Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I am loving the "new" hour three.  No more Megyn Kelly (thank you, baby Jesus).  Just a small collection of experienced television professionals who seem to truly enjoy each others' company, and have mostly interesting things to say.  Loved Craig Melvin's segment this morning on the wall, um, gardens?  (Can't remember the proper name.)  I'm a sucker for any kind of gardening.  What a great idea for adding some natural beauty to the interior, when most of us are frozen out of our balcony and backyard gardens.

• Love 7
On 1/16/2019 at 8:12 AM, Bugaboo said:

Agreed. She behaved like an 8 year old. I find her over the top antics and freakish smiling annoying.

I thought Jenna would be immature and annoying , but Hoda does act like a middle school girl ! She is so goofy and immature .

Her smile is freaky and overdone .  It’s hard to hate Hoda because she seems like a genuinely nice person , but she is annoying .

And it looks Kathie Lee is really full forces into trying to be a senior citizen teenager !  There is no reason for her to sit around and not have a life , or dress like an old fart . But, the overdone Botox and surgery,  anorexic body, and her wardrobe  looks silly and sad on her and makes her look even older .

The video is her singing with that country singer yesttqas cringeworthy . Her outfit looked like something a 15 year old would wear !

I wonder when she’ll be pawing at Craig Ferguson for one is the multiple movies she made so she could live out her fantasies of doing him!  It’s actu good that she’s leaving. She is just pathetic lately .

• Love 6
16 hours ago, orangekit said:

And it looks Kathie Lee is really full forces into trying to be a senior citizen teenager !  There is no reason for her to sit around and not have a life , or dress like an old fart . But, the overdone Botox and surgery,  anorexic body, and her wardrobe  looks silly and sad on her and makes her look even older .

Well, I guess she can't do too much about the overdone plastic surgery at this point. She could certainly eat, get rid of some hair extensions and wear some long sleeves.

Of course she is going to age but she looked amazing when the she first started on the show.

• Love 1

Oh No! What will Hoda do? The Saints lost, but there was a controversial call when everyone seems to think caused the Rams to go to the SuperBowl!

Yesterday she posted s pregame picture of herself with her signature, overdone, annoying big mouth smile before the game .

Since she acted like an overgrown middle schooler when they won, I can’t imagine her reaction now !

It’s too bad if the team was treated unfairly, but at least we don’t have to see weeks of annoying Hoda with her annoying growing going crazy . Although I am sure we’ll have endless “deep” thoughts from Haley Joy and about Haley Joy, since Hoda seems to think she’s some philosopher , or as if her daughter is so out of the ordinary! Kind of like KL and her endless Cody stories ! 

• Love 5

I used to like Hoda, but now she just drives me crazy.  First of all, Haley Joy tries to escape from her crib every few months and Hoda talks about it like it's the first time.  Second, Savannah first told Hoda that if the Eagles won, she would have to wear the jersey at some point.  Hoda then tells Savannah - you'll have to do this, you'll have to do that and then you will have to blah blah blah.  Turned it into a bigger deal.  To me, it seemed as though Savannah was surprised that Hoda made the bet bigger.

Jenna - used to like her.  I realize that she hasn't had as many life experiences as Kathie Lee, but it's kids, grandparents, kids, grandparents, etc.   I think she is trying too hard.  She interrupts the guests, asks too many questions during cooking segments or "how to" segments when the guest is already explaining.  She talks over her co-workers, won't let them start their stories, etc.  I enjoyed it when Natalie Morales was co-hosting the 3rd hour last month.  Every time Jenna tried to talk over her, Natalie just kept on going.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm so glad they ditched the live audience during the 3rd hour. It made no sense and added nothing to the show. 

The network had probably sold tickets to/for a live audience for several weeks in advance.  I suspect they were just letting the clock run out on that.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CatsAndMoreCats said:

The network had probably sold tickets to/for a live audience for several weeks in advance.  I suspect they were just letting the clock run out on that.

Yeah, I figured this was the case.

• Love 1

I don’t watch the 3rd hour, I really don’t care about their opinions on things. Tamron Hall has moved on to ABC in what sounds like an interesting show. The Today show really messed up burning bridges with her, she could have put that show in the 3rd hour.

ugh with all the celebrity kissing up now that it is “awards season”!!

