Type keyword(s) to search

Melanie & Devar: Jamaican Me Crazy

• Start Topic

On 10/30/2016 at 10:00 PM, sleepyjean said:

Devar wants to go to school for commercial diving? They live in Pennsylvania. Where is he going to ply his trade?  I can't see Melanie wanting to move to the South or the West.

thank you.  I couldn't figure out if he said diver or driver.  While there are divers for river rescue, we don't have pearls in our rivers.  

• Love 1

Melanie to me is a likeable person, I'm not sure why, but she seems very authentic for someone on reality TV, (unlike a few other people on this series who seem like they are trying to use up every minute of fame that theyve got (Loren, Anfisa, Paola),  especially considering the fact that she films without makeup on, sunburnt,  and has a regular job. Even her voice has grown on me

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 7

so wait...she is forever complaining about money, she couldnt afford the first wedding, she spent close to 40 K (college education for hunter anyone?) on visiting Devar and securing him as her husband and yet theyre having another wedding? crazy.

I dont care for her with the dark hair either and I think she has either put on weight or added muscle to her frame--she does not look the same as she did in the first season.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Melanie to me is a likeable person, I'm not sure why, but she seems very authentic for someone on reality TV, (unlike a few other people on this series who seem like they are trying to use up every minute of fame that theyve got (Loren, Anfisa, Paola),  especially considering the fact that she films without makeup on, sunburnt,  and has a regular job. Even her voice has grown on me

I agree.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

so wait...she is forever complaining about money, she couldnt afford the first wedding, she spent close to 40 K (college education for hunter anyone?) on visiting Devar and securing him as her husband and yet theyre having another wedding? crazy.

I dont care for her with the dark hair either and I think she has either put on weight or added muscle to her frame--she does not look the same as she did in the first season.

In her season she was very slim. Yes, square shaped and no waist but very slim. She really rocked her bikini. She looks like she put on 20 lbs at least. Yes, she still looks athletic but she just doesn't carry her weight well. Her face looks fuller too. She now resembles sister Bev a lot more.

• Love 6

I don't think the super dark hair is doing her any favors in resembling Bev. But I wasn't a fan of her blonde hair either. She needs to go to a good stylist and find a happy medium... like soft ash brown with a little bit of highlights. 

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Has Hunter been on at all this season? I can't remember. Did her ex put the kibosh on his appearances?

Haven't seen him a single time, I was wondering as well. Spending a month at his dad's maybe?

12 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Has Hunter been on at all this season? I can't remember. Did her ex put the kibosh on his appearances?

Melanie was who put the kibash  on her son appearing. The storyline of conflict with Devar and his sisters was created to replace him. Her terms. 

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I thought he was at camp for a bit in the summer.

Can't blame her a bit if she took him out of the circus of the show.

except her saying the phrase "a father figure for Hunter" was repeated so many times during her season. I think he is such a cute kid and she got very lucky that moving a man in with them that Devar had never met worked out so well.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:53 PM, GracieK said:

I don't think the super dark hair is doing her any favors in resembling Bev. But I wasn't a fan of her blonde hair either. She needs to go to a good stylist and find a happy medium... like soft ash brown with a little bit of highlights. 

Someone with Mel's complexion doesn't look good with jet black hair.  It's too severe and makes her look much older.  I liked her as a blonde, but I believe she would look great with auburn hair.  Devar is slender and boyish. He looks younger than 28.  With her new hair, Mel looks like she is pushing 40. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, newyorkgirl said:

I agree that Melanie needs a little makeover.  I like and respect her in general but feel that she should not have given Devar access to her bank account.  There were too many red flags.

Melanie is an extremely self aware, persistent person and all this Bev stuff is for the cameras..what Melanie wants, Melanie gets, and she is unapologetic.  Noone, even Bev is going to shame her into not investing so much time and energy to get Devar in her life. as far as a makeover, the dark hair is too severe, I agree---but she is the type that needs to decide this on her own,lol. I wouldnt want to be the one who told her.

• Love 2

Seems like Mel is on Bev's side when she's talking to Bev, and Devar's side when she's talking to Devar.  The dinner conversation was just Bev voicing all of Mel's concerns to Devar in a safer-cause-I'm-a-third-party delivery.

And Mel in the middle of them:

looking-back-and-forth.gif

• Love 17
On 10/31/2016 at 4:06 PM, bichonblitz said:

Please tell me Melanie doesn't have a joint bank account with Devar. How stupid can you be. Hell, I have been married for 22 yrs and we still have separate accounts. It's easy. You pay this, and I will pay that. End of story and no headaches. Of course, we don't keep secrets and know what each other's salaries are so no surprises there.  And if you are married to a con like Devar, then you give him a small allowance each month since you are paying all the bills anyway. He won't have enough left over to send to his deadbeat sister.  It's not rocket science. 

