Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, orangekit said:

The hillarious part was that cringeworthy song

from Kathie Lee’s  new show about David and Goliath !  Is that really going to be on Broadway? 

Would people pay to see this spectacle?

• Love 1

Re: Tipping at the Holidays.  OK.  I'm going out on a limb here.  I work every day in an office.  I do not receive any tips.  I am, however, a VERY good tipper.  I always tip my hairdresser, bartenders, waitstaff and other service providers at least 20% all year long without fail.   I provide supplies and leave gifts and tip people who come into my home for whatever reason.  Why am I then required to give a real nice cash gift for the holidays (which I always do, because it's expected)?  I rarely, if ever, get anything in return.  Shouldn't they be grateful for ME????   Where's my thanks for continued patronage and best wishes for a nice holiday?  I'm sure this will not be a popular viewpoint, but it gnaws at me and I just had to say something.  Now I feel better. 

• Love 7
On 12/18/2017 at 4:44 PM, Cyranetta said:

At least that abominable "Spanky Tuesday" has been deep-sixed,

That is a good thing, but now the What??” 

crap is being said throughout the whole show . Don’t they know that they sound and look like idiots doing that ? 

I wonder if they stopped her from chasing Hoda and slapping her butt because of the sexual harassment need lately, and Hoda always looked like she didn’t want someone slapping her butt ! 

Then again, Kathie Lee doesn’t know that her religious songs are so bad they are funny ! And she wears a sheep hat and  sings some bad chidren’s song and thinks it’s great ! 

It’s no wonder Kathie Lee supports #45, she acts like the whole audience is Of her faith and thinks she knows better than anyone what is the truth. She was ok at first on this show, now she’s worse than she was on Live because she doesn’t have Gelman stopping some of her corny crap and preaching !  Hoda must be desperate for a job because she is the biggest enabler for Kathie Lee’s nauseating stuff !

• Love 4
On 12/20/2017 at 11:02 AM, larsonb said:

That is a good thing, but now the What??” 

crap is being said throughout the whole show . Don’t they know that they sound and look like idiots doing that ? 

I wonder if they stopped her from chasing Hoda and slapping her butt because of the sexual harassment need lately, and Hoda always looked like she didn’t want someone slapping her butt ! 

Then again, Kathie Lee doesn’t know that her religious songs are so bad they are funny ! And she wears a sheep hat and  sings some bad chidren’s song and thinks it’s great ! 

It’s no wonder Kathie Lee supports #45, she acts like the whole audience is Of her faith and thinks she knows better than anyone what is the truth. She was ok at first on this show, now she’s worse than she was on Live because she doesn’t have Gelman stopping some of her corny crap and preaching !  Hoda must be desperate for a job because she is the biggest enabler for Kathie Lee’s nauseating stuff !

OMG the “what...?” nowas its own segment on Wednesdays ! So ridiculous!  They sound like idiotic teens who can’t let go of some catch phrase ! 

I think Kathie Lee has been through a a lot and now she has no filter on her preaching .  Her twitter account is filled wirh Bible quotes and now she apparently has written some biblical book .

Hey , of that helps her get through day , that’s fine, but a morning talk show is not that place to constantly talk about your religious views and sing religious songs . Not everyone subscribes to her faith  and wants to hear that .  And the fact she likes #45 when preaching about appropriate behavior and kindness just shows she’s a hypocrite too !  That along with gushing over Craig Ferguson who is raunchy and not even funny , he’s like a middle school boy who has to say worlds like “ejaculation” on morning tv repeatedly.

And Hoda is so damn annoying with the kissing up to Kathie Lee and just bring so dumb  and clueless all the time .

• Love 5
On 22/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, goldenpuppy said:

Karhie  Lee is going to debut another corny,  Christmas song with her telethon shaky voice !

Say it isn't so!!  Does anyone enjoy the preaching on a morning show?  Maybe they will let her guest on the 700 Club.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Say it isn't so!!  Does anyone enjoy the preaching on a morning show?  Maybe they will let her guest on the 700 Club.

Maybe they can get her a job on the 700 club full time !  I can’t dromach her constant self righteous, “I am so good” quotes and advise when she kisses up to homophobic, racist, hateful   types like Billy Graham jr and #45! 

