Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Nama'Stay Away from Me

• Start Topic

That's exactly it - the voice loss hits AFTER you're feeling better.

I think it depends.  I've had viruses during which I lost my voice while I was truly in the thick of the illness.  And then some that I lost my voice during "recovery." 

I really don't like the bitch but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she felt ill in those scenes. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, esco1822 said:

THIS!!!  Exactly and they have every right to be upset because since they started the show, they leaned on the Lauritas, Wakilies and Rosie while Teresa wanted nothing to do with them and now that they are back in Tre's life, they are keeping her allegiances.  It's not just Melissa though, it's Joe too. Everyone was really good to him and supported him through his issues with his sister.  Of course he would want his sister back in his life but it does't have to be at the expense of all the people who were good friends and family to him over the years.  It's a pretty crappy thing to do.

As for the Jac/Dolores thing, something just seems weird.  I agree that Jac has completely lost it but when Dolores was leaving the voicemail, I thought it was a little weird. Jac had already said she wasn't going because she was sick so why would Dolores leave her a message asking if she was coming and then tell everyone else that she wanted Jac to feel included and that she was missed.  None of that was even said in the message so I don't know if it was just editing or really suspicious.  I love Dolores but I really didn't understand that whole thing.

I may be in the minority on all this so I'll dig my grave deeper and say I would totally watch a show about Dolores and Siggy's friendship. I kind of love them together. 

See I thought this too. I mean I am estatic that Mel and Tre aren't still swatting at each other about sprinkle cookies and redone houses cause that shit was extra ridiculous. And I'm doubly happy that the next level of bullshit like all the nasty shit being thrown around about the Gorga marriage and Melissa's "past" is out the window.. I mean come on this escalation of family strife got to the point that Melania and Antonia weren't really seeing each other and had the Joe's actually come to blows... So yeah, I'm good that Mel and Tre have found this common ground. Absolutely.

However, I do think there is something amiss when it comes to Mel and the rest. They were VERY supportive with Melissa and Joe. Melissa and Joe coming on the scene shed a light on some things that affected people's view of the their friend Teresa to the point that these very long and close friendships were damaged. Melissa and Joe came in hard and laid it on thick and they actually got people's attention and sympathy to the point that they sided AGAINST Teresa. Hell even Kathy and Rosie did more damage than repair for their own reconciliation or mending or whatever was going on with them and Tre (although I don't think it was all that much aside from Kathy coming on the show) but because the toxic relationship between Melissa and Teresa took up soooooooo much time and was the center of everything there was no stopping it from becoming EVERYONE against Tre and I don't necessarily believe that Kathy and Rosie were particularly looking for that outcome but because Melissa was so ready to take it there it just grew into a whole other animal that by default had Kathy and Rosie on the wrong side of it all. Now granted Kathy wasn't completely faultless but because of the level of crazy the situation rose to there was no way to be neutral or 100% diplomatic about it her own grievances. Some honesty had to slip out and some was shared willingly but I really don't think Kathy NEEDED to "clear the air" to any exaggerated extreme cause I don't think there were any real issues that needing deep digging. 

What happened was that Kathy and Rosie got caught up in the whirlwind of Tre's and Melissa's beef and because they sided more with Mel they got burned way more than their own personal grievances with Tre should have garnered.  Now with that said, now you have Mel all happy happy joy joy truce called and all that jazz. Quick to be all "oh those last two seasons are sooooooo long ago" which hey the families circumstances require that and I'm happy however to pretend that all of the bullshit drama that Melissa ALSO engaged in and the petty crap that went down all because she and Tre are so damn immature didn't affect other people and their relationships with Tre? That's grimey. Do I expect Mel to sacrifice her new found peace within her family for the sake of Rosie, Kathy or Jac? Hell nah, but she's got this air about her like "too bad so sad" "not my problem that you're relationship with Tre is strained, damaged ruined. We good, tho" I think that's the part that Jac and maybe the others are not too happy with.

That's the vibe I'm getting. And I think it's kinda valid cause these relationship are extremely strained or irrepairable and a big part of that is because they were being supportive of Melissa and Joe's position therefore jeopardizing their relationships with Tre and now the shoe is on the other foot and Mel is all like. "Nah, I'm with her, Peace, Can't help ya". I mean damn. That's cold..

Don't get me wrong I was always all about the Gorga's still am.  I'm just a bit annoyed at how nonchalant Mel's being about some of this stuff and the current drama when a good chunk of it came about because those same people where in YOUR corner and now Tre is dishing out her punishments while you have a front row seat in Tre's court...

• Love 4

Also Kudos to Teresa for getting her yoga cert. It doesn't mean she will be a good teacher but you do have to put in a lot of hours (200) and work to get it. I am also a yoga teacher ( going on 2+years) and you can tell teachers who are are good natural teachers from those who really love yoga but teach a really bad class.  It has a lot to do with being comfortable speaking and cueing.

It does get easier the more you do it, so she might get better with more practice

I agree. Good for Teresa for working on getting her yoga certification. I have no idea how many classes Teresa has taught, but like you said she may get better with more practice.

• Love 7

Jaq and Melissa's disagreement began with Jaq stirring up yit from the past and Melissa took the high ground and refused to be part of it. The Gorga and Giudice family's have realized life is better when they are united and I say good for them!! I love that they are sticking together! 