Oh, & I generally like Jenna, but her voice is so shaky all of the time. It sounds like she’s going to start crying.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I don’t watch the 3rd hour, I really don’t care about their opinions on things. Tamron Hall has moved on to ABC in what sounds like an interesting show. The Today show really messed up burning bridges with her, she could have put that show in the 3rd hour.

ugh with all the celebrity kissing up now that it is “awards season”!!

Oh, & I generally like Jenna, but her voice is so shaky all of the time. It sounds like she’s going to start crying.

Do you ever watch CBS Sunday morning? There is a coorespondent (I think Rita braver) who is decades older than jenna but has the exact same raspy voice! In fact I thought it was Jenna before I saw it wasn’t.  For some reason I’m ok with Jenna and the raspiness but find Rita’s very irritating. 

17 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Do you ever watch CBS Sunday morning? There is a coorespondent (I think Rita braver) who is decades older than jenna but has the exact same raspy voice! In fact I thought it was Jenna before I saw it wasn’t.  For some reason I’m ok with Jenna and the raspiness but find Rita’s very irritating. 

I'm in the opposing corner. Love Rita Braver and have no problem with her voice. She does a great job on that show. OTOH, I loathe Jenna and think she's a full-blown idiot.

• Love 3

Boy, Savannah really does NOT want to do the 10-day challenge that JLo gave to HODA who is basically FORCING everyone else to go along.  To the point of Savannah getting pretty pissed and Hoda being pretty pushy.... 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I think that JLo challenge is stupid. There’s nothing wrong with eating hummus, fruits, etc. But alcohol is fine (eyeroll).

The worse thing is that they spent 7 minutes on that segment.

Yes.  I have a LOT of concerns with a CELEBRITY giving health and nutritional advice.  She will have a lot more credibility when she can show me her degree in nutrition. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I think that JLo challenge is stupid. There’s nothing wrong with eating hummus, fruits, etc. But alcohol is fine (eyeroll).

The worse thing is that they spent 7 minutes on that segment.

The only reason they gave it all that time was because it was Jlo, who they worship on that show. Not the mention jlo called hoda out by name so they must’ve been beyond chuffed! I agree the challenge is stupid.  It’s like a test to see if jlo can start a trend and see how far it will actually go. If it was a Minor celeb I doubt they would have even mentioned it. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

The only reason they gave it all that time was because it was Jlo, who they worship on that show. Not the mention jlo called hoda out by name so they must’ve been beyond chuffed! I agree the challenge is stupid.  It’s like a test to see if jlo can start a trend and see how far it will actually go. If it was a Minor celeb I doubt they would have even mentioned it. 

Very true ! They idolization of JLo  and Beyoncé, among others is nauseating!

It’s hilarious how they get so amazed that a celebrity “looks younger “ than they did five years ago! Gee , it can’t be Botox and other plastic surgery!

And I’ve seen pics of Beyoncé without makeup, she looks like a normal person , nothing special . 

JLo in the other hand did some video lip syncing or something like that with her gross old boyfriend , Casper. She had no makeup on.

Sorry, she looks awfull! Beyond being very unattractive, she didn’t look healthy . I wouldn’t take nutritional advice from her ! She is all makeup and whatever is done to her ! And I’m sure she’s had major work to keep her abs looking good !

Hoda is just immature, and not bright! It’s fine for the third hour on some fluff show , but when she brings this to the news, it’s embarrasing!  Savannah is not my favorite, but after Hoda’s immature behavior with the football game , and now the JLo nonsense. I wonder if she wishes someone else was chosen to do the news with her.

Even Jenna comes across less stupid and silly than Hoda at times !

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, orangekit said:

JLo in the other hand did some video lip syncing or something like that with her gross old boyfriend , Casper. She had no makeup on.

I agree! Amazing what makeup and lighting can do! But hey, people keep worshiping her incredible ability to look so young and attractive all the time so it is what it is!

D77697E0-D934-4EF5-8CE4-5AB46E555DA2.jpeg

• Love 4
On 1/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, OpalNightstream said:

I agree! Amazing what makeup and lighting can do! But hey, people keep worshiping her incredible ability to look so young and attractive all the time so it is what it is!

