Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

How do we know Megan is not getting any A list guests?  Is it because we haven't seen any lately or is there more to it.  A list celebs usually don't do interview shows unless they are promoting something and no one is doing the circuit in the past couple of weeks that I have seen.  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Mrsjumbo, I'm hoping this link will give you the information you are looking for with regard to Kathy Lee and Honda.

If the link doesn't work, the article is in today's NY Post in Page Six.

http://pge.sx/2yrIvkM

How much financial damage will NBC accept before sending Megyn to MSNBC? I don't think a morning show is right for her unless they give Stephanie Ruhle's spot. She needs to go back to dealing with current events.

• Love 2

Megan Kelly is an extremely expensive mistake. Whoever agreed to pay her that ridiculous salary should be fired. And no matter how much she sucks on her morning show, I don't think she'd fit in with those wackos on MSNBC. After all, she did do a fairly lengthy stint on Fox and that will be held against her. She might have to step up her Kool-Aid drinking skills before landing there.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Megan Kelly is an extremely expensive mistake. Whoever agreed to pay her that ridiculous salary should be fired. And no matter how much she sucks on her morning show, I don't think she'd fit in with those wackos on MSNBC. After all, she did do a fairly lengthy stint on Fox and that will be held against her. She might have to step up her Kool-Aid drinking skills before landing there.

If that's the case, then she will have to convince Savannah Guthrie to step down from her spot on the Today Show. She could be like Norah O Donnell on CBS. Norah used to do serious news on Morning Joe & NBC. However, would NBC be willing to  add more serious news content to  the Today Show?

3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

One of the biggest goals was to keep her away from Fox News Channel primetime, where her show was often #1.  That has helped MSNBC soar in the ratings. NBC was more than happy to spend a few million to remove MK from Fox News Channel.  That big chunk of dollars given to Ms Kelly helped Rachel Maddow become the 9PM Queen.  The Third Hour of Today has never been a ratings blockbuster.  It doesn't seem likely that will change anytime soon. 

Hour Three will get re-crafted, maybe many times.  I suspect one day soon we will hear about changes in staff behind the scenes.  Within two years, the show will be "Megyn and Friends", a View/Talk style roundtable with Megyn as moderator.  The View has gone 75% political, The Talk is almost all celeb-yakfest.  Likely Megyn and Hour Three will be something in between.

• Love 3

^^ All good points. The wild card is if TPTB would be willing to have her hang around long enough for all that to happen and at what cost? KL and Hoda are paying with their own ratings and I think I read recently that Maddow's numbers came down after Hannity took over the 9pm spot on Fox; if that's the case, the gamble  isn't paying off. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Whatever the outcome, I probably won't be watching. 

• Love 1

I think that shouldn't forget that Kelly reportedly left FOX due to accusations against O'Reilly, for which he was later let go. 

It's a shame that NBC hasn't properly found the right place for Kelly. No doubt, she'll find her niche.  I'm not wild about her, but, I do think she's more suited for MSNBC.  There are a lot of great people over there and she could shine once again. 

19 hours ago, wings707 said:

How do we know Megan is not getting any A list guests?  Is it because we haven't seen any lately or is there more to it.  A list celebs usually don't do interview shows unless they are promoting something and no one is doing the circuit in the past couple of weeks that I have seen.  

just watch the show. it is ridiculous crap.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:44 AM, nb360 said:

I think they will find her co-hosts. They seem to be "trying out" Matt and Al.

And Hoda "visited" too....I can not imagine Matt or Al, at this stage in their careers want to stay for another hour yakking about "this & that"....Megan's show has no cohesion.

• Love 2
On 16/10/2017 at 6:12 PM, oakville said:

How much financial damage will NBC accept before sending Megyn to MSNBC? I don't think a morning show is right for her unless they give Stephanie Ruhle's spot. She needs to go back to dealing with current events.

Agree!  There are too many of these shows with celebrities that nobody cares about.  

On 19/10/2017 at 10:17 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I'm sorry to hear that Billy (& his marriage) took the fall (got thrown under the bus) just for "going along to get along".

How about that?  One has no job and no marriage & the other is president.  

On 20/10/2017 at 0:24 AM, Mrsjumbo said:

NBC is of course not reporting that THEY were pitched the Harvey Weinstein story first by THEIR reporter, Ronan Farrow.  