Chris Laurita looks like a P whipped idiot for denying that his unbalanced wife's behavior isn't despicable. Jaq pouting in the car and honking the horn was hysterical! Joe Gorga was spot on when he said she was cracking the whip!! 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

What Ritchie and his fucked up, freaky, fearsome foursome?

With deepest heartfelt apologies to Rosey Grier, Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones.

LOL! If Deacon Jones was still with us, he'd open up a can of whoopass on Richie, and our bespectacled, perverted wonder would run out the back door screaming. 

• Love 3

I think that Chris knows full well his wife went "buck wild" on Melissa, but if he didn't defend her Jacqueline would go buck wild on him. As I heard the words coming out of his mouth I could see that he didn't believe a word he was saying. If not for CJ and especially Nicholas, he would probably dump her crazy, demented ass once he's finally had enough, but he's stuck.

She looked like such a fool at the party in that silly T-shirt when everyone was nicely dressed. Probably lost her voice not to a cold but by shrieking like the loon that she is. And next week she will be in full crazy bloom.

Agree that the Guidice girls are being a bit bratty, but their mum's constant questioning is annoying although she's doing it out of love because the father just went to the Big House. In a few months, however, I doubt that Teresa will put up with that kind of talk the way she is now. And I think she gives Gia a bit more of a break because she had to give up part of her teenhood while her mother was in jail and she was a real trooper about it. I also don't think she forces them to be on camera, which is probably why Gabriella was at lacrosse or wherever so early in the morning. 

It's not very nice how people are trying to determine Milania's future sexual preferences because she's a tomboy. It feels like it's more a commentary on her looks rather than the activities she enjoys because no one says that about Gabriella, who is also more into sports.

I hope that one of those cards Andy reads at the reunion calls out Richie for the fucking pig that he is.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, MrsPatrickBateman said:

Siggy annoys me. If you hate that your mother never does anything for herself and never puts herself first why don't you do it for her? You have the means, take your mother on a nice vacation, or send her on one alone or send her on one with just the grandkids. The poor woman has made it crystal clear that family is what makes her happy. Use your relationship expertise to actually listen to what she's saying. 

All I got from Chris saying Jacqueline didn't go crazy was that she must be much worse behind closed doors and he really didn't think that was anything other than a fun night out with friends.

Siggy drives me up a wall.  Damn, she's annoying.  Like you said, if you feel bad that your mother doesn't do things for herself, then do things for her.  She wants to spend time with her family - arrange family outings.  Talk to your kids about how important these are to their grandparents (without screeching at them and making it all about you).  If you're having a spa day, invite her.  If you're  going someplace she might enjoy, invite her.  And go the extra mile by picking her up.  I don't get the sense that Siggy's life is so full and busy that she doesn't have time to spend with her family.  If she thought a little bit more about their needs and less about hers and how she feels, they could spend more time together.  

I did love Delores' grandmothers zero fucks look when Siggy was screech talking to her about Jac.  I think GM saw thrugh Siggy pretty damn quickly.  When they first met, Siggy was talking to her like she was a small child.  She was almost cooing at her (if one can coo at 40 decibels).  FFS, the woman is 102 years old.  She has lived through so many things and could share so much.  She is not a toy for your amusement. 

As far as Richie's foursome idea, let's break this down.  If he wanted to have sex with Rosie, he would have mentioned that before.  He already has sex with his wife (or so one assumes - I prefer to never imagine it).  So he is really saying he would like to fuck Rosie's girlfriend.  Thanks, Richie.  It's creepy when guys talk about wanting to fuck their guy friend's girlfriends.  It is horrible to do this to a lesbian.  Way to discount who she is as a person and set her value and worth on your personal fuckability index.  Here's a clue - she doesn't want you.  The miracle is that anyone ever wanted you.   

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

That's the vibe I'm getting. And I think it's kinda valid cause these relationship are extremely strained or irrepairable and a big part of that is because they were being supportive of Melissa and Joe's position therefore jeopardizing their relationships with Tre and now the shoe is on the other foot and Mel is all like. "Nah, I'm with her, Peace, Can't help ya". I mean damn. That's cold..

I think the relationships between Kathy, Rosie, Juicy and Teresa are strained because of the trash talk Kathy and Rosie aimed at Teresa at the reunion and not offering to help out with Juicy and the kids while Teresa was in prison.  These people made their own beds imo.  As far as Jac is concerned Teresa offered an olive branch, welcomed and hugged Jac when Jac came to visit at her home, and accepted an invitation to Jac's house for dinner where Jac went off the rails with the insults once again. Jac has nobody to blame for her fractured relationship with the Guidices and Gorgas but herself .  These women could have just said to Melissa and Teresa, "glad you've mended the family relationship, it's better for everyone, parents, kids, husbands, wives" and moved on but guess not.  They're bitter and resentful and it's not a good look.

Jacqueline is selling that t shirt she was wearing on her twitter.  I can't believe she has 900k + followers, although that's probably why Andy has her on the show.  He's all about the social media.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, zulualpha said:

I think the relationships between Kathy, Rosie, Juicy and Teresa are strained because of the trash talk Kathy and Rosie aimed at Teresa at the reunion and not offering to help out with Juicy and the kids while Teresa was in prison.  These people made their own beds imo.  As far as Jac is concerned Teresa offered an olive branch, welcomed and hugged Jac when Jac came to visit at her home, and accepted an invitation to Jac's house for dinner where Jac went off the rails with the insults once again. Jac has nobody to blame for her fractured relationship with the Guidices and Gorgas but herself .  These women could have just said to Melissa and Teresa, "glad you've mended the family relationship, it's better for everyone, parents, kids, husbands, wives" and moved on but guess not.  They're bitter and resentful and it's not a good look.

