Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Am I the only one that thinks it's creepy to watch the women in their underwear dress in 30 seconds? Why can't they just come out in the outfit & they can explain the different pieces.

And Jeff M Rossen with his "non-stories"... The gas station sliders story has been around since 2013. They are "on the rise?" Give me some actual stats. Am I more likely to be bitten by a shark or struck by lightning?

• Love 1
On 10/10/2016 at 2:05 PM, Irlandesa said:

The minute he had A Zucker hug Donald Trump, the "just going along" excuse lost credibility, IMO.  That wasn't something Donald asked for.  That's something that he came up with and even got a hug for himself.  As I said in another thread, that to me was the bit about leaked audio/video that got to me the most.  The Trump in those vids wasn't shocking.  Even Billy laughing along didn't shock me because I have always felt he was smarmy but making her have physical contact with them both was just so gross to me.

And why the pearl clutching now?  I think a lot of people aren't surprised.  He has pretty much insulted everyone except for straight white men (unless they're a GOP official not backing him). But this is arguably the most lewd audio depicting his misogyny and that plays.  But another factor could likely be that the talk was about a married white woman.

NBC's part in this is curious.  The fact that Billy didn't remember this is either because he was so used to it that it didn't stand out, forgot he was on mic or was trying to protect himself. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to risk his career for his cousin's potential career.  But we are also left not entirely knowing what NBC would have done.  I don't remember the specifics so forgive me if I get them wrong but reportedly a producer at Access Hollywood suddenly remembered this conversation or the fact that they had Trump outtakes on Monday.  They started digging through them and NBC started planning a story that they claim wasn't going to air until after the debate but needed to get legal clearance.  Someone at NBC downloaded the video and leaked it to the Washington Post. WaPo called NBC to get a comment and that's when they learned they were about to be scooped.

But I've seen some skepticism that NBC had this but needed legal clearance. So maybe they were going to release it.  Or maybe not. 

I think NBC should have started researching all Trump TV  interviews the moment he announced he was running for President in June 2015. The Apprentice & the Miss USA & Miss Universe pagents aired on NBC. They must have had outtakes from interviews that Trump gave over the past 10 years. Access Hollywood is owned by NBC, so they could have looked at all the footage. Why didn't NBC news interview all past contestants on the Apprentice to see if anyone had complained about Trump's behavior? I am pretty sure that the Today show interviewed contestants after they were "fired" by Trump after each episode. Why didn't anyone come forward to complain about Trump.?

The Today show should apologize to viewers for not doing due diligence on Trump. They propped him up as a succesful businessman while he was hosting the Apprentice without analyzing all his shady business deals & the lawsuits against him in the 1970's for not renting properties to minorities.

Furthermore, NBC & the Today Show should apologize to viewers for banishing Natalie Morales to Access Hollywood Los Angeles & promoting Billy Bush to the Today Show. It was a disaster from Day 1.

It would have been easy for them to fire Bush with no severance package based on violating the "morals clause" of his contract. They must have known, that Billy Bush was a sycophant who would egg on the people he interviewed & laughed at Trump bragging about attempting sexual assault on his co host Nancy O Dell. That is completely unacceptable. Didn't they do a background check on Billy before he was hired?

Why is NBC willing to pay Billy Bush $10M to go away?

• Love 5
On 10/14/2016 at 9:58 AM, Minney said:

I was already so over the Today Show and their lack of fair reporting or interesting personalities but this just made it easier to cut the cord completely.  If they had been at all fair and neutral on some topics I would be more forgiving on the way they've handled the Billy Bush tape but this just emphasizes their lack of integrity.

Agreed. NBC should apologize for trying to edit out Billy Bush's comments during the Access Hollywood tape interview with Trump. They should give the $10million severance cheque to  charity's that focus on victims of sexual assault rather than Billy Bush.

• Love 3

This has probably been mentioned before, but I am sick and tired of all of them--sometimes as many as six or seven--talking over each other when they're all sitting around.  Bottom line is that you can't understand what each of them is saying.  I think sometimes they forget that they're being watched and they think they're at each others' homes or something.  It is really annoying.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Did the Today show acknowledge Billy's firing on air today? They should apologize to viewers for his conduct.

Hoda and Kathie Lee toasted him in their hour.  I don't know if Tamron mentioned it during Today's Take, I failed to record it this morning.

17 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Hoda and Kathie Lee toasted him in their hour.  I don't know if Tamron mentioned it during Today's Take, I failed to record it this morning.