Yikes !  Make up does wonders ! 

Hoda and Kathie Lee always idolize anyone who is popular,  but JLo, Beyonce  and Angelina  worship is nauseating .   

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, Dakisela said:

Boy, Savannah really does NOT want to do the 10-day challenge that JLo gave to HODA who is basically FORCING everyone else to go along.  To the point of Savannah getting pretty pissed and Hoda being pretty pushy.... 

I thought Savannah was on Keto?  Either way, Hoda needs to tone it down.  She was so annoying this morning with her manic energy.  I'm waiting to see if/when she gets the headaches most people get at first when they give up sugar.  And I love Carson's "what if I just don't want to do it" honesty.  This was something that should have been discussed off screen as to who wanted to do the challenge, not "you're all my friends, so I think you'll do it" kind of attack.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought Savannah was on Keto?  Either way, Hoda needs to tone it down.  She was so annoying this morning with her manic energy.  I'm waiting to see if/when she gets the headaches most people get at first when they give up sugar.  And I love Carson's "what if I just don't want to do it" honesty.  This was something that should have been discussed off screen as to who wanted to do the challenge, not "you're all my friends, so I think you'll do it" kind of attack.

Hoda really is a PITA. So immature😵!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Yikes !  Make up does wonders ! 

Hoda and Kathie Lee always idolize anyone who is popular,  but JLo, Beyonce  and Angelina  worship is nauseating .   

On 1/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Ewww! They both high!  She could play the witch of the west in the wizard of Oz without needing any make up to do so !

Besides the fact they are “dubsmashing” a song called “white girls anthem” , which mocks white women  for going to Starbucks and wearing yoga pants , which is offensive IMo, she is wearing fur which turns me off right away , but that is just me.

And Jlo without make up is not at all healthy looking , so why take diet advice from here ?  Her  body is most likely as fake as her face is that she paints on! 

• Love 7

Carson Daly must have a lot of pull at NBC.  He already has his wife on with her cooking, and today his sister was on making chicken soup or something.  The way she kept saying "chickiiiiiinnnnn" got on my nerves.  I hope this was just a one time appearance, but if she does return, I hope she doesn't make anything with chickiiiiinnnnnn.  

• Love 2

I loved the segment with Carson & his sister, at the end I was teary-eyed when he told how his sister moved her family from LA to NYC to live down the street from her brother since they had lost their parents recently & they had only each other.  And Carson makes me laugh with his whole "I am NOT taking part in JLo's challenge"! And was eating donuts in front of Hoda on the 4th hour...I have to admit Carson makes me chuckle.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Carson Daly must have a lot of pull at NBC.  He already has his wife on with her cooking, and today his sister was on making chicken soup or something.  The way she kept saying "chickiiiiiinnnnn" got on my nerves.  I hope this was just a one time appearance, but if she does return, I hope she doesn't make anything with chickiiiiinnnnnn.  

He quit the 10 day challenge cause of his sister's pot pie, and viewers were asking for the recipe.  And if his wife weren't a good cook, she wouldn't be on the show.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

He quit the 10 day challenge cause of his sister's pot pie, and viewers were asking for the recipe.  And if his wife weren't a good cook, she wouldn't be on the show.

I'm sure there are a lot of good cooks who would love to be on the show, besides his wife and sister.  And I'm also sure that there are plenty of cooks out there who have chickiiiinnnn pot pie recipes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I am not a fan of Carson Daly but I love how he's been all "oh, hell no" about the stupid challenge. And since Hoda is talking about gorging when it's over, what the heck was the point?

Can you imagine if all of them were on the challenge - who would eat the food the guests cooked?  Even Al takes a bite or two to give an opinion.  Hoda has her bowl of steamed broccoli to keep her going:/  TBH, I would have attacked that mountain of pastries:)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I loved the segment with Carson & his sister, at the end I was teary-eyed when he told how his sister moved her family from LA to NYC to live down the street from her brother since they had lost their parents recently & they had only each other.  And Carson makes me laugh with his whole "I am NOT taking part in JLo's challenge"! And was eating donuts in front of Hoda on the 4th hour...I have to admit Carson makes me chuckle.