Jacqueline is selling that t shirt she was wearing on her twitter.  I can't believe she has 900k + followers, although that's probably why Andy has her on the show.  He's all about the social media.

Yeah, but besides that there still is stuff they have legit reason to side eye and be annoyed by. I ain't saying that what Mel and Joe are doing for the families sake ain't completely grand I'm just saying that I don't think the tension and animosity coming from Kathy, Rosie and Jac are completely unfounded. The reunion talk happened after the season of Tre being pretty nasty and trash talking herself so I'm not one to act like these beefs are completely one sided cause they never are. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Jacqueline expected to be on the flyer for the girl's night at the gym simply because she's one of the 'real housewives' and thinking she'd be a big draw for the event. As in: Come Meet Jacqueline Laurita from RHoNJ.  

I get that the Wakilies feel a bit betrayed by JoeGo and Mel - but as someone else said, they shouldn't be mad at them because they no longer wish to engage in gossip about JoeGui and Tre. They've stayed friends and do socialize with Kathy, Richie and Rosie, they just don't want to participate in bashing the Guiduices anymore.  Jac's attempts to cause trouble by bringing up strippergate was low and ultimately ineffective. 

I've had fights with family members and when we did make peace we moved forward and didn't keep revisiting what caused the falling out. 

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, politichick said:

It's not very nice how people are trying to determine Milania's future sexual preferences because she's a tomboy. It feels like it's more a commentary on her looks rather than the activities she enjoys because no one says that about Gabriella, who is also more into sports.

I hope that one of those cards Andy reads at the reunion calls out Richie for the fucking pig that he is.

+1.  I find talking about kids (especially prepubescent!!) kids sexuality very weird and feels very wrong...and not to mention she might get teased at school if people start rumors like this..... She's a kid let her be a kid and maybe lets all realize that not all townboys are lesbians? Liking sports and being a little (ok a lot) boisterous are hardly sexual identity indicators.

57 minutes ago, Muffyn said:

I did love Delores' grandmothers zero fucks look when Siggy was screech talking to her about Jac.  I think GM saw thrugh Siggy pretty damn quickly.  When they first met, Siggy was talking to her like she was a small child.  She was almost cooing at her (if one can coo at 40 decibels).  FFS, the woman is 102 years old.  She has lived through so many things and could share so much.  She is not a toy for your amusement. 

Um yeah it was weird and condescending and for many people the times of WWII and WWI  were extremely tough times and brings up traumatic memories... My grandfather was a WWII vet and I cringed so hard when Siggy was like " OMG HOW MANY WARS!!!!"UGH. Like its nothing to brag about! Nobody is excited to have lived through war! It was so gross. 

• Love 12

Good grief, grow some ovaries, Jac.

Delores' granny! *hugs*

I get that Teresa's kids are going through a tough time most people can't imagine, but jeez…if I spoke to my mother the way Milania (and Gia, to an extent) do, there'd be hell to pay.

For real. Their parents' criminality may have exacerbated their attitudes, but Gia and Milania have always been bratty smartasses.

Siggy's embarrassing announcements about Joshua...oy. Also, Sophie is only thirteen?

I think Milania will be a strong woman, maybe even a strong gay woman, it's a feeling I get from her that I can't put my finger on.

You could be right, although Milania being tomboyish - which I love, since Teresa declared none of her girls would ever be tomboys - isn't necessarily an indication of lesbianism. Anyway, I can't imagine Milania being a "butchie boy" would go over very well in her family.

I especially enjoyed Melissa snatching the phone from Melania when she wouldn't listen to her mom, and Joe counseling Milania to be careful on the quad. 

Yeah, but if Melissa had done that in a previous season? She'd be ripped to fucking shreds. I guess being a "soldier" has its advantages.

Milania gave me a heart attack going so fast on that ATV.

That was insane, especially with little Audrianna on the back. (Then again, we've seen a baby Audrianna come thisclose to taking a nosedive down the stairs, eat Teresa's makeup, and be thrown around by Milania like a rag doll, so Teresa must think the child is made of Teflon.) I bet Teresa doesn't have any insurance on those girls, neither.

That Frankie is one good-looking boy.

• Love 3

I think I can relate to Jacq from back when I was just a "little teapot"

Remember in middle school when two girls would be BFF but you'd have a connection w/one of them?  then there'd be a falling out & you'd be inseparable w/your favorite one & she'd talk about the other, "she did this and that and she said this and can you believe her and she hurt me so much and..."

cut to a week later.  those two are BFF again, you're on the outs, and your "new friend" is cordial to you but that's about it, and you're whiplashed like "but wait, she said-and then-and you told me-and what about-"

Live through that four or five times, (k, it took me a little while...) though, and you know what's coming next...

not sure why Jacq doesn't get it!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I think the issue is more that they feel it's hypocritical of Joe and Melissa to not want to hear anyone's complaints about a person he complained  to them about for years. 

It may be (hypocritical) but it's understandable, especially when the cameras are rolling. 

Theresa needs her brother and his wife in her life right now, and the Gorgas recognize that.  Joe has said that he has his family back, and he doesn't want to ruin that.  I get a sense that this is a different Joe Gorga than we have seen in the past - the anger is gone, he seems content and happy.  His scenes last night with the Guidice girls and with his sister - that was real.  He cares about them.  

