Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

On 9/8/2017 at 4:09 PM, rcc said:

I like Sheinelle and I think they should have kept the 9 o'clock hour with her, Jenna and Dylan. They get along and are watchable. Al is not as funny as he thinks he is. Craig is too dry for morning television. 

I usually watch GMA and switch to Today at 9 am. I really enjoy Dylan and Jenna. 

I've been switching back and forth among the different channels and their storm coverage. I know that he's part of the Weather Channel and the NBC/Universal conglomerate, but there was something wrong about seeing Sam Champion on the Today Show this morning. 

• Love 1

Yikes! Jenny McCarthy's makeup! And she's starting to resemble Priscilla Presley.

I cant believe Kathie Lee came back so soon after her mother's passing. Not judging, maybe she wanted to keep busy but she's stronger than I would be.

• Love 1

I have zero interest in watching Megan Kelly.  No matter how much Today tries to humanize her, to me she will always be a Foxbot with a black soul.  I'd take Sheinelle, Tamron, Natalie, or even Ann over her any day.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I have zero interest in watching Megan Kelly.  No matter how much Today tries to humanize her, to me she will always be a Foxbot with a black soul.  I'd take Sheinelle, Tamron, Natalie, or even Ann over her any day.

Funny how they're still begging to give away seats to her live premiere show at this late date......

• Love 7

Megyn hosted with Hoda yesterday morning and it's the first time I've seen her except for the Presidential debate. I never watch Fox News so never saw her over there. She was very personable and funny with Hoda. I think she will do well with her show but I still think NBC gave her a very inflated contract.

I missed Megyn's first show except for the last 15 minutes. The whole Today Show "family" were there and they were drinking mimosas. Everybody seemed like they love her and Al made a funny video welcoming her because he had to go on jury duty.

Edited by rcc

(since the is no megyn kelly show forum):

have lost respect for nbc for giving megan kelly her own show. and for the cast of will and grace to appear on it. infuriating.sickening. the things that have come out of her mouth.

fingers crossed it bombs quickly.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:40 PM, rcc said:

Megyn hosted with Hoda yesterday morning and it's the first time I've seen her except for the Presidential debate. I never watch Fox News so never saw her over there. She was very personable and funny with Hoda. I think she will do well with her show but I still think NBC gave her a very inflated contract.

google her, watch a clip on youtube. i hope you change your mind about her being personable. 

• Love 7

The Megyn Kelly hour was atrocious to say the least. Firstly, she has as much personality as a piece of cardboard. Secondly, the whole studio audience thing just doesn't fit with Today. Thirdly, her being by herself also doesn't fit. Fourthly, much of what she offered was depressing. We get enough depressing stuff in the first hour when they do hard news....not their fault it can't be helped.

A lot of people here and elsewhere have wondered if Savannah was on the chopping block because of the hiring of Megyn. I don't think Savannah has to worry....of course I'm a little biased. I also went to law school, and can hold my own with federal judges and the like. OTOH, I'm dippy, I don't have the common sense to come in from the rain, and I have to get out a cookbook whenever I want to boil an egg.

• Love 8

Firstly, she has as much personality as a piece of cardboard. Secondly, the whole studio audience thing just doesn't fit with Today. Thirdly, her being by herself also doesn't fit.

Watch NBC pair her with Al or Hoda if her ratings start to tank.

I thought the word was Megyn was being groomed to be Matt's replacement.  I doubt Matt has much to worry about either.

ETA:  I think she would garner a little good will for apologizing for her race baiting BS when she was on Fox News.  But Megs and NBC wants to pretend that crap never happened, so I'm going to pretend she doesn't have a show.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Katy-lied said:

The Megyn Kelly hour was atrocious to say the least. Firstly, she has as much personality as a piece of cardboard. Secondly, the whole studio audience thing just doesn't fit with Today. Thirdly, her being by herself also doesn't fit. Fourthly, much of what she offered was depressing. We get enough depressing stuff in the first hour when they do hard news....not their fault it can't be helped.