Oh, and Melanie looks much, much better as a blonde. The too dark hair does nothing for her. 

Having a joint account works for some, and not for others. My wife and I have a joint account and have always had a joint account, even before we got married. (Yes, that would have made it more difficult if we had broken up instead of getting married. So, not something I would advise someone to do if I were asked. lol) And for us it works just fine. At this point in our lives, having separate accounts wouldn't matter anyway since I'm the only one working. That said, I know my sister-in-law and her husband have separate accounts and have always had separate accounts. So, it all depends on the couple.

That all said, I agree that she wasn't very smart to give Devar access to her money.

• Love 5

I don't think I have ever seen someone who still needs to go to Immigration to adjust the status of the spouse to gain the permanent resident (green) card who did not have joint bank accounts. That is just about the first recommendation used to prove a real relationship and not that the American took a bribe to smuggle someone into the country..

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

As a commercial diver with HAZMAT certs (think sewer), Devar can make more than Melanie.

I think that they live inland so traditional diving is out.  HAZMAT sounds like it could be an option but I imagine that kind of job is very competitive.

35 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

nice fakeout show!! LOL I knew that wasnt happening.

If that had actually happened el would have been making that call holding a bloody axe. And she would have asked Bev for a shovel. Mel doesn't play.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I knew it was fake because they were promo-ing the tell all with the two of them sitting there all entwined in each other (seriously, why do all these couples think they have to touch constantly when they sit together? These two were especially awkward). So it was obvious that he didn't run away. TLC kinda blew it there with their own promos. 

I'd like to ask Mel how she'd feel if Devar wanted to leave PA to go model in Miami.  Paola is pulling a straight up scam on the guy right now. Moved away, changed her name, but still makes sure to be all touchy-feely for the cameras. I don't get the "you go girl!" shit from Mel. Think about your spouse doing the same thing. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I knew it was fake because they were promo-ing the tell all with the two of them sitting there all entwined in each other (seriously, why do all these couples think they have to touch constantly when they sit together? These two were especially awkward). So it was obvious that he didn't run away. TLC kinda blew it there with their own promos. 

I'd like to ask Mel how she'd feel if Devar wanted to leave PA to go model in Miami.  Paola is pulling a straight up scam on the guy right now. Moved away, changed her name, but still makes sure to be all touchy-feely for the cameras. I don't get the "you go girl!" shit from Mel. Think about your spouse doing the same thing. 

Paola's husband is unemployed at the moment, so they are free to move if they wish. Melanie has a good job in PA from what I understand, so she would probably be more concerned if Devar wanted to move.

12 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I, too, loved how Mel handed Mo his ass! Next week's previews showed Devar having to hold Melanie back from wanting to beat the crap out of someone, I'm assuming Mo.  

He better watch out! We know how Mo just loooooves to call 911.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I, too, loved how Mel handed Mo his ass! Next week's previews showed Devar having to hold Melanie back from wanting to beat the crap out of someone, I'm assuming Mo.  

No, she was threatening Mo that Devar would kick Mo's ass. (And Devar's like, "leave me out of this...absolutely.") lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I have a cold black heart.  I would like to see someone kick Danielle's ass, too.  She acts like she has nothing to do with her situation, it is all Mohamed's fault.   They both created the mess they are in.  Drop the victim role, give him the damn divorce, and move on.  Revenge is an ugly place to be.   Find someone in the US, there are plenty of dating sites.  Not all of us buy it that you wanted to learn about other cultures.  You were looking for someone eager to marry and come here.  The truth will set you free.  

I will show myself out.  

• Love 11

wings, I agree with you. he is despicable indeed, but there is plenty of blame to go around. She needs to let it go, although a tiny part of me things TLC will keep throwing money at her if she keeps it up--but lol her reading that speech from her paper in the parking lot...oy vey.

• Love 2

so anyone catch how devar said he had women begging him to come to the US every week? He cracks me up. Mel--she doesnt seem the least bit embarrassed to talk about her sex life on national tv and no Im not jelous,lol.

where does devar work now? anyone know?

Devar said he works- 11 hour days is one phrase I remember hearing - not sure what he is doing for a job though.  He talked about how Mel thought once he was working he would be too tired to want sex 3-4 times per day. But that apparently is not the case. Rather than being too tired for sex, he needs sex in order to cope with the stress from working long hours. At least that is my take on his comments.