Melissa is either going along with it to keep peace, or she, too, genuinely cares about Teresa.  I think the latter, but whatever her reason, at the very least she is  publicly supporting her sister in law.  I don't think either one of them benefits from listening to derogatory comments about Teresa, especially when there's a good chance it will get back to Teresa or she'll see it on tv. (It could also be that they're older, more mature and quite frankly don't like they way they looked on camera 4 seasons ago.) 

I remember reading on FameWhorgas that when Kathy was not invited back as a full HW, Richie was angry because he felt that they had done everything production wanted as it related to Teresa.  So there is probably that undercurrent in their relationship with the Gorgas as well - the Gorgas are still central cast members, while the people that supported them have been relegated to just that - supporting cast.  

But like it or not, the central story on the show for seasons has been Teresa.  The Gorgas are an integral part of that story line - the Wakiles not so much.

They add nothing to the show.  Richie thinks he's hysterical, but he's a jerk, and managed to alienate most viewers in much the same way Jim Marchese did.  Kathy is duller than dishwater. I know there are people that like them, but they don't have anywhere near the fan base that Teresa and Melissa have.  Teresa always had a good fan base, and Melissa was smart in that she cultivated her own fan base early on.  Were you Team Melissa or Team Teresa?   I don't remember anything about a Team Wakile.  

The only thing they ever had going for them was their involvement in the Teresa pile up.  The Gorgas and Guidices have moved on.  I'm not sure the Wakiles really have.  There still seems to be some bitterness there - whether it's aimed at the Gorgas, Guidices or even Bravo for relegating them to "friends".

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, jaync said:

Milania gave me a heart attack going so fast on that ATV.

That was insane, especially with little Audrianna on the back. (Then again, we've seen a baby Audrianna come thisclose to taking a nosedive down the stairs, eat Teresa's makeup, and be thrown around by Milania like a rag doll, so Teresa must think the child is made of Teflon.) I bet Teresa doesn't have any insurance on those girls, neither

There was some editing wonkiness going on -- the video showed Milania tearing up the driveway solo.  But Gia said "they" are going so fast.  Then Joe was addressing Milania and Audrianna was on the back.  My guess is that they didn't have the shot of the two of them speeding, so they had Milania re-create it. Or they had it from some other day when she was wearing the same clothes.  Thought Joe handled it well, though.

23 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I wonder if Jacqueline expected to be on the flyer for the girl's night at the gym simply because she's one of the 'real housewives' and thinking she'd be a big draw for the event. As in: Come Meet Jacqueline Laurita from RHoNJ.  

That was my conclusion. Jac did the scut work, running around passing out fliers.  But she's also a Housewife.  So when the event happens, and two other Housewives are just going to swan in as featured guests, and she doesn't merit so much as a "special appearance by Jacqueline Laurita!" footnote, she knows she's been elbowed to the side.

The sad thing is, if she wanted to, she could have slapdashed some kind of inspirational "How to carve out time for yourself when you have a special needs child" lecture.  Of course you'd hope she could get through such a speech without sobbing,which hasn't been the case so far.  But it's not like if she had something to actually offer they couldn't have worked her in somehow.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, jaync said:

Yeah, but if Melissa had done that in a previous season? She'd be ripped to fucking shreds. I guess being a "soldier" has its advantages.

I really don't see Melissa being a "soldier", as she hasn't really gone after anyone or started any crap. She, honestly, seems to be pretty mellow this season. I think there's just a difference in the family dynamics at this point. The girls have gotten closer, and Tre realizes that she needs the help. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Feline Goddess said:

I get that the Wakilies feel a bit betrayed by JoeGo and Mel - but as someone else said, they shouldn't be mad at them because they no longer wish to engage in gossip about JoeGui and Tre. They've stayed friends and do socialize with Kathy, Richie and Rosie, they just don't want to participate in bashing the Guiduices anymore.  Jac's attempts to cause trouble by bringing up strippergate was low and ultimately ineffective. 

I've had fights with family members and when we did make peace we moved forward and didn't keep revisiting what caused the falling out. 

I guess the new unresolved issue is now with Mel and Joe but it still plays out like people want Mel to be at odds with Tre when I don't really think that's the case.  It's true that once people decide to finally move passed something not bringing old grievances is the way to go but I think no one is really addressing the new problem which is the animosity the rest are now feeling towards Joe and Mel cause it seems like they aren't really acknowledging their own parts in why there is that much more of a chasm between Tre and the rest. I'm not saying they should take blame for grown folks decisions to back them but I'm sensing a sort of complete attempt to act oblivious to the strife and some serious lack of acknowledgment over how screwed up shit played out. There's also this huge energy coming from them that seems there are desperately trying to act as if they are complete third party observers and had no role in any drama outside of their two families and their little family feud.