• Love 5

Kathie Lee is so annoying , but this may not be a popular opinion but I find Hoda annoying too.

i think it’s great that Hoda has a baby, but having to hear about every thin the baby does is a bit much . Also, the constant “inspirational “ Saying is just annoying too.

i am glad she survived cancer , but I hate to say it I have known women who had chemo for months , lost their hair, had radiation and mastectomies and still do not talk about being survivors as much as Hoda who basically had one lump removed ! I get it is traumatic to hear you have cancer ,  but she is over the top . It did not change her life or health . 

• Love 7

I agree with you, & they give Hoda every story about cancer patients.

what is surprising to me is that Kathie Lee is friends with the Kardashians. Talking about Khloe’s pregnancy- if it was any other celebrity she’d make a snarky remark about  “in my day we get married first” or roll her eyes & say “I don’t care about these people! Why are they famous?” like she does about other reality tv stars.

Ann Curry was on the cover of Parade magazine- she’s got a pbs series coming up, but interesting timing since I haven’t heard from her since her Today show departure.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I agree with you, & they give Hoda every story about cancer patients.

what is surprising to me is that Kathie Lee is friends with the Kardashians. Talking about Khloe’s pregnancy- if it was any other celebrity she’d make a snarky remark about  “in my day we get married first” or roll her eyes & say “I don’t care about these people! Why are they famous?” like she does about other reality tv stars.

Ann Curry was on the cover of Parade magazine- she’s got a pbs series coming up, but interesting timing since I haven’t heard from her since her Today show departure.

ITA! Overall I like Hoda, but when she acts like Haley taking a dump in her diaper on a plane , or eating a french fire , is some deep experience, it gets nauseating !  On some level , she’s as bad as Kathie Lee with her need to make everything “deep”!  The only thing that saves her is that unlike Kathie Lee she doesn’t act like she has the answered to everything and is way more real , and she doesn’t preach!

i get she was traumatized by hearing she had cancer , but yes, having a lump removed and being cancer free after the surgery is no way what I have seen many of my friends and family go through with chemo and radiation. Their health is forever changed and they will never be the same , and they are in medications that make them gain weight and never are the same .  

Its great that Hoda does a lot for cancer patients , but when she implies that she gets how a woman who lost her health and hair feels,  and is on the makeover segment it kind of annoys me !

Having said that Kathie Lee is 100 times worse than Hoda !

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Never really cared for her - but I'm glad she has a job.

13 hours ago, snowydaze said:

Kathie Lee is so annoying , but this may not be a popular opinion but I find Hoda annoying too.

Both annoying, maybe they feed off each other.

I thing the whole Today Show concept is so over.  I've watched short bits.  I don't know who sits down for the whole thing.

• Love 3

I watch this and let it roll in the background of my morning. 

Hoda is better in the first hour doing the news.  With Kathy Lee she has an affect of begining to laugh as if she is going to dislove into hysterics but never does.  I like her but this is an annoying habit. 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2017 at 5:06 AM, captain1 said:

Just happened to wonder - what will they do for that segment that they do at the end of every year where they look back at all the "fun" they have had over the year?  Will they just make no reference to Matt at all?  Whatever they do it'll be awkward!

Thank you! I came here to post about this. You know the editors are going to be extra careful not to include any images of Matt. Producers are probably telling the  anchors “tell me about your favorite stories we’ve covered, oh but none with Matt. We’re going to pretend he doesn’t exist!”

• Love 5
On 12/25/2017 at 2:49 PM, Ohwell said:

I wish Hoda would keep her mouth shut.  I mean, literally.  Her mouth stays wide open too often and I'm just waiting for an insect to fly in there one day. 

Seriously. I don't even watch the show anymore, but in every single picture I see of Hoda with her child her mouth is wide open in that lunatic smile. She looks like a crazy loon.

• Love 8

I didn’t watch yesterday, but I saw clips of a segment of all of Hoda’s hysterical laughing segments ! Ugh !

It’s great she’s a happy person, but it’s annoying when she acts like she’s going to fall out of her chair in hysterics over the littlest things ! 

