Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Stage Moms And Dropped Bombs

• Start Topic

Heather thinks she has PTSD from the accident. I do now after hearing about Vicky wanting to have sex, eww, Gonna have to sue her so I can get treatment.

Also if Vicky is low maintenance then damn I must be no maintenance. That woman is the most overly dramatic, annoying pain. Low maintenance and a catch my ass!

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Shannon's girls were cute.  They can't sing for shit, but they were very cute.

They are and that little 11 year old drummer is actually not bad. 

Since Vicki, Tamra, Heather and Kelley have decided to forgive Meghan, I guess I will as well.  Girl does know how to apologize sincerely.

• Love 13

Nope, flip flops is not a CA thing.  My son pretty much lives in them (on the east coast) except when it snows or when he's at work.  So does his friends.  Quite frankly, I didn't even notice.

Shannon's oldest is a stunner.

Meg is tall but most of the other people on this show are on the average or short side.  No matter how anyone feels about Meg, she is quite stunning, especially when she wears her hair straight.  And looks like she has skin to die for.

• Love 17

Didn't we already know David didn't like his sister, back from the Beadors' first season?  IIRC, when they had that gawd awful dinner party at their house, David met Vicki and mentioned he had a sister named Vicki as well, but that he didn't get on with her (and Vicki G. made a point of saying something like #notallVickis).

I was glad to see Shannon's daughters playing instruments and doing their rock thing (though that music teacher was a very strange dressing fellow).  All ages shows in a bar/restaurant aren't uncommon.  What was weird to me was that the girls seemed to have none of their friends at the show.  Granted, that could be due to all of their friends' parents vetoing their appearance on the show.  As for the girls knowing about their parents' marital problems, that bell can't be unrung now, and even if David had never stepped out on Shannon, those girls know their mother and paternal grandmother don't get along.  From experience, I know you don't even have to tell the kids that specifically, they just pick up on the tension.

I loved Vicki's family at that lunch; all three other adults taking deep swigs of their drinks every time Vicki proclaimed her need for sex or her low maintenance personality was a hoot.  Maybe they developed their own drinking game ahead of the meal?

Eddie for MVP of the ep; loved seeing him just shoveling food in his mouth as Tamra twirled up Shannon about what the MIL said.

• Love 14

This is not the first episode where someone is screaming nearby yet Eddie continues eating his food without even raising his head.  

It was hilarious when Vicki (delusionally) said she's a catch, everyone at the table all of a sudden got very thirsty.  

• Love 24

David's mom reminded me of a "woe is me" drunk.  Something about the way she phrased things and just let it all out to strangers.  I'd hate to be seated next to her on a plane or be anywhere near her when she really is drinking.

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

For the same reason Kelly and Michael make tossed salad jokes not only in the presence of Jolie, but at her expense.

Not that Michael doesn't seem gross, but I think that was Kelly's creeper brother participating in the tossed salad joke.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Kelly walks in to Shannon's house all meek and apologized to Shannon and all is ok now? You kidding me? Those two had several epic fights and it's magically all good between them?  

On WWHL Shannon said she didn't think it was a sincere apology but just accepted it because it was an awkward situation.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I skipped a season or 2 of OC, and just got back into it this season, so I'm wondering:  what's the deal with David?  He seems so low-energy and  creepy and just odd.  Does anyone know where their money comes from?  What is his story?

He always looks like a hostage. Like he doesn't know how he got here, or how in the world he will ever get out. The story they told is that they got married, and were basically never happy for a day after that. It was a miserable marriage from the beginning, yet for some reason they thought it a good idea to come on a reality show and shine a light on the horrendousness that was this Union. On basically the first week they started filming their first season, he began an affair that lasted for a good part of the time they were filming that first season. She found out later, and the gal he was sleeping with was a friend. Both Tamra and Shannon knew about the affair, and it was a big deal last season. They did marriage counseling (on camera) and involved their kids in conversations about the affair (again, on camera). He is an asshole who basically lives his life trying to be "fucking happy" as he has told Shannon. Despite the vow renewal, I don't think he is succeeding. He just looked miserable last night. 

