Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

As usual, not one mention of World Autism Awareness Day yesterday, though they did put pins on after the first 1/2 hour (probably given to them by someone outside on the plaza). Geez, you think they might give up one 1 minute bantering segment to squeeze in a mention.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

As usual, not one mention of World Autism Awareness Day yesterday, though they did put pins on after the first 1/2 hour (probably given to them by someone outside on the plaza). Geez, you think they might give up one 1 minute bantering segment to squeeze in a mention. 

They mentioned it on the 3rd hour.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

The loved the faces of craig and shenille when Al broke the “glass” bottle. It’s moments like that on live TV I enjoy watching. Not the fake huggy kissy stuff they do (like on the view) with celebrities. 

Just as good as when the man jumped out of the pizza boxes earlier this week.  Craig knew something was up, and Dylan and Sheinelle running away was great:)

• Love 2

My goodness how tiny is Kristen Chenoweth?  She was sitting next to Kathie Lee on the sofa and Kathie Lee looked so much bigger.  Kristen looked like she was about 10 years old.  

My goodness how tiny is Kristen Chenoweth?  She was sitting next to Kathie Lee on the sofa and Kathie Lee looked so much bigger.  Kristen looked like she was about 10 years old.

She's 4'11''.  I think she looked so little because she was sitting on a couch without pillows to make her look not so small.  Sheinelle is that short, but you can see they have her chair adjusted to its maximum height and is sitting on extra cushions when they're all on the couch.

Those Everyone Has a Story songs were so bad and corny, but I'm going to miss it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rose321 said:

They mentioned it on the 3rd hour.

Oh, I don’t bother with the 3rd hour.

i mean, they make a week out of women’s heart health month or breast cancer, & even international day of the woman got a lot of coverage. All they would have to do is take off 1  Megan Markle story for 1 day & could mention it there. 😜

I wish they would stop forcing Rita Wilson’s singing “career.”  She seems like a perfectly nice woman, but if she wasn’t married to Tom Hanks, she’d not be singing on the “Today” show.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, readheaded said:

I wish they would stop forcing Rita Wilson’s singing “career.”  She seems like a perfectly nice woman, but if she wasn’t married to Tom Hanks, she’d not be singing on the “Today” show.  

I've never heard her sing before and don't care to again. I ended up placing the volume on mute for the last part of her song. 

• Love 5

I was surprised when they said Rita Wilson has released four albums.  She does have enough money to waste producing music few people listen to.

Kathie Lee's farewell was very nice.  I'm glad she got to leave on her own terms this time around, without the air of bitterness and being forced out like on Live.  I really liked the tribute to her her kids did.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I was surprised when they said Rita Wilson has released four albums.  She does have enough money to waste producing music few people listen to.

Kathie Lee's farewell was very nice.  I'm glad she got to leave on her own terms this time around, without the air of bitterness and being forced out like on Live.  I really liked the tribute to her her kids did.

I really liked the toast from Chuck Nice during the Guys Tell All segment.  You could tell that just touched her.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I still don't believe she left on her own terms. I truly believe she was forced out because of her age. I think they wanted a younger demographic. But that's just my view. I might be wrong. 

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:
23 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I still don't believe she left on her own terms. I truly believe she was forced out because of her age. I think they wanted a younger demographic. But that's just my view. I might be wrong. 

Kathie Lee wanted to leave a year ago, after ten years.  After the Matt Lauer and Megyn Kelly "exits"  NBC wanted her to stay one more year, giving her all the time off she wanted for her movie, which is why she was gone for month in Feb.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6486293/Kathie-Lee-Gifford-ready-leave-NBC-2017-executives-begged-stay-year.html

• Love 3

Yeah I don't believe they forced her out because of her age.  After all, the younger demographic is probably at work anyway, and I wonder how many young SAHMs even watch.  I certainly don't know any young people who watch this show. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm really beginning to wonder about Hoda. And, I'm beginning to like her less and less each day.  She said she hoped Kathi Lee knew how much she loved her.  Past tense.  Reminded me how much she loved her dog until the kid came along.  Kathi Lee is out, so, I guess Hoda will now love Jenna until someone else comes along.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't see why not - they've already changed the Insta account from KLGandhoda to HodaandJenna.  Why not keep it klgandhoda and just start a new one???

