Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I hope this was Kathie Lee's decision, sounds like it was.  She is gone a lot, Friday shows are taped and even some parts of live shows are taped.

Is she even there live three days a week? Seems like there is always someone else in her chair.

And I really it hate it when they have a 3rd host with them!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I hope this was Kathie Lee's decision, sounds like it was.  She is gone a lot, Friday shows are taped and even some parts of live shows are taped.

Is she even there live three days a week? Seems like there is always someone else in her chair.

And I really it hate it when they have a 3rd host with them!

For me, it depends on who the 3rd person is.  I'd watch Kelly Clarkson any time, and I'm not a big country fan.

I like Jenna for this show, and Sheinelle.

Kelly Clarkson is already getting her own talk show so she is not in the running to fill KLG’s spot. (She’s getting Steve Harvey’s timeslot). I wish they’d just forego the 3rd and 4th hour and let the local stations broadcast syndicated programming. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

.....hope they don't replace KLG with a celebrity like Kelly Clarkson or Meghan Trainor. Kelly is okay but I could do without Trainor.

Kelly Clarkson already has a lucrative deal to host her own daily syndicated talk show, starting in the Fall 2019.   Syndication is where the big bucks are.  Then again, recent history is littered with failures by almost everyone:  Katie Couric, Meredith Viera, Nate Berkus, Harry Connick, Tyra Banks.  It's been two years and out for most.  Kelly Clarkson has vowed to do more variety, so that may help.

Ms Trainor did not impress when she co-hosted last week.

I wonder if Hallmark is going to be giving Kathie Lee her own “line” of movies? She was just in one and her daughter has been in one. Seems like they are right up her alley. Or maybe some religious line of movies?

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Jenna's ok.  I'd definitely take her over Kelly Clarkson, Meghan Trainor or even Sheinelle. 

I just hope Jenna is done talking about "Gampy."  I know she's still grieving but it's time to move on if you're doing a tv show. 

Tell that to Meghan McCain.

No way would Kelly C or Meghan T want to do a daily talk show.  Their music careers keep them way too busy.  I like Jenna and Sheinelle, but together they just don't have the charisma needed to host a show.  Both are better as sidekicks to someone with more personality.  

10 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Kelly Clarkson is already getting her own talk show so she is not in the running to fill KLG’s spot.

Oops.  I stand corrected.

16 hours ago, OnTime said:

Because she's been working on her movie.  Makes sense for her to leave if she has so many other projects lined up.  I'm sure it was her own decision but I can't say it wasn't time to replace her with someone... I won't say younger, but someone with a younger spirit.  Her disdain of anything that didn't line up with her narrow sense of propriety was tedious.  That is, when she wasn't playing the horny widow lady.

8 hours ago, Pickles said:

I wonder if Hallmark is going to be giving Kathie Lee her own “line” of movies? She was just in one and her daughter has been in one. Seems like they are right up her alley. Or maybe some religious line of movies?

She did say she is partnering with Roma Downey.

I hope she finds success in her movies but I know I won't be watching.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Pickles said:

I wonder if Hallmark is going to be giving Kathie Lee her own “line” of movies? She was just in one and her daughter has been in one.

Oh jeez, is Cassidy an "actress" now?  I guess it was going to be that or model. 

7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Oh jeez, is Cassidy an "actress" now?  I guess it was going to be that or model. 

Yes, Cassidy has been trying to get into acting for a long time, I think. I did not see her Hallmark movie, but I read on here that she was not too good. Maybe Kathie Lee can create projects for Cassidy. Lol.

Page Six is now saying Kathie Lee wanted off the show last year, but the executives wanted her stay and gave her more time off for her movies, etc. They didn't want her leaving just after Matt Lauer was fired and then the awful ratings for Megan Kelly. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Yes, Cassidy has been trying to get into acting for a long time, I think. I did not see her Hallmark movie, but I read on here that she was not too good. Maybe Kathie Lee can create projects for Cassidy. Lol.

Page Six is now saying Kathie Lee wanted off the show last year, but the executives wanted her stay and gave her more time off for her movies, etc. They didn't want her leaving just after Matt Lauer was fired and then the awful ratings for Megan Kelly. 

Yeah, I believe she did want to leave last year, after ten years.  She was so wild about Craig Ferguson and going to Scotland with him.

Never heard of anything that Cassidy has done but Kathie Lee was yapping about some award she got, a month or so ago. You'd think will all Kathie Lee's connections and her best friend Kris Jenner (still don't quite understand that friendship), that they could get Cassidy in front of someone's camera!

• Love 1

I don’t dislike KLG, but I’m not sad to see her go. At this point, if they’re going to keep the 4th hour, they should retool it into a View-like show (without the audience) to compete with The View and The Talk. They could use Jenna, Shanielle, Dylan and rotate some of the other female hosts from NBC and MSNBC. 