Am I the only one who would like to know more about last March, when Shannon said that her MIL told her she was a terrible mother? I always wondered what their families thought of them bringing their shitstorm of a marriage on TV. My guess is that the mother told Shannon she was a terrible mother for allowing her kids to be part of her famewhoredom. I've said the same about Shannon, but I wouldn't tell it to a stranger on a night that was special to my grandkids. Not that she probably blamed David at all, but I guess that is what mothers do. 

• Love 14

My guess is that the mother told Shannon she was a terrible mother for allowing her kids to be part of her famewhoredom. I've said the same about Shannon, but I wouldn't tell it to a stranger on a night that was special to my grandkids. Not that she probably blamed David at all, but I guess that is what mothers do. 

Completely disagree. That woman doesn't seem to give a good goddamn about her grandchildren and David clearly has no use for her. David's goodbye was worse than Michael and everyone knows Michael hates his mother.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Completely disagree. That woman doesn't seem to give a good goddamn about her grandchildren and David clearly has no use for her. David's goodbye was worse than Michael and everyone knows Michael hates his mother.

Oh, I agree about the grandmother. Cannot possibly care about those kids after doing what she did. Just speculating on why she thinks that Shannon is such a terrible mother, and told her as recently as March. I can see it being about the show, although the woman seems a little looney, so who knows. Doesn't change the fact that Shannon is a terrible mother for putting her kids through all of this on TV. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

David also clearly doesn't like his mother. The greetings might have been edited out but I have seen warmer goodbyes from people that just met each other than David saying goodbye to his mother.

I don't really care for Shannon but I truly empathized with her last night. My husband doesn't like his mother either but she doesn't know that so she thinks he doesn't call or come by because of me. And like Shannon, I'm the one who encourages him to call her and invite her to family stuff but he doesn't want her around. Thankfully my husband told her about herself last year when she said something negative about me but David hasn't really defended Shannon that way which is why she blew up last night.

She didn't deserve any of that.

• Love 19

Stage Moms is right. Shannon was a total stage mom. But she was still cracking me up. At one point, her dance moves looked something akin to an old lady pushing her walker down the hall. The dude in the hat was not having it. 

Dream Catcher is going to officially be in my head the entire day. So thanks, Beador girls. It was quite horrible at times, but I applaud them for getting up there and doing it. With practice and training they might be alright one day. 

I have no words for Shannon's mom. What a disgusting thing to say. But, once again, the real culprit in the room is Tattling Tamra. No need to say anything on the night of the performance. Wait until later. So we don't end up with Shannon flipping her shit, yelling at David, and holing up in the bathroom. And then that awkward conversation on the limo ride home. Yikes. 

I do get it. I think a lot of women might feel insecure that THEY somehow cause the affair. So to have someone say that, it hurts. But Shannon needs to keep her emotions in check in front of her children. Her hysterics are not fun to watch. 

Brianna's birthday lunch was hilarious. Michael cheersing the kid's sippy cup with his margarita. Vicki turning everything around back to her - "Michael, are you dating? Oh, that's nice. *I* want to get married". Prattling on about sex in front of the grandkids. The crickets chirping away when Vicki clearly wants validation that she IS, indeed, a good catch. Just priceless. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Didn't we already know David didn't like his sister, back from the Beadors' first season?  IIRC, when they had that gawd awful dinner party at their house, David met Vicki and mentioned he had a sister named Vicki as well, but that he didn't get on with her (and Vicki G. made a point of saying something like #notallVickis).

I was glad to see Shannon's daughters playing instruments and doing their rock thing (though that music teacher was a very strange dressing fellow).  All ages shows in a bar/restaurant aren't uncommon.  What was weird to me was that the girls seemed to have none of their friends at the show.  Granted, that could be due to all of their friends' parents vetoing their appearance on the show.  As for the girls knowing about their parents' marital problems, that bell can't be unrung now, and even if David had never stepped out on Shannon, those girls know their mother and paternal grandmother don't get along.  From experience, I know you don't even have to tell the kids that specifically, they just pick up on the tension.

