Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

So. Tired. Of. Meghan. Markle! I almost long for Hailey stories! (Almost)

Kate Middleton is probably thinking "Thank you!" for the attention focusing to Meghan.  I think she's been able to do some stuff that she couldn't without reporters around.

I don't mind a new story on a celebrity, but when they bring up the same old stuff.  Like Jennifer Aniston - yes, we know she does yoga, she eats healthy, she doesn't mind not having kids, she is happy after divorce, etc.  Same old stuff, every single time.

As for the kids of Today, I admit I like to see them when they go on field trips.  That's something different and always fun to watch.  Now, Haley escaped her crib for the 100th time - that gets old.  Jenna reading books to decide if she is a good parent or not - that is boring.  However, I have to admit when her daughters ran out to see Sully - 😭😭😭

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

No, Hoda, there were not “billions” watching the Oscars, it was 29 million.

Hoda does not strike me as the brightest bulb. I haven't watched Today in a long time, but does she still say things like--me and him took the baby for a walk, her and I watched tv, etc. I found her grammar to be atrocious.

• Love 4

When is Kathie Me crappy movie coming out? I can't imagine watching it with a straight face. Just sayin.... Also, isn't Hoda's daugther like 20 now? Why do her and Kathie Lee cry everytime like she just came home yesterday? Is it really that miraciouls to adopt a baby? I know many people who have done it and it's barely even mentioned a week or two later. It's like giving birth to a child, isn't it? It happen everyday for most. I know a lot of people having a difficult time getting pregnant and/or adopting but once you have them isn't like just normal everyday stuff? That said, I much prefer Hoda & Kathie Lee. There's a reason why the show was hit. It's because the two of them. Of course, I didn't anyone could replace Kathie Lee on Live but Kelly Ripa did fine.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, OpalNightstream said:

So Jenna is taking over for KLG. I’m ok with that although maybe if they replaced Hoda too I’d be even more ok with it. 

I really hope they are not going to be talking about their kids every day!

• Love 2

During the "hard news" report at the 8 o'clock hour, the last story they covered was the Northern California floods happening right now, showing pictures of cars and buildings under water and people standing on roofs waiting for rescue.  There's been at least one death so far.  Anyway, immediately after, they go to Hoda who says, ok we're done with the news, now for some fun stuff.  I mean, no token "thoughts and prayers" or "oh that's terrible." NO COMMENT whatsoever. I was like, WHAT?!  How much of a ditz can she be?!  What an airhead!  I used to like her but she is so annoying now.  I don't think she is very bright.

• Love 7
On 2/28/2019 at 11:45 AM, debbie311 said:

During the "hard news" report at the 8 o'clock hour, the last story they covered was the Northern California floods happening right now, showing pictures of cars and buildings under water and people standing on roofs waiting for rescue.  There's been at least one death so far.  Anyway, immediately after, they go to Hoda who says, ok we're done with the news, now for some fun stuff.  I mean, no token "thoughts and prayers" or "oh that's terrible." NO COMMENT whatsoever. I was like, WHAT?!  How much of a ditz can she be?!  What an airhead!  I used to like her but she is so annoying now.  I don't think she is very bright.

Sounds to me like whoever wrote the script for the teleprompter had no idea what news story they would ending with.

If I ever had a job like that, I would be watching my segments to see what I could improve upon - wild hand gestures, nervous habits, do I say ok, ok, ok, ok all the time, how often do I bring up the children/husband/grandparents, etc.  

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sounds to me like whoever wrote the script for the teleprompter had no idea what news story they would ending with.

If I ever had a job like that, I would be watching my segments to see what I could improve upon - wild hand gestures, nervous habits, do I say ok, ok, ok, ok all the time, how often do I bring up the children/husband/grandparents, etc.  

I think they think their kids are so interesting and adorable that of course we want to hear all about them. Not to be a big meanie, but I honestly don’t think any of their kids are all that cute anyway. The kids out in the plaza are usually more endearing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

I think they think their kids are so interesting and adorable that of course we want to hear all about them. Not to be a big meanie, but I honestly don’t think any of their kids are all that cute anyway. The kids out in the plaza are usually more endearing. 

