Type keyword(s) to search

Melanie & Devar: Jamaican Me Crazy

• Start Topic

It's finally hit me why I can't stand Mel.  She could be the twin sister of one my of ex-sisters-in-law. My oldest brother is too much like Jorge - goes after headstrong, controlling, demanding women (he's married to #5 currently).  My ex sister-law had the same up turned nose, big under bite, and dominating personality.  I could not stand her.  Or any of the others since they were all so much alike. It's just that Mel physically AND personality-wise could be Linda's doppelganger. UGH.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Trace said:

It's finally hit me why I can't stand Mel.  She could be the twin sister of one my of ex-sisters-in-law. My oldest brother is too much like Jorge - goes after headstrong, controlling, demanding women (he's married to #5 currently).  My ex sister-law had the same up turned nose, big under bite, and dominating personality.  I could not stand her.  Or any of the others since they were all so much alike. It's just that Mel physically AND personality-wise could be Linda's doppelganger. UGH.

I like Melanie.  I don't think she has a dominating personality.  She speaks her mind, but Devar doesn't strike me as a shrinking violet.  Nevertheless, I understand that if she reminds you of someone you dislike, you would dislike her as well.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2016 at 3:01 PM, Maharincess said:

I haven't seen every episode so forgive my question, who is Noone?  Is she the one with Kyle? 

On 11/15/2016 at 3:49 PM, Landlord said:

Yes. She is the one with Kyle. But I think NLKM9 meant no-one. As is nobody. 

On 11/16/2016 at 9:24 AM, nlkm9 said:

haha yes i meant noone-Mel listens to noone (except her libido:))

Noon is the one with Kyle. "No one" is two words....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Happy for them, but "Avah"? Is that pronounced "Ava" or does it rhyme with "lava"? Or is it more like "uh-VAAAHH"? Or "Jennifer"? I really can't tell.

Im that rare person who is not a fan of this couple, so whether or not they had a baby, Bev will believe what she wants to, I think Devar seems to be such a nice guy, but I also think they would not be together if Melanie had not gone to extraordinary measures to pursue it and to spend the money to make it happen.. I guess it sounds mean, but she took a HUGE chance bringing a stranger from another country and moving him into her home with her son. So many of the 90 day fiance cast members take this risk, and its great that it worked out for them, but I think Bev got the unfavorable edit and had  very legitimate concerns.

I do love Meanies son, he seems to be a great kid.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't see what's wrong about taking extraordinary measures for (what she believes is) love.  Thank goodness this one worked out happily for all!

I didnt say it was wrong, but I do not think that moving a stranger into your home with a minor child is a good idea..ever....And in this particular case while it worked out nicely, to me (and obviously Bev,lol) she bought herself a husband. If it works out for her, thats great. but the whole bringing a strange person into your home with a young kid to me is just crazy. YMMV.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't see what's wrong about taking extraordinary measures for (what she believes is) love.  Thank goodness this one worked out happily for all!

Extraordinary meaning bringing a complete stranger into your home with a child and spending close to 40 k doing it ( and laughing about spending your kids college $) out of all the couples i hate this the most ... but glad it worked out as there are more children involved now .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kareem said:

That was frightening. She looked exasperated and he was unrecognizable.  

Indeed. He didn't look like "normal Devar" who always struck me as kinda cute.

55 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

He looks crazed with his long hair straight up! That was BAD. If they were getting real bonafide numbers of viewers there would be a ton of backlash that was bad. Poor Ava. That marraige is over. 

long hair straight up? I haven't been able to watch ep2 and 3 of the new What Now season, so I don't know how it ends yet, but I wouldn't call it quits based on what little I saw. 

He looked a bit different because of the different hair but it was his personality that was so unlike what I had seen of him before.  I liked him, liked the way he was with her and liked the way he was with her son.  What the heck happened?  Hope her heifer head sister isn't gloating.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys what happened ? I can't seem to access the video and Devar seemed so nice.

Here as well. My DVR records a million of these episodes and I haven't seen this. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's 90 Day Fiancé What Now on YouTube, S2E2.  