The open mouth giant smiles are just weird . She does look like a crazy muppet ! 

And Kathie Lee put her self in the middle of the Jason Kennedy co host controversy on E news. Apparently his cohost was paid half his salary for hosting the same show and claimed gender discrimination. His wife defended him because some people were putting him down . Kathie Lee went on Twitter to defend Jason, and of course had to call him “Godly”! Ugh ! 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, orangekit said:

Kathie Lee went on Twitter to defend Jason, and of course had to call him “Godly”! Ugh ! 

Oh good grief!  Can somebody do something with her???  

I would be inclined to blame E News, rather than Jason Kennedy, tho.  Is he going to tell anyone that he's being paid too much?  Although a "Godly" person should, perhaps.  lol

• Love 4

I think a Hoda got her lunatic smile from her mom!  She had a picture of her mom in Instagram with her giant , toothy, open mouth smile , along with the crazy look !  Or maybe she taught her mom the insane smile ! 

I am finding Hoda almost as annoying as Kathie Lee when she talks about her baby! It’s one thing to tell a funny story , but just like Kathie Lee, Hoda has to turn it into some deep experience !

She literally turned her kid taking a dump in her diaper on a plane , and probably stinking up the cabin into some annoying “touching “

story!

I think Kathie Lee is way more obviously annoying with her religious preaching , songs and hypocritical judging , but Hoda is just as self- absorbed and seems to have an exaggerated sense of self-importance!  The baby, her cancer , her divorce, all of it is talked about  constantly and we have to hear her “deep thoughts”.  And she exaggerates everything she has done or been thorough .

I also get turned off when someone feels a need to peach, post bible  quotes  everyday, and jiudge people and situations ,  but when she is friends with someone , she can justify or overlook their  behaviors that do not fit with her religious preaching !  Kathie Lee is all buddy buddy with the Kardashians, which is fine, but she would judge anyone else who did what they do. She’s also buddies with certain politicians and celebrities, and can kiss up to them, even when they do and say things that are in opposition to her non-stop bible preaching .   Kathie Lee needs to move to the 700 club where she can do her thing .

• Love 7

I left the tv on while doing other things and Megan's show came on.  (I still refuse to watch on principle.)  I saw what was seriously the biggest WTF moment ever.  As dumb comments by tv hosts go, this one took the cake.  The guest was a chef preparing some chicken dish.  Megan asked him where to find chicken, do you ask at the deli counter?  The chef gave her the biggest "are you really this stupid?" look and the audience was dead silent in shock.  Wow.

• Love 3
On 12/30/2017 at 6:48 AM, Haleth said:

I left the tv on while doing other things and Megan's show came on.  (I still refuse to watch on principle.)  I saw what was seriously the biggest WTF moment ever.  As dumb comments by tv hosts go, this one took the cake.  The guest was a chef preparing some chicken dish.  Megan asked him where to find chicken, do you ask at the deli counter?  The chef gave her the biggest "are you really this stupid?" look and the audience was dead silent in shock.  Wow.

Oh good god. Most with demanding careers don't cook but are familiar with a grocery store layout before fame and when a child.   Stupid. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Congrats to Hoda being named the new Co-Host for TODAY.  I figure NBC likes the "optics" of 2 strong women as the Hosts, instead of the traditional Man/Woman set-up. 

Yes and perfect timing!  I like her in the first hour and when she is with Jenna in the last hour.  Kathy Lee is just terrible.

• Love 2

I think Hoda will do well with Savannah. I'm thinking she will host the 4th hour for one more year. I think that would be the 10th Anniversary doing the 4th hour with Kathie Lee and then they will call it quits. There are going to be times when Hoda will have to leave and do a story from another location. Eventually, it will cause a problem since Kathie Lee could be off. Overall, it's a win-win for TODAY. I don't think Kathie Lee will want to do the show without Hoda. Which is fine by me. After all of the years (since Regis & Kathie Lee) I still think she is so self righteous and fake.

• Love 5

I still think Peter Alexander would have been better for the job. Neither Savannah nor Hoda seems like they could do a serious interview. Savannah comes off very abrasive & Hoda seems best at human interest stories.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
  • Love 4

Well, that seals it for me.  I won't be watching anymore with Hoda as co-host.  Can't take that open mouth anymore.

