Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Does he have a portrait hidden somewhere? Maybe he subscribes to the Susan Lucci School of Anti-Aging. Start surgery before you need it.

I found this so hilarious! He does not seem to age. So how old was Billy when he made these comments? Was he married/have kids at the time? 

Billy Bush always came off as smarmy to me. I do not know if it is all those years on Access Hollywood, but it seems like he lives up any celebs ass. 

Please get rid of him. I would be so happy to see Willie back, but I doubt that will happen.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

So how old was Billy when he made these comments? Was he married/have kids at the time? 

He was 33 and married with children at the time.  So he was immature but mature enough to be a husband and father.  That excuse would fly if he was 21 at the time.

Billy calling 32 year old Ryan Lochte a kid makes so much more sense now.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

He was 33 and married with children at the time.  So he was immature but mature enough to be a husband and father.  That excuse would fly if he was 21 at the time.

Thanks for the info. I would almost expect the comments in the video from a high school/college student, not so much a 33 year old man. 

• Love 1

Jenna Bush is her own person. I was annoyed when she was first on the show, because she was terrible. She's much more comfortable now with the camera and she is quite likeable and seems to get along well with her colleagues.

Billy Bush on the other hand.... Not a journalist (obvious from he couldn't stay neutral while interviewing Lochte), appears to be disliked by the audience..... not sure why they picked him. I don't think they can fire him on the basis of what he did 10 years ago. He probably has a multi-year contract.

Edited by schroeder
ETA wording
  • Love 2

Oh Billy...you gonna have a lot of explaining to do once Monday morning rolls around.  Can Al Roker still be there to ream him a new one like he did over the Ryan Lochte thing?  I find Billy douchy anyway, but to act like that regarding Nancy just puts him at another level.  I agree at 33 you are not some kid, your a grown ass adult, act like it.  As much as Tamaron has her quirks, if I were her, I would have a conversation with him about how you treat your female cohost off the air, as in have their back.

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Access Hollywood confirmed the Nancy Trump was referring to was Nancy O'Dell.  So Billy Bush was cackling about Trump trying to screw his co-worker and talking about her fake tits.  So repulsive.  I hope he takes a good long break from Today because I don't want to look at him yukking it up when he laughed at someone degrading his former co-worker and women in general.

This is grounds for dismissal IMO. Nancy was a colleague and NBC had better get rid of him on that basis at least. Nevermind the childish way he acts in real life.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2016 at 6:36 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

Billy Bush and Donald Trump caught on tape making lewd comments in 2005.

I can't figure out if Billy is really like that, or he's been a professional asskisser for so long he will cackle at and go along with anything a celeb does.

I hate to miss an opportunity to beat on Billy Bush, but it sounded to me more like the latter - I only listened once, but to me it sounded more like he was going along with the inane chatter than actively participating in it.  Though if he had any character at all, he might have told DT to knock it off or how asinine he sounded. (Then again, if he had any character at all, he wouldn't be Billy Bush.)

Unfortunately, given that it's very possible Matt Lauer is a philandering jerk (but doesn't brag about it) and has made his share of tabloid covers for it yet still remains secure in his position at Today, I don't think Bush is going to be canned - possibly not even reprimanded.  I hope I'm wrong. 

I do think it's rich that Natalie Morales gets to report on Billy Bush's part in this due to her new job at/demotion to Access Hollywood. Hope she's enjoying the schadenfreude. 

I feel bad for Nancy O'Dell in all of this. Must have bad enough to deal with at the time - never mind having to work with Billy Bush too - and now it's all over the place, with such "nice" things said about her being made very public.  

Edited by harrie
Because this is the Today thread after all.....
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Oh Billy...you gonna have a lot of explaining to do once Monday morning rolls around.  Can Al Roker still be there to ream him a new one like he did over the Ryan Lochte thing?  I find Billy douchy anyway, but to act like that regarding Nancy just puts him at another level.  I agree at 33 you are not some kid, your a grown ass adult, act like it.  As much as Tamaron has her quirks, if I were her, I would have a conversation with him about how you treat your female cohost off the air, as in have their back.

I'm not a big fan of Tamron, but I would love to see her smack Bush upside the head as she's having this talk with him. 

• Love 1

It appears that Billy's safe but I have to wonder for how long. I don't know how much weight the TodayShow gives their social media but their facebook account has lots of Billy-critics. To say the least. 

Not a registered Twitter person but I'm guessing it's blowing up there too.