Nothing to do with the story, but I find Ronan Farrow very creepy.

• Love 1

Megyn had a good show this morning. First she had a lawyer and Juliet Huddy who sued Fox News and settled. She regrets settling now because today there are more women speaking out and they could have helped each other. The next guest was the great Phil Donohue who talked about his talk show and what went on with women back in the day.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Megyn had a good show this morning. First she had a lawyer and Juliet Huddy who sued Fox News and settled. She regrets settling now because today there are more women speaking out and they could have helped each other. The next guest was the great Phil Donohue who talked about his talk show and what went on with women back in the day.

Thanks for the heads up ... I'll be watching ... love Phil Donohue!!!

• Love 2

I wouldn't trust Joel Osteen with my worst enemy.  What a creepy fella!

I like Ronan.

To TIIC:

Having Megyn on Today won't make me like her more.  Having Matt, Savannah, <insert random name> on Megyn Kelly Today won't make me like her more.  Case in point, I used to not mind Hoda.  Now, I want to throw my remote at the tv whenever I see her because you insisted on shoving her at the audience during the early show.

Signed,

Still don't like Megyn 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, lb60 said:

I like Ronan.

To TIIC:

Having Megyn on Today won't make me like her more.  Having Matt, Savannah, <insert random name> on Megyn Kelly Today won't make me like her more.  Case in point, I used to not mind Hoda.  Now, I want to throw my remote at the tv whenever I see her because you insisted on shoving her at the audience during the early show.

Signed,

Still don't like Megyn 

Agreed. I just see fake.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Thanks for the heads up ... I'll be watching ... love Phil Donohue!!!

i was looking forward to this, trepidatiously . i love and miss phil donahue but it was a terrible interview .  she is horrible. this show needs to go.

• Love 4

I thought Al looked ridiculous; Hoda, Carson and Megan were meh.

Surprisingly, I thought KLG was pretty good as Miley Cyrus.  Savannah as Kenny Rogers was ok.

I loved Matt as Dolly Parton, but I always like it when he dresses as a woman.  

• Love 1
On October 23, 2017 at 6:27 PM, lb60 said:

I like Ronan.

To TIIC:

Signed,

Still don't like Megyn 

Detest Ronan....creepy, smug crackpot just like his mother....

• Love 2

OMG, I think this was one of their worst Halloween shows.   

First of all,  it was super boring.

Hoda really looked nothing like  Blake Shelton.   She is too thin.  And sorry, but she's like 50 years old, and her obsession with him so childish.  I think Hoda is probably a very nice person, but sometimes she just comes off as an idiot, and very very immature.   

Kathie Lee is pathetic now!   She really wants so much attention it's just plain sad!  Her  "Wrecking Ball", Miley thing is not only outdated, but she looked awful.   Sorry, but she doesn't look like she's in good enough shape to wear a body suit like that.  I know she looks good , but tight body suits show off everything,, like her belly. It looked like a bad parody, and  like she was the joke!   And she is way way too old to do that.   She also looked way to old to play Miley in general.  I thought she was supposed to be Leanne Rimes because her botoxed eyed make her look very squinty!  

Al looked awful.    And Savanna looked like Liza Minnelli instead of  Shania Twain!  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, summerdaze said:

Hoda really looked nothing like  Blake Shelton.   She is too thin.  And sorry, but she's like 50 years old, and her obsession with him so childish.  I think Hoda is probably a very nice person, but sometimes she just comes off as an idiot, and very very immature

Perfect description. She's a buffoon

9 hours ago, summerdaze said:

Kathie Lee is pathetic now!

Very sad.

• Love 5
On 11/10/2017 at 11:17 AM, Medicine Crow said:

** Slowly raising hand w/peace sign ** ... I kind of backed into watching Megyn Kelly & I'm finding her interviews very interesting (& a helluva lot better than listening/watching to Live with Kelly & Ryan!).  Just sayin'.

I did, too.  I leave my TV on all morning and I cannot stand to hear Kelly and Ryan in the background.  

• Love 1

I saw Megyn's interview with Joe Biden and it was just awful. It was more like an interrogation consisting of every Fox talking point imaginable. Deplorables! Obama! Rhetoric! Second Amendment!

Megyn has as much warmth as a cactus in interviewing people. NBC should really just cut their losses.

• Love 8