I loved Vicki's family at that lunch; all three other adults taking deep swigs of their drinks every time Vicki proclaimed her need for sex or her low maintenance personality was a hoot.  Maybe they developed their own drinking game ahead of the meal?

Eddie for MVP of the ep; loved seeing him just shoveling food in his mouth as Tamra twirled up Shannon about what the MIL said.

And the dubbed in, extra enhanced slurping of said beverages.  Sometimes I can't but help love BRAVO production........

• Love 20
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Why isn't David a crazy bad father who by his own admission started an affair the day after filming started and based on well sourced sources, that haven't been disputed gave his ring to the oldest to tell Shannon tht there marriage was over and the reason that Shannon found out was because their daughter found out on his phone.

It goes without saying that David is a piece of shit.  Just too bad neither of them thought first about protecting their kids. 

And I don't believe Shannon found out about the affair via his phone, but that the daughter did.  Terrible people all the way around.  

• Love 5

I was hoping to see a post from El Dos Equis outlining his thoughts on Vicki's lunch with Michael and Briana.  Still processing it perhaps?   Vicki is just such a fucking mess and she is completely (willfully?) oblivious to it.  I will be re-watching this meal a few times as the kid's reactions to her absurd views of herself were everything.

• Love 5

Awww I was actually impressed by Lock.  Whether or not they sounded "good,"  I admire their drive and initiative to actually write their own song and perform it in front of many adults.  That definitely takes some moxie! And yeah, Shannon's eldest may not be a naturally talented vocalist, but she sure is beautiful.  At one point I got her and Megan mixed up--they're both so tall and willowy.

David's mom--OY.  What a nightmare.  Poor Shannon.  On top of having to deal with David's issues and affair, she's had to deal with that crazy old bat for 15+ years. I don't blame her for getting upset at when Tamra told her what she'd said. But, on the other hand, I DO agree that Shannon should try to keep her emotions in check a bit more in front of her daughters.  They already know too much. 

7 hours ago, Teddybear said:

This is not the first episode where someone is screaming nearby yet Eddie continues eating his food without even raising his head.  

It was hilarious when Vicki (delusionally) said she's a catch, everyone at the table all of a sudden got very thirsty.  

Ha ha. Yeah.  I really appreciate that Eddie stays out of the fray as much as he possibly can.

I was thinking that restaurant scene was "edited" that way to make it look like everybody was drinking after she asked that question, but it was still hilarious nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Brianna's birthday lunch was hilarious. Michael cheersing the kid's sippy cup with his margarita. Vicki turning everything around back to her - "Michael, are you dating? Oh, that's nice. *I* want to get married". Prattling on about sex in front of the grandkids. The crickets chirping away when Vicki clearly wants validation that she IS, indeed, a good catch. Just priceless. 

OMG.  Classic Vicki, amirite?  That woman ...  well the best thing I can say about her is that she's consistent.  Consistently narcissistic, inappropriate, and delusional, that is.  Unless "low maintenance" and "great catch" mean something entirely different on the west coast than the east coast, that is. 

And I can't even think about her "sex" talk without making some involuntary Vicki-like heaving sounds over here.

• Love 18

As if Shannon wasn't already my best friend in my head, her twins were conceived during a Def Leppard concert!

Love,

she whose boy-child was conceived after a Danger Danger concert. #samesies #soulsisters

• Love 14

I agree David is a POS. Many times  in law problems happen when a spouse starts bitching to their parents about their spouse. My guess is that's what happened with David. But they are both to blame for dragging their kids into their marriage problems. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Why is Vicki's doorbell hidden under a tacky outdoor painting?  Maybe she thinks no one comes to visit her but in actuality they just don't know how to announce their presence 

Maybe Vicki thinks hiding the doorbell will keep her imaginary fans from bugging her?

