Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Duggars in the Wild

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Wilderness training continues for the Duggar siblings following a frightening encounter with a nocturnal visitor. Meanwhile, Jill and Derick celebrate their second anniversary; and Jessa and Ben are amazed by how fast Spurgeon is growing.

So, we're going to be subjected to a full segment of "Wow, he's growing so faaaaast!!!!! Milestones!!!!!!" Like billions of parents before them and billions to come. I think Imma gonna have to have some wine to get through this one.

• Love 10

I wish I had wine.

These people are flat out stupid.

Survival school in skirts and cowboy boots? Check  (Who stole the flipflops?)

Girls saying "we want more babies soon". Check

"We do things differently". Check.

A BEAR in the woods, who could have thought it? 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I wish I had wine.

These people are flat out stupid.

Survival school in skirts and cowboy boots? Check  (Who stole the flipflops?)

Girls saying "we want more babies soon". Check

"We do things differently". Check.

A BEAR in the woods, who could have thought it? 

Chiclets I have sangria would you like some

• Love 2

I'll take lots of sangria. 

My god could Jilly and her stud muffin look more out of place. IF you can't stand Central America, get out, there's a bright idea. 

They bore even themselves so there is no hope for the audience.

• Love 2

I would have paid someone to torch the RV, hot dogs and cell phones so they would actually have to survive one night.  

I never saw a bear in the stock footage.  Did you guys?

Wow! Just wow.  I am embarrassed for all of them.  Can someone explain to me why they got patches at the end?  Maybe Jinge can have Jenny sew her survival patch to her Jer pillow.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Did Jinger really just say that she waits by her phone for Jeremy to text or call???  Sounds like an awesome start to a relationship 

Clearly "The Rules" is not on the Duggar-approved reading list.

• Love 9

Why did they have Big White Baby in shoes and a flotation device if both parents were passing him back and forth and teaching him to swim?  After all, he was within the WALL of the hotel night that was 'gifted' to them.  

I literally am sick of Jill and Derrick using the term GIFTED.  Geez!  Just say that someone gave it to you.  They used the same word about the air conditioning unit in Danger America that Ma and Pa Duggar bought for them with TLC money.  

Spurg is absolutely freaking adorable.  His laugh cracks me up.  Bengermin and Jessa did one thing right.  

• Love 6

When Derick was lamenting about only being married for two years and having a 14 months old toddler, it reminded me of Ben musing about being a father at 19.  I think the fact that they voiced these concerns, indicate that they realize that their situation is a bit abnormal.  At least Derick appears to have the good sense to slow down the baby train, while Ben seems to be powerless. 

Jinger’s behavior takes me back to 8th Grade and my first boyfriend.   I can't begin to imagine marrying the first guy I dated. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Did Jinger really just say that she waits by her phone for Jeremy to text or call???  Sounds like an awesome start to a relationship 

Like when you're 12. But back in the day, my parents wouldn't allow me to have a phone in my room, because they knew I'd monopolize it (and truth told, I pretty much did). Even so, as conservative as they became in my teen years, they never listened to any of my silly, giggling adolescent conversations other than passing through a room. They gave me some PRIVACY. However, I did catch my brother picking up the upstairs line a few times. Not as a chaperone, just being a little brother PITA. :D

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, sheshark said:

And repetitive scenes from Danger America.  Same pool scene.  Same expression quoted incorrectly; "calm, cool and collective."

The pool scene was what TLC put up as a "sneak peek" over the weekend which is why it seemed to be repetitive.

this camping shit is soooo boring. like omg. I would rather watch another baby shower or dentist episode

Jinger is ridiculous and I bet jeremy was relieved she was out in the boonies for a while and didnt sent him 1000 million selfies. I wonder what Jeremy really thinks about it. he grew up normal and was around normal adult women ... he has to know this is juvenile behavior. I wonder if it scares him.

• Love 11

Is there such a thing as being a "clinger by cell phone?"  If so, Jing has won the prize hands down.  What is Jer doing that he can stop & talk or text her every 10 minutes? (I'm being generous with the time.)

Of course we had to go down memory lane with the Dullard's wedding. It's a shame that the only thing Derick got out of his wedding day was the first kiss & getting it on afterwards. Even Jill made it seem like driving away from the festivities was the highlight.  I know to them these were the highlights since they had never even experienced a front hug before (besides the slipsies at the airport). Then ending up getting pregnant so quickly. It all is so sad.  They seem to have forgotten how important the actual ceremony & vows are. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

this camping shit is soooo boring. like omg. I would rather watch another baby shower or dentist episode

I felt the opposite way.  I mean yes, it was dumb and staged and stuff, but it was kind of fun to see the siblings together and doing something different.  I mean, different than a courting or a baby.  I'll take the camping over Ben and Jessa sorting baby clothes and talking about how big Spurge has gotten.