It's the playing completely dumb that I understand where the others have a gripe. Problem is it's such a muddy situation that no one is actually coming out and really putting a new name to it. It seems like Kathy and Rosie are pretty much out of anything else to expect from Tre but the connection now is Mel. I think there is underlying resentment that's giving off the negative vibe and being that in all reality they chose to be a big part of the drama and back Joe and Mel so it's hard to bring to light those uneasy feelings and even harder to start a dialogue about why they aren't really feeling Mel and how she's treating the whole thing. I think all they want from Mel is some sort of acknowledgment that while she's got her happy family situation on track and have finally come to the light at the end of the tunnel she did it with some hard core support of people who didn't make it to the end with her. I don't expect her to shirk the ground her and Tre has covered in order to the others some sort of loyalty but she can at least stop acting as if she's completely unaware of how lame shit has played out and that had other people treated her situation with Tre like she seems to be treating the others issues with Tre she wouldn't have come as far as she has. Not only with getting her family back on track but also her longevity on the show.

That's a NEW issue that hasn't been squashed yet which always leaves these little tidbits of old feuds still open for reexamining.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really like seeing the scenes of Melissa and Joe going over to the Guidice home, being there for Tre and the girls. I don't care how real it is, or why it came about, the family being closer is a nice thing to see. I especially enjoyed Melissa snatching the phone from Melania when she wouldn't listen to her mom, and Joe counseling Milania to be careful on the quad. 

I love the way the Gorgas are supporting Teresa and the girls.  It was a small gesture but Melissa snatching the phone and Joe going out to get Milania to slow down on the four wheeler showed Teresa, a newly "single" parent,  that they will be their to back her up.  Between her in laws and her brother and sister in law Teresa has a great support system behind her.  She and the girls will need them and it warms my heart to see them come through for Teresa and her girls. 

• Love 8

Thanks for pointing out the wonky editing, kassa.

I think there's just a difference in the family dynamics at this point. The girls have gotten closer, and Tre realizes that she needs the help.

Agreed, and that's a good thing, and I personally don't see Melissa as being a "soldier" (hence the quotation marks)...at least not in the same sense as the others who have suddenly attached themselves to Teresa's jock. However, I still say that scene would have been perceived much differently by some before this season, in a similar way as to how Jac calling out Melissa's plastic surgery was seen as a bad thing, even though Melissa's nose and "horsey face" had been fodder for years by those on "Team Teresa".

• Love 2
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Agree that the Guidice girls are being a bit bratty, but their mum's constant questioning is annoying although she's doing it out of love because the father just went to the Big House.

I think Tre is questioning the girls about their feelings re: Joe because the producers told her to.  They're hoping to get the raw emotions from the girls because that's what sells and of course Tre is more than happy to exploit them to keep the paychecks rolling in.  IMO, it's disgusting what she's doing to them.  My heart breaks for the girls who are being exploited because their mother is an insensitive fame whore, felon, who is putting everything and everyone lower on her list of priorities where staying on tv is #1.  As so many have said previously, I hope the girls are in therapy (although I have doubts that is the case).  They didn't ask for any of this yet they're the ones who are going to be the hardest and longest impacted by their parents' actions. 

Edited by rayndon
corrected oopsie
  • Love 3

Co-sign with everyone who is loving the Gorgas and the Guidices bonding together. Long after this show is over, these people are still blood, the kids are close in age, they live near each other, and are first cousins…seriously, who friggin' cares about what happened almost 10 years ago? And who cares whether Mel and Tre are "faking" it, which in my opinion, they aren't. Burying the hatchet and ending what seems like generations of nonsense is what matters, and I'm really enjoying watching it. 

Joe Gorga definitely wins this episode. He is the happiest I've seen him since he's been on this show, truly enjoying his time with his sister and nieces, and loving the bond growing between Mel and Tre. I loved the way he was all smiles and didn't even waiver when he gave hugs and kisses to the bum ass Wakiles and sour-ass Lauritas. And I adored the way he was giving Chris the side-eye when he was saying Jackaloon wasn't overreacting. This episode made me forgive him for his caveman act earlier in the season. That may be him to an extent, but not as extreme as he was putting on. The Gorgas are winning in general this season. Melissa seems a lot more calm, and lot more in control of the image she puts forth, and not indulging in the nonsense. 

Speaking of the Lauritas, I think we got proof tonight as to why it was a good choice that Chris didn't go to Joe Guidice's going away party. Jacqueline's collagen-inflated lips were saying "I TOTALLY don't mind if you go, honey!" but in her mind she was going, " You BETTA NOT!" And Dolores knew this, which is why she said on camera for him to "support his wife," but pulled him aside after the cameras left and told him, "Boy, you know that crazy bitch will make your life a living hell if you go to that party without her." The way Jac acted at Dolores' party and the way she's acted all season proves that she has the mentality of an 11 year old, and that was in front of people, on camera. Can you imagine the craziness that she would have put him through in private if he had gone to that party?! I almost feel sorry for him. The blank look he gets on his face when she's ranting and raving, the way he glosses over when he's "defending" her. I don't even think he believes the justification he's trying to put forth when she has one of her meltdowns. It's like he's telling himself, "I have to say this, it's for my kids, I have to say this, we need the money…" I refuse to believe that the voice of reason way back from season one who told Jacqueline and his sisters that they were acting like idiots when they were ganging up on Danielle is gone. There's a reason why he keeps turning a blind eye to his wife's crazy.

Not much to say about Dolores, I did like the kitchen remodel, but it's nothing spectacular. Gray seems to be the color of the decade when it comes to renos. I did chuckle a bit when she made her speech about her new found independence and life blah blah blah, all the while smooching her ex-husband, who paid for the whole thing. I see you, Dolo. Keep riding that gravy train, honey. And she just wins because of her Grandma. God bless her, makes me miss both of my grandmas.