I don't get that either. They should've at least kept the old account.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:11 PM, Ohwell said:

Trust me Chenoweth loves to remind us how tiny she is. She’s completely aware!

• Love 3
On 4/5/2019 at 9:00 AM, readheaded said:

We also wouldn’t have to have heard about whatever film ms Cassidy Gifford was in that I never heard of outside of this show. 

Hoda to Jenna- "Isn't it weird how you always remember where you went to school?"  First of all, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard anyone say, and, secondly, Hoda, not being able to remember that is called dementia.  I don't think I can do this show anymore.

• LOL 8

So, KLG didn't die? I thought with the send off she got she had left the earth. Jeez! Where is the big movie she took all that time off for? I've always said KLG does a lot off stuff but it's never actually seen. I'm kind of glad she is gone. Now, I don't have to see her and Hoda cry about Hoda adopting her daughter from 2 frickin years ago. OMG! People adopt everyday and these two are still crying over it like it's some amazing feat. That said, I can't take Jenna either. Her face hurts me. I think Hoda and Jenna are friends outside the show so I'm assuming they'll be fine as host for the 4th hour. Time will tell if the viewers take to her though. Hoda & KLG had a good 11 year run ratings wise.

• Love 5

Kathie Lee is a mess ! First of all, she  acts like a pathetic old dog in heat! She  hung all over the guy in Italy, she straddled John Cena when he walked out during her good bye show and looked like an idiot !  And her obvious need to make out and have movie sex with Craig Ferguson is so out of hand she’s going to Make five movies with him ?  Wtf ? 

I read long ago that Frank’s  previous wife felt Kathie Lee was making moves on Frank when he was still married to her , and now that I see how she is when she doesn’t have a guy, I don’t doubt it one bit!  

The only difference now is that KL is no longer the younger single woman hitting on the older man who is married to a woman older than her.  Now she’s the botoxed, anorexic old lady trying to get a younger guy, and it looks embarrassing, pathetic,  and desperate. 

And  after straddling John Cena and babbling about Craig Ferguson, she finished the show with bible quotes ! 

It’s always the people who are the preachy , holy roller types who are the biggest hypocrites doing whatever they want, and judging others ! 

• Love 10

I watched the DVR of Jenna’s first day. Lots of crying and people praising her. I’m sure it will die down somewhat hereafter. Overall, the show was dull. I think it will take time to make “history” like Hoda & KLG did. They had 11 years to perfect it. I’m sure if ratings don't stay near what they currently have she’ll be out the door faster than you can say Ann Curry. 

• Love 1
On 4/6/2019 at 2:00 AM, DuckyinKy said:

I don’t disagree. I think that’s why Hoda is desperately trying to act young, saying words like “insta” & calling Natalie Morales “NatMo”, wearing her torn knee jeans & “discovering” new music, which is a joke. She talks about what is popular & they act like she unearthed a new talent. I’ve always recognized the songs she raves about. Just because KLG didn’t recognize it doesn’t mean it wasn’t already a #1 hit.

Next it will be more Haley Joy stories. Having a 2 yr old will help her appear younger.

• Love 5

Ugh!  Hoda cackled all through the show today Jenna actually is more real and mature than Hoda !

Hoda’s constant cackling also comes off so fake , since she can turn it on and off like a light switch  !

• Love 4

I don't know......I'm already tired of Hoda and that constant laughing at EVERYTHING.  Also, she can't seem to stop touching Jenna.

But we get to see Carson more often on the show!!!  So maybe we will see him fill in when one of them goes on vacation.  He had mentioned doing more on Today since he was ending his night time show.