It's been mentioned in more than one article that the Today Show is so female-centric, viewers and employees, that it will be a very awkward walk he's going to have to take.

I'm sure it won't help that he tells Zucker, actress who greeted the bus, to "give the Donald a hug." 

And he's supposed to be the next Matt Lauer? Hard to believe, especially 'cuz them shoes ain't all that big to fill, imho. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

It's been mentioned in more than one article that the Today Show is so female-centric, viewers and employees, that it will be a very awkward walk he's going to have to take.

Yeah, sources told the Hollywood Reporter that Billy is pretty unpopular and that Tamron can't stand him. 

I wonder if enough staffers and on-air personalities make it known they don't like him, it will eventually force Today's hand.  I guess that all depends how well Billy's apology goes over with the audience.  Which I doubt it will because who the hell likes Billy Bush?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

who the hell likes Billy Bush?

Ha! No kidding. He's s smarmy. And full of hmself. What does NBC see?

I'll bet he's hoping there are no hot-mic moments floating around from when he hosted MissUSA and MissUniverse. 

From Wiki:

'Bush co-hosted the Miss Universe pageant four times: in 2003 and 2004 with Daisy Fuentes; in 2005 with fellow Access Hollywood co-anchor Nancy O'Dell; and in 2009 with Claudia Jordan. He has also co-hosted the Miss USA pageant four times, with almost the same partners: in 2003 with Fuentes; 2004 and 2005 with O'Dell; and again in 2009, this time with Nadine Velazquez. After the 65th Annual Golden Globe Awards of 2008 were cancelled as a result of the 2007–08 Writers Guild of America strike, Bush co-hosted the 65th Annual Golden Globe Awards Announcement press conference with Nancy O'Dell on January 13, 2008.'

bolding mine.

Hmmm. Look who he hosted with in 2005.

Can't imagine Trump wasn't there to oversee his realm. Ugh.

• Love 2

I don't have any skin in this game, BUT wasn't it Billy's job to stick-handle celebrities?  He probably heard the same & much worse from a lot of so-called stahs!!  I've barely seen him in any of his jobs, but I can say he doesn't appeal to me.  Just sayin'.

ETA:  Billy is sure getting told off on his Facebook page.  Wow!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't have any skin in this game, BUT wasn't it Billy's job to stick-handle celebrities?  He probably heard the same & much worse from a lot of so-called stahs!!  I've barely seen him in any of his jobs, but I can say he doesn't appeal to me.  Just sayin'.

ETA:  Billy is sure getting told off on his Facebook page.  Wow!!!

I'm sure he has. Doesn't mean he had to be Trump's "wingman". Or maybe he was that palsy-walsy with everyone? Disgusting.

Ooh. I haven't checked his FB. Thanks.

• Love 1

I can't believe that NBC thought that it could put him back on the air after what he did on the video. The misogynistic talk was bad enough, but asking Adrianne Zucker to hug Trump and then him crossed all boundaries of decent behavior. He was basically pimping out Adrianne. At least, NBC came to its senses and tossed him out. I bet he is never coming back.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I can't believe that NBC thought that it could put him back on the air after what he did on the video. The misogynistic talk was bad enough, but asking Adrianne Zucker to hug Trump and then him crossed all boundaries of decent behavior. He was basically pimping out Adrianne. At least, NBC came to its senses and tossed him out. I bet he is never coming back.

44 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

He's disliked by the female staffers and his co-host and the viewers were never going to accept him after egging Trump on.  He will be quietly reassigned or bought out.

Posters on his Facebook want to string him up, so NBC is doing what it does best!!!

• Love 5

I have no love for Billy, and I never thought he was a great fit for the show, but damn that seems harsh considering he wasn’t even the one making remarks.  Was he acting like an adolescent?   Yes.  However, it was 11 years ago, long before he was with Today.  I suppose from a PR standpoint, given the current outrage they had to do something, but I really don’t even understand the pearl clutching about the audio leak.  This is not a new revelation of Trump’s character.  This is what he has shown himself to be all along.  The time for clutching of pearls should have come last year when he threw his hat into the campaign ring. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

That, and his cackling as Trump degraded Billy's colleague...every woman who works with him at Today is wondering if he's making/laughing at disgusting remarks like that about them when they're out of earshot.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 10
On 10/7/2016 at 10:15 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

Access Hollywood confirmed the Nancy Trump was referring to was Nancy O'Dell.  So Billy Bush was cackling about Trump trying to screw his co-worker and talking about her fake tits.  So repulsive.  I hope he takes a good long break from Today because I don't want to look at him yukking it up when he laughed at someone degrading his former co-worker and women in general.

