Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

On Monday it was Sally Jessy Raphael.  I had learned of her whereabouts a few years ago when they did an Oprah's Where Are They Now? episode.  She lived on a large farm somewhere with her husband.

Today was Montel Williams but I ended up missing his segment.

I'm curious if Phil Donahue will appear because he must be quite old by now.  He was in a documentary about atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair about 3 or 4 years ago, though, but I haven't seen him lately.

I see that Hoda adopted a baby girl. I'm sure she will make a great Mother. The weird thing is that all the articles and the host of Today are saying that Hoda adopted a baby and will make a great Mother. Didn't she just move in with her boyfriend? There is no mention of him. Maybe, he isn't on board or apart of it. Anyway, I know she is crazy about her nieces so she gets to add one more to the mix.

• Love 3

So Hoda adopted a baby girl and I'm sure she will make a great Mother.  However, I am not looking forward to the weeks of gushing over babies when Savannah, Dylan and Hoda are all back together.  I might have to leave the show alone for a few weeks.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

So Hoda adopted a baby girl and I'm sure she will make a great Mother.  However, I am not looking forward to the weeks of gushing over babies when Savannah, Dylan and Hoda are all back together.  I might have to leave the show alone for a few weeks.

You mean you ain't gonna watch the obligatory story that the Today show will do saying how hard they have it. <sarcasm>

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

You mean you ain't gonna watch the obligatory story that the Today show will do saying how hard they have it. <sarcasm>

Heh, yeah.  And then Jenna Bush will chime in with child-rearing advice.  Nope.  Can't watch this. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Heh, yeah.  And then Jenna Bush will chime in with child-rearing advice.  Nope.  Can't watch this. 

No offense but if I hear Jenna talk about Mila & Poppy one more time my head will explode. I'm sure they are very cute kids but the names bug the heck out of me. Yes, I'm heartless. Move along, nothing to see here. LOL!!!

• Love 1

I love the names Poppy and Mila..  LOL  I have also warmed to Jenna.  

I wonder how Joel (Hoda's BF) fits into the picture now that Haley Joy is on the scene.  Very curious to hear what she will say, if anything, because it must be a question in many minds.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I love the names Poppy and Mila..  LOL  I have also warmed to Jenna.  

I wonder how Joel (Hoda's BF) fits into the picture now that Haley Joy is on the scene.  Very curious to hear what she will say, if anything, because it must be a question in many minds.  

Never mind. I thought better of it. LOL!!

Edited by ByaNose

It was announced last week that Savannah would be back on Friday (March 3rd), but then today it was announced that she'll be back tomorrow.  It makes sense that she'd want to be there to interview George Bush on Monday and to go to Capitol Hill on Tuesday but it's weird to me that they announced one thing and then switched it.  I wonder what changed over the weekend?

• Love 2
Just now, rose321 said:

It was announced last week that Savannah would be back on Friday (March 3rd), but then today it was announced that she'll be back tomorrow.  It makes sense that she'd want to be there to interview George Bush on Monday and to go to Capitol Hill on Tuesday but it's weird to me that they announced one thing and then switched it.  I wonder what changed over the weekend?

It will be nice to have her back. Can Savannah keep your job on the Today Show with Megyn Kelly waiting in the wings? Will Matt Lauer still have the power to pick his co host?

16 hours ago, rose321 said:

It was announced last week that Savannah would be back on Friday (March 3rd), but then today it was announced that she'll be back tomorrow. 

Dylan can't be far behind in coming back. Didn't she have her baby a couple of weeks after Savannah? 

Savannah was back this morning.  Wonder why.  I though she was not due to be back til March 3.  Maybe she couldnt resist the opportunity to question George Bush about those weird potraits he paints.  

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, oakville said:

It will be nice to have her back. Can Savannah keep your job on the Today Show with Megyn Kelly waiting in the wings? Will Matt Lauer still have the power to pick his co host?

I'm beginning to think Matt is the main problem with this show.  He is derogatory to his female co-hosts and regardless of the political environment still refers to Trump as Mr. Trump and not President Trump.  Right there it makes his segments more opinion and less news.  Give me the news, facts and all, and not an opinion piece from Lauer... and show a little respect.

• Love 3

Matt IS the main problem with this show. He is only mildly watchable with people like Katie and Meredith who draw out the best in him. Otherwise he is an overpaid, mediocre host and interviewer.

• Love 6
(edited)

Matt was very mean to Ann Curry. He got her fired. He was much nicer to Katie Couric . I remember when Matt scolded Savannah Guthrie for mentioning on air that he has a private helicopter take him to the Hamptons on the weekends to avoid traffic. Matt didn't want the audience to know that he was part of the elite 1%. I am shocked that he gets paid $28M per year to annoy people.

Edited by oakville
Matt is annoying
  • Love 6

I did LOL the other day after Savannah came back and they were talking about how much sleep you lose with babies or some such and Savannah said something to the effect of "she gets up but Matt (instead of I think Mike is her husband's name) keeps sleeping"!  I know Matt supposedly had an affair with Natalie but I don't think there has been any hint of impropriety with Savannah so it was just funny and not creepy.  There were facepalms all around!