Also, I can't take looking at her in sleeveless dresses in extremely cold weather.  I don't care what the temperature is in the studio, she just looks stupid. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 5
On 12/20/2017 at 9:33 AM, Dakisela said:

Re: Tipping at the Holidays.  OK.  I'm going out on a limb here.  I work every day in an office.  I do not receive any tips.  I am, however, a VERY good tipper.  I always tip my hairdresser, bartenders, waitstaff and other service providers at least 20% all year long without fail.   I provide supplies and leave gifts and tip people who come into my home for whatever reason.  Why am I then required to give a real nice cash gift for the holidays (which I always do, because it's expected)?  I rarely, if ever, get anything in return.  Shouldn't they be grateful for ME????   Where's my thanks for continued patronage and best wishes for a nice holiday?  I'm sure this will not be a popular viewpoint, but it gnaws at me and I just had to say something.  Now I feel better. 

I just stumbled across this thread (and this post) and had to reply. I'm on your side on this one. Every year it seems the list of people you are supposed to tip continues to grow longer, almost as if the customers are supposed to make up the difference between what the employer is paying and what the employer should be paying (since real wages have stagnated the last 20+ years). It grinds my gears and I refuse to do it.

• Love 6

So who makes more? Savannah or Hoda? I guess Savannah since she is the de-facto leader of the show, right? Of course, Hoda will be working 2 shifts and I'm sure a new contract had to be drawn up. So many questions. LOL!!!! I wonder if CBS This Morning will follow suit?

11 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

Fifteen minutes into their first show of 2018 and KLG and Hoda have already "Whaaaat?"-ed five times. I guess that crap isn't getting toned down in the new year.

That  was bad enough, but the actually started the first hour of Today, the “news” portion with “what...?”!  

Hoda is a nice enough person, but sorry, she’s a buffoon and a ditz too often .  Then again , people like her , and NBC is smart to get the whole male dynamic off and also be the only network to have two women hosting .

The other positive news is that Kathir  Lee is going to take a lot of time off in January for one of her annoying projects ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So who makes more? Savannah or Hoda? I guess Savannah since she is the de-facto leader of the show, right? Of course, Hoda will be working 2 shifts and I'm sure a new contract had to be drawn up. So many questions. LOL!!!! I wonder if CBS This Morning will follow suit?

When you try to google some details, its clickbait fake-website nonsense articles.  I do recall seeing last year that Savannah was making a pittance compared to Lauer.  It really jumped out at me since it was something like 1/10th the salary.  Hopefully agents for both current co-hosts played some hardball and received nice raises.  Sadly, given what I have watched of Hoda for the past half-decade, she often falls into the sheepish "i'm so lucky to have this job, i would pay you to keep it" demeanor rather than being a strong assertive newswoman who makes demands....like the stereotypical male does.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, orangekit said:

Then again , people like her , and NBC is smart to get the whope male dynamic off and also be the only network to have two women hosting .

For the moment, but I'll bet they are looking at backgrounds of potential male hosts.

5 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Sadly, given what I have watched of Hoda for the past half-decade, she often falls into the sheepish "i'm so lucky to have this job, i would pay you to keep it"

She IS flipping lucky to have that job, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

When you try to google some details, its clickbait fake-website nonsense articles.  I do recall seeing last year that Savannah was making a pittance compared to Lauer.  It really jumped out at me since it was something like 1/10th the salary.  Hopefully agents for both current co-hosts played some hardball and received nice raises.  Sadly, given what I have watched of Hoda for the past half-decade, she often falls into the sheepish "i'm so lucky to have this job, i would pay you to keep it" demeanor rather than being a strong assertive newswoman who makes demands....like the stereotypical male does.

Apparently, it’s about the same amount for both:

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/02/hoda-kotbs-today-salary-wont-even-compare-to-lauers/?_ga=2.106901639.565463219.1513540475-2077570569.1480906922

13 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

Fifteen minutes into their first show of 2018 and KLG and Hoda have already "Whaaaat?"-ed five times. I guess that crap isn't getting toned down in the new year.

