  Lala has it backwards when calling Katie mean. 

Scheana would be on my do-not-trust list as well given the severity of Lala's comments.

13 hours ago, Jextella said:

Yeah, I'm team  Katie where James and Lala are concerned.  Katie's point was that the apologies were meaningless, which I agree with. 

Calling a person fat is not something I'd take kindly too either.  Lala has it backwards when calling Katie mean. 

Scheana would be on my do-not-trust list as well given the severity of Lala's comments.

This.  And I feel like the stuff with Lala goes beyond what we have seen on this show of things she has said about/to Katie. If my so called friends were being nice to a person who made comments about my weight and then about taking her top off in front of her boyfriend now husband.. yeah. I wouldn't want anyone who claims to be my friend to be all buddy-buddy with either.

Also..maybe Lala is real in her apologies. Maybe. I'm not sure. I can't get a read on her, but James isn't.  It's obvious he doesn't give a damn, so yeah when Katie was complaining about Araina high-fiving James, that was messed up.  James is an ass. 

• Love 3

I like Ariana too…or should I say she doesn’t annoy me as much as some of the others.  She was a good friend to Scheana and Scheana sure dropped her as fast as possible to be allowed to enter into the clique crew.

I don’t think Katie nixed Ariana from being a bridesmaid because of Lala/James but because of Kristen. Kristen is part of the original clique and Katie is still mad on behalf of Kristen last year when Kristen was not invited to Hawaii. She is team Kristen and totally anti Tom Sandoval since Tom is Kristen’s ex and Stassi hates Tom Sandoval too. So this “exclusion” of Ariana as a bridesmaid is Katie’s clap back.

I have no sympathy or empathy for Brittany. Jax has been a jerk and jackass since season 1. Brittany may claim to not have ever watched VPR before meeting him but she certainly must have caught up since. Even if she only saw footage of last season where she filmed…then she surely saw Jax coming on to Lala and insisting to Lala that Brittany was not moving in with him and their relationship was not serious and I remember him saying that Brittany was NOT his girlfriend.

Did Lala actually call Katie fat? I only remember her saying I see no one here has been working on their summer bodies. James and Lala are twigs with hair, so anyone nearby is going to be obese.  Katie should be more insulted that Scheana said I don’t like you cause you called Katie fat…no Lala didn’t name names…why does everyone in this clique assume the summer bodies comment was about Katie…could it be because she is the most out of shape of the group in their own eyes?  Nobody in this group thought the comment could have been about Stassi or Brittany.

Katie is horrible. I find her to be the most annoying. A big chunk of this season’s arc has to do with her upcoming wedding. She gets to be queen bee and the power trip has gone to her head. I don’t think this is her being Bridezilla just her natural self coming to light.

• Love 4
On 11/24/2016 at 1:22 AM, Jextella said:

Ditto!  I thought it was pretty clever, actually, and an appropriate tit for tat payback, i.e. an ass for an ass.

I kinda hope he serves some ass steak to Katie.  Idk, watching Katie, along with Kristen & Stassi (just cuz), chowing down on ass steaks could be worth a chuckle (maybe).  Sigh, that's where this show has gone to for me?  Wondering who else Schwartz should serve up ass steaks to?  Oy.

Jax bringing up to FI about putting his penis on Schwartz's head gave me a giggle.  Sounded like he was speaking of fond memories.  Also sounded to me like they'd get into a threesome in a sec if producers asked 'em to (and even if they didn't).

• Love 4

I personally don't know *what* Schwartz sees in Katie. I've had her pegged as a stealth bitch from Season 1, when she literally just sat there rolling her eyes and pandering to Stassi and mouth breathing between tequila guzzles with her resting Cro-Magnumface. Hey, LaLa *is* probably right that Schwartz could do so much better than her((although he's no prize either))---after all, she's a mean drunk and a humorless nag for starters. I won't even delve further into general aesthetics((cough**bad tattoos**cough!!))...

And I loathe their stupid nicknames for each other, right down to that obnoxious wall "art" above their sofa featuring the goofyassed pet names. Something tells me this was Katie expressing her laughable attempt at creative flair, the same sort of thinking that makes her believe she's a successful fashion blogger. That apartment though...is that supposed to be remotely tasteful? They're both in their 30's now too, right?? I just can't understand how they still manage to decorate their place like it's a cheesy college dorm. But then again, having seen Scheana's sequined house of horrors featured regularly((and Shay's repeatedly unsuccessful escapes)), a discount Urban Outfitters-style apartment is the least of their worries.

• Love 7

I'm just not getting wtf Stassi is still on this show.  I don't object to her being there, but she seems so disconnected to any of these people.  Her whining about Patrick was annoying & boring.  Uh, scoop up some your podcast & Bravo dough, Stass, and get a therapist & stfu about that shit cuz it's too boring.

