Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: It's About Frank

A lot of flashbacks with Frank, Annalise, and the return of Sam! I liked them enough. I was always intrigued with Frank, and they gave us...something. 

So, I had a thought during the scene with Bonnie/Frank talking in the motel room about him going back. I realized that Laurel's future pregnancy could have been a parallel to Annalise's own pregnancy. Something that Bonnie said about Frank killing Annalise's baby made me think about if Annalise set the fire. What if the body under the sheet was not the intended target? If she set the fire, what if Laurel was pregnant with Frank's baby after all and Annalise was trying to get revenge by killing Laurel's baby, but underestimated how big the fire would get? 

It's really odd, though, because when is Laurel going to get pregnant? Is she only going to be two weeks along by the time the fire starts? I guess she would have to, right? 

I wasn't that into the Keating 5 storyline, but Michaela's smackdown of Laptop Boy (I can't remember his name) was pretty awesome. Especially when it was discovered that he made the posters. 

The Bonne/Frank scenes were easily my favourite of the episode. I didn't expect them to sleep together; yet, it makes perfect sense. Just some good scenes right there. There's just so much foreshadowing to Frank's death, though. 

This whole Wes/Annalise relationship is really odd. I honestly thought they were going to kiss at one point. Also, Laurel/Wes is still weird to me. Of course as Wes says that he'll break up with Meggy for Laurel, she reveals the Frank thing. 

So, Michaela's revealed to be alive, leaving Connor, Frank, Wes, and Nate as the last viable options. I'm going to hesitantly cross off Connor on the list because of the phone thing at Michaela's. Which leaves Frank, Wes, and Nate. This episode made me switch from suspecting it was Nate to Frank. He's now the frontrunner for the death, but Nate is a close second. His role on the show seems so pointless, but it would absolutely entice the emotional reaction from Annalise. He may be attractive, but I barely noticed that he was only in one scene. He provides next to nothing to the show. If Frank's alive, I'm assuming that's who was on the other line with Bonnie. I don't know who else she'd call. Maybe Wes? Certainly not Nate. 

• Love 9

Loved this episode.  It was a showcase for Viola Davis.  I hope she submits this one for her Emmy reel.  Loved the exchanges between her and her friends at the hair salon.   The banter just seemed so real and natural and funny.  Drunk Annalise dancing with the vodka bottle was awesome.

The imitation of Southern hillbilly Michaela was also great. "Louisiana farmer or Georgian peach picker" and "Beyoncé Southern or Deliverance Southern". Too funny.

Who would Bonnie be talking to on the phone to tell that Laurel is pregnant?  Makes sense that it can only be Frank or Wes.  We know that the body in the house is a man.  So that only leaves Wes, Connor, Asher or Nate as the victim.  I guess it could be Simon, but Annalise wouldn't have reacted the way she did if it was him.  I'm not even sure if she'd scream that much for Connor or Asher.  I'm still hoping it's Wes.

• Love 6

I'm so glad this show cast Lauren Velez.

She's such a tremendous talent.

I hope she's not a 'one and done,' because she's given quite a bit of depth to, what would be a stock character, in a lesser actor's hands.

• Love 12

Brett Butler! Ha! She must have a thing for fire. 

(Yes, I know her awful past. I hope she's doing better... and nothing untoward these days.)

2 minutes ago, Dee said:

I hope she's not a 'one and done,' because she's given quite a bit of depth to, what would be a stock character, in a lesser actor's hands.

I was wondering if she was the one from Dexter or the twin sister of the one from Dexter. Now I know she's the former. They're both good.

• Love 4

I'm really leaning towards the body being Frank after this episode. I mean we finally get Frank's backstory and there is NO way after finding out that Frank killed Annalise's baby that he can come back and work for her It's funny at this point I'm kind of taking Nate out of the picture. I don't think he would be that big of a surprise at this point. I don't think that would shock viewers. He's kind of been a sidepiece of this show. Especially with him and Annalise on the outs. I think Bonnie is talking to Asher on the phone. Here's my big issue though why the HELL is Meggie telling them that she was pregnant????!! She has NO right to do that. That's breaking patient/doc confidentiality. They aren't family so they have no right to know. 

• Love 11

How cool, I think that was the actress/comedian Brett Butler playing Michaela's mother. She said she was adopted right?

I loved the hairdresser scene, that was awesome. Showing Anna's cornrows and the sewing in of the weave. Too bad she threw up on it, that was gross. My lord Anna, Bonnie, and Frank are not well. These are some severely damaged folks. It would be solely sad if everything else on this show didn't have me on the edge of my seat.  Mary J Blige was good.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Dee said:

Yes,  I agree . The show needs a character who's not in the inner circle. Velez plays the character as more than just an antagonist stock character . 