It's shocking that Billy Bush didn't tell NBC News about that clip when he joined the Today Show. If that tape had aired last year during the primaries, Trump would be toast. NBC owns the Access Hollywood show, so they could have reviewed Trump's interviews on that show without Billy's knowledge. Billy is Jeb Bush's cousin. Why didn't he tell him about the embarrassing video of Trump? Jeb could have used it against Trump. Was Billy afraid that he would look bad by encouraging Trump to go after the soap stars? After Trump got off the bus, Billy encouraged Trump to hug the actress in the purple dress.  I think NBC made a mistake by demoting Natalie Morales to Access Hollywood & promoting Billy. Billy is suspended & I doubt he will be back till after the election. Perhaps he can co host a show with Brian Williams on MSNBC.

The NBC network is in a difficult spot. They promoted Trump 's TV show, Apprentice on their news shows, but didn't realize he would run for office one day.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Fable said:

I have no love for Billy, and I never thought he was a great fit for the show, but damn that seems harsh considering he wasn’t even the one making remarks. 

The minute he had A Zucker hug Donald Trump, the "just going along" excuse lost credibility, IMO.  That wasn't something Donald asked for.  That's something that he came up with and even got a hug for himself.  As I said in another thread, that to me was the bit about leaked audio/video that got to me the most.  The Trump in those vids wasn't shocking.  Even Billy laughing along didn't shock me because I have always felt he was smarmy but making her have physical contact with them both was just so gross to me.

And why the pearl clutching now?  I think a lot of people aren't surprised.  He has pretty much insulted everyone except for straight white men (unless they're a GOP official not backing him). But this is arguably the most lewd audio depicting his misogyny and that plays.  But another factor could likely be that the talk was about a married white woman.

27 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's shocking that Billy Bush didn't tell NBC News about that clip when he joined the Today Show. If that tape had aired last year during the primaries, Trump would be toast. NBC owns the Access Hollywood show, so they could have reviewed Trump's interviews on that show without Billy's knowledge.

NBC's part in this is curious.  The fact that Billy didn't remember this is either because he was so used to it that it didn't stand out, forgot he was on mic or was trying to protect himself. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to risk his career for his cousin's potential career.  But we are also left not entirely knowing what NBC would have done.  I don't remember the specifics so forgive me if I get them wrong but reportedly a producer at Access Hollywood suddenly remembered this conversation or the fact that they had Trump outtakes on Monday.  They started digging through them and NBC started planning a story that they claim wasn't going to air until after the debate but needed to get legal clearance.  Someone at NBC downloaded the video and leaked it to the Washington Post. WaPo called NBC to get a comment and that's when they learned they were about to be scooped.

But I've seen some skepticism that NBC had this but needed legal clearance. So maybe they were going to release it.  Or maybe not. 

• Love 9

So Billy Bush was cackling about Trump trying to screw his co-worker and talking about her fake tits.  So repulsive. 

Especially doing so while ON THE JOB.  It's ridiculous that they were initially dismissing it as "locker room talk." But this was in the context of an interview.  And it's not some random woman, it's someone that they both know and for Billy, worked with on a daily basis. 

What does bother me more is: this was in 2005.  A few people had to had seen the tape originally back then in order to cut and edit the interview for air.  Does it mean NO ONE bothered to report this at the time?  Or whoever did kept silent in order to avoid any fallout? This reminds me a lot of Pat O'Brien's downfall after lewd voice mails were leaked. Mind you that happened after he left Access Hollywood but it wouldn't surprised me if that behaviour was part of the reason he was no longer at Access Hollywood by then (he had moved on to The Insider.) 

Between this and Matt Lauer, the Today show is a mess.  I would almost feel sorry for Bush because he lost a job except...he also brought it on himself.  (Side note: who the hell thought at NBC thought Bush is big enough of a name to bring in viewers?)

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 5

I bet everyone at Today is really happy there was a debate last night. They barely mentioned Billy Bush and the tape, made a quick mention at 7 and other at 9, then moved on to the debate. You could tell they didn't want to go there. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The minute he had A Zucker hug Donald Trump, the "just going along" excuse lost credibility, IMO.  That wasn't something Donald asked for.  That's something that he came up with and even got a hug for himself.  As I said in another thread, that to me was the bit about leaked audio/video that got to me the most.  The Trump in those vids wasn't shocking.  Even Billy laughing along didn't shock me because I have always felt he was smarmy but making her have physical contact with them both was just so gross to me.