I also enjoyed their segment.  I've liked Carson since his TRL days (back when everyone was calling him a tool). 

Anyone who can take Hoda down a peg or ten is okay in my book.

• Love 7

Jenna needs to learn not to pronounce the letter “t”!  She pronounces worse like “important “ as  “impordand”. , which is annoying !  If your going to work in broadcasting, learn to actually pronounce words correctly! That along with her raspy voice that sounds like she’s about to cry at everything  is hard to take on a daily basis !

I think Hoda  and Jenna  are both nice,  but together on a daily basis they would be awful. 

The sad part is, Hoda is in her 50’s , and she should be able to work with a younger , less mature cohost . But, she’s not smart, and she’s so immature herself , it’s awful when she has a young cohost like Jenna every day.

i think Carson would actually make a good cohost for Hoda 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, orangekit said:

Jenna needs to learn not to pronounce the letter “t”!  She pronounces worse like “important “ as  “impordand”. , which is annoying !  If your going to work in broadcasting, learn to actually pronounce words correctly! That along with her raspy voice that sounds like she’s about to cry at everything  is hard to take on a daily basis !

I think Hoda  and Jenna  are both nice,  but together on a daily basis they would be awful. 

The sad part is, Hoda is in her 50’s , and she should be able to work with a younger , less mature cohost . But, she’s not smart, and she’s so immature herself , it’s awful when she has a young cohost like Jenna every day.

i think Carson would actually make a good cohost for Hoda 

The impordant thing is Southern, so I’m not surprised that Jenna speaks that way.  But what is really bothering me is the Millennials who can’t say the letter L or the letter T if it’s in the middle of a word.  They say code for cold, they say mouain for mountain buin for button and on and on.  Do these young women need speech therapy or are they just lazy in talking.  Is it a result of verbalizing only on social media rather than actually talking?  We have a young reporter here who couldn’t find the letter L with both hands.  For her it’s tunno instead of tunnel.  Professiono instead of professional, vehico instead of vehicle.  And I don’t get why these deficiencies aren’t corrected in journalism school.

Why did Kathy Lee push her leaving to April when she’s never on in the first place?   If she wanted to start her new career now, which I can’t see being a success, why didn’t she say goodby before Christmas?  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 5

Funny how it was so important for Craig Melvin to put up a picture of his WIFE's cheese tray totally taking the time away from the poor woman who was there to actually SHOW how to make hers, which have garnered much social media interest, so much that time ran out and we were left with only a salami river.....

That was his gift to the poor wife as he leaves her and the kids for Super Bowl week-end.....

• Love 1
On 1/30/2019 at 10:21 PM, lb60 said:

I've liked Carson since his TRL days (back when everyone was calling him a tool). 

Me too.  I've always had a soft spot for Carson since TRL.  I actually loved the segment with his sister and their story.  I loved how Carson was like "I am not going to say no to my sister;s chicken pot pie because JLo says so."  

Dylan seemed a bit pissed yesterday that she would not be going to the Super Bowl party, since she's a Pats fan and all.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Me too.  I've always had a soft spot for Carson since TRL.  I actually loved the segment with his sister and their story.  I loved how Carson was like "I am not going to say no to my sister;s chicken pot pie because JLo says so."  

Dylan seemed a bit pissed yesterday that she would not be going to the Super Bowl party, since she's a Pats fan and all.

I would be surprised if Dylan wanted to go.  She just spent two days away from Calvin.  But then, like you said, she's a Pats fan:)

On 1/31/2019 at 10:38 AM, KLovestoShop said:

Why did Kathy Lee push her leaving to April when she’s never on in the first place?   If she wanted to start her new career now, which I can’t see being a success, why didn’t she say goodby before Christmas?  

Probably because Kathie Lee has been around long enough to know to honor her contract and commitments.  Being gone for most of January has been a thing for most of her time on the show.  She negotiated her deal and NBC agreed to it, extended vacations and all.  Besides, leaving during the hubbub of the holiday season would create less *publicity* than leaving in the beginning of April.

Success is defined so oddly these days.  Entertainment is so fractured and niche-y.  There is a market for the shtick that KLG has.  It won't win awards or have mass appeal, but if it's done well, she won't go broke anytime soon.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I have to admit I liked seeing KLG back. And she looked good- age appropriate dress, hair & makeup looked nice.