A lot of people here and elsewhere have wondered if Savannah was on the chopping block because of the hiring of Megyn. I don't think Savannah has to worry....of course I'm a little biased. I also went to law school, and can hold my own with federal judges and the like. OTOH, I'm dippy, I don't have the common sense to come in from the rain, and I have to get out a cookbook whenever I want to boil an egg.

she is atrocious so how could her show not be?! :) i could not believe what i was hearing. i thought they were going to break out in a a hymn or gather together to say a prayer. it indeed felt strange. it does not belong on nbc. that's a fox or religious channel show if i ever saw one.  sickening , ignorant woman.

9 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Watch NBC pair her with Al or Hoda if her ratings start to tank.

I thought the word was Megyn was being groomed to be Matt's replacement.  I doubt Matt has much to worry about either.

ETA:  I think she would garner a little good will for apologizing for her race baiting BS when she was on Fox News.  But Megs and NBC wants to pretend that crap never happened, so I'm going to pretend she doesn't have a show.

are you kidding me?! has nbc lost it's mind? where do write to them? this is crazy.

• Love 4

My lack of interest in Ms Kelly's show goes beyond just the obvious of having no desire to "get to know" her.  I just HATE the standard format of conventional talk shows (and that's all this is)--inane, clapping, hooting and hollering studio audience, interviews with whoever of the day, freebie handouts to people in attendance.  Ugh.  All that noise and yelling over applause. Can't stand it.  Click.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, DorianGray said:

My lack of interest in Ms Kelly's show goes beyond just the obvious of having no desire to "get to know" her.  I just HATE the standard format of conventional talk shows (and that's all this is)--inane, clapping, hooting and hollering studio audience, interviews with whoever of the day, freebie handouts to people in attendance.  Ugh.  All that noise and yelling over applause. Can't stand it.  Click.

This. A thousand times this. 

I miss the regular 9:00 hour anchors so much (any and all of the configurations).

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Love2dance said:

This. A thousand times this. 

I miss the regular 9:00 hour anchors so much (any and all of the configurations).

I tried watching Megyn on Monday but I had to delete it from my DVR after 10 minutes. I generally don't like daily talk shows. I find it strange that NBC would hire Megyn from Fox News , whose expertise is in discussing politics & try & turn her into a non political talk show host?

I thought the plan was to put her on the Today Show to replace Savannah Guthrie or Matt Lauer  & have her make the Today show a more serious morning show like the CBS morning show. Megyn has similar political knowledge to Norah O Donnell who used to be on MSNBC & NBC.

Megyn was associated with being right wing on Fox News who went after Trump during the first GOP debate. Her skill set is politics whether she likes it or not. It's absurd to make her into a non political talk show host.

I wonder if Megyn signed a long term contract with NBC or can they get rid of her after 1 year?

Would Megyn voluntarily quit NBC to avoid further embarrassment?

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

I DVR the Today show & have it on as background noise while I do dishes or clean in the evening. Since Megyn is on now my DVR has not recognized her show so it's not recording it. Sounds like I'm not missing anything, lol!

Am I the only one annoyed that Al now fancies himself a master chef?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Welp, Megyn strikes again.  She insulted Jane Fonda.  Not that I care all that much about Jane Fonda, but I can't believe Megyn Kelly pushed the plastic surgery issue.  Jane should have reached over and smacked her. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/jane-fonda-snaps-at-megyn-kelly-for-asking-plastic-surgery-question/ar-AAsxdvZ?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=msnHomepage

Jane Fonda was a popular actress. It's rude to ask her about her plastic surgery. I think Megyn should stay away from celebrity interviews & go back to politics.

• Love 3

My chuckle for the day was the guy, Bob(?), who was an audience member with a question. He called her 'Kelly' twice! Hahaha, you go Bob. Take the wind out of her over fluffed sails! 

I cannot stand the way she writes in the air with her fingers. She must be ambidextrous because she did it with fingers from both hands LOL 

Then, when she announced Jane Fonda and Robert Redford she did the ta-dah with her right hand and they walked from a door to the left of her center. 