Oh Siggy, I used to like you, but then I realized the reason I liked you was because I had only experienced you in small doses. She is ridiculous and overbearing. Her logic for not spending time with her mother was ridiculous. It makes me really curious as to why she has carried this "relationship expert" title with such pride, because she seems to know very little about them: family, romantic, friendships etc. But I guess everything sounds like a big deal when you throw "expert" at the end *shrug* And I was HORRIFIED when she told that crowd of people that her son came out of her cookie. I mean, that's obvious and I know we as parents say and do things that embarrass our teens, but geez, draw a line somewhere, Sig!

Edited by Angelsmom1009
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

You can move on without lying and making someone telling the truth look bad. My guess is Tre has told her brother and sister-in-law what they can and can't do to stay in front of the camera and they are following orders.

No you can't, not with Crazy Jac and Mel knows that. She knew once she fed the beast it would never end. I don't believe for one second Melissa would defer to "commands" from Tre regarding what she can and cannot say on the show. Tre may be the queen bee but Andy would never ever boot the Gorgas off the show. Even if Tre refused to film with them Andy would just give the Gorgas their own storyline and segments. Not to mention I think Tre is smart enough to realize that Mel and Joe bring a lot to the show and there's a good chance there would be no story/show without them. I think the Guidices and Gorgas are just plain tired of all the fighting. Real life shit hit the fan when Tre and Joe were convicted and I think they all realized how petty and stupid all the arguing had been and the effect it had on them, their parents and their kids.

• Love 5

Deciding to leave the past where it belongs and moving forward for the sake of your family isn't fake.  The Guidices & Gorgas both decided to bury the hatchet and move forward as a family.  Part of doing that it leaving the old arguments behind.  The attempt by Jacq & others to bring them up is (rightfully) falling on deaf ears.  If Jacq truly wanted a friendship with Tre, she would respect that (not that I believe she truly does), her jealously is palpable.

That shirt was bullshit.  If you're sick, stay home.  Chris looked crazy demanding an apology for his wife.    

• Love 11

Richie is gross.  His tasteless jokes about a foursome are gross, becuase 1) Him suggesting a foursome is icky and 2) even if your are into kinky shit, it's his Wife's sister, which should be out of bounds even for the experimental crowd.  But he thinks it's hilarious enough to keep repeating.  What's skeevy about it is that Rosies GF is pretty, she's acceptable looks-wise in Richie's eyes, she's sexy, not butch looking, so he is essentially saying that he finds her hot enough to be sexually desirable.  The entire thing is so creepy and inappropriate.

Jaq - ugh I am so embarrassed for her.  I love how the camera help showing her adjusting her t-shirt, desperately hoping to be noticed.  But then when everyone was ignoring her she got weepy and pouty and left to go sit in the car, then beeps the horn like a child.  

• Love 7

Jacq has some serious mental health problems. 

Chris has even more issues than Jacq to stay with someone so sick and defend her.  Although he might be keeping Jacq close because of his children...but he seemed pretty genuine when he defended her to Joe Go.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

Her logic for not spending time with her mother was ridiculous. It makes me really curious as to why she has carried this "relationship expert" title with such pride, because she seems to know very little about them: family, romantic, friendships etc. But I guess everything sounds like a big deal when you throw "expert" at the end *shrug* 

That entire scene was hard to watch.  I did not get the impression at all that Siggy was "hearing" her Mom.  She came across as really shallow and superficial.  Wanting to do a girls spa day with her mom.  Her mom seemed to me like she was saying she does not need much in life and if not into the same type of things that Siggy is into.  And I don't think there are ever too many instances in anyone's life where you are justified in leaning into your mother from across the table and saying to her "I don't like spending time with you, because it makes me too sad".  Yuk.  Not cool.  Siggy always seems very on.  1st year housewife I suppose, very camera-aware.

• Love 3

Richie is gross.  His tasteless jokes about a foursome are gross

He chided people for having dirty minds via Twitter, saying that he was talking about TENNIS, not sex. I don't buy it. The way Kathy calmly asked Teresa "is Rich the problem?" a few episodes ago made me wonder if she's used to him costing her closer relationships.

On a side note, are mink eyelashes a common thing? I'd never heard of them before! Dolores looked stunning.

• Love 1

Mink eyelashes are supposed to be the bomb.

Tre will get better as a yoga teacher. Not many people start teaching and are wonderful at first. It takes time and practice. And I say this as someone who taught quilting for over 20 years. It takes time. She said she was "working" on her certification not that she had it. 

I'm loving Melissa and Joe. Wait a pig just flew past my window. Oh never mind, it's just Jac.

• Love 9

He chided people for having dirty minds via Twitter, saying that he was talking about TENNIS, not sex. I don't buy it.

If you're going to be a POS perv, just own it Richie.  LOL.  What a low-life.

I guess his wife also has a dirty mind since she was scolding him for the comment when he said it.... sure!!

Edited by FamilyVan

When the Wakiles showed up at the party, my mouth let out an involuntary and gutteral, "WHYYY?"

Siggy is a fascinating case study in egomania.

Jo Gorga is everything that's wrong with patriarchal masculinity wrapped up in one meatball-like package, but he was the voice of reason in that conversation with Chris. 

• Love 2

Tre not yet having her certification makes more sense to me. One of the things they do teach you during those programs is how to create sequences for your class and they have you practice teaching. She was pretty abysmal, but good for her if she really is looking to do it professionally. Her name would be a draw and god knows she looks damned good and doesn't seem to be flipping tables post-yoga so that's good. 