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/1/2017 at 6:07 PM, captain1 said:

I did LOL the other day after Savannah came back and they were talking about how much sleep you lose with babies or some such and Savannah said something to the effect of "she gets up but Matt (instead of I think Mike is her husband's name) keeps sleeping"!  I know Matt supposedly had an affair with Natalie but I don't think there has been any hint of impropriety with Savannah so it was just funny and not creepy.  There were facepalms all around!

It is inappropriate for Matt to have an extra marital affair with Savannah. NBC does allow extra marital affairs on MSNBC between Joe & Mika:) They co host Morning Joe.

Edited by oakville
New Info

Well that proves the "favorite things" segment on keg & hoda is just product placement. Jordan Sparks said she received the Lancôme mask & serum the day before. Guess she didn't know she was supposed to fake it. They also have a dinner provided by the sponsors.

Can they please find a replacement for Sheinelle Jones? She is annoying and comes across very empty-headed.  It seems like even with all the "fluff" segments, she can't answer basic questions or contribute anything beyond a giggle and a shoulder shrug.  I've heard her say many times "I don't know who/what that is!"  She flubs her lines or reads over her co-hosts often.  I know "Today" is a light and breezy morning show, but this woman doesn't even have the required gravitas to talk about the latest trend in faux chinchilla fur slipper socks.  Hoda and Kathy fill the roll of goofy and fun hosts for me, so I don't need a 3rd wheel.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

It seems that once Tamron left, Sheinelle is filling the role of giggler. I don't mind her but she didn't used to be this silly.

I agree, Sheinelle wasn't silly before she got the 9:00 show.  Now I'm wondering if it's a requirement for the female to be the giggler, because Tamron wasn't that way either on her MSNBC show.  

• Love 6
On March 9, 2017 at 10:09 AM, BusyOctober said:

Can they please find a replacement for Sheinelle Jones? She is annoying and comes across very empty-headed.  It seems like even with all the "fluff" segments, she can't answer basic questions or contribute anything beyond a giggle and a shoulder shrug.  I've heard her say many times "I don't know who/what that is!"  She flubs her lines or reads over her co-hosts often.  I know "Today" is a light and breezy morning show, but this woman doesn't even have the required gravitas to talk about the latest trend in faux chinchilla fur slipper socks.  Hoda and Kathy fill the roll of goofy and fun hosts for me, so I don't need a 3rd wheel.  

I love Sheinelle...they can get rid of Kathy Lee and Jenna Bush, though.

Sheinelle seems to be better and calmer when she's on with Craig Melvin.  She gets gigglier when she's with Al.  I don't know what it is about Al but he seems to bring out the silliness in women.  

Jenna has grown on me but I can do without Hoda and her open mouth, and Kathie Lee.

• Love 3

Regis was on with KLG this morning. He still makes me laugh and the two of them have so much chemistry still.

I miss Hoda and Jenna does a good job but I wish KLG would have Regis for the rest of Hoda's maternity leave. Dean Cain! Please never again.

• Love 1
On 3/28/2017 at 3:53 PM, vmcd88 said:

Good grief no more Al Rokerthon I beg of you.  What is the point of this crapfest?  I'd rather watch Jeff Rossen scare me out of eating my Tide Pods.   

Can't. Stop. Laughing!

• Love 3

Vmdc88, that was hilarious about Jeff Rosen and the Tide Pods!   I really had a good laugh at that.  I suppose there is a big audience that enjoys those Rokerthons, but it just made me switch the channel.

On another note, I thought Craig Ferguson did a really good job with Kathie Lee.  I had some good laughs this week watching them.

• Love 2

Ah, Jeff Rosen & the "epidemic of flying bounce houses". I enjoy looking up statistics after his investigations.

From 2000-2015, there have been 64 bounce house accidents caused by wind. So 4 a year. 

If you want to talk about injuries in a bounce house, that is different, much higher probability of injury -probably similar to being on a crowded trampoline. 

But wind- borne bounce houses? Sheesh.

• Love 1

Hoda back on Today. She was on with Matt then back in her chair with KLG. A lot of crying and baby pictures. She looks so happy. I'm happy for her.

I watched the hour with Sheinelle for the first time today and she had Jenna with her along with Dylan. I liked the three of them together. Why not make that a show instead of Megyn Kelly taking that spot!

• Love 5

I know Mothers Day is coming up but all this talk about being mothers, especially the new moms, is annoying.  I have never seen one show make so much about themselves. Yep, changed the channel.

• Love 4
On 4/18/2017 at 8:50 AM, vmcd88 said:

I really like Hoda but enough with the "the baby completed my life" stories.  At first I was touched, now they just annoy me.

Yes.  I knew this would happen.  

• Love 1

When I saw them today, I said "Ok I'll give 'em one day to talk about the motherhood stuff because Mother's Day is coming up."  However, after today if I hear anymore talk I'm changing the channel.  

And shut up, Hoda.

• Love 2

I like how they are pretending this Mother's Day lunch at Kathie Lee's was their  idea. Just happened to have a film crew & People magazine there too, btw. I'd believe it was friends getting together if there were just photos after the event & no other coverage.

• Love 1