Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I still say Hoda is perfect for 4th hour fluff. Guests & fans like her. I just wish they had put a serious journalist in Matt’s place. I can’t imagine her filling in for Savannah & interviewing a political figure, for example. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, larsonb said:

Was the other woman named Bobbie Brown who was on for favorite things? Didn't she have fertility treatments to have baby?  What happened to her?

No, that's Bobbie Thomas.  

. Megyn Kelly is not likable to have an evening news job. Megyn Kelly should just focus on her show, maybe she needs a co-host.She has no warm personality and having a co-host can help in bringing out another side to yourself. 

I never understood why NBC tried to make her likeable in the first place, like some of us forgot how downright nasty she was on Fox News, a total shit stirrer.  Megyn can leave for my part, I'd rather the media keeps the bomb throwers on cable news and the internet.

They'd probably replace Hoda with Jenna Bush Hager on the fourth hour before Sheinelle.  Sheinelle was part of an hour and a team I thought worked but that was cancelled.

• Love 3

Every time Megyn has a segment on a current social topic, be it gun culture, misogyny, racism, political discord, etc, I yell at the television that she was part of the problem.

• Love 7

I missed the show yesterday but this morning they rolled a cake out for Sheinelle's upcoming birthday.  The cake must have been for the staff, Sheinelle said she was running a half marathon soon, I assume cake isn't something she can chow down on.

It was a rather subdued show this morning between reporting on the air strikes, the weather and the Cosby trial. 

Will John Cena be showing up any time soon?  They seem to like him so much, and acting like its so great he's getting married, and now, the news that he and Nikki Bella, the wrestler gal, have broken off their engagement....I guess they could have the "Guys Tell All" give him relationship advice :)

Cena's movie has already been released so we hopefully won't see him until the next big thing he has to promote.  I'm surprised he even got engaged in the first place, he was always insistent he didn't want to get married again, Nikki admitting she wanted kids was probably the deal breaker.

I thought it was funny that Natalie was promoting a cook book since Savannah, Hoda and Megyn being dunces in the kitchen often comes up here.  The food that they showed from her cook book didn't look bad at all.

• Love 1

Someone at the top of NBC loves birthdays or thinks the audience likes looking at cakes. Since they didn’t have any new birthdays to celebrate they brought THREE different cakes out for Sheinelle this week.

NBC Bet $69 Million on Megyn Kelly - Then Viewers Vanished

Megyn says we have to get to know the real her, but hasn't her flop hour been on the air for like eight months?  If the audience hasn't gotten a glimpse of the "real" Megyn by now, we never will.

“There are definitely some who only know me through some caricature they learned about on ‘The Daily Show.’ ”

There wouldn't be anything to "caricature" if you didn't gleefully and willfully play Fox News's mudslinging, bomb throwing games for 14 flipping years, honey.

Oh, by the way, Al Roker and Tamron Hall combined were being paid about half of what Megyn gets to fail, and their ratings were better.  Tamron said it best with this Tweet people have interpreted as shady or snarky.

NBC threw away a talent a lot of people liked and an hour that was getting decent ratings because... I'm not even sure why.  Megyn is going to be paid to do nothing soon while stupid NBC tries to salvage their third and fourth hours (KLG & Hoda have suffered from the Megyn's bad ratings).  Oh well.

• Love 7

I liked Al and Tamron but they acted too goofy together.  However, NBC made a HUGE mistake bringing in Megyn Kelly.  All they had to do was to tell Al and Tamron to tamp down the silliness. 

• Love 7

Kathie Lee is embarrassing herself over and over with her need to flirt and paw at men all the time!  We get it, she hasn't gotten any in  a few years!  She needs to find a guy and just have sex before she comes onto the wrong guy, and he  is offended.  She's acting ridiculous, and if a man put their hands all over a women the way she did in Italy with that man on the show, and also talked suggestively about men so much that came on the show, they would be fired.   She looked  like  desperate horny old woman playing with that guy's hair in Italy and also making comments that were sexual and suggestive comments.  She should have had her sex romp with him and got  it over with! 