• Love 7

I just don't want it to be Connor. I think Oliver would be much more devastated, but at the same time, why is his phone at Michaela's and why did he not answer it? Unless he left it there before hand.

I could stand to lose Wes or Nate, even Frank, but Connor would be sad if it's him. I love his role on the show and I love his relationship with Oliver.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I don't want it to be Frank. I enjoy his character. Does that make me as deranged as him??

I don't like him but I don't think liking him makes you deranged . 

The person I think is most deranged is Sam. He was supposed to be a professional - a doctor and professor. He took advantage of people in his charge. He impregnated his student and had her killed. He rescued Frank from prison only to have him be his hit man. And let's not even get started on Annalise .  A broken woman,  victim of sexual abuse. Since when is it ok to marry your patient? And then tell her you knew she'd be easy. 

• Love 22

I loved the Bonnie/Frank scenes.

I don't think we have heard the end of the flyer thing. If that's it, I'll be kind of disappointed.

Confirmation that Eve is not the body! Makes me happy. I suppose that also rules out the university president, the prosecutor and Annalise's mother, although they were all pretty far down on the list of possibilities.

Good to see more about Frank's backstory. I wonder if that is why his father uses a wheelchair? He's seriously messed up, though. I don't care what Sam says, it's not normal to attempt pre-meditated patricide for losing a TV in your room. I'm not convinced Frank is a sociopath, but there is something up with him.

• Love 8

Nice seeing Brett Butler as Michaela's mother. I loved her southern smackdown of that guy and Conner and Asher's teasing her. 

I liked seeing Sam again. 

I was expecting the Frank not being gone comment from Laurel to mean she knows she's pregnant with his baby? What's the point of telling Wes that Frank is in Coalport. I can't stand the forced Wes/Laurel love, they worked better at friends. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I loved the Bonnie/Frank scenes.

I don't think we have heard the end of the flyer thing. If that's it, I'll be kind of disappointed.

Confirmation that Eve is not the body! Makes me happy. I suppose that also rules out the university president, the prosecutor and Annalise's mother, although they were all pretty far down on the list of possibilities.

Good to see more about Frank's backstory. I wonder if that is why his father uses a wheelchair? He's seriously messed up, though. I don't care what Sam says, it's not normal to attempt pre-meditated patricide for losing a TV in your room. I'm not convinced Frank is a sociopath, but there is something up with him.

I think it was implied that Frank's father sexually abused him.  That was his special bond with Bonnie.  Also his real reason for attempting to kill his father. And maybe another reason to kill Bonnie's father. The tv excuse for attempting to kill his father was to save face from admitting to being a incest victim.  Frank is still a sociopath IMHO.  I really like the character and the actor so I really hope he isn't under sheet but I think he is likely to be the one.  He has had a good run this part of the season.  

• Love 8

I am so confused about Annalise and Sam's marriage.  They showed so many flashbacks with the two of them that I was really getting bogged down in trying to understand.  Annalise mentioned something about Sam pushing her to get IVF treatments.  But I thought we were supposed to think that Sam arranged for Annalise's accident so she would miscarry?

Also, did anyone understand Frank's reasoning for having Wes there for his biological father's shooting?  Made no sense.

I found myself bizarrely shipping Frank and Bonnie, which is sick because they are both awful people.  (Of course, on this show, who isn't?)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

What just happened in this episode? The flashbacks gave me whiplash. And now I have more questions than answers. 

Well, we found out that Anni knew Frank was a killer from jump street, and (presumably) the debt that Sam called on to get Frank to murder Lila was getting Anni to work her magic and get him out of prison. And that back in the day Frank was not a full-on sociopath because he could cry in regret. Perhaps he became one under Sam's tutelage, or just by doing bad stuff for Anni, because he's sure one now.

We found out that Sam really was pushing for Anni to have a kid, including the possibility of in vitro fertilization. @Blue Plastic, as far as we are supposed to believe, the Mahoneys hired a fixer who gave Frank a briefcase full of cash to bug Anni, and used the information from the bug to arrange the accident. Their motive seemingly was that they were concerned about how Anni was handling their case and thought she might turn on her or spill the beans that Daddy Mahoney was sleeping with Wes's mom.

We found out that Bonnie has a sister, and that Bonnie's pretty OK with Frank murdering her molester dad. OK enough to sleep with him. I'm assuming it's a first time, but who knows? We also learned that Frank was willing to pull a hit it and quit it.

