Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Just watched the whole Halloween episode. I agree Sheinelle looked the best. I think of Elton John as more of a 1970’s singer. I know he had some hits in the 80’s & beyond, but he had SO many hits in the 70’s. KLG looked really bony as Madonna.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did I sleep for 3 months?  Why were Hoda and Jenna celebrating Mardi Gras?  (Not that I wouldn't mind missing most of the winter.)

Well, they were having fun :)  But, they were there to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the founding of New Orleans.  

• Love 1

The New Orleans gig had to have been pre-recorded, since both Hoda and Jedda were live in the studio earlier, and I don't think the travel time between NY and LA can be accomplished within the scope of one day's Today show.

The Halloween show was pretty dull.  No one really looked like their characters except Sheinelle.   

Hoda looked like Mick Jagger in an Elton John costume!   She has a huge mouth!

They need to stop trying to make Kathie Lee look like young singers, it only makes her look older!  First it was Miley, which was horribly embarrassing, now a young Madonna.  Between her bony figure and botox, it's scary! She looks more like Joan Crawford because of whatever she did to her eyes with botox and surgery! And didn't Madonna have blonde hair in that video? How hard would it have been to find a blonde wig, unless Kathie Lee wanted her own hair color.

And why did they dress Savannah to look like she was in a 1950's outfit? She looked and acted to cutsie to be Cyndi Lauper! Where was the purple and pink hair? She was way to prissy!

All and all, it was boring.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

The Halloween show was pretty dull.  No one really looked like their characters except Sheinelle.   

They need to stop trying to make Kathie Lee look like young singers, it only makes her look older!  First it was Miley, which was horribly embarrassing, now a young Madonna.  Between her bony figure and botox, it's scary! She looks more like Joan Crawford because of whatever she did to her eyes with botox and surgery! And didn't Madonna have blonde hair in that video? How hard would it have been to find a blonde wig, unless Kathie Lee wanted her own hair color.

And why did they dress Savannah to look like she was in a 1950's outfit? She looked and acted to cutsie to be Cyndi Lauper! Where was the purple and pink hair? She was way to prissy!

You nailed it!

• Love 2

Why does Kathie Lee always talk with her mouth full of food ? Whether it is a cooking segment or they are  tasting food during host chat, it’s so gross that she can’t just stop talking or swallow before she starts babbling !    For someone who is so into etiquette, it seems odd .   Is it the Botox that is stopping her from moving her mouth , or is she just holding food in her mouth so she can spit it out after the segment ? 

Hoda and and the constant “Oh My God” and “wow “ at everything just makes her look very dumb and naive , then again I don’t think she’s her bright !

6 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

OMG  Hoda could  do a great Mick Jagger !  I always wonder why  she needs to open her huge mouth when she smiles , then I saw her mom and sister in a picture and they all have that annoying smile they looks like they are going to bite someone’s head off ! 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, orangekit said:

Why does Kathie Lee always talk with her mouth full of food ? Whether it is a cooking segment or they are  tasting food during host chat, it’s so gross that she can’t just stop talking or swallow before she starts babbling !    For someone who is so into etiquette, it seems odd .   Is it the Botox that is stopping her from moving her mouth , or is she just holding food in her mouth so she can spit it out after the segment ? 

Hoda and and the constant “Oh My God” and “wow “ at everything just makes her look very dumb and naive , then again I don’t think she’s her bright !

OMG  Hoda could  do a great Mick Jagger !  I always wonder why  she needs to open her huge mouth when she smiles , then I saw her mom and sister in a picture and they all have that annoying smile they looks like they are going to bite someone’s head off ! 

13 hours ago, orangekit said:

You nailed it, too!

Edited by Bugaboo
Delete
15 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I don’t understand why they are always fawning over/talking about Chip & Joanna Gaines when it’s a different network’s show.

I don't understand why they fawn over them, regardless of what network their show is on.

• Love 16
On 11/5/2018 at 12:17 PM, goldenpuppy said:

And did they dress Savannah to look like she was in a 1950's outfit? She looked and acted to cutsie to be Cyndi Lauper! Where was the purple and pink hair? She was way to prissy!

Just now, orangekit said:

Carson as Bruce Springsteen was also really bad!

• Love 2

I love Craig Melvin and I think he is the best addition to the weekday show however I do not feel that Hoda and Savanah are comfortable with him, any guesses why, I think I know why but I would be curious to see your opinion.

Enjoy your Saturday.

• Love 1

I don’t love Craig’s craggly voice but I think he’s a good addition, when he isn’t voicing his political views.

if Hoda & Savannah aren’t comfortable with him (I haven’t noticed), maybe because it’s that they loved all the attention of being the only show with 2 female leads & now they have to share?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I don’t love Craig’s craggly voice but I think he’s a good addition, when he isn’t voicing his political views

Craig Melvin used to be a local newscaster here in DC, and his voice grated on my nerves so much that I just couldn't stand to listen to him.  While he seems like a nice guy and I'm happy that he moved up the ladder professionally, I still can't listen to him.  Maybe Savannah and Hoda can't stand his voice either.

