Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I watched the Sunday Today show with Willie & Dylan. Willie interviewed Andy Cohen from Real Housewives shows.

It's a good show & much better format than the Saturday show. The interviews are longer. Willie & Dylan have good chemistry. I like them more than Savannah & Matt.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

I watched the Sunday Today show with Willie & Dylan. Willie interviewed Andy Cohen from Real Housewives shows.

It's a good show & much better format than the Saturday show. The interviews are longer. Willie & Dylan have good chemistry. I like them more than Savannah & Matt.

I like Willie and Dylan, too, but she looks like she's gonna pop any minute now.  I wonder who her replacement will be while she's on maternity leave?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I like Willie and Dylan, too, but she looks like she's gonna pop any minute now.  I wonder who her replacement will be while she's on maternity leave?

I know!. I am worried that she will go into labor on the show!

• Love 1

On the klg & Hoda hour they talked about their "favorite things" vendor party. I've said it before, I believe these vendors are paying for product placement on the show. Sometimes klg & Hoda look like it's their first time they've seen their supposedly "favorite thing".

• Love 4
On 11/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, oakville said:

I know!. I am worried that she will go into labor on the show!

Yes, Dylan has done the weather segment during the Nightly News recently, and I thought she would pop on-air!   Dylan & Savannah's due dates are one day apart.

Is Tamron really so stupid? 1. Puts a turquoise Xmas tree in her poll, even though she didn't look to see if anyone actually makes one (after it was chosen she couldn't find one online) 2. never tracked a package?

And for this idiocy they cut actual useful information, like the top cars in the safety test ("see the today show website for details").

6 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Is Tamron really so stupid? 1. Puts a turquoise Xmas tree in her poll, even though she didn't look to see if anyone actually makes one (after it was chosen she couldn't find one online) 2. never tracked a package?

Yes

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2
On 12/12/2016 at 10:41 AM, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I have to agree that what Tamron was called is quite tame compared to name-calling on some other forums.  Frankly, I didn't find it offensive. 

I know (and it didn't offend me), but it's nice to back off of Tamron for a bit. Just a little bit of a breather in the spirit of the holiday season. No one is perfect there.

Why does the Today Show even bother to do national weather if they're only going to cover the east coast + Chicago? They had a reporter this morning talking about how "bitterly cold" it was in Chicago but it was in the 20s. And then Al kept saying how the super cold weather  would be moving east. Meanwhile, it was -6 this morning in Minneapolis, while New York and Boston are both still above freezing (and don't look to be getting particularly cold any time soon).

• Love 3
On 12/10/2016 at 7:51 AM, AntiBeeSpray said:

I know that you guys don't like Tamron that well, but could you ease up on the name calling? Thanks.

I like Tamron. I enjoy her personality and I think she is very real on the show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Katy-lied said:

I'm beginning to think they have the weatherman from Chicago on a lot because he's eye candy. He looks like Channing Tatum. I wouldn't be surprised if they move him to the mothership soon.

If he replaced Al Roker I might be tempted to go back to watching this show.

• Love 1

Al sometimes grates on my nerves. As he ages, he doesn't seem eager to go out on location to big weather stories. So relegate him to human interest stories, and let eye candy come in and be the weather guy. However, I don't know where that would leave Dylan, who I adore. 

• Love 2

Al's just too much.

To on.

Too too.

I haven't seen the Chicago guy but can't imagine one person could send me back to Today. The talkover, the orange. The banalties. I don't care if my "news"people are friends, simple courtesy works. Imho they need a major retrofit. 

CBS This Morning seems to keep getting a little smarter. 

• Love 2

When is AL even on?

I think Al is out on assignment or whatever half the time.  He's been doing those Living Legends interviews for the past few months.

Al can grate, but I'm more on I like him side because he seems like he doesn't give an eff sometimes.  Be it the Billy Bush argument or Al staring into the camera acting silly, I think he's at the point of his career where he's beyond trying to impress people all the time.  I like that.

Dylan had her baby yesterday.  Calvin Bradley is his name.  http://people.com/babies/dylan-dreyer-gives-birth-son-calvin-bradley/

• Love 4

I think it's precisely because Al sometimes acts like he doesn't give an eff that irritates me.  Plus, he's had knee surgeries and the way he wobbles around on those knees makes me think it's time for him to give up doing a daily show.  

Congrats to Dylan and her husband.  I guess Calvin and Max will be playmates.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Tony Bennet.  No.   That is all I got on that. 

Yeah, I know he had a big 90th birthday bash that's going to be televised, but he needs to give it a rest.  Literally.

• Love 3

Is Carson's wife going to be a regular on the show in the future?  She seems to be on more frequently with her cooking.  I hope it's just a holiday thing.  He's enough on the show; I don't need to see his wife.

