Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

In their usual biased fashion they had a segment about England in the World Cup. No mention of Croatia at all except as an afterthought by Hoda. And Croatia ended up winning today, & England is out.

How much do they inflate the Steals & Deals prices? Their 3 pack of paperbacks suggested price was $51? For 3 paperbacks? Then the Deal is $16 plus shipping, so it ends up being what you would pay if you just bought it on Amazon in the first place.

• Love 3

Kathie Lee liked seeing her dad grab her mom sexually and also knew her dad was happy because her mom’s OBGYN  rejuvinated her vagina when she had a hysterectomy?  WTF? Sorry that is just weird  and creepy that a parent would share that information with their daughter ! 

On 7/19/2018 at 7:49 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

I think it’s funny how they ran to interview the Trump voters after the Russia trip, expecting them all to complain, but none of them did. Lol!

How clueless is the Today show ?  They don’t know the mentality of the Trump supporter by now ? 

• Love 5

I think it’s funny how they ran to interview the Trump voters after the Russia trip, expecting them all to complain, but none of them did

Today and the rest of the media know how certain voters are going to respond.  The better question is why the continue to ask if they've changed their minds.

Jenna and Savannah filled in for Megyn yesterday.  It made me wonder if they're testing different hosts out in case Megyn, uh, leaves in the near future.

15 hours ago, orangekit said:

Kathie Lee liked seeing her dad grab her mom sexually and also knew her dad was happy because her mom’s OBGYN  rejuvinated her vagina when she had a hysterectomy?  WTF? Sorry that is just weird  and creepy that a parent would share that information with their daughter ! 

How clueless is the Today show ?  They don’t know the mentality of the Trump supporter by now ? 

TMI. KLG wants attention any way she can get it!

• Love 2

It's odd that Jenna is the one who now acts most like a grownup. Both Hoda and Savannah seem to be trying to return to their teenage years. It grates like sandpaper when they throw around text-speek ("OMG") . Are they afraid they'll lost audience if they act like adults?

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I can’t handle Hoda’s fake laughter interviewing Kate MCKinnon & Mila Kunis.

Hey, they've got a movie to sell.  Like I said some pages back, the worse the movie, the harder they push it.

• Love 2

I think it’s time to replace hoda with jenna. I realize jenna is not a hard news broadcaster but lately neither is Hoda. I would love to see Willie and Jenna. Just enough personality without being fake and over the top...with the added bonus of not having to hear how precious being a parent is. 

• Love 4

Kathie Lee is so annoying with her non stop bible quotes! UGH!  I think if she said the same thing without the bible quotes I might be able to handle it better!   Plus, she is such a contrdiction,  quoting the bible every second, and then acting like an old horndog all the time!  Her need to write a movie and spend her own money so she could co-star with Craig Ferguson, who is so vulgar and not at all funny, is just weird!   I can handle off color jokes, but he is so gross, and not at all funny.   She also pawed at that guy on screen when they were in Italy. It was embarrassing. 
If  Craig was open to an affair,  Kathie Lee would have not had a problem with him cheating on his wife, and even leaving his wife for her, and it wouldn't be the first time.  She went after Frank when he was married to his second wife as a 'friend".

She seriously needs some kind of therapy, and not from some minister!  She has starved herself into a skeleton, and weird ridiculous hairstyles, outfits and jewelry in some sad attempt to be young again. 

Hoda is so fake it's nauseating!  I always hated her overdone, phony grin with her giant teeth, that never changes for any picture of event, but I used to think she was at least real and not fake.  Now, along with being dopey, and immature, she is so over the top phony and ridiculous.   She fawns over everyone and is nothing but a professional butt kisser.   And her  "deep thoughts" and obsession with everyone's babies is nauseating!   Before she adopted her daughter she was obsessed with all things cancer, as if she was the  only human being who ever had cancer, even though she never had any real treatment except getting a lump removed!    Now, we never hear about her cancer anymore, we we have to hear about every dumb thing her daughter does!

Both Kathie Le and Hoda need to go, and I agree, Jenna is way more real and likable.   Pair her with someone else, and end the stupidity of Kathie Lee and Hoda.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, goldenpuppy said:

Kathie Lee is so annoying with her non stop bible quotes! UGH!  I think if she said the same thing without the bible quotes I might be able to handle it better!   Plus, she is such a contrdiction,  quoting the bible every second, and then acting like an old horndog all the time!  Her need to write a movie and spend her own money so she could co-star with Craig Ferguson, who is so vulgar and not at all funny, is just weird!   I can handle off color jokes, but he is so gross, and not at all funny.   She also pawed at that guy on screen when they were in Italy. It was embarrassing. 
If  Craig was open to an affair,  Kathie Lee would have not had a problem with him cheating on his wife, and even leaving his wife for her, and it wouldn't be the first time.  She went after Frank when he was married to his second wife as a 'friend".