• Love 8

My initial thought was that Tamra and/or Kelly should have told David in the moment so that his horrible mother could be shut down before she picked some other strangers to unload on however we have seen David in action and he clearly would have done nothing. I definitely think Tamra had to tell her but agree that was not the right time to do it especially since Shannon had already started drinking heavily due to her S-I-L and M-I-L's presence. It was interesting because you could actually see Kelly's wheels turning about whether or not to say anything about the pushing him to the affair part to Shannon but as soon as Tamra did it, she seemed relieved to not have to make the decision and add on that she was told the same thing. I mostly thought Kelly handled herself well last night and I'm very uncomfortable with that because I think she's nuts. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe Kelly? She went up to Kelly first and did she already know Kelly's name or did I just hear wrong? LOL

Yes, could've been Kelly too - right now, all four of the dune buggy rollers give me the creeps!

• Love 3

I agree David is a POS. Many times  in law problems happen when a spouse starts bitching to their parents about their spouse. My guess is that's what happened with David. But they are both to blame for dragging their kids into their marriage problems. 

It sounds like David doesn't actually speak to his family, so I wouldn't think they'd be a likely sounding board for his marital troubles. His mother probably got her information the same places we all did -- tabloids and internet.

• Love 4

Stage Moms is right. Shannon was a total stage mom. But she was still cracking me up. At one point, her dance moves looked something akin to an old lady pushing her walker down the hall. The dude in the hat was not having it. 

Dream Catcher is going to officially be in my head the entire day. So thanks, Beador girls. It was quite horrible at times, but I applaud them for getting up there and doing it. With practice and training they might be alright one day. 

I have no words for Shannon's mom. What a disgusting thing to say. But, once again, the real culprit in the room is Tattling Tamra. No need to say anything on the night of the performance. Wait until later. So we don't end up with Shannon flipping her shit, yelling at David, and holing up in the bathroom. And then that awkward conversation on the limo ride home. Yikes. 

I do get it. I think a lot of women might feel insecure that THEY somehow cause the affair. So to have someone say that, it hurts. But Shannon needs to keep her emotions in check in front of her children. Her hysterics are not fun to watch. 

That was David's mom causing the drama, not Shannon's. And while what David's mother did was disgusting and truly unexcusable (not to mention unexplainable), Shannon's reaction in front of her children was even worse.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that no one seems to be congratulating Meghan on her pregnancy? I mean it's not like she just woke up pregnant one day -- surprise! She worked really hard and went through a lot of pain to get pregnant, yet I've heard nothing but crickets and a cold wind -- and a lot of nonsense bitching about Vicki and the hospital -- from the other women on the show. They all had a fit over Meghan's supposed lack of compassion for the hospitalized-yet-selfie-taking-liarpants Vicki, yet none of them can muster a "atta girl!" for something as momentous as Meghan's pregnancy? I honestly don't understand this.

Shannon did before they went golfing with their husbands last (?) episode.

Otherwise, yeah, no recognition and even a shrugging off by Heather when Shannon said she was hormonal due to the pregnancy. She did get confirmation when the others were at Glamis so that took precedence (I guess...not saying it's right) or they filmed something and it just hasn't aired? 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

It sounds like David doesn't actually speak to his family, so I wouldn't think they'd be a likely sounding board for his marital troubles. His mother probably got her information the same places we all did -- tabloids and internet.

I'm particularly fascinated by all this because its seemly gone on since the beginning of their marriage and there's also a very profitable family business that now just seems to be run by David. I'd love to know how all this evolved.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Yep, HUGE CalTrans contracts. Think on ramps, off ramps, lane expansions, safety median's, ect. 

We have had a huge 101 revamp going on south here for the last year, lots of money/labor involved. Will be glad when it it completed!

Fuck the 5, 170, 101 and 10.

BINGO!!!!!

• Love 1

All you SoCalifornians-- one word: CARMAGEDDON. Which, by the time it actually hit was nowhere near as bad as the media prophesied. But the lead up to it, with its cones and closures and construction snafus was hellacious....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I was hoping to see a post from El Dos Equis outlining his thoughts on Vicki's lunch with Michael and Briana.  Still processing it perhaps?   Vicki is just such a fucking mess and she is completely (willfully?) oblivious to it.  I will be re-watching this meal a few times as the kid's reactions to her absurd views of herself were everything.

Tossing pearls of wisdom before this swine?

