Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Wings said:

I agree.   Why did they fire Willie?  I never heard the reason. 

He was just on last week.  He was there, beside Hoda and Savannah reading the news and doing banter. 

Why did they give the third male spot to Craig over Willie?  Why has Willie gotten fewer days?  Who knows, but he hasn't totally disappeared from Today.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
1 minute ago, junemeatcleaver said:

He was just on last week.  He was there, beside Hoda and Savannah reading the news and doing banter. 

Why did they give the third male spot to Craig over Willie?  Why has Willie been on less?  Who knows, but he hasn't totally disappeared from Today.

Yes I do see him from time to time.  I guess the question is why did they remove him from his full time anchor position.  He is on MSNBC too.  

• Love 2

Willie spends time over at Morning Joe now. He and Joe were talking about the Red Sox/Yankee game and boring Mika. I think Willie is a better fit there.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, seasons said:

Ugh. Hoda and Savannah sucking up like girlfans first to JLo and then to Melissa McCarthy. That's why I tend to think a male co-host would be good - balance out too much girl energy. And I'm a girl saying that!

I’ve said it before. They should have kept Natalie on the Today show & let Hoda go to CA & do the celebrity reporting.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

We do not need any more of these people gushing on about parenthood. 

OMG! Are they really the most amazing moms?! Totally nauseating. Always making it about them.

• Love 8

They should have kept Natalie on the Today show & let Hoda go to CA & do the celebrity reporting.

Wasn't the official line that Natalie's husband got a job in LA and she had to transfer.  I will always think there's a grain of truth in the rumor that Matt ran her off.

• Love 7

Back to the hoop earrings- seeing KLG & JLo in those big white hoop earrings made me thing of John Candy in Planes, Trains & Automobiles when he was selling shower curtain rings for money.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Back to the hoop earrings- seeing KLG & JLo in those big white hoop earrings made me thing of John Candy in Planes, Trains & Automobiles when he was selling shower curtain rings for money.

You're right!! 

• Love 1

Did anyone catch Hoda and Savannah "interviewing" Jack Kennedy Schlossberg today? Maybe he was nervous, but it certainly didn't seem he inherited much of the Kennedy charm or charisma. Seems like kind of that same drab personality as his mother Caroline. Am I missing something?

• Love 5

Hoda's giant, open mouth smile is in full force this week, now that she's in England for the royal wedding!  Actually, covering fluff is the exactly what she and Savannah should be doing.   They are no way serious or professional enough to be taking seriously most of the time!  The scary thing is that someone actually wrote to Hoda on Instagram and said that  Hoda is the only person she trusts for her news!  It's sad that women have appear to not be too smart, and appear smiley all the time, or else they are not trusted.

• Love 7

Hoda, it’s “vantage point”, not “advantage point”. 

I have to say being in the crowd is where Hoda belongs, not reading serious news. You can tell she loves being in crowds.

• Love 2

The Today Show has never been a serious news show (I hope J. Fred Muggs is well) and I think Hoda and Savannah are fine when there is breaking news to read or report.  Being giggly or smiling strangely doesn't disqualify someone from reading the news imo.  Megyn's hour is more serious than the rest of Today and she can barely get people to tune in.

I don't get why people invoke names of anchors of old.  Even "serious" guys like Jennings and Mike Wallace had fluffy BS on their resumes.  I have a feeling Jennings would be criticized for having very little formal education and be accused of benefiting from nepotism.

All three shows are practically wall to wall with royal wedding coverage.  I'm mildly interested and will be up tomorrow morning, but will be glad when it's finally over.

• Love 3

So over the royal wedding.  It seems all so repetitive after will and Kate's  wedding and the London olympics. Yes please tell us more about proper manners and how to serve tea like the 1 percent of brits who actually do any of that. It's like covering the presidential inauguration by telling us how an American rodeo works. Dont worry folks, give it a year and we can do another all things British day when Meghan inevitably has a baby.

• Love 2

I caught a bit of the Today with Megyn Kelly and the rest of them.  I rarely watch, but I didn't hate it.  Although, there was way too much talking over each other.

2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

So over the royal wedding.

Hasn't happened yet!

• Love 1
(edited)

I had to take a break from MSNBC awhile back because I found it set my day off to a gut churning start.  So now I restyle everyone's hair. 

Kathy Lee and Megan are the prime offenders.  Megan looked stunning in short hair, go back to that, this scraggly look is not good.  Kathy Lee, cut your damn hair to at least shoulder length, you would look younger and I know that is your goal with the long, brittle, sparse do. 

I live in MT and I had to chuckle at the instructions to set my alarm for 1am.   If I had a desire to watch it, I don't, highlights will be repeated all day and all weekend endlessly.  I just want to see her dress.   

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
(edited)

They’ve really had Al take a back seat once Matt left. They used to be the “duo” that would go on adventures, now it’s Savannah & Hoda. 

ETA: I see they gave him a little spot with Kier, but in general he doesn’t seem to be on as much as he used to. 

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Kathy Lee and Megan are the prime offenders.  Megan looked stunning in short hair, go back to that, this scraggly look is not good.  Kathy Lee, cut your damn hair to at least shoulder length, you would look younger

I really liked the short hair on her.  Such a change from ubiquitous extensions.  As for KLG, short bob would be nice!  What’s the expession?  Mutton trying to pass for lamb (something like that, anyway)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I really liked the short hair on her.  Such a change from ubiquitous extensions.  As for KLG, short bob would be nice!  What’s the expession?  Mutton trying to pass for lamb (something like that, anyway)

Mutton dressed as lamb.  :^)

• Love 1

Al Roker posted a picture of the Today show people with the Bishop from Harry and Meghan's wedding.   Everyone has a normal smile, except Hoda.  Why must she have her big mouth open and that stupid overdone smile? She looks ridiculous.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

Al Roker posted a picture of the Today show people with the Bishop from Harry and Meghan's wedding.   Everyone has a normal smile, except Hoda.  Why must she have her big mouth open and that stupid overdone smile? She looks ridiculous.