She seriously needs some kind of therapy, and not from some minister!  She has starved herself into a skeleton, and weird ridiculous hairstyles, outfits and jewelry in some sad attempt to be young again. 

Hoda is so fake it's nauseating!  I always hated her overdone, phony grin with her giant teeth, that never changes for any picture of event, but I used to think she was at least real and not fake.  Now, along with being dopey, and immature, she is so over the top phony and ridiculous.   She fawns over everyone and is nothing but a professional butt kisser.   And her  "deep thoughts" and obsession with everyone's babies is nauseating!   Before she adopted her daughter she was obsessed with all things cancer, as if she was the  only human being who ever had cancer, even though she never had any real treatment except getting a lump removed!    Now, we never hear about her cancer anymore, we we have to hear about every dumb thing her daughter does!

Both Kathie Le and Hoda need to go, and I agree, Jenna is way more real and likable.   Pair her with someone else, and end the stupidity of Kathie Lee and Hoda.

I had to quote this because I agree with everything you wrote about Hoda and Kathie Lee.  

Speaking of fake Hoda, it was sad to see her today trying to pump up the crowd when Keith Urban was playing.  I swear, those people looked like they just wanted her to get out of the way so they could enjoy Keith.

• Love 4

I have been enjoying the 'sub" Hosts for Megyn Kelly's show,  Savannah, and this morning Jenna with Keir Simmons & Jacob Sobrieoff(who told a funny story about going to Summer Camp with Jenna, he was a "nerd" and she was "cool") Jenna is a good host, she is personable & chatty but not "over the top".  Wonder if NBC is considering a Co-host for Megyn when she returns from vacation?

• Love 4

I've always liked Jenna on Today even when people were complaining that she only got her job because of her name.  I've always thought she was sweet and funny, she doesn't take herself seriously at all.  But I don't thinks she's strong enough of a personality to lead a show.  She's better at playing second fiddle to a stronger personality like KL or Hoda.

While I still like KL and Hoda together, I think Today should start thinking about replacing them with a younger duo.  KL is definitely out of touch with current culture and Hoda should focus on the hard news hours.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3
On 31/07/2018 at 9:11 PM, orangekit said:

And, why share with a TV audience?  TOO MUCH information!

• Love 2

Hoda, when four or five people (including the guest himself) tell you that you mispronounced a name, maybe you should believe them without having to listen to the tape.  

• Love 7
On 8/3/2018 at 6:38 AM, Haleth said:

While I still like KL and Hoda together, I think Today should start thinking about replacing them with a younger duo.  KL is definitely out of touch with current culture and Hoda should focus on the hard news hours.

I think they should leave Hoda on her brainless hour, & hire an actual journalist for the 1st hour. Savannah seems to get the interviews while Hoda gets her “Morning Boost” & round table idiocy. It doesn’t seem she gets any real news except to read copy, which anyone can do.

I'm trying to imagine a Walter Cronkite talking with his hair covering his face because his head is turned away from the camera & talking while his chin is in his hands.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I'm trying to imagine a Walter Cronkite talking with his hair covering his face because his head is turned away from the camera & talking while his chin is in his hands.

Diane Sawyer made a career out of it.

Hoda's Q Ratings are allegedly through the roof. I'm not sure most of America could pick out Savannah Guthrie is a police lineup.  Hoda will be gone from Hour Four before Hours 1+2.  Hours 3+4 definitely need to be blown up.  After all, KLG isn't going to continue with this after her movie sweeps the 2019 Oscars.  (har har)

• Love 3

I think they should leave Hoda on her brainless hour, & hire an actual journalist for the 1st hour. Savannah seems to get the interviews while Hoda gets her “Morning Boost” & round table idiocy. It doesn’t seem she gets any real news except to read copy, which anyone can do.

I think Hoda is doing just fine.  If Michael Strahan, who has zero credibility or experience in the news biz, can read the news and do serious interviews on that other show, Hoda, a woman who actually worked her way up from local news to NBC, can do what she does on Today.  At least they keep Hoda away from the harder news stuff.  She knows, they know, we all know that is not her niche anymore.

Today has never been a serious news show anyway.  The show used to feature a chimp, it's not a show where I think "the first two hours should only be reserved for *real* journalists.