Hoda toasted the fact that he was gone? Ha!. I think the Producers should have appeared on camera to apologize to the viewers for not doing a proper background check on Billy Bush.

Savannah was at the State Dinner tonight at the White House. Does she A) Go back to NYC tonight and anchor the Today Show in the morning on little sleep, B) Anchor the Today show from DC (but probably still not get a full night's sleep) or C) Actually take the morning off? 

I'm guessing A or maybe B - she is superwoman!  I'm pretty sure she hasn't taken a single day off since before the the summer. She's probably doing debate coverage tomorrow night too. 

Edited by rose321
grammar
  • Love 1

I wonder who they are going to replace Billy with. I liked Willie and Natalie, because they balanced Tamron and Al out for me. I would hope they would get someone with more of a Willie/Natalie demeanor. Though I do like Tamron when she is doing actual news, not the Today's Take news. I do not mind Carson, but I would imagine The Voice takes up a lot of his time.

Christian Slater needs to stop shouting and interrupting everyone. Is he vying to replace Billy Bush?  He is so ON and over the top.  Sparkle down, Sunshine.  Your are a temporary (as in less than one hour of work) guest host, it isn't your show.

I always hate the Today's show DIY Halloween costume segments.  The person is forever saying how easy and simple it is to make costumes at home and avoid spending a lot of money at party stores.  Um...I consider myself pretty crafty & I do have a child.  But, I do not have jugs of sequins, jars of glitter or vats of glow in the dark paint just waiting for my creative spark to ignite.  I don't have yards of muslin or extra pillow cases hanging around to be turned into cloud or marshmallow costumes.  Their ideas are cute, but I would still need to spend money to buy supplies...and if my experience as a Brownie troop leader has taught me anything, I'd probably spend double on all the components to make the costume. Cheaper and faster (for me anyway) to just cough up the $40 at Party City.

• Love 4

I know that since they get up so early, it's probably "lunch time" for them during the cooking segments.  However, every time I see them eating, my stomach turns over because most of the time I haven't even had breakfast yet.  

• Love 2

The polls I'm seeing have Trump & Clinton neck & neck. The Today show political guests have Trump "going down in a ball of flames". I think Clinton will win, but not as wide of a margin as the Today show thinks. We shall see...

• Love 3
On 10/19/2016 at 7:31 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

Looks like Jenna Bush is back, sporadically.

The weekend female anchor is so bland I can't remember her name. Every time she talks I think she is the "iceberg lettuce" of the show.

Ok this is bad. I thought the second line said... 'The weekend female anchor is so bald I can't remember her name.' 

Thank you Windows 10, Google Chrome and a laptop that scrolls weird at times lol.

• Love 2

It's interesting that Lester has filled in for Matt twice in the last few weeks.  He doesn't usually do Today.  I'm wondering if it's because no one else was available or if they wanted someone with more news credibility so close to the election.

• Love 1

I am so glad that little shit Billy Bush is gone!  I couldn't stand him on Access Hollywood and didn't watch my beloved Today Show at all when he was on. They've already made a mess of this show, but his being there was the last straw for me.  I'm trying to tolerate it now, but I want Natalie back, more Willie Geist and much less of The Tamron Show.  I actually like Tamron, but it's really lacking balance at this point and it's gotten boring and flat out annoying to this viewer.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, rose321 said:

It's interesting that Lester has filled in for Matt twice in the last few weeks.  He doesn't usually do Today.  I'm wondering if it's because no one else was available or if they wanted someone with more news credibility so close to the election.

Lester filled in for Brian Williams and Matt. Now he fills in for probably Billy Bush. The ultimate NBC company man. Not a better man for the job either.

• Love 7

So the Today show "creative" team is officially out of ideas and instead of just letting it die with dignity, they launched a sad ass 90's theme? This year's costumes were just very sad icing on the poop cake of last year's Peanuts debacle.

If they wanted to do 90's, they should have stuck with either TV shows OR movies.  To be honest, I had no idea that Tamara was supposed to be Julia Roberts or Dylan was a Spice Girl. If Carson didn't give all the clues, I wouldn't have known he was Ah-nold/ the Terminator.  I did live through the 90's but maybe all the bar hopping I did that decade took up way more of my time than I remember? The Seinfeld skit was the only remotely humorous bit.  And why was poor Savannah hidden behind a magazine cover?  I get the "iconic" cover reference, but I am positive more ideas could have been tossed around before they settled. 