We found out that (IMO) that Nate still hasn't gotten over Anni despite hitting it with the A.D.A. (Is there a nickname for non-Smugface?)

We saw that Frank confessed to killing Mahoney in front of Wes to set him up as a suspect in the hopes of preventing Anni from coming after him. Which doesn't make a ton of sense, and in any case didn't work.

We found out that the person behind the Anni killer fliers was, somewhat predictably, the only non-Keating 5 student who has a speaking role. I've been trying to figure out if we are supposed to be thinking that he's gay. Anyway, no particular reason why he would have put those fliers up, or left incriminating evidence on his computer. 

We had it confirmed that Wes is just not into Meggy, that Meggy's dad is somewhat of a douche, and was willing to kick her to the curb for a shot at Laurel. It seems Laurel is still pining for Frank. 

We found out that Michaela hates her parents and thinks they are trash, and that at least one of them is white. I think it could lead to interesting layers for her, possibly.

We found out Anni has a bunch of friends at the beauty salon. And that her self-destructive tendencies run deep. We dodged a bullet because drunken Anni did not put any moves on Wes....I thought the show was fo sho going there.

We saw that Anni got her groove back. (Personally, I would just have taken the settlement in cash rather than continue teaching at Murder Central). I'm wondering if there's going to be a Anni/Prez ship. 

We now know that the body under the sheet is a male thanks to the TV report. We have affirmatively seen that Laurel (just barely), Michaela, Bonnie, and Oliver are still alive. Because the person under the sheet is male, we know can safely guess that Eve is safe.  We haven't heard anything at all about Nate, Wes, Frank, or Asher.  For all we know, though, it could be the dude from the class or some other cheat. It could be Anni's dad. It could be Mahoney Jr. for all we know. But if I had to guess, it was probably Nate.

And we know that Laurel is pregnant...80 percent chance the dad is Frank, 15 percent chance that it's Wes, and 5 percent it's someone else.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 15

I loved this episode. Best in awhile IMO Confirmed for me that the adults are so much better than the students. They all really can go except WES ONLY because he works well with Annalese. Loved Loved Loved the Bonnie/frank scenes just hate that it leaves the door open for wes and laurel, a pairing I really dont like. I don't buy them as a romantic pair for one, and two, wes would just be a huge fool to leave Meggy for Laurel. Meggy could do better though.

• Love 7

This was easily my favorite episode this season. From that first hug Frank and Bonnie brought it. He looked like he really didn't know what she was going to do until she said thank you, like surely part of him knew she would. Before the season started, I thought a likely reveal would be that they kept in touch. This ep reminded me why while also reminding me of that ep when they were holding hands while they talked in the office.

I liked that Bonnie didn't even pretend to give him a pass for his involvement in Annalise's car crash. It's so fittingly messed up though that she didn't care about him shooting Mahoney, just that he stupidly took Wes with him. It was a nice parallel to his moronic self-sabotaging prison reasoning. She was fighting a losing battle to get him to come home. He was a nerve-riddled, self-despising shadow of last season's Frank.

Liza Weil was killer listening to Frank's fantasy. She's been knocking it out of the park this season. At the end I think Bonnie thought maybe they could figure something out, but she seemed to miss that for once she's dealing with someone more unstable than she is. Listening to them I couldn't help but think that it all sounded great, right up until one of them murdered somebody else.

If I'd read before the ep that they were going to sleep together I think I would have been shocked but watching it play out, it made a lot of very sad sense. It was an extension of their fantasies about being somewhere safe and happy together as a couple and family. I am really looking forward to their next scene together now. I'm going to be pissed if it's about Laurel. Regardless of that cut to her at the end, there was no romantic betrayal in this ep.

1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

I think it was implied that Frank's father sexually abused him.  That was his special bond with Bonnie.  Also his real reason for attempting to kill his father. And maybe another reason to kill Bonnie's father. The tv excuse for attempting to kill his father was to save face from admitting to being a incest victim.  Frank is still a sociopath IMHO.  I really like the character and the actor so I really hope he isn't under sheet but I think he is likely to be the one.  He has had a good run this part of the season.  

I didn't get that. I thought the parallels were that they both have some sociopathic tendencies, massive daddy issues and the bad luck to meet Sam. Speaking of, Annalise needs to get out of that house. Bonnie is showing some perspective on Sam but Annalise is too close. After the flashbacks, I get why she would want to burn down that house.