I think Craig's kids are cute, but they are rarely featured, same with Carson and Siri's.  I think Calvin is adorable, but I sometimes wonder if Dylan's obsession with recreating her childhood will affect him.  I agree with you about the kids on the plaza - that baby that Savannah was holding on Friday.....simply adorable😊😍!!!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Blah, another children’s book.

I think every host on Today (males included) have written (or ghost written) Children’s books. I think it’s great when they use their children to make even more money. It’s so classy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think every host on Today (males included) have written (or ghost written) Children’s books. I think it’s great when they use their children to make even more money. It’s so classy. 

They all turn into child rearing experts. I don’t know why they assume the rest of us are child rearing dummies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ugh, 3 segments for her crappy book.  Ok, not crappy but certainly nothing special.  You know these celeb books would never have been published, let alone make the best seller lists, if it were not for the name on the cover.

• Love 7
(edited)

I cringe every time hoda says “insta” instead of instagram just like when shenille used to describe things she liked as “everything”  

they may as well just say “I’m not a regular mom, I’m a cool mom”

Edited by OpalNightstream
  • Love 3

I've got a book for Jenna's book club, but it's not new, and I wonder if she (or anyone else for that matter) has the guts to suggest it:  Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  Prescient and horrifying, it closely mirrors what our "leaders" are attempting to cause to happen in this country RIGHT NOW.  Thoughts?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dakisela said:

I've got a book for Jenna's book club, but it's not new, and I wonder if she (or anyone else for that matter) has the guts to suggest it:  Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  Prescient and horrifying, it closely mirrors what our "leaders" are attempting to cause to happen in this country RIGHT NOW.  Thoughts?

Kathy Lee would be more attractive if she would take a page out of Helen Mirren's play book.  Gray hair, shorter but current and revamped wardrobe.  She has had good work done on her face so bravo for that. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Dakisela said:

Nope.  Not touching this one.

I don't mind the promotion of the various hosts books, but I do wonder if the books the show spend a bunch of time promoting are published by some subsidiary of Comcast.  I don't recall Today spending as much time on that book Al wrote with his wife as all these various kids books.  Or it just seems a lot because Hoda, Savannah and now Jenna all have written kids books.

22 hours ago, Bucket said:

Kathy Lee would be more attractive if she would take a page out of Helen Mirren's play book.  Gray hair, shorter but current and revamped wardrobe.  She has had good work done on her face so bravo for that. 

I don't think Kathie Lee needs to go gray, but she does need to lose the hair extensions and go shorter.  Does she even pay attention to the "ambush makeovers"?

I think Hoda is probably one of the few without hair extensions!!

• Love 4

The look on Al Roker's face after the segment on JoJo Siwa was priceless. I didn't have a mirror handy, but I'm certain I was making a similar face. I know who she is because I stay on top of the BuzzFeed, but I don't understand her appeal. She's like the bastard child of Rainbow Brite and Peter Allen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

The look on Al Roker's face after the segment on JoJo Siwa was priceless. I didn't have a mirror handy, but I'm certain I was making a similar face. I know who she is because I stay on top of the BuzzFeed, but I don't understand her appeal. She's like the bastard child of Rainbow Brite and Peter Allen.

Ha!  I so agree and yes, I was making the same horrified face as Al. That cutesy act is going to wear thin as that kid gets older and her fans dump her for the next flavor of the month.  Ugh, her parents haven't prepared her at all for the real world. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ha!  I so agree and yes, I was making the same horrified face as Al. That cutesy act is going to wear thin as that kid gets older and her fans dump her for the next flavor of the month.  Ugh, her parents haven't prepared her at all for the real world. 

Unfortunately that seems to be the trend this week with the college admissions scandal.

