Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Do the publishers just reach out to these random "celebrity" people and offer them money to "write" a book? Hasn't half of the Today Show written children's books? Jenna Bush, Hoda, Kathie Lee, Al, Savannah, etc. How about Dylan Dreyer next? How about Megan Kelley--you know, to show the softer side of her. It is really ridiculous.

• Love 8

I am home today and turned on KL and Hoda . Wow they are in total obnoxious mode today ! Hoda’s family is there, so they had the little kids say “What” ! Ugh!

And KL with her constant flirting and and sexual innuendoes with male guests is pathetic . She’s  coming off horny and lonely . Some guy was trying to cook today and said the word “rack”. KL has to make a sexual joke about that !  For woman who is very judgy, she seems to give herself a pass for being gross to the point of laughing at  raunchy not funny , Craig Ferguson jokes and making sexual jokes all the time . She needs so much attention ! 

if KL were a man, she might be thought of as offensive with her gross remarks .

• Love 8

On Megan's hour a woman showed us what to do with leftovers.  Oh come on.  Enough with this holiday.  She took ya ya rolls all stuck together like they come in the pack.  Then sliced them in half, horizontally (all at once) added turkey, cheese and cranberry sauce and put the top on.   Then baked it.  Jesus.  

On 11/22/2017 at 8:45 AM, orangekit said:

And KL with her constant flirting and and sexual innuendoes with male guests is pathetic . She’s  coming off horny and lonely

Yes, she is obnoxious.  She has been alone for a very long time.  Frank suffered from brain damage due to concussions as happens, and was not himself for many years before he died.  She is feeling randy now.  

• Love 1

Also, Frank was 100 years old, so probably not the most energetic stallion in the barn.

I tried to watch Megan's show and boy howdy, it's terrible. She has no connection to the audience whatsoever. It's embarrassing to watch. Five minutes in, I turned to the all Christmas music channel. And freakin' "Wonderful Christmastime" was playing. Argh!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Also, Frank was 100 years old, so probably not the most energetic stallion in the barn.

And she never  missed an opportunity to joke about how old he was, which is one reason why I can't stand her. 

• Love 1

So I guess MK has established herself as all things to do with sexual harassment/assault. I’m not downplaying the issues at all. However, it seems that she’s just a one-trick pony. As it stands I now turn off Today at 9:00, and I don’t come back for Hoda and KLG. With Hoda being on during the early segments (overkill), and not being a huge KLG fan, I’ve found myself moving onto other things. They need to bring back more Dylan, Jenna and Sheneil, and find a good male cohost for balance.

• Love 2

We have all been hearing Matt’s rumors of infidelity for years. My nosy self is dying to find out what accusations are being thrown his way, especially because NBC decided to terminate him immediately.

• Love 5

There were rumors about Matt & Natalie for years. There were also other rumors about other woman, too. That said, the rest of the morning crew loved and revered him. Once again, it's another thing where no one had any idea. How is that possible? I knew people like that and how is it that everyone in news and Hollywood are shocked and had no idea. Anway, Matt is out and I'm guessing Willie Giest is in........I think. Is he still with Today?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

There were rumors about Matt & Natalie for years. There were also other rumors about other woman, too. That said, the rest of the morning crew loved and revered him. Once again, it's another thing where no one had any idea. How is that possible? I knew people like that and how is it that everyone in news and Hollywood are shocked and had no idea. Anway, Matt is out and I'm guessing Willie Giest is in........I think. Is he still with Today?

Willie is still with NBC, doing Sunday morning and hanging out with Morning Joe often

25 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Willie is still with NBC, doing Sunday morning and hanging out with Morning Joe often

He's the only male anchor (in house) that I thought of that could replace Matt. I'm sure there others. Hopefully, they aren't thinking of Carson Daly.

• Love 3

So Matt Lauer is out due to sexual misconduct. Anyone else think this is a ratings thing and that NBC has been sitting on this for a while? There have certainly been enough rumors about Matt having affairs over the years. The Today Show has been trailing in the ratings and they’ve been trying to shake things up in various forms. Please God, don’t let them replace him with Megyn Kelly

• Love 7

Please God, don’t let them replace him with Megyn Kelly

That's what I'm dreading.  She's been rumored to be Matt's heir apparent and her ratings have rebounded a little bit.