And why the pearl clutching now?  I think a lot of people aren't surprised.  He has pretty much insulted everyone except for straight white men (unless they're a GOP official not backing him). But this is arguably the most lewd audio depicting his misogyny and that plays.  But another factor could likely be that the talk was about a married white woman.

NBC's part in this is curious.  The fact that Billy didn't remember this is either because he was so used to it that it didn't stand out, forgot he was on mic or was trying to protect himself. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to risk his career for his cousin's potential career.  But we are also left not entirely knowing what NBC would have done.  I don't remember the specifics so forgive me if I get them wrong but reportedly a producer at Access Hollywood suddenly remembered this conversation or the fact that they had Trump outtakes on Monday.  They started digging through them and NBC started planning a story that they claim wasn't going to air until after the debate but needed to get legal clearance.  Someone at NBC downloaded the video and leaked it to the Washington Post. WaPo called NBC to get a comment and that's when they learned they were about to be scooped.

But I've seen some skepticism that NBC had this but needed legal clearance. So maybe they were going to release it.  Or maybe not. 

What was NBC waiting for?  Seems odd that it was 'leaked" to WaPo.  I'm glad to see Billy Bush suspended, hope he doesnt come back...I find him annoying & smarmy, trying too hard to be "cool"

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

What was NBC waiting for?  Seems odd that it was 'leaked" to WaPo.  I'm glad to see Billy Bush suspended, hope he doesnt come back...I find him annoying & smarmy, trying too hard to be "cool"

And he always seems to have an entitled little smirk. I hate that. 

Maybe that kind of talk was no big thing then. And I hate that too.

• Love 4

What was NBC waiting for?  Seems odd that it was 'leaked" to WaPo.

Based on what an ex AH producer said today on CNN, Access Hollywood is not part of the news division so it has a separate set of guidelines that meant it has to be vetted by the news division and most likely needed to be clear with legal.  However archives are stored on a central server so anyone there have the chance to download it.  In short, NBC was sitting on a story that was created by their own employees and STILL got beaten to the punch in delivering it. 

• Love 2

Honestly, there're a lot of people in this world who don't realize that having sex with someone who's passed out is sexual assault, that forcing a kiss on someone is assault, that grabbing someone in certain body parts is sexual assault. I once had a female friend point out a bar and say "that's where girls go and get themselves raped." When I took a human sexuality class 6 years ago, we had a speaker who worked at a sex-toy shop who talked about how men would come into his store, looking for roofies/Rohypnol and he'd have EXPLAIN to them that roofies=rape. Look at the recent Stanford case with the people who defended Brock Turner and tried to say that we wasn't REALLY a rapist. Many people are incredibly ignorant. Bush and Trump probably thought what they were doing to women and saying about them was normal and acceptable. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I would have thought that the other GOP or Democratic candidates would have been researching which shows Trump appeared on to see if he said anything controversial. It's hilarious that NBC didn't research the NBC related shows that he would have appeared on.

• Love 4

Billy Bush is reportedly "devastated" and worried his career may never recover

Other articles on People.com are reporting what has already been said or the viewers had already figured out:  Tamron, Al and the female Today staffers didn't like him and he most likely will never be on the show again.  I also read that NBC and Access Hollywood were planning to edit Billy out of the Trump tape but was scooped by whoever leaked it to the Washington Post.  Probably someone who wasn't happy Bush was going to be protected I would guess.

But whatever.  He was annoying and won't be missed by this viewer.

I saw Lester Holt filled in for Matt this morning.  Now that's a man who does both the silly lighter stuff and serious news equally well.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 9

Page Six: Billy Bush bragged about Trump tape in Rio

Proving the infamous Ryan Lochte interview wasn’t Bush’s only Rio recklessness, the shamed “Today” host boasted at a party in August that he had a “tape of Trump being a real dog,” prompting staffers at “Access Hollywood” to track it down.

Bush never told NBC News brass about the tape when he joined “Today,” and they’re not happy about it. “Billy was bragging about the tape to other NBC staff while in Rio. If he knew about the tape, and remembered the full extent of such an explosive conversation with a presidential candidate and didn’t disclose that to NBC News, that is a very, very serious problem,” the insider said, adding it could violate the “morality clause” in his contract.