Interesting that Annalise thinks Bonnie has a decent relationship with her sister. That's such a normal mislead when you want to be left alone about something. I'm loving Annalise and Bonnie this season. With the cutback in drama, they seem a lot more like friends with a tight bond. Of course all this with Frank is going to screw that up  but it was fun while it lasted. You suck Wes. Laurel too, if for only for that random lie to Bonnie at the beginning about being in her car.

I didn't expect Annalise to give being sober even a passing shot so her throwing out the alcohol was a surprise. Did she know the president was going to be at that AA meeting? She seemed surprised but she pulled out her agenda in classic Annalise fashion. She probably did. She wouldn't be Annalise if she didn't try to burn down every potentially positive relationship she's got. Sincerely thank you show, for not having her move on Wes.

I wonder if Mikayla's white trash adoptive family has anything to do with her determination to marry the 'black prince' in S1. Going from the disdain in her voice, girl's got some kind of major issue about them.

• Love 11
  • I found it interesting that this episode was basically a character study for Annalise and Frank. Abandoning a COTW, putting the students to the back burner a little (while having the adults at the center), and the exploration of Frank's backstory and how he came into the lives of the Keatings.
  • Michaela's laptop heist was a great hunch. I guess it was predictable that the new student was the one behind it, but I did love Michaela handing him his ass in the classroom. Lord knows he's had that coming from the Keating 5 for weeks now.
  • I must of missed it before that Michaela was adopted. Can't exactly remember a line of dialogue about that.
  • I know some people aren't exactly on board with Laurel/Wes, but I quite like them. Of course I appreciated their friendship more, and I didn't think a romance was necessary, but I haven't really hated the angle. The actors/characters have a nice chemistry, and I enjoy scenes between them. At the very least they've had more of a foundation for the possibility of a romance than Michaela/Asher.
  • Finally, I just find Nate soooo boring. He really adds nothing to the show, especially if him and Annalise aren't together. I think this is the perfect time to give him a long overdue exit.
Edited by teenj12
  • Love 11

Whew!  When Bonnie was on the phone, I thought we were on our way to being shown that Frank or Wes was still alive.  Then, when Oliver was trying to call Connor, I thought that we were on the way to seeing him alive.  I was so damn happy to see Michaela turn up alive instead.  She was the last one I wanted to see safe.  Well, that's not true.  I still hold out some hope for Nate, too.  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea due to how boring he sometimes comes off, but I like him just fine.  I hope he's the next one revealed to be alive.

So it was Simon, the kid bitter about not being first chair, who has been putting up the Flyers. Lame.  I really thought it would be Nate trying to ruin Annalise.

Michaela has white parents?  Never would have guessed it.

So we have Oliver, Bonnie, Laurel, and now Michaela revealed as alive.  That leaves Wes, Frank, Nate, Asher, and Connor unaccounted for.  And the news report confirmed that the victim is indeed male.  So everyone can breathe a sigh of relief that Eve will be safe.

7 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I think Connor is pretty much alive. It has to be either Frank, Wes or Nate. It's strange that Oliver would only call Connor now.

I don't know.  Connor's threats in next week's preview have me pretty sure he's the one heading for a trip off the mortal coil.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 3

I'm all over the place with "Who's Under The Sheet."  On the one hand I THINK they're trying to coerce us into believing it's either Wes (because we now know he was, at least at one point that night, in Annalise's house) OR they're trying to coerce us into believing it's Connor by putting SO much Oliver in the show (he's at the fire, he's at the hospital, he can't find Connor...etc).  The Wes/Connor red herring makes me think the body's Asher since we haven't seen too much of him and it appears as if they're trying to divert our attention elsewhere and put Asher out of our minds to make us forget he's still a possibility.

However, I'm also back to thinking the body actually IS Connor and here's why:  We know that Michaela has Connor's phone but we don't know how that came about or why that's written in the script.  I'm guessing Michaela accidently picked up Connor's phone and so deductive reasoning tells me that he probably picked up hers.  Why would they put that in the storyline?... I wondered. 

I'm thinking that at some point in time it will be revealed that Asher is alive and since Asher's dating Michaela, we're going to see Asher find out about the fire at Annalise's, and worrying about Michaela's welfare, we're going to hear him say he has to call Michaela to check on her.  He calls her phone but there's no answer.  Asher's getting increasingly worried -- almost frantic! 

Just then the scene cuts to the cold interior of a morgue.  We see a body laying on a gurney, covered in a sheet.  No one is around.  It's eerily quiet, except for the ringing of a phone.  The audience is frozen.  We realize it's Connor under that sheet, and that he has Michaela's phone.  And cut. 