Thanks for the shout out and to start?

Creepy uncle mikey goes in for a hug?

If a kid wants a hug, they will walk over and get one, I don't force shit like that on a kid.

Why does Gomer sit next to bicki and the warthog sits diagonally from him? If I am 'on a date' with my wife, she will sit next to or across from me.

With kids/toddlers? You sit mom and dad next to each other with a kid on each wing - that way the parents do not have to reach across to help the kids out.

Brianna and her dig about Uncle Mikey seeing her 'Only once a year'?

I have a sister that I plan on seeing.......ah.........ummmmm............Never again. You can pick your friends, ass and nose - but your family is what you get stuck with.

If I was Creepy Uncle Mike, I'd steer clear of that mess. IF SHE IS going to turn her family out on camera/TH shots, you probably only want to see her once a year. I never understood the need for people to gossip or tear down a family member

MIKEY HAS A GIRLFRIEND.......kinda?

"It's not serious" meaning I have no interest in seeing her naked. I wonder if he goes to the gym for nakedness?

I think I had two conversations with my mom about sex. I think she knew I knew how it works....

You kiss, get naked and rub your peepee against your partner's peepee and it's no one else's business?

I always walk away from any HW show shaking my head at the lack of common sense and etiquette on these shows. I feel badly for being 'old fashioned', but that disappears pretty quickly when I figure out that I'd NEVER start talking about sex in front of kids, no matter how old they are.

Instead of telling bicki to STFU?

The 'adults' in the group chuckle and tell the kids to cover their ears - no admonishment to the transgressor - they all shove a fucking straw in their pieholes and pretend that they didn't hear anything.

Yikes....

• Love 6

I simply cannot believe that Shannon had no one help box up their stuff.  I moved 2 months ago, and it took me a couple of weeks - every single night - of packing boxes to get it all done. And my house is a fraction of the size of her house. Pack your undies yourself if you want, but I don't get not having someone help if you have their kind of money. 

I think Shannon is a control freak so likely is going to pack up a lot of the personal stuff anyway. It's funny, Heather is often seen as the control freak, and she is, but her need for control seems to stem from her highly organized nature and feeling that things should be done right. Whereas I feel like Shannon's need for control is more emotionally based? I loathe David, but agree with the poster upthread who said that he has looked trapped since episode one. In those early episodes, while Shannon was extolling her happy family, here was a guy who could barely seem to be able to stand to be in the room with her. All while she decided what he ate (I particularly remember a dinner with a very sad piece of grilled chicken and maybe a few leafs of lettuce) and what he did with his time. Shannon just strikes me as someone who is a bit of an emotional vampire who sucks her loved ones dry.

• Love 8

I don't think the MIL was invited by producers or any castmember.  I think she took an opportunity to go after Shannon on camera.  She was not herself mic'd so she beelined to Kelly and Tamra because they were mic'd and just started in on Shannon.  So sketchy!

Oh Vicki... a catch? Oh honey.  No. 

• Love 24

David's mom reminded me an old GF's mom.

I had dated this woman for a while and we had her parents over for a holiday dinner.

Mom goes into a story about how her and her husband got a flat tire up the street.

The hubby was an older gent and was having trouble changing the tire - It was in the high desert of Cali and really hot - not any kind of weather for a person of that age to be doing anything?

Someone in a car pulled over and changed the tire for them!!

She states that the husband pulled out some money to give them and the person refused.

She then looks at me and says, "I never thought you people could be so nice" or something to that effect.

The room stopped and I looked at her and said, "Sometimes you get a good one."

and left it at that. It was an obvious dig as to who I was, but I didn't let it bother me.

My GF apologized profusely after they left - I thought it was kinda funny - I was always courteous and polite to her, but never forgot who she was and what she said to me.

There was no need to yell and carry on about comments - heard face-to-face or via the pipeline...

Shannon should have listened, filed it for later on and not reacted.

She just showed how BSC she is and gave everyone an idea as to how to 'tip her over' later on.

• Love 13

For me worse than Carmageddon is Thursday traffic, any day rush hours as the freeway becomes a parking lot and then PCH from Santa Monica at the 10 thru Malibu, in the summer... geeze you have to really be on your toes.

