Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I'm sick to death of the not-so-subtle digs Megyn Kelly insists on making at Democrats.  She unnecessarily went after Joe Biden (have some respect, for God's sake, you bitch!).  And yesterday she felt compelled to rag on Hillary Clinton. 

It's obvious Today and NBC has told Megyn to be her, imo, toxic self.  I wonder how long it'll take before she starts making not so subtle comments about race and gender.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2018 at 0:23 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

It's obvious Today and NBC has told Megyn to be her, imo, toxic self.  I wonder how long it'll take before she starts making not so subtle comments about race and gender.

I agree. I can't even watch her show, she's so fake. Hopefully NBC ends this nightmare soon and she goes back to her previous place of employment because this isn't working.

• Love 1

NBC is angry that Megyn is pushing to have former E! News personality Catt Sadler on her show.  NBC doesn't want a former employee "badmouthing" their company on their airwaves.  I don't know what NBC expects, they wanted Megyn to hard nosed interviewer and anchor, now they're mad she's exposing them. 

I still think she's awful, but Team Megyn. 

On second thought, maybe Megyn and NBC can destroy each other.  But still Megyn over NBC.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 2

^ Maybe that’s the reason why Megyn won’t be joining the rest of the Today Show cast for the Olympics in S. Korea. NBC wanted to reach her a lesson and show her who’s the boss. So humiliating that she wasn’t invited. Seriously, can you imagine how cringe-worthy her interviews with the athletes would be? 

I had Megyn's show on while exercising yesterday.  She was talking to some model who was body shamed about being too fat for a photo shoot and oh! the pearl clutching and how could they?ing about making her feel bad about her body.  Cut to commercial... Weight Watchers.  Ah, the irony!

• Love 2

Odd this morning that Hoda during the 4th Hour, left while KLG interviewed Matt Damon about his Super Bowl commercial & donating money to his Clean Water charity.  Hoda was there for the opening chi-chat and then was there for the next segment of "Men Tell All".  Hoda & KLG had on the same dresses, so Matt's interview was not taped another day.  Wonder if Hoda has "Issues" with Matt Damon and did not want to interview him or had some place important to be while Matt Damon's segment was on?  I just found it Odd....

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Odd this morning that Hoda during the 4th Hour, left while KLG interviewed Matt Damon about his Super Bowl commercial & donating money to his Clean Water charity.  Hoda was there for the opening chi-chat and then was there for the next segment of "Men Tell All".  Hoda & KLG had on the same dresses, so Matt's interview was not taped another day.  Wonder if Hoda has "Issues" with Matt Damon and did not want to interview him or had some place important to be while Matt Damon's segment was on?  I just found it Odd....

Noticed same thing. They always both sit in on all segments and interviews. And clearly not pre-taped since Kathie Lee had same dress and intricate hairstyle. Hmmm.

4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sometimes they tape interviews earlier in the morning.  So KLG may have done the interview while Hoda was doing the 7-9am show.

• Love 1

Was so looking forward to the 4th-hour interview with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.  Fonda's camera-hogging and over-talking pretty much guaranteed this segment would go off the rails.  And THEN she had the audacity to ask "Who are you, Megyn Kelly?"  I'm still not sure if she was pissed, or being herself (?) or there had been a prior agreement that Fonda, and not Tomlin, would do most of the talking?  Whatever.  It was indeed a train wreck.  Which Hoda nearly acknowledged on-camera.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, CatsAndMoreCats said:

And THEN she had the audacity to ask "Who are you, Megyn Kelly?"  I'm still not sure if she was pissed, or being herself (?) or there had been a prior agreement that Fonda, and not Tomlin, would do most of the talking? 

Well, Jane IS Hollywood royalty!  I'm seriously sick of celebrity interviews.  Too many, with not much to say.  Mind you, people like Tom Hanks do an excellent interview.  The man has some wit.  With some notable exceptions, don't really care what they have to say.

• Love 4

After reading here I went to youtube and watched the Jane and Lily interview.  

It was bizarre.  Fonda was cranky and really wanted to talk about the equal wage action in NY.  Lily was miffed at one point that she couldn't get a word in.  They have been out straight promoting the start of season 4 this week.  Maybe fatigue was at play. 

There was no reason for both Savanna and Hoda to do that interview.  They came off as flighty. 