(I'mma cry buckets of tears if I lose Connor).  :(

• Love 3

I never liked Oliver and Nate and wanted either of them to be the one under the sheet. I wanted Oliver gone because he ruined Conner's character for me, it was too early in season one to bring in true love for conner, and that made most of his story revolve around oliver. I am happy now that they are broken up, I hope the never get back together. Nate is just boring, he adds nothing to the show and I don't find him sexy.

But I'm starting to think that non of the regulars are under the sheet, but that doesn't mean one of them is not going to die. I think, once who is under the sheet is revealed and we all sigh in relief then bam! one of the regulars will die, and right now I think it might be Laurel or Nate. I like Laurel, so it Better be Nate or Oliver, if I'm lucky it would be both.

I really like Bonnie/Frank. Its ironic that I initially didn't care about both, but now I do.

I don't know how I feel about Wes and his girlfriend.

I love Michaela/Asher/Conner. I can't wait to get more insight on Michaela's background, and I love her scenes this episode.

8 hours ago, blackwing said:

Loved this episode.  It was a showcase for Viola Davis.  I hope she submits this one for her Emmy reel.  Loved the exchanges between her and her friends at the hair salon.   The banter just seemed so real and natural and funny.  Drunk Annalise dancing with the vodka bottle was awesome.

I really loved the scene at the beginning at the hair salon.  See, this is what people mean when they want diversity on TV.  It's not enough to have a black token character, but to have their lives as well; and the scene at the hair salon made me smile because it was so real, right down to the man who came in to sell the DVD's.  And, great seeing Mary J. Blige, AND Brett Butler as Michaela's mom!

I wonder who Bonnie was talking to; I can't imagine it's Frank because Frank really hurt her by leaving and I can't imagine her wanting to talk to him again because I really think that Bonnie might have run away with him, had he not run off.  Now that we know it's a male under the sheet, I think Frank is the one who's dead, hey, maybe Bonnie set the fire.

Maybe I'm weird, but I have no problems with the flashbacks; my mother stopped watching because she had issues with them too, maybe it's just the way some people are wired. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 17

Viola and Liz were both amazing this week; clear some space on your shelves, ladies!

Drake being the flyers culprit was dumb, and I couldnt give two shits about Nate banging the DA, but everything else was amazing.  

I want Connor's green shirt.

At this point Im going to guess whichever of Wes and Frank isnt the father of Laurel's baby is the one under the sheet.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, doram said:

Last season. It was one of the reasons why she bonded with Caleb Hapstall. 

Ah, thanks. Didn't care at all for the Hapstalls or Michaela/Caleb, so it's not a wonder I missed that.

• Love 2

Right now I think Frank is dead and Annalise and Bonnie killed him.  Annalise wants Frank dead because of what happened to her unborn baby and Bonnie wants him dead because she probably feels he betrayed her; she slept with him, he split and Bonnie probably felt like a fool.  I was pissed at Frank for that.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

How cool, I think that was the actress/comedian Brett Butler playing Michaela's mother. She said she was adopted right?

I loved the hairdresser scene, that was awesome. Showing Anna's cornrows and the sewing in of the weave. Too bad she threw up on it, that was gross. My lord Anna, Bonnie, and Frank are not well. These are some severely damaged folks. It would be solely sad if everything else on this show didn't have me on the edge of my seat.  Mary J Blige was good.

I really appreciated Mary J Blige's lines about taking a long time to get her act together. It felt genuine, quite possibly because it's real.  Annalise would do better if she had actual girlfriends to chat and hang out with. It seems to do her really well. Just like the way Eve brings out the best in her. It's a romantic relationship between them but I see an underlying friendship without which the romance would never be. 

I missed a few seconds of the scene with Michaela's mother but I saw her profile and heard her mention her daughter. I knew she was familiar!  I hope Brett Butler is on the show. It would be great to get more of Michaela's background story - not her love life, but her actual background. I'm looking forward to seeing that. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I don't like him but I don't think liking him makes you deranged . 

The person I think is most deranged is Sam. He was supposed to be a professional - a doctor and professor. He took advantage of people in his charge. He impregnated his student and had her killed. He rescued Frank from prison only to have him be his hit man. And let's not even get started on Annalise .  A broken woman,  victim of sexual abuse. Since when is it ok to marry your patient? And then tell her you knew she'd be easy. 

No one on the show knows that these people were all his patients. Well, Annalise, Frank & Bonnie all know but they're too close to think objectively about it. 

