Type keyword(s) to search

Melanie & Devar: Jamaican Me Crazy

• Start Topic

M&D are one of the few couples that I actually think have love and attraction going for them. Unfortunately, he seems to think that her money is theirs and his money is his. He was a lifeguard in Jamaica, so no skills or education are likely. Minimum wages here might equate to a lot back home, but it barely covers food in the US. Mel should put her foot down and tell him he must work 2 jobs if he wants to send money to his sisters. 1 to help her & 1 to help them. If he's not willing to do that, then he doesn't want to help his sisters bad enough to make sacrifices himself & Mel shouldn't contribute a dime.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Devar wants to go to school for commercial diving? They live in Pennsylvania. Where is he going to ply his trade?  I can't see Melanie wanting to move to the South or the West.

How convenient that was what he wanted to do...and his wife just happens to be American and willing to fund his schooling. The way he worded that was suspect.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Devar wants to go to school for commercial diving? They live in Pennsylvania. Where is he going to ply his trade?  I can't see Melanie wanting to move to the South or the West.

With a commercial drivers license, he can drive a bus or a coach. Plenty of public and private transport in PA.

9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Especially not with a job that pays well enough that she sup-ported him for 2 years plus countless trips. There's also the fact of the shared custody of Hunter with her ex. 

I married an English bloke through the K-1 Visa process and set up a prenup for myself saying basically any assets I had pre-marriage stay mine if we divorce. We did eventually divorce and it was a fairly simple process, especially since we had no children. 

42 minutes ago, aurora296 said:

I married an English bloke through the K-1 Visa process and set up a prenup for myself saying basically any assets I had pre-marriage stay mine if we divorce. We did eventually divorce and it was a fairly simple process, especially since we had no children. 

For some silly reason people like to talk about divorce as if it were the 50's.. "she won't give me a divorce", "he'll take you for everything you have", "there's alimony", etc.. this is all nonsense people!

The reality is most if not all states have "no fault divorce".  One party files and unless the other party files an opposition you will get divorced without a hearing. Custody and property issues are often handled separately.  It costs money to contest a divorce, something most of complainers don't have.  

Most intelligent,sane people manage to get divorced (even when you have kids, property, retirement funds, savings, etc) without much drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm more convinced than ever that Devar is a con and he's found someone gullible enough to fall for his act. The side-eye he was giving Melanie when they were in bed talking said it all, for me. He's going to continue sending money to the younger sister, no matter what. And by the end of the conversation, Melanie agreed. She is paying a huge amount of money for that dick, if you ask me. Bev is the only one making any sense in this storyline.

Is she really Devar's sister? If so, the other two sisters would have gladly taken her in, right? I think there's way more to this story than meets the eye.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Most intelligent,sane people manage to get divorced (even when you have kids, property, retirement funds, savings, etc) without much drama.

Well there's the rub. the people on this show like drama. If Melanie  didn't love drama she wouldn't be telling bev the private business of her marriage.  When she splits with devar she will make it ugly and bev will be egging her on.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'm more convinced than ever that Devar is a con and he's found someone gullible enough to fall for his act. The side-eye he was giving Melanie when they were in bed talking said it all, for me. He's going to continue sending money to the younger sister, no matter what. And by the end of the conversation, Melanie agreed. She is paying a huge amount of money for that dick, if you ask me. Bev is the only one making any sense in this storyline.

Is she really Devar's sister? If so, the other two sisters would have gladly taken her in, right? I think there's way more to this story than meets the eye.

It's  possible that she is his sister but not their sister. They seemed considerably older than Devar.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

DRIVING.  See my comment in the All Episodes thread.

16 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

How convenient that was what he wanted to do...and his wife just happens to be American and willing to fund his schooling. The way he worded that was suspect.

I recall on his season that he has started that process to come to US to be with his Mom and when he met Melanie he stopped. Dont blame him, she made it clear she would pay any amount to bring him over.

15 hours ago, Verojama said:

I never thought devar would do that, im surprised he would get his green card and disappear with their money wtf?

crazy editing. I highly doubt it. that being said, I have zero sympathy for her, she spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to purchase herself a poolboy and he made it clear that even if she disapproved, he was sending money home. 

• Love 2

If I had a sister who disapproves of my husband, the last thing I would do is tell her what is happening in our private life.   Mel doesn't seem to have the guts to say certain things to Devar, so she riles up Bev and gets her to do her dirty work.  She really needs to grow a backbone and stand up to her husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Please tell me Melanie doesn't have a joint bank account with Devar. How stupid can you be. Hell, I have been married for 22 yrs and we still have separate accounts. It's easy. You pay this, and I will pay that. End of story and no headaches. Of course, we don't keep secrets and know what each other's salaries are so no surprises there.  And if you are married to a con like Devar, then you give him a small allowance each month since you are paying all the bills anyway. He won't have enough left over to send to his deadbeat sister.  It's not rocket science. 

