Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

If they are going to use Hoda as a newsreader in the more serious first hour,  maybe she should dress more professionally than the bare shouldered sundress look. The guys all wear suits.

• Love 5

Meh, the bare shoulder look is here to stay, it doesn't bother me in the least.  Besides Hoda's shoulders are the least of Today's problems.

Speaking of one of Today's problems, it looks like they're beginning to integrate Megyn Kelly into the Today gang now.  I also heard her Putin interview was garbage.  I don't know why NBC is trying to pretend a propagandist/fluff anchor like Kelly is a tough, skilled, principled journalist.  What a complete joke.

• Love 10

Anyone else sick of seeing Kathie Lee with those over-sized hoop earrings? She's worn them almost every day for the past two weeks. Does she think they make her look younger and sexier!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

She probably does.  Me?  I think she looks like an old gypsy.

Funny you say that. The first time I saw her I thought to myself there's the Today Show gypsy.

• Love 2

Sorry to see her looking so desperate. She is having a hard time getting older. The hula hoop earrings, the charcoal eyeliner and the occasional innuendos that she is a raunchy older woman.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Sorry to see her looking so desperate. She is having a hard time getting older. The hula hoop earrings, the charcoal eyeliner and the occasional innuendos that she is a raunchy older woman.

Will she quit the Today show when Megyn Kelly comes aboard?

Will she quit the Today show when Megyn Kelly comes aboard?

Why would she?  Her hour wasn't cancelled by the apparent "future of the Today Show".

I don't care how "annoying" she was, I miss Tamron.  It's so bizarre to me that they thought Megyn Kelly, a personality with hardly any fanbase that I know of, is, or was, going to be the face and future of Today.  That was worth alienating a prominent Black personality, who despite her detractors, does have her fans.

• Love 4

Dylan is a moron.  An absolute idiot who should not be allowed to speak off-script.  And she and Sheinelle together are just a mass of giggling stupidity.   Makes you miss Tamron, doesn't it?  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

Dylan is a moron.  An absolute idiot who should not be allowed to speak off-script.  And she and Sheinelle together are just a mass of giggling stupidity.   Makes you miss Tamron, doesn't it?  

No.  Not really.  I'm glad she's getting a new show but I do not miss her.  

I agree though that Dylan and Sheinelle are a mass of giggling stupidity.  I call it the "Al Roker effect" because the same thing happened to Tamron, she was a giggling mess when she was with him. 

• Love 1

There is an article on Daily Mail about how Dylan's baby was only getting half of the milk he needed from her breastfeeding him. When the doctor told Dylan, she was so upset---appparently, not about her starving baby, but about how she would have to supplement with formula. And she thought he was thin, but had no idea he was hungry. Seriously??? She sounds really dim.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've never had kids but don't babies cry when they're hungry?  How could she not know, unless the baby wasn't a big eater and, therefore, didn't cry?

I have no idea! It seems like he would have been crying constantly and also making the "rooting around" motions like he wanted to suck. Maybe it was just the way the article was written, but it really made me dislike Dylan. She didn't seem concerned about her son's lack of food, only about how she was a failure with breastfeeding. Like she failed some competition. Gag.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, rcc said:

Blasphemy! Too much Hoda.

I do agree. Hoda with Kathie Lee at the last hour is enough.

lol  Yes!  I did, however, enjoy her today on KL&H.  Of course, that was probably more due to the fact that Craig Ferguson was on for the first part of the show.  Love me some Craig.

• Love 1
(edited)

I liked Hoda and Craig together today too. He cracks her up and she makes me laugh when she laughs.

Kathie Lee with her gigantic hoop earrings! Please never again. I wish Hoda would tell her that it is not flattering and to stop wearing them every other day.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1

I don't mind Hoda on the 4th hour (much) but anytime she is around Matt she over exaggerates. He will say something mildly amusing & she squints her eyes & throws her head back to laugh with that wide open mouth. Maybe they told her to be more "animated".

On 7/17/2017 at 1:08 PM, Pickles said:

There is an article on Daily Mail about how Dylan's baby was only getting half of the milk he needed from her breastfeeding him. When the doctor told Dylan, she was so upset---appparently, not about her starving baby, but about how she would have to supplement with formula. And she thought he was thin, but had no idea he was hungry. Seriously??? She sounds really dim.

This is actually a pretty common issue and her reaction is not at all abnormal. I agree Dylan and Sheinelle together can devolve into a giggling mess, but this is some straight up mom-shaming, which I guess goes with the whole anti-woman vibe of this thread. There's plenty to snark about with this show without resorting to Hoda's scandalous shoulder baring dresses.

• Love 2

Stopped in shortly to see what the 2 drunks were up to and they were discussing their pet peeves. Kathie Lee said her pet peeve was seeing someone pick their nose and then eat it......really Today Show? Your 4th hour is hosted by two 12 year old winos.

• Love 4

I like Hoda because she is way more real and down to earth than KL who needs Botox  and starve herself  to try to be perfect . But  I agree that the annoying "what?" thing is so annoying ! 

Also, does Hoda purposely have that open mouth smile all the time ? It's so exaggerated and weird looking, even  on her Instagram account .

I like Craig Ferguson normally, but when he is on Wirh Hoda and Kathie Lee I don't find him funny . His humor is so gross and just not funny . Seriously jokes about ejaculation ? It sounds like something someone in middle school would say . Hoda and KL fall off of their chairs laughing over the most unfunny , graphic , sexual jokes with Craig.

And Kathie Lee with her holy holy act must be so desperate for male attention that she doesn't  care if Craig is inappropriate and gross . Maybe she needs to  add counseling to her routine along with her bible verses .

I'm not familiar with today's country music but there's this guy named Brett Eldredge on and he sounds just awful.  He's singing something right now called "Drunk on Your Love" and he sounds....drunk.