Does this mean Jessa is having a girl?  I mean, why get rid of your baby clothes if you're going to keep having more kids?  My daughter is almost five, and I'm just now getting rid of her stuff because we had boys last year and we know we aren't having any more.

• Love 9

Jessa probably trades in his baby clothes for bigger sized stuff at the consignment place. I haven't seen the show. Did she announce her pregnancy with the pee stick to the TLC crew? They are in about the area that she would know, given we are now in June. That's aside from the Death in the Woods shit that will go on for another episode. Who knows when that happened? Is Jeremiah there? If so, then after he got out of ALERT, but IBLP no longer posts pics of previous tribes' dates, only some pictures. Blame Robert Staddon. At any rate, we have an idea of when he was there: in the spring. His hair STILL isn't growing out, it's curly, so it's really hard to gauge time like I usually could with a guy picture. 

But if Jer is there, it has to be May or June? We know how TLC fucks with timelines, so...

34 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I felt the opposite way.  I mean yes, it was dumb and staged and stuff, but it was kind of fun to see the siblings together and doing something different.  I mean, different than a courting or a baby.  I'll take the camping over Ben and Jessa sorting baby clothes and talking about how big Spurge has gotten.

Does this mean Jessa is having a girl?  I mean, why get rid of your baby clothes if you're going to keep having more kids?  My daughter is almost five, and I'm just now getting rid of her stuff because we had boys last year and we know we aren't having any more.

I think I mostly was boring to me because half the participants didn't do anything and just complained about it. It would have been cooler had they been all in and excited. haha 

So I've watched all 3 episodes this season an I'm left with a question.  Do you think the family even notices how much more Joy enjoys the "boy " stuff than the "girly" stuff?  Or do you think they ignore it on purpose?  Not trying to make any comments on Joy`s sexuality.  Just think she's a tomboy which is apparently wrong in this culture.

• Love 2

So when jinger was keeping her sisters awake with her phone not-sex, she went to the rv to talk to him instead? Sounds like other sibs eventually went in there to sleep too, but did she get unsupervised phone conversation with lover boy? I thought that wasn't allowed (although previews with his arm around her and Jim bobs disapproval... Though supposedly each couple is supposed to be able to make their own rules, haha, right!)

• Love 3

OMG how has Jeremy not run away screaming already?? He seems to have grown up normal-ish, went to college, played pro sports and in all that time likely hd a girlfriend or friends who were crushing on him and he on them, at least. He must realize it isn't normal for a 22 yr woman to be unable to go more than a few min without calling, texting or sending selfies to her boyfriend no matter how much she loves him. I mean clearly he watches the show and is in this for fame -- why does he think that Jinger won't be a clinger given her behavior now and given that she has learned from women like Jill -- who was smothering her husband to the point of driving him to/from work and then needing to go have lunch with him at work -- for the 9 months he actually held a job.

WTH is wrong with Jessa and that couple they showed!? They are all mid 20s-- do they REALLY have nothing to talk about besides -- when did he laugh; when did he roll over; how much diaper rash has he had!? Seriously?? You have NOTHING you want to say to each other besides comparing how many times a day your precious baby boys pee? And Jessa and Bin "reminiscing" about how it was to have a baby that age is effing ludicrous. You have a 8 month old. They have a 3-ish month old. Are you really reminiscing about how life was earlier this year?? Newsflash -- the kid you have, also a baby -- why not enjoy that one??

Jill is so miserable in Central America. She almost looked teary as she talked about the carpeting and the shower and how it was like back home in the US. How can Derick not see that his wife is miserable? Or does he want to avoid a cubicle farm life so much that he just doesn't care and thinks she'll pray it away? Awesome to hear Derick say the best part of the wedding for any guy is what happens after. Is this proof that Derick couldn't get any without an arranged marriage?

Also nice to see next week's preview where JB and Michelle think nothing of embarrassing a 22 yr old daughter bc her 28 yr old boyfriend puts his arm around her . . . that's apparently TOO FAST for the parents . . . .

• Love 14

Also loved the "anniversary dinner" where Derick asks -- what are your goals for the next yr? And Jill's immediate response is -- hopefully the same as your goals, what are yours? Um -- Jill you ARE allowed to have your own goals in life. And Derick your goals CAN be something other than a PhD in Jill Dillard. WTF!? I'm pretty sure they do have cards or at least nice stationary in Central America -- even just paper that isn't ripped out of a notebook with the edges still attached. They couldn't have splurged for something nicer to write letters on since they likely will keep them!?