Yeah, doing yoga in front of a bunch of dudes gawking at you doesn't really scream "ladies night" to me. Fail.

I think Siggy is a narcissist and can only see things through her own lens and will never change. I don't know how anyone can stand to be around her and I really need her off of my tv. I'd rather watch Richie so that tells you how much I can't stand her. 

• Love 4

You can move on without lying and making someone telling the truth look bad. 

You can also refuse to engage in a tired old issue in public with an unhinged woman who is grasping at whatever dirt she thinks will bolster her tenuous position--and because she's Jacqueline, she doesn't understand that if you want to "move on" as they say, you cannot just keep bringing up old infractions every time something doesn't go your way. Lying or not about "strippergate" or nose jobs, there's something to be said for recognizing appropriate time and place, not to mention being a tactful, well-behaved grownup (though I do enjoy when they are all being terrible). It would have been monumentally dumb for Melissa to even follow Jacqueline down that road if her goal is to move forward into some harmony with her sister-in-law after years of acrimony, and especially if she no longer even gives a fuck about those things.  

Like I wondered earlier, what does she even want? If everyone were to stand up and say "I did this Bad Thing when I used to be mad at Teresa," what exactly does that get Jacqueline?

Can we really accurately judge the crappiness of Teresa's yoga class? I mean, it was clearly edited down and choppy; no class is two minutes long, including random relationship speeches and smoothies in martini glasses.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

I think the heart of the continued Tre/Kathy/Rosie issue is what was said at the reunion.  They each dealt some really low blows at the others' parents - I know I'd say sayonara after that.  Even Melissa's strippergate reveal (which I believe was a setup on Tre) isn't the same as calling out somebody's beloved parent. And worse because it was within the family -- you might even forgive an acquaintance/colleague for dissing your family member... but another family member?  And then Rosie and Kathy filmed a segment with their mom basically saying the Giudices had it coming which, though true, was really going out of their way to put family business/controversy on front street.  So screw them. She was willing to give them civil behavior in public and not re-engage privately, which you have to admit is pretty sophisticated for Teresa.

I do miss the lighter side of Rosie, but she has rage issues every bit as big as Teresa does/did.

• Love 5
(edited)

She was pretty abysmal, but good for her if she really is looking to do it professionally.

I'm rooting for Teresa to find a legit career that she enjoys; since yoga helps people feel good, even better. I don't know how many more bestsellers she has up her sleeve, but eventually, RHONJ is going to get cancelled and she's going to need money, especially without a second income. 

I think Siggy is a narcissist and can only see things through her own lens and will never change.

I read an interview with Siggy recently (either the Daily News or Post, I can't remember). She and her first husband had pretty much the same personality and they fought to be the center of attention in their marriage. I can't imagine how exhausting that was, but at least they both recognized it and parted ways. Siggy reminds me of that old joke, "But enough about me! Let's talk about you...what do you think of me?"

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, archer1267 said:

I read an interview with Siggy recently (either the Daily News or Post, I can't remember). She and her first husband had pretty much the same personality and they fought to be the center of attention in their marriage. I can't imagine how exhausting that was, but at least they both recognized it and parted ways.

I gotta hand it to Siggy for at least being self-aware.  Most narcissists aren't at all.

8 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I'm rooting for Teresa to find a legit career that she enjoys; since yoga helps people feel good, even better. I don't know how many more bestsellers she has up her sleeve, but eventually, RHONJ is going to get cancelled and she's going to need money, especially without a second income. 

I read an interview with Siggy recently (either the Daily News or Post, I can't remember). She and her first husband had pretty much the same personality and they fought to be the center of attention in their marriage. I can't imagine how exhausting that was, but at least they both recognized it and parted ways. Siggy reminds me of that old joke, "But enough about me! Let's talk about you...what do you think of me?"

Teresa won me over when she explained why she wanted to teach-its the same reason most people get into teaching yoga. You want to share it with everyone because it has done so much for you. Its the same reason I started teaching

The class was too edited to really see how she taught but I think she was pretty on par for a brand new not quite certified teachers. I train some of our yoga teachers and trust me she could have done a lot worse. I think after some practice she will be just fine :-) 

• Love 7
On 10/24/2016 at 0:06 PM, kassa said:

Yes, I really do hand it to him.  For all his faults, I think he was telling the truth -- he got his family back (first his parents when Tre was "away" and now Tre and the girls) and that's all he wanted and he's happy.  Not only the examples ESCAPE gives above, but also in the flashbacks to VT when Jac was going nuts on Melissa, he didn't break a sweat or even furrow his brow.  He loves his wife and knew she could handle the crazy (or maybe he was thinking about Jac's boobs or something and had turned the sound off).

Right behind Joe Gorga for the win in this episode is Dolores' grandma, amusingly sitting mid-frame in that throne chair behind all the action on the sofa.  

For what it's worth, any time I've lost my voice the way Jac did, I felt absolutely FINE. It's like the worse you sound, the more sympathy you get, when in reality, you feel just fine and that's the only thing that's affected.  Kind of the annoying reverse of when you feel like complete crap but you look good because you've got some color (aka fever).   

This!  I lose my voice almost every time I get a bad cold. The thing is, I always start losing it as I'm feeling better.  So of course I sound horrible but I'm actually feeling way better.  And people  are always "oh you poor thing,  you've been sick for so long". 