Oh, and Melanie looks much, much better as a blonde. The too dark hair does nothing for her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

If I had a sister who disapproves of my husband, the last thing I would do is tell her what is happening in our private life.   Mel doesn't seem to have the guts to say certain things to Devar, so she riles up Bev and gets her to do her dirty work.  She really needs to grow a backbone and stand up to her husband.

Completely agree! 

Bev is openly hostile and she doesn't show Devar an ounce of respect. Mel is not stupid and I'm sure she know having Bev run her mouth hurts, not helps the marriage. 

Mel comes off as being cold, firm and having little tolerance for bs, so I don't understand why she needs Bev to do her dirty work. 

• Love 3

They're together at the tell-all, so I doubt he ran away with money. 

I'm guessing Bev is just there to be another person to talk to and start shit.  These couples get boring after awhile when they are completely alone. 

It was definitely "diving". It was even on the screen as translation. 

I think Melanie is straight up fug in dark hair. And I guess in regular clothes. Her body is athletic and built for shorts and tanks. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Ha, I just said this exact thing in the All Episodes thread. She wants to know the answers to Bev's questions and is hiding behind Bev being an asshole to her husband.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, GracieK said:

They are still together and in Jamaica.. they just had a second wedding down there.. I assume so his family could attend.  Devar is looking pretty wasted in this pic...

14906897_1481085881907759_92066417977098

Wow, Melanie looks so much like Bev in this picture! Not good!

• Love 4
On 10/31/2016 at 0:09 AM, Verojama said:

I never thought devar would do that, im surprised he would get his green card and disappear with their money wtf?

This show plays fast and loose with the editing. 

Having said that, I really hope Devar did skip town with Melanie's money.   The way Melanie sat there nodding approvingly as her ugly buttinski sister grilled Devar was unforgivable.   Devar's relationship with his sisters is none of Beverly's business.   And I thought the way Devar explained that to Beverly was beautiful to behold.

Speaking of beholding, what was Melanie thinking coloring her hair dark?   She looks 100% better in the flashbacks where she's blonde. 

20 hours ago, GracieK said:

They are still together and in Jamaica.. they just had a second wedding down there.. I assume so his family could attend.  Devar is looking pretty wasted in this pic...

No offense, but I wish you guys wouldn't spoil like this.

Edited by Drogo
Removed Kyle/Noon discussion.
On 10/30/2016 at 10:18 PM, mayvenne said:

WIth the little clip of "Coming Attractions" it sure sounded like he took a chunk of money from their accounts? Did anyone else catch that one?

We caught that, but we're pretty sure the preview was set up to make it more "Oh. My. God!" than it actually will be.

14 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I think Melanie is straight up fug in dark hair. And I guess in regular clothes. Her body is athletic and built for shorts and tanks. 

Yeah. I wouldn't have given Melanie a second look, even when I was single.

My theory is that Devar has kids with Punkeshar and the reason he is so hard set on sending her money is that it's really to support his children.

She looks nothing like him like a sister would and seems to have little to do with the two actual sisters that live together, but not with her.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

My theory is that Devar has kids with Punkeshar and the reason he is so hard set on sending her money is that it's really to support his children.

She looks nothing like him like a sister would and seems to have little to do with the two actual sisters that live together, but not with her.

That would make sense. A sister says thank you. A baby mama says "do you have more..." (At least in my neck of the woods. greedy bitc................!)

What was it she had said? "You gonna help me?" which to me almost sounded like she held on to her "or what?"

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

If I were Devar I would leave Melanie just based on her vocal fry and pronunciation of the homeland. Cha-maica. OMG it GRATES. 

I'd much rather listen to Melanie's voice than Loren's. Lauren grates something bad. 

• Love 3

I worked with someone who's husband was a commercial diver (the subtitles definitely said DIVER not DRIVER).  He made really good money, but was away a lot...he would go out on jobs that lasted several weeks. 

This is trivial but I hate Melanie's dark hair. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GracieK said:

Is that coke powder on his nose/lip? And hers? WTF? It can't be sunscreen because he doesn't need it.

• Love 1

....and did Punkesheir bring the kids to see their daddy get married to his special lady?

Just now, Major Bigtime said:

Is that coke powder on his nose/lip? And hers? WTF? It can't be sunscreen because he doesn't need it.

It was Halloween... a bit of flour and you go as a cokehead, cheapest costume ever. Even cheaper than bathing in red  Kool-Aid, sticking a broomstick up your ass and going as a candy apple.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Why are they blowing money on another ceremony. When they are already fighting about money. SMH. He must be a dynamo in the sack 

I would venture to guess that TLC paid for the 2nd wedding. Too bad they didn't pay for a professional to do Mel's make-up. Between the rosacea and the sunburn, she looks like a tomato with bad hair.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I actually think Devar and Punkeshar do look alike. He looks like her more than his other two (cackling) sisters. She and Devar have the exact same mouth. She's just lighter complected.

• Love 1