Mel and Devar are at about 2:40.   Reposting link  -

Edited by Kareem
Video link problem
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It's online too:  Here is the link to the TLC site.

It's also "on demand" too.

I don't think Devar was high, some people get very strange when they drink.

He can't stand living in flyover state  America. It has taken it's toll on him too. Marrying for money is a tough job. I really thought that they would make it   

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 2

I can't get it to play either.  And I'm at work so can't check On Demand until this evening.  I just checked their FB's and everything appears to be ok.  I have to admit, that's the first time I've seen their daughter and she's so adorable. 

• Love 1

The area where they are living isn't always kind to minorities (any - not singling out any one group in particular - heck, they're not always kind to other white people if they consider them "outsiders").  I always wondered if they would move down the road a little way - there are cities not too far where there is a much more diverse population.

• Love 3
(edited)

That clip of Devar and Melanie is very troubling.  He's drunk off his ass but not a happy drunk, which is always disturbing.  Nice that he's threatening to return to Jamaica and cut her out of his life.   Obviously that includes their baby.

I don't know who this Cortney girl is, but her nose job is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen.

Edited by RedheadZombie
f versus ff.
  • Love 5

Was that filmed right after she had the baby?  The baby is almost a year now.  She looked a little postpartum and he said something to the effect of, "I can't wait until we can have sex again". 

• Love 5
(edited)

OH wow that was disturbing.  Poor Melaine, perhaps she didn't  know Devar as well as she thought. Elizabeth is all shades of Chantel running to Daddy to complain. I totally get Andrei not wanting to be beholden to Daddy.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4

sorry I have no sympathy for her--she spent all of her sons college money (and laughed about it) on several trips to see Devar and moved a stranger in with her son. She was very arrogant ( I know im in the minority here, people seemed to love them as a couple) but I felt like she bought herself a husband, with that being said, I hate that kids are involved and for that I feel sad.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

sorry I have no sympathy for her--she spent all of her sons college money (and laughed about it) on several trips to see Devar and moved a stranger in with her son. She was very arrogant ( I know im in the minority here, people seemed to love them as a couple) but I felt like she bought herself a husband, with that being said, I hate that kids are involved and for that I feel sad.

I agree she is no different than Danielle. At the reunion shows she was so smug about what she would do if Devar "acted up" . They both look miserable. But I do actually like Devar's hair :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Oh my, to be honest I missed most of their season but they seemed lovely together. I feel sorry for the kids, none of them asked for this mess. 

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

That clip of Devar and Melanie is very troubling.  He's drunk off his ass but not a happy drunk, which is always disturbing.  Nice that he's threatening to return to Jamaica and cut her out of his life.   Obviously that includes their baby.

I don't know who this Cortney girl is, but her nose job is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen.

What is Wong with her face, it looks so lop sided, even more so than last season. The cheap fillers need to stop.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Agreed.  I gave her a chance because Devar (on their season ) seemed to be amazing and kind.  But, she was a Miss snooty prick and she looks rough like she just overcame an addiction.  I did not know what Devar saw in her and was actually surprised to hear that it was working out (before now).   Her son is adorable, as is her daughter with Devar.  I feel bad for the children.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Was that filmed right after she had the baby?  The baby is almost a year now.  She looked a little postpartum and he said something to the effect of, "I can't wait until we can have sex again". 

This was filmed four days after she had the baby, via c section. Neither of them were at their best, she was clearly sleep deprived and he was drunk.

By the third episode, he was sober and they'd made up.

• Love 8

I still haven't been able to watch the video, but if Devar likes to drink, he's in the right area.  A church on every corner, and a bar across the street from it.  That's another reason I don't like to trapse down that way a whole lot and stay for any length of time.  Most restaurants around supper time generally have a fair amount of drunks in them (and most restaurants down that way that aren't fast food serve alcohol).

I never understood what he saw in her - she's not ugly, just average - but I didn't get a scammer vibe from him.  I kind-of figured their relationship was based largely on sex, and that's never a good foundation.