And, it's kind of cool to see KLG on the commercials:)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't know......I'm already tired of Hoda and that constant laughing at EVERYTHING.  Also, she can't seem to stop touching Jenna.

But we get to see Carson more often on the show!!!  So maybe we will see him fill in when one of them goes on vacation.  He had mentioned doing more on Today since he was ending his night time show.

And, it's kind of cool to see KLG on the commercials:)

Yes, I enjoy Carson too...so I'm glad he's part of the new show.  And I agree, I don't understand why Hoda is laughing at everything Jenna says...she acts like she is "slap happy" from lack of sleep, or too much caffeine or something....

• Love 5
On 4/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, Bronzedog said:

I don't think I can do this show anymore.

Yup, I'm out.  "JBH" (as Hoda awkwardly called her) may be a nice person from a legendary American Family, but I can see this devolving into Toddlers' R' Us.  

KLG, for all her faults and foibles, had an amazing 26-year run -- with two very different hosting partners -- and had skills beyond reading a teleprompter, 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, I enjoy Carson too...so I'm glad he's part of the new show.

Hmm, not sure why I just thought of this.... but could NBC be planning a "Today with Jenna and Carson" to compete against "Kelly and Ryan" and the trainwreck "Strahan and Sara".

I can already read the press release that Hoda wants to re-focus on Hard News (Today 1+2)  and also to spend more time with Haley Joy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Does anyone else find "Haley Joy" to be a tongue twister of sorts? It just does not flow. Maybe it is just me. 

Me. But I’m not a fan of using both first and middle names together as one name. I’m good with Annmarie, Maryann, Joann, but I find names like John David (I think that’s Nancy graces son) Emma Claire (I think thats Jon Edwards kid’s name) and hailey joy to sound a bit forced. What’s wrong with just John, Emma or hailey?

• Love 6

Ugh! Hoda ! She’s so darn annoying ! Wtf has happened to her ? Her non stop cackling and almost falling off her chair laughing is ridiculous ! 

Is this the real Hoda ? Or are TPTB encouraging Hoda to act like an idiot?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Ugh! Hoda ! She’s so darn annoying ! Wtf has happened to her ? Her non stop cackling and almost falling off her chair laughing is ridiculous ! 

Is this the real Hoda ? Or are TPTB encouraging Hoda to act like an idiot?

Imagine how short the show would be if they edited all the hoda laughter. I don’t even know what’s so funny most of the time. I’m starting to wonder if it’s like a nervous tick or something because it really is getting out of control and often does not match what is going on at that moment.

I’m also thinking maybe it’s a case of wanting to relive her youth. She has mentioned she was a nerdy child with a strict upbringing. Maybe she’s letting lose (at the age of 50+) and trying to recapture a lost youth? She just doesn’t realize that she looks ridiculous trying so hard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

Imagine how short the show would be if they edited all the hoda laughter. I don’t even know what’s so funny most of the time. I’m starting to wonder if it’s like a nervous tick or something because it really is getting out of control and often does not match what is going on at that moment.

I’m also thinking maybe it’s a case of wanting to relive her youth. She has mentioned she was a nerdy child with a strict upbringing. Maybe she’s letting lose (at the age of 50+) and trying to recapture a lost youth? She just doesn’t realize that she looks ridiculous trying so hard. 

I was wondering if she is scarfing energy drinks during the hour between shows.  That would hype her up.  She's on Dr Oz today.  She keeps greeting the audience and she is wearing a lot of bracelets.  Someone commented on Insta that her over the top laughter and bracelets are distracting.

• Love 3

I really can’t take Hoda anymore.  I was afraid Jenna would be too immature and inexperienced to cohost, but now she is the natural, mature , professional co-host. While Hoda actslike a childish, fake, and  unprofessional teenager ! 

During the cooking segment Hoda just cackled and  had that giant fake grin while Jenna was doing all the work and actually trying to handle the segment .  The same thing happened during the the Brady Bunch interview .

is someone telling stupid Hoda jokes in  her ear so she appears to be laughing at nothing ? If they are, they need to stop , she obviously had no self control and is making the show  unwatchable .