Another insider added, “It is not clear if Billy remembered the exact level of vulgarity in the conversation with Trump, or if he instead realized its news value and didn’t declare it to protect himself.”

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I would have thought that the other GOP or Democratic candidates would have been researching which shows Trump appeared on to see if he said anything controversial. It's hilarious that NBC didn't research the NBC related shows that he would have appeared on.

There has been research for immediately available information.  For instance, we've heard plenty of Trump from Howard Stern.  We have plenty of quotes from books. Even his oldest tweets have been mined. The thing about the Access Hollywood tape is that it was edited out of the aired show.  So the footage isn't easily available for other candidates to mine.  (Same goes for the Apprentice footage.) Another thing about primaries is that I think there's an unspoken rule to go after your opponent but don't hurt them too much in case they go into the general election.

If the Page 6 article is true, I will find it hilarious.  But there is something about the way they're written which makes me think they are never true.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

From the PageSix article:

'Proving the infamous Ryan Lochte interview wasn’t Bush’s only Rio recklessness, the shamed “Today” host boasted at a party in August that he had a “tape of Trump being a real dog,” prompting staffers at “Access Hollywood” to track it down

Sounds like if he had kept his mouth shut he wouldn't be in this mess.

I think he's Today-toast. Kathie Lee doesn't even want him to "throw" to her hour.

• Love 2

On CNN this morning, one of the commentators said that he thought that the reason that NBC had been slow to release the video was because there was a non-disparagement clause in the agreement NBC and Trump signed with he was dumped from the Apprentice. Maybe, but I think that NBC was trying to find a way to edit and downplay Bush's role in this disgusting misogynistic video. 

• Love 2

I'm just relieved that Billy Bush has finally shown himself as the spectacular dolt I always suspected him to be.  No one to blame but himself.  I'm thrilled that perhaps he won't be appearing on the Today show anymore; at last I can return to watching the 9:00 hour.  Not a big Tamron fan, but at least I think she does have a good heart.

**Just adding: I nearly wrote "Today show" as "Toady show."  Haha.**

Edited by DorianGray
Edited because grammar and you know, words
  • Love 12
On 10/11/2016 at 1:18 PM, Showthyme said:

I don't want to see another host with the last name of Bush. Just sayin.

I do. I really enjoy Jenna Bush whenever she is on. I find her sweet and funny. And completely non-political.

Edited by Love2dance
Added last line.
  • Love 4

I've been with out power due to Hurricane Matthew so I'm sorry I'm late with this, but Al's face while Tamron was reading off the reason Billy was suspended was priceless. It had "I told y'all....!" all over it. All I could think of was Al stirring that drink with his straw (and the subsequent memes made from it) while Billy tried to apologize for Ryan Lochte. Everyone comes full circle, doesn't it?! 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Indigo Luna said:

I've been with out power due to Hurricane Matthew so I'm sorry I'm late with this, but Al's face while Tamron was reading off the reason Billy was suspended was priceless. It had "I told y'all....!" all over it. All I could think of was Al stirring that drink with his straw (and the subsequent memes made from it) while Billy tried to apologize for Ryan Lochte. Everyone comes full circle, doesn't it?! 

You know it's why Al probably didn't have that knee surgery until Tuesday.  He probably so wanted to be there. I only wish he had read it. 

• Love 3

I didn't have a problem with Billy Bush defending Lochte, and I actually thought Al Roker was acting like an ass in that particular episode.  (I'm one of the few people who thought Lochte didn't completely lie--but I digress.)  However, I always thought Bush was kind of smarmy and  the thing I'll remember most about him and the Olympics was him getting a Brazilian bikini wax, on the air for all the world to see.   So, in short, I won't miss him.  

Then again, I wouldn't mind at all if Al didn't come back either.  I'm sick of him too.

• Love 3

Off the Billy Bush talk for a second- I'm not a fan, he's gone- hooray!- 

so Matt is doing another food segment. This one has 6 eggs, 3 kinds of cheese, heavy cream, sausage... & not one disparaging remark from him about calories or fat. I guess when you are an attractive chef (Katie Lee) he won't make an ass of himself.

I was already so over the Today Show and their lack of fair reporting or interesting personalities but this just made it easier to cut the cord completely.  If they had been at all fair and neutral on some topics I would be more forgiving on the way they've handled the Billy Bush tape but this just emphasizes their lack of integrity.

• Love 5