It's funny how  the bible thumper is always making the raunchy comments  and doing weird things like "spank Tuesday".   It's usually those who preach the most who can't control themselves, so they blab about bible verses and judge others all day, and Kathie Lee is one of them for sure! 

And why did the Today show go all the way to Tuscany to only tape two shows?   Even if they couldn't stay longer, why didn't they tape more shows while they were there for the rest of the week? Instead we had that awkward recorded show of Jenna Bush that was obviously taped before her grandmother passed away.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:11 AM, Mrsjumbo said:

Ha, ha- Hoda said the “Oliver” award instead of the “Olivier” award, named for Lawrence Olivier, who I’m sure Hoda has also never heard of.

If a woman is perceived as too smart, she is really hated by our dumb, uninformed, society, so that is why dumb Hoda is so popular. People feel she is "one of us".   Sadly, she's a so called journalist, and she is so dumb sometimes it is scary.   If she were just doing fluff news on the E network, or ET, that would be one thing, but the only way women seem to be prominent on the news now is to dress like it's 90 degrees when it is 30 degress,  and also have a low IQ,  or at least pretend they have a low IQ.  That is why we  have an easily swayed, uninformed country.  Hoda is at least real, she isn't pretending to be dumb! 

• Love 5
On 2018-04-25 at 2:55 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

NBC Bet $69 Million on Megyn Kelly - Then Viewers Vanished

Megyn says we have to get to know the real her, but hasn't her flop hour been on the air for like eight months?  If the audience hasn't gotten a glimpse of the "real" Megyn by now, we never will.

There wouldn't be anything to "caricature" if you didn't gleefully and willfully play Fox News's mudslinging, bomb throwing games for 14 flipping years, honey.

Oh, by the way, Al Roker and Tamron Hall combined were being paid about half of what Megyn gets to fail, and their ratings were better.  Tamron said it best with this Tweet people have interpreted as shady or snarky.

NBC threw away a talent a lot of people liked and an hour that was getting decent ratings because... I'm not even sure why.  Megyn is going to be paid to do nothing soon while stupid NBC tries to salvage their third and fourth hours (KLG & Hoda have suffered from the Megyn's bad ratings).  Oh well.

NBC was stupid to waste $69m on Kelly. They liked her because she was getting into fights with Trump at the debates during the primaries. If Trump had not been elected, she would still be ranting about Hillary’s emails & Santa Claus is white. She is a horrible fit for NBC

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Wings said:

Did they mention the Brinks truck spilling cash on the highway?  I am asking because I have something to say about it!  LOL

No, Kathie Lee was too busy talking about her new movie and Jenna was too busy praising it and her.

KG: "Me, me, me, me, blah, blah, blah, Cody was an honors graduate from Harvard, blah, blah, me, me, me".

• Love 2
On 2018-05-01 at 10:37 AM, oakville said:

NBC was stupid to waste $69m on Kelly. They liked her because she was getting into fights with Trump at the debates during the primaries. If Trump had not been elected, she would still be ranting about Hillary’s emails & Santa Claus is white. She is a horrible fit for NBC

I was OK with her before her new show.  I don’t think that format is a good fit.  She doesn’t seem comfortable either.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

No, Kathie Lee was too busy talking about her new movie and Jenna was too busy praising it and her.

KG: "Me, me, me, me, blah, blah, blah, Cody was an honors graduate from Harvard, blah, blah, me, me, me".

Oh I am sure they wouldn't have, I was thinking the first hour. 

2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I was OK with her before her new show.  I don’t think that format is a good fit.  She doesn’t seem comfortable either.