So, should we start a drinking game for whenever Dylan and Sheinelle interrupt, argue, disagree, etc when Al or Craig are trying to introduce a segment.  And then when the guys are allowed to continue, they talk to each other.  It’s why I don’t listen to their Sirius show anymore.

Kathie Lee and Hoda are still crying about KLG leaving. Buh-bye! That said, they did make something special in the morning. KLG really raised Hoda's profile doing the show. I'm sure Hoda realizes that. Although, I recall that Hoda was visibly annoyed in the beginning when KLG would make fun of her or insult her but pretend she was joking. It took a long time for Hoda to "get" her. I'm just glad she's leaving before they forced us to watch her movie that she made. Whew! We doged a bullet on that one. LOL!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

How touching and lovely to watch Richard Engel talking about his son's progress on this morning's show.  Progress is being made to identify a cure for Rett's Syndrome.  And...Richard's son recently looked at him and said "Dada" for the very first time.  (Someone hand me a tissue; I think there's something in my eye.)  ❤️

• Love 12

At the risk of sounding like “that” person, does Savannah look a little pregnant to anyone else? I know she’s made it clear she was all done and maybe she’s just ate a breakfast burrito. Then again on more than one occasion I would have bet Dylan was expecting, only to be wrong. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I can barely watch Hoda anymore . A few years ago she talked about cancer endlessly and was always having cancer survivors on and it was her cause . Now since she adopted her baby , it’s non-stop baby talk . And it’s constant deep thoughts about the baby and everything she does .

Today it was Andy Cohen talking about his new born baby and Hoda with more baby talk .

Its great they are all happy with babies with no partners and also working very busy schedules, but it’s also annoying and unrealistic.

Rich, celebrity privilege is what allows them to  adopt babies and have a lot of help . When Hoda talked about having a baby sitter just hang around until she was so tired she couldn’t  handle the baby herself , it was very telling .

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I can barely watch Hoda anymore . A few years ago she talked about cancer endlessly and was always having cancer survivors on and it was her cause . Now since she adopted her baby , it’s non-stop baby talk . And it’s constant deep thoughts about the baby and everything she does .

Today it was Andy Cohen talking about his new born baby and Hoda with more baby talk .

Its great they are all happy with babies with no partners and also working very busy schedules, but it’s also annoying and unrealistic.

Rich, celebrity privilege is what allows them to  adopt babies and have a lot of help . When Hoda talked about having a baby sitter just hang around until she was so tired she couldn’t  handle the baby herself , it was very telling .

This is why I no longer watch that hour of the Today show. A little bit of Hoda goes a long long way.

They new term celebs like to use instead of nanny is “babysitter” like it’s just a local teen girl who comes by for a few hours a week when we all know it’s a full on nanny (not to mention the housekeeper and cook and personal assistants they all have)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Wait until Jenna is on the show full time - constant baby talk, talk about what books they are reading to understand their child, deal with their misbehavior, wonder if they are good parents, etc.

And what is up with Hoda and her laughing at everything, no matter how serious the topic???

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wait until Jenna is on the show full time - constant baby talk, talk about what books they are reading to understand their child, deal with their misbehavior, wonder if they are good parents, etc.

And what is up with Hoda and her laughing at everything, no matter how serious the topic???

I have wondered about the laughing, too. It is near hysterical laughter about nothing. Maybe a nervous tick? Whatever, I think she is likeable but very unprofessional, from fake laughing, hands on face, fingers in mouth, etc. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

At the risk of sounding like “that” person, does Savannah look a little pregnant to anyone else? I know she’s made it clear she was all done and maybe she’s just ate a breakfast burrito. Then again on more than one occasion I would have bet Dylan was expecting, only to be wrong. 

I've been thinking the same thing, on more than one day.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

At the risk of sounding like “that” person, does Savannah look a little pregnant to anyone else? I know she’s made it clear she was all done and maybe she’s just ate a breakfast burrito. Then again on more than one occasion I would have bet Dylan was expecting, only to be wrong

I really doubt Savannah is.  She seems pretty happy with the two kids and she's 47.  Although Tamron Hall is even older, so I guess it's not impossible.