• Love 5

Enough with the Kathie Lee adoration!! Good grief! If the truth be known I bet there are quite a few on staff who are happy to see her go. I truly sensed that when they were all sitting with her this morning. I also believe that Hoda is not that sad. Can only imagine what the party on April 7 will be like😵

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I like Jenna and Sheinelle, but together they just don't have the charisma needed to host a show.  Both are better as sidekicks to someone with more personality.  

I agree, they're better as sidekicks.

• Love 1

Jenna is no dummy. She became BFF ‘s with Savannah IRL. If Savannah has the pull that Matt Lauer did with hiring & firing, then Jenna’s not going anywhere.

i think Kathie Lee is going to do that series of Godwink movies for hallmark. She found surprising popularity after Frank died & she’s running with it. Gotta hand it to her. If I had her money I’d be retired.

Personally I wish they would go away with Meghan’s hour & the 4th hour. Is it really needed? But the Today show won’t let go of that time.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Enough with the Kathie Lee adoration!! Good grief! If the truth be known I bet there are quite a few on staff who are happy to see her go. I truly sensed that when they were all sitting with her this morning. I also believe that Hoda is not that sad. Can only imagine what the party on April 7 will be like😵

Unless we are on the set, or working on the show behind the scenes, I don't think we can truly know who loves whom, or who is glad to see who go.  Kathie Lee may not be to everyone's taste.  But she brings some great qualities to the small screen.  A woman of faith (it may not be EVERYONE'S faith; but at least she believes in something greater than herself, which imho is noble).  Married to the same man for some 30 years (not a perfect marriage as the tabloids were delighted to remind us; but they stayed together and worked on it).  Raised two children who were NOT regularly profiled on TMZ.  Always seeking, always hoping to grow and learn.  Opened her home to at least one person, when that person was terminally ill.  I'd be proud to have a friend or co-worker who had those values and accomplished all of that.

• Love 5

Wait! Is Kathie Lee dying or leaving a talk show? Just curious. She was on all of the TODAY shows today and she repeated the same thing. Why is this a thing? I can't imagine the countdown on Kathie Lee's moments with guest, co-host, stupid jokes and whatever they can milk out of this.

• Love 5

I've given up on Today during the week but can only imagine how obnoxious KLG was today and will continue to be until she finally leaves. Hallmark can have her and her daughter.

I like Sheinelle and Peter on the weekend. If Jenna gets the job with Hoda on the last hour I just might tune in.

• Love 2

Great performance!  Loved that holiday song "Glow."  That Brett guy's voice had me blasting the volume on my TV.  Nice job!  I've heard of him as a country singer, but I didn't know he was doing that style of music.  It suits him...with those supple vocals.  Sweet!  Glad I was home from work today with this nasty cold!  Worth it. 

10 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

Blind Gossip says they forced KLG out in order to go for a younger demo. I'm not sure if they are aware, but it's the old women like me (I am 57) who watch daytime TV. But it's, whatever. 

I disagree.  Although I'm almost a dinosaur daytime TV watcher, compared to a whipper-snapper of 57, television programmers realized decades ago that college students make up a YUGE percentage of daytime TV watchers.  That's why the storylines for daytime soaps gradually focused more on the teenage and 20-something fetuses that have since been all the rage on those shows.  For long-time Days Of Our Lives watchers, it's the difference between the 1960's when Tom and Alice and their ADULT children were driving the storylines, vs. now when anyone over age 35 is considered shrubbery on the set.

Edited by CatsAndMoreCats
10 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

Blind Gossip says they forced KLG out in order to go for a younger demo. I'm not sure if they are aware, but it's the old women like me (I am 57) who watch daytime TV. But it's, whatever. 

Yeah, really.  The younger demo isn’t watching.  As an oldster, I barely tune in.

Maybe college students watch soaps, but I don’t get why they would want to watch Hoda and ?

Edited by Tanichka

Blind Gossip likes to take speculation and turn it into full blown blinds and gossips.  I would take anything they said with a grain of salt.

Today can go overboard celebrating themselves, but I thought the celebration they had for Al's 40th anniversary with NBC was nice.  That's a long time to work for one company, Al deserved the tribute.

• Love 9

Al with NBC for 40 years. Yikes! How does he still have a job? Yeah, Al & Matt were always paired up for every Halloween & Olympics. I don’t know what other footage they had with that on the editing room floor. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Haleth said:

Craig was talking about how Al doesn't shy away from doing what is right.  I figured he was talking about the Matt situation.

I thought he was talking about the Megyn Kelly situation.  We know Al was really angry about that.  Craig said something about Al being willing to talk to the bosses.  Unless the timeline with Matt is different than what they said publicly, the bosses decided to fire him before they even told the hosts. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, rose321 said:

I thought he was talking about the Megyn Kelly situation.  We know Al was really angry about that.  Craig said something about Al being willing to talk to the bosses.  Unless the timeline with Matt is different than what they said publicly, the bosses decided to fire him before they even told the hosts. 