• Love 3

There's a self-righteousness to Mel that I find irritating. She's got a 'tough girl I've got it all together' thing going on. They're both tacky in the way they overshare personal details of their lives, & talk like lusty teenagers trying to impress their stupid friends. She had to tell her husband to stop 'comforting' another man's wife- that's just 'off'. Watching their story line was okay, however, I found them both incredibly annoying at the reunion.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Devar said he works- 11 hour days is one phrase I remember hearing - not sure what he is doing for a job though.  He talked about how Mel thought once he was working he would be too tired to want sex 3-4 times per day. But that apparently is not the case. Rather than being too tired for sex, he needs sex in order to cope with the stress from working long hours. At least that is my take on his comments.

I kind of love this.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

There's a self-righteousness to Mel that I find irritating. She's got a 'tough girl I've got it all together' thing going on. They're both tacky in the way they overshare personal details of their lives, & talk like lusty teenagers trying to impress their stupid friends. She had to tell her husband to stop 'comforting' another man's wife- that's just 'off'. Watching their story line was okay, however, I found them both incredibly annoying at the reunion.

It's the area she's in.  We call it "coal country" and they're all like that.  Not saying it's good or bad.  Just that she's a product of her environment.  I know others from that area, and it's all the same.

As for the 11 hour days, most job opportunities in that area would involve some sort of industrial or warehouse work.  There is plenty of that within 30 minutes drive in a few different directions.  That would be my guess.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

It's the area she's in.  We call it "coal country" and they're all like that.  Not saying it's good or bad.  Just that she's a product of her environment.  I know others from that area, and it's all the same.

Can you say more about this? Its interesting (I know nothing about that area).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Can you say more about this? Its interesting (I know nothing about that area).

It's an area that was once very much alive with the coal industry.  As that has died, so has the area.  It's sad, really.  I've watched it slowly die for 30 years.  Some areas that are closer to me than where Mel is have homes for sale for $25,000 - nice homes. Older, but remodeled, and with nice conveniences.  The rub is that there aren't many jobs - you'll have to commute somewhere.  She's closer to the Lehigh Valley, Reading, and Harrisburg than some of the towns closer to me, so commuting is a little easier and opportunities are more plentiful.

I find in general that most people from that area are generations in.  Many were immigrants from Poland and Eastern Europe.  It's not uncommon to find Orthodox churches with the onion domes in most of those towns.  A lot of them (can't say this for Mel, at least) rarely travel, and are content to stay put, or go to destinations not far away.  Again, this is in "general".  Some of those areas have embraced immigrants.  Some have not.  I think Devar will be fine, although I would bet there are not many ethnic people in his area.

Again, in general, I find many people from that area to be loud, opinionated, and blunt.  That doesn't mean I don't like them (I work with some), but it's their personality, and the personalities of many around them.  If I had to pick one good example, it would be Bev, to a tee.  My husband had a customer in that area once that took us out to dinner after he did him a favor.  We walked in to this small restaurant and we were told to wait for him.  It was then that I realized that it was indeed possible to walk into a room and have everyone quit talking at once, and all eyes were on you.  They were all locals.  They knew we didn't live there.  It was a little unnerving until his customer showed up.

I went to college with a girl from that area.  She got her degree, and was working at a golf course.  She said it was the only job available where she could use even some of what she learned.  I asked her why she didn't move.  She looked at me like I had bugs coming out of my ears.  Some of those towns close down on Friday night for High School football.  The communities are tight-knit, and they can have difficulty warming up to new people, but will generally do so pretty quickly.  They can be distrustful of things they're not familiar with, and tend to be skeptical.

But again, this is a generalization.  YMMV.  I've lived where I do (about 35 minutes north of the start of Coal Country - about 35 minutes above where Mel lives) most of my life, and Mr. Funky is from the Lehigh Valley, so we have worked, gone to school with, etc, many from that area.  Again, it's not bad necessarily...just different.

• Love 9
On 10/17/2016 at 5:58 AM, nlkm9 said:

melanie has gained weight, her body is not as good as it was--still in excellent shape though..... also confused why her sisters cant help the younger one who seems to live in a shack. However, I have no sympathy for Melanie, Devar made his intentions very clear and this is what she wanted so I guess  she has to live with it.

first off--i love Bev, lol. and no, Melanie had made it clear she will listen to noone, not her family, not Dr Phil lol, noone. it is what it is.

I haven't seen every episode so forgive my question, who is Noone?  Is she the one with Kyle? 

48 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I haven't seen every episode so forgive my question, who is Noone?  Is she the one with Kyle? 

Yes. She is the one with Kyle. But I think NLKM9 meant no-one. As is nobody. 

Edited by Landlord
I can;t spell for sh**
  • Love 1