Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

They should have someone interview JK Rowling that has actually read the books or seen the movies! And I highly suspect Hoda hasn’t read “Little Women” either because she said “Kath says this was one of her favorite books growing up”.

• Love 1

I was cringing and having some major second hand embarrassment when hoda mentioned the birthday girl only to be told it’s a birthday boy. I know first hand how horrifying it is as a kid to be mistaken for another gender (special thanks to my mom who chopped my hair off and made me look like a boy in second grade, I’m atill recovering)

• Love 4
20 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I was cringing and having some major second hand embarrassment when hoda mentioned the birthday girl only to be told it’s a birthday boy. I know first hand how horrifying it is as a kid to be mistaken for another gender (special thanks to my mom who chopped my hair off and made me look like a boy in second grade, I’m atill recovering)

The birthday hat his parents made him wear did him no favors!

• Love 1

I was this [] close to thinking Megan isn't all that bad, not exactly warming up to her but finding her tolerable, when she went back into Foxbot mode yesterday while analyzing the testimony at the SCOTUS hearings.  Back on the hate train.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I was this [] close to thinking Megan isn't all that bad, not exactly warming up to her but finding her tolerable, when she went back into Foxbot mode yesterday while analyzing the testimony at the SCOTUS hearings.  Back on the hate train.

Yes to all of this! She can only hide her true colors for so long. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thank you for mentioning this, I have been watching Megyn's show, off & on, I like when she has interesting panelists on like Stephanie Gosk, Jacob Soboroff & others, and she seemed reasonable, but WOW...she was making all the Republican talking points this week, she was defending Kavanaugh, ugh...

8 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Yes to all of this! She can only hide her true colors for so long. 

Yea, really!  

• Love 6
On 9/28/2018 at 5:04 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

Well I don’t watch Megyn’s show, but it is nice to hear a different opinion. The Today show doesn’t hide its liberal bias.

Today has a bias beyond selling shit to people who are at home between 7 and 11 am?  That's news to me.

And anyway, a different point of view would be nice if was coming from *any*one else.  Megyn Kelly is really, really, really, really unlikable and her abysmal ratings and Q Score agree.  That's all I have to say about that.

• Love 12

Well, I like Meghyn.  I think her show as improved greatly in the past year.    I  appreciate that she just layed out the facts about the hearing.    She might have been shrill while she did it, but that could be because her guests were shrill along with her.   And I agree that the Today show reporters often shows their liberal bias.   Huntley and Brinkley they are not.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2018 at 9:56 PM, sas616 said:

Well, I like Meghyn.  I think her show as improved greatly in the past year.    I  appreciate that she just layed out the facts about the hearing.    She might have been shrill while she did it, but that could be because her guests were shrill along with her.   And I agree that the Today show reporters often shows their liberal bias.   Huntley and Brinkley they are not.

Megyn's facts about Kavanaugh's lying were not.  He claimed the drinking age was 18 when it has gone back up to 21 in Montgomery County Maryland.  I know because I grew up in Rockville and was glad that I was already 21.  That was one of many things he perjured himself on.

• Love 14

Savannah flew all the way to LA to be on Ellen's show today, talking about playing tennis w/Roger Federer, and promoting her children's book...she was on for all of 10 minutes....I cant believe she flew all the way out there & will fly all the way back to be on in the morning!  

• Love 4
On 10/4/2018 at 8:09 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Savannah flew all the way to LA to be on Ellen's show today, talking about playing tennis w/Roger Federer, and promoting her children's book...she was on for all of 10 minutes....I cant believe she flew all the way out there & will fly all the way back to be on in the morning!  

I think the main impetus for Savannah's trip to LA was to interview Ellen for the Today Show, not the other way around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

I heard a rumor Megyn's done with the show, and then I saw Craig was the host for her show today. Any truth to the rumor?

She's definitely not working out in my opinion ... too strident ... I liked her at first, but ...

• Love 3

Listening to Al singing on Broadway was painful. I guess names count more than talent. I feel sorry for the other actors that had to hear cheers & applause interrupting the play whenever Al appeared.

9 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

I heard a rumor Megyn's done with the show, and then I saw Craig was the host for her show today. Any truth to the rumor?

How would NBC justify getting rid of Megyn? It was a fiasco from day 1. Would the executives that hired her have to resign?

On 10/6/2018 at 3:20 AM, rose321 said:

I think the main impetus for Savannah's trip to LA was to interview Ellen for the Today Show, not the other way around.

Isn't Savannah considered to be a NBC star? Savannah has survived being stuck with the evil Matt Lauer as a co host. She has had to put up with Al.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

Is there anyone on the Today show that hasn’t written a book? Now Lester has one & Joy has another. 