• Love 1

Love the recap, per usual.   Just one little nitpick...

... Which: I know Simon's new, and nobody should expect to have his or her stuff stolen, but in this context of secrets and murrrrrder around every corner, is a passcode too much to expect? Some basic technological literacy from the great legal minds of tomorrow? Oh, it is too much to expect? Okay.

Oliver said he hacked the laptop, so I'm assuming some security measures were there.  Also, I don't think the file was just open.  They probably searched for keywords to find the file with "Annalise" or "Keating" or something and found that jpg.  Which was probably stupidly named something like Keating_Murder_Flier.

(again: you guys, this fold is terrible and you should find another fold)

This, I agree with and should be said so many times.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

A lot of flashbacks with Frank, Annalise, and the return of Sam! I liked them enough. I was always intrigued with Frank, and they gave us...something. 

Flashbacks with Sam help us to understand what truly tortured souls we are dealing with here. They were tortured before he met them but looking at how his relationships with them ended up, knowing they were all in his care – just downright wrong.  

So, I had a thought during the scene with Bonnie/Frank talking in the motel room about him going back. I realized that Laurel's future pregnancy could have been a parallel to Annalise's own pregnancy. Something that Bonnie said about Frank killing Annalise's baby made me think about if Annalise set the fire. What if the body under the sheet was not the intended target? If she set the fire, what if Laurel was pregnant with Frank's baby after all and Annalise was trying to get revenge by killing Laurel's baby, but underestimated how big the fire would get? 

I got the sense that no one knew Laurel was pregnant.

It's really odd, though, because when is Laurel going to get pregnant? Is she only going to be two weeks along by the time the fire starts? I guess she would have to, right? 

The timeline is really fuzzy for me with all the flashbacks. I can’t tell what happened when. I’m thinking Frank is the baby’s father, which is why she’s been trying to find him.

I wasn't that into the Keating 5 storyline, but Michaela's smackdown of Laptop Boy (I can't remember his name) was pretty awesome. Especially when it was discovered that he made the posters. Loved it!

The Bonne/Frank scenes were easily my favourite of the episode. I didn't expect them to sleep together; yet, it makes perfect sense. Just some good scenes right there. There's just so much foreshadowing to Frank's death, though. 

I thought they were great but wish they hadn’t had sex. If they just hugged or held hands, that would have been better.

This whole Wes/Annalise relationship is really odd. I honestly thought they were going to kiss at one point. Also, Laurel/Wes is still weird to me. Of course as Wes says that he'll break up with Meggy for Laurel, she reveals the Frank thing. 
I was glad she cut him off because I don't ship them and I don't want that going any farther than it already is. 

Also, I was stuck between being awestruck by Viola’s acting and being grossed out at the thought of her kissing her student with vomit-mouth. Their relationship is weird. I have no idea why she interacts with him like that sometimes. Do we know why he even went there?

So, Michaela's revealed to be alive, leaving Connor, Frank, Wes, and Nate as the last viable options. I'm going to hesitantly cross off Connor on the list because of the phone thing at Michaela's. Which leaves Frank, Wes, and Nate. This episode made me switch from suspecting it was Nate to Frank. He's now the frontrunner for the death, but Nate is a close second. His role on the show seems so pointless, but it would absolutely entice the emotional reaction from Annalise. He may be attractive, but I barely noticed that he was only in one scene. He provides next to nothing to the show. If Frank's alive, I'm assuming that's who was on the other line with Bonnie. I don't know who else she'd call. Maybe Wes? Certainly not Nate. 

When you say Connor’s off the list, do you mean off the alive list or off the under-the-sheet list? I am not sure what to make of the phone thing. I have so many questions. Why did Michaela have his phone? Whose phone did Annalise ask Oliver to wipe clean? On one hand, I wonder if Connor being dead is the reason Oliver has been added to Annalise's staff - to give him a reason to still be around when Connor's not. 

2 hours ago, doram said:

No, the debt was Frank killing Sam's baby.

Yeah, right? He made that dig about Oliver last episode. But then we find out that he's not dating Oliver. He acts sometimes like a kid pulling ponytails. But I don't know if it's Connnor's specifically or just general envy of not being part of the K5. 

You got that vibe too?! Yay. I'm so down for it. 

Last season. It was one of the reasons why she bonded with Caleb Hapstall. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she previously have a more positive perspective about being adopted and about her adoptive family?  Or am I imagining that? In last night’s episode, she angrily referred to them as the people who raised her.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

Also, did anyone understand Frank's reasoning for having Wes there for his biological father's shooting?  Made no sense.