Dylan mentioned at some point that she wants to have another kid this year, but I don't think she is currently pregnant.

Edited by rose321
18 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

This is why I no longer watch that hour of the Today show. A little bit of Hoda goes a long long way.

They new term celebs like to use instead of nanny is “babysitter” like it’s just a local teen girl who comes by for a few hours a week when we all know it’s a full on nanny (not to mention the housekeeper and cook and personal assistants they all have)

Not to mention , the rich, privileged celebrities, with nannies , housekeepers, cooks and drivers , also don’t even have to pick out clothes or fix their hair before they leave the house !

Hoda and Andy mentioned the age issue , and Hoda of course came up with one of her sayings to tell us that age is not an issue .  Sorry, but most 50 + year old women , who work full time , with a boyfriend who travels a lot for his job,  are not going to be adopting a baby and then contemplating adopting another one like a Hoda is right now ! 

Hoda couldn’t even handle her dog without sending him away for training . She didn’t even have the organization skills to close her  cupboard doors !  She seems like a not very bright person, who  can barely take care of herself normally,’it’s a good thing she has the money to hire a lot of help !

BTW , did she dump Blake because of the baby ?  I  wonder if she collect find a nanny who would tolerate her baby and a dog at the same time !

• Love 4
5 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Not to mention , the rich, privileged celebrities, with nannies , housekeepers, cooks and drivers , also don’t even have to pick out clothes or fix their hair before they leave the house !

Hoda and Andy mentioned the age issue , and Hoda of course came up with one of her sayings to tell us that age is not an issue .  Sorry, but most 50 + year old women , who work full time , with a boyfriend who travels a lot for his job,  are not going to be adopting a baby and then contemplating adopting another one like a Hoda is right now ! 

Hoda couldn’t even handle her dog without sending him away for training . She didn’t even have the organization skills to close her  cupboard doors !  She seems like a not very bright person, who  can barely take care of herself normally,’it’s a good thing she has the money to hire a lot of help !

BTW , did she dump Blake because of the baby ?  I  wonder if she collect find a nanny who would tolerate her baby and a dog at the same time !

I wondered about her dog, Blake, too.....she used to talk about him all the time & show pictures of him, now she Never mentions him...maybe the dog did not get along with Haley Joy?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I wondered about her dog, Blake, too.....she used to talk about him all the time & show pictures of him, now she Never mentions him...maybe the dog did not get along with Haley Joy?

More like Hoda is not able to handle things very well .

She does seem like a very kind person, but not smart and she seems like she’s really a mess as far as organizing her life and being logical .

When she said she was thinking of sewing  Haley Joy’s pj legs together so she didn’t jump out of her crib , I was shocked. Her baby is lucky to have nannies and others compensating for Hoda’s stupidity. She seems like a loving mom, but as dumb as a rock ! 

And the days Hoda takes pics of Haley Joy when she’s on vacation, the baby looks like a mess.  She always looks disheveled and has a runny nose or food on her face. Babies do  look like that at times , but I would wipe a baby’s  nose and at least clean her up a little before posting pictures .  Whenever the baby is clean and has her hair combed ,  I think the nanny was there! 

It’s no surprise she wants another baby, she’s able to go to work at early morning and stay until the afternoon, and have someone take care of her baby .   She also works out, and is able to take a lot of vacations .   That is probably why she’s able to sit around  finding it interesting when her baby poops her diaper on a flight and smells up the cabin , and report on it like it’s some deep experience! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, rose321 said:

Dylan mentioned at some point that she wants to have another kid this year, but I don't think she is currently pregnant.

I remember when they were doing the end of the year segments in December Dylan did mention that she would like to expand her family this year.  I think that's why she has gone darker on her hair so she won't have to color it as much if she does get pregnant.  I don't think Savanah is preggo.

5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I remember when they were doing the end of the year segments in December Dylan did mention that she would like to expand her family this year.  I think that's why she has gone darker on her hair so she won't have to color it as much if she does get pregnant.  I don't think Savanah is preggo.