Me thinks thinking on her feet isn't ol' Kelly's strong suit. She isn't as grounded without a big desk in front of her and no doubt, the live audience factor is throwing her too. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Jane Fonda was a popular actress. It's rude to ask her about her plastic surgery. I think Megyn should stay away from celebrity interviews & go back to politics.

This!!!

This Today segment with 'Kelly' (thank you Bob)  is totally not what I thought it was going to.  Not interested and if she thought having all her family members give us insight into her, she was horribly wrong.  I couldn't have cared less.  She just seems totally out of her element.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

Me thinks thinking on her feet isn't ol' Kelly's strong suit. She isn't as grounded without a big desk in front of her and no doubt, the live audience factor is throwing her too. 

Well,  a few days ago she stated that she was born to do a show like this. I guess she wasn't.

On Fox, she morphed from serious newswoman who asked smart questions into a cutesie pie idiot who thought she was exuding personality when really she was just being obnoxiously narcissistic and phony, thus her new nickname, Me-again. You can tell that she is just so taken with HERSELF! 

And the only reason anyone would wear the ridiculous pants that she wore the other day (with the ruffles on the pant hems....yuck! something a 6 yo would wear) was to prove just how sweet and nice and approachable she is. She had big ratings on Fox because she wore figure hugging clothing that the male audience tuned in to see.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Well,  a few days ago she stated that she was born to do a show like this. I guess she wasn't.

On Fox, she morphed from serious newswoman who asked smart questions into a cutesie pie idiot who thought she was exuding personality when really she was just being obnoxiously narcissistic and phony, thus her new nickname, Me-again. You can tell that she is just so taken with HERSELF! 

And the only reason anyone would wear the ridiculous pants that she wore the other day (with the ruffles on the pant hems....yuck! something a 6 yo would wear) was to prove just how sweet and nice and approachable she is. She had big ratings on Fox because she wore figure hugging clothing that the male audience tuned in to see.

Goodness yes! My 5 year old niece is taken with a brand called Ruffle Girl and she has several pair of their pants like 'Kelly' wore and Me-Again(love this, thanks for sharing!) looked downright silly wearing them. She had to change her style for daytime tv I suppose, as you outlined. 

I'm still wondering if Bob in the audience thought his wife was taking him to see LIVE! With Kelly and Ryan and he failed to figure it out despite the signage on the set. I'm still giggling about it and think I'll now call her Kelly myself ;) 

• Love 1

Yuck..... guess I will be finding something else to watch in the morning.  Why did they think we wanted to see Megyn Kelly on this show???????  She is an embarrassment to professional broadcasting.  No thanks.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I used to watch her sometimes in the afternoon on Fox News. She was pleasant & did a good job with interesting questions.  I think she made a mistake by turning down a 4 year contract at Fox News for $25M per year.

NBC & the Today show has a poor track record in dealing with their female broadcasters.

I think they will have to send her to MSNBC & give her one of the afternoon shows.

Fluffy is not her forte!

• Love 4

Great critique of her show today at thedailycaller.com. And I read elsewhere that Edie Falco backed out of her interview scheduled for today at the last minute, probably because Edie had already seen enough of Me-again's idiotic show and didn't want to be associated with it. Thus, the only guest today was a dog who sniffed out electronic devices. Total fail.

• Love 6
On 26/09/2017 at 10:20 AM, DorianGray said:

Agree!  Are there not enough talk shows with moronic audience members?  

On 27/09/2017 at 5:20 PM, oakville said:

Jane Fonda was a popular actress. It's rude to ask her about her plastic surgery.

Jane Fonda has discussed her plastic surgery, so I think it was a fair question.  Jane is a mature woman who can deflect the question (as she did).  Why does Redford get a pass on the plastic surgery question?  The man looks grotesque.

On 26/09/2017 at 6:46 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

They have made the show about THEM, rather than tell stories about interesting people.

Gawd, yes!  I DON'T CARE about them!! 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, useryikes said:

Jane Fonda has discussed her plastic surgery, so I think it was a fair question.  Jane is a mature woman who can deflect the question (as she did).  Why does Redford get a pass on the plastic surgery question?  The man looks grotesque.