• Love 3

Craig Melvin seems like a nice person and all, but I have to ask, how in the world do you end up in broadcasting with a voice like that?  It's so distracting to the point of being painful to listen to.  Our local traffic person on the NBC station in Philly--Jessica Boyington--has that same awful, raspy, grating voice.  It's not like the news/traffic aren't bad enough on their own, but their being delivered in that dreadful timbre is just too much.  

Edited by beeziebee
  • Love 5

Not only is his voice raspy, but when he gets excited it becomes so high-pitched it's enough to make a dog run and hide.  I just cannot understand how he's risen up in the ranks with that voice.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Not only is his voice raspy, but when he gets excited it becomes so high-pitched it's enough to make a dog run and hide.  I just cannot understand how he's risen up in the ranks with that voice.  

To be fair Tom brokaw doesn’t have a great voice in my opinion. There is a local weather woman here in the nyc area, Janice huff, who sounds congested. I first thought she was sick but now realize it’s just her voice. I find it worse than Craig’s. I know mods, this is off-topic. 

• Love 1

I just saw the article and had to came over here to see if anyone commented.  I think the more common spelling is pone.  I had Addy's Cookbook (American Girl dolls) growing up  and one of the recipes in there is sweet potato pone.  

• Love 1

Kimm, I would give you a 100 likes for your comment.  I used to be a fan of Hoda and Savannah but have since become neutral.  It was a knee jerk reaction when TPTB gave the job to Hoda because she was a woman and the rating ticked up  I  love Craig's voice its a southern voice but the thing about Craig is you can tell he is a genuinely great guy and is so happy to be in the job   The thing with Craig is he is positive but it does not come across fake and the chemistry that he has with Sheinelle, Dylan and Al can not be bought, their chemistry is what all shows wish they had.  In the perfect world I would like Craig and Sheinelle to be the hosts of the Weekday Today but Middle America is unfortunately not ready for it

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Kimmmmmm said:

Late here, but I think Craig Melvin is great, including his voice....he, Willy, Sheinelle and Dylan are the only ones I can stand anymore...the rest can all go far, far away...and stay there

Yes but may I add with a sprinkling of Lester Holt. I find his presence calming. 

• Love 8

Some of things Rossen covers I liked, I thought the repeat of the report on Target's or Walmart's curb side delivery worked was informative, but a lot of his pieces are nonsense.  Shit like "will an iPhone survive being dropped from a building" is stupid.  Dropping $1000 phones under conditions most people would never drop them (like off a multi-story building) is wasteful and dumb.

Bush 41 deserves respect, but I tire of these multiple day funerals.  And it probably won't be over on Today until they talk to their own Jenna Bush Hager about Gampy's passing.

• Love 5

So, Kathie Lee is leaving. Who knew? LOL!!! I guess 11 years was enough for her. I wonder if Hoda will want to continue. I'm sure doing the 2 hours in the morning is enough for her. There hour block is popular so I wonder if the brass will want her to leave or not.

• Love 1

I guess KLG wants to continue with her 'red-hot" Movie career! :)  I am surprised tho that she wants to leave, this show definatly upped her visibility...she will stay until April.  Personally, I would like to see Jenna Bush Hager take the spot, she & Hoda get along and have fun together, and Jenna has a nice personality that translates well on-screen.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I guess KLG wants to continue with her 'red-hot" Movie career! :)  I am surprised tho that she wants to leave, this show definatly upped her visibility...she will stay until April.  Personally, I would like to see Jenna Bush Hager take the spot, she & Hoda get along and have fun together, and Jenna has a nice personality that translates well on-screen.

Can't.stand.Jenna. Her face hurts me. Although, she & Hoda & Savanah are all bff's. It will be interesting to see if Hoda stays and who will replace KLG. It's a good paying gig with plenty visibility. Maybe, Sheinelle Jones? That would be a major height issue between Hoda and Sheinelle. LOL!!! I just hope they don't replace KLG with a celebrity like Kelly Clarkson or Meghan Trainor. Kelly is okay but I could do without Trainor.

Edited by ByaNose
24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Can't.stand.Jenna. Her face hurts me. Although, she & Hoda & Savanah are all bff's. It will be interesting to see if Hoda stays and who will replace KLG. It's a good paying gig with plenty visibility. Maybe, Sheinelle Jones? That would be a major height issue between Hoda and Sheinelle. LOL!!! I just hope they don't replace KLG with a celebrity like Kelly Clarkson or Meghan Trainor. Kelly is okay but I could do without Trainor.

I like Jenna. But yes a little of Trainor goes a long way. 

Here's the announcement:

The local affiliates should fight for that hour.  Heck, the local NBC station that I receive doesn't even air the fourth hour at 10:00, they show some unwatchable local talk show/infomercial.

I think in general, people like KLG and Hoda together, there's no one on the show that has that spark that I think the audience would respond to.  Al, Dylan and Sheinelle have a SiriusXM talk show, but I didn't find them that special together when they did Today's Take for those few months before Megyn's disaster hour premiered.

Jenna's ok.  I'd definitely take her over Kelly Clarkson, Meghan Trainor or even Sheinelle. 

I just hope Jenna is done talking about "Gampy."  I know she's still grieving but it's time to move on if you're doing a tv show. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, we all know her plate is overflowing.  I don't think it matters that much who takes her place.  Somebody with some wit, hopefully.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/11/media/kathie-lee-gifford-leaving-today-show/index.html