The one nice thing about LA is that there are so many ways to get where you need to go if you need to avoid something. Might take you a bit longer to get there because you have to go a bit farther in a round about way or you have to take surface streets but you can get to where you need to go. One sucky area is the Whittier, La Mirada, La Habra and Brea area. Bordered by the 605, the 60, the 57 and the 91 there is nothing to go anywhere quickly.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

It was interesting because you could actually see Kelly's wheels turning about whether or not to say anything about the pushing him to the affair part to Shannon but as soon as Tamra did it, she seemed relieved to not have to make the decision and add on that she was told the same thing.

Didn't Kelly say that as a parting shot as she was leaving Shannon's 1970's party?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

For me worse than Carmageddon is Thursday traffic, any day rush hours as the freeway becomes a parking lot and then PCH from Santa Monica at the 10 thru Malibu, in the summer... geeze you have to really be on your toes.

The one nice thing about LA is that there are so many ways to get where you need to go if you need to avoid something. Might take you a bit longer to get there because you have to go a bit farther in a round about way or you have to take surface streets but you can get to where you need to go. One sucky area is the Whittier, La Mirada, La Habra and Brea area. Bordered by the 605, the 60, the 57 and the 91 there is nothing to go anywhere quickly.

You didn't mention the Wednesday before thanksgiving and the 'eves'. Or when those asshole actors throw fundraiders for the asshole politicians?

May as well start out two hours early, to get the jump on the traffic?

I once left the Valley at 1:00 on a Friday to get to the 'hood near Disneyland. 40 miles, via the 5...

It took me four hours to get to a pal's house with no radio, phone or a/c in the car.

That was epic because I learned so many new curse word combos.....

• Love 3

As someone up thread said, Tamra and Kelly should have gone to David first to shut his family down right after they had been dumped on by his mother. Shannon was already on pins and needles with MIL and SIL being there. David could have nipped it early and told Shannon himself at an appropriate time.

Christianity hasn't changed Tamra one little bit when it comes to gossip and splashing through other people's lives.

I think the girls have Grannie's and Aunt Vicki's number. They know who they are.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

MIKEY HAS A GIRLFRIEND.......kinda?

"It's not serious" meaning I have no interest in seeing her naked. I wonder if he goes to the gym for nakedness?

I think it was more like "I'm gonna keep my relationship as far away from this shit show as possible, #sorrynotsorry."

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

You didn't mention the Wednesday before thanksgiving and the 'eves'. Or when those asshole actors throw fundraiders for the asshole politicians?

May as well start out two hours early, to get the jump on the traffic?

I once left the Valley at 1:00 on a Friday to get to the 'hood near Disneyland. 40 miles, via the 5...

It took me four hours to get to a pal's house with no radio, phone or a/c in the car.

That was epic because I learned so many new curse word combos.....

Been there done that. Those are a sad given.

Dare I mention never going to Walmart or Costco around holidays or the time between Thanksgiving to Mid January unless it's a weekday and when they first open. Any other time, first thing in the morning or 2PM on weekdays is best, parents are at work and Moms are picking up snowflakes from school.

• Love 3

Shannon has hijacked this show and she knows it. And with that power, she's trying to cut the cancer with Vicki (PUN INTENDED I'LL BE HERE ALL DAY). 

Problem being-- Vicki is such a self-absorbed tampon of a person that she makes for great TV no matter what her storyline is. Her trying to sit down not once, but twice, without moving her neck after saying she came from a hair appointment = GOLD. 

• Love 9

On WWHL, Shannon said she was glad Tamra told her.  I agree.

It's a no win situation.  If Tamra told David and not her, Shannon would have been mad at Tamra.  Who knows how David would have handled it by himself without Shannon telling David to make them leave.  And God only knows what would have happened if Tamra didn't tell either Shannon or David that night.  Could you imagine what could have happened at the after party if Donna was there?

Yeah, Shannon goes over the top sometimes in her reactions.  Remember the story about Shannon running into David's affair at the USC game?

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 7