• Love 3

I only caught part of the show, with Al and Tamron and Dylan.  The only clue I got that Tamron was Pretty Woman was the skirt.  I don't know who the hell Al and Dylan were supposed to be.   I agree that the creative team seems to have run out of ideas. 

I liked it ok. 

@Ohwell  Al was Steve Urkel from Family Matters and Dylan was Baby Spice.

Here is a link for the costumes.

I got a kick out of Al as Steve, I think he nailed the nature of the character, Carson was pretty good as the Terminator and I got a good laugh out of Matt as Jerry Seinfeld wearing his puffy shirt. He got the tone right. I really enjoyed Kathy Lee as Regis and Hoda as Kathie Lee and Regis as Gelman as well. It wasn't perfect but it made me laugh.

• Love 2

Eh.  If somebody has to tell me who you are, then the costume isn't working.  The costumes might have worked for others, but not for me.  I'll just remember the time when Al was PDiddy and Matt was J-Lo.

• Love 4

How happy was Tamron that she got to do the Mia Wallace/Vincent Vega bit with Willie instead of Billy Bush who she obviously couldn't stand?

I easily recognized all the characters the Today folks were portraying and got a kick out of it.  With a lot of us 90s kids pushing 40, it makes sense that 90s nostalgia is all the rage right now.  And the kids are wearing a lot of the ugly-ass fashions from the era for whatever reason.

• Love 2

I'd been a long time fan of Today but for the past couple of years found I was only watching because it followed my favorite local morning news show.  The antics this past year finally forced me to look else where and I've landed on  GMA.  What a breathe of fresh air!  I'd advice anyone still hanging on out of habit to just do it, change the channel, you won't be disappointed and you certainly won't be missing anything.  Actually I've gained some very entertaining morning news personalities with broader opinions and more neutrality.  I just wish somebody would save Al!!

Edited by Minney
  • Love 1

I tried changing to the other morning shows and it didn't work for me.   I don't like Robin Roberts and have not watched since Michael Strahan joined them.  I do like him.  As for CBS, not into that group either.  Habit keeps me coming back to NBC.  It isn't all bad.  But they are working on it by firing Natalie and Willie!   I would like the real reason they were auffed exposed.  

• Love 5

I can believe Willie voluntarily quit.  He was doing the first hour of the torturous Morning Joe and then going over to Today and doing Sunday Today on top of that.  Plus he just filled in for Matt less than a month ago.  I don't get Natalie's demotion, though.  You're telling me there was no position for her with NBC News after her family moved to LA, that she had to host Access Hollywood?  I doubt it.

I don't dislike Al, but how can he be a co-host of a show that regularly discusses pop culture and be totally clueless about it.  The other day he said he never heard the song Ironic, and this morning he didn't recognize Can't Get You Out of My Head.  Come on.

GMA hasn't been watchable to me since NBC successfully poached Josh and Sam from them.  That and Strahan has no business being at the anchor desk before 8:00 imo.  But if they think that will solve their ratings woes, more power to them.

• Love 1

What's with all the shows having their hosts eat!  I enjoy the cooking segments...if they gave them adequate time, but I do not care to watch them chew.  I wish I could get paid to eat on the job!   They make millions of dollars a year....they don't need free food.  Give it to the homeless.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2016 at 10:28 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

GMA hasn't been watchable to me since NBC successfully poached Josh and Sam from them.  That and Strahan has no business being at the anchor desk before 8:00 imo.  But if they think that will solve their ratings woes, more power to them.

I know they're not your cup of tea, but CBS scooped up Elliott once he and NBC parted ways. He mostly does the online stuff, but he pinch hits on  CBS This Morning once in a while. He was on today and yesterday, and I could almost stand him.  

• Love 1

Lester co-anchored with Savannah again on Friday while Matt had yet another day off.  Meanwhile Savannah was on Meet the Press Sunday and  on the Today Show every day this week plus did election coverage all night Tuesday. 

It got me wondering, does Savannah end up doing all of the extra news coverage outside of the Today Show (this year has done the NBC coverage of both conventions, the debates, election night, and anchored Nightly News many times, while Matt did a single town hall) because NBC recognizes she is much better than Matt at hard news (she is),  because she wants to do it and he doesn't , or because he has it written in his contract that he doesn't have to work any extra?

• Love 2