• Love 1

I actually adore Matt Lauer, & I really like Savannah, too, but Matt looks like he's de-aged 10 years since Katie's been back. He seems downright jovial to be sitting beside her. I wish she'd stay, but I know NBC will be really careful about changing anchors from now on after the Ann Curry-debacle. Matt & Katie are just morning-show-gold for me. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, captain1 said:

I love Matt and Katie, but I think Savannah is perfectly fine.  It must be hard for her to be sitting at home with a new baby, and worrying about her job.

Oh no!

Now I feel even guiltier thinking I need to see Matt&Katie Redux. Once.

Savannah can't be worrying about her job. Can she? I'm not in touch but thought she'd be one of the safe ones.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Oh no!

Now I feel even guiltier thinking I need to see Matt&Katie Redux. Once.

Savannah can't be worrying about her job. Can she? I'm not in touch but thought she'd be one of the safe ones.

I doubt she is worried about Katie or Meredith - they are both there for one week only to celebrate Matt and the show's anniversaries.  Katie works for Yahoo and I doubt Meredith is interested anyway.  Plus they're both 15 years older than Savannah (which shouldn't matter but probably does).  Now Megyn Kelly on the other hand...

It was reported that Savannah signed a contract extension in December, but I don't think it was ever confirmed.

• Love 4

I wish Katie would stay. She makes Matt happier and not act like he has a permanent stick up his butt.  It's funny who they bring back.  Hey Today Show why not bring back Deborah Norville and Ann Curry for a week too.  Now that would be "Must see TV."

• Love 4

I love Katie and Matt together.  I also love that Al doesn't get as much of a chance to clown around because the attention is on Katie and Matt.

I wouldn't mind seeing Deborah Norville but please don't bring back Ann Curry.  But if they do, just let it be for one week only.  

• Love 2

I wonder if they will even show any Ann Curry stuff for Matt's 20th Anniversary. Doubt it. Ann was a horrible news reader (couldn't read a teleprompter to save her life) and had no chemistry sitting next to Matt on the curvy couch. That said, NBC treated her horribly and dropped her like a bad habit. I like Matt & Katie the most. They just have IT. Matt and Meredith were okay too but sometimes Meredith tried too hard to be funny. It was annoying. Savanah is so Mary Richards without the charm. She doesn't have IT with Matt. They work well together but she is just too earnest and goody goody. Also, she has the worst hair. It's so flat and lifeless. That said, I don't think NBC would dump her. I think Matt likes her (enough) and NBC doesn't want another Ann Curry debacle.

• Love 6

I watched off and on this week to see Katie and Matt reunited but today with all the hoopla over Matt and his anniversary I'm sorry I tuned in today.

Next week the same to see Meredith with Matt. 

The guy is appealing with certain co-hosts but when the focus is on him he is unwatchable.

I've always loved Matt, so I've enjoyed this week.  I love Katie too, and they have such great chemistry.  Not looking forward to Meredith next week though because I know she'll try too hard to be funny (she's not) and outdo the Matt & Katie show. 

I did feel kinda bad for Dylan standing there this morning though because Matt & Savannah just couldn't stop hugging each other.  He finally gave Dylan a hug as if he just remembered she was there.

• Love 1

Who is on with Matt next week?  Deborah Norville? Jane Pauley?  I understand they got time to fill but I'm sick of the clip shows of "look see how much fun we've had over the years."

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

I understand they got time to fill but I'm sick of the clip shows of "look see how much fun we've had over the years."

I agree.  They've done enough of the clips and I don't need to see anymore of them.  They're a fun bunch.  Yeah, we get it.

• Love 2

Let me preface with this: I'm a huge, unapologetic Matt Lauer fan, in fact, one of the things I told my husband when we were first dating is that Matt Lauer will be the man I wake up with for as long as he wants to be. Having said that, he really was a total ass in the whole Ann Curry debacle from everything I've read, & from the way Ann acted towards him at the end. She was so sweet with Al & Natalie, & she blatantly ignored Matt, which told me exactly why she felt like she was being ousted. Plus, the week after she left, Al made a comment about "no, we just throw our cohosts under the bus", which was a direct slam at Matt. I think Matt didn't like the ratings dip & blamed Ann. She was by far my least favorite of his co-anchors, but I did feel bad about the way she was treated. 

However, having Matt & Katie back together again was just magic! I love them together, & as much as I love Savannah, I'd love for Katie to come back full-time. Meredith is ok, but she doesn't have the Katie natural charm. Very, very few people do, & probably even fewer look Katie Couric-good at 60. 60! 

• Love 2

My take on the Matt Lauer/Ann Curry debacle is, since I don't know what their relationship was like off-camera, I never had the opinion one way or the other about why she left or how she was treated.  There was just gossip, and I tend to take what Al has to say with a grain of salt because he strikes me as gossipy anyway.  It could have been as simple as the networks wanting her gone and Matt (and maybe others) didn't back her up but Al (and maybe others) did.  I was just glad to have her gone.  

• Love 2