• Love 9

WTH is wrong with Jessa and that couple they showed!? They are all mid 20s-- do they REALLY have nothing to talk about besides -- when did he laugh; when did he roll over; how much diaper rash has he had!? Seriously?? You have NOTHING you want to say to each other besides comparing how many times a day your precious baby boys pee? And Jessa and Bin "reminiscing" about how it was to have a baby that age is effing ludicrous. You have a 8 month old. They have a 3-ish month old. Are you really reminiscing about how life was earlier this year?? Newsflash -- the kid you have, also a baby -- why not enjoy that one??

I think Jessa is at least suspicious that she is pregnant, but probably she already knew. if Spurgeon was 8 months old, then she was 2 months along. I imagine she's trying to put a positive spin on it. The one thing their fans don't want to hear is that they actually aren't as happy as they pretend to be.  Since she's pregnant,  might as well put a good face on it. 

Producer: Are you pregnant?

Jill: Lots of people ask that. (Answer the question! That was annoying.) 

The Duggars sure have changed. I remember when they could do  anything in flip-flops. Thank God they're a little smarter/richer (than when they went to say construction sites in flip-flops.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Jill seemed really depressed while Derick was happy as a hog in shit. I don't know how he can be so oblivious because Jill isn't even faking at being happy. 

Jessa and Kristen are the kind of women I run screaming away from at social events. Not because I have an issue with talking about children, but because I want to stick a fork in my eye when it dominates the conversation. 

The survival scenes fell flat, mainly because none of the kiddults wanted to be there. Jeremy is a weirdo because any normal guy would've kicked Jinger to the curb by now.

• Love 9

LOL, did this happen?  (Yes I am "quoting" myself.  Not gonna wrangle this browser to make it look right, ha.)

Even her brother Josiah agreed to an extent, saying that all of his siblings have gone a little nuts when they've been courting. "When they're interested in somebody, they're just like, 'Whoa!' They can't think -- they can't concentrate," he explained. He also suggested breaking Jinger's phone, but knew that that wouldn't accomplish much. "You realize everybody's going to go through this phase of life, so just deal with it," he said.

As for 18-year-old Joy-Anna, she might be slightly annoyed by her sister's inability to think or talk about anything but Jer, but she's keeping it real. While talking about how her other sisters Jill and Jessa became obsessed while they were courting before Jinger now, she confessed, "I'm just going to keep my mouth shut and not say anything, because ... I'll be the worst of them all, probably."

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/200423/jinger_duggars_siblings_are_so?utm_medium=cpm&utm_source=usweekly&utm_content=celebrities_rssfeed

So, here in black and white.  The courting female is released from all responsibilities because she literally can't turn her brain cells away from her beloved, so hey, why fight nature, just give in and go with the flow!!1!!!

I gotta figure out a way to wrangle this sweet deal once my potential spouse comes a'callin'.  I'd like to quit my job and do nothing but bask in waves of pheromones.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 9

Check out first post on this thread. I didn't even have to watch to predict that segment. Come ON TLC. 

4 hours ago, cereality said:

Also loved the "anniversary dinner" where Derick asks -- what are your goals for the next yr? And Jill's immediate response is -- hopefully the same as your goals, what are yours? Um -- Jill you ARE allowed to have your own goals in life. And Derick your goals CAN be something other than a PhD in Jill Dillard. WTF!? I'm pretty sure they do have cards or at least nice stationary in Central America -- even just paper that isn't ripped out of a notebook with the edges still attached. They couldn't have splurged for something nicer to write letters on since they likely will keep them!?

They posted that shit on Instagram. 

• Love 1

All I could think of when Jessa said how she loves the age of Brecken was Michelle - 0 to 6 months and then its time to put the shiny new baby down and move on.

I actually feel bad for Jill. Her fairy tale has continually been rewritten from the moment of Izzy's delivery and it continues.

Jinger's & Jeremy's courting rules talk must have consisted of, we can't kiss, hold hands or have sex, or the talk never actually happened. Jeremy's comment about his arm being around Jinger was, "I didn't know they didn't do that". 

I'm wondering if the kidults called mommy & daddy to ask permission to all sleep in the RV together. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

So glad I'm boycotting this boring show. Michelle us in next week's episode? Gag me.

Yes, it looks like MEchelle, Boob & Jing go to visit Jeremy. They're shown in a restaurant with Jer's parents.

• Love 1

ZZZZZzzzzz it was the worst episode e.v.e.r. 

I'm thinking that the older kids can't get away because they have NO means of supporting themselves so they have to continue to make them film the dumbest of shit.

Derick is going to die if he stays married to Jill. She has NOTHING to talk about. What does she really know besides some bible verses and having babies!? At least Derick can hold a conversation. See Boob sending kids to a real school MATTERS! 

As for me I'm thinking Si will be involved in some skandal and make things more exciting. He looks like he wants to flee and will do something krazy to make it happen.

Other then those observations I got nothing.