KL is definitely out of touch with current culture

Did you see her complaining about how a song like "Mack the Knife" would never be a hit now?  She even acted a little perturbed that Billboard named the "Twist" their number one song.  Did being married to Frank for so long cause Kathie Lee to acquire the pop culture tastes and sensibilities of a 90 year old?  Mack the Knife... She was like three when that song was a hit.

• Love 1

I don't have time to watch the show anymore, but, catch it occasionally, but, I like Kathie Lee and Hoda.  Definitely, an acquired taste, but, I think it would be challenging to get better replacements. That's based on replacements not being what you might think  

I don't get Savannah Guthrie at all. 

This morning Savannah had all she could handle with the ungracious Omaroso who even cut the interview short. Her interview with Chuck yesterday on MTP was very different. He played the game and she responded. At the end they even shared a laugh. Strange! I am not a Chuck fan anyway and kudos to Savannah for the job she did as a real journalist trying to get to the truth. I'm not a Trump fan but this woman obviously has an agenda and to make money on a book.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

Kathie Lee's 65th birthday. I really don't have the words especially with those dancers.

What exactly was she wearing?

I think she was going for a youthful vibe.  I’ve seen her look worse, though.

• Love 1

Hoda alert!  The mayor of Washington, DC will be on the Today show Thursday morning because she just adopted a baby girl.  She's a single mother just like Hoda so, of course, Hoda will do the interview.  Have your vomit bucket handy.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Hoda alert!  The mayor of Washington, DC will be on the Today show Thursday morning because she just adopted a baby girl.  She's a single mother just like Hoda so, of course, Hoda will do the interview.  Have your vomit bucket handy.

? Hah!! That is a good one!!

12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Oh, good lord.  Will give that a miss.

• Love 1

I don't watch the last hour often so I was a bit taken back to see Kathy Lee today.  She is trying to look younger and that is never good.  Aim for the best you can look for your age and that actually makes you look younger!  

Cut your hair to chin length or above and wear sleeves.  Dress down, be casual.  Though she would never wear jeans on the show she would look better in them with white tee, black jacket and cool shoes.  That is my uniform so I am biased but people are generally surprised to hear I am 72.  Clothes and hair have a lot to do with it.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

I don't watch the last hour often so I was a bit taken back to see Kathy Lee today.  She is trying to look younger and that is never good.  Aim for the best you can look for your age and that actually makes you look younger!  

Cut your hair to chin length or above and wear sleeves.  Dress down, be casual.  Though she would never wear jeans on the show she would look better in them with white tee, black jacket and cool shoes.  That is my uniform so I am biased but people are generally surprised to hear I am 72.  Clothes and hair have a lot to do with it.  

Be careful in criticizing her. She does not handle it very well, per the first few minutes of today's episode!

• Love 1
On 9/4/2018 at 8:32 PM, DorianGray said:

So, I've missed the past few mornings--is Craig going to be a regular weekday host, along with Savannah and Hoda, everyday?

I usually don't see much of the 7-9am hours so I thought he already was a regular host.  I also happened to see him on MSNBC yesterday around noonish, so he also hosts an hour of talk on that network too?  Lester Holt better watch out or Craig is going to steal his title of the "hardest working man on tv."

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Be careful in criticizing her. She does not handle it very well, per the first few minutes of today's episode!

Apparently people on the Inter-net were saying KLG looks too skinny & scrawny, and KLG had to give a "lecture" on body-shaming and saying that skinny people get criticized as much as over-weight people, and neither is nice to do.

• Love 1

She does look skinny & scrawny!  Older women need some body fat.  I wonder how celebrities have all the time in the world to read about themselves on social media.  Get a life, people.

On 06/09/2018 at 4:06 PM, Bugaboo said:

Wait until her movie comes out!!  

• Love 5

I’m sorry, Hoda did a terrible job interviewing Maya Rudolph & Fred Armisen. They are both such funny people, but Hoda’s interview was so boring. She talked about SNL for most of the interview, & about events from 20 years ago when they’ve both had interesting projects since then. And neither one seemed that keen to talk about SNL. The whole thing seemed forced. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I’m sorry, Hoda did a terrible job interviewing Maya Rudolph & Fred Armisen. They are both such funny people, but Hoda’s interview was so boring. She talked about SNL for most of the interview, & about events from 20 years ago when they’ve both had interesting projects since then. And neither one seemed that keen to talk about SNL. The whole thing seemed forced. 

Hoda and/or the show's research team are mucho lazy.  How about using Google?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

How much free publicity for Savannah’s children’s books?!

Ohhhh, I'd say about as much as for Hoda's.  I wonder if Savannah's will be turned into a song too. <eye roll>

• Love 1