I have watched Today my entire life and don't like the other options.  I suffered through Bryant Gumble and Tamron so I can deal with these two.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

Why did Kathie lee return last week and then take the end of the week off again? Was it to try to convince people that she's not jealous about Hoda getting the anchor job?    She may very well be happy for Hoda, but I think she's so insecure and in need of attention that she had to go back last week to prove something.    When she left for her religious book trip, or whatever it is, she said she'd be back for February sweeps, then she comes back in January, even while she is still sick!  ( I am sure Hoda appreciated her spreading germs when she has a baby at home!).

I noticed that she was trying a little too hard to be nice and accepting.   She even was all nice and dancing in her chair to music she normally would make comments about or roll her eyes to, since it's not some sappy song, or some country song.   She came off super fake.

I don't watch the first hour of Today.   Are Savannah and Hoda really doing the idiotic "whhhat" thing on there too? UGH!  Isn't that supposed to be the "news" portion of the show?

I had to turn Hoda and Savannah off today. They are so full of themselves. And the "WHHHATT"......

I've gone back to GMA.

Is GMA still insisting on having Strahan reading and sitting with George and Robin during *their* "hard news" half hour?  I'll stick with Today, I'll take their Whats? over Strahan struggling to do serious interviews.

I heard Megyn went full Fox News and called Jane Fonda "Hanoi Jane" this morning.  I can't believe NBC actually let her continue this so-called feud, but anything to get people talking about Megyn I guess.  Too bad not enough of them are watching her, huh.

19 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Is GMA still insisting on having Strahan reading and sitting with George and Robin during *their* "hard news" half hour?  I'll stick with Today, I'll take their Whats? over Strahan struggling to do serious interviews.

I heard Megyn went full Fox News and called Jane Fonda "Hanoi Jane" this morning.  I can't believe NBC actually let her continue this so-called feud, but anything to get people talking about Megyn I guess.  Too bad not enough of them are watching her, huh.

Megyn's little tangent was in response to Jane not wanting to talk about her plastic surgery when she was on Megyn's show recently.  Megyn showed all the times she DID want to talk about it & said she wasn't going to apologize for asking the question.  (Good for her.)  She threw in the reference to Hanoi Jane as an exclamation mark!!!

As far as I'm concerned, it didn't matter how many times Jane Fonda talked about her plastic surgery in the past.  After Megyn initially asked her about it and Jane clearly didn't want to talk about it, Megyn should have moved on.  Megyn was just being a bitch.  

• Love 3

I wonder if Megyn Kelly would go after any other actress about their plastic surgery or if it is all rooted in her dislike of Jane's politics?  Megyn comes off really petty for throwing in the Hanoi Jane comment.  She has a habit of making digs against and undercutting comments from people she disagrees with on her show.  I'm just disappointed NBC decided to go in this direction.

I actually think that a series on women and aging in the media would be interesting and timely.  She could have discussed her own experiences breaking into and then aging in the business and invited other willing participants from film and television.     

And her little snit fit shows exactly why Megyn is ill suited for this type of show.  She was interviewing an actress about a movie, not researching the Pentagon Papers!  When your celebrity guest doesn't want to discuss something personal, you change the subject.  Megyn was just pissed that Jane made a joke at her expense last week.  Bringing up an ugly name from 40 years ago was childish.

• Love 1

Dear Megyn,

If you can't stand the criticism you're probably in the wrong business.  

Signed, 

NeverMegyn 

PS--I hate whatever it is you do with your hands when you talk.

I think Megyn "got permission" (from NBC) to shoot her mouth off & she has the right to do it.  BUT, I'm thinking NBC is adding kindling to what I think will be a "Megyn Bonfire".  From what I gather, she's not well-liked & NBC is "building a case" to fire her.  OTOH, I don't think Megyn is too happy about not being invited to the Olympics & is not thinking straight.  FWIW, I like the content of her shows but will admit her approach is kind of stringent.

Edited by Medicine Crow
6 hours ago, Ohwell said:

After Megyn initially asked her about it and Jane clearly didn't want to talk about it, Megyn should have moved on. 

Do they not agree on questions before the show?  I can't see celebrities winging it?  Or did Megyn throw a curve ball?

16 hours ago, orangekit said:

Why did Kathie lee return last week and then take the end of the week off again?

She always takes most of January off. It was always for time spent in the Keys with Frank. And when KLG came back for "Announcement Day", both she and Hoda made a point in saying that KLG came back for that one day, just for the announcement. She said that she would be back FT for *February Sweeps*.  Today has announced that it will air Hours 3+4 from NYC during the Olympics, which covers most of the sweeps month.  Hoda will be in S.K. so KLG will have a roster of guest co-hosts for those weeks, though hopefully not the dreadful Kier MarbleMouth or the exSuperman now Infomercial Huckster Dean Cain. 