I gave her a bit of a pass on bringing a man home because her son lives with his dad most of the time, and just comes over on weekends and whatnot, and she seemed to be aware of that and seemed to ease in to it (IMO).  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I still haven't been able to watch the video, but if Devar likes to drink, he's in the right area.  A church on every corner, and a bar across the street from it.  That's another reason I don't like to trapse down that way a whole lot and stay for any length of time.  Most restaurants around supper time generally have a fair amount of drunks in them (and most restaurants down that way that aren't fast food serve alcohol).

I never understood what he saw in her - she's not ugly, just average - but I didn't get a scammer vibe from him.  I kind-of figured their relationship was based largely on sex, and that's never a good foundation.

I gave her a bit of a pass on bringing a man home because her son lives with his dad most of the time, and just comes over on weekends and whatnot, and she seemed to be aware of that and seemed to ease in to it (IMO).  

Did they move to Miami? And all she talked about in the first season was devar being a "father figure " to her son. As a parent, I dont care if I have full or partial custody of my kids, bringing a stranger into the home to live with minor children  is not very smart. So many people on this show do it, sadly.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Did they move to Miami? And all she talked about in the first season was devar being a "father figure " to her son. As a parent, I dont care if I have full or partial custody of my kids, bringing a stranger into the home to live with minor children  is not very smart. So many people on this show do it, sadly.

I was not able to see all of the episode, TLC app keep freezing on one ad. I was shocked to see him so out of it. I did not see part 3 (it says above he wasnt drinking in that part, but part 2 showed him either on something or having more then just one bad drinking day). 

I had thought they moved to Miami. I wonder if they would be on the show again since so many couples live in FL, it would make it easy to film. I also wondered if she did move to FL, what it meant for seeing her son. I understand people have all sorts of custody deals that work for them, but moving so far away unless it for a extreme reason (like a parent is dying and you need to take care of them or it is the only job at the time you can find with insurance you need) is a hard thing for me to accept. Melanie was a nurse so I don't think she needed to move to Miami for work. Plenty of nursing jobs in PA. I can understand she felt okay with her ex having her son weekdays and just seeing him on weekends but at least if her son got sick or her ex had an emergency see who be close. Moving to Miami for Devar, is not a smart move. Maybe his drinking stopped, but at least wait a solid year of no drinking and no issues before you leave your son and move to Miami. 

my understanding is she had a really good job that she could work from anywhere, I want to say she was a higher up in one of the major home care companies (I work in a related business which is how I know this). I have no judgement on her moving, perhaps it was best for his job. I just dont think it is ever a wise decision to move a strange person (man or woman) into your home with minor kids, and thats one of the things I find so disturbing about the show....yet I still watch :).

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:44 AM, NoSpam said:

This was filmed four days after she had the baby, via c section. Neither of them were at their best, she was clearly sleep deprived and he was drunk.

By the third episode, he was sober and they'd made up.

He's still lost points from me.   She's in pain, on pain meds, and he's drunk?  Guess she was doing all the child care, which sucks.  That's dropping the ball big time, and not a good indicator of how he reacts under stress.   You'd think he was the one who had his body cut open and a baby removed.

3 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I was not able to see all of the episode, TLC app keep freezing on one ad. I was shocked to see him so out of it. I did not see part 3 (it says above he wasnt drinking in that part, but part 2 showed him either on something or having more then just one bad drinking day). 

I had thought they moved to Miami. I wonder if they would be on the show again since so many couples live in FL, it would make it easy to film. I also wondered if she did move to FL, what it meant for seeing her son. I understand people have all sorts of custody deals that work for them, but moving so far away unless it for a extreme reason (like a parent is dying and you need to take care of them or it is the only job at the time you can find with insurance you need) is a hard thing for me to accept. Melanie was a nurse so I don't think she needed to move to Miami for work. Plenty of nursing jobs in PA. I can understand she felt okay with her ex having her son weekdays and just seeing him on weekends but at least if her son got sick or her ex had an emergency see who be close. Moving to Miami for Devar, is not a smart move. Maybe his drinking stopped, but at least wait a solid year of no drinking and no issues before you leave your son and move to Miami. 

I totally forgot this detail.  I thought Melanie made a big deal that Devar was going to be her son's father figure.  Odd when he had an attentive father who he primarily lived with.