I was really, REALLY, hoping that “whaaaat” was going away for 2018.

• Love 3

I'm happy for Hoda and I think NBC made a good choice.  I like the two women co-host dynamic and I think it will help them in the ratings as well.  I don't mind Hoda's sleeveless outfits, I think she still looks professional and polished.  A woman doesn't need to be wearing a business suit to look professional, and when she goes outside she wears a coat.  Actually it had never even occurred to me to think twice about this until now.

• Love 9

It’s funny they keep mentioning that Hoda is on the cover of People magazine when they are congratulating her on the co- hosting gig. But the cover has to do with the Matt Lauer scandal! That was printed before they let out she got the job (unless they leaked it to People, & I’m not reading it to find out).

• Love 1

Kathie Lee hinted on Tuesday that HodaWoman and Savannah did interviews and a photo shoot for People at some point during Christmas Week.  Also, KLG noted that she had "kept the secret" for quite awhile, leading me to believe NBC finalized the deal at some point during (if not before) the holidays.  The People cover mentions that their "hearts were broken" and honestly, I can't imagine how any mag could do a story on the new twosome without some sort of Matt Discussion.

14 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Also, KLG noted that she had "kept the secret" for quite awhile, leading me to believe NBC finalized the deal at some point during (if not before) the holidays.  

She likes us to know that she is important and is privy to secret stuff.   <eye roll> 

14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

KLG is a giant crotch!!!

ROFL!  You are on a roll today.  :)

Megan Kelly says she can't go 5 hours without eating and is too tired to workout.   Oh shut up.  You are skinny and fit so just stop it.  

• Love 3

For whatever reason "WHAAAAAT?" makes me giggle.  I'm corny as hell.

I am corny as hell too, and I laughed like a goon at Spanky Tuesday. Here is my take on Kathie Lee: I think she has lived a wealthy and privileged adult life.  She is the type who will ask a struggling famiily "where is your summer home?" with no regard to the fact they are barely above water in one (if even that.) She has no idea how ordinary people live, that most folks don't have an estate at the Keys.  She will say "people used to get MARRIED before they got pregnant" unless you are the fertile-before-marriage Kardashian/Jenner spawn because they are different - they are her "friends." She is that class of women in a Baptist Church who will gossip about you because you aren't dressed appropriately (and I can say that, I'm Baptist.) In other words, it's easy to thank the Lord for His bounty because you have a BIG BOUNTY.  KLG is out of touch with normal folks.  Still like her show, and I'll still watch. 

• Love 5
On 1/5/2018 at 0:50 PM, DuckyinKy said:

I am corny as hell too, and I laughed like a goon at Spanky Tuesday. Here is my take on Kathie Lee: I think she has lived a wealthy and privileged adult life.  She is the type who will ask a struggling famiily "where is your summer home?" with no regard to the fact they are barely above water in one (if even that.) She has no idea how ordinary people live, that most folks don't have an estate at the Keys.  She will say "people used to get MARRIED before they got pregnant" unless you are the fertile-before-marriage Kardashian/Jenner spawn because they are different - they are her "friends." She is that class of women in a Baptist Church who will gossip about you because you aren't dressed appropriately (and I can say that, I'm Baptist.) In other words, it's easy to thank the Lord for His bounty because you have a BIG BOUNTY.  KLG is out of touch with normal folks.  Still like her show, and I'll still watch. 

I agree with all of your post except for the final sentence.  Can't stand her smugness and would need to be paid a lot of money to watch her show.

• Love 1

I'm sick to death of the not-so-subtle digs Megyn Kelly insists on making at Democrats.  She unnecessarily went after Joe Biden (have some respect, for God's sake, you bitch!).  And yesterday she felt compelled to rag on Hillary Clinton.  It was not necessary.  If she wants to be a political reporter, she needs to get her ass back to the news side of whatever network wants to employ her.  This constant faux cross-over she has going between hard news (#MeToo) and entertainment (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?  Seriously?) is making me dizzy.  Kelly and her producers need to sit down and decide who she is, and what this show is supposed to be.  Better yet, just shut the whole thing down and return the third hour to Al, Dylan and Co.  So much more enjoyable than this pile of Kelly crap.

• Love 12