The news about Matt is not surprising because, as people mentioned, rumors of his affairs have swirled for years.  And I wonder if it's less Savannah and Hoda didn't know and more of a "he's a decent guy to us and we look up to him, so he's probably not doing anything bad-bad" thing.  If we folks here heard about Matt's affairs, they probably heard whispers at the least.  But I can see the bigger talent being in a bubble too, so I don't know.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Rickster said:

CNN media reporter is saying via twitter that NY Times has been working on something about Matt.

And the NY Times probably wouldn't be doing one of those profiles about consensual workplace affairs. NBC wouldn't have fired him so suddenly either, they'd just have him take a vacation and send out a memo for people not to have affairs at work, this has to be Weinstein or Charlie Rose sort of allegations.

• Love 4

So not surprising to hear about Matt this morning.  My DH and I actually talked about Matt and the probability of sexual allegations that could come against him a couple of weeks ago.  Men like Matt and Harvey must think they were untouchable but all of the attention lately on inappropriate workplace events is taking them down!  I'm curious if it has anything to do with Natalie Morelos and her departure to be on a show out west.  I believe there were rumors about something happening between her and Matt while covering the Olympics and I can't believe it was mutual on her side... he is slimy.  Savannah is very naïve and her personal comments this morning were an embarrassment to women who have been harassed or put in inappropriate sexual workplace behavior situations.  She needed to be more professional and not so concerned about Matt while reporting this story.  In all honestly we stopped watching the Today Show awhile ago and Meghan Kelly is so horrible on her segment that I don't even tune in for KL and Hoda.  I wish the Today Show luck now... they need a complete overhaul!

• Love 4

If it happened during the Olympics, I remember Matt mentioning that his family was there with him. I remember that Matt’s wife left him at least twice in the past allegedly due to his affairs and conduct around other women. I wonder how she’ll react to this news? 

• Love 4

Folks, I've pinned the Matt Lauer thread to the top of the forum so we can talk about the unfolding scandal there. Feel free to talk about stuff that actually happened in the current episodes here, but let's take the general Matt Lauer discussion to his thread, please!

44 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Brian Williams doesn't looks so bad now 

Yeah, he still does. Dead bodies floating past him on the main streets of New Orleans? Under fire from enemy aircraft? After those whoopers, why would anyone believe anything he says? They moved him to 11pm on MSNBC; the test pattern that used to come on in the late hours when I was a kid had better ratings.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I felt sorry for Savannah & Hoda. What a horrid thing to throw at them with almost no preparation, but in this political/economic climate I'm cynical enough to believe it was deliberate - the honchos thinking "raw emotion - we'll get lots of clicks and retweets!"

• Love 5

I’m getting a little sick and tired of these big name hosts getting booted for their sexual misconduct and then the networks sending their female counterparts out to clean up the mess. I think it’s demeaning to ask Savannah and Hoda (and Gayle King and Nora O’Connell) to make the announcements and give their emotional reactions. I’d love to see them put the offender on the air, make him explain why he’s leaving, and then the women start the next segment fresh.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

For new host nominations: Craig Melvin! 

I like Craig but he's got kind of a high, hoarse sounding voice that's not very pleasant to listen to, at least not to me.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the gig and I wish him luck if he does.  I just don't think that I'd watch much of the show because Savannah and Hoda and Al aren't enough for me to tune in every morning.

• Love 1

I highly doubt no one has a clue about Matt’s behavior and we’re shocked to hear he was like that . Now that more specific information is coming out , there is no way this is shocking .

Now I know why Gelman  and Kathie Lee had issues on Live . She is so preachy . I think she is sincere , but she’s obnoxious.  

Savannah was a little over the top emotional and I doubt that she was totally shocked that Matt was a slimeball , but she wasn’t annoying .

Kathie Lee had to basically give us a freaking sermon  because she “adores” Matt.  I am sorry, but KL was more worried about a predator who BTW was not only a sexual predator , but a man who has treated co workers like trash and ruined their careers .  