I hink she is better suited to a show on MSNBC. Morning Fluffy TV is not her forte.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Yea, Good Grief!  I guess we will have to hear about KLG's movie for months!  You would think its the greatest thing that ever happened to her, and she has to drool over Craig Ferguson being in the movie with her....I am not a fan of his,  I would think his wife would be grossed out by KLG's sexual references to her husband. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yea, Good Grief!  I guess we will have to hear about KLG's movie for months!  You would think its the greatest thing that ever happened to her, and she has to drool over Craig Ferguson being in the movie with her....I am not a fan of his,  I would think his wife would be grossed out by KLG's sexual references to her husband. 

A paying gig is a paying gig,

Also appears KLG will be away from the show for SIX WEEKS.  After six weeks of Jenna or Tinyeille, we will be begging for KLG to come back.   Maybe they will go with weeklong guest co-hosts.  I think Dean Cain can take a break from his "Buy Homes for Pennies" scamster informercial.  And they could inport personality-free Kier Brit, or whatever his name is.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

A paying gig is a paying gig,

Also appears KLG will be away from the show for SIX WEEKS.  After six weeks of Jenna or Tinyeille, we will be begging for KLG to come back.   Maybe they will go with weeklong guest co-hosts.  I think Dean Cain can take a break from his "Buy Homes for Pennies" scamster informercial.  And they could inport personality-free Kier Brit, or whatever his name is.

Who is Tinyeille?

(edited)
2 hours ago, DorianGray said:

So, I'm assuming this KLG "movie" is a Hallmark adventure?  Or is it going straight to DVD?

It sounds like it will be a cheesy Hallmark movie on a cable, where most of us can't find the channel.

Doesn't Cassidy Gifford have some small parts in Hallmark movies? Kathie Lee always describes her as some great actress, but I've never heard of her in anything.

Edited by OnTime

So bible  quoting , holy roller Kathie Lee wrote a movie where Craig Ferguson, who is raunchy and obscene as a  co-host, will be staring, and of course she will have a bed  scene with him !

And she pawed af the guy in Florence and makes  constant sexual references all the time .

I wonder is she will be “friends “, with Craig like she was with Frank while he was still married , and then suddenly, one of her friendships with married men turns into a relationship .  But of course it will just be “acting”  or innocent “flirting” if she ends up with some guy who leaves his wife again !

It’s pretty obvious that she has the hots  for Craig and wants to have an excuse to make out with him and have a bed scene .

She is a piece of work and quite the hypocrite since she judges and preaches all the time .

She also seems like a controlling pain to work with . Hoda and Jenna both were saying how she gets angry if they don’t have manicured nails !

• Love 8

Here's the deal on her movie.....

"It follows Annabelle (Gifford), a lonely widow who plans a trip around the world, with her husband’s ashes in tow, to visit the places they loved in the movies. When she arrives at the Inn in Loch Lomond, run by a curmudgeonly Scotsman (Ferguson), the first stop on the journey changes her life forever, as a family secret is revealed, one wedding is derailed, another is planned, and two unlikely people get a second chance at love."

I didn't realize Kathie Lee is 10 years older than Craig Ferguson.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

"It follows Annabelle (Gifford), a lonely widow who plans a trip around the world, with her husband’s ashes in tow, to visit the places they loved in the movies. When she arrives at the Inn in Loch Lomond, run by a curmudgeonly Scotsman (Ferguson), the first stop on the journey changes her life forever, as a family secret is revealed, one wedding is derailed, another is planned, and two unlikely people get a second chance at love."

I believe the music is her singing the title song, "Love Me To Death". 

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, OnTime said:

So basically Kathie Lee wrote a movie to live out  her fantasy with Ferguson which allows her to make out and be in bed with him !  She’s a pathetic aging mess ! 

Edited by Sandi33
  • Love 7

Tara Lipinski & Johnny Weir are NBC’s “lifestyle correspondents”. I don’t know what ice skating has to with that...

Tara looks odd, like she’s had cheek fillers.

• Love 1
On 2018-05-05 at 12:49 PM, OnTime said:

It sounds like it will be a cheesy Hallmark movie on a cable, where most of us can't find the channel.