She just lightened it, so maybe one last dye job before the luggage is put on the conveyor belt at the airport 🤣🤣🤣.  I love Carson!!

16 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

*sigh* yet another let’s organize Hodas closet (purse, office, etc). How many times are they going to attempt to organize her stuff, & then she goes back to being a cluttered mess? 

Yes, and it’s really not too cute or  funny when they show her apartment and she cant remember to close cupboard doors !

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 2

Nice write-up about Willie in Variety.

Willie writes most of the show and his dream interviews are Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Oprah and Jagger and Richards.  I can't see any of them doing it except Oprah.  Beyoncé hasn't granted an interview in years.

It's weird how they made a big deal about Craig leaving Saturday Today only for that trio to reunite on the third hour.  Today probably wasn't expecting the previous host of the third hour to flame out the way she did, but it's still kind of funny to me that Craig, Dylan and Sheinelle ended up doing a show together again.

• Love 2

OMG! Donny and Marie were on Hoda and KL. Marie looks creepy with all of her plastic sugery. She can barely make an expression, and she has duck lips from injections! You would think someone might tell her she looks ridiculous and plastic, and she needs to stop !

I’m sure it’s hard for a woman to age in the spotlight. But I’d rather see a real person than a plastic, fake looking woman who looks like s plastic mannequin!  

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

An entire hour with Joel McHale makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

I agree. Hoda is right behind Joel. I am so sick of her STUPID laughing. Isn't there anyone on that set to tell her to knock it off ??!! I never thought I'd say this...I'm going to miss Kathi Lee.  She can talk with a guest and carry on an interview. I know I won't be watching when Jenna arrived to take over this hour.

• Love 3

It would be nice if shows had employees who read message boards, forums, Insta, etc and reported back on complaints, issues, concerns - negative and positive.  Now I'm not saying every negative comment needs to be dealt with, but I think some anchors don't realize what they are doing.  They probably don't have time to watch the show.  But someone needs to say "Hoda, it isn't nice to laugh at everything that is said cause you appear to be unfeeling and immature."  "Sheinelle and Dylan, this isn't your radio show.  We can see and hear you when you are whispering to each other over Al and Craig trying to introduce a segment."

• Love 5
8 hours ago, susied2009 said:

Hoda is lucky she can afford a staff to make sure her home and baby aren’t  totally depending on her to take care of them !

She’s so dumb and immature , and I think she s so fake with her open mouth giant grin and stupid , non- stop laughing !

When Hoda said she loves when Joel McHale is on because she gets to say her boyfriend Joel’s name 8000 times ,  I felt like I was listening to a person with the maturity of a 14 year old who writes their boyfriend’s name all over her notebooks in high school .

And Joel McHale is so annoying , and not very funny at all . Between his no-stop jokes, and Hoda’s cackling, it was obnoxious!  

Oh and and Hoda asked Joel about his dog and started cackling before he even answered.

I wish someone would ask Hoda what happened to her poor dog ! Did she have it put down? I am sure she was unable to keep that dog since it takes some discipline to care for an animal , and she probably couldn’t find a nanny who could take care of her baby and dog .  

• Love 6

I bet the powers that be asked Hoda to do this stupid constant cackling. Look at Tamron Hall, she was great on her Investigation Discovery show or reading serious news stories. But on Today’s Take she was a giggling fool, to the point where it was an overreaction, like Hoda is doing.

ps. Hoda, you had 1 job- say the title of the author’s book “Leading Clarity”, which she read as “Leading Charity”. KLG corrected her without it being obvious.

• Love 4

What was up with Kathie Lee talking about her lawyers and agents when talking about women asking for a raise.  Most working women don't have the money to have a representative go to their boss and demand a raise?  At least Hoda tried to keep it a little big relatable with saying $35,000 a year, she did seem to realize the topic was about women in general, not people who've been in the news/entertainment industry for 40-plus years.

• Love 3