KLG and her attorneys have negotiated a great contract that gives her nearly every Friday off and plenty of scheduled vacation.  And NBC agreed to it as well. Good for her.  When Hoda bailed for weeks and weeks of deserved Maternity Leave, KLG was there, likely pushing even more vacation days into this year.  Johnny Carson used to work 3 days a week and have 12 weeks of vacation. When a man negotiates a good deal, he gets respect and kudos.  KLG has been around long enough to know how to negotiate a contract that allows her to work according to her schedule.  Good for her.

Meanwhile we get trainwrecks like Cena and JBH as fill-in co-hosts.  

I can already hear the phone calls buzzing around 30Rock, insisting to give Hoda and KLG whatever $$$ they want to work more regularly.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

Hoda seems like a sweet person, but sorry , I don’t think she is too bright judging from some of her comments at tikes and she can be a buffoon .

This morning the headline had breaking news  of a tsunami warning  for the entire west coast . Hoda has a dumb grin on her face while she makes an announcement about Oscar nominations as the opening line  of the show ! Savannah gives a slight grin and redirects her to the breaking news !

Savannah May  have her faults , but she’s not stupid . It’s sad that a woman has to be a bubble head , which I always also thought of Katie Couric, in order for women and men to like them !

Hoda  isn’t offensive because she doesn’t seem to think about much of anything and has teen age crushes on Blake Shelton , like a 15 year old .

She seems like a very good person , nice and fun , but she is irritatingly stupid at times and she seems to spend a large percentage of her day with that huge open mouth grin and saying “what”. I wonder what Savannah really thinks of that idiocy on the first hour ! 

Edited by larsonb

I didn't have much of an opinion one way or the other about Kelly when she first came to NBC.  She seemed fine enough, but, I did think that NBC seemed ill prepared to place her in the right format. They seem to struggle with that for some reason.  I saw her in more of a reporter role, involving politics. But, it seemed that she did't fit anywhere and I wasn't sure why. 

Well, I read recently that she said ON AIR that some women WANT to be fat shamed and that she had encouraged her step father to call her fat ass whenever she went into the kitchen during law school.  This was an attempt to shame her to not overeat.  And, she was glad that it worked.  Well, is that really something that is going to go over well with an audience?  I think not.  To me, it shows a lack of self awareness and poor judgment.  Why reveal that?  If I had a young daughter with weight issues, it's not something that I would want them to hear.  It's harmful, not helpful.  So, now she has to go to battle with Fonda.  Really? It's just poor judgment.  If your words will solve a matter, so be it.  But, if not.....

I just really wonder how TPTB with NBC work.  Do they really think things through?  

• Love 1

Savannah is not stupid but when she’s interviewing a celebrity she really comes across that way. Also during their Trending segments when she’s not reading off a prompter. 

My new most hated thing is the Pop a Shot basketball game they play with celebrities during KLG & Hoda’s hour.

I'm not a fan of Hoda as a replacement for Matt.  Originally when Hoda started reporting she seemed to be very good at it, however during the past couple of years something happened to her.  I truly believe she's just a temporary replacement that NBC threw out there to say, see we respect women.  What they should have done is apologize for the way they treated Anne Curry and brought her back if they wanted me back.  I've tried watching since Matt left but I'm just can't get past Hoda's non-serious reporting of world events.   

My mom wants to give her a break because she's an older woman with a young child but I won't.  Hoda has all the resources available to help her with a young child.  Plenty of women get up in the morning, make breakfast, get kids ready, make up a few beds, start the washer, plan dinner, get in the car drop kids off and drive to work, then put in a full day 9 hour day and do it well without any help. 

6 hours ago, larsonb said:

Hoda seems like a sweet person, but sorry , I don’t think she is too bright

I think Hoda fits in very well with KLG, but the early part of Today?  No.  It seems that a lot of TV people have very sheltered lives.  I never found Oprah all that bright either (please! no presidential bid).  I watched her behind-the-scenes show & was astonished as to how ill-informed she was.

1 hour ago, Tanichka said:

I think Hoda fits in very well with KLG, but the early part of Today?  No.  It seems that a lot of TV people have very sheltered lives.  I never found Oprah all that bright either (please! no presidential bid).  I watched her behind-the-scenes show & was astonished as to how ill-informed she was.