18 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Sorry!  I just repeated what you've already said.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:42 AM, doyouevengohere said:

Agreed.  I gave her a chance because Devar (on their season ) seemed to be amazing and kind.  But, she was a Miss snooty prick and she looks rough like she just overcame an addiction.  I did not know what Devar saw in her and was actually surprised to hear that it was working out (before now).   Her son is adorable, as is her daughter with Devar.  I feel bad for the children.

If I recall correctly, I think Melanie has a significant case of rosacea.   I have a mild case, but my poor cousin is like Melanie, and I guess her skin can be described as "rough" even though she's only 28.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

If I recall correctly, I think Melanie has a significant case of rosacea.   I have a mild case, but my poor cousin is like Melanie, and I guess her skin can be described as "rough" even though she's only 28.

I don't know if she ever came out and said that she has it, but she has all the classic signs, as did her hateful sister, IIRC.  I have Rosacea, although thankfully not as badly as some people I've seen.  It's another reason I choose not to drink alcohol.  It can make it 10 times worse.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I watched them on Youtube, they are currently available (free) there. 

They still live in PA? At least that's what I assumed, they show the same exteriors as when Devar first got to PA.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:49 PM, nlkm9 said:

And all she talked about in the first season was devar being a "father figure " to her son. As a parent, I dont care if I have full or partial custody of my kids, bringing a stranger into the home to live with minor children  is not very smart. So many people on this show do it, sadly.

I think they are still in PA. She owns a home there, unless she sold it (I don't keep up with them on social media or anything), and her sister came to help with the baby after they got home. Devar can probably work a few weeks on and a few weeks off without them having to move. I had a neighbor who did that but can't remember what his exact job was, only that it involved scuba and wasn't recreational diving.

I've always had a different take on Melanie's "father figure" comment. She was talking about him going out with his friends, partying without a care in the world, and now was going to have to act in a different manner and used the term "father figure" to differentiate from his current "free-going bachelor" type of lifestyle. In the context of her statement, it just didn't come across to me as trying to make Devar a replacement for her son's dad, just a different experience for Devar, and she always had a positive comment about her son's father and relationship in his life.

To your second point, I actually hold Melanie not introducing Devar and her son prior to his arrival against her much, much more than others. Both she and Molly had the funds to travel with their children to meet their betrothed, and Melanie traveled to Jamaica several times during the immigration process. Skype is not a replacement to see how well they mesh, and she clearly realized it was a different experience for Devar. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Christina said:

I think they are still in PA. She owns a home there, unless she sold it (I don't keep up with them on social media or anything), and her sister came to help with the baby after they got home. Devar can probably work a few weeks on and a few weeks off without them having to move. I had a neighbor who did that but can't remember what his exact job was, only that it involved scuba and wasn't recreational diving.

I've always had a different take on Melanie's "father figure" comment. She was talking about him going out with his friends, partying without a care in the world, and now was going to have to act in a different manner and used the term "father figure" to differentiate from his current "free-going bachelor" type of lifestyle. In the context of her statement, it just didn't come across to me as trying to make Devar a replacement for her son's dad, just a different experience for Devar, and she always had a positive comment about her son's father and relationship in his life.

To your second point, I actually hold Melanie not introducing Devar and her son prior to his arrival against her much, much more than others. Both she and Molly had the funds to travel with their children to meet their betrothed, and Melanie traveled to Jamaica several times during the immigration process. Skype is not a replacement to see how well they mesh, and she clearly realized it was a different experience for Devar. 

I think they moved since this episodes were filmed. On Devar's social media it says new home Miami and the pictures reflect more of FL living then PA. The baby pics are so cute. 

I agree, Melanie had the finds for 29 trips to see Devar , she could have brought her son once. Most of the island resorts have those kids clubs. Melanie could have had Devar and her son meet and then if things did not work out or she wanted alone time, those kids clubs have so much for kids to do. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I agree, Melanie had the finds for 29 trips to see Devar , she could have brought her son once. Most of the island resorts have those kids clubs. 

Mel's goal on those trips was to get laid.  Hunter would have gotten in the way.  

I like this couple.  They seem good together and their daughter is adorable.  I am rooting for them.  

• Love 7