9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

We saw that Frank confessed to killing Mahoney in front of Wes to set him up as a suspect in the hopes of preventing Anni from coming after him. Which doesn't make a ton of sense, and in any case didn't work.

Until the confession, I thought it was some weird inner working of Frank's tortured mind that he felt he needed to kill Mahoney while his kid was present, like he killed Annalise's kid while she was present.

I am betting the body is Frank or Wes.  Since Laurel is shown to be taken out alive, I am wondering if there was some confrontation b/t Frank & Wes in that house with Laurel present.   Frank and Wes have had an adversarial relationship ever since Whatserface was killed and Wes suspected (and still does?) Frank of killing her.  Wes doesn't trust or like Frank and Frank killed Wes' bio dad in front of him.  And now Laurel is between them. so i am thinking something went down in that house.

As much as Wes is not my favorite, I don't want any of the K5 to die, or Frank either for that matter.  As much as he is some nice glistening eye candy, for me Nate is the most disposable.  I wouldn't miss him really.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, doram said:

It's nitpicking, really, but she seemed to have a more positive attitude about her 'birth parents' and birth parents in general being courageous and caring enough to give out their babies to families that would give them a better life. By inference, that should have meant that she, Michaela, had got a better life with her adopted parents. But also in season 1, she says something to Aiden's mom about being backwater bayou trash and she keeps implying that she 'reinvented' herself at some point in time in her life (probably during college). 

So it's a toss-up. On the one hand, she definitely seems to have positive feelings about adoption in general. On the other hand, she's indicated that she came from a home that she either ran away from / or was ashamed about. 

Ahhh yes, you're bringing that conversation back for me. I guess that leaves room for freedom in her backstory. I didn't get the sense it was anything tragic, just beneath who she wants to be.

By the way, why was she at her mother's house in the first place? Makes me think she's a part of this story with Annalise's house. I don't think Connor is with her because the mother made it seem like it was definitely her daughter's phone (not possibly her daughter's friend's phone). 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, doram said:

Michaela is safe. Laurel is safe. Bonnie is safe. All my babies are safe. #AllIsWell.

I like these three also. Actually, the only people I wouldn't mind being under-the-sheet are Nate and Laptop Dude. And honestly, Frank, too. Because he's too far gone. But them I remember that even if it's a minor character who's under-the-sheet, that will still change the show's course.  The plot will lean toward an investigation/cover-up, or whatever. 

1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Connor was there and left. Maybe he didn't realize the phone fell onto the sofa.

Oh. Did I miss that? I was also doing laundry in between and sometimes missed that were right after the commercial break. So what were Connor & Michaela doing at her mother's house? So then he's not the fire victim either. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Until the confession, I thought it was some weird inner working of Frank's tortured mind that he felt he needed to kill Mahoney while his kid was present, like he killed Annalise's kid while she was present. I don’t think Frank killed Annalise’s kid, did he? I thought he just planted the bug. Which could have gone lots of different ways. If every time someone faked evidence, stole, rigged results, etc. to get a case won, then that means Annalise has killed many, many people. Unless Frank was driving the car that hit Annalise. That would be different then. I can’t remember if we saw who was driving.  

I am betting the body is Frank or Wes.  Since Laurel is shown to be taken out alive, I am wondering if there was some confrontation b/t Frank & Wes in that house with Laurel present.   Frank and Wes have had an adversarial relationship ever since Whatserface was killed and Wes suspected (and still does?) Frank of killing her.  Wes doesn't trust or like Frank and Frank killed Wes' bio dad in front of him.  And now Laurel is between them. so i am thinking something went down in that house.  I think it's Frank. They’ve gone so far with his story that he can’t possibly come back and work or even be a part of anyone’s life (except maybe Laurel’s if she’s carrying their child). Even with Laurel, I don’t see them ever being a family – maybe just someone she sees from time to time because he’s the other parent. But then he’s had sex with Bonnie. And then what was it that he bought from the woman who came to his motel room in the last episode. Some kind of explosive, right?

As much as Wes is not my favorite, I don't want any of the K5 to die, or Frank either for that matter.  As much as he is some nice glistening eye candy, for me Nate is the most disposable.  I wouldn't miss him really. Same here, I want them to remain the K5. However, I do love Wes and would be devastated if he is the fire victim. But then I wonder if there’s a reason we’re seeing Nate with the ADA. Why are we being shown who he’s sleeping with post-Annalise unless it’s somehow part of the main story. If it’s Nate, her history with him, the ADA, etc. will all become part of the new story. I don't want a story that's centered around Nate. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv

If I'd read before the ep that they were going to sleep together I think I would have been shocked but watching it play out, it made a lot of very sad sense. It was an extension of their fantasies about being somewhere safe and happy together as a couple and family. I am really looking forward to their next scene together now. I'm going to be pissed if it's about Laurel. Regardless of that cut to her at the end, there was no romantic betrayal in this ep.