What is it about Katie's hair that's just so off?  The color is too dark & unflattering? The style is too frumpy & clunky?  Why does she have such trouble with her hair?  In that scene with Stass & Kristen, it was so apparent how terrible Katie's hair looked because Stassi's & Kristen's looked really good.

• Love 2
On 11/24/2016 at 2:01 PM, BloggerAloud said:

I wish these folks could flatly say, "Don't talk to so-and-so because I don't want them on the show" and just break the fourth wall and own it.

True. But I don't think anyone is going to pull a Jill Zarin after seeing how that backfired on her.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2016 at 0:57 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

What is it about Katie's hair that's just so off?  The color is too dark & unflattering? The style is too frumpy & clunky?  Why does she have such trouble with her hair?  

i wonder about that, too. It looks like she is lucky enough to have naturally thick hair and sometimes it looks healthy. Now it just looks dry and lifeless. All I can think is that she must be putting some cheap, ratty extensions in to make her hair longer. She needs some nice highlights and get rid of those damn extensions. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't think I have ever heard anyone I know say "parTy." 

just my mom when she caught me drinking in HS  "oh, really?  you were having a PAR-TEEEE?  I hope you certainly enjoyed your little PAR-TEEE because there won't be any more!"

*shudders*

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't think I have ever heard anyone I know say "parTy." 

I would laugh at them if I ever heard anybody pronounce it parTy. 

Something is kind of bothering me. I keep reading about how horrible it was that James and/or LaLa said something about Katie and the other girls being fat. People seem to think that was so wrong.  As I'm reading about how wrong it is I'm also reading things like "twigs with hair" and about how bad Scheena looks and how she's too skinny and other things along those lines.  So, why is it so bad to call somebody fat but it's OK to make fun of people for being too thin?  I'm underweight and get shit all the time for it. I've had obese people tell me in too skinny.  Its a double standard that needs to stop. 

I don't get why fat shaming is so bad but skinny shaming is just fine. 

• Love 7

The best is when people think they're being subtle while implying that you barf up your lunch after you eat it. Of course, "well-meaning" customers at a bookstore, where you once worked, handing you self-help books about eating disorders are great too.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Excuse me. That leopard thing is a TAT?!?!?!? I thought it was just henna!!!! jesus wept

I'd like to know the Bravo budget for their wedding. We all know Bravo is paying, so why not share?

I'm betting that Scheaner & Shay have cleaned up other parts of their lives along w his not drinking? Eating better & exercising & surely she's not drinking as much either; that could be the weight loss? Or maybe I'm naïve.

I think Katie's increased visibility is due to her new role as Lisa's 'assistant'.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:14 PM, TattleTeeny said:

The best is when people think they're being subtle while implying that you barf up your lunch after you eat it. Of course, "well-meaning" customers at a bookstore, where you once worked, handing you self-help books about eating disorders are great too.

On 11/28/2016 at 3:14 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I think I've told the story of the guy who put 6 boxes of Twinkies in my shopping cart and begged me to go home and eat them. This guy ended up with 6 boxes of Twinkies chucked at his head. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I think I've told the story of the guy who put 6 boxes of Twinkies in my shopping cart and begged me to go home and eat them. This guy ended up with 6 boxes of Twinkies chucked at his head. 

I was going to reply and ask what person is that intrusive. But I remember in 1997 when I was transitioning my hair from chemically straightened to a natural afro, I had women try to drag me into hair salons because I didn't know better, drop relaxer into my grocery cart, follow me around the store to see if I was mentally ill and dangerous, and my all time favorite curse me out and spit on me. I especially loved being spit on because of a hairstyle.

Fine with me--just speculating. And, yes, now that I think about it, I do "hear" that T when I think of a UK accent (but now I can't "hear" the way James says it). I had an oddly prim not-British friend way back in junior high who did like the hard T in many words. She once yelled at our sixth-grade teacher that something was "imporTanT!" Somehow the enunciation actually made whatever it was seem less urgent than she wanted. (Also, she got very drunk at our HS reunion and proceeded to yell at my BF that she "was also available that night!" that he met me. That was awkward--and not very prim.)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TattleTeeny said:

Fine with me--just speculating. And, yes, now that I think about it, I do "hear" that T when I think of a UK accent (but now I can't "hear" the way James says it). I had an oddly prim not-British friend way back in junior high who did like the hard T in many words. She once yelled at our sixth-grade teacher that something was "imporTanT!" Somehow the enunciation actually made whatever it was seem less urgent than she wanted. (Also, she got very drunk at our HS reunion and proceeded to yell at my BF that she "was also available that night!" that he met me. That was awkward--and not very prim.)

I think we can all agree that however we pronounce "party", James is always pronounced "colossal ballbag".

• Love 4