The fact that she has discussed her plastic surgery in the past was irrelevant in that instance though.  She and Redford were there to discuss their movie.  What did plastic surgery have to do with that?  

• Love 8

I tried watching again today. they had the sister & dad of Ron Goldman & Chris Darden. It was interesting. 

Megyn has to stop with the Q& A from the audience. I assume the questions are pre approved , but the focus on inane topics.

Someone asked her divisions in the country & she gave a bland response. She is afraid to give a politically charged response because of the nature of the show. Why bother?

Megyn also complained about the media response to her show. She thanked viewers for sticking with her.

I don't think this show can succeed. I am not normally at home during that time of day, so I might be too harsh.

However, if I see Megyn Kelly on TV , I expect her to be talking about current events, not lifestyle stories.

• Love 2
On 29/09/2017 at 6:50 PM, Ohwell said:

The fact that she has discussed her plastic surgery in the past was irrelevant in that instance though.  She and Redford were there to discuss their movie.  What did plastic surgery have to do with that?  

Nothing, I guess.  I thought the questions would have to be approved by the interviewees, though.  I guess MK was trying to jazz up her show a bit.  Frankly, I'm sick of celebrity guests answering boring questions.

Megyn had Russell Brand on the show this morning. He is known for telling it like it is with no phony dialogue ever from him. He told her that since meeting her he doesn't understand why people are rude to her. Megyn smiled and held her hand to her heart. 

Russell also told her welcome to the light. She laughed a bit. He must mean leaving Fox News.

6 hours ago, rcc said:

Megyn had Russell Brand on the show this morning. He is known for telling it like it is with no phony dialogue ever from him. He told her that since meeting her he doesn't understand why people are rude to her. Megyn smiled and held her hand to her heart. 

Russell also told her welcome to the light. She laughed a bit. He must mean leaving Fox News.

he was way too kind to her. she doesn't deserve it. her views have not changed. she is still vile.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The Russell Brand interview went well because he hasn't had any plastic surgery for her to ask him about.

I think Russell likes women & may give them a pass, as he's too busy flirting.

On 29/09/2017 at 8:31 PM, oakville said:

However, if I see Megyn Kelly on TV , I expect her to be talking about current events, not lifestyle stories.

Heavens, yes!  Joan Lunden was on today.  I'm sure it's inspirational, but I don't really care (sorry).  I would like to see her show more like the old Phil Donahue Show.  He had some celebrity bits (I still remember a cringeworthy Demi Moore). but dealt with more important topics.  Leave the celebrity to Kelly & Ryan, let's have more depth.

I always sort of liked Megyn Kelly (I guess I'm in the minority) so would like to see her tackle more serious subjects.

I watched every minute of Megyn's show for the first week.  I know, crazy.

They need to:

1. lose the audience.

2. lose the banter between Megyn/the main show, and Megyn/KL and H. It's fake and forced.

3. find Megyn a warmth/personality coach.  

The show is just all kinds of bad.  

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Would Savannah’s children’s book be in the top selling list if it didn’t have  her name on it?  Also, why can she hawk that but Kathie Lee is not allowed to talk about her wine?

Yes, it seems like every celebrity has to write a childrens book.  And I wonder if KLG can not talk about her 'stuff" is because its an alcoholic beverage?

just watched hoda and kathie lee. what the ****! was that with that no talent carla bruni? i could not look away because it was so bad. although my ears started to bleed from her "singing"...holy shit. just another example of what money, power and fading looks will get you. meanwhile there are people out there with talent who can actually sing who can't get anywhere due to whatever happens to be standing in their way. maddening.

• Love 2

Agree with the no-talent Carla Bruni. I could barely hear her and what I did hear was crap. And KLG please wear a headband or combs, so you are not always tucking, tucking, tucking!! So distracting and sophmoric, but what else would you expect?!

• Love 3

Hoda also is always brushing her hair back. And if she didn’t want to change her part in her hair (remember that?) she should switch chairs with KLG so her face isn’t hidden with hair because her head is turned towards a KLG.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
Autocorrect to “Honda” lol
  • Love 1