• Love 10

Did no one warn the survival guides about the Duggars? They seemed genuinely perplexed by this freak show. That said, NO WAY in hell would I sleep in a pile of leaves and spiders. 

• Love 4

Survival School = Fast Forward (mostly, stopped it now and then to see what they were learning but it was pretty much snooze fest).  Jessa wore yoga pants or leggings under a skirt to exercise; why didn't the girls wear the same in the woods, anything that offered a little extra protection.

Jill and Derrick on vacation, watched most of it; they just had to mention danger again though.  That theme is in every episode now and at this point it honestly has me a little stumped................are they trying to make sure we appreciate their situation or sacrifice or are they trying to lay groundwork because they're moving on soon and they want it to look like some sort of safety decision?  I doubt the moving on part because I don't think Derrick will just go back to the US and get a 9-5 job but he could be looking for a new assignment, something more urban to make Jill happy.  If she's pregnant though they for sure will come home for the birth (that's one thing I wouldn't make fun of them for though).  

The babies are the ones to watch, can't screw up with babies on TV (and boob knows that's where his money is coming from!).  Izzy saying hola la la la la la (with tongue out the whole time), Spurg playing the part of an escaping wet noodle while Ben tried to dress him and definitely that laugh of his.  I think they've got me, I'm only watching for the kids and to see how Jinger's wedding plays out (curiosity sucks)  

• Love 7

I wonder if Spurge goes to the pediatrician.  Once again I think if he did, we would have seen or at least heard about it.  Just thought it was weird when Jessa was discussing Spurgey's weight she said he weighed around 20 pounds & was gauging his growth on what size clothes he's wearing.  I would have expected her to say something like  "the Dr. says he's in the upper percentile of the growth charts" or  "the Dr. says he should be doing this now"  like most (first time) parents do.  There's never a mention of Spurge getting shots either.  I'm guessing the only time he's seen a doctor is at the hospital when they took Jessa in after he was born. 

I thought the giving away the clothes thing was weird too especially since they plan on a lot of kids.   It looked like Jessa packed 2 outfits in a grocery bag & took them over to the friend. Just another producer driven idea especially when the couples couldn't generate any other conversation besides the babies.  I probably would have fallen off my chair if I would have heard the other guy ask something normal like  "How's work going Ben?" 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

"We do things differently". Check.  I wish Jana had said that, instead she said "We do things different." as usual. Were they ever taught about adverbs and adjectives I wonder?

That had to have been a rhetorical question, right?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I wonder if Spurge goes to the pediatrician.  Once again I think if he did, we would have seen or at least heard about it.  Just thought it was weird when Jessa was discussing Spurgey's weight she said he weighed around 20 pounds & was gauging his growth on what size clothes he's wearing.  I would have expected her to say something like  "the Dr. says he's in the upper percentile of the growth charts" or  "the Dr. says he should be doing this now"  like most (first time) parents do.  There's never a mention of Spurge getting shots either.  I'm guessing the only time he's seen a doctor is at the hospital when they took Jessa in after he was born. 

I thought the giving away the clothes thing was weird too especially since they plan on a lot of kids.   It looked like Jessa packed 2 outfits in a grocery bag & took them over to the friend. Just another producer driven idea especially when the couples couldn't generate any other conversation besides the babies.  I probably would have fallen off my chair if I would have heard the other guy ask something normal like  "How's work going Ben?

Best laugh of the day! You win the internet!!

• Love 3

"Duggars in the Wild."

From the title, I thought this could be a throwback episode. A compilation of footage of the feral younger Duggars roaming the TTH at will, snagging food as/when they could, running with dirty feet on the kitchen counters, putting video cameras in the dishwashers. Which otherwise don't get much use since the Duggs eat off of styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery. Howler Monkey escapades! Topped off with Jim Bob's famous mini-golf dry humping scene, which is pretty wild too.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I feel like Jinger is over the entire family. She can't wait to get away from them and ma and pa Duggar's clutches and start a new life with Jeremy. A hot and sexy new life!  I hope he makes her happy and doesn't turn out to be a controlling douchenozzle like her dad. I also like how they are making their own coutship rules despite the parents,since they can't keep their hands off each other anyway.

It's a little shocking to see the flashbacks of Jill and Dereks wedding. Derek looked so nice. Short hair and all. He has gone completely downhill. Why the dirty overgrown hair, the severe weight loss, bags under his eyes and the sloppy facial hair now? I don't get it. What ever is going on with his mouth is just plain scary. His two front teeth are starting to shift to the side, they are not centered anymore. What the hell are those braces doing for him?  Is there some medical reason for the braces other than just straightening his teeth? Trouble with his jaw or something? I vaguely remember it was a more serious issue than just aesthetics. 

• Love 3