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not familiar with today's country music but there's this guy named Brett Eldredge on and he sounds just awful.  He's singing something right now called "Drunk on Your Love" and he sounds....drunk.

I usually like country but didn't like him or his song either. His song today is why artists lip sync their songs on live tv.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, rcc said:

I usually like country but didn't like him or his song either. His song today is why artists lip sync their songs on live tv.

Apparently he was a successful songwriter so I think he should stick to that.

• Love 1

Apparently "whaaat?!" is here to stay for awhile because Hoda said her nieces like it.

orangekit, Hoda showed how she does her selfies a while back. I can't remember exactly, but I think she said she puts her tongue behind her front teeth & exhales? Something weird. Between that & the over exaggerated laughter I think she's less genuine than KLG.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Apparently "whaaat?!" is here to stay for awhile because Hoda said her nieces like it.

orangekit, Hoda showed how she does her selfies a while back. I can't remember exactly, but I think she said she puts her tongue behind her front teeth & exhales? Something weird. Between that & the over exaggerated laughter I think she's less genuine than KLG.

Hoda's nieces are young children, I can understand them liking something goofy , but so many people comment on the social media sites that it's annoying , but the keep doing it !

I think I counted three times that did her "what" thing, and one time was with KL. 

In some ways Hoda seems like a nice person and she is less annoying than preachy, self- righteous KL, but in other ways she comes off kind of fake .   The smile does come off fake and overdone .   I also think she's not too bright at times.  

I also remember when they used to have the cackling producer laughing at nothing all the time.

• Love 1

Omg that cackling producer was the worst!

I don't mind KLG. Yes she's botoxed to the max but she makes me laugh.

The only time I don't like her is when she gets judgy about other people's kids- like they shouldn't use electronics in restaurants. My ds3 has autism & sometimes that's the only way we can get out for the rare dinner out as a family. Or should be perfectly behaved. As her segment goes "everyone has a story" & she doesn't know theirs so shouldn't judge.

• Love 2
On 8/24/2017 at 4:36 PM, lookeyloo said:

What happened to Ambush Makeover today?

Yes, I tuned in too because I enjoy Ambush Make-over and instead got the silly "Men Tell All", which was Previously Recorded and then Friday we got another Previously Recorded show about the "Party Girls", it was rather silly fun.  But, KLG&Hoda both seem to be on Vacation(I guess for Labor Day?), I think KLG must got to LA alot to plan her Hallmark series and Hoda had pics of her & her baby on a road trip., on Twitter

• Love 1

just watched the segment with lou manfredini. was very interested in the patch and dustless compound for walls. why don't they at least hint at the product name or where to buy it?!! i looked at the website and there is no information on lou's segment or a way to ask. also did a google search and can't find the products. this is not the first time this has happened . kathy lee and hoda's website sucks!!! angry. 

• Love 1

Today Show, stop trying to make Megan Kelly happen.  Megan Kelly isn't going to happen.

And they know she's not going to happen.

“A lot of people were watching the magazine show to try to get a sense of her appeal to the daytime demographic and a sense of how she would be outside of the Fox environment,” said a veteran daytime television impresario, who noted that the nationwide audience in that time period is not only heavily female but from 25 to 30 percent African American and Latino. “Fox News skews very male… I always tend to think of her as more of a guy’s girl than a girl’s girl… It’s extremely challenging, and I’m not sure Megyn’s personality really connects with women.”

Yet, according to network insiders, her new role is prompting “questions internally about who her audience is exactly” as well as a sense of “total panic” concerning the intense media scrutiny that will unavoidably attend the launch of Megyn Kelly Today

But, this daytime veteran cautioned, “she’s going to have to adapt to the live audience, she will have to be more entertaining, and that will be a learning curve for her. The ultimate question is whether she connects with women in daytime.”

They just now figured that out?  They really thought a woman who made her name pushing propaganda on a network that skews toward a very specific demographic would work on a morning show that has a more politically and racially diverse majority female audience?  The countdown to the day she ends up on the shit pile next to Billy Bush and Josh Elliott starts now.

• Love 8

I like Sheinelle, especially when she's with Craig Melvin on the weekend shows.  During the week she suffers from the same fate as Tamron Hall:  sitting with Al Roker and him saying silly stuff and acting silly to make them act silly--when they normally aren't.  Frankly, I think they need to dump Al Roker. 

• Love 2

I like Sheinelle and I think they should have kept the 9 o'clock hour with her, Jenna and Dylan. They get along and are watchable. Al is not as funny as he thinks he is. Craig is too dry for morning television. 

But NBC wants Megyn, so we shall see how well she will do and if NBC's big investment pays off.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Shmoopaloop said:

New to the Today forum here, but am I the only one who gets the feeling no one else really cares much for Shine-elle, other than Dylan? I think Roker is especially irked by her. I really wish they'd dump her already. 

I stopped watching weekend today when she appeared & Lester got promoted to the evening news. She giggles too much & cannot do serious stories.

3 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

3 weeks?

How long is Megan's contract? If she flops on the Today show, they could put her on MSNBC with Brian Williams

2 hours ago, oakville said:

I stopped watching weekend today when she appeared & Lester got promoted to the evening news. She giggles too much & cannot do serious stories.

How long is Megan's contract? If she flops on the Today show, they could put her on MSNBC with Brian Williams

Noooooooo!!!  Please don't screw up my Eleventh Hour with Brian Williams!!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

When she first showed up on Today, she was pleasant, but more toned down than she is now and she did read serious news.  The producers might have told her to loosen up a bit, and as she got more comfortable on the show, she did start the giggling.  But I still think a lot of it is Al's fault.  He also ruined Tamron.

• Love 2