I agree, she is all fluff!   Then again, the first hour of Today which is supposed to be "news", usually has some ridiculous entertainment headline !   It's a symptom of our low information society.  We are so uninformed , and news is all little clips and BS, nothing deep anymore.   Everyone's attention span is short.    So, Hoda and  her airhead but nice personality fits right into our reality show world !    The reason Oprah and #45 are even considered qualified for  is because we  sadly unable to really understand real news or history, and this is what we get!  I would take her over what we have now, but she is also not qualified!  Hoda is a nice person, she is a kind person, but she sometimes is even too stupid for the fourth  hour of Today with some of her comments.      The sad part is, the bar is so low now for "news" and what we see as "qualified", that she is a gem to an uninformed,  short attention society.

• Love 2

Savannah to the female reporter covering the story of the senator that’s expecting: “isn’t this better than covering the government shut down?” 

That’s kind of insulting. A fluff piece is better than covering a serious one?

On 22/01/2018 at 1:08 PM, Ohwell said:

As far as I'm concerned, it didn't matter how many times Jane Fonda talked about her plastic surgery in the past.  After Megyn initially asked her about it and Jane clearly didn't want to talk about it, Megyn should have moved on. 

Don't have a lot of sympathy for Jane.  She's no shrinking violet.  She can handle it.  She could have been more gracious or humorous about not answering

16 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Don't have a lot of sympathy for Jane.  She's no shrinking violet.  She can handle it.  She could have been more gracious or humorous about not answering

Yes, well that's your opinion; I have mine.

• Love 4

Not a Megyn Kelly fan, but I think she was totally correct with her questions to Jane Fonda.  Even though Jane looks great for 80, she is irrelevant to most of us and comes across as trying to be cool.  Betty White is cool - Jane is not.  I saw her in an interview with Lily Tomlinson and she hogged the conversation.  I would have liked to hear more from Lily.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Showwatcher said:

Not a Megyn Kelly fan, but I think she was totally correct with her questions to Jane Fonda.  Even though Jane looks great for 80, she is irrelevant to most of us and comes across as trying to be cool.

Yes, she can't quite pull off hauteur.   And, yes, Betty White IS cool.

• Love 1

Megan lacks the ability to read a room.   Fonda was on with Redford to promote their movie.  This was not the right time, if there ever is one, to approach Jane about her plastic surgery.  I do not fault Jane for voicing her irritation.  Would she ask Helen Mirren about her face lift or Lady Gaga about her nose job?  Of course not.  Just because Fonda has been open talking about it in the past is not licence to bring it up in an arena having nothing to do with the topic. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13

I read that Megyn went off about Jane when the person who was supposed to have approved it was out of the country and dropped the ball.  And that he was not amused when he found out about Megyn's little speech. I'm not sure if that is true, but, it does sound like they decided to allow her enough rope to hang herself  (figuratively speaking).  It seems that NBC messed up, because they didn't fully think this through nor plan how to place Megyn.  Now, they'll likely pay her to go away.  

I haven't watched Today since Hoda stepped in for Matt.  Is she that bad, really?  I'm surprised, because she's handled serious news before.  Oh well......that's disappointing.  I still don't get why she wants that job when spending time with her baby seemed to be her top priority.  

I recall back when I had to stop watching GMA.  It was when Diane Sawyer and crew was so over the top each morning. They acted like they were providing entertainment for a 3 year old's birthday party. I expected them to start cartwheels and pony rides at any moment.  It was horrible, imo.  Sad if Today is going that route.  But, honestly, morning news has SOOO many commercials.  I don't have the patience for it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8

I miss Fashion Police sitting here after the Grammy's.   The show needed an overhaul and was not that great but it filled a need to see the fashion.  Melissa was on Megan today which sparked this idea.  

I would love to see this hour as a fashion and entire show review the morning after.  Not with Melissa.  Three people who know fashion and are able to talk about the show itself and what was good and bad as they did this morning. 

4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven't watched Today since Hoda stepped in for Matt.  Is she that bad, really?  I'm surprised, because she's handled serious news before.  Oh well......that's disappointing.  I still don't get why she wants that job when spending time with her baby seemed to be her top priority.  

I don't think she is bad in the first hour.  I prefer here there instead of with Kathy Lee who I don't like.  I wonder if they are easing into a new format for that last hour.  I think they are keeping Hoda in place there with the hopes of fazing Kathy Lee out and creating an entirely different noon hour.  My guess.  Seems like Hoda would prefer doing only one hour.  Better for us so we don't get Hoda burn out.  

• Love 1