If KL’s daughter was one of the victims , I doubt we’d be hearing a sermon about forgiveness! 

Shes lucky Hoda is nice and dumb enough to let her smack her butt every week during the sparky segment, and let her sing about Jesus and grin the show into the 700 club lite ! 

KL does have skills and can be good , but now that she’s more and more in control the Dow is getting annoying .

• Love 2

Kathie Lee is going to be at the White House Christmas Tree lighting  and singing?   Sounds wonderful - NOT, for several reasons . Then again , I change channels and click off any tweets, video or pictures of the person who will be lighting the tree, so I wil ffwd over any clips she brings any  and comments about how “lovely “ he is .

i also can’t stsnd KL’s telethon voice . 

i just have an issue with someone who is on a show that is not religious  preaching all the time and singing religious songs.

I think NBC will regret giving KL so much obvious control over that show very soon. She may be a very kind person, and she does have good talk show skills , but she’s back to blubbering and preaching all the time , just like she did on Live .

Edited by larsonb
  • Love 6

She may be a very kind person, and she does have good talk show skills , but she’s back to blubbering and preaching all the time , just like she did on Live .

I wonder if first the death of Frank, and then her mother, has prompted her to be more open about her faith again.  Whatever the case, it's annoying.

• Love 7

KL showed up my news feed smiling and introducing Trump and wife .  She went from blubbering over a known sleaze and saying she adored  him,  to the tree lighting .  Interesting that she acts horrified at a movie if it doesn’t meet her moral standards , or a song that isn’t country or a broadway hit when Hoda plays music, but she can  smile and support men who have done and are doing things that don’t seem to fit her religious beliefs at all , and hurt people with their words and actions regularly.

I feel bad for KL, she does seem like a person who is sincerely trying to be a good person, but it seems like she is way more forgiving of men who assault and indirectly blames women for assault . She always will say that she never had any problem with any known, and how she would never do things that she felt would make her a target, and she never seems all upset for the female victims of assault . 

I actually was glad to see Jenna Bush today instead of having to get my daily preaching from KL. She really needs to go on a Christian Network where she can sing and preach about her beliefs everyday .

i wonder how long Hoda will put up with her on that show , and if she would jump at a chance to expand her role on the first hour of Today, and quietly get away from K L.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, snowydaze said:

KL showed up my news feed smiling and introducing Trump and wife .  She went from blubbering over a known sleaze and saying she adored  him,  to the tree lighting .  Interesting that she acts horrified at a movie if it doesn’t meet her moral standards , or a song that isn’t country or a broadway hit when Hoda plays music, but she can  smile and support men who have done and are doing things that don’t seem to fit her religious beliefs at all , and hurt people with their words and actions regularly.

I feel bad for KL, she does seem like a person who is sincerely trying to be a good person, but it seems like she is way more forgiving of men who assault and indirectly blames women for assault . She always will say that she never had any problem with any known, and how she would never do things that she felt would make her a target, and she never seems all upset for the female victims of assault . 

I actually was glad to see Jenna Bush today instead of having to get my daily preaching from KL. She really needs to go on a Christian Network where she can sing and preach about her beliefs everyday .

i wonder how long Hoda will put up with her on that show , and if she would jump at a chance to expand her role on the first hour of Today, and quietly get away from K L.

I have never been a KLG fan but now I am even less of one than I even thought possible. You make good points especially about Jenna and KLG on a Christian network. If only NBC would see their way to get rid of KLG.

• Love 8

I was glad that Kathie Lee was not on today  to gush about her time with #45 and her new religious song . Jenna Bush isn’t great, but she is actually more fun and tolerable than Kathie Lee lately.

I think NBC is making a huge mistake giving Kathie Lee so much control over her show . She’s turning it into a depressing, religious , Christian hour.

I have tried to  or judge her too much because of her horrible couple of years of losing Frank and her mom, but now I can’t refrain from saying that I think she is a hypocrite.