A while back (maybe a year or 2) Hoda and KLG did a segment on selfies and Hoda mentioned that an open mouth smile was a way of giving the impression of having a good time regardless of whether or not the subject is actually having fun. So there’s that.  

• Love 1

Where I live Comcast does not carry the Hoda/Kathie Lee hour of the show.  They show Kelly and Ryan instead.  I hadn't seen Kathie Lee in a long time but saw her on the royal wedding telecast.  Yikes!  She looked awful.  Her hair is too bleached and too long and straight, making it look thin.  She looks like she has lost a bit of weight also.  I used to like her years ago when she did Live with Regis, but now she just looks kind of pathetic, like she is trying too hard.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

A while back (maybe a year or 2) Hoda and KLG did a segment on selfies and Hoda mentioned that an open mouth smile was a way of giving the impression of having a good time regardless of whether or not the subject is actually having fun. So there’s that.  

Ugh! So basically it’s being a phony and pretending you are having such a good time when you might not be !  That is what  is so irritating .  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Where I live Comcast does not carry the Hoda/Kathie Lee hour of the show.  They show Kelly and Ryan instead.

Really?  They are on different networks.  How can they do this?

Really?  They are on different networks.  How can they do this?

Kelly & Ryan is a syndicated.  It airs on the Fox affiliate where I live and before that it was on a CBS channel.

The KLG & Hoda hour hasn't aired at 10:00 am here in years, some unwatchable local talk show comes on instead.  The fourth hour of Today comes on at 1:00 pm after Days and again at 1:00 in the morning after all the late night shows go off. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Sandi33 said:

Ugh! So basically it’s being a phony and pretending you are having such a good time when you might not be !  That is what  is so irritating .  

Which is why I like klg better than Hoda. I think Hoda is very fake. I remember when hoda’s  comedian  friend was on, they were basically making fun of people & Hoda couldn’t stop laughing. It was very mean spirited.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 1
On 5/22/2018 at 8:41 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Not hard to believe that is her position.  It radiates insincere.

• Love 2
(edited)

And Hoda leaves parties by slipping out- I think that’s really rude not to thank the host as she’s leaving & just disappearing.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

And Hoda leaves parties by slipping out- I think that’s really rude not to thank the host as she’s leaving & just disappearing.

I don’t. It relieves the host of doing the fake good bye.  I didn’t watch this show and may be missing details. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Wings said:

I don’t. It relieves the host of doing the fake good bye.  I didn’t watch this show and may be missing details. 

I’ve done this.  I hate the “Oh, you’re not leaving already!  Stay! Just another hour!  We’re going to play board games!”  Nope, will follow up with a call or note thanking them.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I’ve done this.  I hate the “Oh, you’re not leaving already!  Stay! Just another hour!  We’re going to play board games!”  Nope, will follow up with a call or note thanking them.

I think Honda is talking about industry parties and not friend gatherings. 

• Love 1

There was a Willie spotting today.  He was filling in for Hoda and it looked like Craig was covering that Harvey Weinstein creep's arraignment.  I don't need to see Willie on regular Today every day, but once in a while is enough.

Hoda's hair is looking very nice; I like it longer.   Savannah, you really should go for a new look.   There is nothing attractive or current with your lanky locks.  Yeah, a shallow observation but they rarely say anything that isn't all over the place so I tend to focus on how the cast present themselves.  Kelly, you too, your hair looked fabulous short; scraggly isn't working for you. 

• Love 1

That Bill Clinton interview was something else.  Craig did a great job.  I think Savannah still has some chops, so I could see her challenging Clinton like that, but Hoda no way.  I like Hoda, but she would have laughed it up with Clinton the entire interview.  Keeping Craig and Willie around to do more challenging interviews is a good idea.

• Love 9

Kathie Lee posted a video of herself giving Craig Ferguson a neck massage while filming their movie.   

She is truly a sad, pathetic, desperate woman.   It's pretty sickening that because she has money, she decided to write a movie, and star it it so she can live out her sad fantasy about being the lover of a man she obviously has the hots for!

And is Craig Ferguson so desperate for work that he will fly to Scotland and "act" with a non-actress,  desperate woman, who would love to get in his pants, but uses this movie so she can hide her real intentions?

For a woman who sings and preaches the bible all the time, she sure is interesting! 

First of all, she was 'friends' and  hanging out with Frank, going to parties and events with him, while he was married!  Then his marriage broke up!  Gee, sounds like she's reliving her old ways of finding a man!  

Beyond this gross thing with Craig Ferguson, she also is so gross and horny with all men she finds attractive.  The display she put on in Italy with the prince would be seen as sexual harrassment if a man behaved as she did.  In fact, a lot of her behavior would never be allowed from a man.

Hopefully she will just find other ways to express her "artistic"  ability, and leave Today.  Hoda is actually less fake acting, and more tolerable with Jenna, than she ever is with Kathie lee!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Hoda acted like it was the 2nd coming of Jesus when Sandra Bullock walked in on the food segment. Geez, she’s just an actress!

It’s the adoption link that has those two so mushy toward each other. Hoda just can’t talk anything adoption or babies without losing it. I think she’s found a similarly over emotional friend in Sandra. Imagine having to be one of Hoda’s BFFs. Must be constant  talk of babies and hoda crying tears of joy. I’d go nuts after a while!

• Love 7