Ah, you could be right.  I'd already wiped Megyn Kelly from my memories.

• Love 1

They are talking about the movie Working Girl & how it was so empowering & #Metoo relevant, but if I recall Harrison Ford did not question that Melanie Griffins character was a boss, & the “bad guy” in the movie was the woman boss! (sigourney Weaver)

• Love 3
On 12/21/2018 at 6:15 PM, Haleth said:

How can it be that neither Hoda or KLG could identify the Christmas movie with the leg lamp labeled "fragile?"  I mean, seriously?

Well KLG isn’t too into mainstream pop culture, but Hoda should know the movie ! The again, Hoda just seems very dumb most of the time !

Speaking of Hoda, she posted a Xmas picture. Her mom and sister have the same creepy, huge smile that she had !

• Love 2

Has anybody else noticed how bad the make-up is on this show?  They all look like pumpkins with big eyebrows.  those big groomed eyebrows don't look so bad on people with dark hair, but awful on blonds.  Chuck Todd looked terrible this morning--orangy, brows too dark, that man seriously needs a make-over.  And they had a guest man whose makeup ended abruptly at the edge of his face and you could see his real face color at the side.  GET A NEW MAKE-UP CREW!  Don't get me started on Savannah's stringy hair.

• Love 2

Hoda actually asked her cohost yesterday if  he knew that she had a little girl.  Seriously???   We have to her about the baby non stop ! And the video is the baby dancing is cute for her and her family, but really, it’s not great material for tv !

Hoda reminds me Iof people  years ago who would bring over home movies and pictures and bide their friends and family to death with every little thing that their child did !  I remember my parents dreading visits with family and friends who did that !

Before Haley Joy it was non stop talking about her cancer ! We had to endure songs , videos and non stop talk about cancer ! Now it’s all about babies and adoption !

• Love 5

Have you ever counted the number of commercials on this show? I watch it on DVR while I’m doing housework so I FF through the commercials. Today I counted at the 1/2 hour mark 22 commercials in a row, followed by local weather & then 7 more commercials!

• Love 1
On 12/16/2018 at 1:32 AM, Mrsjumbo said:

Well, & remember Al muttering about Matt Lauer or NBC “throwing people under the bus” when Ann Curry was fired. I think he was angry about that too.

I was just so happy to see Ann go, I didn't care how it happened 

• Love 3
On 1/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, Mrsjumbo said:

Have you ever counted the number of commercials on this show? I watch it on DVR while I’m doing housework so I FF through the commercials. Today I counted at the 1/2 hour mark 22 commercials in a row, followed by local weather & then 7 more commercials!

A big chunk of those are courtesy your local affiliate.  I haven't really watched the 7-9AM Today in years, but was always aware they did 5 minute cut-aways to the local stations at :25 and :55.  Years ago, those five minutes were 3+ minutes of local news, maybe a minute of local weather, and 30 seconds of commercials, sometimes two 15-second quickies.  Last week, I wanted to get an update on a local story, so turned on the TV.  The ratio was totally flipped.  Maybe 30 seconds of local headlines -- basically one sentence snippets bringing no value at all.  The weather lasted barely 30 seconds.  The rest was local commercials.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

A big chunk of those are courtesy your local affiliate.  I haven't really watched the 7-9AM Today in years, but was always aware they did 5 minute cut-aways to the local stations at :25 and :55.  Years ago, those five minutes were 3+ minutes of local news, maybe a minute of local weather, and 30 seconds of commercials, sometimes two 15-second quickies.  Last week, I wanted to get an update on a local story, so turned on the TV.  The ratio was totally flipped.  Maybe 30 seconds of local headlines -- basically one sentence snippets bringing no value at all.  The weather lasted barely 30 seconds.  The rest was local commercials.

Yes I’m near NYC so it seems every other commercial is for a broadway musical which I then grow to NOT want to see because the same commercials get annoying fast. I was so happy when the Gloria estefan musical closed just so that I didn’t have to hear the same one line from “get on your feet” for the upteenth time.  I’m currently hating on “the Cher show” commercials. 

I'm saying this as an Eagles fan, so I may be a little biased, but I thought Hoda was extremely obnoxious when Savannah was paying off their bet in the subway.  I doubt Hoda would have been as gracious if the tables were turned. 

#FlyEaglesFly   

• Love 4
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

I guess Hoda is here to stay on the 4th hour.  Since Jenna Bush wasn't added to the new 3rd hour, I guess she will now replace Kathie Lee.

Will there be no end to Hoda's baby stories?

Baby stories will end.....  then it will be Toddler Tales !

• Love 4
9 hours ago, lb60 said:

I'm saying this as an Eagles fan, so I may be a little biased, but I thought Hoda was extremely obnoxious when Savannah was paying off their bet in the subway.  I doubt Hoda would have been as gracious if the tables were turned. 

#FlyEaglesFly   

Agreed. She behaved like an 8 year old. I find her over the top antics and freakish smiling annoying.

• Love 11