Shs quotes the buble  non-stop and tweets bible verses everyday, but then she supports a person who bragged about sexual assault and retweeted fake videos just this week to incite religious hate, and continues to be racist . She also retweeted right wing  propaganda about an illegal Imigrant who was found not guilty of murder, as if she was on the jury and knew all of the evidence!

She “adores” Matt and babbles about forgiveness when  we know a woman was assaulted in his office and needed medical attention, and compares his harrasment and ruining of careers to her husband having affair, but she doesn’t accept a verdict as if she sat on a jury ! 

I now know why she had such conflict on her other show with the producer.

Hopefully she will go to a show and network  where she can find a lot of support for constant preaching  and retweeting fear mongering racist posts .  I have no respect for her anymore after this week .  She has shown zero compassion for the victims who lost jobs and their dignity to sleaze bag , or to those who are hurt by racist behavior . Hoda used to annoy me but now I feel she deserves better and hope KLG moves on .

• Love 8

It will be interesting to see how the show changes post-Matt.  I never watched Hours 1-3 (ever....just never turn on the TV in the AM), but started watching Hour Four when it began it's Late Night Replays several years ago.  Now I tape the Hoda-KLG host chat every day.

I will admit to a KLG weakness, having watched her since Time Magazine labeled the first 15 minutes of "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" as the best show on TV in 1987. And it was amazingly good TV. She was always a prima donna and watching her evolve through the Kathie Me years was always fun, annoying, and entertaining.  From the Original Jan Hooks SNL impersonation to the mocking grudging respect of Letterman to the really mean-spirited Kristin Wiig drunken KLG version.  From Kathie Lee Casuals and "If They Could See Me Now" Cruise Ads and Sweatshops and Frank Humiliating her and Cody House and Cassidy Place.  Her XMAS specials became howlingly fun entertainment.  I recall clips being shown in Gay Bars in DC to rapt attention and howling jeers.  Every year, the TV critic for the Washington Post (Tom Shales) would review it on Page 1 of the Life section.

For me, KLG has always been that wacky aunt whom you love dearly, wish she would tone it down, but secretly glad she never does.  I loathe many of the religious *leaders* she idolizes.  But I don't really hate her because I understand it's what gets her through her days and nights.  Like my own real-life uber-religious wacky aunt, I'll love her to death, but don't preach at me or tell me I am sinful/evil/bad or snark under your breath that your way is the only way.  Respect that what works for you may not work for others.  It's sorta how America used to be. It's OK to share a bit about your personal journey, but don't drag/coerce/encourage me to be on that road, or that it is the ONLY road.

With Matt gone, one idea has been that Hoda and Savannah will be permanent co-hosts of the main two hours.  I don't think they will move a male into Matt's role anytime soon. And Hoda is known to be highly coveted by NBC management.  That would be a LOT of airtime for Hoda.  Given how KLG now seems focused on her other career choices (religious songs, writing plays, producing movies), I wonder if the real change could be coming to Hour Four.  Hoda can't do 3 hours of live TV a day forever, especially with her recent family focus.  If NBC wants Hoda front and center, I hope her agent plays some big time hardball and gets her a big chunk of the money that Matt Lauer left behind.

Hour 1+2 are vastly more important to NBC than Fourth Hour.

ETA: Time to dig out my KLG XMAS CD !!!!

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1

I keep seeing all over the internet how NBC should bring back Ann Curry now that Matt's gone.  Sheesh, short memories!  Do these people not recall what a terrible interviewer Ann was?  As a newsreader she was fine, but in conversations with guests she was awful!  Stumbling over her words, tossing word salads instead of asking concise questions, acting like a naive little girl when she messed up.  Yes, NBC treated her very poorly, but no way should she be brought back.  No thanks.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Now they are saying Willie Geist is the front runner, but Meghan is fighting for it too, ugh.

I think it would be a disaster to put Meghan & Savannah together. They would end up fighting. Willie is competent.

• Love 4

Yes.  If Willie needs competition, I'd take Craig or even freaking Carson as contenders over Megyn.  Keep her contained in her hour.  And really, just because Megyn is hitting some right notes during these harassment scandals, that doesn't erase the BS she perpetrated on Fox News imo.

• Love 8