This show hasn't been must see tv for me since season 1, but I tuned in tonight and by god, two of my least favorites are now my absolute favorites and I want them to live and be together and go hiking in Oregon with their animal shelter mutt and a cute baby in a Baby Bjorn, and maybe only kill every full moon or so! So of course, Frank will be the goner. I thought that their "love" scene was so poignant and I felt really bad for Bonnie after she realized Frank left.  I"m not saying that its romantic that Frank killed her skeezy father, but I'm not NOT saying it either.  There is something about Shondaland that makes me root the hardest for damaged, violent, semi-sociopathic men.  And if there is a damaged, semi-sociopathic woman by his side, then all the better!  I can't even tell you, its a sickness.

I loved the hairdresser scene as well.  Not only Mary J. Blige, but Hi Geena from Martin!  Hi DeLonda from The Wire! They both seem too big of actresses to just appear in that one scene, so I would love to see them return at some point.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, love2lovebadtv said:

what was it that he bought from the woman who came to his motel room in the last episode. Some kind of explosive, right?

I also thought it was an explosive at first, but then it turned out to be the gas he used to kill Bonnie's father.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I also thought it was an explosive at first, but then it turned out to be the gas he used to kill Bonnie's father.

Ohhhh, ok. That makes sense. I didn't realize he took anything to her father's hospital room. I guess I assumed what he used was already there. 

The Sex Circle is almost complete:

Wes - Laurel - Frank - Bonnie - Asher - Michaela - Aiden - Connor - Oliver

I'd like to say I'm done with the show but I'm sure I'll be back to check if they managed to fit Annalise somewhere in-between (now that I think about it I'm sure there is connection through the Rebecca&Lila&Sam mess... oh my)

Edited by Asha124
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I didn't realize he took anything to her father's hospital room. I guess I assumed what he used was already there. 

We saw him take the canister out of his backpack, so I think he brought it with him. Also, I think he said it was hydrogen sulfide, and he definitely said it was going to burn the hell out of the guy's lungs; my guess is that there wasn't any of that hanging around the hospital where Frank could count on getting it if he didn't bring it with him. It wasn't an overdose of anesthesia or anything relatively common and benign. Frank wanted the guy to suffer and seemed to have planned it with a great deal of specificity.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Oh. Did I miss that? I was also doing laundry in between and sometimes missed that were right after the commercial break. So what were Connor & Michaela doing at her mother's house? So then he's not the fire victim either. 

Did they indicate they were at her mom's house? I thought her mom was at her house. I thought the mom said something to the effect of "I found this phone in the cushions of my daughter's couch." And since Connor has been staying with her, it makes sense that his phone might have fallen into Michaela's couch.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, April Bloodgate said:

Did they indicate they were at her mom's house? I thought her mom was at her house. I thought the mom said something to the effect of "I found this phone in the cushions of my daughter's couch." And since Connor has been staying with her, it makes sense that his phone might have fallen into Michaela's couch.

I heard the same thing you did - about her "daughter's sofa". So, I got the impression that they were at Michaela's place.

• Love 2

I just really need to know who is dead alright? Damn it, I`m way too emotionally invested in this show. 

Different kind of episode, with no case of the week, but I think it worked quite well. Lots more backstory of Frank, as well as more looks into the marriage of Sam and Annalise. I really dont think Frank is a sociopath, but he is VERY messed up, but then so are most of the characters in this show. 

So Mr. Random Asshole was the poster guy? Kind of saw that one coming, but I hoped it was someone a little more threatening. But we have enough plots going on, so I can see them wanting to move on from that. Plus, we got to see Michaela go off on him! That was amazing. It also led to Asher and Connor endlessly teasing her, which was some welcome comedy, plus it was kind of cute. I like when the Keating Five just act like normal college students. Plus, they actually had some time to study this week!

I was so concerned that Annalise was going to hit on Wes. Its like the fourth time I`ve lived in fear of that scene happening.

As to who is under the sheet? My money is kind of on Wes right now. It seems like they're trying to make it seem like it Connor, which makes me think he is a red herring. Wes seems like the most likely option right now. 

• Love 4