Yes , she finally didn’t look like a 60’year old trying to be 18!

I like Jenna as a substitute in small doses , but after a steady diet is her and Hoda , I appreciate KLG’s experience and her ability to host . 

Jenna and Hoda . may be nice people , but they are one note and afternoon  not very interesting.  Both are constantly trying to be deep about their babies and toddlers .  And Jenna sounds like she’s ready to cry every other minute with her raspy voice .

Jenna has no skills for interviewing . She constantly interrupts guests and can’t pronounce simple words ! It’s a good thing daddy was President our she’d never have that job . 

i never realized how much KLG carries the show until she was gone and annoying Hoda had to take the lead . 

They need someone male or female who’s experienced and doesn’t spend the time talking about babies and sappy quotes for an hour !

• Love 7

I agree that Kathie Lee is skilled at being a talk show host . I just can’t stand the Christian preaching .   

I had to laugh when she basically said she loved Nashville because  no one even talked about the election in November when she was there !  

I do get that sometimes the constant  need to talk politics is too much, and I have to turn it off. But rich , white people basically being stressed because people are resisting racist politicians now is a bit annoying . I’m sorry if Kathie Lee and others who don’t experience the hate and the result of racist policies are uncomfortable when people talk about it  , but people will speak up and talk about what is important to them .  

It’s always interesting how some like Kathie Lee do great charity work , but don’t want to think about the  children and families being hurt that some feel are not entitled to humane treatment , because they’ve been demonized. It’s great  to take trips to the holy land, but sometimes you have to do more than go to charity balls and wear a gown, or throw money at a problem, and actually be uncomfortable and speak out about injustice.  For someone who is posting bible verses everyday and also talks about her faith non stop to not speak out about  treatment of kids who some literally say they don’t care about , is interesting .

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, OpalNightstream said:

I am not a fan of Carson Daly but I love how he's been all "oh, hell no" about the stupid challenge. And since Hoda is talking about gorging when it's over, what the heck was the point?

Exactly!

She probably ate more sugar and carbs (or whatever it was) after it was over than if she never did it for ten days.

• Love 2

I'm really hating these Kathie Lee "throw back clips" are whatever they are called. Why are they going back to the beginning of time? Stupid exercise videos!

Why not just show clips of her from the Today show? Gosh, she has been there 11 years-can't they find something?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

I do not ever want to hear about Today hosts’ sleeping practices with their partners. Ewww

I remember several years ago they did a segment on what everyone wore to bed. OMG. TMI. Of course, Kathie Lee slept in the nude. The oddest one for me though, was Joy Bauer. She said she slept in whatever top she had worn that day. She just kept on her blouse or top and wore that as pajamas. I still think that is so odd! And kind of gross. You have been out and about all day and your clothes get dirty, but you are just climbing into bed at the end of the day in what you have worn all day? Bizarre to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Kathie Lee was embarrassing with Craig Ferguson. It’s so obvious she had the hots for him . And today she acts like a middle school girl talking about her crush when she said that she had lunch with him and told a story he told her .  Is she going to really make five movies with him ?

She really is quite hot for married men for being such a holy roller ! She went after Frank when he was still married , so I guess she’s horny again and no one is off limits !

It was also funny to hear her criticizing people for eating pot brownies for anxiety who are in shoe business , when she drinks wine at 10am and even started her own line of wine !

• Love 7

I think Carson’s remarks are refreshing. Like today when Dr Oz suggested grilled salmon for lunch Carson says “that’s not realistic for someone who’s running out for a half hour lunch”. And when he saw the salad for dinner said “I’d rather die at 80 eating my way than live to 90 eating this way”.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
50 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I think Carson’s remarks are refreshing. Like today when Dr Oz suggested grilled salmon for lunch Carson says “that’s not realistic for someone who’s running out for a half hour lunch”. And when he saw the salad for dinner said “I’d rather die at 80 eating my way than live to 90 eating this way”.

I enjoyed his comments during the Jlo challenge about not doing it cause he just didn't want to:)  He lost his parents within a few weeks of each other and he wants to enjoy life and make every moment count.  Who can blame him.  

• Love 9