I like Lester . i am a faithful viewer of his show. He took over from the lying Brian Williams. It's surprising that NBC still lets Brian on MSNBC network despite his lack of credibility .

On 10/2/2018 at 9:56 PM, sas616 said:

I miss the days of Huntley & Brinkley.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2018 at 9:14 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Megan Kelly does a horrible job of pretending she’s not a Kavanaugh supporter. 

I didn't think any pretending was involved.  She's pretty upfront about it.

A friend of mine was at the taping on Monday when Craig was on, sitting in the front row and on camera a bunch.  I haven't had a chance to ask her about it yet.  Has Megyn been on at all this week?  It may be fall break for her kids and they are on vacation.

(eta:  I see she's back now.  Dang it.)

Edited by Haleth
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, oakville said:

How would NBC justify getting rid of Megyn? It was a fiasco from day 1. Would the executives that hired her have to resign?

I guess they don't renew her three year $69 million contract when it expires!

This is now the second season so she is going to be around for a while.

• Love 1

I think Megyn has a job as long as Andy Lack has a job, unless someone above his head mercifully pulls the plug on Megyn's show.  She's here to stay until her contract runs out.

No matter her views, I don't think this super opinionated stuff fits on Today.  It doesn't matter if the host is Joe Scarborough, Don Lemon or Rachel Maddow, leave it for other shows.  It doesn't help Megyn is more unpleasant than any of the people I named imo.

Harry Smith is guest hosting this morning, Saturday.  He's better than all of these people on this show, Craig and Willie included, and I'm pretty forgiving of most of the hosts.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 7

I wish Today would use some of that alleged liberal bias and decide not to air interviews with white supremacists.  There's a way to expose them without giving them five minutes of airtime to not answer questions directly and make their ideology seem harmless.

• Love 16

Looks like Megyn is either looking for attention to boost her ratings or is hoping she still has a job when they cancel her crappy hour in the today show ! Her moronic comment about blackface was such an obvious , pathetic ploy for attention and ratings ! 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Sandi33 said:

Looks like Megyn is either looking for attention to boost her ratings or is hoping she still has a job when they cancel her crappy hour in the today show ! Her moronic comment about blackface was such an obvious , pathetic ploy for attention and ratings ! 

I think she knew her days were numbered .  I saw articles all summer about her show ending  because of low ratings .

Now that she made a totally racist ., ignorant comment , and acted like she had no idea that the comment was ignorant , or why black face is offensive, they will open her with open Rms at Fox ! She probably gained all the fans back she lost before , and she will get more fans who love someone say all of the racist things they feel ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 5

NBC knew what they were getting when they hired her; white Santa and white Jesus.  I watched her show some and a few times I appreciated some of the talk around exploitation and initial metoo reporting but she kept getting worse. Her table talks during the Kavanaugh hearing drove me over the edge. I can't figure out what her angle. I guess you can take the girl* out of Fox but you can't take the Fox out of the girl*.  

*Since she said (in her half ass apology), she is not a PC person I thought she would be ok with me using the original term girl. 

• Love 16

Her viewpoints aside, she wasn’t very good with an audience. It was all so awkward watching her try to engage them. Looking to the audience and asking things like “don’t you?” and “right?” just to try to get the audience involved. It all fell flat and seemed so forced. Oprah she is not. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

There are three Chew hosts with no time slot.

Let’s keep them without one, shall we?

24 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Her viewpoints aside, she wasn’t very good with an audience. It was all so awkward watching her try to engage them. Looking to the audience and asking things like “don’t you?” and “right?” just to try to get the audience involved. It all fell flat and seemed so forced. Oprah she is not. 

I never thought that was the right format for her.

• Love 3
On 10/11/2018 at 1:45 PM, OnTime said:

I guess they don't renew her three year $69 million contract when it expires!

This is now the second season so she is going to be around for a while.

I never liked Megyn Kelly. She is an opportunist. NBC should apologize to viewers for letting her ruin the Today Show.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:38 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

I think Megyn has a job as long as Andy Lack has a job, unless someone above his head mercifully pulls the plug on Megyn's show.  She's here to stay until her contract runs out.

No matter her views, I don't think this super opinionated stuff fits on Today.  It doesn't matter if the host is Joe Scarborough, Don Lemon or Rachel Maddow, leave it for other shows.  It doesn't help Megyn is more unpleasant than any of the people I named imo.

Harry Smith is guest hosting this morning, Saturday.  He's better than all of these people on this show, Craig and Willie included, and I'm pretty forgiving of most of the hosts.

I like Harry Smith. He's good at telling stories.

• Love 5