Edited by Popcorn22
  • Love 8

Hoda is truly stupid ! She thought the marching band was the entire student body of Houston High school ?? She doesn’t  know that  Houston high school would be a big school ? 

There were about 50 students in the video ! Jenna had to tell her that it was the marching band ! 

How did Hoda ever graduate from college? How was she ever a reporter?

She’s so stupid she’s annoying ! 

And you don’t take the bar exam without going to college!  They both seemed so dumb about Kim Kardashian!  In California you need to get a bachelors degree and a Juris Doctor degree BEFORE taking the bar exam ! Ugh 

• Love 4

Has Hoda taken dumber pills since Kathie Lee has left? I know it’s only been a week but c’mon! Maybe, Kathie Lee was annoyingly obnoxious that I never noticed but now. Jenna is more understated that now all you notice and hear how stupid Hoda is. It’s amazing transformation in one week. I’m kind of flabbergasted since I’ve been watching them for the whole 11 years. 

Also, the the Ambush Makeover of the husband and wife was amazing. The husband looked like he just walked out of GQ magazine. That said, I think he’ll loose the look within months. I think the wife will keep up with up with her makeover though.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

I thought "Hoda and Jenna" would be much better than it is considering how much Jenna filled in for Kathie Lee. They should have already been in the swing of things, yet it seems like they are fumbling around.

Can't they get Jenna a long enough dress to hide the spanks?

It looked like a pair of shorts during the ambush makeover segment. Gosh, at least have her sit down and check before she goes on the air live!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I thought "Hoda and Jenna" would be much better than it is considering how much Jenna filled in for Kathie Lee. They should have already been in the swing of things, yet it seems like they are fumbling around.

Can't they get Jenna a long enough dress to hide the spanks?

It looked like a pair of shorts during the ambush makeover segment. Gosh, at least have her side down and check before she goes on the air live!

Lol....even my husband who watches the show with "one eye" said "Spanx alert"! when Jenna sat down.  The ambush makeover was great today...the husband looked so husband & the wife so much younger....its always neat to see people so excited by their new looks. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Hoda is truly stupid ! She thought the marching band was the entire student body of Houston High school ?? She doesn’t  know that  Houston high school would be a big school ? 

There were about 50 students in the video ! Jenna had to tell her that it was the marching band ! 

How did Hoda ever graduate from college? How was she ever a reporter?

She’s so stupid she’s annoying ! 

And you don’t take the bar exam without going to college!  They both seemed so dumb about Kim Kardashian!  In California you need to get a bachelors degree and a Juris Doctor degree BEFORE taking the bar exam ! Ugh 

There are all these articles now that say you can bypass law school in California by "reading the law."  You have to have an apprenticeship with a lawyer or a law firm.  

And yes, Hoda has just become a touchy feely laughing dingbat.  I don't know what KLG did to contain it:/

• Love 3

On Instagram there is a picture of the Today show people at some event last night . Everyone is dressed up and smiling .

Hoda of course looks like she’s going to bite  everyone’s  head off with her giant teeth and huge, open mouth grin.  She looks ridiculous and weird all the time with that same , overdone grin . 

I sometimes wonder if her coworkers are annoyed by her immature , weird personality.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I'm not bothered by Hoda, and I'm relieved that Kathie Lee is gone.

I was formerly a fan of many years, but I just couldn't take her preachy ways anymore.

It's ironic that Jenna's cousin Billy was fired and look where she is now!

• Love 5
21 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Lol....even my husband who watches the show with "one eye" said "Spanx alert"! when Jenna sat down.  The ambush makeover was great today...the husband looked so husband & the wife so much younger....its always neat to see people so excited by their new looks. 

Jenna isn't as  annoying as Hoda , but her raspy voice when she is about to cry because something is “emotional “ is a bit over the top !

And did she inherit her grandmother’s wardrobe ? She is dressing like an old lady !

• Love 1