Doesn't Cassidy Gifford have some small parts in Hallmark movies? Kathie Lee always describes her as some great actress, but I've never heard of her in anything.

Sounds like we are lucky not to be able to find the channel.  This movie sounds absolutely horrendous!  Who would want to watch KLG & Ferguson doing love scenes?  Yuck!  Blah!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Sandi33 said:
  On 5/6/2018 at 8:38 AM, OnTime said:

Oh god no.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I haven't watched their hour in a very long time.  Didn't expect to find this when I came here today!  

This is really bad. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Wings said:

Oh god no.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I haven't watched their hour in a very long time.  Didn't expect to find this when I came here today!  

This is really bad. 

I wish she would step back and take a look at herself. I wish she would realize how ridiculous she looks with her manner of dress, her horny old lady comments, etc. She needs to be on a network where her Biblical quotes and opinions can be appreciated. She could still she age gracefully and be a very attractive woman and be fulfilled instead of this desperate, hypocritical bid for attention. 

• Love 6
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

I wish she would step back and take a look at herself. I wish she would realize how ridiculous she looks with her manner of dress, her horny old lady comments, etc. She needs to be on a network where her Biblical quotes and opinions can be appreciated. She could still she age gracefully and be a very attractive woman and be fulfilled instead of this desperate, hypocritical bid for attention. 

Helen Miren she is not.  Her hair is past the tipping point and she dresses like a square socialite from the 60s.  No interest or character in her physical appearance.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Wings said:

Helen Miren she is not.  Her hair is past the tipping point and she dresses like a square socialite from the 60s.  No interest or character in her physical appearance.  

So true.  Kathie Lee needs to give up the stick straight hair extensions, sleeveless dress and the Jill Martin giant hoop earrings. She's had enough plastic surgery, too.

But she'll keep all of it, 65 or not.

• Love 6

Ugh. Hoda and Savannah sucking up like girlfans first to JLo and then to Melissa McCarthy. That's why I tend to think a male co-host would be good - balance out too much girl energy. And I'm a girl saying that!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Ugh. Hoda and Savannah sucking up like girlfans first to JLo and then to Melissa McCarthy. That's why I tend to think a male co-host would be good - balance out too much girl energy. And I'm a girl saying that!

I agree.   Why did they fire Willie?  I never heard the reason. 

Good question. They gave Willie that time-filler Sunday morning show. 

i think they may feel he is not "fun" enough for the big job, which is probably a compliment. Today show might as well just cart in a live audience like GMA does so they can applaud for two hours like trained seals. I hate that vibe on GMA - I've said it before - to me, those hosts all act like they are at the cool kids table in high school. But CBS morning show is so boring. Also not a fan of Gayle.

• Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, OnTime said:

So true.  Kathie Lee needs to give up the stick straight hair extensions, sleeveless dress and the Jill Martin giant hoop earrings. She's had enough plastic surgery, too.

But she'll keep all of it, 65 or not.

I like hoop earrings on all ages but they just don’t go with everything. Black pants and crisp white shirt is one example.  They cry for a classic tailored hip overall look.  Kathy is anything but. 

19 minutes ago, seasons said:

Good question. They gave Willie that time-filler Sunday morning show. 

i think they may feel he is not "fun" enough for the big job, which is probably a compliment. Today show might as well just cart in a live audience like GMA does so they can applaud for two hours like trained seals. I hate that vibe on GMA - I've said it before - to me, those hosts all act like they are at the cool kids table in high school. But CBS morning show is so boring. Also not a fan of Gayle.

Again I agree!  Today is the best morning show, flaws and all.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

I think willie would only help the Today show. I really can’t think of anything about him that irks me (unlike Hoda and KLG where there’s a long list.) 

i dont mind Savannah, but wish she had a different partner. I get enough of Hoda when she’s with KLG.  A little can go a long way!

• Love 8
(edited)

I am convinced Jane Fonda and Robert Redford gave Kathy the idea to do a love story for the 60+ audience. Tough act to follow girl!  

Edited by Wings