Jaq is the most immature adult I have ever seen. 

I can't believe how much I enjoy Melissa and Jo now! 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

Richie is gross.  His tasteless jokes about a foursome are gross, becuase 1) Him suggesting a foursome is icky and 2) even if your are into kinky shit, it's his Wife's sister, which should be out of bounds even for the experimental crowd.  But he thinks it's hilarious enough to keep repeating.  What's skeevy about it is that Rosies GF is pretty, she's acceptable looks-wise in Richie's eyes, she's sexy, not butch looking, so he is essentially saying that he finds her hot enough to be sexually desirable.  The entire thing is so creepy and inappropriate.

Yea, Ritchie doesn't want a foursome. He just wants an excuse to bang Rosie's gf. As if she'd have him. I don't know how Kathy tolerates him. 

5 hours ago, archer1267 said:

On a side note, are mink eyelashes a common thing? I'd never heard of them before! Dolores looked stunning.

Ew, I'd never heard of them. Poor minks. Haven't they suffered enough?

4 hours ago, ladle said:

When the Wakiles showed up at the party, my mouth let out an involuntary and gutteral, "WHYYY?"

Me too! Same thing when Kim D walked in, but at least we didn't really see her after that. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Ashlee "designed"the shirt Jac wore:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacLaurita/status/790366059085848577?p=v

So she typed some words into Cafe Press's website? okay. 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 1:39 PM, kassa said:

There was some editing wonkiness going on -- the video showed Milania tearing up the driveway solo.  But Gia said "they" are going so fast.  Then Joe was addressing Milania and Audrianna was on the back.  My guess is that they didn't have the shot of the two of them speeding, so they had Milania re-create it. Or they had it from some other day when she was wearing the same clothes.  Thought Joe handled it well, though.

That was my conclusion. Jac did the scut work, running around passing out fliers.  But she's also a Housewife.  So when the event happens, and two other Housewives are just going to swan in as featured guests, and she doesn't merit so much as a "special appearance by Jacqueline Laurita!" footnote, she knows she's been elbowed to the side.

The sad thing is, if she wanted to, she could have slapdashed some kind of inspirational "How to carve out time for yourself when you have a special needs child" lecture.  Of course you'd hope she could get through such a speech without sobbing,which hasn't been the case so far.  But it's not like if she had something to actually offer they couldn't have worked her in somehow.

I don't think that was the right venue for a speech about dealing with a special needs child because it didn't apply to most - if any - of the participants. 

When I compare my view of tre to my yoga treachers, past and present, I absolutely can not imagine her in anywhere near the same desire to teach and improve the lives of her students as those I have the privilege to have as my instructors....she is in it for the $$$$, nothing else...she's clever enough to know that her 'appeal' on RHNJ is fast coming to an end, and she is simply seeking some means of  sucking more people into buying whatever she is selling...I don't know anything about those who have granted her whatever 'certifications' she has/claims to have, but .... well, I'm just NOT buying it - any of it.

• Love 1

However, I still say that scene would have been perceived much differently by some before this season, in a similar way as to how Jac calling out Melissa's plastic surgery was seen as a bad thing, even though Melissa's nose and "horsey face" had been fodder for years by those on "Team Teresa".

Adding to/correcting my previous post: maybe a better analogy would've been to compare Melissa's snatching of the phone to Caroline and Jac "disciplining" Gia at the game day.

Can we really accurately judge the crappiness of Teresa's yoga class?

Probably in as much as one can judge how good it was, I suppose. At this point in filming, I assume most of what Teresa knew about yoga was learned from whatever inmate was leading the prison classes and/or any instructional books she may have read.

I don't know how many more bestsellers she has up her sleeve, but eventually, RHONJ is going to get cancelled and she's going to need money, especially without a second income. 

Speaking of her books, I noticed in this episode there was one displayed upright on the kitchen counter. I guess she has to hustle her goods any way she can, but it looked lame.

• Love 1

Probably in as much as one can judge how good it was, I suppose. At this point in filming, I assume most of what Teresa knew about yoga was learned from whatever inmate was leading the prison classes and/or any instructional books she may have read.

Yeah--I'm not assuming it was great or anything, just that I can't really make a guess. I'm sure a lot of people went for the fact that it was her, or the gym didn't charge them at all so the room would be full. Who knows? I can't say shit because as far as any kind of workout goes, I'm a lazy fool.

3 hours ago, jaync said:

Adding to/correcting my previous post: maybe a better analogy would've been to compare Melissa's snatching of the phone to Caroline and Jac "disciplining" Gia at the game day.

Speaking of her books, I noticed in this episode there was one displayed upright on the kitchen counter. I guess she has to hustle her goods any way she can, but it looked lame.

Tre asked Milania to put the phone down and Melania ignored her so Melissa, who was seated next to her, took it away to help Tre. Caro and Jac were not helping, they were being their usual bitchy selves and picking on a child because they don't like her mother. Big difference, IMO.

If I had a product I was trying to sell, like Tre with her books, and I had a tv platform to show it off, albeit subtly in the background, you bet your ass I'd do it! Anyone would be a fool not to take advantage of that platform.

• Love 11

Maybe the book is sold through the Bravo site? Who cares--I see no issue with displaying something viewed as a personal accomplishment; people hang high-school diplomas on the wall and shit like that (not me--no idea where mine got to, ahahhaaaa!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8