Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: It's About Frank

Just one casting decision... making Blair Butler her mother... has gotten me more intrigued in Michaela's background than anything she has said about herself.  This is why showing is always so much better than telling.

I'm so with you on this and I hope this show doesn't disappoint me on this front by not providing me with a detailed story line. They haven't disappointed me yet so, I'm hopeful. You can't bring on Brett Butler and not use her.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dee said:

I still can't believe Annalise got a sew-in on national television.

I will never give this show crap for either its incredibly positive depictions of same-sex sexuality (I don't mean that other shows don't do it well, I just mean that HTGAWM is unique in that it's equally explicit as with the straight couples) or it's fairly unvarnished look into African American female beauty.  I assume a lot of that is due to Viola wanting it to be so, but however it happens, I'm glad they show it.

I'm sure a lot of white viewers' eyes were opened by seeing the process.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, starri said:

I will never give this show crap for either its incredibly positive depictions of same-sex sexuality (I don't mean that other shows don't do it well, I just mean that HTGAWM is unique in that it's equally explicit as with the straight couples) or it's fairly unvarnished look into African American female beauty.  I assume a lot of that is due to Viola wanting it to be so, but however it happens, I'm glad they show it.

I'm sure a lot of white viewers' eyes were opened by seeing the process.

First, I love that we have a character like Connor Walsh on tv.  I hate that tv in general only shows feminine and/or whiney gay guys.  Connor is just one of the guys and to him being gay is just as normal as the sun having risen in the eastern sky that morning.

Second, please dont hate but I have a probably dumb question: was the above the shoulder wavy hair Annalise has been wearing this season and at least part of last supposed to be the same really long super-straight that Mary was sewing (?) in?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Michaela is safe. Laurel is safe. Bonnie is safe. All my babies are safe. #AllIsWell.

It totally went over my head that the call Oliver made to her meant Micheala was safe, nice played writers. Yeah so glad she is safe?.  And Laurel and Bonnie too, all the girls in the show are awesome. 

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 2
On 10/23/2016 at 8:14 PM, Happytobehere said:

I find it funny that so much of what drove the plot both this season and last is Laurel"s inability to keep her damn mouth shut.  Laurel's diarrhea of the mouth was on display with Annalise and Wes when he was hospitalized and then again when he was looking for the truth about his mother.

Bonnie walking in on Laurel just as she's finished spilling the beans yet again was probably my 2nd favorite moment of Ep. 5. For all the buzz about Wallflower being Annalise's legal heir apparent, never bought it because this girl cannot grasp the concept of keeping it cute, keeping it mute — even to possibly save her own life.

• Love 4

I loved the solidarity vibe of Annalise's suggestions. Really her call in general. While I fully expect that this whole Frank turn will throw a wrench into their peace, I very much hope it doesn't throw them back to the twisted, power playing manipulation of a relationship they had last season when they could barely speak without deliberately hurting each other. I want more of Bonnie hiding Annalise's junk food and needling her about how a law practice can't survive on a free clinic, and Annalise casually asking her to cover for her with her boyfriend and suggesting bad movie sleepovers and desecrating ashes to make Bonnie feel better.

As for Laurel, I just want her to dial back the whining. I honestly don't think she knows about the pregnancy or hasn't happened yet but I wish she did. If that was her motivation for this obsession with finding Frank, I could be on board with her pursuit. Instead she finds out where he is and does nothing. She barely even keeps the secret for a whole episode. As awesome as Karla Souza's face was when Annalise walked in, I was so irritated by Laurel's lack of ability to stand her ground that I couldn't even appreciate it. Tell Wes no, Laurel, Frank's location is your business! Jump his bones if you're into him! Go find Frank! Tell off Drake yourself for jumping all over you! Call Bonnie and warn her if that matters so much to you! Just do something.

• Love 4